• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Who needs a shield when your sword is sharp and at the ready? Like I said, I ain't losing, period. One way or another, ya gonna wanna keep your distance."

Mark hovered back in response to the blow, and smacked Funky with an Astonish. Even for an unevolved Pokemon, his defense was very solid. He could probably take a couple more before falling back.

"Well, my Pokemon's sword is ready to clash! So you better be ready!" Salasa and Funky seemed to be getting quite pumped. Funky was banging his stick on the ground, chirping happily. "Alright, use Growl!" Grookey hopped back, growling at Mark, lowering its attacking power. "Alright! This is super fun!"

"For now. I've grown impatient now. Mark, show her you mean business now, we don't have time for pathetic, run-of-the-mill weaklings. Go on, show her your stuff."

Mark used Astonish again, trying to make the bugger lose focus. He couldn't care less about their safety right now, as long as he was packing on the pain, he was closer to beating them.

Salasa barely noticed the insults, being too focused on the battle. "Alright, good job! Now, Branch Poke, once more! Keep em coming!" He grinned, pumping his fist into the air. Grookey hopped in again...then out, then in, hopping all around to keep the Yamask on its toes...er...well, slab. It soon lunged in to attack. "Alright! Looks like we're both having fun!"

Mark took the hit, there was no way that this Grookey could stay standing for much longer. He once more used Brutal Swing, going for maximum damage output. He knew that the Taunt would soon be ineffective. He made several noises to lure Funky into using Growl again.

"Fun doesn't matter for battles, only winning does. Even if you had fun and lost, that doesn't matter, because you lost. Now hurry up and lose so you get outta my face!"

Salasa winced, as Funky seemed right exhausted after that last swing. "Hang in there, Funky! I know you can do this! Just stay focused!" Grookey nodded...his ears twitched curiously at the noises that Mark was making, but kept his ground. "Huh? You can still have fun and lose! Sure, my first loss was hard...but it's fine, as long as me and my friends are having a good time!" He grinned, giving Funky a thumbs up, with the small monkey returning it. "And we're not down just yet! Not by a long shot! Use another Branch Poke!" Grookey hopped about, this time rolling under the Yamask to throw it off, and attacking when there was an opening.

Mark felt the burden of the Taunt had left him, and took this opportunity to use Protect again. There was no way he was losing now, especially to a filthy monkey. He thought carefully about his next course of action, he could only take one more before retreating.

"Optimism is good, but too much makes your judgment clouded, and ya make stupid mistakes. This is your last chance to give up, go home, and cry to your mum."

"Well, no point in just giving up, right? If I try my hardest, anything can happen!" He grinned. Funky hopped away when his attack was blocked, slamming his stick on the ground in a bit of a rhythm. "I'm not going anywhere...you wouldn't give up if you were losing, would you?" He grinned. "Alright, let's finish this! Use Branch Poke one more time!" The little Grookey lunged once more into the fray, not bothering to try and disorienting. All he needed was one last clean hit...or faint trying.

Mark took the hit, and breathed heavily as he barely hung on. He got lucky with a lot of hits, and knew what had to be done. Get a hit, or faint trying to protect his caretakers pride. He made one last Brutal Swing in a desperate attempt to make Funky go down.

"Mark, no, you come back here right now! You're not fainting this time, you'll risk getting caught by these wankahs again!"

Funky new it was coming, but he was too tired to prevent it. He got hit by the Brutal Swing, and got knocked back...the swirls in his eyes showing that he had fainted. "Funky!" He ran over to him, gently picking him up and cradling the small monkey in his arms. "You did incredibly...you and Smith both...I'm so proud." his Grookey gave a small chirp, and Lucas gave him a Sitrus Berry to munch on while he walked up to Gabblimey. "That was an amazing battle! You and your Pokemon are super tough! But don't worry...I'm gonna get stronger too! And when I do, I'd want a rematch! Sound good?" He grinned...seemed he forgot about the reason he wanted to battle her in the first place.

"Dream on, lassie. I don't give second chances to people who never stood a first one. Now you and your troupe can carry on your merry way, and start out on your journey once again once you can show signs of competence. If I evah see ya miserable mug on the road again, I ain't spending the time for a Pokemon battle, but you'll still get beaten down."

Cor hopped back up on her shoulder, and Mark slowly but surely grabbed onto her shoulders again. Gabblimey walked away from the, at least to her, group of jokes and into the center to heal up her beloved members. Once all healed, she grabbed Mark's arm.

"The bloody hell were you thinking back there?! Ya would've been caught if ya weren't so lucky there! You're on thin ice, Mark, ya gotta watch yourself before taking any risks! Now hurry on, we'll be seeing a new pal soon to cover your flaws."

