• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

"Counter with Mach Punch!" Shouted Ry. He was exited to battle this strong dragon type. Fuego raised his fist and swung at the charging Druddigon, with his fist glowing white.

"Take the hit and continue your attack" Brief said calmly. The dragon takes the Mach Punch and strikes back with its Dragon Claw. "Drago here is a lot tougher than Melody a attack like that will only stop him for a bit."

"That wasn't the plan," said Ry smiling. "Now that you're close, us Flame Wheel and spin!" Ry shouted. Fuego got low and started to catch fire and spin, trying to knock Drago off his balance.

Drago lose balance and falls back "Oh thats pretty sneak Ry but don't think you its going help much" said Brief. "Drago use Dragon Rage!" Drago lifts up it's head firing off a large blue fire ball straight at the fire monkey.

"Limbo time!" Shouted Ry as Fuego leaned back, narrowly avoiding the fireball. "It's our own special form of martial arts. We both know it well. I call it Infernape-jitsu." Ry said smiling. "Now Thunder Punch!"
The Infernape charged at the dragon type with his fist surrounded by crackiling yellow electricity.

"Your Infernape is pretty fast but my Druddigon has power met the attack with your own Thunder Punch with your other claw hit it hard with Dragon Claw" spoke Brief . The two Thunder Punches clashed both sides fighting to over power the other. Drago smirks as his other claw is coated with Dragon energy he strikes at Infernape catching the fire monkey off guard.

Fuego got knocked back and in mid - air Ry shouted "Mach Blitz!" Fuego landed on his feet and raised his fist for a Mach punch. He ran forward with his Mach Punch at ready, then burst into flames and used Flare Blitz. The Infernape rushed forward, while draped in flames, charging the dragon type. Ry smirked. Fuego would take some damage, but Draco would take more.

"Oh now that is creative I give you that Ry, Drago take the Mach Blitz use Superpower to ease the pain next grab Infernape once it makes contact then fire off a Dragon Rage at point blank range" commanded Brief. Infernape's Mach Blitz came at Drago like a flaming bullet Drago's body is being covered in a strange power as he braces for the attack. The attack makes contact pushing Drago back with incredible force doing heavy damage to him he grabs hold of the flaming pokemon its burns having to hold Infernape with him being a dragon type it doesn't hurt as bad. Drago opens his mouth to releases the attack covering both pokemon in a explosion.

Fuego stood covered in bruises with a goofy smile on his face. "We've been through worse then this," said Ry smiling. He nodded at his partner and shouted, "Keep up the pressure, use Mach Punch!" The Infernape smiled and charged the Druddigon with his fist ready to strike. If Fuego could beat Pokemon he had weaknesses to, he could beat this dragon. Fuego lived for tough battles like this one.

In the dust created by the explosion was a bruised up Drago all of a sudden he lets out a powerful roar blowing away the remaining dust. "Look at that you gone and excited him I guess he sees Fuego as a truly powerful opponent" said Brief. "Show them no weakness use Superpower to slam Infernape" Druddigon charges toward Infernape the two pokemon clash again with either side backing down Fuego strikes hard with is his Mach Punch but Drago tanks the punch grabs Fuego by the arm with great force slams him to the ground.

Fuego hits the ground with great force. "Now use Flame Wheel!" Ry shouted clenching his fist. "You got this!" Fuego started to spin and spin while covered in thick red flames. He rolled towards Draco with all of his might.

Last edited:
"You are just loving this aren't you big guy" Brief lazily spoke to his pokemon. "Hey Ry you are not the only one that has combo attacks Dragon Thunder Punch!" Drago nods in understanding he rises his claw dragon energy surging forming a claw as Drago closes his claw the dragon energy surrounds his fist as it begins to electrify. Brief nods seeing it has worked "NOW GO!" Drago charges toward the Flame Wheel excited to clash again with Fuego.

Fuego got slammed and flew backwards. He struggled to stand up. When he was up, Ry shouted, "Go, Mach and Thunder Punch."
Both trainer and Pokémon raised their fists and copied each other's movements. One of Fuegos fist, was glowing with white energy, while the other crackled with electricity. Fuego rushed forward with Ry coping his movements. This was a trick they had learned training with Mylene. They were so close, that Ry could predict what his Infernape would do and copy that movement. It was a skill that Mylene felt was necessary for a Fighting Type partner. Fuego punched and jabbed with both fists and aimed for Draco. "We can do this," Ry thought to himself.

Last edited:
Brief's lazy demeanor change to an excited one. "Ry I am feeling yours and Fuego's moxie I love it!" excitedly spoke Brief. " Drago I see how you feel now this battle makes my blood boil Drago met the attacks dual Dragon Claw." Drago surrounds both claws in dragon energy and rushes forward both pokemon exchanges blows with Fuego's Mach Punch starting off the exchange neither pokemon is giving an inch the exchange ends with Fuego's Mach Punch and Drago's Dragon Claw clash sending back pokemon sliding back.

"Flare Blitz!" Shouted Ry as Fuego rushed forward, covered in flames. The Infernape roared as he charged his opponent. He was going win this.

