• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Azumi let out a grunt as she felt the unexpected kick to her back though she had been quick to turn around to face Taiyo. Seemed that he had some fight left in him after all, which had been a surprise to Azumi though Azumi had not been prepared to allow this spark from Taiyo to throw her off.

Indeed you can still fight...I'll have to correct that.

Azumi charged forward as she aimed to deliver a strike across Taiyo's chest with her umbrella.

------------
Tomiko avoided direct eye contact, though Madoka gazed on Yasu's body and took note it had appeared objectively beat up.

"I can see that, but you are alive. Which is the important thing." Madoka reminded Yasu as Tomiko had began to tear up. Something that would have been unthinkable from the Iwa-nin when the exams had began. Madoka turned to Tomiko and had a look of concern.

"Are you okay?" Madoka asked as Tomiko simply shook her head "no" as she tried to wipe her tears. Something that had been made difficult given her casts so Madoka took a handkerchief and wiped them for Tomiko which the Iwa-nin appreciated before she felt the obligation to explain herself.

"It's...it's all my fault. If I hadn't insisted on that promise...if I wasn't a factor, you might not have ended up like this. Yasu I...I am so sorry." Tomiko said to Yasu with a tone of sorrow and regret as tears began to form again before she looked away and Madoka again had began to wipe them away.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu sighed one of his signature sighs and looked up at the girls, specifically Tomiko.

"No, it's not your fault. I'm the one at fault here... The rat was right, I'm weak. If I wasn't so useless then you wouldn't be upset like this. So I'll get stronger." Yasu's voice wavered, he held back his own tears to protect his appearence. "I'll get stronger, so that you won't have to cry again..."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo blocked the strike by using his left broken arm to smack the umbrella away, which let out a gush of blood. It hurt alot, but Taiyo kept fighting despite him in need of urgent care.
"If I don't do this I don't deserve to become a Chunin, I must defeat you, even if it breaks my body," Taiyo gritted his teeth as he let out a battle cry and rapidly kicked Azumi.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kabuto rose up, putting on his disguise medical nin surgeon mask and hood. “It seems your stable, your head wounds are fully healed and your chest wound has mostly recovered. Be careful of the slashed part of your side though, I’m good but not that good.”

Zaku had a large bandage wrapped around his chest under his shirt, which he exchanged to blood coated one with a new one. His side gash had been cauterized but not gone. For the most part, Zaku got off lucky as far as wounds are concerned. He stood up and stretched, only aching pain was remaining compared to the sharp bleeding that was there before.

“Heh, i’ll Be fine Kabuto, no one has noticed the mark yet. I still have an ace in the hole.”

“It’s not about tools at your desposal Zaku, it’s how you use them. Precision is better than untamed power, don’t be reckless. I may not be able to patch you up next time.”

With that, Kabuto walked off up a stairway to who knows where. Zaku shrugged of the sound ninja’s words as nagging. Tsk, it’s like he doesn’t have faith in me. Who am I gonna be fighting next anyways? Yasu was easy to counter, but I can’t say the same for some others. I hope I don’t fight ‘him.’ Zaku made his way to the stands, carefully watching the fights, mainly that Battles of Sagiso vs Katsuo, and Hashima Vs Kiro, as one as his next opponet, and the other was his most likely sound comrade. Now to watch the fireworks

Azumi scowled. Whether it had been the resolve Taiyo had or Azumi's own sore muscles, Taiyo had managed to smack her umbrella away from his body as blood flew and Taiyo had made his resolve clear. Azumi quickly pulled her umbrella back as she began to block the furious and frantic kicks from Taiyo to the best of her ability. Azumi had been pushed back little by little and grit her teeth as in spite of her own limitations she knew Taiyo had been on his literal last legs.

So it would be the legs she focused on, as she jumped back to get just outside of Taiyo's kicking range. Then Azumi aimed to deliver a powerful sweet with her umbrella aimed to damage Taiyo's lets and knock him off his feet in one swift motion.

