• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Hey, let me get one thing straight. I can get anyone I want to fall in love with me, easily! If I wanted to. Even still you have no chakra at all, and I have the jutsu of the future! What makes you think you stand a shadow of a chance? Either of you!”

Relationships? Huh? Is this how they really start to ninjas? Orochimaru didn’t each me how to handle situations like this... would make sense ninjas would have to claim their partner in combat, that’s the only way to make sure your partner would be strong for the family. It all makes sense now!

“So that’s how it is.” Zaku looked over to the two of them, his hands on his hips. “So why should I battle either of you two? Are you two strong enough to be my wife?”

“Boss! You can’t honestly be thinking about that at a time like this!”

“Hush kid.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima felt a sharp pain in her stomach, and knew it was the kunai.

"So you really are gonna kill me... huh. Well I’ll at least face my murderer.”

Hashima turned around and leaned forward, knowing if the kunai slit her throat she would die.

Last edited:
Dates? What were those? Were they some form of competition which tested the abilities of one's future mate? How could any self-respecting kunoichi marry someone weaker than her? Was she supposed to step up to the plate a fight her husband's battles for him? Preposterous! Naturally, as a member of Nadeshiko Village Sagisō was prepared to lecture Azumi on the 21 reasons why it was wrong for a kunoichi to marry a ninja weaker than herself.

Unfortunately, as she'd opened her mouth to 'correct' Azumi's misguided ways, Zaku had mouthed off and practically trampled all over her pride. She was instantly enraged, "I'm out of chakra right now but if you wanna face me in Taijutsū then I'll show you what for! Or a duel! 2 days from now! Against Both of us! It's not a question of whether we're strong enough to become your wives but whether you're strong enough to get us as wives! Don't mouth off before proving your mettle in battle. 2 days from now at Noon, if you can defeat both of us we'll marry you! If you can't well..."

She snorted, casting a look of disdain, "they say a dog's bark is often worse than it's bite."

“If I’m the stronger one here, then YOU shouldnt be making the terms, should you?” Zaku smirked, shaking his head. “I’ve already proved my superiority by making it farther than you in the exams. I’m afraid I won’t be... ‘in town’ two days from now. It’s either now, or at my village later. Choose.”

The orphan just stared at Zaku, unsure weather to be shocked, embarrassed, impressed, or all three. Zaku’s pride wasn’t shaken, or at least didn’t seem to be. That’s something the boy liked about him. He was once an homeless orphan too before getting to the level he was now, challenging two ninja of equal rank at once without hesitation.

Sagisō snorted, her eyes burning with rage as she stared at the sound-ninja. At the moment she only had enough chakra to activate her byakugan, but that would do. "Alright! We accept your challenge!" She reached her hands into her pockets, pulling out her silk-steel gloves and equipping them. As far as she saw it, she could handle the taijutsū and Azumi would back her up with ninjutsū. She took a stance that appeared nothing like what she'd displayed in the chūnin exams thus far. Her fingers were angled downward, positioned for swift strikes to chakra point or pressure points -fully capable of temporarily crippling the affected area-, and she stood on the balls of her feet ready to push off with a burst of speed at a moments notice. "Don't regret it later~"

“Yeah, I will kill you if you don’t forfeit.” Kiro stated ever so calmly. Kiro took a look at his right hand to see a stream of blood flowing onto it before dropping to the ground underneath forming a puddle of red liquid. She didn’t have much time left.

This is not what Kiro wanted. His mind wandered back to his mother. Deep down, Kiro knew she would be disappointed with what he was doing. As a child, Kiro himself had to deal with fangirls. The constant bickering and harassment as Kiro described it. He couldn’t understand why girls were so annoying. However, it was his mother who told him to respect woman as they were the ones who brought life into the world. After his mother died, Kiro stopped trying to understand women. The only woman Kiro had ever truly respected was his mother.

If Kiro wanted to become strong, respected, and feared, he would have to take some sacrifices. Even if that meant sacrificing his mother’s morals. Even if he had to kill this girl for a simple ranking. Though it felt wrong in so many ways, Kiro believed it to be right. Maybe it was the curse mark or maybe it was just himself, Kiro would never know.

“Last chance.” Kiro told Hashima as he lit up the kunai with electricity, drawing it ever closer to her neck. Kiro could feel the dark, burning sensation of the curse mark flowing through his body. He didn’t mind it one bit. Instead, he embraced it.

Then that’s when Hashima made her move. Kiro didn’t even get a chance to think. For the first time, Kiro cursed his reaction time. As she turned around, Kiro’s left hand moved in accordance with her neck, slicing it open as she turned to face him. With the other kunai still inside of her as she turned around, her stomach and intestines were completely sliced open with the turn. Instead of a kiss, all Kiro received was blood.

Hashima’s face hit Kiro’s neck before her body slowly dropped down as he pulled the kunai out of her. Kiro ignored the blood that splattered everywhere as he just stared, completely motionless, at Hashima’s body.

The crowd, one of the largest in years, was deadly silent as they watched. The fires had also died down by this point, revealing new light as the sun shines brightly over Hashima. Instead, Kiro found himself trapped in the shadow of the one remaining tree as he continued to look down at Hashima’s dead body. Her body was conveniently laid at the edge of the shadow, in the light of the sun.

