• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

C.C smirks, even though she was both bored and impatient, wasn't angry anymore. She was back to being an excited, happy gal, who was busy spinning in circles near the front of the Pokemon Center. Mostly because she was bored, but also why not?

C.C decided to finally stop, and the world lurched around her. She swayed a few times before stumbling, hitting the bridge of her nose against the open doors of the Pokemon Center. There was a small Clang and the door made a few sounds as the impact made it vibrate.

C.C clutched her nose for all but a few seconds, before bursting into a fit of laughter. Eventually, as she kept laughing, she sat herself on a chair inside the center, gasping a few times for air, and resumed laughing once more.

Robby walked up to the group slightly embarrassed, "Sorry Gem got sick.. had to treat him before we headed out." He said as he patted the pokeball. He blinked as he watched C.C., confused on what was going on. "Did I.. miss something?" He whispered over to Brendan. "She seems sort of erm... out there." He said, worried.

He slowly walked over to her, kneeling down beside her, "Um C.C. are you okay? Do we need to get a nurse?" He asked her with concern in his voice. "You just hurt yourself pretty bad and you're laughing about it.."

"Nah I'm good." C.C laughed. "I just got bored while we waited for you to get out here." She said with a cheeky grin.

She rubbed her nose a little, it wasn't bruised though. "I'm just laughing at my clumsiness. People say I'm like a newborn Deerling, graceful when I want to be, and the next moment I'm tripping over my own feet."

C.C smiled widely, hopping to her now steady feet. "Are we going to get this show on the road or what?" She no less than leaped out the doors with a spring in her step.

Kace looked out the doors at the commotion going on from C.C. He couldn't stop from laughing after she slammed into the door. Happy tears sprung into his eyes after she sat down and laughed. The door behind him opened and he jumped back. "Finally!" he said exasperated. He walked over to where Robby was now crouching and looked at C.C. with concern. When she jumped up he also jumped a little. Happiness was contagious after all. He walked out the glass doors behind C.C. and gave a small wave to Nurse Joy. He walked in step with the group as they traversed the town to the route that they were taking. He was super excited about catching his first Pokemon!

He still sat where he sat before and blinked. "Well then." He began, as he pushed off of his knees. "Let's head out!" He exclaimed. He began thinking about what wild dark types he could encounter to add to his team. "What if I encountered a Houndour? Or Murkrow? Maybe even a Nuzleaf!" He was all too happy about the thought of a new team member to train and love.

He wiped the growing sweat from his forehead, his eyes wandering the area. "So you guys going to battle the gym?" He asked the group.

C.C shrugged, lI know I have the possibility of getting three Pokemon on my team," she mused. "The problem here is how difficult this Gym Battle will be."

She smiles then, "Although, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try and challenge each Gym. Ice types however already have it tough with water, and my new fossil will be Ice and Rock type, which means even more weakness to water." C.C sighed a little after contemplating the hardships ahead in the Gym she may or may not challenge.

"Eh," she said decidedly, "I'll throw caution to the wind and see where that takes me then." Once more C.C's child like grin made it's appearance.

"Move those feet boys we have a route to travel!" She cried, sprinting the last few feet and disappearing briefly into the shadowy forest.

"C.C. I don't think it's a good idea to!.." but she was gone. "... split up." He finished the thought with a sigh. Robby rolled his eyes, ignoring the rustles of the bushes around them and the distant sound of Pokémon. He cupped his hands around his mouth before shouting out, "we're not running after you! Just come on back!"

He took his water bottle out from one of his side pockets of his backpack and took a few big gulps, a drop running down his chin. He put away the bottle with a sigh and wiped away the water. "So. What do you guys think about the gym?" He asked Brent and Kace.

"I'm waiting for you guys!" C.C shouts back.

In reality she hadn't gone very far, and was actually pretty close to the entrance of the forest. Although, it was pretty dark already, which probably made C.C's bright idea of hanging upside down from a low hanging branch all the more idiotic.

And so there C.C was, being slightly reckless whilst swinging upside down. Arms hanging below her.

Brent shackes his head "no gyms for me" he walks a faster "I actually just wanted a journey I don't really do gym battles" he catches up with C.C. . He looks at the forest walking inside it with no hesitation

He grinned at the group's motivation to move on. He followed the wild C.C. all the way up to the forest and stopped dead. He took the step in with Robby and looked around. He gulped and his mind returned to an over active state of emergency and images. His breathing went rapid; he hated the dark. This was slightly ironic to Kace and it gave him something to think about instead as he walked through the forest. At the mention of Gyms Kace looked over at Robby. "Whats a gym?" he asked, confused. Just then he heard a howl from the forest and he jumped up, frightened. He looked up to find a figure hanging from a tree. His heart rate quickened and he squinted to find out what it was. He came to realize that it was C.C. A sigh of relief could be heard from the boy. He gripped the egg case tighter than before and started to breathe to try and calm himself down. His whole body was tense with fright. He let his shoulders sag. Okay, c'mon Kace. You can do this.

