• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

Kace grins and gets pulled along by the more experienced trainer. He keeps pace with her as they traverse the city. He looks around, it was so much different than the dark forest. The sun was shining and the lake was glimmering to a point where it was almost too much. And all the homes and shops were beautiful from an architectural point of view. They were exceptionally designed homes that perfectly fit the climate and lakeside location. They ran into a shop with many sparkling stones; this shop was by far his favorite. They were all so circular and perfect; they glimmered unnaturally. A design was placed in each of them and he wondered if they were man-made or not. As he neared one of them his egg shook slightly in response. He thought that was extremely peculiar but then again the egg shook constantly.

As they were starting to near the end of the town, the sun was also coming to an end. The sunset cast beautiful reflections upon the still lake. He looked up ahead and spotted the Pokemon Center in full view of the lake. Kace ran ahead and entered the sliding, glass doors. He stepped up to the counter and placed the egg case there. Similar to the other Pokemon Center's Nurse Joy, this one checked the egg and pointed out the cracks and how it shook. "I would suggest keeping the egg out of the case because it is so close to hatching!" she said enthusiastically. This brightened Kace's spirits and after saying 'thank you' to the nurse, he took the egg over to a bench near the front of the Center. He took it out of it's case as instructed and held it in his hands, it's smooth, yet hard shell felt warm in his hands. After placing the case in his pack, Kace leaned back against the bench and traced the cracks along the egg's shell while waiting for the others. He felt a very deep connection with this oval-shaped form of life and hugged it close to his body.

Robby trailed behind the group, taking in the beauty of the city that he's never visited. The aroma of food, the designs of the buildings and houses, and the color of the bright blue water caught his eyes in awe. He walked over to the bench Kace sat at with his egg.

"Do you have any pokeballs for when it hatches?" He asked. "When it does, it'll need a pokeball to stay in for either it's protection, yours, or just for any situation besides not wanting to watch it constantly." A small outside market caught his attention as something delicious swam into his nostrils, his stomach growling for food. He made his way over to the small old man behind the counter, "Welcome! Welcome! Would you like to try some of my famous cooked berries?" He reached his hands out, holding a plate of berries that were still steaming from just being cooked. He popped one into his mouth and rolled his eyes with a moan. "One bag please."

He paid the man and returned to the group, enjoying his lunch. He sat on the bench, and began to devour his small lunch.

C.C had Nurse Joy check up on her new Sneasel, "Congratulations! It seems your Sneasel has a hidden ability: Pickpocket!" Sneasel smirks up at C.C, holding up another Frost Ball.

"Oh stop showing off, you." She laughed, taking the ball back. Sneasel is once more sitting of C.C's shoulder, and the two walk around town. Sneasel excitedly points out an item shop. C.C walks in shaking her head with a laugh.

Phanta, having decided that this group was worth sticking around to watch, offered to help out with the egg.
"I believe the pokeballs in this town are cheap, I wouldn't mind joining you to get some" Phanta offered."What's in the egg, do you know?"

Phanta, slightly distracted by Brent, turns away from Kace to ask "Is everything ok?" towards Brent. Phanta used to get like this right before an important gym battle.

{OOC: Should I have mentioned what my team is a long time ago?}

Kace makes room for Robby on the bench outside of the Pokemon Center and listens to his advice. He nods in agreement and pats his Dark ball still in his pocket from the encounter with Poochyena. He watches as Robby gets up and walks to a man working at a cart. He sniffs and finds a delicious aroma when Robby brings a bag back. Kace walks over to the man's cart, eager for a taste. "Would you like to try one, too?" he asked happily. Kace nods and carefully takes a steaming hot berry from the plate.

"Mm." is all he can say after taking a bite of the delicious fruit. He finishes the small treat and looks over to where the man is making something else. "What is that you're making there?" Kace asks.

