• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu could feel the sudden shift in their stances and positions. He had been discovered. Shit. I figured it would take them longer to notice me. He slowly stood up taller, shifting his weight to his right foot and preparing to move just in case.

Two guys, one girl. The girl and one of the guys is on the left side and the other is on the right... He readied his blade, and prepared to call upon his storm of feathers. Now or never, they'll make a move if I don't.

Yasu flashed his handisgns before calling out, "Wind style: Wind Blade!" With his shortsword now covered in extremely high pressure gusts of wind, he moved his arm. The blade came down, slicing the top half of the tree trunk like butter.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo looked sucspiciously at Kiro before finally giving in, unlike before, he had no fireball, his chakra was already limited, so he needed to use his fireballs sparringly.
"Why should I trust you? I barely know you, for all I know, you could betray me. So thanks, but no thanks," He turned away, trying to stqy awake, he felt thqt at any moment, he could collapse and fall asleep.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
As the half of the tree trunk above them spliced apart, Zaku’s eyes widened as he saw the fragments if it about to rain down in their position. Not good!

Take cover!”

Zaku lunged out of the hidy hole. The fragments of the tree above coming down and stabbed into the once safe hollow tree spot. Zaku wondered if the rest of the team made it out, all he knew was that he was fortunate enough to escape unharmed. He looked around and finally locked eyes with his attacker. The boy seemed to have an unrelenting look in his eye, and a plan ahead, like he was counting on them to escape the tree.

“Who the devil are you?!”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
As Zaku lunged out of the tree, Yasu looked down at him. A sharp glare in his eyes. He pointed his blade at the boy as he spoke.

"I would tell you, but that's not exactly important right now." He sprang backwards, holding up a single handsign. "Wind Style: Feather Darts!"

At his call, half of the feathers he had floating around the trees came rushing in at Zaku. His plan was simple, force them out of the tree and separate them. While they were still recovering, send in his feathers. Even if the feathers failed, he had his blade to swiftly finish them off. Now he just had to hope they didn't have a way to easily fend off his onslaught of feather darts.

Zaku’s shocked expression. Quickly turned to a confident one when he realized the feather darts were the choice of weapon. What are with all the Bukijutsu users this year? This year must be my lucky one!

Zaku did not even for a handsign, as his already raised arms the high pitched noise realizing from his hands grew louder and louder as he yelled.

“Decapatating airwaves!”

The strong jet streams of air bursted from his hands, the projectiles easily stopping on his barrier of wind. The projectiles were light enough were it was simple to deflect. He then chickened at the ninja in front of him.

“If i were any other genin, you would have had me. A shame that you picked the worst possible matchup!”

Zaku, still producing the shockwaves of air, crossed the streams, cutting in an ‘X’ formation at the opposing ninja’s position, dust flinging up from the air that’s as shot from him. After the attack, Zaku’s airwaves calmed down to a halt. Heh, that was easy. For a moment I thought I was in danger.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Shit, why must I have such terrible luck...

Yasu's hardened feathers were easily repulsed. As they fell to the floor, Yasu made another handsign and they rose to the air once again. This time however, he also called upon the other half that were still hidden around the nearby area.

With a wall of feathers floating behind him, and his blade at the ready. Yasu lunged at Zaku, aiming his blade for the throat.

"Let's see if your air waves can keep up with this!"

Hm! gutsy. Flinging himself point blank like that. Doesn’t he know the power of the justu of the future, does he? Ha! It’s almost sad. Zaku’s confident expression didn’t falter. He hopped back, preforming one handsign in each of his hands he aimed them directly at his fast opponet.

“Decapatating airwaves!!”

He unleashed a stronger burst of air, that required some Chakra to use. Not only did the blast rocket directly at his opponet with incredible speed, but since Zaku was in the air, he was sent backwards several feet as well. The jet stream propelled him a sufficient distance away, leaving his attacker with a ripping airwave problem.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Damnit, the force behind that Jutsu is crazy

Yasu just barely managed to grunt through his teeth, "Your wind is strong I'll give you that..."

He raised his free hand, performing a couple handsigns while still trying to fight the airwaves.

"Wind Style: Gale Palm!"

With the increase in pressure from his side, Yasu managed to scrape through Zaku's airwaves. He touched the back if his blade, subtly as not to draw attention to the action.

"My turn!"