C.C grinned jumping down from the tree, however as her leg absorbed the impact she tumbled foreword, falling onto the dark soil. "Wonderfull..." she muttered, before getting back on her feet. She briefly looked at her map, "Mmkay, so this place is a little bit like a maze, we need to choose the paths that have something in common with each other in order to safely get out of the forest." C.C hummed in thought, eventually singing gently under her breath, her gaze flickered to a lone bush covered in blue flowers. With a shrug, she remembered the flowers, before walking on. Although, the three way split in the path they were traveling caused her to stop and think.

Brent looked at the paths thinking he grabbed Abra's pokeball calling him out. Abra's had good direction skills. He kneels down "hey buddy you think you can help us Abra looks at him nodding softly he floated down the right path. Brent smiles following him without hesitation

C.C watched as Brent and Abra took the path without hesitation, as she followed them she noticed the path also had a lone bush covered in matching blue flowers. Aha, she grinned, skipping ahead, walking in sync with the Abra, turning down every path with blue flowers, however, she stopped cold. In front of her, was tall grass. This wasn't regular tall grass like any other rout which would contain a Pokemon. This was the foreboding, dark, taller than your head type of tall grass. And while she had entered the dark forest with confidence, this grass snatched all of it away.

Turned to Brent he informed him, "A gym is where you test your pokemons strength. Collect all the badges of the region and you get to battle in the Pokemon League!" He grinned. He looked at his egg, and the smile vanished. "Even if it hatches soon, I wouldn't attempt it. It'd only be a new born. Catch a train one." He said boldy, wanting to give the boy confidence.

Robby quickly caught up, panting a little. "Geez you guys really are excited to get somewhere. There's so much to see and look at! We might miss some rare Pokémon!" He chirped up, his nerves getting all excited. "I can't help but get so jittery at the thought of new Pokémon!" He watched as the Abra slowly began to guide them through the forest slightly amazed.

He looked over at C.C. who was stopped I'm her path. "Um.. hey." He began. "You're acting weird again are you oka-" his words were cut off and his pupils expanded as he saw the tall figure in the darkness. He shaking grabbed Absol's pokeball. "I don't know what that is.. and by the looks of it, it doesn't want us to know either. We can turn around and walk away.."

Brent looks at the figure "hey you who are you" he yells at it walking closer. He clearly had no fear or was just willing to do anything. Knight tences up watching him his arms started glowing he was ready to attack if needed

Phanta walked out from the woods at this invitation. "Sorry if I'm causing you guys any concerns. I'm simply training in the woods, and wasn't sure if you were going to be hostile or not" he said. his Noivern was watching carefully from the sky, waiting for Phanta to signal if it was safe or not. "I'm Phanta," he said, trying to break the tension, "who might you guys be?". Phanta could understand why they'd have been nervous. Being tall and skinny with dark hair and eyes, with pale skin, he made for a very scary encounter in the dark.

"I see," says Phanta, with a straight face cracking the slightest of smiles, "Noivern, return!". He called Noivern back into his pokeball, and placed the ball on a magnetic strap on his belt.

Kace looked up at Robby and his information about gyms. He thought it was extremely valuable to know everything that he could. He quickly scratched something into his notebook and placed it back in his pack. The small Pokemon that was called an Abra led the way for the group. This made Kace even more amazed by Pokemon's intelligence. He was looking off into the forest and ran into the back of Brent where he had stopped. He followed the group's gaze to a dark figure. His heartbeat quickened, his mind went haywire. He wanted to run, he really had to run. His head started to swim and he slumped to the ground. Come to find that it was just another trainer. He sat, crouched on the ground for a few minutes, calming himself before standing up and introducing himself. "I'm Kace... nice to meet you." he said as if he had just run a marathon.

He looked ahead at the large foreboding wall of grass. A shiver passed up and down his spine. He clutched his egg case tightly and stared ahead. What was that? A howl had come from the distance, it echoed across the forest for several moments. Kace looked around himself trying to find the source, not sure if he actually wanted to. Swish. A bush quivered and he jumped around to look at it. A growl came from the bush and orange eyes could be seen floating in the darkness. A blur of gray darted out and leaped onto Kace's face. He fell back and must have squashed a small, electronic device, similar to a Pokedex, because it spoke, "Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon." It silenced, the only sound coming from the growling mound of fur atop the boy's face.