-------------
Yasu's words, which she had been sure was a means of trying to reassure her, only made the Iwa-nin feel worse. The idea that someone she considered a friend desired to grow just so that she would not cry again seemed to say that Tomiko had been so weak she needed someone to get stronger for her own sake. Or as far as Tomiko's own emotionally frazzled mind perceived.

Though she kept that from being shown, as Tomiko simple offered a nod while Madoka wiped away the tears from her eyes before Madoka decided to speak up.

"Will you both stop. Neither of you are weak. You both showed plenty of heart and strength in your battles. Just cause you lose one match does not make you a loser. We all need to learn from this experience and grow so we'll get that much better." Madoka advised to the both of them as somebody had to try and lift their damaged spirits.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu shook his head with a smile at Madoka's. He understood what she was trying to say, but he couldn't believe her.

"If I wasn't weak then I wouldn't be here right now, I would be preparing for the next round. If I wasn't weak then Tomiko... she wouldn't be crying."

Yasu looked down, his resolve to appear strong in front of Tomiko clearly weakening.

"You two should go... I'll be in here for at least a week or two and I don't wanna keep you guys..."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo noticed this swift motion ment to sweep him off his feet, the minute he was on the ground, it would be over for him, his broken arms couldn't support his body. So Taiyo summoned some of his leg strength and jumped over Azumi, landing behind her and throwing out a powerful kick to the back.

As if I will let you do that again!

Azumi cursed as Taiyo jumped over her sweep, and it seemed he aimed to replicate the kick to the back he delivered to her earlier. Though Azumi had been one to learn from her past mistakes and this time had an answer to it. Quickly she brought her umbrella up and moved it over her back and managed to block the kick from Taiyo; though it had pushed her forward a bit. Azumi quickly turned around as she held her umbrella forward and decided on a new plan of attack.

Azumi charged forward, seemingly with the intent to perform another sweep at the legs with her umbrella. However, this time she opened her umbrella and jumped as she glided through the air; just hovering above the ground at high speeds as she aimed to deliver a knee to Taiyo's jaw.

-----------
"If I wasn't weak then I wouldn't be here right now, I would be preparing for the next round. If I wasn't weak then Tomiko... she wouldn't be crying."

At that, Tomiko's face darkened. Perhaps she understood that Yasu had meant well, but the reason Tomiko had cried was not what Yasu had thought it was. Though Tomiko seemed unwilling to comment on that as she simply gave a nod to Yasu.

"I understand. I hope you get some rest and recover quickly. I won't be a bother to you." Tomiko said with a somewhat sullen tone before she walked out of the room. Madoka saw this and Yasu's tone that dismissed her point as she let out a sigh while she had pinched the bridge of her nose.

Fantastic. Just what I needed to deal with today...

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu watched as Tomiko left the room, she had a dejected and dark look on her face. Yasu laid his head back on the bed he was on and looked up at the ceiling.

The one thing I can't predict and plan for... of course it's girls.

He turned his attention back to the girl who was still in the room.

"Hey Madoka, can I talk to you for a second? I didn't wanna say this with Tomiko in the room... Truth is, my arm probably won't be the same after all of this. Also, while I'm in here I won't be able to watch her. So please, make sure she doesn't do anything reckless. I don't want another incident like before, especially if I'm not gonna be there."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo desperately attempted to block Azumi's knee with his right broken arm, but when he did, more blood spilled out, causing Taiyo to scream out in pain. The crowd was starting to get concerned, if this went on, Taiyo's arms might be beyond repair.
"As if I'd let you become a Chunin, I'll die before I surrender,"

The words echoed through Tsuki's head, whoever this kid was, his resolve and spirit was incredible, but he might end up dying if he kept taking hits like this. A tear rolled down her face, she hated death, she couldn't let this happen.

Azumi frowned at Taiyo. It seemed quite clear to her and anyone watching that Taiyo's struggles were futile. Yet he pressed on, and those arms might be crippled beyond repair. Seemed pointless from her perspective, but Azumi decided that if this was how Taiyo wanted it then that is how it was going to be.

"Very well. If that is what you wish, just don't have any regrets over your decision." Azumi replied flatly before she charged again, seemingly going for another frontal assault; however at the last moment she jumped to the side and then delivered a strike with the tip if her umbrella as she aimed to deliver a stab-strike right to his right knee since it was clear only his legs had kept him going at this point. So Azumi needed to work on those before she could bring this battle to a close.

