• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"You're lame. What a psychopath. Don't you at least have friends and family to fight for? I know your mom died, but at least your dad? I mean, I've never heard of an Uchiha that doesn't live in the Leaf, but c'mon. Or maybe it was your mom who was the Uchiha..."

He had began to think about this as he sat down. Kiro's display of disrespect towards Hashima didn't bother him.

"You should prove yourself that you're not a psychopath for starters if you want a goal. Oh, and in case you didn't notice, when she was trying to cripple you she didn't try to kill you. She wasn't like you. If you don't have a reason to be a ninja then you should get one instead of killing innocent people. Though I do wonder how the Mizukage will feel about what you did, as well as the Kazekage... you know she was trying to improve relations with others, right?"

Sagisō laughed as Zaku brushed away her hand, and then she listened patiently as Kiro went on to lecture her and question what she'd said to him. After he'd finished, a concerned expression crossed her face and in a few steps, she was before him. She peeled off her gloves and then pressed her bare palm to his forehead... it didn't feel like he was sick.

"Are you an idiot? All that just to restate what I'd said?" Her brow was furrowed as she tried to determine whether Kiro had really understood what she'd said or whether he just wanted to argue for kicks. "well, you don't look too stupid so I don't mind explaining to you again. I'm pretty sure I'd said 'In this world, there's only one thing required to kill, and that is the intent to kill.' and 'As long as in the end, you're at peace with yourself, knowing that all the blood you've shed was of your own choice, not because you were a victim of circumstances.' as well as, 'To believe completely in your own actions and goals, your nindo, regardless of the outcome and the load that accompanies it...that is what it means to be a shinobi, that it was it means to be one who endures.'"

She paused for a moment, "Now which part of that sounded like I was condemning you? I agree with what you've said, killing should be done decisively, you don't need to explain yourself to me, and I never asked you to. What I did ask, was for you to identify if you were a shinobi, a coward, or a sociopath- not to mesh all three of them into an emotion-fueled response..."

Sagisō lifted her hand from Kiro's head muttering to herself, "this is why you're so unreliable..."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kai shrugged as he waited for the next phase of the exam to begin. He nudged Kanshi, looking toward him.

“Hey, Kiro killed that mud Xeno.” He said with a bitter sweet tone. “If it were any other Xeno, I would be celebrating Kiro’s brilliance. But of all ones to kill, he had to kill the honorable one.”

Kai still remembered Hashima’s actions during the forest of death. They had made a great combo, unbeatable even. Taking down ninja and passing together. It was hard to believe she was gone.

“Heh, don’t bite his head off Sagiso.” Zaku smirked. “He made it farther than you didn’t he? I would trust his judgement.”

Zaku more or less was trusting orochimaru’s judgement Instead. If the snake sannin could put faith in the Uchiha, then Zaku would as well. He was careful about this situation, as he didn’t know what might trigger Kiro’s curse mark and reveal it to the world

The hand on his head was soothing yet intense at the same time. As much as he would rather rip Sagisō’s hand off at the moment, he declined and instead let her speak.

Kiro raised an eyebrow when the first thing she asked was if he was an idiot. “What type of question is that?” Kiro questioned under his breath as Sagisō continued to speak.

After Sagisō was done lecturing him as well as removing her hand, Kiro spoke up. “First off, why do you keep insulting me? We may be arguing right now but atleast respect that I’ve made it this far. Something you failed to do... but not because you couldn’t do it, but it was because you didn’t want to.” Kiro quickly corrected himself, not wanting to risk Sagisō closing the chakra point for his brain. Well, Kiro wouldn’t allow that but it seemed that it would require a higher level of speed to avoid her attacks. One level which Kiro did not feel like showcasing at the moment. Instead, Kiro sighed as he shook his head. “As for condemning me, your tone and body language made it seem like that. I mean you literally whisked your hair back as soon as you finished speaking. It looked like you were annoyed and tired at the same time. But seriously though, right after that, you finished by basically calling me weak. Nearly every point of your full statement had some sense of disapproval in there. If I didn’t know any better, it sounded as if you were trying to make me lose faith in my conviction as well as discretely saying what I did was wrong. All you just brought up was a tiny part that related to what I just said. Congrats, we both said the same thing.” Kiro lightly applauded Sagisō mockingly. “Anyways, I guess you’re not going to answer my question. Fair enough.” Kiro had heard Sagisō mutter something else as she had stopped speaking but he didn’t catch them. It must’ve not been that important Kiro guessed.

“Anyways, as for your final question since you won’t answer mine.” Kiro closed his eyes for a moment as he thought about the choices. A few moments later, Kiro opened his eyes, holding back a grin. “I choose not to answer...”

Then he heard Raiku speak.

Kiro had nearly reached his breaking point with Raiku. He took a deep breath before he spoke. “Can you just shut the fuck up about the Uchiha for one goddamn second?” Kiro asked calmly as he possibly could, turning to face Raiku. “Uchiha this, Uchiha that. Do you have any clue as to what happens in the outside world? Damn, I swear you Leaf ninja are clueless.” Kiro clenched his fists and held his eyes back as he continued to speak. “You Uchiha have had it nice here in the Leaf village. You and the rest of your clan mates must’ve had fun as you stuffed your stomachs full with food. How does it feel when you get to walk through the streets without worrying if someone is waiting ambush you? It must feel nice huh? You’ve must’ve had it easy the entire time if this is how you react to death. I just came in here and killed one girl that you said you don’t care about. First off, make up your mind. You could probably get any girl you want so I don’t even see why you’re complaining. Well if your Academy days were anything like mine, then you would know what I mean.” Kiro said the final part, definitely trying not to brag. “Anyways, enough of that. What do you even know about me or my parents?! I may share the same clan name but I highly doubt I’m a part of it considering all the years I’ve spent in a completely different village. If they really cared, they would’ve brought me here, wouldn’t they?” Kiro asked Raiku, awaiting his response.