‘Mother, forgive me.’

However, this was no time for mourning. Like Kiro had done most of his life, he sealed all the emotions of the moment up inside of him. They were locked away, never meant to be opened again.

Kiro finally looked up at the proctor before he dropped the bloody kunai into the pool of blood beneath him. “I told her not to move.” Kiro told the proctor, knowing full well that did not excuse his actions.

Azumi had prided herself on being a calm, composed individual. Someone who rarely allowed herself to be caught off guard and was prepared for any situation that she found herself in. Though that composure shattered like a window when one through a brick through it.

W-W-WHAT!?

Azumi could not believe what she had heard from Sagiso; as her shocked expression told a far better story than her words could. Not that she could choke out a response as she had no idea what to say in response to Sagiso volunteering the two of them to battle Zaku where if he were to win they'd become his wives.

However, before Azumi had a chance to object Sagiso just decided to accept his challenge then and there! This woman was insane, and Azumi had no idea what to do as she jumped back a bit. From Sagiso's view, it was merely to gain distance for an assist ninjtsu. In truth, Azumi needed space to think things over.

D-darn this. Sagiso is someone I consider a friend and now I find myself roped in this!

However, Azumi's attention shifted to the battle as...as Kiro killed Hashima. Azumi had seen her fair share of death, so she likely would have handled it better than most. Still...the dead silence of the crowd had set the mood.

Seems I am battling Kiro after all...I wonder how he will cope with this? Has he killed before, will this image stay with him in the public's minds? It doesn't matter I suppose...

----------
"HASHIMA!"

Sakura cried out in horror as she saw Hashima's throat slit. As an aspiring medical ninja, Sakura knew Hashima would not survive this. Sakura had not been best friends or anything but Hashima was someone she came to respect and seeing her...seeing her killed caused tears to build up as Ino held her friend and allowed her to cry into her chest. Kenji looked on with a somber expression; uncharacteristic of his usual laid back attitude.

Man, I know she wouldn't quit but...but did this guy need to go that far?

“AHEM.” Kai said, looking at the three ninjas, still standing before the stands of people. “Your Xeno mating rituals sicken me, take them elsewhere or i’ll Kill all three of you for disrupting the peace.

“Oh ho ho so you want to fight too?” Zaku asked Kai. “So someone else want to date me eh?”

“I WOULD NEVER LIE WITH A XENO!”

“Sheesh Alright...” Zaku winced from Kai’s sharp tone. “So then ladies, how about we take this to the loading bay down below if we want to continue this fight, eh?”

Zaku then noticed Kiro’s platform start to lower. His battle had finished. It would be Kiro Vs Azumi and Zaku Vs Katsuo. The semifinals. Blood had spilled over from Hashima’s neck, as Zaku just grunted at the sight.

“Looks like Kiro really had it in ‘em. I’m going to the loading bay anyway for the semifinals. I could squeeze both of your fights in before then if you like~”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku watched the fight end, but he didn't really care at the outcome. Once he saw Hashima's throat get slit, he didn't even cry. He stood up and headed to the stairs to the participants room. Eventually he reached Hashima's dead body and Kiro. He just stared at the corpse, not even bothering to look up.

"I remember you."

Kiro tried his best to wipe the blood off of him as he walked down the stairs. He honestly had no idea where he was going until he actually arrived. When he reached the bottom, he was immediately surrounded by medical ninja. “Just get this disgusting blood off of me!” Kiro complained as he was taken away by the medical ninja.

From what Kiro had seen, he would be facing up against Azumi. He hadn’t really seen her in action but he expected her to be strong. As for the other battles, the one that surprised him the most was Sagisō’s. Kiro couldn’t help but grin at the irony. ‘And she called me lame... pathetic.’

Kiro hadn’t even used his ultimate technique yet, which meant that he still had something unknown up his sleeve. Kiro knew Azumi had to have seen most of his battle with Hashima. Most of his techniques were known by her at this point and Kiro hadn’t even one of Azumi’s battle. Once again, he felt as if his opponent had an unfair advantage. That didn’t bother Kiro though. He had already shown what he was capable of. It wasn’t his proudest moment, but he’ll take what he could get.

By the time Kiro was all healed, he walked out the room to see Hashima’s dead body just laying there. “Damn, these Leaf ninja are crazy.” Kiro muttered under his breath before he heard someone speak to him in a dark tone. Kiro didn’t even notice Raiku was there. “I’m sorry.” Kiro said without considering his words. There was nothing else he could say to the boy. Atleast nothing meaningful.

Last edited:
"Well, I wouldn't want you to be too beat up to attend your next match, but it can't be helped..." Sagisō lowered her stance, walking off towards the underground loading dock. She scaled the stairs and entered the loading bay she was met with the rather oppressively somber attitudes of Kiro and Raiku. When she recognized the Uchiha her eyes glossed over the dead body of his opponent, "While you've got no sense of direction, your kunai sure are accurate..." She walked to the other side of the room leaning against the wall and awaiting her opponent. "Don't take it to heart, at least you gave her a swift death, that could already be considered merciful."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"I-I'm sorry Tomiko..."

