• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Salasa winced, starting to pant. "J-Jeez, that's...that's spicy! Occa berry, definitely Occa...h-heating it up will make it sweeter, but...haahh...that's hot..." He fanned his tongue while they walked. "Agh...I don't do well with spicy..." He mumbled, drinking a bit of water he was holding on to.

Kia gratefully took the food and fed it to Sled. "Thank you!" She chuckled at Salasa's reaction. "Even Sled can eat it, and he's an Ice type." She wrote Occa berry and sketched it from memory. "Who am I to even say anything, I can't eat spicy food either." She closed her notepad and returned it to her bag. She swapped Mudd's position to her head so that Sled had space. "Wait, Salasa's a pretty weird name. Is it your real name?" She realised Kia was pretty weird name too.

"W-Well, don't judge me..." He mumbled, rubbing his arm as he handed his berry to Funky...he knew that Funky enjoyed spicy food, as his favorite food were Cheri Berries, at least for now. Funky happily dug in. "Um...well..." he glanced back at Seth. "You two don't tell anyone, but...no. My real name is Oliver...Salasa is just my nickname. It sounds a lot cooler than Oliver, though." He mumbled softly, shrugging.

Last edited:
Alistar had finally managed to catch up to Corrina, who was now closer to Motostoke than before, the distance between the two was longer than he initially thought. "Hey! Looks like I found you first, you ready for our battle?" He asked, one of his pokeballs already in his hand, he looked very eager to start.

Last edited:
Gabblimey caught eye of the person she challenged before, and knew what had to be done next. So many people she had to put in their place, too many fools to show what their potential is. She never had to calculate that, though, since that number was always equivalent to zero. She followed after Alistar to the large tower in the Wild Area. She went to a tree and leaned against it, waiting for Alistar to finish his business with his girly-friend.

"What makes you think I would judge you? Other than the fact that I have judged everything you have done. Even at first glance I judged you." Kia seemed generally offended. Mudd fell of Kia's head and landed on Sled, who then fell and toppled them both off Kia's shoulder. Sledward got angry and used Ice Shard, which missed Mudd and went right at Funky. Kia returned them both before anything else could happen.

“Well, I...I dunno...I’ve always felt sort of self-conscious of my real name..? Like...never mind, I dunno...just irrational thinking, I guess.” He shrugged. Funky gave a shocked shriek, hiding behind Salasa’s head and shaking his stick at where Sled had been previously.

“Hmm? I...oh, yeah, it sure is! Let’s get going!” Salasa started forward...then he felt something ram against his legs...a few somethings, in fact. A group of Rolycoly had knocked him over, causing him to yelp on his way down. The Rolycoly zoomed into the cave. “Oww...”

Kia watched the Rolycoly leave, then helped up Salasa. "Let's chase after those Rolycoly, they might be going somewhere!" Kia made sure Salasa was alright before walking into the cave and looking for the Rolycoly.

“Ssss...ow...” he rubbed his behind. “That...wasn’t fun...wait, Rolycoly? I should catch one of them!” He hurried after Kia, looking around to find them. Seems he had forgotten his pain pretty quickly...the group of Coal Pokémon were found pretty quickly, harassing Woobat. When they saw the group, they rolled away...except for one. A much bigger one with an angry expression...it was rolling back and forth, challenging Salasa. “Oh...I think it wants a battle! Go, Funky!” The Grookey hopped down, ready to fight. Rolycoly started off the battle with a Tackle, knocking Funky back with a quick strike. "Yikes...it's pretty fast...alright, use Branch Poke! Funky lunged forwards, whacking the Rolycoly with its stick. The Rolycoly used Endure to survive the next hit, ready to lunge back forwards. However, Salasa quickly threw a Fast Ball...with bated breath, he watched as it shook once...twice...three times..! And with a click, some stars popping out for a moment, it was caught! "Alright! Awesome! I caught a Rolycoly!" He picked it back up, and brought it out. The Rolycoly looked around, glanced up at Salasa...and it rammed into him. "Ah! Hey..! Um...I think...do you like the name Steampunk? Terra? ...Rocky Road?" The Rolycoly paused on the last name, then gave a huff. It didn't seem mad at the nickname, at least. "Don't worry...I'm sure we'll be great friends!"

