• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Journey of Types

C.C watched the blooming battle with interest, already taking mental notes. Ice types already had a type disadvantage, so she tried to think of ways to use the environment she was given. Also, knowing how her opponent would attack and what pokemon they would use would help.

Already she was thinking of solutions, such as sending Flayke out first so Iglis wouldn't have to touch the water fairy type.

"Azumarill swim under it and use body slam!" Azumarill dived quickly under water, and after a few air bubbles it was quiet. Robby sat in silence a few seconds, "Get off that platform Abby!" Abby quickly lept off, as soon as she did, the platform she was on launched upwards. "Keep moving!" He screamed. Abby jumped quickly from platform to platform the previous being knocked into the air until she was caught.

Azumarill skipped a platform and launched under Abby, sending her slightly spinning before coming back down, slamming her under water. "A-Abby!" Robby yelled out, worried. Azumarill swimmed up by Robby, putting the fainted pokemon on land. Robby returned Abby grabbing Gem's ball, "Don't fail me." He whispered. He threw Gem's ball unleashing the psychotic little mon. "Okay buddy! Swing with Poison Jab!" The Azumarill sat in the water, and dived down seeing the Sableye charging down towards her.

Gem followed, with moments later Azumarill blasted out of the water, but not looking confident. In fact it was knocked out. Gem jumped out as well landing on a platform. Azumarill floated as the red glow from the ball returned her. "Go Starmie!" Starmie landed unpredictably near Gem, who's smile grew wide. "Gem go for Shadow Ball!" The little devious pokemon drew his arms back, and unleashed a ball of strong dark energy, smacking the near Starmie hard sending it flying back. "We're not through yet!" She winked, "Starmie go for a psychic!" Robby crossed his armson chuckled. The psychic energy hit Gem, who stood his ground only being pushed a few feet. "Did you forget Sableyes are part dark as well?" He smirked. "Dark Pulse!" Gem leaped towards the Starmie, and outstretched his arms a large dark wave smacking the Starfish like pokemon hard against the wall of the pool, knocking it out.

"Starmie return.." She returned her defeated pokemon as Gem giggled on his way back to his trainer, climbing on his shoulder. "Good job pal you did great!" Gem smiled as the Gym Leader walked up to him. "You battled great. You earned this." She handed Robby the Drizzle Badge, who gripped it tightly and proud. "Thank you so much." He smiled, turning towards the entrance, seeing his friends.

C.C whooped and hollered, clapping with a wide grin! Iglis and Flayke growled out their congratulations. The two 'mon were teeming with excitement, though C.C wasn't as confident. Sure, she had a good grasp of the fighting environment, and a good grasp of how Candice would fight.

C.C sighed, nervous as Candice returned from healing her Pokemon. Iglis, having enough of his trainer's reluctance, roughly shoved her down the bleachers. "H-hey! Dude, what the heck?" C.C yelped, stumbling to a halt on the challenger's side of the field with a smug Iglis crossing his clawed arms behind her.

Candice looked over, with new confidence looked towards the *cough unfortunate cough* ice trainer. "Huh, tough luck kiddo, you really willing to risk using those dainty ice types against my water type Pokemon?"

C.C grit her teeth a little, "Calling my Pokemon dainty is calling me dainty, and I'll have you know we sure as heck ain't. If your personality is anything to go by, I sure am glad I didn't choose water when I had the chance."

She laughed aloud, "Someone's certainly got a cold bite there! Ice suites ya! Better get those nerves together if you have any chance against the oncoming flood!" with that, Candice released Azumarill onto the platforms.

Kace's eyes grew wide at the battle. The seamless bond between the trainers was outstanding. He loved the strategy and how each trainer put in their all. Nox constantly cheered during the battle, waving his tiny arms up and down and calling loudly. He felt that the battle was short lived for Candice. Robby was an excellent trainer after all. I hope to be like that someday. he thought. As the final Pokemon was knocked out, Kace whooped and ran over to him from the bleachers. He was so excited; battles really gave you that feeling. Kace looked at the badge in Robby's hand, idolizing him for his strength. "How many badges do you have?" Kace asked. It seemed that Larvitar wanted a badge too because he ran off in pursuit of Candice, growling. It wasn't intimidating at all and Kace broke down laughing. He cut the Pokemon off, "Sorry bud, I need more Pokemon to challenge the gym." Nox looked up at him and turned around, pouting. "Ah, c'mon bud, we can go catch some later, okay?" at that Larvitar cheered up.

"Larvitar! Larv!" he cheered as he jumped up and down. Kace grinned and looked over to find C.C. in the Challenger's position.

"Go C.C.!" he yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth. "C'mon, Nox." he said as he returned to his seat. Once again the gym was quiet. The only disturbance was the slight waves of the pool from the previous battle.