Yasu looked back to the screen on the wall just in time to see Hashima's throat slit open. He took a sharp breath in and exhaled, looking back now to Tomiko.

"That's the reason I can't promise anything, but still want you to. I don't want something like that happening to you, but if it does I want to be able to give my all to do something about it. I don't want to have to hold back."

The blood on Hashima's body pooled around her, and Yasu was reminded once again of the pool of his own blood he layed in after his fight with Zaku.

That just as easily could have been me.

“Hm...looks like you’ve done a number on her.” Zaku examined the death sight of Hashima, as medical personnel rushed in to reclaim the body. “Nice to see the both of us make it to the semifinals. If anyone deserved the spots, it would be me and you.”

The two curse marks pulsated like a heartbeat upon getting in close proximity to each other. Zaku twitched as it happened, but figured to ignore it. The orphan next to Zaku tugged on his shirt. Zaku bent over as the kid whispered in his ear.

“Boss...I don’t know about this fight.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, it kind of seems like a way to weaken you for the fight to come.”

“Heh, don’t worry kid. Even if she does some
Damage to me, i’ll Just call it off. This is just a nice little treat with a big reward if I win.”

Zaku stood up from the whispering of plans with the kid and turned to the people in the room.

“So! It’s Sagiso and Azumi vs me eh? Anyone else want to join in and be my wife? Or husband, I’m open minded.”

Sagisō brought her hand to her mouth and made a 'speak no evil' gesture, "Quit your blathering-", she took a single step forward instantly crossing the distance between her and Zaku, her figure alighting gently behind him, "or you'll get defeated before you know it." Although she hadn't really displayed it in her previous battle, she was in no way slower that Katsuo, who already had quite a terrifying level of speed. In fact, she was likely even faster than him if she resorted to the Flickering wind shadow. She'd hesitated to use that particular technique because she wouldn't be able to escape and recover during these tournament style matches. Attacks that caused self-harm were in no way helping her sustainability in a battle she couldn't escape from, so she simply opted not to use it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I didn't ask for you to apologize."

Raiku looked up and looked around as there were now new people. He knew what they were capable of from watching their fights... but they seemed quite different in real life.

"How about we just have a talk... Uchiha-to-Uchiha."

Raiku whispered the three words to Kiro's ear.

Zaku blinked, noticing that Sagiso has somehow maneuvered a way around him. She couldn’t have that much chakra, even if it were somewhat replenished from the medical nin. He cocked his head back, and gave her a grin.

“Looks like I’m getting a wife! Precise Decapatating airwaves!”

Cutting to lethal moves quickly, His two hands aimed behind him, and blasted two powerful, but thin bursts of air. Like sniper rounds, their echos boomed inside the interior of the area, as the projectiles shot toward the extremely close Sagiso, very little distance between them already

Sagisō spun on her toes, one stream of air slicing past her back, and the other encountering the tip of her silk-steel clad finger, coated with a thin layer of wind-natured chakra, a technique similar to Yasu's neutralization, something she had no issue with shamelessly copying. Well, it wasn't an outright copy of the technique. She had been able to watch all the battles of the Chūnin exams simultaneously thanks to the range granted by her eyes, and she'd seen exactly how Zaku battled. What she'd currently done was a combination of Zaku's precise decapitating airwaves and Yasu's neutralization, a thin concentrated burst of wind chakra that allowed her to cancel out techniques of similar scale and with the addition of her gloves, she didn't fear Zaku's sound waves. Although she'd been able to deal with the attack itself, the force behind the 'bullet' still stung fiercely.

Her remaining hand whipped out, flicking at Zaku's arm. She'd be able to disrupt his implants simply by interfering with the chakra pathways in his arms. All it took was a single tap to effectively cripple her opponent's means of offense.

Kiro took Sagisō’s comments with a grain of salt. She may have been right but Kiro didn’t care. When Zaku came in, he felt a similar pulsating affect with his curse and grabbed before letting it go. Kiro was also going to ask about the boy with Zaku, but he was interrupted by Raiku.

Kiro clenched his fists as he heard Raiku speak in such a manner to him. He had tried to be apologetic but it didn’t work. Kiro believed he knew what this supposed talk would lead to and he didn’t feel like wasting his time. “I honestly don’t care what you have to say.” Kiro said backing away before he heard the commotion behind him. “And I suggest you get out of here before those two kill you. You didn’t even pass the first round after all.” Kiro mocked Raiku before he turned around to watch the battle. He turned just in time to see the battle begin between Zaku and Sagisō, completely ignoring Raiku.

Kiro had no idea what Zaku was arguing about but he already knew what side he was on. “Lame...” Kiro spoke under his breath as he watched Sagisō basically teleport next to Zaku. He could do that about five times faster while in lightning armor if he felt like it. As he continued to watch the battle, Kiro still didn’t understand why Sagisō forfeited. “What an idiot! Who forfeits just to battle right after?!” Kiro was completely baffled by Sagisō ideology that he didn’t realize he was speaking aloud. Even though Kiro said that, he found himself enjoying the seemingly pointless battle.

Zaku, growled, as she seemed to be countering his moves. What’s with his chick? It’s like she somehow expected that attack! Knowing full well she was a hyugga, an expert hand to hand fighter, Zaku switched his precise settings to a new one, and as she seemed to come to retaliate with melee combat, he through himself on the ground to avoid the attack. his side falling on the ground, still pointing his implants at her.