"Ah, this is Pokemon Food, my boy!" he sniffs the circular brown pellets and sighs. "This recipe has been passed down by generations upon generations of my family along with the berries. Cooking is very important to my heritage, you see." Kace nods finding that the skill for making Pokemon food would be invaluable on a journey like the one he was on.

"May I ask you something, sir?" he says shyly.

"Why of course, don't be shy now!" the man says with a chuckle.

"I'd like to learn how to make Pokemon Food so when I have my first Pokemon I can feed them and make them happy." he smiles softly.

The man looks up and thinks for a moment. "How long will you be in town?" he asks, scratching his chin.

"Perhaps a couple of days?" Kace answers.

"Well alright then, my boy! I shall take you in as an apprentice and show you the ways of cooking!" the cook says loudly with a slap on his rather large belly. Kace grins in response. While they are out battling and training for gym matches I can spend my time learning how to cook for our Pokemon!

"
I'll be right back!" he said and dashed off to the Center. Once he got inside he gave the egg a small kiss and then handed it over for the Nurse to hang onto.

"I will alert you when it is close to hatching." she says. Kace walks out of the Center into the evening and starts his Apprenticeship.

As he walked over to the cart Phanta showed up. "I believe I should be good on Pokeballs, but thank you!" he answered. "I have no idea what's in my egg, all I know is that it is a Dark type." he said. He scratched his head wondering about what it could be. He waved his hand and returned to the man by the cart.

"Here ya are, boy!" he said handing him an apron. "Say, what's your name anyway, apprentice?" he obviously liked the title, apprentice, because he grinned at the word.

"I'm Kace Orlin." he said to the cook's question.

"Well, hello Kace, I'm Philip but you can call me, Chief. That's what everybody else calls me." he chuckles. Kace nodded, he liked to be noticed as a peer and not a low-life student. "Let's get started, Kace!"

Phanta, confused by Brent's behaviour, elected to ignore it in favour to watch watch Kace learning to cook proper food, hoping to pick up on the skill Incase he ever needs it. The Chief seemed like an expert, so Phanta broke out a notepad to write down notes.

He sighs walking to the phones he calls his parents talking to his mom "I'll think about it" he smiles she smiles "son after you go to that lab I'll send train tickets if your friends want to come they can come as well the farm's a good place to relax" he laughs nervously "yea sure mom" Joan pouts "what's that suppose to mean"

The night was perfect. Under the millions of stars it felt so peaceful in this town. The shining stars cast reflections onto the still lake causing a mirror effect. It was beautiful and the temperature was warm but with a gentle breeze, it made it perfect to be out at night. Kace stood by the stove trying to perfect his rolling of the pellets. With a watchful eye from Chief he had learned a lot. Kace yawned into his elbow and looked down at his stained apron with pride. He felt a sense of accomplishment as he looked at the stained fabric and the row of perfect pellets sitting on the stand in front of him. "If you need rest, just tell me when and we can start back up tomorrow." Chief said with the slightest hint of a yawn.

"No, I think I'll be okay. Let's keep going." he said without looking away from his pellet rolling. The smells around him were easily found and singled out. They had spent an hour or so sniffing and tasting the different kinds of Pokemon Food so he could determine which one it was and what ingredients were used in it. They had even gone to the step of blindfolding Kace to see if he could determine the foods. He wanted to focus on the Dark-type Food but Chief told him that he needed to know all of them to be a true Cook. Chief had told him he was a natural and a quick learner which made him glow with pride.

He continued to roll out the dough until Chief stopped him. "Smell the air, boy. What is it I'm cooking with?" Kace sniffed the air for a moment.

"Occa Berries?" he asked.

"Correct!" Chief said with a grin. Chief used berries that seemed like they would have a negative effect on the Pokemon eating them. Occa Berries, when given to a Pokemon, reduce the effectiveness of a super-effective, Fire-type attack. But when cooked, it actually enhances the power of moves of that type. So Chief was cooking for a Fire-type Pokemon.

