• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

Geodude flew through the air and crashed into the ground.He was defeated.
"That's it he wasn't going to lose this time." Forest thought to himself angrily.
"Go Onix, start off with Iron Tail!" Shouted Forrest tossing out his final pokemon. The giant rock snake took the field and let loose a loud roar. Then his tail became a silver white color and he raised it above Chim's head. Then it dropped, straight towards the smaller Pokémon.

Chim got knocked across the room "ya did good" he told chim " go axe and start with dragon tail the small axew ran straight at the onix and ran up its tail preparing to smash its head

Ry turned to face his new friend. "I don't know. I'm guessing Axew, cause his undertrained Weedle won't help any." He said with a straight. This gym leader looked tough, but he was motivated by fear of losing, not love for his Pokémon.

Forrest shouted at Onix, "Use Screech after it lands." Axe's attack crashed into Onix's skull and when he bounced off. Onix aimed a Screech attack right at the airborne Dragon type.

"Onix brace yourself with bide!" Shouted Forrest. He knew what would happen. This kid's dig would happen and he would survive it and the next attack this kid sent out and then wipe him out.

Onix got knocked backwards and fell on the ground, still unable to move because of Bide. "If this kids attack gets a critical them I will lose," thought Forrest to himself. He then stared at the kid to see what he would do.

Onix slowly stood up and waited for Axe's attack. Forrest was afraid. It all depended on what this kid did. If his attack did enough damage then he would lose. But if Onix survived, he would unleash the bide's power and knock out Jack's axew. It all came down to this.

Jack said "the difference between a good trainer and a good person is the way he fight either want to win or for the will of there Pokémon" the axew came up and use a move he just learned dragon rage and unleashed it full force upon the onix

Onix got sent flying backwards and was instantly defeated. Forrest smiled a faint smile. He returned Onix to his Pokeball. He walked to Jack and handed him the Boulder badge and said holy, "Good battle, you deserve this."
As soon as the badge was placed in Jacks hand, Ry jumped onto the field. "Is it my turn now?" He asked.

"Meet my team and choose your opponent Forrest for the first round!" Shouted Ry throwing out three Pokemon. They were Aura, Ry's Lucario whom he picked up before the battle at the Pokémon Center, Sting, now a Beedrill after some quick intense training, and finally Jet the Sceptile. "Pick any of these Pokémon to be you first opponent."

"I'll start this battle off with Twineedle!" Shouted Ry as Sting flew up in the air and released a flurry of small needles headed straight for Kabutops.

"Dodge and counter with Sting Shot." Shouted Ry. Sting quickly dodged the rocks, using his speed and fired a thread of white string at Kabutops.

"Now that he's been immobilized, use Pursuit." Commanded Ry. Sting rushed close to Kabutops and raised his needle to strike the fossil Pokémon.

"Perfect, now rush in and use Poison Jab up close!" Shouted Ry. Sting, with stinger raised rushed towards the Kabutops and his wave of water.

"Yeah, that's the way!" Shouted Ry excitedly. "Now us Twineddle again." Sting fired a barrage of small needles straight at the Kabutops.

Sting scores a critical hit, knocking out Kabutops. Forrest cringed as he recalled his Pokemon. He'd be an embarrassment to his big brother if he lost three matches in a row as the Pewter Gym leader.
"Go Omastar!" he shouted, as the Helix Pokemon burst from it's Pokeball.

"Sting return and have a nice long rest," said Ry as he returned Sting to his pokeball. "Now go, Aura." The Lucario stood with his arms crossed. Together they both nodded simultaneously, and the Lucario fired off an Aura Sphere at Omastar. Ry and the Lucario were communicating through their Aura.

"Omastar, use protect!" Forrest calls. A greenish shield appears around Omastar, and the Aura Sphere hits it and fizzles.
"Follow up with Hydro Pump!" Omastar responds by firing a powerful jet of water from its mouth.

"This battle is getting exciting I can't look away it almost makes me want to battle I just might I haven't had a good battle since we been in Kanto" said Brief to his partner Melody. "Min Min" she replied back to her trainer letting loose small sparks.

Lucario charged a Flash Cannon and fired it at Omastar's Hydro Pump. The two blasts collided and exploded. Then a large white bone appeared in Aura's hands as used Bone Rush and charged his foe.

"Omastar! Protect!" Forrest shouts. The helix Pokemon just barely managed to get it's shield up in time.
"Now, Ice Beam!" When the shield drops, Omastar fires a bright blue beam from it's mouth directly at Aura.

Aura charged at the Ice beam, and jumped up over it last minute. He landed behind, Omastar and aimed an Aura Sphere at its unguarded back.

Kaboom! Omastar skids forward, knocked out. Forrest gritted his teeth, and recalls Omastar. The realization that he's about to lose his third battle in a row sinking hard into his mind.
"Aerodactyl! Let's give it our all!" he shouts as he tosses the Pokeball, and the fossil pokemon bursts forth.