5 feathers flew at Zaku's back, increasing in speed the closer they got. At the same time, Yasu flung himself once again at his opponent.

The feathers hidden behind my blade might give this guy a nasty suprise.

Five water shuriken flew through the air and parried the feathers, continuing into the tree behind them before reverting to there normal liquid state.
"Your bukujutsu, its interesting....not great." Katsuo finally spoke up, picking one of the feathers off the floor.
"There to lightweight on either end. Even senbon are weighted on one side for accuracy. You want more power, perfect your tools." He informed the fellow ninja before taking a step back.
"Continue if youd like."

Zaku was caught off guard, the feathers sent behind him were a comeplte surprise...that is until they were pinned to a tree by his companion, Katsuo. He breathed a sigh of relief until he realized a mad man with a sword was still charging his way.

“In that case...Crippling Soundwaves!”

He released a invisible pulse, the high pitches noise coming from his implants now radiating violently, the tunnel and his Chakra guiding the sound directly to focuse on Zaku’s attacker. The soundwaves Zaku unleashed would usually shatter the inner ear, not only making a ninja potential deaf for a time, but also would mess with balance as well as even eyesight. Let’s see how he fights when his own body turns against him!

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
The soundwaves that the male shinobi was using were becoming more and more intense with time. Yasu wasn't exactly ready for his feathers to be taken out, and the soundwaves Zaku just released were painful on his ears. They were starting to ring, and his head was beginning to throb.

Think fast, stay calm, come up with a solution...

Making his handsigns, Yasu began filling his ears with wind. It hurt a bit, but it was better than the blistering noise prior to it. He couldn't do the same for his eyes, so he shut them. The pressure on his eyes and head were giving him a headache. Using the wind to locate his target he moved forward, at a speed faster than before. He swung his arm. The blade he was holding moved so fast that it flickered. The feathers he hid earlier flew out, one on each side of Zaku.

Using the feathers as a distraction, he planned his retreat. He gathered his remaining feathers, stuffing them back into his pocket and speeded away through the forest.

Last edited:

Zaku was shocked at the sudden charge through his attack, and the sharp projectiles being flung his way, he quickly ducked, one went through his hair, and another just lightly knicked his cheek, making a red spot, but not deep enough to draw blood. He looked up to notice Yasu had made his escape. Zaku gasped, before chuckling, turning into a statisfied laughter.

“...!...ha....hahahaha! So the attacker becomes the prey. Running with your tail in your legs, next time don’t bite off more that you can chew!”

Zaku looked confidently to Katsuo and Madoka. A snicker plastered on his face of his accomplishment.

“Should we go after him?”

Yasu would feel the vibrations of something below him as Tomiko traveled under the tunnel below the ground Yasu escaped on. Given what she had felt while she hid herself underground, whoever this was had been a loner who tried to fight that group of three. Given she herself was a loner, Tomiko figured if she could strike up an alliance they might better their odds against that trio.

Tomiko burst from the ground and landed in front of whoever this person was, as given she used vibrations to get a general feel she had no way of knowing who this guy was.

"Hey there, having some problems ther....Yasu?" Tomiko asked, as she had been surprised to see that the lone wolf was only to see it had been one of the people she made a pre-exam alliance with.

Hey, maybe this could work out better than I could have hoped.

-----------
Madoka had a lot to process within a short amount of time. Their group, or rather Zaku and Katsuo, had been attacked by this feather-using ninja who Madoka had recognized as Yasu. One of two ninja she had made an agreement with before the exams had began. Either Yasu had honored that or he had been too focused on Zaku to strike her but thankfully he departed before the fighting had gotten out of hand. Madoka was snapped from her thoughts by Zaku's question as she tried to think of an answer that would not give away she knew who that was.

"Well, it's a risk if we mindlessly peruse. It might be a trap to lead us away and towards other allies and the numbers advantage could flip on us." Madoka pointed out, which was a reasonable concern to consider and could have been true for all she knew.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"T-Tomiko! Don't scare me like that!"

The shocked Yasu stumbled backwards, almost falling over, upon seeing the kunoichi he had made an alliance with prior to the exams. He took a second to regain his composure before returning to conversation.

"So I guess we have some catching up to do, huh? By the way, do you pop out of the ground often?"

“Hmmmm...oh so many interesting specimens this year aren’t they?”

