• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Lako nodded and briskly walked away. He paused outside room 23. What does he think of me? Am I a friend, a rival or just a nuisance? Lako thought to himself as he placed his hand on the door. Lako took a deep breath then pushed open the door and walked in.
"Hiya Taiyo...... hard luck about the match." He said. His eyes drifted down to his arms. Oh good lord his arms! He glanced at his own arms as if checking they were there.
" Oh god I didn't realise the damage was that......." he trailed off sitting down on the floor.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Yeah, who knows if I'll be able to recover, the doc said I might even need to get my arms amputated and replaced," Taiyo explained to Lako and Tsuki, then he realized, he had never introduced the two to each other.
"By the way Lako, thanks for seeing me, and also the girl sitting on the bed is Tsuki, she donated some of her Blood and it allowed me not to pass out," Tsuki waved to Taiyo's friend shyly, feeling like she was intruding on something.

"Oh hi I'm Lako" He said extending a hand to shake. But then it dawned on Lako what Taiyo just said.
"Will you ever be able to be a shinobi?" He asked, a sense of urgency crept into his voice. He brushed his free hand through his hair as he always did when worried

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Greetings, My name is Tsuki Yuki, but you can call me Jenna if you wish," The mist-nin shyly shook Lako's hand. Taiyo looked down on his arms, will he become a shining after such a disfugurement?
"In all honesty, I have no idea, I hope I can, but for now, the best we can do is hope for the best and pray for the worst," Taiyo told his two new friends, feeling happy that he had two people who still didn't abandon him.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The boy finished eating the Rice ball he had been so graciously given but the Oto-Nin. Zaku couldn’t help but give a chuckle as he did so. While he cared very little for most people, he had a soft spot for Orphans. The orphan gave a sigh of relief.

“That was way better than cheap snack food...” the boy said.

“You really need to expand your palette then.” Zaku said with a smirk, holding up a finger. “When I was on the streets, I found bakers have a lot of extras when they are done, saved me many of times looks through their trash.”

The boy cocked his head, putting the pieces together. “You...you were like me?”

Zaku’s smirk faded quickly. He tended not to look back on his old life after he came into the Sound village, but this boy seemed to stir many of bad memories for him, memories long since blocked out by the Promises and power of the Sound. Suppose it was only a matter of time, as Sound can only drown it out for so long.

“...Yeah. You could say that.” Zaku said to the boy.

“But, your a ninja now, aren’t you? How? If you were like me...then how?”

Zaku kneeled down to his level. He opened his hands, showing the implants inside them. He locked eyes with the Orphan.

“Most nations don’t care about people like us. They would rather throw us away. But the sound, the sound is different. They CARE. They took me in, and gave me power.”

Kiro glared down at Hasima, his eyes illuminated with the fire. ‘This girl does not know when to quit.’ Kiro watched as the mud strings came at him, annoyed at Hashima’s constant knack for continuing to get back up. It reminded him of Tomiko. ‘I’ll crush her just like I did that other girl.’ Kiro’s sharingan tracked the movement of each string as he pulled out a kunai in each hand, enhancing them with lightning nature.

Kiro jumped over the first string that came near him. He twisted himself midair to avoid a few other strings that came in his direction. As soon as they crossed over him, Kiro increased his spin cycle to create a cyclone of sorts with his body and kunai, slicing some of the strings. Kiro landed on one string and immediately started running across it, slicing one that came from his left and sliding under one that came from his right, before grabbing under it and swinging himself up upwards. The strings that converged in that specific area collided with each other and became tangled up.

With the few seconds Kiro had as some more strings began to converge on him midair, Kiro took notice of Hashima and her clone. It seemed that they were able to control the strings but also had to keep their attention only focused on him. However, it also seemed that Hashima needed her clone’s help to control all the strings. Kiro would rid her of that help. Kiro showed off a little smirk as he looked directly at Hashima.

Using a tiny opening through the strings and the lightning chakra to increase its speed, Kiro flung one of the kunai straight through the strings, aiming for the clone instead. Placing his other kunai in his mouth, Kiro pulled out multiple explosive tagged kunai and flung them in different directions, allowing them to go off and blow up some of the strings. However, they weren’t enough and when Kiro pulled the kunai out of his mouth to destroy another string, it was knocked out of his hands, leaving him vulnerable. “Shit!” Kiro cursed aloud, flicking handsigns as fast as he could. However, as soon as Kiro stopped his handsigns, one of the strings grabbed his arm, causing Kiro to wince in pain. Then another grabbed his leg, restricting Kiro’s movement. As more and more strings started to latch onto him, Kiro felt his body parts start to tense up, his bones being compressed. Kiro coughed out blood as everything but his face was covered by the strings. “I-I’m not done yet.” Kiro managed to say before coughing out more blood, glaring daggers at Hashima as he struggled against the mud that was crushing his bones.

Indeed as Sakura watched the battle along with Kenji and Ino she could not help but be impressed with Hashima to this point. Besides, the pink-haired kunoichi figured that if she could not win than it would soften the blow of defeat if the one she ended up losing to won the whole thing. So internally she'd cheer Hashima, though simply observed the action with her friends.