C.C gulped, before nodding. Without needing to say a thing, Iglis jumped onto C.C's shoulder while Flayke took his place on a platform, ready to challenge the Azumarill. C.C stared Candice and Azumarill down, feigning to be nervous out of her mind, she and Flayke twitched at the same time, causing Candice to shout quickly, "Play Rough!" "Try to doge it Flayke!" The two 'mon leaped from platform to platform, C.C played with her fingers in anticipation, Flayke was just barely quicker than Azumarill.

Unfortunately, the Azumarill, 'playing rough', leaped foreword and hit the edge of a platform just as Flayke landed, catapulting the ice type towards the water. C.C gasped as Flayke grew closer, "Freeze the water under you!" Flayke snapped to attention, and in the nick of time roughly jumped onto a new platform. The landing wasn't graceful, but it would do. A small piece of ice lay in the water from where it had frozen over.

C.C growled, "Alright, you wanna play that way? We'll play that way." C.C smirked, tugging her goggles over her eyes. "Sorry, but not sorry about this in advance, but Flayke use Hail!" Flayke howled, filling the gym with cold air. The large ice chunks bounced off his fur, and the white snow swirled around his form. Snow Cloak hid him well. Azumarill, not so much, their bright blue stood out like a sore thumb, and the hail pelted the poor Pokemon, landing some damage.

C.C laughed, seeing perfectly where Flayke and Azumarill were. Candice hissed, "Get in the water!" C.C could feel her smirk, thinking she had evaded C.C's plan. C.C laughed as the Azumarill went under, she saw their head poke up, and not wasting the chance she shouts, "Flayke! Freeze the water!" Flayke obliged, and wouldn't you know it, the Azumarill was stuck, and still took damage from the Hail.

Kace nods at Brent's question. "Yeah, I guess." he watched the battle like a hawk. Once again the strategy was amazing. Freezing the water and using hail against the Azumarill was most likely going to win this one for C.C.. Although, he didn't like the hail too much, it had made the temperature in the gym go down drastically. Fortunately, the hail was only directed on the field of battle so he wasn't hit. He looked into the water and saw a faint blue beneath it's surface. The Leader's Pokemon was frozen solid and the field had suddenly dipped in C.C.'s favor. "Yeah! You got this C.C.!" he cheered from the bleachers. Nox jumped up and down, waving frantically and cheering, "Larv! Larv! Larvitar!" Kace shivered on the outside, but on the inside he felt a kindling fire. He just had to challenge this gym.

Alright, C.C grinned, "Flayke! Frost Breath!" Flayke growled, the attack like always lands the final critical hit on the water/fairy type Pokemon. It shattered the ice covered pool, and launched the fainted Pokemon back at Candice's feet. Flayke mewled, pleased with his victory, trotting over to C.C. She lifted her goggles to rest them on her forehead rather than around her neck. "Good job Flayke!" she chirped, engulfing him in a hug and nuzzling his nose.

C.C grinned, and Iglis leaped onto the field with a confident growl. The gym leader groaned as she sent out Starmie. "Alright, Iglis, Hone Claws!" Iglis smirked, claws glowing as he sharpened them against each other with a dreadful scratching noise. "Starmie use Psychic!"

C.C snorted, trying to contain her laughter as Iglis just stood there. "He is a dark ice type! Psychic has absolutely no effect!" On the other side of the field, Candice face palmed her slip up. "Iglis, hone your claws again!" The Sneasel casually stood on the field, sharpening his claws, and raising his accuracy.

The battle seemed to be boring, Iglis had used Hone Claws a third time, before Candice growled, "Psych Up!"

Starmie made an alien like wail, copying Iglis's accuracy. C.C laughed, "I think you should have gotten my strategy by now!" Candice growled, "What sort of trick are you pulling now?"

"This one!" C.C smiled, "Iglis! Use Punishement!" Candice's eyes widened, and Starmie seemed startled too, as Iglis rushed foreword with claws glowing, slamming the powerful attack into the star shaped Pokemon. Starmie fainted after skidding to a halt by their trainer's feet. Candice stood bewildered at how C.C used her moves against her.

Meanwhile, C.C received a cheek cuddle from a happy Sneasel and Glaceon. Candice walked up to C.C with a rather impressed grin. "When you walked in here, I underestimated you because of your type disadvantage. You also seemed so nervous, I just about sent you off to train more before challenging." She laughed, "You certainly threw me and my team for a loop. You're clever when battling, I'll tell you that much."

C.C looked away bashfully, "That's how I always battle though..." she muttered, only slightly embarrassed from the praise. Candice nearly forced the Drizzle Badge into C.C's hand. Candice also decided to ruffle the girls hair before leaving to heal her team.