------------
Madoka glanced over at Yasu as she overheard his request. The comment about his arm had been discomforting to have said the least, though she focused for now on his feelings towards Madoka. Which seemed sound, as making sure she did not do something reckless was likely the right move.

"I can and will do that. Though maybe it is the fact that Tomiko feels you focus on her and worry about her so much that could be part of the problem. However mistaken she might be." Madoka said, as while she had not known the root of why Tomiko had taken her loss so hard she knew Tomiko had plenty of pride in herself before that match with Kiro and if her pride had been shot. Maybe some word choice Yasu had used had unintentionally only added on to that. Madoka began to make her way to the exit, but before she left she turned back to Yasu with a serious expression.

"Just like I said, one loss doesn't make you weak or a loser. Learn from this experience. I wish you nothing but the best and will visit when I can." Madoka said before she left to go find Tomiko.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo spun around to dodge Azumi's strike, but he lost his footing, and so he fell to the ground, unable to get back up due to the blood loss.
This can't be how it ends, but I can't move, I guess this is it. Had a good run didn't I? The Leaf-nin breathed his last before passing out, effectively forfietting the match.

Tsuki noticed Taiyo passing out, immediately, a sense of panic overwhelmed her. She hoped he didn't die, but the Mist-nin was never one to step in when unessesary.

Azumi let out a sigh. Victory had been hers, though she had to admit Taiyo had been more of a challenge that she initially thought. None the less she soon placed her umbrella back on her back and began to walk out of the scorched rocky field. Along the way, Azumi glanced up at Minato and the other Kage with her focus clear on the ones from the five great nations; a cold glare directed before she resumed her walk forward towards the medical room as she figured she needed to take this time to recover the damage her body had taken and rest up for the next round.

I've completed my next step to my goal. You all watch, and remember the day that some no name ninja from a no name nation showed up your nation's best and brightest. The day Azumi of Amegakure made her name known to the world....

Zaku smirked, watching Taiyo’s match finish. Predictable, Taiyo barley passed th exams before this, it was only a matter of time before he was eliminated. Zaku walked down the stairs as the platform under them defended, medical nin rushing to the stage, mainly to heal up the bloody mess that was Taiyo. Zaku went to the medical ward, looking in seeing Yasu in a medical bed as well as Azumi. He approached the female, ignoring yasu.

“Heh, what did I tell you?” Zaku crossed his arms. “I knew you’d beat him, looks like you didn’t take much damage either. We’ll be both movin’ on.”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Now it was Yasu's turn to smirk. He chuckled as Zaku attempted to speak with another one of the Genin who had moved on. The chuckle slowly grew into a deep, hollow laughter.

"You still talking like that, huh? You act so cocky for a rat who couldn't even finish me off, you're pathetic."

Yasu rose his uninjured arm to Zaku, pointing a finger at the one who had beaten him.

"It's only a matter of time before I'll be able to surpass you, and you best believe I won't be showing mercy. We'll see who's still weak then."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Am I dead, no, if I were dead, I couldn't think, I can't believe I lost, I'm a failure, and even worse, I probably let Lako and Kilka down, and maybe even Yasu. I never thought I could win in the first place honestly. Taiyo told himself angrily while in a coma, he knew that everyone who doubted him was right, he was a weak slacker, he'd never pass the Chunin Exams. Honestly, he felt quite stupid in his inability to defeat Azumi, he couldn't even get her to bleed a little.

Zaku turned his head around to the apparently still alive Yasu. He didn’t seem to take offense at the comments, looking at the genin up and down at the battered state

“Pretty big talk for a cripple, hows the wrists?” Zaku poked fun at Yasu. “Seeing as after all your talk about beating me utterly backfired into a humiliating defeat in front of an entire nation of people, looks like your reputation is shattered. If you had one.”

Zaku chuckled, looking at the several holes in Yasu’s body that hadn’t been healed yet. He could kill him right now and no one would bat any eye. Well perhaps for Azumi, maybe that’s why Zaku hadn’t done it yet.