Orochimaru sat atop one of the tallest building in Kohona. His disguise still ripped, he snickered down with a finger on his chin at the forest of death. A female figure was next to him, with long black hair and a camo robe, along with the signature sound tie. She looked to him and spoke back.

“All this battle down there is getting my blood pumping, can’t I kill one of the brats?!”

“There’s a time for everything, soon this entire village will fall to it’s knees, and all their secrets will belong to me.”

“Then we will have bloodshed!”

“And you...are my trumph card.....”

“.......Kin.......”

It was nearly impossible for Ryo to keep up with the chaos that took place in the matter of minutes in that early morning.

Not long after Azumi had accepted the proposal of an alliance during this Forest of Death stage, they had noticed a figure was drawing closer and closer - and it has become apparent that the person was running from something, as there was yet another genin behind them in pursuit. Ryo had thought he was acting ahead of time by gripping his kunai and backing into a fighting position, however he was tremendously sidetracked, as the girl who seemed to be someone just running from their assailant ended up being the one to initiate an attack.

Within moments, the kunoichi had swiftly made her way behind him as if she was teleporting, while simeoultanesouly conjuring a hell storm of wind- the gale tearing away at the nature around it as it huddled through the forest. Ryo, acting on instinct, had whipped his head around to get a look at the assaulter - which was his first mistake. While he was distracted during his attempt to identify Sagiso, the forcedul gale heading his way had finally reached its destination. He let out a shriek of pain as the entire branch he was standing on was obliterated, and he was knocked a good distance away.

The thin Yamanaka was descending quickly to the deep and hard ground below, and had to act fast. Fortunately, the academy had elaborated on a situation such as this, and although he dismissed many of the lessons as useless for real life use, this was something he was glad to have paid attention in. Ryo had executes a couple of quick hand seals, and extended the index and middle finger on both of his hands, forming them together into a ‘T’.

“A-Aah! Shadow Clone Jutsu!” He called.

Within seconds a dozen of dark blurs had spread from his body single file, forming into exact replicas of himself. The clones extended all the way to a low hanging nearby branch. Immediately, one had gripped on tightly to the branch, the next grabbing his feet, the next doing the same, continuing all the way down until the 12th clone had gripped on to the real Ryo’s hand. Ryo blushed in embarrassment as he dangled, since he and his replicas probably looked like those plastic toy monkeys that the children played with - but it was either this or become roadkill on the forest floor. The clones swung to the side like a large rope, causing Ryo to glide and roughly land on the base of the tree. The clones soon disappeared as he was able to focus chakra into his feet and stand horizontally on the tree.

He observed how far the blast of wind had taken him - and he noticed that he was a good 100 feet from Azumi and Sagiso...as well as a third ninja who was currently still dishing out attacks. Ryo began running quickly up the base of the tree into the thick area of leaves, panting heavily and soon realizing how he had acquired a soreness in his back. He sighed, stretching as he crouched and hoping he hadn’t bruised. He looked on through the leaves at the battle before him, and then began to believe that the assaulter who was chasing Sagiso could possibly harm Azumi as well, and Ryo himself had just agreed a couple minutes prior to fight alongside her.

The blonde took multiple leaps forwards from branch to branch, closing in the space between them. He managed to make it and land beside Azumi on a new stable foothold. He was still panting, and even brought his hand up to his chest, beating at a rapid rate.

“These guys- ....we need to move!” He explained. Chances are at least one of them had an Earth Scroll, but with the current state of jutsu that was being slung around, the opportunity could be more dangerous than golden.

“Heh, if you insist.”

Zaku then dropped his hands to his sides as he looked back to his team. They were all wide awake, pretty much fed, and full of Chakra. He cleared his throat and addressed them.

“Let’s get the remaining scrolls, let’s hunt down some genin and make it to the tower- Today!”

Azumi glanced over at Ryo, naturally the normally calm and cold stoic had been flustered by all this and it had little time to react before the pair was under siege again.

This time, the branches around them began to twist and bend as they seemed to come after them. As these branches that seemed to have a mind of their own had seemingly denied the Genin a chance to escape. Sakura's Genjutsu had taken effect, though neither Azumi nor Ryo or Sagiso would have had any chance of knowing that as Sakura had kept herself hidden in a distant tree.

This has to be some trick. There's no way the actual trees themselves could....

