• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles was fascinated at the Turtonator. He knew Hanna had one but he didn't know Landon had one.

"Lets see, Turtonator is a Fire and Dragon Type. That means the best Pokemon would be..." Charles thought in his mind.

"Come on out Sandygast!" Charles said as he threw Sandygast's Pokeball.

"Let's use Bulldoze!" Charles called out to the Sand Heap Pokemon.

"Lurantis! Use Razor Leaf!" Hanna yelled, "Tsareena, Razor Leaf as well!" Hanna had been split up from her group of friends in the last couple of days, she'd been putting a lot of her time and focus into training, as she felt like the others had been one step ahead of her. She'd raced through the island trials, she lost one of them but re-did it and won. She'd now been testing out Tsareena and Lurantis's strength and skill against each other. They'd been competing over the journey of the third island, trying to see who was the better battler, as much as Hanna tried to convince them they both were. Turtonator was stronger than ever right now, putting up high Defense and not doing so bad in attack. Hanna's z-moves were getting better and better all the time and she eagerly practised them as much as she could.

During negotiations the course of the third island, Hann and her team have had a couple of changes. Hanna has a new look, her long blonde hair now tied up in a neat bun. She wears a midriff, white top and black shorts, as well as pale pink sneakers. All of her Pokemon had learned new moves and Hanna has several different approaches to battling now, different skills and tactics. She was ready for whatever was to come.

Hann walked alongside and dusty, dirt footpath somewhere on Ula Ula Island. She didn't really know where she was, and she wasn't exactly sure if it mattered. She was a little worriedly about whee the main group was, they could already be on the next island, but would they leave her? She couldn't make up her mind. But as she was having her own private debate, she heard some familiar voices, the ones of her friends. She ran down the path as fast as she could, tossing Tsareena's pokeball into the air. Tsareena popped out and started running alongside Hanna. Finally, her friends came into sight and Hanna gave a big, cheerful wave. "Hey guys! It's been a while!" She exclaimed. She saw everyone's Pokemon and she wondered if they were battling, well they looked like they had been at least.

"Hey I've seen that Pokemon!" Landon exclaimed as he recalled what had happened when he first arrived in Alola, "Rotom who's that Pokemon?" Rotom smiled as it pulled up a picture of the Pokemon, "Sandygast, the Sand Heap Pokemon: a Ghost and Ground Type. It takes control of anyone who puts a hand in its mouth. And so it adds to the accumulation of its sand-mound body." Landon turned back to the Pokemon with a dead expression, when he had first arrived in Alola, that Pokemon shot him square in the face with a Shadow Ball, "Alright Turt use Dragon Pu-" Landon was cut off by the sound of a horn going off. "That's your boat!" Rotom panicked. Landon grabbed his belongings and quickly recalled Turt, "Robby, Evon, Hanna our boat's here!" Landon yelled as he ran with Charles to the boat.

"Wait, what?! I thought we were scheduled to take off in the morning! It's still the middle of the night!" Evon said, slightly freaking out.
"Go get Robby! I'll hold the boat for you guys!" Mallow said, sending out and jumping on top of her Talonflame. She flew to the boat ahead of the others to get it to wait for them.
Evon ran into the Pokemon Center, barging into Robby's room. "WEEOO WEEOO! Time to wake up, sleepyhead! The boat's leaving!"

Robby rubbed his eyes, "What? Come on I just spent the past two hours training.. Let me sleep." Robby said groggily as the information slowly processed through his head.
"Wait what?! I thought it was leaving in the morning!" Robby yelled as he shot up and jumped out of the bed and grabbed his bag, "Thank goodness I fell asleep in my regular clothes." Robby said as he ran out the Pokemon Center with Evon.

"So did I! Mallow's holding the boat for us." Evon said, grabbing his bag from where he and Mallow had been training just a few minutes ago. He saw the others not too far ahead, and just barely saw Mallow flying off on her Talonflame.

Landon saw the sun rising in the distance as he ran onto the boat along with Rotom, "Alright, who got us the pass?" Landon asked as he tried to catch his breath. "I did, you and Robby were so stoked about taking part in the Alola League that I got you all a ride on the first boat I could get!" Rotom replied. "Why did you say that it was leaving in the morning!" Landon shouted. "It's currently 4:54 am also know as the morning," Rotom answered.

"Hurry, the boat is leaving!" Robby exclaimed as he picked up his speed, they were almost there. "So close!" Robby yelled as he reached the pier, "Oh no you don't!" Robby yelled as he reached the end of the pier and dove onto the boat, toppling over a seat and landing upside down after crashing into the side of the boat. "Ouch... That hurt." Robby said as he flipped himself around, at least he made it.

Landon offered a hand to help Robby up as he quickly checked around, he noticed that Hanna and Charles made their way on but he didn't see Evon, "Robby, where's Evon?" he asked as he looked around for him.

"R-right here!" Evon said, holding something that the others hadn't seen before in his right hand. "Sorry, dropped something."
Mallow sat down, sighing. "Wow, you guys are heading to your last island. Pretty cool."
"I know, right? Hard to believe we've been traveling this long." Evon said. "Remember when we first met? You guys had just finished Ilima's trial."