"The dog that barks the loudest always has the weakest bite. Take pride in your victory, but adding further salt to the wound only shows your insecurities." Azumi explained flatly to Zaku before she turned her attention to Yasu.

"And those who are on their deathbed should not keep poking the one who put them there with a stick." Azumi added on, speaking with the same cold tone she had spoken to Zaku with all the while she got her forehead bandaged up.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu scoffed at the girl interjecting herself into this fight.

Who does she think she is?

He readjusted himself, sitting up a little bit and looking back at Zaku.

"I've poked him before and the rat showed me mercy, he wouldn't kill me here. Just remember this rat, I have something I'm fighting for. I will beat you, make a note of it."

“Insecurities? I think finishing my fight first proved I’ve had none. Just take a look at the cripple. I just like seein people get what’s comin’ to them.”

She has some nerve, huh? Thinking after she beat a weakling like Taiyo that she’s entitled to be string than everyone else. Oh, and about some one else....

“Are you still here?” Zaku chuckled to Yasu. “You were fighting for something at the forest of death, then today. Both were failures. And I didn’t even unleash all my tricks! Your way over your head. Also, gonna be hard to get that chance without a sword using hand eh cripple?”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"I'm fighting for something different, something much more important. Not that you would understand what I'm fighting for, people like you only care about yourselves."

Yasu sighed and shrugged his soldiers at the boy.

"Not to mention, I can get much stronger. You already believe yourself to be strong. I'm weak, I'll admit it... but admitting it is what lets me get stronger. So until you admit you're weak, you're gonna stay here and I'll keep moving up."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo found himself on a medical bed, with tons of bandages on his arms, he looked at them and a few years rolled down his face, before he shook them away and a firery determination sparked in his eye.
"Excuse me doctor," Taiyo asked somewhat weakly, "How bad is the damage?" The medical nin looked at Taiyo for a long period of time, before showing him the X-Ray.
"You've lost a lot of blood, so we had to find someone with your blood type or an O positive or O negative. Fortunately, this girl was willing to donate some of her blood. As for your arms, the bones are completely shattered, it might take weeks, maybe even a month before they heal, and if they don't, we may have to amputate your arms and replace them," At this, the Leaf-nin was overwhelmed with grief, he might never be able to fight again, who would have thought that his ultimate attack would end up killing him? He then turned his head to see Tsuki there looking concerned.
"Thanks for the donation," Taiyo said weakly before falling asleep.
"Your welcome, I just didn't want you to die,"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Soon Taiyo woke up from his little "nap" and decided to walk around, mostly to find Azumi and show respect for her, since shaking hands was out of the question. He soon found her talking to Zaku, he ignored the fat and went straight to Azumi.
"I hope you win Azumi. Once I heal, I wanna rematch,"

Azumi let out a sigh. Both of these competitors had proven to be rather childish. Fighting even outside of their battle, which had been an annoyance to the girl as she took some pain killers that the doctor had given her. Though her attention turned to her former opponent Taiyo which she decided to focus on as opposed to the insults from the Oto-nin or anyone else.

A Konoha-nin wishing me luck? I don't need such a thing, but he was a valiant competitor so I suppose it would only be fair to address it...

"I...appreciate the sentiment. And if you desire a rematch be warned I will not hold back." Azumi explained flatly to the fire-nin.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Very well, and I will be stronger than when we fought recently," Taiyo said as he went back to the hospital room and lay back on his bed. Sadly, it seemed that none of his friends would come visit him, however Tsuki was there to keep him company.
"You know, no one asked you to come here," Taiyo told Tsuki after the long minutes of silence between them.
"I know, but still, you were in pain, and none of your friends came, that is if you even have any," Tsuki explained, sitting next to Taiyo on the bed.

“Staying where exactly? On top?” Zaku grinned looking down on the hospitalized Yasu. “I won’t admit I’m weak because I’m NOT weak. That’s the difference between us, in order for you to grow you have to admit you are pathetic, I don’t. I’m growing in ways you can’t fathom!”