Azumi had been content to simply listen to the verbal fireworks after the battle between herself and Sagiso versus Zaku had ended. Thankfully, they had managed to best him and Sagiso showed more of why she deserves to be a Chunin even over the others who had passed to this point.

Clever way to turn the tables on the Oto-nin. I got out of a possible forced marriage and more importantly was able to scout more of one of my competitor's talents without revealing much about myself. All in all a productive break.

Azumi saw the Uchiha get into a verbal altercation though she paid it no mind beyond the confirmation that Kiro was indeed the Uchiha Sagiso had spoken about earlier. While Azumi was content to remain out of this Kenji among the group of himself, Sakura and Ino had walked up to the Rain ninja. Since it seemed more or less everyone disregarded them he had to be more direct as he faced Azumi who took notice of him and offered a curious eyebrow.

"What do you want?" Azumi asked as Kenji offered a sheepish grin as he had yet to exchange proper words to the, for lack of a better word, "scary" Ame-nin so it was an awkward first introduction. Still, Kenji and company had been curious about what happened and he needed to find out.

"So, what happened just now? Did you and her get into an argument with that sound guy?" Kenji asked as Azumi thought back to the cause of the battle which made her eyes, ever slightly and momentarily, widened as she glanced away from Kenji; as if she suddenly found a section of the floor more engaging to her attention.

"J-just...just some stupid bet. Nothing more. It's better if you don't think about it anymore." Azumi said with a small glare which had been enough to shut Kenji down as he began to back away. Though Ino and Sakura were far from satisfied as she decided to be direct and walk up to the Oto-nin.

"So, do you have a good reason to be involved in a fight before the next round of the finals?" Sakura asked Zaku with her arms folded over her chest.

Sagisō was taken back, she put her hand to her cheek worryingly and mimicked, " 'What an Idiot! Who forfeits just to fight right after.' " She tilted her head to the side and then spoke questioningly, "I don't seem to have been the one who said that? After I'd not only showed you the way to the loading dock but also consoled you for your actions, you insulted me right off the bat. Respect? After repaying my kindness with enmity, you still have the gall to bitch about me not respecting you? Did it never occur to you that spitting in the face of someone's goodwill would leave them annoyed with you?"

She shook her head as if dismissing the issue, "disregarding that, do you really think I want to hear an answer from you that much? You can choose not to answer, I'm fine with that."

"I'd heard that the Uchiha were self-centered...but... your condition is pretty advanced isn't it?" She hadn't really expected to see someone even more obnoxious that Zaku, but here he stood, basking in a halo of self-righteousness like the entire world had wronged him. She took back her former judgment, in the end, it seemed like not a single ninja from the mist was decent.

“Hm? Because I can handle it of course!” Zaku chuckled, his arms still crossed. “Don’t act like your friend is all innocent either, she was fighting there too.”

Zaku was amused at the spunky girl, who much like Azumi went out of her way to criticize every move he made. It’s like the foreign villages were villages of critics. If that was the case he would never go to other villages willingly. For some reason, he couldn’t shake the thought of Sakura’s large forehead, his eyes just couldn’t keep off of them. Sagiso seemed to be chewing Kiro’s ears out, which made Zaku sweat a little, as he worried the famous Uchiha temper would snap and activate his curse mark, which would make a big hole in the plan.

Kou remained by zaku’s side, not taking his eyes off of Azumi, seeing her as a possible threat. As the group of Azumi’s friends approached, he made an audible Hmph as he went in front of Zaku.

“No matter how many of our there are, Boss will still take you down!”

“The fight’s been over kid...”

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Ok, first of all, no girl has ever been interested in me. I’m just some kid,” Raiku began with a small blush he quickly got rid of.

“Second of all, umm sorry for not being worried about something bad happening to me 24/7, ok? And finally, I literally just said I don’t know anything about your family. Maybe you just need to sit down, and relax. Maybe talking about your real feelings will help you feel better.”

Though he was smirking inside, outside he managed to keep a straight face. Then he turned to face everyone else.

“You guys are really weird... How have you guys gotten farther then me? Also uh, HELLO? I’m not self centered like this psycho. I’m just some kid.”

Raiku directed the last sentences to Sagiso.

Friend? Well it seems that Zaku had confused her as friends with the Ame-nin. Someone who Sakura has not exchanged a meaningful words. Guess just having Kenji ask her a question was enough to count as a friendship. Sakura worked to correct these false assumptions.

"Look, I am not friends with her if that is what you are thinking." Sakura said with a thumb pointed to Azumi, who had just watched the conversation without having uttered a word as she just observed with that indifferent gaze.

"I don't care who is "innocent" or not, doing fights like that before the next round is just stupid and dangerous. Not just for you, but for the audience upstairs." Sakura scolded...before she took note that Zaku seemed to focus his gaze on a certain feature of hers above her eyes. Something that caused Sakura to scowl at the Oto-nin.

"Hey...might telling me where your eyes are right now?" Sakura asked, her expression having shifted from curious to annoyed as she had a good guess where or what Zaku had been staring at.