Last edited:
Name : Steve
Born
in : 10/10/07
Appearance : Looks Like Red
Pokemon on hand : Mega Charizard X, Shiny Gengar, Gyarados, Raichu (Kanto Not Alolan), Arcanine And Mewtwo
Ambitions : Being The Very Best
Personality : Silly And Funny

The Flare Blitz hits Drago hard sending him flying back he try's to stand up but falls back down is this the end? "Drago this isn't all you have to give show them the raw power of our moxie so....GET UP!!" yelled Brief. Drago begins to stand back up but something was different he is being covered in a red aura he opens his eyes revealing they are glowing red be rushes towards Fuego in a berserk like state. ".......is this what I think it is Outrage" spoke Brief he begins to smile. "Thank you Ry and Fuego your burning fighting spirit has lead to Drago learning Outrage you have my thanks."

(OOC sorry for taking so long to post got busy)

"Block with Thunder Punch." shouted Ry. The Infernape, raised his fist to block the attack, just in time, but still taking a big chunk of damage. Fuego flew backwards and landed softly on his feet. His flames were burning brighter then ever. His ability Blaze was activated. "Go, give it all you got with Flame wheel!" Shouted Ry, fully trusting his Pokemon would come through. Fuego charged, while spinning in flames at the Dragon type, using the remainder of his strength.

Drago still in his berserk state because of Outrage tries to fight off the powered up Flame Wheel with his ability Sheer Force helping to match the power but by the looks of it the attacks is starting to push Drago back. Brief sees the Flame Wheel is starting to overpower Drago comes up with a plan. "Drago are you in control?" Drago turns to his master and nods. "Good I want to make this a battle of stamina who will give first you or Fuego, Ry you are the not the only one who was trained by a gym leader of Sinnoh Master Byron has shown me what it means to have an iron will me and my pokemon will not break so easily" said Brief.

(Drago's current moveset: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Superpower, Thunder Punch no longer can use Dragon Rage)

Ry smiled when he had heard, Bryon's name. The steel type gym leader was a tough one. The two Pokémon collided. Sparks began to fly across the field. "Flare Blitz now!" Shouted Ry. The flames covering Infernape began to grow. The Flame Wheel was engulfed in flames. It was one of Fuego's strongest combos.

Brief sees the Flare Blitz is intensifying the flames of the Flame Wheel. " Drago use Superpower to increase the strenght of your Outrage and slam him down on the ground" commented Brief qho hoping to put out the flames by knocking out the Infernape. Drago begins to lift up the blazing Infernape who is starting to become a mini sun in his claws he slams him down creating an explosion of heat and dust the whole area is being bathed in this intense heatwave.

Fuego stood there smiling. He was standing in a large crater. His flames were bright blue. "Now go!" Ry shouted. He knew what was happening. Fuego was about to go berserk. He always did this in tough battles. The infernape rushed forward, again with another Flare Blitz. What Fuego did, wasnt out of anger, but of the joy of battle. This attack would probably use the rest of his strength. But Ry didnt care. He was glad that him and his partner was having fun.

Name: Jay
Born in: Lavender Town, Kanto
Appearence: Looks like Ash
Pokemon on hand: Rhydon, Snorlax, Golem, Mega-Charizard-Y, Gyrados, Pidgeot
Ambitions: Killing all trainers to become #1
Personality: Evil, Scheming

Jay sees an intense battle rage on and on and on... but... one of them looks skilled, so he watches Ry...

Last edited by a moderator:
The dust settles Brief watches as he see Fuego covered in a bright blue flame. "Wow Fuego is really tough I can't believe he is still standing don't you agree big guy?" Drago nods in agreement. "Drago is looking very beat up this next attack is going to be his last the same can be said about Fuego" thought Brief. " Drago met that Flare Blitz with Outrage" Drago body once again flared up with dragon energy he rushes forward the two pokemon clash once more the force of the attacks sends both pokemon reeling back both pokemon began too shakily stand up.

Drago smiles as he sees his opponent faint with style as he too faints. "You did well Drago return this is is our last pokemon Ry" said Brief. "Beat em down WeHeavy!" Brief releases his next pokemon who is his loyal Steelix the large iron snake lets out a mighty roar which manged to scary off a flock of Pidgeys that was in the area.

Ry smiled at the beast. "Go Jet!" Ry shouted tossing out his Sceptile. The sceptile took his stance. "Use Leaf Blade." Jet rushed forward with his leaves ready to go.

Sol takes notice of Jay spectating the battle, and begins to growl softly.
"Sol? What'sa matter girl?" Darrius asks her as the battle proceeds.
"Sol! Sol!" she growls softly to her trainer, nodding in the direction of the other trainer watching the battle.
"Hm? well, if you don't like what you sense, I trust you girl." Darrius says, petting her gently, watching the suspicious trainer from across the way.

Sceptile begins too rush and strikes Steelix with a powerful Leaf Blade. " Heavy strike back with Iron Head" commented Brief Heavy charges toward Jet intending to do some damage.

The two pokemon collided and Jet fell back. "Swords dance now!" shouted Ry trying to boost Jet's attack. Jet pushed his arms out and focused his energy.

NAME:Shannon

Reigon:Kanto

Hair:Blond with pink highlights long and wavy hair is in a bun

PKMN:NONE

Clothes:White top with black bow black capris and a white bow

"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!" Shannon yelled running to her grandpas lab."GARY WAIIIT!!!" She yelled but the boy was just a bug catcher"SORRY!!" She yelled.When she got there Oak said"Late..again..but I have a pokemon for you!" "What is it???" She asked "Pidgy..Rattata,Squirtle..Bulbasaur...Charmander..." she said.Oak shook his head"Nope.." He said "Well what then?" She asked "Abra..and sence hes a little weak..well erm...This Ghastly!But hes a little..well..you know bad.." "Ill take it she said leaving