• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

((OOC: How do you think I felt writing the fossil lab and fight scenes? xP))

C.C sighed, the walk back taking longer than she liked, after all, she had to move slower, as no light exists out in the middle of the lake. She scooted slowly, not wanting to misstep and end up stepping on something that wasn't solid ice. Much less fall into the freezing water now that it was slipping past dusk.

C.C thought everything was going fine, until she heard something moan under her feet. It wasn't a moan from a Pokemon, this moan sent shivers down her spine, she shuffled further before the ice beneath her feet began to creak. She gulped, whimpering now, but didn't dare call out one of her team members to refreeze the bridge out of fear the extra weight would cause it to break.

She took another gentle step. Nothing. C.C cautiously took a few more, before she quickly went rigid as the ice loudly snapped beneath her feet. She gasped, and a gentle sob escaped her lips as the ice began to wobble a little beneath her. Her strong balance was all that kept her on the slippery ice chunks, that and her rigid muscles.

C.C remained frozen in place, on the verge of tears, battling with her fear to get a hold of herself, and completely forgot to attempt crying out for help.

Unaware of what any of his friends are doing, and without even thinking of them at the moment cause of his current small encounter, him, Abby, and the small limping Nuzleaf made their way to the Pokémon center. As the sliding doors open, the small gust of air blowing through them all. He stepped up the front counter where a Nurse Joy waited patiently. "Welcome to the Pokémon Center. How may I help you?" Robby looked down at Nuzleaf, "Yeah um. I have this little guy here." He reached down to pick up Nuzleaf, who accepted shockingly, and placed him on the counter. "He has a pretty nasty cut there on his leg. I'd like to have him looked at."

Nurse Joy examined the wound, "We can certainly do that." She picked up the no ha the Nuzleaf and walked to the back, as Robby made his way to the waiting room with Abby. "This turned out to be a completely different day huh girl?" He said towards Abby, who laid down by his side. Half an hour passed and Nurse Joy emerged without Nuzleaf in her arms which made Robby slightly concerned. Suddenly he leaped up onto the table, with a small grunt and stood tall and proud. "You're all better!" Robby exclaimed as him and Abby made their way towards the counter. He examined his leg which was now just a thin scratch down his leg. "Looks great!" He thanked Nurse Joy as Robby returned Abby to her ball to rest and walked back towards the edge of the forest with Nuzleaf.

"Well. Here we are. You can go now." Nuzleaf shook his head, who then kneeled again like before. "Is this a debt thing?" Nuzleaf looked up at Robby and nodded. He stood up and walked to his belt and pulled a Dark Ball from his belt. "Hey what are you doing?" Nuzleaf smirked and pressed the small button, the red light absorbing the pokemon before it dropped to the ground and clicked without trouble.

Robby picked up the ball and smiled, "Wow... a Nuzleaf.."

(OOC: Wow a lot has happened. xD So much reading.)

The two disappeared into the forest. Because it was already darkening outside, the forest was complete darkness. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. he thought. But after looking down and seeing the glowing eyes of his Larvitar, he knew he couldn't quit. He took his pack from his back and dug through it until he brought out a small flashlight. The glow was weak but it helped them see where they were stepping. "Wonder what Pokemon are out here?" he said to complete nothingness. They made their way slowly constantly having to dodge trees or rocks. Kace had no idea how far they had come but he kept moving forward. When the darkness completely swallowed the world, the Pokemon started to come out. Cries and growls were heard from the bushes and trees around them. Kace had decided to dodge the giant wall of grass and head into the forest; that place gave him images that he didn't want to see.

"Scrag!" a blow from behind and Kace was on the ground. His spine was enraged by the attack and he was stiff. He couldn't see his attacker but he heard sounds of scuffling close by. "Larvitar!" a call from his partner trying to protect his trainer. At this point the pain was unbearable but he had to hold on; for Nox's case at least. Kace gasped as he pulled himself forward and propped himself against a tree. Just then a howl came from the night. A deep growl came from the scuffle and wolfish yelps joined in the fighting noises. It must be that larger Poochyena. He squinted trying to see into the shadows because he had lost his flashlight somewhere. He saw a faint disturbance in the shadows around him and then it felt like the world crashed onto him.

C.C gulped. She kept mentally shouting at her self to move and scolding herself for being so stupid. With a deep breath, she jumped. The ice snapped under her feet, and C.C jumped again.

The ice kept cracking and splitting apart under her feet, but she couldn't risk stopping, until finally, she landed on solid ice. She waited, for anything really. A small sign, but when she heard and felt nothing from the ice beneath her, she finally sighed in relief.