Kiro's cheeks turned a light shade of red and he tried to look away as he remembered what Sagisō had done for him earlier. He had completely forgotten. And like what Kiro had said before about vulnerability, Sagisō took full advantage of his misstep, punishing him for his mistake. Kiro just took Sagisō insults and accepted them. He would not be such a hypocrite as to argue against them after what he had said. Kiro had slipped up and now he had to deal with the consequences. Through all of this, Kiro’s curse mark had started to itch.

He just yawned and stretched his arms as Sagisō finished up. “Are you finished?” Kiro asked once she seemed to be done talking. He slowly inched his way closer to Sagisō, making direct eye contact with her. His sharingan still wasn’t active. “Come on, let’s go a few rounds. Let’s see if you can back up your talk.” Kiro spoke with confidence, once he was face to face with her. Kiro also ignored Raiku in the background as he planned to deal with the fellow Uchiha later. Right now, he wanted to shut Sagisō up. He would let her win the war of words but he would not allow himself to lose a physical battle.

A medical nin walked to Zaku, appealingly recharging his Chakra for the next fight as he grinned, looked up at the certain feature of Sakura’s.

“Oh nothing, just admiring your gigantic forehead, but you know, little things.”

Zaku knew her type. The type that would criticize most everyone and everything, but once a little detail of theirs was pointed out, they would crumble or explode, he was amused as to which one Sakura was going to be. For some reason, he felt a strong passion to punch it, but it could just be his brain imagining things.

“Hey! Why are you dissing boss so much?!” Kou said in his defense. “He never said anything to you!”

"Come."

With a slight blush on her face, Sagisō accepted Kiro's challenge. Seeing as he was bold enough to propose to her at this very moment she would not slight his courage. Though, he sure was shameless, challenging her after she'd gone through 2 battles... what'd he think she was? A jinchuriki? Well, she assumed he also didn't have that much chakra... but nevertheless, she would aim to conserve it where-ever she could.

A cold chill filled the air the second Zaku's words left his mouth. The forehead had been a sore subject for Sakura since their academy days, and while Ino to a certain degree had helped with some insecurities that concerned it. It still was a sensitive subject....and that was something Zaku was about to discover as a killing intent beyond what anyone in the room could be prepared for was directed at Zaku as Ino and Kenji backed up with nervous expressions. Even Azumi had to raise an eyebrow at this, and she wasn't even in the line of fire like Zaku and the kid beside him had been.

"What did you say!?" Sakura yelled out. Her eyes seemed to white out as her teeth gritted before Zaku's eyes and it was almost as if Inner Sakura had taken over as the pink haired kunoichi directed her fury at Zaku before....before a sadistic smile seemed to take shape.

"Well, I was just gonna say fighting indoors could cause problems and I meant no disrespect. But you know what, maybe I was wrong. How about you and I go a quick round? After all, I am just some big billboard borw nobody what risk do I pose?" Sakura asked with a deceptively friendly tone that only added to the creepy atmosphere; as if one had not known better you'd believe a genjutsu had been cast which seemed to produce this chilling if not nightmare inducing aura around Sakura during this entire exchange.

Last edited:

Zaku wasn’t the least bit intimidated by her display. So she’s the exploding type? Heh. Zaku was sure that Sakura, who failed during the prelims would be no match for him, thinking them being on completely different levels. Zaku got in a fighting pose, grinning.

“Well then pinky, we’ll see what you got!”

“W-wait!”

The medical nin to the side of Zaku went in the middle of them, as well as facing Sagiso and Kiro. She seemed to be very stressed out over the whole ordeal.

“If we have another fight like the last one...this whole place could come down on us! Let alone two...” the medical nin rubbed some sweat off of her sideburns. “Plus if you end up killing Zaku or Kiro, the crowd is going to be very displeased. Then no one will get a promotion...me included.”

Right then, a green light lit up over the docking bay, practically calling everyone to load up to their respective areas to fight. Zaku smirked, turning back to Sakura.

“Saved by the bell, eh? After this next battle I win, i might sign your forehead~”

“Good.”

As soon as he spoke, Kiro already had a kunai in hand, electricity around it, ready to stab Sagisō in the stomach. However, he froze when he heard the medic scream to stop. Kiro dropped the kunai to the ground in front of Sagisō. “Lucky.” Kiro mouthed to her, not even bother to speak. He turned around to face the medic ninja just in time to hear her say that Sagisō could potentially kill Zaku and him. Kiro didn’t know about Zaku but he thought it was blasphemy that this medic even had the idea he would lose to Sagisō. ‘The disrespect of the Leaf...’ Kiro just shook his head. He caught Sagisō in his peripheral vision and glared at her for a few seconds. Once the medic was done speaking, Kiro turned to face her. “Like Zaku said... saved by the bell.” Kiro repeated the words. Kiro was itching to fight Sagisō right there but he would have to wait. “Make sure you use those eyes of yours when you watch my battle.” Kiro simply warned Sagisō before he started to walk over to the docking bay. If she wanted a chance at beating him in combat, Sagisō would need all the advantages she could get. However, even though he didn’t doubt her strength, Kiro wouldn’t be surprised if he never saw Sagisō again.