"Oh, well...ow." He glanced down at Rocky Road as it rammed against him...it soon stopped, and rolled off to a nearby rock, making a rocky grumble. "I...don't know if he's happy about being caught...but I'll help him out!" He grinned. "Well...my mom told me that it works best on faster Pokemon. So...like Rolycoly, Ribombee, Jolteon, Pokemon like that." He smiled, sitting down to lure Rocky Road back with a Tomato Berry. It cautiously rolled over, and took the berry. It started eating eat...seems it enjoyed it, since it didn't leave.

Kia scribbled down Faster=Easier next to her sketch. "I haven't seen a lot of pokemon in Galar before, so I might be writing down a lot of things about new pokemon. That's why I keep writing in the back." She flicked back to the front of her notepad, which contained a sketch of Mudkip, Taillow, Lotad and Wurmple. They were the first pokemon she had seen when she first got her notepad back a couple of years ago. Mudd, obviously being her first pokemon. She flicked a couple of pages and there were sketches of Rookidee, Grookey, Skwovet and Corviknight. "All of these are pokemon I've seen before, which is why I'm familiar to Grookey, Applin and Rolycoly already."

"Ooh...I see! I don't recognize those two..." he pointed to the sketches of Taillow and Lotad, tilting his head. "Those aren't native to Galar. Then again, sometimes you see Pokemon that aren't native here out and about...sometimes a Trainer releases their Pokemon here...it's kind of sad." he shrugged, patting Rocky Road on the head. Then he noticed that Funky was gone. "Um...Funky? Where'd you go?" Funky hopped back pretty quickly...though it looked like he had found a pair of shades. He put them on, looking up at them. "Wow...that looked really cool! I like it!" The small monkey squeaked happily, hopping onto Salasa again. "Alright...should we get going?"

"I guess we should. Also, awesome shades." Kia put her notepad away and put her hands in her pocket. She noticed that it was getting lighter the further they went. She concluded that they had to be nearing the exit. "There!" She exclaimed pointing forwards to a bright light. She walked through the exit and it took her eyes a while to adjust to the brightness. "Salasa, where are we?" She rubbed her eyes and looked around.

Rocky Road followed them, chasing away various Pokemon that were watching them. It seemed to like picking fights...Salasa tilted his head as they walked to the exit, rubbing his eyes. Funky was good with the bright light, due to it having the sick pair of shades. "This should be Route 4...yeah, take a look!" He motioned the Wooloo that were around, happily rolling around and grazing. "You can also find Milcery and Meowth here! Pikachu and Eevee are also popular Pokemon that can be found here! And Turffield is just ahead!" The town was visible up ahead...however, before Salasa could keep going, something lunged at him...or more accurately, Funky. A Galarian Meowth knocked down the little monkey, causing a tussle before running off with the sunglasses. "Hey! Bring that back!" He picked up Funky, running after the Meowth.

Now she unabashedly let her excitement show in her eyes. She hadn't really mentioned it to anyone, but this would be her first battle against a trainer and she was the most excited she had been for just about anything! "I've been ready; just had to get everyone fed," she told him as Drifloon flicked a bit of curry sauce off her X-shaped marking.

"Will we bet money and if we do, how much? And who will send out their pokemon first?" she asked him as she moved a respectable distance away, leaving an impromptu field between them. Her pokemon followed, Cufant looming as excited as she was while Drifloon seemed curious and a touch confused.

"I don't see any reason to bet money, so we won't," he said, "And I'll send out my Pokemon first too." He jubilantly added, this would be his first trainer battle in Galar, so he was understandably excited as well. He threw the Pokeball he already had gripped in his hand, revealing his Pokemon of choice to be Oshawott, who cried out happily at the opportunity to finally battle again.