Zaku’s Curse mark on his neck twitched because of this response. Zaku winced slightly in tandom with it, the curse mark subsiding. Zaku stepped closer to Yasu, putting his foot up on his medical bed.

“What’s so wrong with thinking about myself? Look at where the opposite got you: Lying disabled in a bed a failure. Your one to criticize me as I actual got somewhere meanwhile you might never recover. And if you do, I might pay you a little ‘visit’. Winning 3 times in a row has a good ring to it.”

Last edited:
Azumi thought over Zaku's words, it seemed quite clear that Zaku was one to fight for himself and only himself. Azumi to a degree was a loner but there had been one thing that she knew was true above all else.

Fighting for something more than just yourself will allow one to grow beyond those who just fight for themselves. Azumi had gotten up off her bed as she felt she had been good enough to go watch the match between Kiro and Hashima. Something that could be beneficial to giving her an edge. Though Azumi stopped as she walked by Zaku and glanced at the Oto-nin.

"Those who fight for their own self-serving goals only get so far. It's only when one fights for something beyond themselves that they can grow at rates beyond one's imagination. Take that how you will." Azumi said before she had walked out of the room and began to make her way back to the arena.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"There you have it rat, I will surpass you. I'll promise you your rematch, but when it happens don't expect to win. I won't just beat you, it'll be an undeniable victory."

Yasu motioned to the foot Zaku had placed on his bed.

"Now I would appreciate it if you could get your disgusting paw off my bed, I need to get some rest so I can recover. After all, once I do I'll begin training again."

“Have a lot of talk for someone who’s hands are as hollow as his words.” Zaku pointed toward Yasu’s holes that he had punched through earlier. “Your talk of beating me has backfired twice now, really want to make it a third? At that point it would be pest control...”

Zaku removed his foot off of his bed, smirking as it was called a ‘paw’. He gave him a glare that was filled with half hatred and half amusement.

“But after all...pests deserve to be WIPED OUT.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima's clone got wind of what was going on and headed to the top of the dome and tackled Kiro. However, it was the lightning clone and the mud clone turned into regular mud after being shocked. Still, it was too late and the explosion still occured.

The two mud clones basically got disintegrated by the explosion. The most Hashima could do was only because of the clone who tackled "Kiro." She weaved hand seals as fast as she could and replaced herself with a block of wood from a nearby tree which immediately got disintegrated. Hashima then hid herself in the trees and then waited for him to make a move. However, as the smoke from the explosion began to clear, Hashima was changing the trees she was in and left something in each one.

Kiro watched from the leaves atop a tree as the series of events had happened. The tree was high enough to the point where was able to see the other battles that were happening. Sagisō and Katsuo’s battle still seemed to be going on, but from what he had picked up, it seemed Zaku and Azumi had moved on. ‘Heh, it seemed like I was right about Birdboy.’ Even though Kiro didn’t totally trust the Sound ninja, he was glad he shut Yasu up. The chunin exams were no place were no place for emotions to run wild. Kiro also didn’t have any words for Taiyo considering he had already handled him himself. ‘Looks like I’ll have to face her if, no, when I win this.’ Kiro smirked when he looked down under his tree to see he had Hashima right where he wanted her.

Kiro pulled out four shuriken as he looked down at Hashima. She seemed to be placing something on the trees. It had to be some sort of trap that Hashima was hoping he would jump into. What type of fool did she think he was. No matter, Kiro prepared his attack anyways. Engulfing the shuriken with his own chakra, they each had lightning cackling around them. In a swift moment, Kiro swung each of them down in different directions. Once they reached low enough, Kiro used his chakra to control them and turn them all in Hashima’s direction. The shuriken came from each direction, preventing Hashima from going either way. Her only choice would be to jump... and that’s exactly what Kiro wanted. With swift handsigns, Kiro performed a fire ball jutsu, sending it down right towards Hashima. If things went according to plan, she would take the bait...

Katsuo hadnt given Sagiso the chance to recover as he charged forward, launching three normal shuriken with extreme precision. He followed this up by casting the signs for a water clone which appeared to his right, also charging forward towards Sagiso. One aimed for a straight palm strike to the chest, and the other aimed a strike for the left side of her ribs.
"Gotta start conserving energy from here on out."