Azumi had been interrupted from her thoughts when Kenji tossed his kunai that embedded themselves into the branch that Ryo and Sakura remained on. Kenji had quickly flashed some handsigns as he aimed to take advantage of the chaos and Sakura's Genjutsu.

"Lightning Style, Thunder Stream Jutsu!"

With that, an electric current traveled from Kenji's hands and along the metalic cord that connect Kenji to the kunai lodged within the tree branch and once they reached the kunai they would release from it and send a powerful shock to anyone who happened to be on the branch. With the targets having been Azumi and Ryo, though Sagiso might also have been caught in the crossfire if she landed on the branch to resume the attack on Ryo.

----------
"Yep!" Tomiko said with a cheeky grin as indeed the two had been through a lot since they last saw each other, so a minute to touch base was a necessity.

"Been traveling underground, a human mole if you will. I rely on feeling vibrations of people walking on the ground above me to get a sense of where people are. Like that sonar thing bats use. So, I'm like a mole-bat." Tomiko said with a chuckle, but quickly shifted focus away from her bad humor.

"Though given it is just vibrations, I can only get a sense of someone or something above ground. No way to know who it is till I pop up like so." Tomiko clarified, as she explained how she had been traveling through the forest and how she was able to see anything while she had been underground. Though also brought up the limitations of this movement so that Yasu had a better sense of what she could or could not do with it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima woke up and stretched as she yawned. She looked around her cave, satisfied. Then she used a bit of her supplies of food and water, and left. "I need to find a scroll, fast. Maybe I can ally with those two people I met yesterday? No, if I find them great, but I can't waste time looking for them," Hashima said as she began scouting for people. Eventually, she had stumbled across a waterfall. She was about to get closer, but then noticed a hole, and gasped while on a tree.

"It's a cave! There might be someone there... like where I slept from!" she thought, a bit excitedly, a bit worried. Then, she got an idea. She went near the water... and transformed into a strong carp. Then, she began swimming up the waterfall, and went inside the cave, when she noticed someone that just got a fish was also there.

"Oh shoot," she thought as she transformed back into her normal self. "Welp, prepare to fight," she said with determined eyes.

Kai noticed a perciar looking carp try to swim up the waterfall, a carp not native to this region. ...these amateurs. Do they just read about fish in books and think it’s normal for these fish to be ANYWHERE? These xenos are fools.

Kai leaped out of the waterfall, and landed on top of the water below the waterfall. Kai, with his mask on, seemed to be standing menacingly toward the girl.

“Give me your scroll, or die, Xeno scum.”

He made a few handsign before throwing his hands on the surface of the water.

“Ice barrier!”

A dome of ice completely surrounded him like a snow globe, as he made preparations inside it, drawing on the water below him as a good source of saving Chakra. He created several shadow clones within the dome, which lunged out through the ice barrier, taking a bit of the ice barrier with them to form weapons. Flails, axed, scythes, swords, and shields were used by them as the taken parts of the shield slowly reformed back. The battle was on

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I'm not even from this village!" Hashima shouted as she ran away from the clones. Then she sighed and did a couple of hand movements.
"Wind Style: Crossing Arcs!" she called as she moved her arms in a cross-like stance.

A gust of wind in the form of an X headed towards the clones while Hashima herself began charging up her chakra to get ready to use more jutsu.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Mole-bat huh?" Yasu chuckled at the though of the girl with bat wings and mole nose. "Anyway, that's cool and pretty similar to what I can do actually. I can feel the area around me with the wind. It gives me a bit more information than your vibrations do... Like I can identify some physical features of a person, or tell the size and shape of things. Other than that though, similar concept."

"By the way... which scroll do you have? Might be important information, I don't know." He said sarcastically. If she needs an Earth scroll then I can give her my extra, and then we can just focus on getting one more heaven scroll.

Out of 8 of the clones, two were sliced into ribbons by the wind attack. The others quickly farted out of the way. The other clones quickly moved in a circular formation, around Hashima, all taking a spot around her before leaping at her with their ice crafted weapons.

Meanwhile, Kai himself was inside his barrier, preforming several hand signs before stopping.

“Ice barrier!”

Another barrier of ice appeared, a spherical one coming up from the water from the river. It quickly made an ice sphere around Hashima and the Clone’s fight, the river now constantly feeding the second ice sphere and Kai kept making handsigns. Step two; complete.