-----------
Azumi had also watched the battle with interest. In contrast to the others, Azumi had been reminded of Taiyo and had the same degree of semi-respect for Hashima for continuing this battle. And until the last move, also had the thought that while admirable it was foolish of her to drag this out. Though these mud wires seemed to have Kiro in trouble which caused Azumi to raise an eyebrow.

Well, this is interesting. I wonder if he has a way out of this. He can dish out punishment but it remains to be seen if he can handle it. Now that the tables have turned I'll get the chance to see for myself...

Either way, Azumi had seen a fair display of Hashima's mud abilities and, barring Kiro simply being unable to save himself, would get a further glimpse of Kiro's lightning style among other abilities if he had any hidden. So this would only serve to benefit her the longer the match progressed.

-----------
After Tomiko had had a period to let out overjoyed emotions flowed, she felt a little of her resolve return that had been lost. Just cause she lost to Kiro did not mean it was over for her; no she had to keep going. She had to push past this and continue to grow, she had to overcome this misery and self-pity and strive to surpass people like Kiro rather than let them crush her spirit. With that, and after Madoka wiping the remaining tears from Tomiko's face, she turned to her friend and...for the first time in weeks, gave a genuine smile.

"Let's go back. If we hurry, we can watch the remaining first-round matches with Yasu on TV." Tomiko said as she clearly wanted to be with Yasu during the exams since in spite of what he claimed she felt he needed them. Something Madoka agreed on as she put the refined metalic gaunlets with rubber sleeves along with Tomiko's letters in the box before she and Tomiko left Tomiko's apartment and began to make their way back towards the medical area of the arena to go see Yasu once more. Tomiko's fire having been reignited once more.

It would take more then even an Uchiha to keep the future Tsuchikage down!

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu let out a relieved sigh as Zaku and the girl he had been talking to left the medical room. Zaku wasn't particularly scary to him, but that girl had an unnerving aura about her. He didn't like it.

I wish Tomiko were here, damn myself for making them leave like that.

Yasu took a glance around the room, realizing that he hadn't really looked around before. It was a peaceful room, mostly white and with lots of medical equipment. It made him feel a little safer now, knowing that the medical-nin were capable and had good equipment. He also noticed a small screen in the corner of the room, he was close enough to it that it might actually be worth seeing what was on it. It took him a minute of fumbling around, but he did find a remote at the side of the bed he was in. He pressed a button and with a click the screen flashed before turning in a live video feed of the exams still in progress.

Not like I have anything better to do, guess it might be worth watching anyway.

Kai watched on, a beat of sweat coming down his temple. It’s an elaborate ploy, surley Kiro will not lose here. The village is counting on him to put the Xeno’s in their place. Kai stood up, throwing his hands to his masked mouth.

“Kiro, defeat the Xeno! Muster the strength to continue!”

“The sound villlage?” The boy cocked his head. “Do you think...there would be room for another guy like me?”

Zaku looked left and right, making sure he wasn’t being watched. He then turned back to the boy, winking at him.

“Better to ask forgiveness than permission!” Zaku smirked. “When we are done with our business here, you can tag along with me on the way back.”

The boy seemed overjoyed, giving a small laugh before tears of joy came out, looking to be excited to leave his street life behind. He hugged Zaku’s knees, trying to wrap his arms around, but Zaku proved to big. Zaku was surprise by this, his eyes widening. Zaku hadn’t been hugged in his life, not even by Lord Orochimaru. Shakily, without knowing how to respond, Zaku slowly moved a hand over and patted the boy’s head.

“Ahem, well enough of the water works.” Zaku spoke, breaking the hug, brushing himself off. “I’m in the semifinals of the tournament, so I’m about to be on their fighting, can I count on you to watch?”

The boy nodded quickly, which forced a chuckle out of Zaku.

“Heh, figured as much. Come now, lets get to the arena area.”

Katsuo smiled as the two shuriken closed in.
"Echoing me AND using shuriken as a killing tactic? Well I'm just flattered that your style is somewhat akin to my own." He spoke quickly as he cast a few more hand signs, throwing his arms out on either side of himself just before being enveloped in the large explosion that occurred around him.
After several moment's, the dust cleared, revealing Katsuo, appearing almost completely unharmed, other than small singe marks now residing in the center of either of his palms.
"But I'm appalled that you actually thought you could win with a style ive studied my whole life. Let's not play anymore Sagiso, come on!" He roared, charging towards the girl with a burning passion in his eyes.

Last edited:
"Pshhh, your kill tactic? Nadeshiko style shurikenjutsu has existed before your mother was even in the womb!"

Although she'd only used her kill jutsu for Wind-styled ninjutsu, the Deadly Flower Dance, she also had a kill justu that utilized Shurikenjutsu."I'd intended to use the jutsu on Kai but he turtled up in his shell before I'd got the chance." She raised the intensity of her voice just high enough that a certain someone in the audience would've been able to hear those words clearly.

This jutsu was also one that would burn through all her remaining chakra, but she'd always been the gambling type. Sagiso's whipped a chain of kunai from her ninja pouch, lining her body with the sharpened ninja tools. This set of moves were actually a self-created style which infused the gentle-fist arts, wind-style, and shurikenjutsu. It had a number of steps to it, but she'd only even been able to perfect the first one.