Sagisō lept to her feet and danced out of the way of the first kunai, while her palms slapped outward toward the remaining duo of kunai. A crisp 'ting' rang out as the kunai bounced off her hands, or more specifically the Silk-steel gloves she was wearing. Her eyes were opened at this point, having recovered enough that the irritation no longer blinded her. She completely ignored the attacks of both Katsuo and his clones as she traded blows with them, pressing her own palm strikes towards their chests. As they traded blows she whispered, "Jeez, no matter the ninja, everyone ALWAYS falls for the shadow clone." before poofing into oblivion.

As for the real Sagisō(?) She came blitzing out of the smoke created from her smoke bombs, the clone she'd used to perform the dual rotation flanking her on her right. They both held sleek, curved, Demon Windmill shurikens, tagged with paper bombs. By the time Sagisō's clone had been dispelled the duo were already halfway to Katsuo. She slid across the ground as they came to a halt, whisking the Shuriken forward, "Nadeshiko Style: Exploding Lotus Dance!"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima saw the shuriken coming and began sliding down the tree with her mud style. The shuriken cut the tree and as it began falling, Hashima saw a fireball heading in its direction, burning the falling tree. Hashima's eyes widen and then she jumped off the tree and did some hand seals.

Mud Style: Breathe in the Mud Jutsu!

She fell into the mud and made two clones out of preexisting mud. Then, the real Hashima began swimming away to a farther away. One of the clones went out of the mud and sent three wind natured shurikens at Kiro. Then she jumped onto a tree and began weaving hand seals.

"Wind Waves!"

As the blade of wind was launched at Kiro, the newly made mud clone used the attack of the other clone as a distraction as she silently and discreetly began going onto trees, repeating what the real Hashima was doing.

Last edited:
Azumi watched the battle between Kiro and Hashima was great interest. The advantage of her battle having come to a close early means she had a chance to scout techniques.

Mud user and a lightning user. Regardless of who wins my next match could be interesting.

-----------
Madoka had quickly caught up to Tomiko, who decided to go stop by her apartment rather than go back to the arena. Tomiko reasoned that with Yasu out of it she had little care for the other first round matches and that she had expected a package to come. With Madoka naturally confused, Tomiko explained that during the battle with Kiro her gauntlets had been destroyed and she had to send it back to Iwagakure to get them repaired. Ms. Hotaru's place to be specific. Madoka asked why she simply didn't have Tomiko send them to some workshop in Konoha to get them repaired. To which Tomiko replied with a perfectly reasonable argument.

"They are special! They are my babies, and nobody is better than Ms. Hotaru at caring for them. Nobody!"

Though the process took longer due to Tomiko's insistence of using the craftswoman's shop back home. But according to a letter the package was expected to come today; Tomiko had hoped to show her repaired "babies" to Yasu after he had won. Though that idea folded as she figured Yasu desired to be alone at the moment.

Either way, the pair made it to Tomiko's apartment within an apartment share that she and other foreigners had been granted to stay at during these exams. Indeed Tomiko's hunch seemed correct as a large box was right at the door of her apartment. Though more curiously, a letter had been placed at the top of it; though Tomiko presumed it was just one from Ms. Hotaru saying everything had been patched up and that she appreciated doing business with her. Least, Tomiko hoped Ms. Hotaru had been able to fix them...

Due to Tomiko's casts, she had trouble opening the door or picking up the box; so Madoka handled both those things for her as she led the pair inside. A blow to her already battered pride, but Tomiko swallowed that bitter pill as she sat on her bed next to Madoka, who opened up the letter for Tomiko to read while she began to open up the box. Tomiko managed to get the letter in her hand as she began to read it silently to herself.

Well, you know how to keep me on my toes.

This was by far the worst condition you've sent them to me yet, which is saying a lot my dear. I constantly urge you not go get too carried away and yet it seems my words always fall on deaf ears.

In any event, it was a hassle. But I managed to get them back together. Normally it would be standard just to make a new pair but I know how much they mean to you. Though since I can't seem to trust you to take it easy, I took the liberty of making a certain accessory compliment to them to prevent another incident with electricity.