Normally, the idea of a display of one's scroll would have been a foolish move, but Tomiko decided that if this alliance was gonna hold any water she had to be honest with Yasu as she reached into her pocket and flashed her Earth Scroll for Yasu to see.

"Got an Earth one, what about you?" Tomiko asked, as she hoped that either Yasu had a spare Heaven Scroll on hand or was an Earth Scroll like herself. If they had opposite scrolls then this would have been an...interesting alliance to say the least.

----------
"Somebody is ambitious, but that drive is needed. We only have the remainder of the day and tomorrow to get to the tower. Once you and Katsuo are at full recovery we will set out to find some Genin." Madoka advised, as she wanted to give Katsuo and especially Zaku the time needed to recover. Even if Zaku appeared able and eager as it were.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Crap, I'll never be able to do this in such a small area, and that water is perfect source for him to use ice," Hashima began thinking. She jumped out of the circle and then used "Wind Style: Great Breakthrough" to break the ice surrounding her. Then she began her escape, though she stopped at the tree. "Fight me here, unless you're afraid to leave your little cave! You're gonna have to eventually to get another scroll, ya know!" Hashima shouted.

'Tsk, he didn't impale himself after all!' Slightly disappointed with the outcome Sagiso prepared to press her assault when she noticed that her target not only made no attempt to retaliate he'd even made a bee-line straight for Azumi. His actions were needless to say, completely illogical unless... 'Is he trying to take her hostage?' Sagiso dismissed the thought. Azumi shouldn't be useless to the extent that she immediately got captured by an enemy ninja, or at least if Azumi really did prove to be that inept then Sagiso would have to rethink this whole 'alliance' thing. She'd been looking for a partner, not someone she'd need to babysit.

It was clear that something had happened and she was the only not 'in the know'. While Sagiso was still trying to make a modicum of sense out of the situation the branches of the tree beneath her started coiling around her feet, a piercing sound followed as a kunai pierced through the air. A muffled curse seeped through her lips as Sagiso assumed the worst and prepared herself to deflect it with a burst of wind-natured chakra from her palms. Her palm struck out desperately, the kunoichi prepared to sustain an injury to defend her vitals from being hit by the ninja tool. Her palms swiftly passed through the empty space before her and for an instant, she held her pose. Her hands stretched forth as she attacked...nothing.

The panicked look on her face froze abruptly, and she stood there- looking and feeling quite stupid. It didn't take much of a genius to realize that she wasn't the target of the assault. In fact, her pursuer had waltzed right past her in favor of attacking Azumi and the Konoha-nin. Chirps of electricity were roused as the ninja unleased his lightning-styled jutsu.

The embarrassment came like a surging tide as the Kunoichi blushed until she was as red as the blood she was about to shed. "Y-you! Y-y-you!! How Dare you Ignore me!!" Shame quickly turned to fury as she shrieked out her frustration. 'How dare this...this...kid ignore me in favor of attacking Azumi! What!? After chasing me through the forest I'm suddenly not worth your time anymore!?' She felt completely and utterly humiliated; as if someone had spent weeks trying to court her and as soon as she was ready to return his affection she saw him walking off with another girl. A woman's mind was complex, and Sagiso's even more so- as the fact that she hadn't been targeted sent her into a murderous rage. The other party had clearly besmirched her pride and honor as a Kunoichi! This was a debt that could only be paid in blood.

Her charka surged as Sagiso took a deep breath, her face a mask of apocalyptic rage. "Wind Release: Violent Whirlwind!!!" Her voice was accompanied by a rampaging cyclone of air which had been ejected from her mouth, and it howled through the sky, clearly intent on eviscerating the Lightning release user.

All the clones turned to her immediately, all with an eeiry synchronization to them.

“We do not obey the wishes of Xenos.”

All of a sudden, all the clones kicked on the river under them, a large splash of water, along with the fragments of the broken ice barrier rose up, crystallizing into sharp, thin, spears, floating into the air.

“Secret technique! A thousand needles of death!”

The ice Spears shot forth at amazing speeds, showering the entire area around Hashima with the incredibly ranged attack.

“Heh, this? It ain’t nothin’.” Zaku player off to Madoka. “I just used two attacks is all, only one required actually effort. I’d recover that by the time we meet our next prey. I’m ready to get to that tower!”