The clone charged towards her original, using her as a springboard as it lept into the air. The moment they'd come in contact with each other Sagiso had transfered the bulk of her chakra to the clone. With the chain of ninja tools laced around her body the clone begun burst with Wind-natured chakra. She spun in the air, chakra radiating off her much like during a 'rotation', except this time a whirlwind of blades and gales shrouded her body.

"Secret Art: Descent of the Wuthering Dragon!"

The clone fell towards Katsuo, a literal maelstrom of tempestuous wrath. While all that was taking place, Sagiso had already started walking off the field. Regardless of the outcome of that attack, this battle no longer had anything to do with her. She massaged her shoulders, with a rather pleased expression on her face. If her opponent managed to live then she didn't mind letting him go onto the next round. She had no interest in getting into another bout of melee combat with him, and she certainly didn't feel like getting blinding again. Well, if he was to be a candidate for her hand in marriage, he should at least be able to survive this much.

“Your damn right.” Kai said, crossing his arms looking down at the Xeno known as Sagiso. “You don’t look well, why don’t you have some medicine!”

Kai hinted at the idea of their previous fight, where Kai nearly killed Sagiso as a realist of her winning. Kai wasn’t ashamed of the battle, and was glad he try something lethal on a Xeno.

Zaku and his new orphan friend made it to the stands, taking a seat to watch the remaining two fights. Zaku whistled as the fireworks began, especially on Sagiso vs katsuo’s fight, projectiles clashing down on the genins.

“Heh, projectiles? It’s like the only trick ninjas know nowadays...”

Sagiso smiled, staring up at the offending kiri-nin, she shook her head slightly and with a exaggerated sigh she spoke, "Your medicine was a bit like you... too weak. Get something stronger. Maybe it'll work this time.~"

A slight sneer hung on her lips, and her hand rose to neck brushing a few strands of hair to the side in a contemptuous manner. Her smile brightened as she hooked her finger towards the xenophobe and made a 'come' gesture while mouthing silently, 'If you've got the guts for it.' She quite frankly enjoyed provoking the kiri-nin, confident that even if he flipped and lost his cool, she'd be able to come out of the situation mostly unharmed. Whilst most of her attention was invested in poking fun at her former opponent, she was watching Katuso out of the corner of her eye. She had enough chakra to keep the byakugan active, and the stadium wasn't that wide anyway. She was easily able to observe almost everything with little effort.

Kai was quick to draw senbon that was previous concealed. Halfway through his drawing of them, he began putting them back, a new red liquid began to drip off of them. What am I doing? The Mizukage would have my head if I made another scene...that time with Katsuo was actually an attack...if I initiated something, I would be to blame.

“Your lucky that your fighting someone I’d like to kill as much as you.” Kai announced. “Watching my two least favorite Xenos fight each other to the death is much more appealing than interfering!”

Zaku looked over to the two, offering a chuckle before cupping his hands around his mouth.

“Get back to killing each other!”

"Hurry Madoka!"

"I'm coming, and take it easy! You are still bandaged up and in casts remember?"

"Ah that's nothing. We need to catch the rest of the first-round matches with Yasu!"

Well, to say Tomiko gaining back her spirit and confidences from the letters back home had had its positive & negative benefits would have undersold it. On one hand, Tomiko no longer had that feeling of utter defeat that radiated off her and had began to smile and spring to life once more. However, because of that, her energetic side had began to resurface which meant Madoka had to be on her toes as Tomiko raced through the crowd towards the arena. Still the two had thankfully managed to avoid running into anyone, even if Madoka had caught a glimpse of Zaku heading back to said arena with...some kid?

Madoka must have imagined things as she and Tomiko soon entered the medical room as Tomiko literally kicked the door in as she lacked the patience to try and fuddle around with the doorknob due to her arms being in casts. Soon the pair walked over to Yasu as for the first time Tomiko gave Yasu a smile.

"Hey, I know you told us to leave you alone. Buuuttt we really have nothing better to do. Mind if we watch the exams with you?" Tomiko asked as she refrenced the television that had the live broadcast of the exam matches. Madoka's eyes already had been glued to the screen as she pulled out a pair of chairs for herself and Tomiko before Yasu had even given the pair an answer.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu had still been watching the exams on the screen in his room when a deafening crash was heard from the other side of the room. His first two thoughts were A.) He was being attacked. or B.) Some idiot busted down the door, and it was safe to say his second guess wasn't too far off.

"What is with you and scaring the living hell out of me?" Yasu managed, still catching his breath from the startle he was given.

He sat up a bit, readjusting himself in the bed before returning Tomiko's smile. Here he was, cursing himself for telling the girls off not five minutes ago when they had decided to barge into the medical room.

"Of course you're welcome to watch with me... to be honest I was hoping you would come back. I beat myself up about telling you guys to leave once you were gone, you're really making me realize how much I missed that smile."