"Wow, a Galarian Meowth!" Kia said watching it launch at Funky. She ran behind Salasa in order to catch up. She sent out Uma to help out. "Uma...huff...Don't let Meowth get away...huff...Salasa, maybe there'll be more where we're heading. If so...huff..maybe we could double...huff...battle some. I would like to have a battle with you...huff...on my side." Uma ran ahead of Salasa. "Maybe...huff...Funky could ride Uma...huff"

Salasa glanced back at Kia, nodding. "That...that sounds like fun! C'mon!" He huffed, extending his arm and letting Funky hop on the back of Uma. He seemed very upset at his new shades being stolen. Eventually, they were able to corner the Meowth by a stone wall...it growled, and soon, another Meowth came by, extending its claws in a menacing fashion. The Meowth that had stolen the glasses put them on, grinning wickedly. "I won't let you take those! Ready for battle, Funky?" The Grookey nodded, banging its stick against the ground.

"Ok, then! Sled! Help them out!" Kia swapped Uma for Sled. "Let's start with a Mud Slap at full speed!" Sled charged at one of the Meowth and used Mud Slap. "Now, get out of the way!" Sled slid back to Kia. This was useful as Meowth used Scratch.

"Alright Funky, use Branch Poke!" Funky rushed forward, ready to smack around the Meowth...the Meowth was able to send him back with a nasty Scratch attack. "Grr...Come on, we can do this!" The Grookey kept attacking...it seemed pretty upset about losing the glasses. "Alright...let's hit 'em with a Taunt!" Funky jumped back, happily jeering the Scratch Cat Pokemon. It was about to Hone Claws, but growled angrily at the taunt, lunging for another attack. Funky was still taunting it, and ended up getting hit. "Funky...hold on, you need to calm down and think!" The Grookey huffed, going in for another attack anyways. "Wait, stop!"

"Oshawott, huh? Alright, Cufant, you're up. Show Drifloon how we battle," Corrina ordered, Cufant happily running into the makeshift field. Taking up a battle stance, the little calf was ready. "I'll tell you what, Alistar, you can have the first move. Even with that advantage, we can win," she called out.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, me and Oshawott did plenty of training together in Unova. So let’s show them what we’ve learnt with Razor Shell!” Oshawott took the scalchop off it’s chest, and began wielding it as a sword while charging at Cufant. A blade of water formed on the makeshift hilt as the Pokémon ran, and once close enough he took an overhead swing at Cufant, while following up with one from the side if the first one were to connect.

Kia noticed what was going on with Funky. Before Funky could get hit she said, "Sled, get in front of Funky and try to freeze both Meowth with Powder Snow." Powder Snow hit both Meowth, and Sled got hit hard. However, the Meowth with the shades was frozen. This allowed Sled to attack with Funky. "Mud Slap to raise Meowth in the air!" Sled obliged, being careful not to get in the way of Funky's attack in the process.

Ready for an attack, the little yellow elephant managed to dodge the initial blow but was too slow to avoid the second hit. She cried at as the watery sword scraped her side and reared onto her hind legs to try to avoid more damage.

"Cufant, use slam!" Corrina called out, her voiced raised so it would carry. Her actual tone revealed nothing. Hearing the order, the steel-type made to fling itself onto its side directly on top of the little water pokemon.

The fury cutters were like a tickle at first. But the more they hit, the more they stung. "Cuf!" she hollered as she hastily stood and ran from the little otter. "Cufant, start your rollouts!" her trainer barked at her. It would be weak at first, but the quicker she went, the more powerful she would be.

Her her trainer loud and clear, the elephant gave a little hop and wrapped her trunk around herself, forming a yellow and green wheel that was speeding across the battlefield. A hard turn back the other way and she was once again bearing down on the little otter.

“Oshawott, dodge it and use Water Gun!” The otter attempted to move out of the way of Cufant to use his move, but the elephant was just too fast for him and the Rollout connected successfully, sending Oshawott flying. He struggled to get up, signalling that he was almost at his limit, so he’d have to pour everything into this next attack. “Alright, use Water Gun and then follow up with Razor Shell!” Alistar called. He could tell Oshawott didn’t have much left in him, so this was his last shot.

Oshawott charged a large beam of water and shot it towards the elephant, then he plucked his Scalchop off his chest again and once again made a dash towards Cufant.

"Hit this next rollout and make it count!" the older teen yelled. This was Cufant's fourth battle, counting the wild pokemon from earlier. She may have been hiding it well but there's no way she had much stamina left.