The sand ninja thinks we of the sound need breaks. We aren’t like that of the other villages, we don’t break so easily. We’ll show them all, one way or another. Right Orochimaru sensei?

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima was going to dodge the attack, but she realized the range was too big. So she did a couple of hand movements. In a few seconds all the needles hit, but it was revealed to be mud as it began losing its human shape. Meanwhile the real Hashima was deeper into the forest. “Hehe, the river is barely nearby now,” she thought. Though she still want the scroll. Thus she performed hand seals again and shouted,”Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!” The technique released a lot of strong wind from her direction.

Kai saw the mud clone dissapate and heard the air coming from a farther off location.

If that she beast thinks I’m going to desert my biggest advantage, she is sorely mistaken. She can’t even face me directly. Pathetic.

The clones simply stared in that general direction without moving closer at all. They gazed like hawks. One of them accidentally got caught up in the great breakthrough attack, leaving 7 clones remaining. They didn’t even bother to respond. Suddenly, they all spoke in unison.

“Is...this what your people have to offer? Cowardice? It’s no wonder no one has ever heard of this mud style jutsu, because the users don’t have a spine.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima at this point had become annoyed, but then calmed down. “This is obviously a trap to lure me in, but it’s gonna backfire. Well, he asked for it,” she thought as she went near the clones. Then she performed a bit of hand movements before jumping of the tree and placing her hand on the river. “Mud Style: Bottomless Mud Hole!” she shouted as a circle began to form around the clones. Then, the jutsu began taking effect. “The only coward here is you, at least I’m okay with fighting head on. You just don’t want to lose the water that you can turn into ice. It doesn’t matter, if I do end up leaving, you’ll have to as well to get another scroll sooner or later. And see, you’re not the only one who can use water,” she explained with a smirk.

“Hm....”

The water soon dirtied in many areas with the color of brown mud that polluted it. The clones sunk into the mud hole, puffing into thin air. The xeno’s got spirit. But let’s we if that would hold up.

Kai emerged from his cave the ice barrier that surrounded him, transformed into a new set of clones with weapons. Kai looked down on his opponet. He made a series of hand signs before announcing his justu name. Looks like it’s time to bring out the big guns.

“Water style: Hydro pillar!”

In an instant, Kai was rocketed up by a jet stream of water that shot up. It quickly froze over to form a twenty foot tower as thick as a tree, but frozen over as a stronger material. The tower that he stood on then made an odd noise before parts of it began to fling off, shrapnel of ice peptide dowin like a hailstorm on Hashima’s position, the shadow clones cleverly navigating around the hits as Kia unleashed the powerful move

Last edited:
"I don't trust him either.I say we let him have his fish.For all we know he could attack us while we eat it,or it could be poisoned.We should find some other genin to take the first bite,then we'll see what happens."She said,she wasn't about to fail because of some cheap trick with food.But that fish did look tasty.Maybe she'd take the whole thing if it was good."What do you say?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I don't think I should waste time or energy on other people right now, so thanks, but no thanks," Taiyo told Kiro grumpily, when he was walking away, his mood showed in his step. It wasn't peppy and full of life like Taiyo would be on other days, instead it was dragged out and demotivated.
"C'mon Kilka, we gotta get going,"

Lako Hatsumi darted from cover to cover his mind a whir with thought of traps and Numerous ways to get an Earth scroll.
" One person with genjutsu and I'm gonna get trashed " he muttered. He scratched his head in confusion. He looked at the scroll for a second and thought of opening it but shrugged the idea off. He took a step forward attempting to avoid standing on dry foliage.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Earth scroll..."

Yasu reached for the couple of objects on his belt, he had disguised them as simple tools as not to have them be targeted.

"Yeah, I've got two Earth scrolls myself. At least we won't be fighting over each others scrolls."

The boy was slightly disappointed that she didn't have the two heaven scrolls, but that would have been a perfect scenario. So he really shouldn't have expected it.

"Well it was nice catching up and just talking, but we still need two heaven scrolls. So I would recommend that we move as soon as possible."

Kiro did his best to keep up the impression. The two bumbling fools didn’t even notice the genjutsu he was setting up. All it took was for both of them to look at him for it to work, and they did. “W-well here, if you’re going to let me go, th-then you can have this fish. I saved it as an extra and you both look hungry anyways.” Kiro said, holding the fish over to Kilka. With the genjutsu Kiro placed, the fished started to look and smell better than it actually was. It looked almost irresistible to someone who was starving. Taiyo on the other hand, seemed to be getting more and more tired by the second. The genjutsu’s effects should be kicking in any second and Kiro wouldn’t be surprised if Taiyo just fell unconscious.