Katsuo raised a brow as Sagiso quickly created and launched a clone his direction, now a tornado of kunai was aimed for the top of his head and was closing in fast.
Thinking quickly, Katsuo cast a few hand signs, his already limited chakra supply slowly decreasing. A clone appeared at the young mans side, already casting a set of its own hand signs.
Suddenly, Katsuo was transformed into a windmill shuriken which was then promptly grabbed and thrown by his copy out of the radius of Sagisos jutsu, the clone being eviscerated right after.
"Hope you don't mind if I borrow your trick, Sagiso." Katsuo laughed internally, but his celebration was cut short by the sight of his opponent who had already exited the ring.
"Hey! I didn't ask to win this way! I didn't ask you to hand this to me!!!" Katsuo roared the edge of the stage, his excitement replaced with anger and the need to resolve this battle.

"...you're really making me realize how much I missed that smile."

Tomiko had been happy to hear that Yasu would allow them to stay, as she took her seat on one of the chairs that Madoka had gotten as her gaze shifted to the screen while the remaining battles took place. Though in the back of her mind, she thought over those words that Yasu had used. What did he mean by that? To most people, including Madoka though she had refrained from making a comment, it was easy enough to tell what Yasu had meant by that. Tomiko had been well versed in a street fights or ninja training...though it seemed love was something that she had a harder time to grasp.

Missed my smile? Maybe he meant that after my poor mood since that fight with Kiro he is happy to see me smile again. I mean what else could it mean? I guess my dad often said he enjoyed seeing my mother smile but...nah that's just crazy talk.

Tomiko focused on the matches on screen while Madoka glanced back to Yasu and offered a thankful nod.

"We appreciate that. Just as I am sure someone appreciates those kind words." Madoka said with...a sly smirk on her face before she turned back to watch the television. Madoka may not have been one to care much for the romance seen, but she had not been one to pass up such a chance for some friendly teasing.

"Hey! I didn't ask to win this way! I didn't ask you to hand this to me!!!"

Those would've been the lest words Katsuo ever spoke as an unseen force severed his head cleanly from his body. From outside the ring Sagisō watched on in absolute silence as the lifeless body of her opponent sunk to its knees, followed by a fountain of red. The air behind the deceased ninja shimmered, revealing the figure of the cloned Sagisō, as well as her leg which had just finished its flight path. The traces of blood sprinkled on the clone's leg, and its aerial position was enough for even the dumbest of bystanders to have connected the dots and realized the cause of Katsuo's death.

-Or, at least the above would've happened had the justū actually finished. Just as Sagisō had predicted, after performing Descent of the Wuthering Dragon, the follow-up step, Severance of the Void Dragon, failed spectacularly. The clone's wind-distorted disguise fizzled out as its form was revealed mere inches away from Katsuo, and the blade of wind-chakra cloaking its legs dimmed in the blink of an eye while the clone promptly poofed out of existence. It'd run out of chakra. While the Descent of the Wuthering Dragon was indeed a kill move, there really would've been no need for Sagisō to utilize a clone as the body of the technique. The real reason the clone had been used was for the follow-up technique, Severance of the Void Dragon, or, the Void Dragon swings its tail. The dragon's swinging tail being in reference to the whip-like kick the clone would've performed to tear her opponent asunder.

Cloaked in the fanfare of the Wuthering Dragon's Descent, the clone would obscure its appearance with a wind-distorting technique, and whip it's chakra cloaked leg through one of the opponent's vital points. Preferably, the opponent would've been too distracted with either the aftermath of the previous technique or Sagisō's main body, and hence fall prey to the semi-assassination. Unfortunately, Sagisō hadn't perfected the technique, which always led to the clone fizzling out prematurely. The same had happened this time, saving the audience from a rather gruesome scene.

Sagisō stuck her tongue out at her opponent playfully, acting as if she hadn't just intended to decapitate him. "I didn't hand you anything, I've simply run out of chakra... Maybe next time you won't be so lucky~" She swiveled on her heels, waving her surrender towards the referee. She exited the arena through the 'loading dock' and moved to join the audience. Half-way through her journey the paused, calling back towards her opponent, "Oi! Try not to throw away all my face by losing in any of your next matches, else... I really will kill you the next time." She turned her head to face her former opponent, her magenta pupils casting a piercing glare towards him. A promise to leave him a graveless corpse should he disgrace himself, and more importantly her, by losing in the next match. to some scrub like Zaku.

As quickly as it'd come her killing intent vanished, as a sweet smile blossomed on her lips, "Good Luck~" She gave a short jovial wave to the match's victor as the disappeared within the corriders of the stadium.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu had always been somewhat of a "Romantic". He always enjoyed stories of love and it made him happy to see couples out together in Sunagakure. However, once he realized Tomiko hadn't really grasped the meaning of what he said it made the whole situation kind of awkward. His face grew red, which made him glad Tomiko was paying more attention to the screen than him. The redness in his face only became deeper when Madoka gave him that stupid smile.

Ah damnit, that really didn't go the way I envisioned it... And that Madoka! I'll get her back for that comment.

He turned back to the screen, Tomiko was still staring at it intently. Watching her so focused on the fights made him a bit happier, he forgot about his injuries for a second.

Madoka's sly smirk only grew as she glanced back and saw Yasu's face turn a shade of red. Madoka had not done it often, but in these rare moments she had a certain pride in messing with people. She turned back to the screen content with Yasu's reaction as she took note of the matches on. One of which came to an end at Sagiso's surrender.