Sagisō smiled cheerfully as Kiro turned away, "...if he'd come just a bit closer." Well, there really was no use crying over spilled milk. She muttered lightly under her breath, 'White Spider Lily', and stared at the faint, almost invisible threads that were lined in front of her, from her finger, to where she'd previously stood on the ceiling. If Kiro had been just a bit faster... he likely would've decapitated himself on one of the threads. He might've noticed it had he opened his Sharingan, but it appeared he was too cocky to take her seriously from the start. The threads hadn't been meant for him anyway, they were merely remnants of her battle with Zaku. She'd originally expected the sound-nin to have moved out of the way of her wind sickle and then attempted to blast her as she approached, she would then use the threads to pull herself up and over his sound waves, followed by an aerial attack. Things hadn't quite gone as planned but the outcome had been somewhat similar.

As she watched the Uchiha swagger out towards the loading dock, claiming she'd been 'saved by the bell' her smile only brightened, musing to herself, 'Ignorance truly is blissful~'

Turning towards Azumi, Sagisō waved good luck to her friend, and headed back upstairs, melding into the sea of bodies until she found herself a seat. Maybe she would watch Kiro's battle...but for now, she simply wanted to rest.

Before Sakura had a chance to act on her threats, both Ino and Kenji grabbed her and pulled her back from Zaku as Ino even took the liberty of placing a hand over her friend's mouth to muffle her shouts.

"Easy there Sakura. No need to make a scene with this jerk." Ino replied as she and Kenji led Sakura back upstairs to go back to their own seats.

During this, Azumi had taken note of Sagiso as she waved good luck to her. Azumi simply gave a nod of affirmation before she followed the Uchiha to the loading dock with her resolve and determination for the task to come all to clear.

A representative of one of the five great nations, bearing one of the elite Kekkei Genkai born of the most powerful nation. Even if I can sympathize with your feelings of this ninja system, you are just the obstacle I need to get over. The ideal ninja in their eyes, one that I will defeat before all of them. I will show these ninja what the pride of Amegakure can do.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Okay then, bad time to socialize, better go back. Taiyo thought to himself, slowly leaving the argument. He was all for physical conflict, like friendly sparring matches, but seeing verbal conflict made him uncomfortable, so he decided to leave. Tsuki was about to enter, but then she saw everyone else arguing so she became conflicted. She could either leave since this didn't concern her, or she could tell everyone to be silent.

“Looks like i’ll Be off then.”

Zaku uncrossed his arms, taking a step toward the platform he was to load up on. Right as he did so, Kou tugged in his arm, trying to catch him before he loaded up.

“Hey, before you go up-“

“What?”

“Well...don’t do anything too extreme there, I don’t want to see you hurt...or worse.”

Zaku smirked at the boy, brushing off his hold on his arm. He looked down at the orphan, a Look of confidence plastered all over his face.

“Heh, I won’t. The sound village can’t be stopped by jutsu of the past. I’ve made it this far, I just need to stomp two other weaklings. Just cheer me on.”

With that, Zaku walked into the pitch black loading bay. His opponet would be Katsuo, which would be tricky to say the least. He hadn’t seen Katsuo in the hub area before the loading process. So he assumed Katsuo had already loaded onto the bay.

“So, this is it huh?” He said to his former ally

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was getting fed up with this bunch and decided to leave, not noticing Taiyo. He went back to his seat in the stadium as he waited for the Semifinals to begin. There he would activate his Sharingan like he had in the quarterfinals.

Heh, this public tournament is the perfect chance to learn some new jutsu. I've even learned some wind style! Though I should probably focus on that guy, Kiro's match. Maybe I can get some lightning or water style out of them. Though I'll have to figure out how any of these nature transformations even work in order to use the jutsus...

The platforms all of a sudden rose, light pouring in. The two platforms rising up high for the audience to see. The platform which Zaku and Katsuo stood on seemed to be volcano themed, black rocks everywhere with a few occasional hills. A stream of magma seemed to flow down the middle of the field, along with smoke rising in a few areas.

Azumi and Kiro’s platform seemed to be based on the appearance of a cave. There were no walls or roof, but there were several ditches and depressions littered about the zone, Stalgmites and rocky covers seemed to be abundant. Two small caves were to the left and right of the zone. The battles had begun.

Zaku smirked as his platform in position. He looked over to Katsuo. He knew that he was formidable if he made it this far, but couldn’t bring himself to openly mock him so quickly, especially since they had a bit of a history.

“So then, we’ve come to this eh?” Zaku said to his former ally. “Only one of us will make it off this the victor.”

Last edited:
As they rose up, Kiro could hear the roaring of the crowd. They were extremely loud, probably because they seemed to be hyped up by the finale of the previous round. Well, that’s what Kiro figured anyways. Whether or not he was a fan favorite did not bother him.

Kiro looked around as he observed the field his battle would take place on. It looked like a deformed cave. Kiro was a bit disappointed. He expected something more but Kiro wasn’t going to complain. Instead, he turned his focus to Azumi. From his first interaction with her, Kiro sensed that she would be much different than the other genin he had faced. Kiro was not going to underestimate her unlike with Tomiko and Hashima.

“Unfortunately, as much as I concur with your ideology of this world, I’m afraid our paths have finally crossed.” Kiro said, looking over to Azumi. Before Kiro spoke his next line, he remembered that he had forgotten to offer Sagisō the same privilege that he had offered to so many others. Kiro sighed and shook his head. He would have to offer her that chance once they faced in battle. Kiro then looked back up at Azumi, continuing his words. “As I was saying, as my own personal rule... Ladies first.” Kiro did wonder why he had only faced the other gender up to this point. It wasn’t that he disliked the idea, it just felt weird that he hadn’t faced one male yet. That would change should he win this match against one of the toughest females he would have to face.

