• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

Darrius nods.
"Yes, i'm ready to go." He looks towards the newcomer. "Name's Darrius. If you know a quicker way through the forest, I'll gladly accompany you. I'm not personally a fan of too many different bug types, so I'd personally like the trip to be as quick as possible."

"Yes I do know a quicker way though the forest but give me a sec when we get there I wanna catch a weedle" he said shyly "but apart from that and any other attempt to catch some Pokémon we'll be in and then out" he smiled at ry and darrius "we'll have to got through a cave though" he said so it didn't come as a surprise

"Ok!" Jack said in a slightly more confident voice the group got to the forest "so ya know how most people take the main path" he said as a question not meant to be answered "I take a left here and down into this grotto here" he said as he walk along the path he just described "if ya want and weedle grab one now this is the best place to get one cause bedrills never come down here" jack smiled feeling accomplished but he kept that to him self

"I know the small plot of land of which this grotto is in so when I had a look of what's here I found this" he mumbled shyly "I spend most of my time here" jack smiled

"Oh, that's pretty cool." Said Ry. He reached into his bag and pulled out Sting's poke ball. "Go Sting!" Shouted Ry. Ry's curious Weedle, appeared on the ground at Ry's feet.
"We-we," he happily exclaimed.

"Huh. well, maybe you should come out and see the rest of the region with us. I'm sure it'll be a good experience for you. You'll get to see new things, grow, and become closer to your Pokemon." Darrius says to the younger boy, as Sol, his Absol, stretches her legs at his side and starts sniffing around curiously.

"Oh yeah" he though a poke ball at a weedle "1.....2......3..... yes! Got it" jack exclaimed happily "I got a weedle"he looked at darrius really you'll let me come"he said with a smile "my mum lives in Viridian so I'll ask here when we get there oh and if I'm coming you need know my name it's jack"

"Okay then. Let's go in Pewter city!" Shouted Ry racing ahead. Then he stopped. "How about you lead the way Jack, and I'll follow. I don't know where I'm going," said Ry smiling sheepishly.

Darrius nods "Every person who calls themselves a Trainer should venture around their home region, and test themselves against the other trainers. But yes, please lead the way to Pewter City. I'm eager to test the mettle of my Pokemon against Kanto's Gym Leaders."

"Just let me call my mum" he says about 10 minutes later jack convinced his mum to let him go on the journey "yep guys I can come to pewter" jack says with a bit of confidence

"Okay, but first, if we gotta introduce all our friends," said Ry tossing out his poke balls. Fuego, Jet, and Grace all burst out and stood beside Ry and Sting. "This is Fuego, my good partner. This is Jet, and this is Grace." Introducting his Pokémon to Jack.

"These are my Pokémon" he says as he sends out axe char and weedle "so this is axe my axew this is chim my chimchar and this is the weedle I just caught" jack smiled

Fuego walked over and sniffed Chim.
"Infernape?" Fuego asked tilting his head.
"I think they're buddies now." Said Ry with a huge smile

Darrius brings out his Pokemon.
"Meet Havoc, my Salamence; Reaper, my Scizor, Fenrir, my Arcanine, and Magneto, my Pikachu. Plus, you're already slightly familiar with Sol, my Absol." he looks around. "Speaking of which, where'd she get off to?" He whistles loudly.
"Sol! Come here girl!" After a couple seconds, the Absol comes bounding through the grass to his side.
"Sol!" she cries, standing proudly in front of Darrius.

Darrius chuckles at the young boy's excitement.
"It's been a while since I felt like that, but it's good to have young blood around." he said, as though he weren't relatively young himself.

When the group reached Pewter city, in the Pokémon center they were greeted by a man with short brown hair and a green shirt at the counter. "Hello welcome to the amazing city of Pewter. Why might you be here today?" He asked.
"We heard there was a gym here, is that true?" Ry said.
"Well that's me, my name is Forrest. After you heal up your team, meet at the gym and I'll battle you all in succession." And with that Forrest left the Pokémon center.

Name: Dexter
Born in: Kanto
Appearance: Lab Coat, hair kind of like Clemont's but shorter, brown hair, light green sweater, jeans, white sneakers, blue eyes.
Ambitions: To become a Bug Type Gym Leader, so he only has bug types.
Personality: Stubborn, Odd, Crybaby, Funny, Smart
Height: 5'0''

POKEMON
Name: Beedrill
Type: Bug/Poison
Lvl: 20 (now) 40 (later when lvled up)
Mega?: (If it's allowed, yes)
WILL CATCH
Name: Caterpie (but will fully evolve)
Type: Bug
Lvl: 6 (about to evolve)
Mega?: ...What? No.