Tomiko in turn had been busy with her own thoughts that she failed to notice Yasu's blush. Though her thoughts about what Yasu said and the implication of what Yasu said had been cut off when she saw the kunoichi named Sagiso surrender to her opponent. Something that caused Tomiko to frown as she was quite easily displeased based on her reaction.

What!? She just gave up, just like that? Does that girl have no sense of pride!?

----------
Azumi let out a sigh as, even with her focus on Hashima and Kiro's match, she had glanced over at Sagiso's match and saw her ally had conceded. Naturally Azumi had been disappointed with the outcome, though in the end she knew Sagiso had not been one to make such a decision without good reason. The only bit of solace to all this was that she felt Sagiso had proven herself easily enough to deserve the rank of Chunin. But given they were in this village with those ninja being judges whether she gets it or not remained in the air.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Giving up, huh? Probably a good idea in that situation. She looked like she was running low on Chakra and energy there."

Giving up when she knows she's gonna lose, smart move. Unlike us.

Tomiko had been visibly upset, clearly not liking the idea of conceding. Yasu didn't like the idea of giving up either, but to be a good shinobi he needed to learn when it appropriate to fight and when to run.

"Tomiko... can you promise me not do what you did again? You could have died you know... Promise me you'll give up next time? I don't want you seriously hurt again."

“Laaaame.” Zaku called out as the Sagiso fight came to a close, the platform descending. “She probabaly forfeited because she knew she couldn’t beat me in an air battle, hm!”

“Who’s on that last platform? In that swamp like place?” The boy pipped up.

“Them? That’s just mud bitch and an Uchiha. You can tell who I thinks gonna win.”

Zaku was sure Kiro would win, especially after receiving the curse mark earlier that month, which would no doubt would give an even bigger advantage to him. Especially since his foe had a similar fighting style to Tomiko.

“Shame. Would like to see one of them die.” Kai sighed, crossing his arms. “Xenos...can’t even get killing right.”

Kai watched as she walked off, and the last platform remained. His only xeno friend Hashima and the only mist nin left Kiro. Of course he’d still rout for Kiro, but he surley wouldn’t be insulting her. Even if she were a detestable Xeno, she wasn’t THAT detestable

Madoka had to agree with Yasu's sentiment. Even if he himself failed to listen to his own advice, none the less forcing yourself to keep going in a losing cause ventured from admirable to foolish. All ninja needed to know when to call it a day and turn back from a hopeless situation.

Though Tomiko had her own reservations. It had been more than a pride thing for her, though as she frowned in response she knew she could not spill her reason for pushing herself so far to them. And decided just to give an answer that would appease Yasu's request. No reason to have her friend worry over her needlessly.

"Yeah, don't worry. I promise that I won't do something like that again." Tomiko said with Yasu, with a tone that seemed genuine. Though if that situation came up, whether Tomiko would keep her word on that or fall back to her stubborn habit remained to be seen. The idea of quitting sickened her for a number of reasons.

But seeing Yasu worry, seeing Yasu so concerned had been equally as sickening. And perhaps Tomiko's ideal of never giving up needed to be examined after her experience with Kiro. Though the Iwa-nin had been undecided on what she was supposed to do about that to this point.

Sagisō's voice came drifting back in response's to Zaku's off-hand comment, "If you and Xeno-hunter over there wanna come at me together you're welcome to, at least you'll be able to find a pair between the two of you...but then again, it might just be wishful thinking. You can bring the lot of your friends if it really takes that many of you..."

Whether they understood or not exactly what she was talking it about was none of her concern, if they understood then they could revel in her insult together, and if they didn't...well that only proved her point. Now that she'd completed her run in these exams and had displayed just enough to garner herself some attention, she turned her own attention to watching the remaining battles. It was a good opportunity to gather information on her opponents. The fact of the matter was that they still belonged to enemy villages, and while she might not have been eager enough to throw out all her hidden cards before her enemies, the enemies in question might not have been so prudent. Should she meet them during a mission, it would be good to know she already had an understanding of their abilities beforehand.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu kept the frown on his face, he would need more than that answer to please him. Tomiko appeared genuine when she responded, but knowing her that could have just been a front to please him.

"I'll be holding you to that ya' know? If you try to go against it then I won't forgive you, ever."

It might have been selfish for him too, he didn't intend on making the same promise. If he needed to then he wouldn't retreat so that he could live, but he still expected her to keep the promise. Yasu just didn't want to see her hurt like that again. It really was pretty painful watching her getting up over and over again. If he never had to see that again it would be too soon.

"So look me in the eyes and promise me again, that you'll never put yourself in harm's way like that again."

“Heh, you talk big game for someone who just quit their own match.” Zaku snickered at Sagiso. “It would take half of me to take you on, your skills are nothin’ special, a relic. You’d be blown to bits lady.”

Zaku’s advantage would be clear if they ever battled one another. Her use of air style, projectiles, AND melee all would be fruitless against his implants. She was threatening from a position of weakness, and Zaku knew this all too well.