“Decapatating airwaves!!”

Putting some chakra into the attack, he sent two devestating streams of air, one high and the other low, sweeping them across her area. His legs weren’t firm on the ground to make a chakra footing, so the force sent him sliding in the opposite direction

Sagiso lept lightly into an aerial roll, her body horizontally aligned. She spun with a rather 'casual' rotation to her but was still a speed of several hundred kilometers per hour. A horrendously piercing screech tore through the air as her hands came into contact with the airwaves position both above and below her. The concentration of chakra in her fingers meaning that as her fingers interacted with the airwaves they were able to slice clean through them, just like a concentrated stream of water could slice through solid steel, or similar to how Zaku's precise decapitation airwaves were more penetration than his normal airwaves.

As she landed only a single of her legs touched down, the other swinging upwards in Kiro's direction before her body left the ground again and a series of aerial kicks were sent out. While she wasn't close enough to physically hit the Uchiha, her wind-style had no issue covering that meager distance. 'Wind Sickle' The blades of wind curved around Kiro, slicing the imprint of his body into the wall behind him.

"People who see these exams as just that, exams! They're not the end-all-be-all, I'm neither Tomiko, Hashima nor Yasu, who'd risk life and limb for the fame of acquiring a 'rank' in the most flamboyant way, and neither am I you or Zaku who'd place the value of a 'rank' above that of a human."

She paused, staring into the Uchiha's eyes. "Tell me, was it worth it? Blood staining your hands all for the sake of a rank that could've easily been achieved otherwise? Ahaha~ Though that's the life of a shinobi! Innocent or Guilty, we'll cut down anyone who's a threat to our goals. Well, I'm the same. We just have different visions. Is winning the Chūnin exams worth the effort needed to kill my opponent? Is it worth the life of my opponent? Is it worth losing a limb? I don't think so, but each to their own I guess. We all place different values on what we see. Maybe if what was at stake had a bit more 'value' to me, I'd still be out there dyeing the fields with my blood, or the blood of my opponent."

She trailed off allowing the Uchiha to ponder her words, "But I guess you really showed us why the Flowers are so Red."

After being thrown back due to the concussive force his attack had shot out, Zaku stood up, watching as Sagiso approached Kiro, interrupting their fight. He growled and peered over at her.

“Hello?? Aren’t you forgetting something?” Zaku stapled his foot on the ground. “Or are you just chickening out? Get away from Kiro!”

“You heard the boss!” The orphan spoke up. “Get away from that guy!”

The little boy went up to Sagiso, aiming to kick her ankles several times. Zaku watched as he ran up to her, not actually expecting to get physical for Zaku’s interests. This kid...

"QUIT YOUR YAPPING!" She growled out, and then in a much calmer voice, she spoke,"I'll deal with you in a moment. I want to hear his response..." Although she hadn't moved from her spot, she was well and able to see the kid as he charged up to her. Her hand swiftly approached his forehead, but instead of piercing through the child's head, a burst of wind blow the young boy back towards Zaku. She'd softened her chakra as her fingers approached the kid, releasing a gentle gale instead of a piercing wind as her fingers came into contact with him.

"and hold the child, lest he gets hurt."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tears rolled down Taiyo's face, he couldn't believe Hashima died, she saved his life, but he could do nothing to save her's. Now she was dead and he was alive, for the first time in a while, he felt grief for someone else, this was going terribly, first his arms and then. Finally, Taiyo had enough of being trapped in this hospital room, he kicked the door open and ran to the arena to mourn over her death.

Kiro couldn’t tell whether or not Sagisō had purposely sent her attack his way. He had just considered himself a spectator to this sparring match and lacked the motivation to try and join in. Besides, two guys ganging up against a girl didn’t seem right.

Kiro shivered as he felt the blades of wind pass through him. It wasn’t as if he wanted to, but his body needed some way to react. Kiro tilted his head behind him to see the damage and instead found an imprint of his body on the wall. “Wow.” He let out a slight snicker before he turned back to face Sagisō just before she started to speak.

While listening to Sagisō’s rant, Kiro suppressed his urge to give out any expression of amusement. She even had the nerve to look him in the eyes, which Kiro returned. ‘Atleast she isn’t a coward.’ Kiro still kept himself from activating his sharingan. It was just a friendly conversation after all, there was no need to get violent.

“It’s alright Zaku, just please excuse my interruption of your battle. If the girl has words for me, then I’ll gladly listen and respond.” Kiro spoke before committing his attention fully to Sagisō.

“Do you think for one second I wanted to kill her? If I wanted to kill her, she would’ve been dead in the first minute.” Kiro asked, still managing to keep his tone calm. As for the rest of Sagisō’s rant... “You’re right though... about the other stuff.” Kiro responded as he looked down. ‘Did I just say she was right?’ Kiro mentally cursed his honesty, but it couldn’t be helped.

“I don’t regret my actions.” Kiro softly spoke as he looked at his hands. Though the blood wasn’t there, the mental image of it was still fresh. “But in this world, showing vulnerability will always come with a punishment. It may not be now, tomorrow, next week, or even next year. Your actions are always remembered by those who see it.” Kiro looked back up at Sagisō, staring into her eyes this time, not bothered by her byakugan.