In her ball, the little Cufant was panting hard. She just wanted to lay down and munch on a few berries... But she trusted Corrina... She just needed to hold out a little bit longer. When the hazy form of the Oshawott sent a water gun her way, she couldn't help but cry. The water stung her scratches and cuts badly. But even now as she trembled, she held out. Her little ball was shaky but she just needed one more good hit!

The razor shell landed and Cufant continued to fly. So blinded the pain of another hit, she didn't notice if she landed her attack. Her ball flew in Corrina's direction. She unfurled and landed with hard, solid thuds at her feet. "Cufant, are you okay?" she asked as she knelt down to her first pokemon.

Oshawott had managed to slide past the Rollout with his little remaining energy, putting his Scalchop back onto his chest with a confident, but exhausted, “Oshaawott!” Alistar ran over to Corrina and Cufant, Oshawott waddling behind him, presuming they’d won. “Is she okay?” He asked.

Funky ran into Sled, backing up a bit. His ears flicked a bit, glancing back at Salasa. “Alright...use growl!” It thought for a moment, then glanced back at the two Meowths. It gave a shrill shriek, but it wasn’t a growl...leaves appeared from behind it as they launched at the two Meowths, avoiding Sled. “Razor Leaf? Wow, awesome job! Um...Funky?” Funky was starting to glow...and grow. “What...What in the world..?”

Corrina ran her hand over the exhausted pokemon's forehead as she nodded to Alistar. "She'll be fine; she's just tired," she told him as she dug through her backpack for a sitrus berry. "Munch on this Cufant. I'll be back in a second."

She moved back to the battlefield, motioning for Drifloon to follow her. The little ghost had been using her tassels to rub Cufant's back as her friend ate at the berry. Cuffant gently nudged her to go with their trainer, encouraging her friend to go take this battle for them. "You ready?" Corrina quietly asked her newest team member. She got a nervous nod in response. "Alistar, are you ready?"

"I think Funky's evolving! It really must like those shades." As Kia was speaking. The other Meowth started to thaw out. "Finish the furthest one off with Ice Shard!" Sled slid in front of the other Meowth and used Ice Shard, knocking it out. "I think Funky may want to finish this one off." She looked at Salasa.

Corrina shrugged. "Do as you wish," she told him. She honestly wished he'd leave Oshawott in but, as a trainer, she completely understood why he wouldn't. That left only one question: who was he sending in? Strategically, he'd send in the Pawniard. Pawniard's dark-steel typing was an almost perfect counter to Drifloon's ghost-flying. However, she hadn't seen his Pawniard listen to anything he had to say; it may be too disobedient to battle. As for the Sandile, she was fairly certain she had little to fear.

"Wait...you mean..." Funky had stopped growing, and it finished by revealing it as a Thwackey. "Wow...you evolved! That looks so, so cool!" Funky looked back at Salasa, grinning with a thumbs up. "Alright...Funky, use Razor Leaf!" Thackey leaped up in the air, sending a barrage of leaves at the Meowth...then it jumped forwards, finishing off the Meowth with a Double Hit. "Wow...that was awesome!" Funky stepped forwards, taking the Shades from the Meowth, and putting them back on with a cross-armed grin.

Alistar returned Oshawott and pondered on which Pokemon he should use next. "Pawniard's a good counter, but I don't think it'll listen to me just yet... Sandile has Rock Tomb though, and since Drifloon is part flying type, it might be the best chance I have." He looked up and took another Pokeball from his trainer belt, he'd made his decision. Alistar threw the ball to reveal Pawniard, he figured the best way to get it to warm up to him was for it to battle with him. "You can have the first move this time." He said.

"That was awesome! I mean pretty cool." Sledward circled around the new Thwackey. He grunted in agreement with Kia. "Well, congratulations Funky. That was pretty sick." Kia had only wished that it was one her pokemon that evolved. She decided to try and get Mudd to evolve before the first gym, as she would not be too involved with it. "I just realised, Black Glasses raise the power of Dark type moves, and Thwackey learns Knock Off fairly soon. I guess its a lucky coincidence!"