Kace grinned back up at Chief, proud that he had gotten the answer right. "Here let me show you the next step." Chief said. "So, first the berry is diced and placed into the mix of flour, sugar, and eggs. It is then stirred and rolled into pellets. After this, it is time to cook the pellets, the most important part!" Kace yawns loudly, his eyes drooping. Chief pauses before continuing. "Hmm, I want to save this for tomorrow though. You need your rest, boy." Kace tries protest but can't because a mighty yawn stops him. He nods and removes the apron over his head knowing that Chief was right. He places it on the stand and waves 'good bye' to Chief. "Get some shut eye! It will be a long day tomorrow!" Kace steps into the Pokemon Center and trundles over to the rooms. He places his backpack at the edge of one, which he had dragged over from the cart and plops onto the bed. He immediately falls asleep, the only movement is the rise and fall of his chest.

Robby had finishes his meal and the sight seeing for the day. The big day. So much had happened just to get to the town. He made his way into the quiet Pokémon center where he found an empty bed. He threw his backpack to the side of it then kicked off his shoes and placed them neatly by his side.

He sat on the bed with a long sigh, a sigh of relaxation. He fell back, bouncing a little as he laid there staring up into the ceiling, one arm across his forehead the other stretched out on the bed. Unable to sleep he sat back up, and dug into his bag until he found his small notepad and a pencil.

He curled up on the back, back against the headboard and knees drawn up as he opened it up, switches on the bedside lamp, and began doodling.

Phanta passed out against a tree in the nearest open field as he went back to train for a while. The Stars were bright and the air had a gentle warmness to it. He figured the others wouldn't mind, and he'd be back again in the morning for breakfast anyway. He had a gym battle to train for.

Kace woke up feeling a twinge within his chest. He had wanted to get up early anyway. He groaned as he stood up and got dressed. He grabbed a granola bar from his pack and ate it quickly. After washing up he walked over to the counter in the front of the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy wasn't there this early but he felt the twinge again. He walked around the counter to where the nurse usually stood. He looked around for his egg, feeling that this twinge connected with it. He walked into a room behind the counter to find where the Pokemon were usually being healed up. He walked over to a distant table in the dark, unoccupied room. It was his egg shining with a natural, faint glow. It shook and a cracking sound was audible. Its hatching! he thought with excitement. The room shone with the light, now building in strength. The cracking sound continued until the light suddenly flashed out and the egg lay in ruins around a small creature. The Dark-type Pokemon, of that he was sure, looked up at him with small eyes. Kace smiled down at it, his partner had finally hatched.

((OOC Mode: Wow so much has happened xD))

C.C continued around town, surprisingly having not seen the rest of the group. Must be all off doing their thing she shrugged, eating a cinnamon roll. Flayke was resting on her head, head poking out from beneath her beanie and her new Sneasel on her shoulder. "Where do you think we should go?"

Flayke mewled, Sneasel nodded, pointing towards a small boutique. "Flaaayke," C.C whined, "You know I hate clothes shopping!" Flayke cried in exasperation, and Sneasel pulled his reluctant trainer by the leg of her jeans towards the shop. C.C made it a point to groan loudly in annoyance directed at the two males for 'torturing' her.

Robby awoke, his pencil and pad on the floor where they fell, him fallen across the bed, in almost a fetus like position. He awoke slowly, grabbing his bag and went in the bathroom to change and freshen up. Minutes later, he left the bathroom stuffing his toothbrush back in his bag. He had changed into a plain like blue long sleeve, with the sleeves rolled up just below his elbows and khaki shorts.

Seeing he was the only one there, he left the room looking around for his group. He walked up to the front counter, and seeing no one but a shadow in the open door that separated the waiting area and the back area where they kept Pokémon. He stuck his head in, seeing Kace.

"Oh hey!" He greeted Kace. "Seems everyone else is out enjoying town." He turned his head to where Kace was staring. "Oh man! Your egg finally hatched!" He exclaimed, slapping him on the back. "Dude that's a cool little Pokémon you got there." He smiled.