Wish you nothing but the best.
-Hotaru

This caused an eyebrow to be raised, but then as Madoka tapped her shoulder Tomiko turned and saw that her metalic gauntlets had this odd black coating on them. Upon feeling it with her hand, something not made easy by her cast, a smooth yet firm rubber was felt on it. Seems Ms. Hotaru took the liberty of adding some thick, hardened rubber "sleeves" to her metalic gauntlets as a safeguard measure for lightning attacks. Though that had not been all that was in there.

Letters. Around six or so letters had been inside that box as well. Madoka took them up as she began to read through some names.

"Hoshi...Jirou...Mao...man, are these your friends?" Madoka said as she read off some of the half dozen or so names attached to their corresponding cards. Tomiko herself had been surprised, though she had snapped out of it as she heard Madoka's question.

"Y-yeah. My buddies from my hometown. Formed our own little clique to combat a group of bullies back home. Though I didn't think they'd all get around to write letters..." Tomiko replied, as she had informed Ms. Hotaru of what happened to her in the exams as either directly or indirectly it seemed word of mouth had spread. Tomiko eyed the envelopes of the letters as indeed it seemed everyone she knew had made one.

Mio & Miu, Naomi, Ren. Everyone. I can't believe this...

And it only became more unbelievable as Madoka began reading to Tomiko what the letters said.

You were amazing Tomiko!

Did our old dump proud, keep up the good work and come back strong next year!

Fighting in a nightmare forest, standing up against an Uchiha. So cool!

Those and other words of encouragement and praise had shocked Tomiko to her core. Tomiko had promised herself and everyone back home she'd come back a Chunin She had believed she let everyone down, yet the letters seemed to show they had felt the exact opposite. Though nothing compared to the last letter. The one from her own parents.

Tomiko, we wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are okay.

Just remember that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone is so proud of you. You faced every challenge head on and showed a resolve that is simply unmatched. You did not fail, and your exploits have been an inspiration to everyone here we can promise you that much. Remember that this is only the beginning and we will be with you every step of the way on your path to becoming that great ninja we know you will become.

We want you to know that we love you and cannot wait for you to come back home. Enjoy the rest of your time in the Land of Fire.

With kisses and hugs.
-Mom and Dad.
As Tomiko heard Madoka read those words, tears began to form in her eyes once again. Though this time, rather than tears of sorrow or worry as before hand. These had been tears of joy, as even Madoka could not help but smile as she gave her friend a hug while she just let her friend let all her emotions out.

Thank you, thank you so much everyone...

After his conversation with the little pest Yasu, Zaku strided up the stairs, favoring one side over the other due to the gash he revived earlier. He made it to the stands, watching the battle unfold. If seemed that Kiro and Hashima’s battle had taken a turn, Hashima lurking amongst the trees, no doubt up to no good. Heh, if Kiro can’t make it to the semifinals, Lord Orochimaru chose the wrong guy.

Zaku continued to watch, that is, until he heard A subtle rummaging sound behind him. He looked back, hand’s at the ready, expecting a threat. Instead, he saw a boy, pick pocketing people’s food from the stands. Zaku blinked a few times as he saw the boy repeat the process many times, taking candies, cholcoate, and other things from people’s pockets and seat. The kid was dressed ragged, who a grey tattered shirt and rough brown pants. It was obvious the big was homeless and hungry. Zaku walked over to the kid.

“Hey, you.”

Upon being noticed, the kid broke into a run. Zaku grinded his teeth and gave chase. The boy was quick, but Zaku was quicker. The big vaulted through person after person, under some seats then out across the border of the arena where it was just storage rooms and sanitation areas, void of people. Zaku managed to corner the kid. The kid seemed to cower, dropping everything that he took.

“I-I-didn’t mean to!” The boy said, cow sting his face with his arms defensively. “Don’t hurt me!”

Just then, Zaku got flashes of memeories from when he was young. Growing up on the streets, dressed in rags. Fighting for a loaf of bread amongst the mud, getting beat up on a daily basis. This kid reminded him a lot of himself when he was young. He looked down at the boy and lowered himself to the boy’s height.