"Thanks Landon." Robby said as he grabbed his hand and pulled himself up, "Oh, Hanna, Charles. Nice to see you guys again." Robby said with a smile before he turned to Evon. "Yeah, those were the times where I acted like I was on vacation." Robby said before he noticed Evon holding something, "Hey Evon what's that." Robby asked, pointing to the object in his hand.

"Oh? Nothing. Just a case I've been keeping my things in." Evon said, placing it back in his jacket. "So I notice none of you have said anything about my costume change."
"I really can't be as nostalgic as you guys. I only joined up with Evon at the end of Akala." Mallow said, sighing.

"Oh I see." Robby said as he watched Evon put the case in his jacket pocket. "Oh, I already noticed I thought I complimented you are something. But, nice get up, Evon." Robby said with as he sat down. "I think I had a costume change before we got to Akala." Robby said looking down at his black t-shirt and white shorts, "I kinda miss my hat though." Robby added as he ran his hand through his blonde hair.

"Sorry, didn't notice the wardrobe change," Landon replied as he took his own case out containing all of his Z-Crystals, "We've come a long way since then," Landon admired all of his Crystals, he remembered how he got each one of them. As the boat continued Landon saw an Island just over the horizon, "There it is, Poni Island, there we'll get our final Z-Crystals and after that, I'll enter the Alola League," Landon smiled as he clenched his fist, Landon soon felt a buzzing in his pocket, he reached in and found his Pokegear was going off, "I forgot I even had this with me," Landon muttered as he answered the call. "Alright see you then," Landon ended the call, "Well Lyra's plane just landed, so, that's cool."

Hanna gave a little laugh, "It felt like such a long time ago now, when I got Steenee and you guys got all of your starters." Hanna said. She had Tsareena sitting next to her and gave her a small smile, Tsareena was her first pokemon ever, she felt they had a special connection.

She suddenly had an idea, she pulled her backpack off and dug her hands through it, she then pulled out a silver, extendable fishing rod. She walked over to the edge of the boat and cast her line into the water.

Landon watched as the sky became clear and blue and, after a long boat ride they reached the docks of Poni Island, "Guys there it is!" Landon yelled to everyone. It wasn't long after that the boat docked at Poni Island, "Alright Rotom, where to?" Landon asked as he got off of the boat. "Well first we'll need to find the Kahuna of the Island, because my records show of no Trial Captains here," Rotom replied, as the Rotom Dex continued the explanation, Landon peered over and saw a familiar figure. "That white haired freak!" Landon yelled as he ran off towards the figure, which he had realized it was Guzma prior.

Robby followed Landon off the boat and listened to Rotom as he spoke about the island, "No captains huh, then do we just go to the Kahuna?" Robby asked as he looked around, enjoying the small port town on Poni. Robby was startled when Landon suddenly yelled before he ran off after someone, "My ear.. Are you even sure that is him?!" Robby shouted over to Landon before shaking his head and running after him.

"Lucario come out." Robby said as he ran after Landon, Lucario appeared next to Robby, already running. "Lucario can you use your Aura to confirm that he is really Guzman?" Robby asked Lucario, the pokemon nodded and looked over in the direction of the white haired guy. Lucario then looked back to Robby and nodded again, "So he's come here too huh."

"Wait!" Evon said, pulling both of them back and putting his hand over Landon's mouth. He pointed towards his watch, which was picking up at least eight Shadow Pokemon where Guzma was. "That's not all." Evon said. He took out something from his bag. It was the severed hand of the Man in the Mask - back from Akala, when it had tried to kill him.
There was a green light in the palm of its hand, and it was slowly blinking.

"What's up?" Landon asked as he moved Evon's hand, he saw Evon's watch glowing, "That's the arm that the robot, man, thing had right?" he asked. Landon got up and began slowly moving towards Guzma, he noticed there was another person there, they wore a white uniform and hat, Landon looked a little closer and saw the person handing something off to Guzma.

Robby was once again surprised when Evon pulled him back, "Shadow Pokemon again?" Robby asked with a groan, "They're mean." Robby said as Lucario ran over to them and crouched next to them. "Woah, you still have that thing? And what is that blinking in its hand?" Robby asked Evon examining the robot hand before turning back toward Guzman and noticing the person in the white uniform. "Wait. That's weird... That almost looks like one of those Aether people or something." Robby said squinting his eyes, trying to get a better look.

"And... OH MY GOD!" Evon barely muted himself and pulled the two back into complete cover. "Didn't you see? There are two Men in the Masks! At least! We know because they're both right there!"

Gabba had dine some fishing and successfully captured a Mareanie. She was filled with delight until she suddenly saw the boys rush off in alarm. She scowled at the sight of Guzma. "Lurantis!" Hanna said softly, tossing a pokeball in the air while creeping over to wear the others were.

"So what's the plan then?" Landon asked as he walked back to everyone, Landon didn't know what to do when it came to Shadow Pokemon, he had never encountered them before or seen them in person.