Meanwhile Kai simply looked at her, not saying a word back. This one nearly died because of me and thinks she can take on two or more? It takes a fool or a Xeno to make that kind of assumption. Kai moved in to whispered in Kanshi’s ear

“If that Xeno attacks, I’m considering it an attack on the Kage and execution worthy.”

It was simple really. The technique itself wasn’t riddled with flaws. However, it’s one flaw definitely showed when it’s user faced a wielder of the sharingan. While the technique’s goal was to capture the opponent, the user’s focus also required to keep the victim in sight at all times. All Kiro had to do was simply look down at Hashima to discretely lock eyes. A millisecond was all it took. When Kiro had jumped away from the strings and was mid-air for a few seconds, Hashima had to look up to see where he was in order to direct her strings. And that’s when he placed a simple genjutsu. It was nothing much really. Everything else kept its course until the point the strings latched onto Kiro.

For the genjutsu, there were two things that Kiro did. For Hashima, it looked as if Kiro didn’t get to complete his handsigns. In reality, he did. However, in order for the genjutsu too fully work, Kiro had to trick Hashima into believing she had captured him. The thing was, Hashima wasn’t fooled easily. Her senses seemed to be at a higher level than most others, but that’s also what Kiro planned to use. Unfortunately, this did require some sacrifice. Even though he successfully completed the handsigns for the substitution, the strings still managed to grab onto his arm and leg before he was actually substituted. However, the natural illusion of the substitution still stayed.

The thing was, Kiro knew Hashima would quickly realize that he had substituted due her own talented senses. That’s where Kiro enacted the second part of the genjutsu. Through the genjutsu, Kiro tricked Hashima’s senses into believing that his actual body was still there. The fact that she completely covered his entire body with the strings also helped. Even when she opened the strings, due the genjutsu, she would find Kiro’s supposed broken body instead of crushed wood.

Unfortunately, being substituted with a piece of burning wood did not help Kiro’s case as he nearly found himself being burnt by his own flames. While Hashima was focusing on covering his supposed body with strings, Kiro managed to make it out with minor burns. They stung but Kiro didn’t have time to worry about that now. Kiro looked forward to see that Hashima had nearly covered his entire body now, seemingly believing that she had him. No, it was the other way around.

The genjutsu plus the substitution did take a toll on Kiro’s chakra and he was now starting to run low. He had to end this now. Pouring chakra and providing a lightning nature transformation into the kunai in each of Kiro’s hands, he made his move.

In a swift movement, Kiro was right behind Hashima, with his lightning kunai to her neck, specifically her jugular. Kiro had the kunai dangerously close to her neck. So close that a simple movement would draw blood. Kiro did he best to prevent the electricity that was coating the kunai to strike her as he did not want to start the bloodbath just yet.

“So...” Kiro started to say. “You only have three choices and there’s only one where you come out alive.” Kiro said, going straight to the point. “I don’t want to kill you, but I will.” Kiro, still behind Hashima at this point, brought the second kunai up to the right side of her mid-area with his right hand. He placed the sharpest point of the kunai down, easily piercing through her clothes before the physical kunai even made contact. The piercing of lightning kunai was not something to be underestimated.

“So, your first choice is to forfeit right now.” Kiro told Hashima bluntly before he started to feel a familiar itch on his neck. “Your next choice is, to be honest, probably the second best option, especially if you like things fast. I can slit your throat right now and mercifully have your worthless life end in the next few seconds.” Kiro stated in a darker tone, a burning sensation growing from the area of his curse mark. “The third...” Kiro’s voice was deadly cold now as the curse mark started to spread through the left side of his body. “If you choose neither, I will slowly allow you to bleed out to death until you speak.” Kiro said before forcefully preparing to jam the kunai into Hashima’s right side.

Azumi watched as the battle between Hashima and Kiro, she made a note to commit to memory every move used between the two to better her chances no matter who the winner would be. Though Azumi had already been quite confident in her chances.

Regardless, her attention shifted to some bickering between Sagiso along with that Oto-nin. Naturally, given the Oto-nin's attitude prior to this, she deduced he had instigated this in some fashion. Regardless she made her way over to them, though she had kept the back of her mind on the battle between Kiro and Hashima.

"Such a sharp tongue. Such an elitist attitude is usually reserved for those among the superpower nations. Though I guess insufferable arrogance isn't tied to national boundaries." Azumi said to Zaku as she had made her presence known to the group though only seemed to focus on Zaku.

"It's a shame you seem to waste effort on those who are no longer in the exams. Though I would refrain from judgement. As it stands she is more likely to progress to the next rank then you are. Unless one-dimensional gimmicks are the taste of the observers." Azumi added on with a slight jab at Zaku's fighting style though her tone remained relaxed and her expression indifferent.

-----------
Tomiko glanced away from Yasu for a moment. In truth, Tomiko had not been sure she could keep that promise. While it was true that something like her display with Kiro needed to be avoided objectively, Tomiko was simply one who could not throw in the towel no matter the situation. Could she make a convincing bluff to Yasu while she looked into his eyes? Perhaps, perhaps not. Though Tomiko thought of a concern of her own with Yasu as she looked at him.