“I don’t know about you, but I like to think that I’ve seen just a fraction of the horrors in the ninja world. Truth, mercy, regret... those things mean nothing to someone who has only death in their sights. That’s the problem with this system. Everything is corrupted. The ninja system asks us to train our children for the purpose of continuing this cycle. I mean, think about it. The villages we live in, the clans we’re born into. All of us. What is our purpose? We live and die by the ninja creed, most of us bred to be killing machines. Even here, I just killed someone for the slight chance at moving up a rank. Stupid, isn’t it? This ninja system, it’s like that red flower. The system is the seed. Those that choose to avoid or even fight this system are punished by being nothing more than the petals on the red flower. Their blood is the red. Unfortunately, that’s the world we live in. I’d rather be part of the stem than the petals that die and fly off with the wind.” Kiro took a breath after he spoke. He didn’t expect to go off in such a tangent. However, Kiro did find himself intrigued by his own words.

“I do find it ironic how you did bring up a red flower. While you may think it shows blood, which it can, it’s actually quite the opposite. It actually symbolizes love...” Kiro didn’t like the word. It was an emotion he had lost long ago and one that he didn’t expect back. “But also strength and desire. In that sense, you are right. I will seek the strength in order to reach what I desire.” Kiro told Sagisō, still unsure as to why he suddenly found himself to captivated about this topic. Maybe in his future, he could understand these thoughts and feelings more.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku watched the fight with mild interest. Though he listened to Sagiso's and Kiro's rants. It didn't affect him in particular though.

"Interesting point of view... though I'll tell you one thing. I didn't care about your apology because I didn't care that Hashima died. Though I have a question... have you ever considered why any of us are ninja? Do you have a purpose? If you do, that may answer your question."

Raiku then pointed at the back of his cloak.

"That's my reason. I care about my family and clan and want to protect them."

Azumi had watched the exchange between Zaku, Sagiso and some kid who Zaku seemed to have attached to his hip. And Kiro. This situation only got more needlessly complicated as she observed. In truth this actually gave Azumi a chance to see more of Zaku's talents so it had not been a total waste. However, she had no desire to be anyone's housewife and placed her hand on her umbrella as she eyed Zaku and the kid.

"Indeed. This is between us, no one else." Azumi explained before she heard Kiro's exchange as he dissected the entire ninja system though in her opinion he only scratched the surface as she had first-hand seen how cruel this ninja world can be with her own eyes. Memories of her destroyed home flashing back before she shook her head as she faced Kiro.

"If you were so powerful, resolution without death was possible. The fact it led to this showed you were either pressured till you had no choice or that was just your subconscious response. But that is how we ninja live, deep down we are all killers and will have that impulse in the heat of battle. You say that is how the system is...I say its those who control the world we live in now that made it such a bloody path. Who profited and thrived off the blood and misery of others. A chance has to be made, a change will be made..." Azumi said, as she seemed to fault the sorrow of this ninja world on the powerful nations who stood at the top though kept this along with what "change" she meant rather vague.

-----------
Tomiko's eyes widened as she saw Hashima's throat slit as she turned away from the screen. Death was a part of the ninja life, Tomiko had been taught as much. But, for such an exam? Tomiko felt that had been needless, and the fact it was Kiro of all people who did the deed had not helped matters.

Madoka saw this and had a composed expression, even if she felt pity for the kunoichi who perished. Still between this and Yasu's words Madoka turned her attention back to the pair as they seemed to just disregard what she had said moments ago.

"Look, you both needs to reevaluate how you do things. Because that could have been the both of you oh so easily. Whether it's stubborn pride..." Madoka said with a glance to Tomiko.

"....or a desire to fight "in honor" of another..." Madoka said with a glance to Yasu.

"....pushing yourselves to the point of suicide is not commendable. It is stupid, and I won't let you two give yourselves early trips to the grave.

-----------
"Sakura, I am not sure we are supposed to be here."

"I don't care. I am gonna pay final respects to Hashima."

"I get that, but...can't it wait for the funeral?"

"Sorry Ino. She was a worthy opponent and we got on good terms after our match. This is just...something I have to do."

Sakura, Kenji and Ino had walked downstairs and began to make their way towards where Hashima's body would be. Sakura had finally composed herself after the traumatic experience though had insisted on finding Hashima's body to pay some final respects. After much insistence, she finally got Ino and Kenji around on the idea as the trio journeyed underground till they found Hashima's body...along with several of the competing Genin and others who seemed to be in a battle of their own. None of them expected this, though for whatever reason Kenji felt now had been the time to say something after a quiet walk up to this point.

"So, um....I take it you guys are busy?" Kenji asked with a sheepish grin.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tsuki returned this smile as she walked to catch up to Taiyo who was now beginning to evaluate why he wanted to be a ninja.
"Why am I a ninja?" Taiyo decided to share to Raiku what lead to him becoming a ninja, "At first, it was a game, I thought it was supposed to make me into some kind of hero everyone looks up too. But now, I see that walking the path of the shinobi is rooted with pain and sacrifice. Now, I am willing to sacrifice so others don't have to, even if the sacrifice in question is my life," He stared at his ruined arms, they might never heal, but he had to hope they could, amputation would never work as well as it should.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Y-You're right Madoka, I'm sorry for acting such a fool."