C.C pouted a little bit, playfully of course, and returned to the bleachers where her friends sat. Her face still slightly dusted with pink from when she blushed.

Firebolt looked at her Aqua Ball. She really loved Fairy types, but she got the ball for a water type. "Come on out, new friend." said Firebolt. The ball opened. And there was a froakie. "I think I'll call you Faire, cause I really want fairy types."

Firebolt held up her Aqua Ball and said, "Faire, return!" Faire gladly jumped into the pokeball. Then Firebolt turned to her mom. "Bye Mom!" she called. Then she ran out, ready to begin her journey.

The battle was intense. Larvitar and Kace watched attentively to the Pokemon's moves; trying to find strategies that they could use. Candice's first Pokemon was destroyed due to the frozen pool and Flayke's Frost Breath. The next Pokemon fainted fairly quick due to the overwhelming Hone Claws and Punishment combo from Iglis. As the Starmie, fainted both Kace and Nox leaped up and started clapping. Larvitar cheered loudly and leaped off his seat to hug C.C.'s leg, almost stopping her from moving because of it's weight. Kace grinned, "Congrats! How many badges do you have now?"

Kace turned around to look at Brent. "I can't really accept your Pokemon, but thank you for the offer." his eyes were bright as thoughts of battling flew through his mind. Larvitar looked over to his trainer and unlatched from C.C.'s leg to climb atop a seat and match Kace's gaze. Kace looked down at his partner and thought, We can do this! As if understanding, Nox nodded his head.

Brent rubs his neck "well after the fossil lab my mom wants me to come back to the farm and she said if you guys want to come back with me she'd get you guys train tickets" he puts his hands in his pockets "so do you want to come to the farm"

All of a sudden, a Maril hops out at her. "Awww, so adorable!" she called out. She threw an Aqua Ball, and, as one of those rare occasions, she caught it. At least it's part Fairy type, Firebolt thought.

Robby sat by Kace, admiring the badge. "It's my second one." He pointed out. "I got the first one when I only had Abby; she was my first Pokémon." He watched the battle wide eyed, ignoring the sudden drop of temperature that caused goose bumps all over him and his breath becoming visible. As the battle ended he stood up, applauding C.C. on her strategy of using the water to her advantage, "Good job! That was awesome!" He congratulated.

Hearing Brent's offer, he crossed his arms thinking and looked at the others, seeing if they held a facial expression that might express how they feel about it, "We'll it depends.. where is the train going?"

"I think I'll name my new Maril Niko!" said Firebolt. She then took out her Pokegear and called home. "Hai mom. Caught my second pokemon. For my team, Mom, not my second pokemon ever, Faire was just given to me. I need to walk home. Okay. Bye!" said Firebolt in her Pokegear, not even seeing the battle that happened.

"I think that sounds like a great idea! After I reivive my fossil of course." She grinned again, Flayke and Iglis nodded in approval as well. Purring and growling coming from the pokemon as their agreement

Firebolt stumbles over to the exact area where some boys were talking. They're cute, she thought. Faire and Niko came up to her and sat next to her.

Kace scratches the back of his head at Brent's question thinking. Larvitar looked up at him, seeing that he was making a decision. "I guess it'd be fun, right?" he told himself out loud. "Yeah, I'll go if everyone else is going!" But first I have to challenge this gym! he thought. Kace ran over to the door of the gym with Nox, "I have to go, guys! I'll see you later!" And with a wave, he ran out of the gym, Nox right behind him. He ran for the forest they had been in a couple of days ago, hoping for some strong Pokemon to add to his team. "Let's go Nox, we have some Pokemon to catch!"

Firebolt actually walked over to the center with Niko and Faire, to heal them up after training. Nurse Joy took them into the healing room, with Firebolt alone.

C.C hummed, heading back to the Pokemon Center to get her team healed up. With two well rested Pokemon sitting out her shoulders, C.C made her way to the lake shore.

She grumbled, realizing that there was no ferry to get across. Apparently trainers with Surf were required here. Greeeaaat, she thought. Then, she remembered the gym battle, and a light bulb appear above her head.

"Flayke, Iglis? Can you guys freeze the water under our feet as we walk across?" Both the 'mon thought for a minute, before the light bulb went off in there head too. They let out their own cries of agreement, both were also impressed with their trainer's cleverness.

C.C hummed, ignoring the shocked looks from other trainers who stopped to stare at the strange site. A Glaceon and a Sneasel strutting in front of a 15 year old girl, the ground freezing under their feet. They walked in a straight line right for the fossil center.

C.C couldn't help but grin smugly as she and her team touched the solid island ground. A few oddball Paleontologists gaped at the young trainer as she continued to walk up to the main lab.