Name: Venonat (Will NOT fully evolve)
Type: Bug/Poison
Lvl: 4 (when caught) 26 (later when lvled up)
Mega?: ...No.

Name: Scyther
Type: Bug/Flying
Lvl: 12 (when caught) 33 (later when lvled up)

"Okay guys, you go to the gym and get your badges. I'll explore Pewter for a bit," said Ry walking off. He didn't want to ruin the surprise on what Pokémon the gym leader had. It wouldn't be as fun that way.

As Brief was resting in the Pokemon Center he could not help overhear what the guys that just came in talked about as turn to see if they were anything special. When he recognized them as the strong trainers that was in the forest he thinks about it for a few before he saying what the hay and begins to walk toward them.

"Hey there guys couldn't help but overhear you guys conversation so you guys are going to take on the gym leader" Brief lazily speaks.

Ry turned around to face this new guy. He walked over. "The name's Ry. We were just planning to, what about you? Are you going to challenge him?" Ry looked at the kid. There was something mysterious about this kid.

"Yeah Jack, i'm ready. It's been a bit since I've had a Gym Battle, so i may be a bit rough around the edges, but Sol and Havoc will have my back, without a doubt." He beams as he talks about his Pokemon. It's clear that they are valued friends and partners to him.
"Ry, I'm heading over to the Gym, come watch if you get the chance!" he calls as he heads out of the Pokemon Center.

Darrius looked down at the Mega Ring on his hand as he walked. He thought back to his journey through Kalos, and smiled, fondly remembering when Sol first Mega Evolved for him during his battle against Diantha. He then looks down at Sol, and pats her head
"You never let me down girl. I'll put my trust in you."
"Sol!" Sol cried excitedly as they approached the Gym.

When Darrius and Jack were close to the door, they opened to reveal Forrest the Gym Leader.
"Welcome." He said calmly, "as you know, I am the Pewter City Gym leader. I use rock types. So let us begin. You as the challenger will have the first move. This will be a 3 on 3 battle. I the leader, are unable to substitute, but you can with all of your three pokemon you choose. Now enough with the pleastries, and let the battle over the Boulder badge commence!" Forrest threw out a pokeball and a large Kabutops took the field with his scythe like hands. "Step forward Darrius, its time to begin."

Darrius step forward with a smile on his face.
"Come on old friend. it's time to battle!" he calls as he tosses the ball onto the battlefield. Havoc erupts from the ball, letting out a battle cry.
"Are you ready Havoc!?"
"Graaaarroh!"
(OOC, Havoc's Move set: Protect, Dragon Claw, Steel Wing, Hyper Beam. BIC)
"Havoc, Lead off with Steel Wing!" Darrius called. Salamence lunges forward, it's wings glowing a silverish-white, and leans in to strike Kabutops.

"My friend, counter with Dig!" Commanded Forrest in a loud voice. Quickly Kabutops burrowed beneath the ground, completely avoiding the attack.

Last edited:
"Havoc, take to the air! If they're gonna hide under ground, we'll take shelter in the air, so they can't hit us!" Darrius yelled. Salamence nodded, and pulled straight near the ceiling of the Gym, panning over the arena.

"Reveal yourself!" Shouted Forrest as Kabutops popped out of the ground. "Rock throw in the air!" Kabutops aimed a large stone and hurled it at the airborne Havoc.

"Salamence! Spin, and use your tail to knock the Rocks back!"
Darrius shouts. Salamence spins in the air, and uses its tail to knock the rocks back down towards Kabutops.
"Now, close in and use Dragon Claw!"

Forrest smiled. This guy was a real challenge. " Go close in with Slash and counter the Dragon Claw" Forrest roared. Kabutops jumped up and charged the large dragon with his blade at ready.

The two Pokémon collide in mid-air, and repel each other back towards their respective Trainers.
"Go for Steel Wing again Havoc!"
Salamence launches itself forward again, wings glowing.

"Use surf!" Shouted Forrest. Kabutops jumped up and a wave of water appeared under him getting ready for the water to swallow the charging Salamence.