Yasu looked to the girls, his expression growing ever more serious.

"Listen Tomiko, neither of us are doing that again. If we need to run... or forfeit, then we're doing just that. I don't like it either, but I'll promise you now. So you're gonna have to do the same for me."

He now faced Madoka. "Thanks Madoka... for making me realize how stupid it was to risk my life out there."

"Love, Strength, Desire, the will to protect... All very noble reasons to justify your actions. But that'll never change what you've done. Whether it was to protect yourself, to protect your loved ones, because of hatred, to move up the ranks... the end result is that you've killed, and truth be told, your victim likely had the same ideals as yourself."

She paused, her gaze wavering slightly as she stared down the Uchiha, "In the end, what truly separates those of us who are 'shinobi' from those who are merely psychopaths is our conviction. Yours... stems from desire, but after you've achieved your goal... what then? What of the corpses that lined your path to success? Can you really tell yourself, decades from now, that all the blood on your hand was worth it?"

Her expression darkened ever so slightly, a hint of resignation in her voice. "It's just as Azumi said, you were forced to make a choice because you were too weak to do otherwise. In this world, there's only one thing required to kill, and that is the intent to kill. Your justifications can only console your conscience, but they can't change what you've done- and that's fine. As long as in the end, you're at peace with yourself, knowing that all the blood you've shed was of your own choice, not because you were a victim of circumstances."

"If you were going to let the regret over her death plague you, then that simply means you should've given up. You weren't resolved to reap a life over the rank of chūnin, and your intent was lacking. To believe completely in your own actions and goals, your nindo, regardless of the outcome and the load that accompanies it...that is what it means to be a shinobi, that it was it means to be one who endures." She gave Kiro a hard stare as she finished her rather long-winded speech.

"Anything else makes you either a coward who hides behind his personal ideals of 'truth & justice' or an outright 'psychopath'." Her gaze was tranquil, questioning Kiro's conviction, forcing him to identify which category he belonged to- but with a sigh, she broke eye contact. "Isn't blaming it on the world kinda lame? Isn't the reason why you picked up ninjutsu because you didn't wish to be bent to the whims of the strong? Accept that you weren't strong enough...this time, a strive to change that."

Completely finished with what she had to say, she whisked her hand through her hair, throwing back the ropes of the dark thread that lined her face. Her focus returned to Zaku and with an almost impatient voice, she scolded, "Are you going to stay on the floor all day? Or do you really think I'll charge over there after having given you so much time to...I don't know, set a trap? Why else would you still be lying in such an unadvantageous position?"

“Disadvantageous? What makes you think it was an accident! You just gave me time enough to win!”

Zaku, his hands on the ground during that entire conversation, has pumped air directly through the ground and had tunneled deep enough to go directly under Sagiso during that time period. He was anxious to do it, but was waiting for Kiro to be finished with her. Under her, a jet stream of air erupted directly, like a geiser made out of ripping airwaves. Since her mental focus was on Kiro most of this time, he had hoped to catch her off guard.

The orphan, who had been punked to the side so easily by Sagiso, fell with an thud to the ground. He rubbed his head and pointed directly at her with a new determination.

“You’ll never marry boss! He’s too good for you!”

Azumi listened to Sagiso's words, and to a degree she did agree with her friend. If Kiro really desired an alternative to death, he could have made it easily enough. Especially if he had been as powerful as he boasted about. Though one comment Sagiso made that regarded whether what one does to reach their goals was worth it. A variation of whether the ends justified the means was a disagreement Azumi desired to keep to herself.

Sometimes it is not. When the goal is petty and purely self serving. But what I will have to do to make my desire a reality is worth any sacrifice. Both to my body and personal legacy...

Azumi's focus shifted to Zaku's trash talk as she focused to Sagiso who was likely the target. On an impulse, before the "geiser" would erupt Azumi charged over to Zaku who was in a helpless position as she pulled her umbrella off and aimed to deliver a bone-crushing strike to the right side...including his right arm and aimed to slam him while he was vulnerable.

Sakura, Ino & Kenji watched all this with confused expressions as Sakura turned over to Kiro and the others in the room who had not been fighting.

"What is going on!?" Sakura asked as her question mirrored the ones that Ino and Kenji had.

----------

Madoka gave a nod to Yasu, thankful he was able to get the picture, as her focus shifted to Tomiko who bit her lip. It was clear the idea of just giving up was not one she'd consciously prefer to make but between what happened to Yasu on top of Madoka's words and what happened to Hashima finally caused Tomiko to swallow her pride as she took a deep breath before she faced Yasu.

"I...I will promise that. If for nothing else so that I don't have you guys worry over me." Tomiko finally said, had not been easy to choke those words out but it appeared she'd agree to it for now. Though only time would tell how her or Yasu's words would hold up to practice.

Zaku’s eyes looked over to a Azumi, as she prepared to intercept. He scoffed, turning his head to the wall behind him. All of a sudden, a even bigger burst of air came from the wall, erupting inches from Azumi, covering a large are of the field. With her current momentum, it would be tricky not to get cut up like a blender.

