• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Pokémon League; The Next Generation Sign-up/Discussion

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The starter of this thread has requested that Dubkip_Playz be removed from it, and this has been now done.

The rest of you: remember this isn't a chat room and our global rules apply. So all this conversational blather and meme nonsense needs to stop. If you have some actual planning out you need to do for the RP plotways, use this thread. If you just want to have a chatter - private messages, discord, anything but here.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Would you all mind if I changed Lizzie's Aurorus into a Frosslass? This would stop the heavy dino from shattering all the ice in Lizzie's gym, and I like Frosslass a lot! I can post the new bio or I can just edit it. Also, it learns Destiny Bond and I feel like that would be very useful.

Last edited:
Because your gym is the 8th, and won't be seen for a long time, I don't mind if you change out your Pokémon team in reasonable ways. It's only going to be a problem if you change your entire roster right before they get to Cinnabar.

Pollen-Puff

Okay, thanks! I think that Lizzie might try to catch some weaker Pokemon and accompany the trainers, but not reveal that she's a Gym Leader. Would that work?

I think Lizzie should do that, so I don't have to have Luna stick with the trainers; she can see that the 8th is playing the role of a traveling companion and go back to keep her gym safe instead of playing babysitter.
Lizzie will be able to catch some friends along the way, too.

It hasn't been asked! If your Pokémon has its hidden ability, I will require that information to be disclosed. Otherwise, if your Pokémon has a normal ability that you can find in the wild, I won't require that. But disclosure would be nice anyway.

Pollen-Puff

May I please have Bebe (Furi's Florges) have its Hidden Ability, Symbiosis? It was given to her by her parents as a Flabebe so there's a good chance it was raised by a Breeder. Also, what level limit would you like Furi and Lizzie's 'mons to have?

Bebe can have Symbiosis. Lizzie's Pokémon (the ones she has at her time of creation) should be considered incredibly strong and should be given a "level" limit close to, though not yet reaching, their very last few level-up moves. Pokémon she decides to capture later on, I think you have already planned to make weaker in the beginning.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Is the "special quality" of Allie's Eevee the ability to learn the Partner moves? Or is it something else that you don't want to spoil? I just noticed a character in the RP saying that there was something special about the Eevee.

The special thing is that this Eevee can learn the partner moves, yes. No other Eevee is going to be capable of them, which makes Allie's very rare. Hana feels personally responsible for sending this rare Eevee instead of... just... a normal one with Anticipation, but her dad tends to overdo things when it comes to buying her stuff and/or Pokémon.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
FYI to all of you: Allie's Eevee is sassy as hell.
Also, can her Eevee evolve or not? I know Partner Eevee can't evolve in Let's Go, but I'm not sure how it would work in this RP.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I was thinking either Glaceon, Sylveon, Espeon, or possibly Jolteon. The first three because they're my favourite Eeveelutions, and Jolteon because of her sassy nature.

Allie's second Pokemon will likely be an Alolan Vulpix, whose egg will be sent to her by her sister in Alola.

Well Espeon could be sassy in a different way. Sylveon is more of the sweetheart of the group I feel. Glaceon I feel is more on the calm side of things. Vaporeon is more elegant and sophisticated of the bunch. Umbreon tends to be more blunt. Jolteon I feel is more the badass type. Though this is just me. Feel free to take way as you will from this.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
It depends. I could have her personality change more, or even change when she evolves. I probably won't evolve her for quite some time though, at least for 3 or 4 gyms. She can hold her own with the Partner Eevee moves until she does.
It also could be fun to see a Sylveon vs Sylveon match at the Fairy gym (which I wrote the leader for, hehe).

That is for minmaxing the games. From an RP stand point it is more of personality. RPing in charms is more like the anime. It is not based on levels at all. Natures really don't do much in this setting.

Pollen-Puff

I thought that natures would just be a trait for a Pokemon that would give them a small proficiency (attack, speed, special defense, etc.) and something they weren't as good at (see above examples).

Also, I'm a h - nevermind, it's happened before.

I feel like if you evolve eevee it should lose the partner eevee moves (besides the one that fits the evolution), an evolved form with those already really strong moves would be way too over powered

Allie's Eevee can evolve. But, like Mango said, it would lose the ability to use the Partner moves that don't fit its evolution. So, evolution would be a sort of tradeoff; gaining strength while losing a lot of type coverage.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm likely not going to evolve Eevee at all, for multiple reasons.
1) In all RPs that I use Allie in, her Partner Eevee never evolves. Partially because I suck at making decisions, partially because I use it as a plot point.
2) Again, plot point/character development arc for Eevee. I like giving both my human and Pokemon characters sufficient development while not being the main focus of the RP.
3) Eevee being the underdog of the group could be interesting too.