"I need you to promise me something as well. The way you pushed yourself for my sake is not okay. I don't want to be responsible or the reason people push themselves and maim themselves. Promise me that and I will promise you I won't let something like what happened in that match happen again..." Tomiko said, unaware that Yasu had no intention to keep the promise himself as she gave her friend a nervous gaze as she made this request.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima noticed that Kiro wasn't talking anymore and began to become suspicious. She made sure she wouldn't kill him with the jutsu. Suddenly she felt her strings no longer affecting anything, and in a few seconds Kiro appeared behind her.

"What if you kill me? I wonder how your parents would feel. Especially your mom. Knowing you killed someone who could've brought a person to this world. Just like she did to you."

Zaku arched an eyebrow, looking over to Azumi, who began to go off on him. What the...what’s This lady got on me? I even complimented her performance. Tsk, the nerve.

“With words like that, it’s no wonder you don’t have a boyfriend.” Zaku jokes as her words seemed to bounce off of him. “Your one to talk about boundaries of nations, as you pick fights with all of them, including mine, while siding with my sensei.”

Zaku smirked, facing her directly, knowing full well that she had interacted with Orochimaru. Kin let it slip a week into their training, which is why Zaku had complimented Azumi’s performance earlier. He gave her a knowing look, while the orphan beside him slowly inches back behind Zaku, knowing she was a powerful competitor in the exams.

Right before Kiro could jam the kunai into Hashima, his hand stopped moving at the mention of his mother. Kiro didn’t know why, out of all things, Hashima would bring up his mother. There was no way she should know. Maybe she was trying to make him feel some type of remorse before he killed her. The thing was, it seemed to be working as Kiro’s grip was a bit looser on the kunai that was about to stab her. His hand actually shook. “What- what did you say about my mother?” Kiro asked, his voice a bit shaky as well as he felt a familiar itch from the curse mark.

‘Why do I feel these emotions.’ Kiro mentally cursed them as he clenched his teeth. This was not the place for emotions to run wild. He had instilled that mentality so many years ago, suppressing all his feelings of hurt and pain, so why now? ‘It’s the curse mark.’ Kiro presumed. It seemed to feed off his emotions, increasing them for its own well being. Using his own emotions to raise its own power. However, as much as Kiro didn’t like that, he still allowed it...

“It doesn’t matter. My mother is dead and...” It hurt Kiro to say those words in such a fashion. However, he did not bother to show it in his voice nor his actions. Instead, Kiro forcefully jammed the kunai into Hashima’s right side, immediately drawing blood. “...and soon you’ll be dead too.” Kiro said in a somber tone, looking away from the blood slowly streaming out. It was cruel, but it had to be done. In the ninja world, remorse wasn’t forgiven.

However, Kiro’s kunai by Hashima’s neck lost its lightning for the moment. For her sake, Kiro hoped Hashima forfeited as he didn’t believe that she should give up her life just for some ranking. Even killing someone for a ranking sounded wrong in its own right. However, in the world they lived in, it really didn’t matter what was right and wrong.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"I... I can't promise that."

Yasu looked away from Tomiko, he couldn't say this while looking at her. He knew what her face was gonna look like, he knew how she was going to react. He just had to say it.

"I pushed myself for your sake because I wanted to. What they said about you, the way they treated you... I wasn't gonna let it pass that easily. I had to do something about it, and if something like that were to happen again I would push myself even harder."

He tried to swallow, but there was a lump in his throat. The room was dead silent for what felt like a century, but in reality it was only close to ten seconds.

"I hope you understand, I refuse to promise you that."

"Ahaha~ I hope that when it's your time to face Katsuo you come out untouched or better. By the way... you make it seem as if giving up were a shameful thing? He who laughs last laughs best, or in this case she. But I digress, what village did you come from again? Ah...that's right, Otogakure, the village formed by that snake. If I remember correctly...out of the three Sannin, your leader is the one who gave up on acquiring sage mode...no?"

While it might've seemed strange for the young Kunoichi to have been aware of Sage Mode, it really wasn't that surprising. The previous leader of Nadeshiko village had battled Jiraiya of the three sannin to a standstill and had left records of the fabled 'Sage Mode'. As far as they knew neither of the other two sannin had achieved this feat. The curse marks worn by the various oto-nin could be called the fruits of Orochimaru's failure, but Sagisō had no way of knowing that.

“Hm? I have no idea what you mean. What is a ‘Sannin’ is. You have to be more specific.” Zaku played dumb, looking at the two girls on either side of him. “What? Are you two girls going to confess your dying love to me or what?”

The kid came back from behind Zaku, facing Sagiso. He grunted and pointed a finger at her.

“You better stop talking to him that way or you’ll Be sorry!”

Zaku eyes him, arching an eyebrow before chuckling in amusement at his enthusiasm. He turned back to Azumi while the kid locked eyes with Sagiso.

“By the sound of silence, I’m dead sure now that you met with him. What did you sacrifice eh?”

Azumi rolled her eyes at the boyfriend comment. Really? Did this guy really think that was a priority for her? None the less she focused on the more important comment regarding the "sensei" of his that she "allied" herself with which caused her to frown for a moment

So, Orochimaru told his disciples about the meeting? Interesting, guess he wanted people within his camp to keep an eye on her. Leas that is what she presumed. None the less she thought over what he said as clearly he aimed to try and hold this over her head. Though Azumi had been quick to work around this.