“You honestly didn’t think I’d used both my hands?!” Zaku bragged, his second hand commanding the attack on Azumi. “I haven’t forgotten about you!”

He had effectively seperated them, his tactic had appearing weak had brough azumi toward him, falling right into the same trap that would no doubt engulf Sagiso as well.

Sagisō screamed, her voice shrill as she was knocked into the air by the barrage of sound waves. As her body gained altitude her screams died down and with a flip, she stuck herself to the room's ceiling. "...just kidding." While trying to sneak attack her had been an excellent idea... it wasn't very feasible. She was more than capable of paying attention to two things at the same time, and more importantly, all that chakra Zaku had been pumping into the ground was very hard to miss. She'd merely jumped before the soundwave had a chance to erupt and then acted as if she'd gotten hit.

From where she stood on the ceiling, the sound wave was no longer strong enough to harm her, having expended much of its energy pulverizing the ground beneath. Leaping from the ceiling she flipped seven times before landed lightly on the ground, each flip having sent a sickle of wind towards Zaku. The Seven sickles cut through the air, quite intent on interrupting Zaku's assault on Azumi. However, that wasn't the end of her assault. The second she alighted on the ground Sagisō rushed outwards, hiding in the wind of her Wind-sythes, uses them as a shield as she approached Zaku.

Indeed Azumi's momentum had been a problem. Something the Ame-nin countered as she held her umbrella behind her and opened it up and the kick back of the wind that Zaku generated actually pushed her away from the Oto-nin towards a free wall where she quickly folded back up her umbrella and stuck to the wall before she formed some quick hand signs.

"You are the only one naive here." Azumi replied before she quickly formed a parachute using some cloth and a kunai with a paper bomb attached to it and sent it above Zaku and the air current of he generated from the wind of the wall. The explosive range would be powerful enough to reach Zaku without putting the kunai in the path of the wind current either from Zaku or Sagiso who thankfully had managed to avoid the underground burst.

Zaku was alarmed, looking at the attacks that both of the ninja attacking him were using. He knew one hand alone on either of them could not stop their assaults. Crap...! Zaku, who’s hands were already on the ground, knew he would even react fast enough to raise his hands in the air to blast away at the togther. That left only one option.

“Splicing sound fall!”

He pumped in a large amount of Chakra into the ground, created a large crack that created a complete circle around him. Out of the crack, a. Combined burst of air of both his implants erupted fiercely in synch. This blast was used in Yasu’s battle to dissipate all of his attempted air assaults and explosions, so he assumed that it would be the best bet here against similar attacks.

Azumi frowned as the cracks in the ground and the sound waves Zaku had generated managed to block the explosion from her paper bomb. Whether it had down the same to Sagiso's wind attacks was irrelevant. The crack around Zaku presented an opportunity.

The moment the attack would end, the precise moment the air would have began to die down, Azumi would flash a series of hand signs and using water of her canteens and with water made out of pure chakra generated a water clone as the water clone pulled out an umbrella and charged Zaku as it aimed to strike the him at the skull of the head with its umbrella. Least that had been the intention.

Once Azumi would send the clone, unknown to Zaku when it happened, Azumi would trigger an explosive bomb in the clone's pouch as it charged Zaku. So even if the umbrella attack had not hit he'd be met with an explosive surprise. Though even then that was just part of Azumi's plan...

Last edited:
Sagisō smiled lightly, "Offense is the best Defense eh?"

She snorted, her hands whipping into a series of hand seals. She hadn't stopped moving even for a moment, and her hand seals finished mere moments before the sound-wave washed over her. She took a deep breath, sucking in the surrounding air and removing the medium through which Zaku's attack traveled. The devastating attack skimmed over the bubble of air the kunoichi had emptied, rushing past before new air could take it's placed, leaving Sagisō effectively untouched. In the blink of an eye, the sound wave had rushed past and Sagisō was before Zaku. "Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere!"

Wind bullets jetted past the sound-ninja carving past his head, taking a few locks of hair with them. Sagisō had intentionally diverted her attacks, she had no real reason to deliver a possibly fatal blow. Her fingers shot out, coming to rest on Zaku's forehead, but they no longer contained any chakra. She flicked her opponent, before delivering a teasing, "I think you've just lost..."

Zaku stood speechless. He didn’t know how to take what had just happened. He had figured since she hadn’t used wind jutsu, that he was superior with the justu of the future on his side. But it had appeared that’s sagiso had one upped him. He closed his eyes and chuckled.

“It appears so.” Zaku batted her fingers away before crossing his arms. “For fighting two shinobi that made it to the final exam, I didn’t do half bad, even if I did fail.”

Zaku put relaxed his posture, turning into a more passive state. He had to admit, Sagiso was good. Azumi didn’t find a way around his barrier, which gave him hope for the future of the exam. Sagiso was the only one to use air against him and succeed in that fashion, which left an impression on the sound ninja to say the least. The orphan ran over to Zaku, tugging on his sleeves and looking him over for injuries.

“Boss! Are you okay? Are you hurt?!”

“I’m fine kid, really.”

“Kou, my name is Kou.”