“I’m not going to hurt you. Those sweets are tacky, here, have this.”

Zaku Brought his hand into his bag, pulling out a a rice ball with a sound logo on it. He handed it to the boy who seemed shocked to say the least. He shakily brought his hand up, grasping the rice ball and hungrily mowing down on it. Zaku smirked and ruffled his hair.

“Mmrrg, thamks mo much mifter.” The boy said, while eating.

“You looked like you needed some good food. Courtesy of the sound village.”

Kiro watched as Hashima escaped into the mud as the tree she was in was cut down and engulfed in flames. The black smoke began to flow up as the fire consumed the tree. Kiro’s sharingan kept watch of the puddle of mud Hashima escaped into. He had no doubt she was plotting something. Not a moment later, ‘Hashima’ came out of the mud. All it took was a single glance for Kiro to read its chakra, courtesy of the sharingan, and confirm it was a clone. The clone sent three wind enhanced shuriken at him, which Kiro countered by having three of his four lightning shuriken deflect them. Kiro sent the fourth shuriken towards the clone, but not before it jumped up onto a tree and performed another jutsu. A blade of wind was suddenly sent Kiro’s way before the lightning shuriken dug itself into the clone, electrifying and deteriorating it into mud. ‘Wind style against a fire user? How futile.’ Kiro flashed quick handsigns for another jutsu. ‘Fire Style: Fire Breath Jutsu!’ Kiro released a powerful stream of fire from his mouth, engulfing the blade of wind. However, if there was one thing Kiro knew, it was that wind also fueled fire, which it did with the blade of wind. The stream of fire grew larger as it consumed not just the tree, but everything else in it’s direction.

However, Kiro didn’t plan to stop there. He knew Hashima only had two places to hide from him. The mud and the trees. Kiro planned to rid her of that fortune. He would turn this swamp into a swamp of fire...

Kiro started to turn his body as he began to spread the increased fire all around him. Trees blew up in flames as some began to collapse into the swamp, spreading the fire through the remnants grass and covering most of the puddles of mud. The sky above them became black as it became covered by the darkness of the smoke. “So this is what hell looks like.” Kiro said to himself as he took a moment to admire the view all around him. Kiro stood above the last remaining tree, observing as his sharingan glistened with the light of the illuminating fire that lit up the black sky.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The mud clone didn't seem to mind the increased flame, her objective wasn't to actually hurt Kiro. Then all of a sudden she got impaled by an electric shuriken and turned into mud. The other mud clone had finished her work, and the time for Hashima's jutsu ran out, causing her to leave the mud and see the flames around the entire swamp.

However, Hashima and her clone just smiled and the clone dropped down to Hashima on the fake ground she had made earlier. They did a single hand seal, and something happened to all the trees. Even the burned down ones, or the collapsed ones. There was strings of mud stretching out of them, and Hashima and her clone could control them.

"Mud Style: Muddy Hard Strings!"

The strings turned to Kiro's position on top of the last tree, and completely covered any spaces of escaping as they began reaching towards him. Were they to hit, they would compress against Kiro's body until his bones were broken.

Last edited:
Lako lept passed some random lady and skidded into a corridor. He took a couple of flight of stairs. He paused at an intersection and ran right. He threw open a door searching frantically for Taiyo.
"Where the hell do Leaf keep their Medical wing?" He muttered as he backed out. He quickly retraced his footsteps back to the intersection and ran down the left corridor. Lako walked into a room that smelled of scented lemons and disinfectant. He sidled up to a desk and spoke "Errrr.. I'm here to see my friend.. I mean acquaintince I mean.., I don't know! Im here to see Taiyo"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh, Mr. Akugami? He's in room 23, at the end of Leaf corridor," The receptionist told Lako now going back to looking at paperwork. Meanwhile, Taiyo stared at his now broken arms and felt hopeless, what if he never recovered from his injury? And to make matters worse, none of his friends visited him, Tsuki did, but she was still a stranger.
"Now what, how am I supposed to recover?" Taiyo asked the universe, feeling pitiful and worthless. Tsuki wanted to comfort him, but she had no idea how.