Gabblimey walked out, and proceeded to head left of Motostoke to see what was there. She had a guy feeling that she would meet a good pal there any moment now.

Seth watched the battle with keen eyes. He did not like to battle, but he knew how to and could give the guy some pointers later. Taking out a small cloth bag, he wrote a small note and placed a few items inside. What he put was a bag of food, both human and pokemon, a couple of pokeballs, and a little bit of money.

"Here you look like you could need these. I noticed that you seemed to be friends with your pokemon, but have not captured them. If I am correct, I want to help out." That was what he had written. With a gentle toss, he had it land right at the feet of the girl. He then walked up to Salasa, and started to heal his pokemon.

"You know you are not bad for a beginner. With some work, I bet you could be a top notch trainer. Do not worry about her. She seems to be more then meets the eye." Seth reached up after he was done, and rubbed the head of Frost. The small ice type rubbed into his neck.

Although dissatisfied with the victor of the battle, Alistar still went up to congratulate Salasa on a great battle. "That was a great battle, you've really got some potential, good job!" He said, "I assume you're a gym challenger? I am too, my name's Alistar." He asked, now with a smile on his face.

Salasa smiled at the compliments, going a little red. "You really think so? I know I could use some work...but it was really my Pokemon that did all the work..." Something seemed to hit him as he let Seth heal up his Pokemon. "Hold on...did she say...risk getting caught? That's weird...I thought they were her Pokemon..." he blinked, as his Grookey looked around once fully healed. It seemed rather interested in a nearby bush, though Salasa wasn't paying attention, instead turning to Alistar. "Hey there, it's nice to meet you! Yeah, I'm a gym challenger...but I haven't exactly gotten registered yet. I got a bit distracted." He chuckled...Funky hopped over to the bush, tilting his head.

Gabblimey looked at the cloth bag, and stared at Seth with absolute rage in her eyes while walking. She grabbed the cloth bag, ran back to the group, and lept as she slugged Seth square in the jaw.

"So. Ya give me this cloth bag full of stuff just because of who, or more aptly in your damn case, what I am huh? HUH?! Ya think that just because I was raised this way that I accept your charity?! Ya take your garbage and keep it for yourself! If ya really want to be useful for once in your life, remove the balls and chuck it in the alley for my family, bastard! Now BUGGER OFF!"

Gabblimey stomped off to her original destination, Route 3. She was getting ready for her match with Milo, getting a proper team ready. She had a feeling she wouldn't be alone for long, though...

Seth however was ready for this outcome. He brought his arm up and blocked the punch. He may not be someone who enjoyed fighting, but would not let some treat him like the girl was. Especially since she was younger then he was. "You know not everyone it doing it for a cause. Some just want to help. If you don't want your friends to be caught, I thought I would help with that. I can see that they care for you, and you for them. Though if you don't do something some might come along and catch them."

Seth had an intense look to him. It seemed that he may be ready for another fight with the girl if she threw another punch at him. Frost on the other hand was severely mad. She almost shot a stream of ice at the girl. Though she stopped herself before she did.

Salasa gasped, eyes widening as the punch was thrown. He backed away, not wanting to have part in an actual fistfight. The Mime Jr. climbed back up onto his shoulder, gently smacking Salasa's head with a stick, though he didn't seem to mind. He was used to it at this point. He rubbed his arm, before glancing at Seth and Kia. "Well...I suppose we should head back inside right quick, since me and Kia need to register..."

Alistar stared at the girl as she walked off, “hope I don’t run into her again.” He said, still staring at her. “Well anyways, I’ve arranged a battle in the wild area with someone, so I should get going. Hope we meet again!” He said, already heading for the wild area gate.

Alistar entered the wild area and had a look around the vast landscape, he spotted a figure in the distance next to a watchtower, which was surrounded with Drifloon. “Must be where Corrina is,” he said to himself, so he made his way over to the watchtower to greet her.

Last edited:
Kia stared at Gabblimey as she approached Seth and tried to punch him. She let herself calm down, then looked at Salasa and gave a small smile. "I can tell you had fun in that battle, even though you lost. I think you did well though. Let's go." She grabbed both Seth and Salasa's arms and pulled them towards the Stadium. "We seem to have gotten off track quite a lot. Let's get ourselves registered before anything else happens." Kia said, before she walked to the desk and handed over her letter. She chose the number 258, because that was Mudkip's national dex number in Hoenn. She received her uniform and put it in her bag, then stepped out of the way for Salasa.

"Yeah...well, I thought I was gonna lose anyways...so I thought I might as well give it my all. And I did!" He grinned, following Kia into the Stadium, with Funky following close behind. Mime Jr. looked around the stadium, curiously examining the other people that were there. Salasa waited for Kia, then followed suit, turning in his letter and receiving his own uniform, choosing the number 903. It was his mom's number when she went through the Gym Challenge, though he never knew why she picked it. "Alright! So...what should we do now?" He grinned at the two.

