• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

"Return, Aura," said Ry, recalling his Lucario. "Go, Jet!" He shouted sending out his Sceptile. For his first Gym badge, he wanted to use all the Pokémon he could, so he let Jet take on the Aerodactly.
"Start things off with Swords Dance!" Shouted Ry. The sceptile began to stretch and focus his power in his two limbs.

Jet, leapt into the air, narrowly avoiding the wave of the screech. "Leaf Blade, now!" shouted Ry, "and spin!" Jet readied his blades and started to spin, with his blades at ready to slash at the Aerocadtyl. Ry smiled. The real challenge was getting close enough to the Aerodactyl to attack, but still having room to dodge any Supersonic attacks. But if anyone on his team could do it, it would be Jet and his tons of speed.

"Aerodactyl, knock it back with wing attack, then supersonic again!" Forrest shouted. Aerodactyl's wings began to glow, and it swooped in, colliding with the spinning Sceptile. while it was reeling, it shot another Supersonic at Jet.

"Swerve down!" Shouted Ry. But before he said it, the hit landed. Jet, who misheard his trainer, due to the confusion, instead aimed a Dragon Claw and swung in short range of the fossil Pokémon.

"Aerodactyl! Wing Attack to knock it back, then follow it up crunch!" Forrest called, seeing some hope in the situation.
Aerodactyl nails Jet with its wings, knocking him back, then pursues with a crunch.

"Night Slash!" Shouted Ry. Jet snapped out of confusion and swung his blades, this time charged with a dark energy directly under the Aerodactyl's jaw.

"Aero!!" Aerodactyl, punished for getting too close, gets launched backwards.
"Aerodactyl! Stone Edge!" Forrest cries. Righting itself in the air, Aerodactyl calls a series of stones to come jutting out of the ground towards Jet.

"Deflect with Leaf Blade!" Shouted Ry. With his leaves at ready, he started to slash at the multitude of stones that came towards him. He deflected the majority of the stones back towards the ground, but a few crashed into his legs and torsos, doing a chunk of damage.

"Counter with Leaf Blade again!" Shouted Ry. He was getting fired up as Jet launched itself at the Aerodactyl, but this time, flipping over it and aiming a Leaf Blade at the weak spot in between the fossil Pokémon's wings.

The strike lands, driving Aerodactyl into the ground. "Aero..." It's been knocked out, and Forrest stares in shock. Three in a row. He lost 3 battles in a row. His big brother would not be happy.
"Well Ry, it was a great battle. You've earned yourself the boulder badge." he holds the badge out to Ry.
"Sorry, if anyone else wants to battle with me, you'll have to wait until tomorrow, me and my Pokemon are wiped out."

"Hey your brother would be proud,"'said Ry looking at the gym leader. He had done a bit of research about Forrest, and learned that he had just became Gym leader a few days ago. Every gym leader had to start somewhere. "Besides," said Ry smiling, "that was a great battle."

"Thanks," said Ry. "Recognize that ending move. I tried it on you back on Route 1." Ry looked at his friend smiling. In his hand he held the key to winning the Kanto League. He was sure of it.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I did. If Reaper hadn't been fresh into battle, it probably would have worked out the same way it did here. How about we all head back to the Pokemon Center? we can rest up and catch up more there." Darrius said with a smile.

Forrest waves to the trainers and their Pokemon as they leave.

"You've got some very well-trained Pokemon Ry, if I haven't already told you that." Darrius says, beaming all the while. He was glad to have found another person who's love for Pokemon matched his own.

Brief stands up getting ready to leave the gym seeing that Forrest's pokemon was in no shape to fight.
"Well that is a bummer I guess I could stink around and wait until tomorrow to challenge him....nah that is too much of a pain I guess I just ask Ry or one of his friends for a battle when they go to the Center to heal them up from their hard fought battles" spoke Brief.

"Thanks Darrius, your Pokemon are well raised too." He then turned to face Brief. "You know, I haven't seen you battle yet? Do you wanna go a round, after I get everyone healed up?" He asked the new trainer.

Brief walking pass turns to face Ry. "Sure my team needs a fight after watching all you guys battles" said Brief. As he follows them to the Pokemon Center.