C.C made way to grab Flayke's frost ball and refreeze the rest of the way for precaution, when without warning the ice beneath her separated from the large bridge as a large chunk. The ice, just as soon as it separated from the main bridge, suddenly flipped, dumping the poor girl right into the pitch black water.

C.C normally was a strong swimmer, but can you really swim that well wearing heavy clothing, with no sight, all the while panicking and sinking further into frigid water? In her last cry before going under, she waved her arms to regain balance, but it was no use. Flayke's ball was flung from her hand, releasing the little Pokemon too late.

Flayke realized what happened and dove in, but C.C had sunken into the dark depths too quickly, and he lost sight of her. Flayke, ever loyal, swam as deep as he dared, stressing his lungs extremely, until he had no choice but to come up for air. He couldn't waste any time, and so he dashed off wailing like his head had been cut off into the town.

Flayke howls at Brent, roughly getting behind the trainer and shoving him towards the lake. Flayke ran ahead frantically, before running back and shoving the trainer again. Flayke was beginning to panic as well, and it seemed the world was beginning to move too slow.

Flayke had become annoyed with the man at this point, and immediately dove right back into the freezing water, swimming as deep as he could go, still he found nothing. He surface for air, wailing in defeat, but still refused to believe that C.C was gone. He dove under once more.

Meanwhile, C.C continued to sink quickly, and she managed to stop struggling so as to preserve her breath. Finally her feet touched ground, looking around she could see slight outlines of rocks and plant life at the bottom. The occasional dark shape or two and a swish of water. If she could she would have sighed in defeat as well.

Brent dives inside and dives farther than he could he looks around seeing C.C. he grabs her putting his arms around her he kicks his legs and brings her to the surface

C.C coughs as she reaches the dry land. She panted heavily, laying down on the sand before being all but crushed by a very worried Glaceon. She coughed some more, straining her voice, "Flayke, I'm still catching my breath... I still need my trachea!" Relulcantly, Flayke backs off before mewling angrily at his trainer.

C.C gave a tired and guilty smile that didn't reach her eyes, "I know, I know, I was stupid and should have gotten you out sooner to make sure it was safe, I'm sorry bud."

C.C shivered, nodding in agreement. "At least my newest team member is safe!" her teeth chattered as she spoke. Flayke mewled, annoyed his trainer wasn't moving along already to the Pokecenter to warm!

C.C rolled her eyes, yet she indeed rushed back to the rented room inside the center upon realizing a warm shower awaited her.

Kace stayed unconscious throughout the night. The sound of labored breathing and howls came from around him. His flashlight flickered and lost it's power in a bush where he had lost it. Around him sat a wolf-like figure trying to crawl away and a thick-headed Pokemon that lay dazed upon the ground. The fight had turned to the worst when each Pokemon suffered wounds from the others. Larvitar lay atop Kace; the thing that had knocked him out and now left his breathing labored because of the almost 140 pound weight atop his chest.

Firebolt got up, not knowing what happened. She went inside a pokemon center, and lied down. She dreamed that she was a pokemon and everyone abused her.

Robby headed back towards the center, still excited about his fourth new pokemom. "Got a lot of training to do if he's gonna be as good as his new team mates." He thought to himself as he made his way through the double doors and towards the back where there was a long hallway of rented rooms for trainers. Wondering if his friends were here after not seeing them all day, he checked each one.

First, he spotted C.C.'s belongings as he came upon the room and stuck his head inside seeing if he could find her. Hearing the shower run from the bathroom, he carried on down the hallway. He walked past Brent's room, seeing him laying in his bed and kept on. By the time he got to the end he had not yet found Kace. "What the..." he mumbled to himself.

Robby quickly walked back towards Brent's room and walked by him slightly shaking him awake, "Brent? Brent? Have you seen Kace? He mentioned going somewhere after C.C. and I had our gym battles but I can't remember where. He's not back yet."

Brent rubs his eyes "I think he went to the forest" he yawns sitting up he stands up wabbling slightly still tired. "I'll find him" he leaves the room yawning

C.C exited in her pajamas, towel draped over her shoulders so her hair wouldn't soak her back. She shivered a little, still remembering the chilly water.

At the same time the girl had her eyes drooping in tired annoyance, Flayke had waited for her in the bathroom and was continuously scolding her as he followed her to the beds.

"For the last time, I promise I'll be more careful!" Flayke huffed, hissing one more time at his trainer. "And don't you go using my full name mister Flayke Lewis!" C.C snapped back.