Kiro shifted all his focus to Azumi. If he was to win, he would have to keep his full attention on her, not letting anything she did escape his eyes. He would have to stay serious...

"Ninja Art: Hidden Mist Jutsu!"

While Kiro had been busy with his speech as well as letting his mind focus on Sagiso or other thoughts before he would zero in on her, Azumi began preparations for her first move. Kiro was in a different league than her previous opponents, based on what she had seen in his match with Hashima. So Azumi needed to avoid wasted movements as she held her hand sign and soon this thick mist covered their arena and Azumi seemed to vanish within the mist.

Azumi swiftly moved through the mist, as an eerie silence fell the arena while she began making some hand signs in preparation for something. Even if Kiro displayed those famous eyes of the Uchiha, the mist would still prove to be difficult to see through even with that Kekkei Genkai. Azumi was thankful she was not dealing with Sagiso or her Byakugan at this point, but that had been beside the point.

"We both see the pain the ninja world has caused, but between the two of us I aim to do something about it. That is why I will win, and knock down a fitting symbol of the "ideal" ninja." Azumi said, her voice carried an echo with it so that Kiro had no chance to trace it back to its source. After a minute of silence Azumi dashed from the mist behind Kiro as she aimed to deliver a back breaking blow with her umbrella in what appeared to be a sneak attack to take advantage of the mist cover.

‘Well then...’ It seemed that Azumi did not want to waste anytime as she immediately performed a single handsign. Kiro didn’t flinch at all when he heard Azumi name the jutsu. The ‘Hidden Mist Jutsu’ was nothing new to Kiro as he had been born and raised in the village where the jutsu was most commonly used. It would’ve been a travesty had he not taken the time to understand the technique during his time there.

Kiro was a bit surprised that Azumi had managed to get as much Mist as she did with so little water. However, it made no difference to Kiro as he activated his sharingan. Even though the sharingan wouldn’t be able to locate her position, it still had it’s other uses. He also pulled out a kunai in each hand to use for protection, as well as a potential counter.

With the Mist in play, Kiro wondered if Azumi also knew the ‘silent killing’ technique. If so, that would be dangerous considering the lethality if it. Even if she didn’t, Kiro didn’t want to take any risks. However, Azumi seemed to be quite a tactician herself if she knew that the ‘Hidden Mist’ technique would limit the sharingan’s vision. With Azumi’s chakra completely surrounding the area, Kiro’s sharingan would not be able to pinpoint her exact location. Kiro could not afford to let his guard down at all while the Mist was still up. His only options were to counter any attack last she threw at him, stall the Mist out, or use the Mist against her...

As Azumi spoke her words, Kiro focused on her voice, trying to pinpoint her location. But as Kiro expected, it was all around him, her voice echoing her words. He turned ever so slightly, his eyes constantly moving as they searched the Mist for any signs of movement. Remembering the training he received for this technique, Kiro also used his ears to listen for any possible noise around him. The eerie silence that fell upon the crowd in the arena also helped Kiro in a big way. Through the moment of silence, Kiro listened and waited until...

Hearing the slight brush of air behind him, Kiro turned around just in time to block the umbrella with the kunai in his right hand. Though Azumi had been careful to keep her movements hidden, her dash as well as the swing of the umbrella came with the consequence of forming a light brushing sound as the air was pushed away. Kiro held the kunai firm in his hand as he tried to hold the umbrella back. It was an awkward position, considering the fact Kiro was only using one hand to block the umbrella. However, instead of replying with some witty remark, Kiro glared at Azumi while he prepared to counter with the kunai in his left hand by swiping at her stomach area. Hopefully, it would prevent Azumi from punishing him for only using one hand to defend against the powerful force of the umbrella by making her retreat.

However, rather than retreat or push forward as Kiro might have expected. Azumi remained right where she was as the kunai sliced open her stomach. Though rather than blood water leaked out from the wound as "Azumi" bust into a sizable water puddle on the ground.

Unknown to Kiro, Azumi used the mist to generate a water clone of her own chakra and the water canteens she filled up and wore on her belt, and as the clone made its move Azumi moved in in near utter silence as she had prepared additional hand signs. The second Azumi's clone charged and Kiro made his response and she heard the sound her the clone's umbrella striking the kunai, the real Azumi moved behind Kiro and extended her palm to his back.

"Water Style: Water Prison Jutsu!"

In an instant, with Kiro's focus on the clone and with kunai in both hands, water from the puddle that had one been the clone and the canteens on her belt began to surround Kiro in a large water sphere as Azumi's intent was clear. To trap and immobilize Kiro before he had a chance to respond.

Last edited:
Katsuo scoffed at Sagiso's words, the burning spark of rivalry he felt towards her fizzling out.
"What a fall out. She really wishes to hide her tricks that badly? Pft, she refused to go all out and fight to the end, we never reached our peaks, what pathetic match..." He battered himself internally, ashamed that his first big opponent gave him the win, this was not the Ikeda Clan way.

------------------

Katsuo was heading down the large archway leading to the stadium where his upcoming match would I take place, when without warning, Ichiko appeared at his side, gripping his shoulder with an unbreakable amount of force.
"I should punish you for holding back, but considering your opponent did the same and your clearly annoyed with the situation...I'll let it slide." She spoke quietly, her low voice creeping down his spine, a surge of relief washing over him as she let go.

"Thank you Sensei, my match is about to start." He spoke in his more monotone, soldier-like voice.