The Poochyena squirms in Brent's hands trying to get contact with his attacker. It then goes limp and closes both eyes; a play-dead scenario. Kace breathes heavily on the ground and feels his face for wounds. He finds several small scratches but nothing too bad. He stares up at the creature, confused. After hearing Brent's words he asks, "You think so?" A moment later the Pokemon slightly opens one eye to see if he pulled off his trick. It quickly closes it again after seeing that Kace is staring straight at it. Kace then looks up at Brent, "Thanks for saving me..."

An image pops into Kace's mind and he fiddles with his pack zipper. After opening it, he feels around the pockets until finding the smashed device. "I forgot I had this.." he mutters and pulls out the remains. He remembers receiving it from his parents. It used to be about the size of a hard drive but with two ends that contained many holes where sounds could escape and enter. He had tried to use it once but it hadn't worked until now. He had completely forgotten about it after his failed attempt at using it. 'Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon.' it had said before getting totally crushed. A Poochyena? Is that what this thing is called.

"I won't hurt you, Poochyena." he said softly. If anything you'll hurt me, he thought while feeling his scratches. The creature opened both of it's eyes slowly and stared straight at Kace. It then looked up at Brent and twisted its neck so it could bite his hand. It succeeded and fell to the ground after the grip was loosened. The Pokemon walked up slowly to Kace and sniffed at him. It then nuzzled his outstretched leg, as if it was apologizing. The boy just stared, no emotion, no anything. He was immobilized by fear after seeing it's fangs and what it could do to him. "Wh-what do I do now?" he asked softly to the group.

C.C breathed out a sigh of relief. "I'm C.C" she grinned, before a rustle caught her attention. By the time she turned around she had noticed Kace had been tackled by a Poohcyena. C.C clamped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from laughing at the encounter. Finally, she got a hold of herself.

C.C pulled out a small Pokepuff from her bag, placing it close to Kace, "Try seeing if it wants a treat..." she muttered, backing up afterwords, after all just because the Pokemon liked Kace didn't mean it would allow other trainer's near it. The Poochyena also bit Brent's hand, so there was another fair warning.

Her gaze flickered to the Pokedex that lay smashed by Kace, That's unfortunate... she briefly thought, knowing how useful the little device could be.

Phanta watched all of this with amusement. He remembered meeting his Butterfree ( a caterpie at the time) in an oddly similar way. "Hey, don't worry to much about it's behaviour. After all, it's a wild pokemon." He mused. "I do think, however, it want's to be a part of your team." He quickly added. While not an expert trainer, he wasn't exactly a beginner either, having been on his journey for almost half a year. He could tell when a Pokemon sensed potential in a trainer. "Do you have anything to battle it with?" he asks, trying to sound sincere, but he could sense his eagerness to know the group's pokemon slip through. Phanta hardly ran into dark type trainers.

Brent digs through his bag he grabs bandages and wraps his hand up "I'm glad I got physic types" he mumbles under his breath he never did have good experiences with dark or ghost types.

Phanta looked over at Brent. "I'm no Nurse Joy, but I think we should get something to clean that wound with" He replies. searching through his backpack that looks like a repurposed laptop bag, he pulls out a first aid kit. Inside was some anti-septic wipes and some Isopropyl Alcohol used for cleaning cuts out, and hands it over to Brent. "I was a camper once." Phanta said sheepishly.

Kace looked away for a split moment from the Poochyena to the Poke Puff sitting next to him. "Okay..." he said softly to C.C.'s claim. He grabbed the Poke Puff and carefully held out his hand for the Pokemon to take it. His hand quivered madly from Kace's fear. It sniffed at his hand cautiously. The creature looked up with a start at Brent. His anger was showing clearly on his face. Poochyena yelped and sprinted into the safety of the bushes clearly believing it was in danger. The pounding of it's feet became more distant until the sound was gone. Kace stared off to where the creature had went. He reached over to his egg case and clutched it to his body, not saying a word. He sat on the ground, the dust still settling from the creature's mad sprint into the forest.

Phanta shifts uncomfortably. He was glad the poochyena ran away. It's practically useless, he thought to himself, Mightyena aren't that great. Although I did hear about an Elite 4 member with one... "Sorry, Kace. It's not easy finding dark types." he said empathetically.

"Ah well..." C.C sighed. Noticing the tense atmosphere of the group, she sighed. "Well? We aren't getting any closer to the town sitting here. And there is probably an ocean of this mega tall grass to get through, so the sooner we get going to sooner we challenge a gym, get to town, get to the fossil center, catch a few dark types, not get eaten..." Her voice trailed off as she casually walked into the grass. The thick dark stalks swallowing her from view.

All was silent until a faint roar was heard, and a new sound grew louder along with frantic rustling. And lo and behold, out burst C.C, "NOPE!" she shouted, practically racing up the side of a tree and finding a thick perch quite a few feet up. "Plan B anyone?"