Kace shakes slightly at the alleviation of the weight. A shaky breath is inhaled and exhaled after he finally gets his airways open. Larvitar awakes and squirms in Brent's arms before he gets down. He walks over to Kace and curls up next to him, staring out at the dark. The Pokemon that had attacked Kace, Scraggy, was lying a short distance away ,whimpering in it's unconsciousness. Suddenly it awakes with a yell, hyperventilating as he positions himself up with his hands. The Scraggy looks over to where Kace and Nox lay, only slightly seeing in the darkness. It notices that Kace was not his Master after all, just a boy. It looks down ashamed at it's actions against the other Pokemon. His former trainer had hated him; his trainer had constantly been mean to him. He had never received any training from him and always tried to run away from the trainer. But this time he was released and beaten up by the trainer's other Pokemon. Scraggy ended up here, in the forest, trying to hide from every living thing. When he saw Kace, he had gotten the nerve to attack who he thought was his trainer. It didn't end up like that though and other Pokemon had gotten hurt, including himself. He whimpered at the memory and crawled over to a tree root. It curled up next to it and fell asleep.

C.C released Iglis, the Sneasel now lounging on one of the pillows in the bed.

Flayke jumped up and curled up beside him, and kept taking protective glances at C.C. "Hey, I knew I was signing up for trouble the moment I got my official trainer's recognition, behind my parents' back no less! I wasn't going to stay cooped up and pampered silly forever!"

Flayke grumbled under his breath, causing Iglis to look at him with his mouth open in shock. The clawed Pokemon smacked the Glaceon upside the head.

"Leave him be Iglis." C.C sighed exasperated. Reluctantly the Sneasel layed back down against the pillow, crossing his arms with a huff.

Firebolt woke up, Faire and Niko falling down beside her. "When will this day end?" Firebolt asked her pokemon. But then she remembered something. Tomorrow was her birthday. And it was coming fast.

Robby awoke the next day, a lot later than usual. He got such a goodnights long rest that he dry drool on his mouth and felt extremely groggy. He made his way to the bathroom where he freshened up with a hot shower, brushed his teeth and pulled on a solid black v neck and khaki shorts. He pulled out a small bag of Pokémon food he bought from the market last night before going to bed.

He poured four bowls of the food and released his Pokémon. "Eat up guys." He encouraged, "big day ahead of us. No time to waste." He pulled out his own breakfast; a juicy oran berry and some crackets. He wondered about the others; if they had already awakened or not and what their plans were today.

After his team finished eating, he put all away except Nuzleaf, "We need you a nickname, pal." The Nuzleaf nodded, waiting for a sweet nickname for him. "How about.. Jitsu?" Nuzleaf smiled in agreement at his new name. "Alright pal sounds good!" He smiled, heading out the Pokémon center. "Let's find the others, Jitsu."

Brent smiles sitting on a bench he watched Light play with Hope he smiles watching the espeon chase the Abra. He leans back putting his hands in his jacket pockets "not too long and we'll be on a train" Knight nods sitting next to him with his arms crossed.

C.C sighed as she looked at her Amuara. The Amuara, a female too, didn't exactly see eye to eye with C.C. The little ice pokemon sat in front of C.C, on the opposite side of the bench. The pokemon looked back at C.C before turning back with a huff, her head tilted up and into the air.

C.C leaned back, and groaned. Why did the world just seem to hate her these last few days, there was the door, falling off a branch, falling into a freezing lake at night, and now she had a new team member with an attitude.

Cult continued on his journey with his Vaporeon and newly evolved Milotic! He was dazzled by the beauty of his Milotic and admired it, almost ignoring his Vaporeon. Cult went down a road, staring at the beautiful blossoms and flowers. He went into a shop and bought 6 super potions and 1 Fresh water.

"Listen," C.C grumbled, "I'm not saying you have to love being part of my team, heck you don't even need to like me. But like it or not you are still stuck with me. All I'm asking is that you do what I say during a battle, get in your Frost ball when I ask you to, and if you do those two things I'll give you some space. Alright?"

The Amuara looked back at her trainer, processing the offer. Finally, the Pokemon huffed and gave a somewhat satisfied nod, before turning around again. Although, this time the Pokemon was clearly more relaxed than before.

C.C sighed, the Amuara now back in her ball. The girl stretched, using the back of the bench to pop her back, before releasing the every loyal Flayke. The Glaceon draped himself across her shoulders, and the teen sat up.

"S'about time we head over to the station so we can go to Brent's ranch, huh?" she yawned, Flayke hummed in agreement, and the two walked slowly off. Of course, they stopped for breakfast pastries of course. C.C and Flayke both had massive a sweet tooth.