"Yes I'm aware, you've prepared for your next opponent, correct?" She questioned him, her eyes gazing to the wall just behind Katsuo's head.

"Yes Sensei, I've fought with him before, a former ally in fact...it'll be interesting." He spoke quietly, aware he couldn't reveal his apprehensive nature towards his Sensei's assassin like methods of fighting, at least not in a setting like this.
"I've gotta go, I'm already late, see you later Sensei!" He spoke in a slightly more light hearted tone, turning on his heal to head for the arena.

"Katsuo..." Ichiko Sensei called once again, her voice more serious and less threatening than before, causing her student to pause but not turn.
".....never use it." She added quietly, finally looking towards him before walking off in the other direction, leaving there conversation at that.

"I won't Sensei...I hope I won't..." Katsuo worried about his Sensei's warning whilst heading out onto the arena floor, attempting to clear his head as he saw Zaku standing there waiting for him.

"I've looked forward to this for quite some time, just wish it were under better circumstances. But no matter, come Zaku, attack me!" He yelled, casting a few hand signs while waiting for his former comrade to go on the offensive.

“Heh, if you insist!”

Nothing too fancy. Better not use any chakra until I figure out what is deal is. He was a pretty secretive ally about his techniques in the forest of death. If he only uses the projectile jutsus I saw back then, then it should be easy as pie.

“Decapatating airwaves!”

Without using any chakra, he shot a burst of air directly at the enemy from his hands, not lethal levels since no chakra was involved, but enough to throw someone for a bad time. He was testing the waters, as he wasn’t sure what exactly he was signing up for in this match.

Kai looked on, one of the platforms covering in mist, the same one that a Kiro was fighting on. Kai clenched his fists and pounded it at his seat.

“That hypocrite! Thief!” He yelled at Azumi, turning tin kanshi. “She’s using our nation’s jutsu, MY nation’s jutsu! And she says he detested all nations...bah! Like a hidden mist jutsu will work on a hidden mist ninja! Use what you’ve learned Kiro!!”

‘A clone?!’ Kiro’s facial expression immediately turned to a look of surprise. How had he not noticed? It had to have been the Mist. It was really messing with his sharingan. With Azumi’s chakra everywhere, he couldn’t distinguish the amount of chakra the clone had, causing him to believe that it was the real one.

Kiro mentally cursed when he looked at the puddle of water under him before feeling a hand touch his back. ‘Shit!’ Kiro realized he was in trouble when he heard ‘Water Prison’. Almost immediately after Azumi said the words, the water from the puddle started to flow up, surrounding him. Kiro clutched his kunai as he turned around to strike Azumi... but it was too late. By the time Kiro had turned around, he was completely submerged in the large sphere of water.

Holding his breath, Kiro knew he was in trouble. With the two kunai in his hands, Kiro couldn’t perform any handsigns. What was also concerning was the fact that even if he wanted to forfeit, he couldn’t say the words while trapped in the water. ‘Is she trying to kill me?’ Kiro wondered, glaring at her with his sharingan. With all the Mist, not even the proctor or the crowd would be able to see them. No one would be able to stop her from allowing him to drown in the water. ‘What is she planning?‘ Either way, Kiro had to figure a way out of this fast. Kiro tightly grasped his kunai as he carefully began to charge them up with chakra...

"Proctor!" Azumi yelled out, as with the mist she needed the proctor's attention who moved in a position where he could clearly see Azumi and Kiro within the water prison.

"Proctor! I am going in with the intent kill him, if you wish to avoid another premature death at these exams. I'd advise you focus on Kiro or stop this match yourself!" Azumi yelled out as she made her intent to Kiro and the proctor clear as she spoke through the mist. Azumi did not meet Kiro's gaze, or likely glare as she presumed, as she focused on his body in part to avoid a possible Genjutsu like the ones Kiro had displayed in his earlier match that she observed. Specifically, right at the front of Kiro's neck as Azumi used her free hand to press a special switch on her umbrella's handle. Azumi had no means of using jutsu that required two hands to form a hand sign though it seemed she had another idea anyway.

Swish!

Azumi reveled a hidden blade that extended from the top of the umbrella as Azumi aimed the elongated switch blade right at Kiro's neck. Azumi gazed the target spot with a cold stare before she spoke up once more.

"If you do not wish to end up like Hashima, I suggest you focus your energy on screaming reveal to the proctor your submission. Use your fingers to make an "O" sign if you desire to give up. If you do not, I apologize for what is about to happen. I must ascend in front of them, especially against someone like you." Azumi said in reference to the Kage of the five great nations as she pulled her umbrella's blade back before she lunged it forward and prepared to deliver a stab to Kiro's neck. Where there was the least amount of water to get in the way.

He'll surrender. He has to, no exam is worth tossing his life when he is merely just fighting for a title. I'll stop the second he or the proctor stop this. And if not...it will be on his head. I gave him his chance...

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo had headed back to his hospital room, hoping that his bones would heal, however, his thoughts were interrupted by the medical-nin who treated him.
"Mr. Akugami. Would you like to wait the months it might take for your bones to heal, or shall I amputate them?" The assigned medical-nin question his patient, who now wore a concerned frown. Indeed, the leaf-nin was concerned for his arms, how would he fight properly if he can't use his arms? Besides, he needed to train as soon as possible to master Flashing Burst Style, the Jutsu responsible for breaking his arms in the first place.
"I've thought about it for a while, but I think I'll take the amputation," Taiyo responded solemnly, ready for the great pain that may befall him.
"Understood, I'll be ready in a little while, anyone who you want to be with you before you go through with this?" The medical-nin understood if he wanted to be surrounded by his friends before he went through with this.
"Yes, if I could see Tsuki Yuki, Raiku Uchiha, and Lako Hatsumi, that would be great," Taiyo said weakly, getting on to the operating table for the doctor.

