• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

"Havoc! Charge through it!" Darrius shouts, but the blue dragon gets swept up in the water.
"Havoc use HYPER BEAM!" while being whipped around, the dragon lets off a bright purple and black beam from its mouth.

The blast got a direct hit on Kabutops, knocking him out. "Good job old friend, now go Omanyte use Ice Beam!" Shouted Forrest quickly switching out his fallen friend for a new battler. Havoc couldn't move after using Hyper Beam and needed time to recharge. A light blue beam shout out of the prehistoric Pokémon's mouth and was heading straight for Havoc.

Havoc takes the hit, immediately knocking it out.
"You did well old friends, take a good rest. Let's go Reaper, Steel Wing!" The Scizor bursts from the ball and jets forward, going to slam into Omastar

"Counter with pro-," but it was too late and the extremely fast Scizor got her hit in. Omastar was barely standing. That hit was a critical. "Rollout!" Shouted Forrest out of desperation. He needed to do some damage. Omastar started to spin and was headed straight towards Scizor.

The two Pokémon collide and Omastar rolls back defeated. Omastar is sent back to his poke ball and Aerodactyl is released. "Use Supersonic!" Shouted Forrest. Aerodactyl fired a blast of supersonic waves toward Scizor.

"Now close in with Crunch, Now!" Shouted Forrest. He was getting ready to finish this battle. The prehistoric Pokémon rushed his confused opponent, fangs at ready to bite.

"Reaper, dodge it!" Sadly, Scizor still can't hear it, and gets bitten by Aerodactyl. The hit was critical, and Reaper drops. Darrius holds up the net ball, and recalls Repear.
"Alright Sol, it's up to you girl." The Absolute charges out onto the battlefield.

"Now, Sol, unleash your true power!" Darrius kisses his ring, and the Keystone begins to glow, resonating with Sol's absolite.
"Mega Evolve!" In a flash, Mega Absol appears, and supersonic triggers her Magic Bounce ability sending it back at Aerodactyl.
"Now Sol, use Night Slash!" Sol leaps into the air, drifting gently on her wings, with dark energy on her claws, aiming to strike at Aerodactyl.

Last edited:
"Aerodactyl," screeches Aerodactyl angrily as he becomes confused.
"Crunch!" Shouts Forrest, desperate to get an attack in.
Aerodactyl instead uses Wing Attack and pitifully crashes directly next to Sol.

Last edited:
"Follow it Sol! Use superpower to drive Aerodactyl into the ground!" With immense speed, Sol pursues Aerodactyl, both sets of paws glowing with a reddish energy, attempting to slam Aerodactyl into the ground.

Aerodactyl gets hammered by Sol's Superpower and faints. Forrest hangs his head and returns his fainted friend to his poke ball.
"Congratulations on your victory and here is your prize," said Forrest crossing the battlefield with badge in hand. He stretched out his arm with the Boulder badge in his palm.

Sol's Mega Evolved for dissipates, and Darrius takes the badge from Forrest.
"Don't feel bad Forrest. You did well as a Gym Leader. Gave me a rough time for my first time back on Gym challenge." He turns to Jack. "To answer your question Jack, yes. If you train hard, and truly love your Pokémon, you'll be as strong as me, if not stronger." He gently pats Jacks shoulder.

Forrest, after handing the badge to Darrius walks back towards the healing station, and heals his pokemon. Then he grabs two other pokeballls from nearby. He turns to face Jack. " Are you ready Jack. Same rules, but instead a 2 on 2, and I'll send out this fella." He tossed out a Geodude and said, "You have the honors of going first."

Brief is leaning on the wall of the gym watching the battle after quickly being forgotten like a piece of Trubbish.

"....That was a great battle I must admit I didn't know that guy could use mega evolution its a pretty rare to spot a trainer that can pull it off I wonder what will Jack do in his battle" said Brief to himself.

Across Pewer City, Ry examined the three Pokémon who stood before him. They were strong and they were ready to go. He only hoped he didn't miss everyone else's matches. Ry had everybody return to their pokeballs and rushed towards the Pewter gym.

Brief hears someone running behind him it was Ry.

"Hey dude you just messed one of your friend's battles but don't it looks like the one with the Axew is up next I wonder he is looking pretty nervous is this his first gym battle" asked Brief.

" I bet he is," said Ry, who was out of breath. This would be the first time that Ry has seen him battle. Ry looked and say that Sol was out and standing next to Darrius. "Did he mega evolve her?" Ry asked Brief.

"Darrius so that is his name but yes he did use a Mega Absol in his match,"said Brief. Brief turns back to the battlefield waiting for it to start. " You should go let your friends know that you are here maybe having more friend to cheer him on will probably calm him down for the challenge ahead" spoke Brief.

"Nice to meet you Brief and you too Melody," Ry said "Well I'm Ry, you should come with me to see the gang and help cheer Jack and me on. Plus it'll be more fun then standing over here by yourself."

"Sure why not this will be a much better battle to watch if I watch it closer" said Brief "I can also get a closer look at that keystone its not everyday you get to see a trainer with one."

"Okay the lets go cheer Jack on!" Said Ry rushing out to his other friends.

On the battlefield, Forrest stood with his arms crossed. He wouldn't lose a second battle in a row.

"Wow that guy has so much energy it makes me tired"yawned Brief as he followed after Ry.

Brief turns to his head to see the gym leader standing there arms crossed with rock hard focus. " This guy looks tough but Master Byron is way tougher" stated Brief.

Last edited:
Ava wandered up to the gym. She saw Jack getting ready to battle. She decided to sit and watch the battle while trying to come up with new recipes for her Pokemon food.

"First off, this will be a 2 on 2 battle. You will be allowed subsitiotins, and I will not. My first pokemon is Geodude." Said Forrest calmly.

Darrius sat down off to the side and began to brush Sol's fur again, and watching as the battle between Jack and Forrest is about to commence.
"Good luck Jack! Believe in your Pokemon, and you can do anything!" he shouted words of encouragement to the younger boy.

"Ok our first battle" he sai to himself "chim you go first" he said throwing his pokeball nervously towards the battle field "chim stay at a distance for now" jack told his chimchar

"Geodude use Rock throw!" Commanded Forrest , trying to start things off with a bang. The rocky pokemon lifted and threw a large boulder at the small fire type.

"Bad move bringing a fire type to a rock gym." Forrest said shaking his head. This kid was a total beginner. He didn't know what he was doing at all. " Take the hit by using Defense Curl, then use tackle!" Geodude took the hit after bracing himself and charged Chim.

In the stands, Ry stood up and shouted, "Types don't matter! Rock types are slow, so you your speed! That's how I beat Roark!" Ry smiled. This reminded him of his first gym battle against Roark in which he won with Fuego. "Keep up the pressure!" Ry screamed.

"The kid is doing well against Forest's Geodude but I don't think a throw let that is going to effect that Geodude that much seeing as Rock types have hard bodies" stated Brief sitting next to Ry

Darrius rubs Sol's head as he watches the battle.
"Pokemon are amazing creatures. If you love them with all your heart and train them to the best of your abilities, they can do anything."
"Sol!" Sol croons as she rubs her head against Darrius' hand.