"Okay I'll meet you guys on the battlefield after I heal my Pokémon." Shouted Ry rushing off ahead to go and heal his team at the Pokémon Center.

"There he go's again rushing off again its makes me so tired"yawned Brief as he was making his way toward the battlefield that will be used Brief turns to Ry's friends. "Aren't guys coming?" Brief stops again "Oh by the way the names Brief nice to met you two."

Last edited:
"Name's Darrius. it's a pleasure. I want to take a moment to heal up my friends too, but i won't miss the battle. You can count on that." Taking a more leisurely pace, Darrius heads towards the Pokemon center.

Ry stood on the battlefield with his current team ready to go. Fuego, Grace, Jet, Sting and Aura all stood at ready. "Okay guys, let' s get ready for our battle with Brief." Said Ry smiling. He started to stretch and his Pokémon copied him. This was the normal way Ry got ready for a battle if he could. It was a technique he learned from Mylene as a way to get everyone ready to give it their all. Fuego and Aura then started to spar with each other, as they always had during, these scenarios. They were rival fighting pokemon and this was a way they both got stronger.

"Man this kid is fast he is already here" Brief said. Brief walks up to the battlefield and sees Ry and his pokemon stretching along with his pokemon. "I see someone is ready for this Ry this will be a 3v3 battle seeing as I am only carrying three pokemon with me a the moment" yelled Brief to Ry on the other side of the battlefield.

"Lets start this off Melody front and center" said Brief to his partner who jumps off her trainer's head and on to the battlefield.

Ry looked at his team. "Okay, get in there Aura," said Ry. Aura leapt up and landed on the battlefield. Ry and Aura both closed their eyes and focused. They were connecting their Aura. With his eyes closed, Aura aimed an Aura Sphere attack and threw it straight at Melody.

"Melody dodge using Quick Attack!" commented Brief. Melody with white streaks tailing behind her dashes pass the Aura Sphere with it nearly making contact with her. " Ok hit back with Electro Ball"

The Lucario made glowing bones appear and smacked away the Electro Ball away with the Bone Rush. He then charged his opponent with his staff raised.

Brief watches as the attack was smashed out of the way now he sees the jackal like pokemon rushing toward Melody with a bone staff in hand looking to make some damage. "Rush toward him and when it go's to strike you with the staff unleash your Discharge" Melody listens to her master and runs toward the much larger pokemon.

Aura whacks Melody over the head pretty hard doing some heavy amount of damage sending her to the ground. " Don't give up Melody use Discharge once more" Melody seeing Aura so close she lets loose another flare of electricity taking in everything within its range.

Aura takes the hit and staggers back. Then he fired a Flash Cannon at the small Minnun. "Lucario!" The fighting ad steel type shouted as he fired the blast.

Melody was taking a small break cause of the second Discharge is when she saw the Flash Cannon coming toward her the attack connect sending her back. "Melody!" yelled Brief worried about his partner. Melody is struggling to get back on her feet and some how finds the strong to hang on. "Ok Melody use Thunderbolt"

Aura took the thunderbolt directly. He was badly hurt, but he was going to finish this. Both trainer and Pokémon opened their eyes simultaneously and Ry shouted, "Close Combat now!" Aura rushed towards Melody and fired a barrage of punches and kicks towards her.

Melody watch as Aura starts to rush toward her and let loose a furry of punches and kicks Melody tries her best to defend but the attacks was too much for her the last hit sends her flying back defeated.

Aura nodded at the defeat Pokemon and trainer. It was a sign of respect towards trainer and Pokémon, for the battle. "Return," said Ry, returning his worn out comrade to his pokeball. "Go Fuego!" Shouted Ry sending out his next Pokemon. The Infernape rushed on the field and roared, "Infernape!" He was ready to go.

Last edited:
Brief walks over to where Melody and processes to pick her up. "You did well you more into singing anyway but you tried your best Melody" said Brief to his Minun. "Rock Out WeDrago!" Brief shouted sending out his Druddigon the dragon lets loose his our to roar to match his opponent's, "Ok Druddigon lets start this off with Dragon Claw" commanded Brief. Drago starts rushing toward Infernape with his claws covered in dragon energy.