"Listen to me Ryo, that girl is Sagiso and she's not our en..." Azumi started to say, as she attempted to try and explain to Ryo that Sagiso was not their enemy even if Sagiso's attack was a hurdle to get over as far as convincing him of that. However, she was denied a chance when the branches around her had seemingly come to life and advanced towards herself and Ryo. Though the shock had lasted not even a moment before she realized this was too bizarre to be believed.

I doubt someone with the capacity for Wood Release would be a competitor here, this must be a trick. A Genjutsu!

Azumi had been quick to form the release sign as she snapped herself from Sakura's rather obvious Genjutsu. But it seemed to serve its main purpose as between that and Ryo & Sagiso's confrontation she had neglected to notice Kenji's kunai and the electricity that traveled through them towards her branch...

"Gah!" Azumi cried out as she felt the electric shock traveled through her body. Every single inch of her body was assaulted by the electric current, but Azumi bit her lip as she gritted her teeth and reached for her umbrella's handle.

"JUMP!" Azumi yelled as she pulled out her umbrella and used its surprising weight to smash the branch that she and Ryo stood on which cut off the electric attack before she hoped up to another branch as she encouraged Ryo to do the same. However, as she took a moment to catch her breath she found she had no time to rest as a pair of smoke bombs appeared that soon masked Azumi's vision. An ambush, as she held up her umbrella and tried to scan the smoke.

On the tree ahead of Azumi's, Sakura had made preparations for her next move. Both with the smoke bombs for cover, as well as a series of hand signs as she whispered another of her techniques.

"Mirage Phantom."

Sakura's rather feminine jutsu name seemed to not have done much, to this point, as she drew a pair of kunai and charged into the smoke while she circled Azumi to try and attack her from behind. But Azumi's senses proved sharp, even after the shocking suprise as she quickly turned and slammed her umbrella in Sakura's side.

...only for that Sakura to vanish. As it had been merely an illusion generated by Sakura's Genjutsu. Azumi had little time to ponder this before she sensed Sakura as the pink-haired kunoichi aimed for a twin kunai strike form above Azumi as she used the distracting illusion and the smoke as cover.

-----------
Y-you! Y-y-you!! How Dare you Ignore me!!

Kenji had to admit, while he had been told all his life to be prepared for anything and that meant anything in the ninja world, he simply had not been prepared for that reaction. As Kenji sent his electric stream to the branch Azumi and Ryo had stood on, Kenji had disregarded Sagiso for the moment which Kenji had thought little of but it appeared his opportunity to try and take advantage of the chaos had backfired as Sagiso had her sights set on him.

Kenji glanced over as he heard the sounds of crackling wind; as if the very wind carried Sagiso's fury and anger she felt over Kenji's act of "disrespect" as he glanced over and the sight of the raging cyclone aimed towards him made his eyes widened.

Oh shit!

Kenji stopped his electric flow as he pulled on the metalic wires and by extension pulled his kunai back towards him before he jumped back as he tried to gain distance on the cyclone. This proved to be partly successful, as he avoided the brunt of the attack but several cuts had began to scare his body. With slashes across his left shoulder, right thigh and his right cheek. Kenji hoped to the side and landed on another tree as the raging cyclone passed by as he tried to process the situation as he eyed Sagiso and took note of the look of pure rage that masked her face.

Okay, made her mad. Well, if she wanted my attention she has it now.

"You know, if you wanted my attention you could have just asked." Kenji replied, and perhaps in Sagiso's emotional state a verbal jab may not have been the wisest idea, but Kenji seemed prepared to accept that risk as he quickly performed a series of hand signs in rapid succession.

"Lightning Style, Thunder Chain Jutsu!"

Kenji channeled more electricity through his body as he began to swing the metalic wire that had his kunai attacked on the end; performing what appeared to be a pair of figure eights as he spun them around. Much like before, Kenji had began to channel his electricity through the metalic wire up to the kunai which naturally caused those items to crackle with electricity as they seemed to snap at Sagiso as if the electric weapons themselves challenged her. Kenji, in spite of the pain he had felt from the cyclone, masked it with a confidence smirk.