"And I'm sure your sensei would very much appreciate you flapping your gums so often. It would be wrong to bring that unproven claim up before more people began to listen in. Might draw unneeded suspicions towards you." Azumi replied with a knowing tone as Sagiso already highlighted she seemed to know something about Orochimaru or at least heard his name. So Azumi played it off as if Zaku was making an accusation rather than a confirmation that she had some sort of deal or whatever with the Snake Sannin or whoever this "sensei" of Zaku's was.

She defiantly knew Orochimaru would be displeased if Zaku so openly about his private arrangements.

------------
Tomiko frowned. In truth, that was likely the answer she would have given. But still it hurt to know Yasu asked so much of her yet he himself refused to answer that kind of commitment. She understood how he felt a great deal, but she was not one to hold back how she felt as she looked Yasu in the eyes before she began to speak.

"So, you ask me to avoid situations like the Kiro battle. To not push myself and be careful. But then you just say you won't do the same? You know that is selfish. How can you sit here and lecture me about that and then do the opposite?" Tomiko complained as Madoka let out a sigh. Really she felt they were both being ridiculous and decided to speak up about it.

"Caring about you does not make Yasu selfish. By that same token, it is hypocritical." Madoka said to both Tomiko and Yasu before she let out a sigh.

"I respect your desire to protect those you care about or just refuse to give up. But look at you guys. You both need to know when to draw the line." Madoka said in reference to their bandaged bodies which caused Tomiko to look away from her.

"Sure, defeat me right here and right now and I'll confess my love for you, I'll even marry you on the spot. Village customs after all."

A playful grin flashed across Sagisō's face as she winked at Zaku, "I remember that off-handed comment about Azumi not having a boyfriend... are you making yourself available for candidacy?" Although it might've been a stretch of the imagination, to have made comments about their romantic lives while so confidently claiming he could defeat them- which just so happened to be the equivalent of a proposal to a Nadeshiko-kunoichi-, and the presence of a kid? She'd seen this scene before. A shinobi who'd adopted a child would combat a Nadeshiko-kunoichi in hopes of finding a suitable wife and mother, it was a common situation that'd arisen after the third great ninja war and she'd heard plenty of misguided stories from her fellow sisters at Nadeshiko village.

Although she had no issues wrapping her mind around the circumstances of Zaku's proposal, the fact that he seemed to hint at taking both her and Azumi had left her lightly stunned. She'd been momentarily lost in thought and had completely missed what Zaku had said to Azumi and the resulting conversation, but his passionate(?) gaze towards her only reassured her thought process.

Her gaze towards Zaku took on a hint of admiration. While she wouldn't marry him without him first displaying his strength, to so confidently and blatantly court two kunoichis at the same time definitely took a certain type of courage(?) and Sagisō could respect that. Well...respect might not have been the right word, though she certainly recognized such...boldness. It was leagues apart from the other shinobi she'd seen who looked rather unreliable at best.

Though... she'd never heard of two kunoichis marrying one shinobi... would he need to defeat both of them at the same time? Or was there some other ritual that handled such unusual circumstances? She would need to seek the council of the village elders upon her return.

“Heh, flapping my gums eh? I can talk about all I want about those I can easily quash, the both of you!” Zaku snickered, pointing a hand toward Azumi. “There won’t be any mysteries or suspicions about the cause of your death!”

The kid blinked, and immediately went red in the face, putting his pointing finger down. He nudged Zaku, who looked down at him.

“Um....boss?”

“What? I’m busy!”

“Uhhh...that girl wants to ‘Be’ with you...and that girl your fighting. This is gettin’ weeeeird....”

“Wait- what?” Zaku blinked several times, looking back at Sagiso with a tiny hint of red. “Your wanting to fight me to be my...wife? Can’t say I’m surprised, but it explains why you two are here.”

Zaku was surprised as hell.

Sagisō looked at Zaku as if he were an idiot. "Isn't that how all Kunoichi choose their husbands? Whoever can defeat them in life-or-death combat can claim their hand in marriage. Jeez, talk about living under a rock. Besides, it's not me who needs to defeat you, but you who needs to defeat me!" Sagisō shook her head and attempted to clear up Zaku's misconceptions. It was obvious to her that he wasn't the most knowledgeable of people as even the most basic of Nadeshiko-culture had to be explained to him. How had he expected to get a wife if not by defeating one in combat? Had he expected some woman to just fall into his lap?

Azumi had a blush on her face during all this, unsure of what to make of it. Though she quickly moved over to Sagiso and began to whisper in her ear about it since Sagiso seemed to believe that all kunoichi decided their husbands in that manner.

"Actually, no. Most people go on dates and stuff. Outside of your village, kunoichi don't decide husbands based on who beats them in combat." Azumi explained to Sagiso with a whisper as she prayed that Zaku had not heard her nor noticed her blush over this. To say she was unprepared for where this conversation had gone would have been an understatement.

I don't have a desire for love. Besides, he is a loudmouth cocky idiot anyway. Sagiso and I could do so much better...