Kiro just stood silent as he listened to what Raiku, Azumi, Sagisō and anyone else who had spoken to him. They must’ve misunderstood or rather, he hadn’t made it clear enough. It seemed that they thought he had some type of regret or something for killing Hashima. Sagisō’s comments annoyed him the most. However, he just stayed cool and composed as he listened to her. After she was done speaking down on him like he was some peasant, Sagisō just turned away from him to go back to her previous engagement. It seemed Kiro had bought Zaku enough time to build up a surprise attack that didn’t lead to anything.

So he was a coward, mislead by a system? Too weak to divert death? Kiro clenched his fists and instead started to chuckle. When Raiku asked him what was his purpose, Kiro didn’t have an answer. The truth was, he didn’t know his purpose nor did he expect to understand it until he was dead. Kiro couldn’t believe the question. ‘Purpose?’ Kiro questioned as to why one would place their purpose on something so early in their life. “How could one know what their true purpose was until they have lived out their lives?” Kiro asked Raiku, questioning the fellow Uchiha. Kiro didn’t see anyway to determine his own purpose at such an early is. If he did, Kiro felt like he would be setting needless limitations on himself.

His thoughts went back to Azumi’s statement while the others went back to their fight. If anything, Azumi almost confirmed his ideology. The big difference was the fact she instead blamed the nations for their situation. Kiro supposed Azumi had a point there. However, he had a feeling that he might have some time to understand her more during their eventual battle.

That just left the supposed princess herself. Sagisō had systematically gone through his whole claim and dissected each part of it. It honestly pissed Kiro off that she had forfeited. It made Kiro wonder if Sagisō felt as if she was already better than everyone here. The term ‘princess’ did fit her in that sense. As Kiro watched the battle, he could tell Sagisō had Zaku handled. It was only a matter of time before things went South for Zaku.

However, that didn’t bother Kiro. It was her words that hit him the most. ‘She’s right, isn’t she?’ Kiro unwillingly questioned himself. Was he so weak that he couldn’t control his actions? Was he just using the system as an excuse for his own brutality? ‘No.’ Kiro opened and closed his hands as he continued to think. It was hard to believe Sagisō, this girl, had made him question his conviction. This had not been the first time he killed, nor would it be last. The only difference that this kill had was the fact that there were thousands of people watching. Probably even more once word spread through the other nations of the murder. ‘How cruel they all say?‘ Kiro cursed at the irony there. This was nothing compared to the brutality that other ninja commited for even worse reasons. When those goons killed his mother for a simple robbery, no one said crap. But since Kiro had killed so publicly, it was frowned upon. Not only that but the idea he killed just for a ranking. That idea was starting to annoy him now.

The more Kiro thought about it, the more he realized something. What difference did it honestly make if he killed Hashima? If she didn’t forfeit, he was going to kill her. He had already stated that and he firmly meant it back then. All he really did was act on his word. Kiro realized that it wasn’t an accident when he killed Hashima, instead, Kiro moved on his own free will. Kiro chuckled once again as he finally broke through Sagisō’s words. Zaku’s battle was done by this point.

Kiro’s laughter went away when he started to speak, opting for a more serious tone. He didn’t care if Sagisō or anyone else heard him for that matter. “You’re right, I was making an excuse. How cowardly of me, right? The system may have led me to this, but I was the one who killed her. I didn’t have to kill her, but you know what, I killed her anyways. I gave her mercy and she spat at it, so I killed her. Simple as that.” By this point, Kiro had walked up to Hashima’s dead body.

“From your earlier statement, I’m guessing you think I can see the future.” Kiro closed his eyes as he acted like he saw something. “Wow, I just saw complete darkness. I wonder what that means.” Kiro spoke after he opened his eyes, clearly trying to mock Sagisō. “How the hell am I or anyone for that matter going to know what happens to them in the next ten, twenty, or however many years in the future?!” Kiro questioned in a more serious tone. “People always thinking about the future. If you look so far ahead, you’ll never see what’s right in front of you.” Kiro stated, as he looked down at Hashima’s body, feeling no remorse at all. Instead, he felt a sense of proudness at what he accomplished.

“The point of these exams is to determine who is willing to take the next step as a ninja. If you can’t get your hands dirty, then what use are you on the battlefield? In a war, there is no remorse, no second thoughts. You don’t think about the person in front of you. Screw their family, their ideals and dreams. I’m pretty sure you kill them because if you don’t, they will kill you. Maybe now it seems wrong to kill someone just for the rank of chunin, but in reality, it makes a difference. You may not care right now because you seem to be capable yourself.” Kiro paused for a moment as he looked at Zaku, who had given up. Then he looked back at Sagisō. “But that’s just your opinion. You may be right, but it honestly doesn’t make a difference whether it’s right or wrong. This leads to my question. If you weren’t willing to make some sacrifices, why would you even show up? From what I’ve seen, I’m pretty sure that you would not have lost your match if you really wanted to win. Are you really that concerned about losing a limb or killing someone? And don’t give me the bullshit excuse of the ranking. We both know that there even worse things that people kill for. If the ranking is truly the case, then you shouldn’t have even showed up.” Kiro questioned before he placed his hands in his pockets and sighed. “It doesn’t even matter really. I’m just glad that I don’t have to worry about wasting my energy on you if we had matched up...”