"Well, since you seem to want it so bad, let's dance." Kenji said before he lept forward and swung his make-shift electric kunai "chains" at Sagiso from overhead as he aimed to slash at her shoulders with the intent to slash and shock at the kunoichi.

-----------
Tomiko also had that same sense of disappointment that Yasu lacked more than one Heaven Scroll, which would have been ideal. But Tomiko understood that was rather unrealistic and now there had been no incentive for them to fight each other which meant they could work as a team and that had been a relief.

"Right, don't have all the time in the world. Let's go get those scrolls and get to that tower!" Tomiko said with a cheeky grin as she clearly was excited and eager to move forward. Tomiko naturally had been optimistic that if they worked together they could make it through this forest much easier.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
As he was walking away, his strength was fading, but he was already so tired that he didn't even notice, but the genjutsu was taking effect.
""The heck? Why do I feel even more sluggish than I did a few seconds ago," Taiyo's brain finally perceived that Genjustu was put on and he had to use his last strength to warm Kilka.
"Run, it's a trap!" Taiyo said before collapsing on the ground, getting the good night sleep he so desired.

Sagiso snorted, "If I want your head should I also just ask for it?" she mocked. Despite her derisive tone and demeanor, she wasn't so foolish as to let her emotions cloud her judgment. Making use of her clearly superior speed and flexibility as a wind-natured ninja in combination with her skill in shurikenjustu- was something the Kunoichi did not do. Instead, she'd opted to meet her assailant head-on... maybe her judgment had been slightly clouded after all.

She stared at Kenji as his chains descended, a mocking smile hung on her lips, "An aerial attack? Idiot! Let me see if you can still dodge!" Her fingers danced with each other, quickly waltzing through a string of hand-signs. "Wind Release: Air Bullets" Slapping her stomach she spat out three air bullets from her mouth. The first headed straight towards the tip of the snaking electrical chains, 'if you want to deal with a snake then crush its head!' Whips, chains and wires were rather difficult ninja tools to use despite their versatility, being a user of chakra wired kunais Sagiso was well aware of the level of control needed to direct the meandering coils of an attack towards the desired target. The wind bullet she'd launched would collide with the kunai and knock it off trajectory, which would- in theory- assure that the entire attack was redirected. However, just in case the first wind bullet failed to do its job, the second wind bullet was aimed at the chains themselves- which was also a pretty efficient way of hindering Kenji's attack. The third and final wind bullet was of course aimed at the shinobi himself.

She didn't believe her opponent would be taken down by something so simple, but it was a fact that he couldn't stay in the air forever. He'd have to land after his attack, and when he did, she would be waiting. During her time as a genin she'd heard much about the Hyuga clan's gentle first technique- and although it was something she could never learn- she'd at least been given an idea as to how to utilize her Byagukan. Where the Hyuga clan used their fists, Sagiso would use her legs. The Flickering Wind Shadow technique was precisely a ninjutsu that was oriented around her legs, a blinding burst of speed followed by a devastating kick. It was one of her trump-cards, and like all trump-cards, it couldn't be abused. The explosive nature of the jutsu came with its drawbacks, successive use of the technique would damage her legs, and overuse would likely leave her crippled. Nevertheless, it was very useful for rapidly closing distances and then delivering fatal blows. If she could defeat or even kill the opponent with such a jutsu, then it'd be worth the recoil.

“No need to go searching for scrolls needlessly.” A voice said.

Nearby the trio of genin was a familiar face set of glasses and grey hair. None other than Kabuto. He cleaned his glasss and put them on his face with his index finger before continuing.

“I have the key for you guys to pass.” Kabuto said, taking out a few ninja info cards. “Hmm...by my calculations, you only need one heaven scroll and one earth, correct?”

Putting the ninja info cards away, he then brought out a familiar color set of scrolls, one earth, and one heaven scroll respectively.

“Like these? I’m willing to part with them and give them to your team, they are extra after all.”

Zaku seemed skeptical of Kabuto, arching his eyebrow and crossing his arms. “Oh yeah? I doubt that this is from the kindness of you heart.”

“You would be right. I will give these scrolls over if you offer me protection on my way to the tower, as I would be vulnerable alone with the amount of teams. That and one little thing too....”

“A blood sample from each of you would do nicely.”