"Mountain Shifting Palm Technique." Katsuo yelled with a rather bored tone, thrusting his right arm out l, causing the burst if air to disperse out around his palm, just having enough force to violently ruffle his clothes.
"Come now Zaku, what was that pathetic thing?! I've seen what power those tunnels can put out." He spoke a bit mockingly, his image quickly blurring before disappearing from sight all together.
"No byakugan this time, its likely that he won't be able to track my speed, this is good." He concluded internally, his blurred image reappearing several feet to the right of Zaku, the gap between them closing faster than the eye could follow....not mention the four water shuriken raining down from above and the other three aimed for the center of his back.

Ichiko watched the match from a distance, a strange combination of pride and worry taking over her at the same time.
"Aim to win Katsuo...but don't push it to far..."

Zaku was about to come up with a witty remark to respond to Katsuo calling his basic technique pathetic. He was cut short in these thoughts however, Katsuo had darted from one side of the field to the right, which boggled him. ....what? Was he always capable of that speed? My eyes just can’t track him!

The water shuriken caught his eye, as well as Katuso’s sudden charge. All these variables were not going to be taken out by just two streams of air, if only he had more hands. Oh crap! How am I going to take all these things out?! It not like I have more than two jet streams...

Zaku then picked up something with his hearing, the sound of bubbling. It came from below him and under the ground. Just then it clicked what environment Zaku was in. This could be useful! Weaving two handsigns, Zaku threw himself onto the floor, his hands creating a high pitches noise.

“Splicing sound fall!!!”

Zaku pumped chakra into the ground, cracks forming a circle around him. This time something was different. Out of the ground, a massive amount of air spewed magma, gushing right into the air and the areas around, splashing out like a volcano! Lava spewed all around uncontrollably, except In the center where Zaku was. The water shuriken evaporated on contact. Unfortunately Zaku was blinded as to what was on the other side of the lava fall, or what a Katsuo was doing. He could only hope he ran into the magma fall or the lava debris.

“Hahahaha! Can’t take the heat?!?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
A medical ninja came near Raiku and explained Taiyo's situation. Remembering his results in the Exams, he immediately felt guilty for not visiting him as soon as his battle ended, even though he knew it was to watch the other matches. Deciding to not make the same mistake he followed the medical ninja to Taiyo's room.

He entered the room and saw his friend on the operation table, immediately making him feel worse.

"Sorry I wasn't here earlier... I was watching the finishing battles, ya know?"

However he was looking down while he said this and hoped his friend would accept his apology.

"I know the reason you decided to go for amputation, but still I would've preferred waiting for recovery... either way it's your decision and I'll support you."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"It's okay, I forgive you, and thanks for supporting me," Taiyo smiled weakly at his friend, was it easier to wait for his recovery? Yes. Was it risky to go through the amputation, with the possibility of never getting his arms replaced? Absolutely. But the leaf-nin knew his shattered bones might not heal, all the doctor could do is guess. Besides, there might be a puppet master around who could replace his arms with puppet ones. Tsuki also came, shortly after Raiku did in fact, teary-eyed at the news.
"I'm so sorry you have to get through with this Taiyo," The mist-nin told her acquaintance, fighting back the urge to explain that this is what conflict does to people, it hurts them, and breaks their bodies in ways that may be unrepairable.
"No need, in fact, I want you to feel happy. Without you, I might have lost my life," Taiyo smiled at Tsuki, causing the latter's eyes to fill up with more tears as she cried into her hands.

‘She is trying to kill me!’ Kiro had already switched his focus to the chakra points from his right shoulder down to his hand. He had no time for anything else or could he for that matter.

With the choices Azumi gave him, it seemed no matter which one Kiro chose, he would die. Even if he shouted, all the water would drown him, suffocating him to death. The other problem was, he couldn’t even form a circle with his fingers because they were still holding on to the kunai. Kiro could only hope he could move his arm in time. As he released the chakra points in his elbow and forearm, the chakra started to cloak them, creating the needed space between the water and them. However, he still needed either his shoulder and arm or wrist and hand to try blocking the attack with the kunai. With both his arms in front of him due to the attacking position he was in, that was his only option for the moment. However, when Azumi finished talking and pulled the umbrella back, Kiro only had one option. As soon as Azumi lunged the blade forward, Kiro released the chakra in his arm and shoulder.

Moving at a simultaneous speed with the blade, Kiro raised the kunai up under the blade to try and push it in another angle. It worked, except instead of being pierced through his neck, the blade went up and sliced the side of his left cheek bone. “Wait!” Kiro quickly shouted before water started to enter his mouth. ‘Shit!‘ Kiro mentally cursed as he quickly closed his mouth. Now it was really bad.

Kiro seemed to be struggling to breath with the water now in his mouth. He closed his eyes tightly as he did his best to show Azumi he was struggling. He wouldn’t dear open his mouth again unless he wished to die.

Is this where I die?’

Kiro started to calm himself down. If he was going to die, then he might as well just die peacefully. Kiro just focused on what was to come next and stopped struggling as he kept his body calm.