Kace looked up at Robby, grinning largely. "I know, it finally happened!" Earlier, he had tried to pick up the little Pokemon but for some reason he couldn't. Just then Nurse Joy walked in yawning from a separate room. "What's all the commotion?" she said tiredly. She immediately snapped awake when she found that the egg had hatched. "Oh my." The nurse, doing her duty, rolled the Pokemon over to a counter by the rolling table that he was sitting upon. She too tried to pick him up but failed so she slid the Pokemon over the metal table to the metal counter. All the while a scraping sound could be heard throughout the room. The small Pokemon whined for Kace which made him his trainer smile sadly. The nurse walked over to a screen on the wall and flipped it on, along with the lights. The illuminated screen showed the Pokemon's statistics and species. Kace read the screen aloud, "Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokemon."

He read further and found that the Pokemon was already 100 lbs. because of its rock hard skin. That's why I couldn't lift it. he thought. The hatchling was a male with the ability 'Guts' and the egg moves of Bite and Leer. Kace looked down at the Pokemon and smiled softly, the hatchling met his eyes and yawned. But it insistently wanted Kace, which could easily be told by its body language of constantly reaching towards him and whining. Kace stepped up to the counter and gently soothed the Pokemon. It closed it's eyes at his trainer's pats, smiling. "Now Kace, you should probably claim the newborn." the Nurse said as she walked out of the room and to the front counter.

"Right!" he said and reached into his pocket for the Dark-ball. The Larvitar stared at the ball and cooed loudly. It waved its arms at the ball wanting to see it. Kace handed the ball over to the small creature. The 'mon held the ball in his claws, playing with it. Kace gently removed the ball, smiling, and held the button to face the Pokemon. "Would you like to be apart of my team, Larvitar?" The Pokemon cooed again and happily accepted, thrusting its head out to headbutt the ball. A brilliant flash of light appeared and vanished. The ball shook once and dinged softly.

Kace released his Pokemon outside of the Pokemon Center. They walked together, the little creature trying to match his steps, to Chief's cart. Today he would learn how to cook the mixture, for his very own Pokemon.

C.C sighed in relief, exiting the store as if it was a prison. Turns out the boutique was for Pokemon, thank goodness, and apparently her team felt fashionable today. C.C couldn't help but laugh, her Sneasel had chosen a thick metal necklace, the wires twisting everywhere into swirls and vines, and of course it had pearls, small and large, everywhere. The same would go for the head-band he wanted.

Flayke too, wanted to be a teenage girl, and he took 'forever' in C.C's opinion to find something. Eventually, she made the choice for him, finding two bronze metal leg cuffs, and a simple bronze chain necklace. The necklace had a turquoise tear drop pendant, and each cuff had a smooth turquoise set inside it.

Thankfully, none of the attire was expensive. So now, C.C was back into open daylight, with two very fashionable Pokemon, one on her head and shoulder. She pulled out her town map, looking to her two team members, "Alright. Where to next?" The three of them scanned the map for a few moments, before Sneasel pointed out a small bistro close to the lake.

"Alright, we'll head there" C.C grinned, folding the map away. Putting her hands into her pockets, she took in the beautiful village around her as she walked.

Kace worked for hours alongside Chief. Sweat soaked his brow by the cart due to the warm weather. Thankfully, Chief placed an umbrella to keep the Sun away. Kace had learned so much in their short time together. The laborious work of making Pokemon Food really took it's toll on the Mentor and Apprentice. It took it's toll on Larvitar as well, who Kace decided to name Nox after the Latin word for darkness. which he had learned about from a book he'd read. Like every newborn Larvitar slept, a lot, most of the time by the stove. The warmth cradled his body and the smells were delightful; he seemed to enjoy it.