"I fought Plumeria's shadow Pokemon but it was tough. We should leave this up to Evon." Robby said calmly as he crouched behind cover, Lucario crouched next to him.

"So, Evon. What do we do? You're the only one that really knows about Shadow Pokemon and those masked men." Robby asked Evon, taking a deep breathe.

"I don't know much about the masked men except that they're dangerous." Evon said. "They fight like enraged Pokemon, and can take blades out of their sleeves. I know that much. But I do know about the Shadow Pokemon. I helped to take down Cipher two years ago, an evil organization that produces Shadow Pokemon. It was my first battle, back when I only had Glaceon - still an Eevee then. Shadow Pokemon are Pokemon who have had their hearts artificially closed to make them pure fighting machines, at the cost of self-restraint. They will not hesitate to attack trainers and attempt to kill Pokemon, and can even turn on their own trainers. There are only two ways to purify them, but neither is currently an option. Either we use a Pokemon Purifier machine set up back in Orre, or get Celebi to purify them."

"Alright so, what if there's a machine causing this?" Landon whispered, "If we were to destroy that machine would the Pokemon go back to normal?" Landon asked.

"Doesn't work like that." Evon continued. "Once their hearts are closed, Shadow Pokemon stay that way until they're purified. They need a machine to make more Shadow Pokemon, but destroying it won't help the Shadow Pokemon it already transformed."

"So what do we do?" Robby asked, "This is almost like a hopeless situation and I doubt Celebi is going to come flying here." Robby said as ran his hand through his hair. "I mean, we could fight them off but that wouldn't really do anything." Robby said, he was stumped, strategy wise.

Landon noticed that Guzma was leaving along with the shady figure, "I'm going after them, and I'm getting Pod back," he whispered to everyone. "But Shadow Pokemon sound dangerous, you could get hurt!" Rotom replied in a worry. "If they make Shadow Pokemon then maybe they have a way to reverse it, either way, I'm getting Pod back," Landon replied as he began running towards the boat Guzma and the mystery people were going on.

"Landon's right, we have to follow them." Robby said, Lucario nodded in agreement. "Just make sure they don't spot you." Robby called out as he followed Landon and occasionally ducked behind cover, thankfully not many people were around so they weren't getting an weird looks which would draw attention to them.

Evon sent out Vaporeon, who followed them in water form. It jumped into the water, swimming through until it passed them. Guzma had two Team Skull grunts with him, and the Aether Foundation man had two Men in Masks with him as they saw earlier. They got onto the boat, and it began to depart. Evon located a nearby boat, waving the others over to it. Mallow jumped in, turning it on.

Landon jumped into the boat with Evon and Mallow, "Alright let's get going," he whispered, he could care less about the masked people he was just concerned about getting Pod back once and for all.

Robby and Lucario ran over to Evon and the others and hopped into the boat, "Yeah, let's go." Robby said as he took a seat and watched the other boat carefully as it began to sail away from the port. "Hopefully this isn't a trap." Robby mumbled, they could very well be capture or maybe even worse.

Hanna ran over and jumped into the boat, Lurantis at her side. "I know a little about those guys, but you guys know more. Can someone please explain to me what they've done?" Hanna asked.

"Basically, that dude with the weird white hair is Guzman, the leader of Team Skull, those guys in the white uniforms are Aether Foundation members, and the two masked men are robots that tried to kill us. And they all have Shadow Pokemon." Robby explained to Hannah as they trailed the enemy boat from a distance.

"Where do you think they are going, Evon?" Robby asked, he didn't know about any near islands, so he had no idea where they could be trying to go in a small boat like that.

"Dunno. With their trajectory, they're headed away from the island. I'm not familiar with the sea's geography..." Evon said.
"They're heading to Aether Foundation." Mallow replied, cutting in. "You're right, Robby - there's nothing out that way. Except the artificial island of the Aether Foundation."
"You're telling me THAT's where those robots are coming from...?" Evon said, shocked.

"Aether Foundation... I had a feeling, they just seemed... Too nice." Robby said as he sat back and looked out into the water. "Didn't you go to the Aether Foundation's island before, Hanna?" Robby asked, looking toward Hanna, remembering back when their group split off before Ula'Ula.

"So, anyway. What's our game plan guys? Are we going to sneak around for a bit or just rush in, guns ablazing?" Robby asked the group.

"All I know is that I'm going after Guzma," Landon replied as the approached the Aether Paradise, he wasn't concerned with the Masked people or Shadow Pokemon, he only cared about getting his Pokemon back. "You guys ready to storm the Aether Paradise?" Landon asked eagerly.

"No, we should go in stealthily." Evon said. "The farther we can get without being detected, the better. We don't know who's on what side here, so the farther we can go without being seen the better."
"There's a dock on the first basement floor." Mallow said. "I went there once. We can dock there."

"Alright, sounds like a plan. I'm ready to do this." Robby said, confidently, Lucario sat patiently next to him. "Just be ready for anything who knows what else we might find." Robby added.

After a while of sailed, Robby squinted to see something in the distance, "Look, it's the Aether Foundation." Robby said, pointing toward the artificial island that was approached quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.