After Niko and Faire were healed, Firebolt went back to do more level grinding. After the first battle when they got back, Faire was glowing. "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING?" Firebolt screamed.

C.C's eyes widened in awe as she entered the lab. Rows upon rows of neatly organized shelves lined the walls. Many of them contained larger than life skulls of dragon types, even some water and fire types too. Crates were filled with different fossils, and amber. Large rows of computers held black screens filled with green codes. Giant hollow glass tubes where filled some sort of floating matter, and several tables had semi cleaned fossils lain across them. In one part of the room, a complete Dragonite skeleton stood proud and tall, and in another part, a semi complete Druddigon.

"Wow..." C.C gasped, Flayke and Iglis sporting dropped jaws of their own. Someone cleared their throat, startling the trio. C.C sheepishly looked at a rather amused male scientist with greying hair. "Are you here to restore a fossil, my dear?" he chuckled.

C.C laughed halfheartedly in embarrassment, pulling out her sail fossil and one frost ball. The scientist nodded, before he left he looked at C.C, "Where, pray tell, did you get such a rare fossil?" "Father bought it." was C.C's less than excited response. The scientist frowns the moment 'father' left her lips, as if he were thinking along the lines, What kid calls their parent father?

He didn't prod any further, and left for a few minutes. He came back out carrying only the frost ball. "Congratulations. One healthy Amaura and a successful ressurection!" the scientist smiled, handing the Pokemon over.

Faire was now bigger. When she grabbed out her pokedex and pointed it at Faire, it said Faire was now a Frogadier. Cool, she thought, But I need to get a move on. When she noticed that the sea was frozen, she walked over it and into a lab.

C.C grinned as she left the lab, humming to herself as Flayke and Iglis walked across the frozen bridge with her. It was starting to get a little bit dark, as such most of the water trainers and swimmers had left. The water was a very dark blue, and the moon had decided to come out early, bright white against the fleeing orange, pink, and deep purple sky. Behind the center you could begin seeing the black sky of night, and a few stars dusted the domain above C.C's head.

She smiled, looking at the moon's reflection in the rather still water, listening to the still quietness of the town. She could see the lights being turned on in the distance, and the only sound were the occasional echo of some Pokemon from the forest or sky, the water lapping up against the edges of the icey bridge, or a Pokemon in the lake surfacing for air.

Robby explored parts of the town he hadn't seen yet, enjoying the sights with Abby, who he hadn't spent much time with ever since he met his new found friends. As he kept walking, he found fewer buidlings and more trees and the darkness of the forest that crept around this part of the town interested Robby; it wasn't the same forest they had emerged from.

Abby stayed by his side, cooing at being happy to spend time with her best friend again. Robby ruffled the fur on her head before coming upon a small obvious old shed. The windows were busted out and some planks of the wood were rotting and breaking apart. Curiosity had consumed Robby as he carefully snuck up to the shed, seeing a sign above the door that said "Marvin's Inventory." He scratched his head, wondering why that seemed familiar.

He suddenly remembered a building in the town that seemed fairly new named Marvin's. It was a gardening shop. This must be where they used to store overstock of items. As he slightly pushed the door open, it loudly creaked causing something from inside being obviously startled. As the light crept into the cabin, Seedots and Nuzleafs fled, knocking over old garden tools and pots before jumping through the windows and back into the darkness. As he began to explore he heard a small cry from one of the corners.

Startled, he flipped on his Pokedex, shining the light where he heard the small cry. On the floor, was a Nuzleaf leaning against the wall clenching what seemed to be a wound on its leg. Around the small Pokémon were, what seemed like, two or three flower pots smashed into pieces. Blood ran down the Pokémon leg as it sat there, clenching it in pain. He blinked, slightly startled and excited to be this close to such a quick and ninja like Pokémon. "Here let me help.." He crouched down, pulling out a potion and gauze. Robby crept towards the scared Pokémon as it whined slightly in fear. He gently moved it's hands away, spraying the potion on the would and wrapped it up. "There you go.." he said, soothingly. The Nuzleaf looked down at his leg, and back at Robby before leaping out the window. Robby sighed, wanting to have the Nuzleaf on his team but obviously wasn't fit for battle.

As him and Abby made their back from the forest to town, he heard the rustle of grass behind him. "What Pokémon could be so close to the town and this far from the forest?" He asked himself. He turned around and almost jumped as he saw the same Nuzleaf, standing there. The Nuzleaf got down on one knee, almost like saying he's in his debt. "Come on. Let's go get you checked out at the center." He began to pick him up, but the Nuzleaf took a step back. "Ah I see. You're a little fighter aren't you."Let's go then." The trio then made their way to the center.

(OOC: Sorry it's so damn long wanted to get it all in one post haha)