As Kace was perfecting his skills, Chief asked, "Could you go get me some more Charti Berries from my bag?" Kace nodded and walked over to his mentor's bag. It was quite old, the leather was torn in some places and the strings were frayed. Charti Berries were made for Rock-type Pokemon and were a yellowish-brown color. Kace knelt down to the bag on the floor and searched through its interior. For some reason he couldn't find the berries in the berry space so he quickly searched through the rest of the spaces. After a short time, Kace unzipped the last space and came upon some Pokeballs. These balls were for Normal-type Pokemon and next to them were the berries. Kace had no idea that Chief was a trainer. He hastily grabbed the berries and re-zipped the spaces.

"Here you are, Chief." he said placing the 5 or so berries on the counter.

"Thanks my boy!" he said jollily. "Do you mind slicing these up for me?" Kace nodded and picked up the sharp knife. He started cutting the berries into extremely small pieces. He worked efficiently and he was confident enough to look away from his work.

"I didn't know you were a trainer." Kace said to the large man near the stove.

"Hmph, you saw those..." he paused "Those were the days of my youth." he looked into the distance, his eyes cloudy.

"What Pokemon do you have?" Kace persisted. He wanted to know more types of Pokemon and seeing that a person that he looked up to used to be a trainer, he thought he could get some pointers.

"A Vigoroth, Stoutland, and a Pyroar." he said. "But I've moved on from that. I only keep them for when I'm in danger." he nodded at his claim and wiped his forehead with his arm to rid it of sweat. "Now, let's get back to work!' he put on his old smile once again and Kace returned to his slicing. A moment later, Nox tugs on his leg and latches on, looking up at Kace with eyes the size of moons.

"What is it?" Larvitar whines and opens it's mouth. Must be hungry. Kace reached into his apron pocket and fed the little creature some Dark-type Food. The Pokemon spit out the pellets loudly. "Huh?"

"Larvitar isn't a Dark-type yet, Kace. It's a Rock and Ground type." Chief said wisely.

"Oh." Kace returned. "Hmm."

"We can feed him this fresh Rock-type Food here that we are making with those chopped berries" Chief scooped the tiny pieces of berry up with his hands, the ones that Kace had chopped, and started to stir them into the doughy mixture. After finishing he rolled the mixture into pellets and placed them in the stove. After an hour or so of lounging around and playing with Nox, the food was finished. Chief placed a decent amount of food into a bowl and set it on the ground. Nox trots over to the food and sniffs. He turns around to look at Kace, to make sure that they are 'ok' to eat. Kace nods and the Pokemon happily digs in. Kace grins and sits next to the 'mon. It was the first food that he had ever created that a Pokemon actually ate.

Brent watches Kace he puts his hands in his pockets "he seems to be having fun" he walks to a training gym. He changes into his work out clothes he works out most of the day

Near the end of the town, Robby came upon a large building, bigger than any other building in the town. It had large double doors and above them was a very large water drop. "The gym?" He asked himself. He walked up to the building and outside it was a sign that read: "Test your might against the Saloria Town water type Gym Leader, Candice! She will leave you soaked and defeated!" Robby smirked and clenched his fists tightly. "This is it."

He walked inside the large gymnasium like building, pools on his left and his right. People and their Pokémon were here either training or just having a fun relaxing swim. He saw Pokémon from all over the world from Starmies to Totadiles to Froakies. "Wow.." he whispered in awe.

"Hey kid!" He heard a loud voice from across the gym; a female not much older than him, probably in her 20s with long blonde hair and a slim body was looking straight at him. "Are you here to swim or drown in defeat?" He smirked at her confidence and water joke, "You'll be the one all washed up when I'm through with you!"

She stood at the edge of a pool, much larger than the others that stretched all the way across the gym. She walked over to one end of the pool, and flipped her hair. "Come show me what you got then!" Robby dashed to the other side, grabbing Abby's darkball. "Tell me, kid. You feeling lucky today?" She asked, grasping her first Pokémons ball. "Luckier than you think!" He replied.