Mother, I’ll be seeing you...‘

Slowly but surely, Kiro’s grasp on reality started to slip. Eventually, Kiro’s right arm seemed to drop slowly. Instead of his eyes tightly closed, his eyelids became relaxed. His hair also started to float upwards. Kiro’s body seemed to float unconsciously in the water prison, devoid of any other movement.

Kai couldn’t believe it. Was the Xeno actually beating Kiro with a stolen technique!? Kai was shocked, he could Hardly formulate the words to describe his emotions. He balled up his fists and practically screamed toward the arena.

“Kill the filthy Xeno Kiro! Don’t let your village down! Of all techniques don’t lose to this one!!!”

Genma, the proctor for the exam, sighed and got up from the sidelines. He addressed the crowd as well as the two competitors, holding up one had.

“If Kiro will not cede the match or break free of the prisons in ten seconds, he will be disqualified from the match. As per our rules and regulations.”

He brought down his hand the first time, as the countdown was started.

“Ten.”

Azumi's blade inched close to Kiro, but before the fatal blow could be dealt Azumi saw as Kiro seemed to fall limp in the water prison. Seemed the Uchiha fell unconscious.

Azumi managed to stop her blade a mere centimeter from Kiro's throat before she pulled it back. With her other hand still holding the prison Azumi heard the mandate from the proctor. Ten seconds, that seemed fair enough. He would not drown in that time so long as the medical ninja went to work on him right away after she released the technique and all Azumi had to do was maintain the prison till the ten seconds had passed.

Azumi kept her free hand on the umbrella in the event it may have been needed, but otherwise just watched Kiro as she waited for the ten seconds to pass.

With her hands resting against the railing, an expression of utter boredom on her face, and the straw of a soft drink delicately being held between her lips, Sagisō idly gazed at the matches. The thin veins lining her face and leading up to her eyes revealing that she was currently using her Byakugan to watch all the matches simultaneously. But- she paid special attention to the Uchiha's match, his name currently being rather distasteful and one she'd prefer not to pollute her mouth with. She was, of course, rooting for Azumi's victory- but she really hadn't expected it to arrive so rapidly. She'd been expecting to see a bitter struggle between the two combatants, one utilized the hidden mist jutsū to attack and retreat at her leisure while her opponent tried to snake her out and deliver a fatal blow.

When Azumi had caught Kiro in her Water Prison Jutsū Sagisō had jumped to her feet, her hand pumping in the air as she cheered. She'd known it was only the beginning though, there's no way a person with that much confidence would've been defeated in the second exchange of the match. She'd half expected Kiro to weave a few hand signs for fire style and counter the water prison, but when he simply went limp in the water, floating like a dead dog, she lost it. And it, referred to the remains of the soft drink that was still in her mouth. The carbonated beverage spewed violently from the Kunoichi's mouth, but fortunately, the only person in its line of fire was Kai.

Her Byakugan sharpened as she stared intently at Kiro's body. It hadn't been long enough for him to drown, so her immediate thoughts were, 'It's a trap.' Nevertheless, it was still a rather good opportunity to vent. Clearing her throat with a bit less subtlety than appropriate, she coughed out, "Truly, a display of Magnificence by the glorious Mist. Taken out by their own jutsu in no less than 2 exchanges! Certainly worth of my respect."

While her words were sharp and aimed towards a particular enemy of hers, her eyes never left Kiro's body. 'Is that it..? Impossible!' She'd didn't believe the famed Uchiha would be as weak as a sickly girl, unable to stand up to a few soft pokes. This could hardly be considered a 'fight', it was more just a shameful display of incompetence. She'd wanted to question where his confidence came from, that boldness that allowed him to challenge her as if he had even an iota of skill to back up his boastings, but- as it would seem now- she would never get that answer as he was currently busy shoving his foot in his mouth. 'If Azumi doesn't kill him...then the shame should...'

As Azumi watched, she took note that Kiro truly seemed unconscious and that the proctor had been content to keep with the 10 seconds. Time seemed to freeze as she wondered what was supposed to be done.

On one hand, keeping up the prison would ensure victory. On the other, this could lead to an untimely death as he may take on more water than the proctors could handle. Within one moment, she made her decision.

Azumi despised the great nations, but a pointless death such as this would settle nothing. Azumi pulled her hand back and released Kiro from the water prison as his body would naturally flop back to the ground once gravity kicked in. Azumi however was cautious one as she flashed hand signs and prepared another water prison for use as she held her palm over Kiro's prone body. The second his body moved or his eyes opened, Azumi was prepared to strike again if needed. Though if Kiro was unconscious then Azumi will have just been overly paranoid and her action may given the Uchiha a chance to live once the proctor realized Kiro cannot continue.

The water shuriken evaporated on contact~ At least, that is what would've happen, had they not shifted there course for the sky the moment the ground began to give way, Katsuo hadn't forgotten the terrain they were fighting in.

As Katsuo ran directly into the lava, his body burst into a large cloud of steam, evaporating instantaneously.

"As a matter of fact, I can!" The real Katsuo yelled, now visible and soaring into the open space Zaku stood, both shuriken following suit, flying in right behind him.

Ichiko starred on with a small smirk.
"So you swapped out for a clone when Zaku lost sight of you, and waited for his counter attack before getting the drop on him, eh, only okay Katsuo, pick it up kid."

The water shuriken began careening around the small enclosed circle, getting so close to the lava that they became scalding hot. Whilst at the same time, Katsuo began flashing another set of hand signs, dropping down on Zaku from above.
"His reaction time is rather impressive, ill have to keep the speed up."