"Well let's go!" Each trainer tossed their pokeballs in the air. A bright white light flashed from each as their Pokémon appeares. The battle has begun.

Chief let him off early that day because he had done well and completed many recipes. Kace walked away from the cart with Nox's ball in hand. He walked into the Pokemon Center and dressed into a different change of clothing. He now wore a blue dry-fit shirt with white shorts. As he was pulling on his black tennis shoes, Nox's ball quivered. Kace looked down at the ball and smiled. He released the Pokemon into open air; Nox met him with a coo. "Larv!" it growled and ran out of the room. Kace chased after it.

"Oh no you don't!" he ran after it and cut the Pokemon off before it reached the door.

"Isn't that Larvitar just the sweetest thing!" Nurse Joy cooed from across the room.

Kace looked up smiling, he scratched the back of his head. "Yep, he's pretty cute. But he is a massive trouble maker, too.""

"Say, Kace, I heard that your friend is having a battle with the Gym Leader."

"Woah really, where's the gym at?" Kace had never really seen a battle and he was pumped.

"Take the road to the left, it's at the end of that road. Biggest building in our town."

Kace nodded. "Right. Let's go Nox!" he ran out of the sliding doors and raced Larvitar down the road. For such a heavy Pokemon it was surprising to find that Nox was pretty quick. They arrived at the gym, panting and sweating. Kace looked up at the massive building. "Woah.. it is huge." he walked inside under the giant water droplet. He spotted Robby standing on the edge of a large pool. At the other end, a blonde, fierce-looking woman; the gym leader. "Go Robby!" he shouted along with Larvitar's noises of encouragement as they walked in. They found a seat that had a view of both sides of the match. Nox tried to leap up on the seat but he only grasped it with his front claws. It hung by it's claws kicking his feet wildly. "Alright, alright." Kace helped the small Pokemon onto the seat. "This is going to be great, Nox! We can finally see what a real battle is!" They watched in anticipation for the first move of the match. It was silent in the just recently loud gym. Tension could be cut with a knife.

He wipes his forehead and walks over to watch the match he leans on the railing and he looked at the pool below "this will be hard she's a strong leader she runs the pokemon gym and the human gym she's good with water types" he sighs "I hope Robby has a good strategy"

The ice trainer sighed in her booth. C.C loved bistros, and it seemed Flayke and newly named Iglis did too. She looked out the open window and saw the lake, every now and then a water Pokemon would surface, or a trainer who had used dive. She hummed contently.

The three simply sat there, even though everything had been paid for, they still slowly ate each of their slices of chocolate cake. Iglis was the first to finish, and after he seemed to be bored of waiting for C.C and Flayke to finish simply gazed out windows. He excitedly started pointing to a large building. C.C looked, "You want to challenge the gym?"

C.C hummed again in thought, "Alright, if you two want to, we'll give it a shot." She turned back around to finish her cake.

"Iglis! You little sneak!"

Abby glowed bright for a brief second as she landed on one of the floating pads in the pool, specifically made for non water types for a fair chance. She let out her brave battle cry as the opponents Azumarill landed on a pad as well in front of her trainer. "Take the first shot!" She exclaimed confidently. Robby yelled out his first attack, "Abby! Start off with a Night Slash!" The Absol reared back and began charging at the Azumarill, leaping from pad to pad at a quick pace.

"Dodge it and use aqua jet!" At almost an impact, the Azumarill leaped out of the way and behind Abby, suddenly kicking up water and bashing into her. The Absol fell into the water with a yelp, only taking moments to leap back out of the water and shake off her fur. "Now go for Play Rough!" Robby grunted at first, then suddenly his eyes flashed. "Abby, take the hit!" The Disaster Pokémon braced herself for an attack. "Ha! Psych! Sucker Punch!" Abby looked up, and with a twinkle in her eye, she turned around and launched her back feet, making direct contact with the charging Azumarill. "That's my girl!" He chanted.

The Azumarill emerged from the water but didn't jump out; wager type advantage.