"You said we could go to the wild area, if I remember correctly." Kia said. "Even if you didn't, I'm going anyways." She walked out without another word. She took a couple of steps outside before turning round and grabbing the two. "Just in case." She pulled them out and headed towards the Wild Area. She mumbled, "Let's find a good pokemon."

"Alright, let's go! I don't think there's any Pokemon in the Wild Area right now that I want to grab...though...don't Mime Jr show up there from time to time? I wouldn't mind catching one of those..." He thought for a bit...the Mime Jr. on his shoulder giggled softly, before hopping off and running somewhere. Funky returned to his shoulder, without Salasa even noticing.

Kia cocked her head, "Hold on, isn't that one right there?" She rubbed her eyes. It was gone! "I guess not." As she started to look around for a pokemon (preferably a Delibird) she tripped over something. It didn't feel hard when she poked it. It was brown. "Don't tell me that's..." She was interrupted by a very angry looking Swinub. "Guess it wasn't," she hopped back, "Sure, it isn't a Delibird, but it's good enough. Mudd, time for you to show 'em how it's done. With Water Gun!" Mudd emerged from her pokeball and shot a Water Gun straight at the Swinub. "Follow up with a Tackle." Mudd didn't do anything. "Mudd?" The Swinub leapt at Mudd, who didn't budge. The Swinub used Ice Shard at point blank, before ramming into Mudd with a Tackle. Mudd fell back, before leaping forwards, starting to glow and ramming into Swinub, stronger than a Tackle. "Evolution? Or... Bide!" Kia took the opportunity to catch Swinub, who was struggling on their back. The pokeball rattled three times, then a small ping was heard. "YES! I mean, cool." Kia picked up the pokeball and released Swinub. "You shall henceforth be known as Sledward or Sled." She saluted to Sled and Sled grunted before giving a small smile and dosing off. She allowed Sled to stay on her shoulder instead of returning.

"Huh? Um..." he looked around, tilting his head in confusion. "No...I don't think so. Did you see anything, Funky?" Funky gave a cheeky grin, shaking his head with a small chirp. "Alright...woah!" He jumped back a little, curiously examining the small Pokemon. "Wow...a Swinub! You gonna catch it?" he grinned, stepping back to let her battle. He watched with bated breath, "Wow...awesome! Good job!" He grinned, before hearing a cheering behind him. It was the Mime Jr. from earlier, cheering along with Salasa. "Oh...wow, you were right! Hey there!" The little pink Pokemon grinned, happily dancing around.

Kia blushed a little from the cheering. She noticed the Mime. Jr copying Salasa. "I guess I'm not the only one making an addition to the team. It seems to like you! You're catching it right?" Kia said, still excited from catching Sled.

"Of course I am! Let's do this!" he grinned, sending out Smith for battle. However, the Mime Jr. didn't seem interested...it jumped forward, clapping in front of Smith with a Fake Out. Smith got startled and flinched, hiding in his apple...Mime Jr. used this opportunity to skip away, giggling happily. "W-Wait, come back! Oh...well...maybe we'll run into it again." He shrugged, turning back to Kia. "But congrats on catching the Swinub!"

After her successful capture of a Drifloon, Corrina had moved closer to Motostoke. Feeling hungry and knowing her pokemon had to be even more so, she set up the base of a camp and out on the fire for some curry. Thankfully, the Wild Area grew many curry ingredients naturally so it would be rare for her to spend money on food. Today's lunch consisted of large leek curry with oran, sitrus, and leppa berry chunks.

Looking up from the last of her own food, she gave her pokemon a small smile. They were just chattering away while eating their lunch. They were fast friends, indeed. "Finish up, you two. We need to find Alistar soon; we promised him a battle. Remember, Cufant?" After receiving a trumpet of agreement, the two little ones scarfed down whatever food was left and started warming up while Corrina cleaned up.

Seth on the other hand brought out his guitar. He wanted to have a little bit of fun with the pokemon that was around. What he started playing was a happy song that seemed to attract some of the more unusual pokemon like butterfree Beautifly. They seemed to surround him as he bagan to sing.

Frost stayed on the lod where Seth sat. She was happy to watch the pokemon dance around her friend. It was a sight to see all of the pokemon surround the young singer. He had also gathered some of the curry ingredients for later on.

"I don't think Mime Jr. wants to battle you... Maybe next time use the pokeball immediately. If that doesn't work, Mime Jr. doesn't want to be caught just yet." Kia said, blushing even more at the compliment. "You know, you really aren't very set on anything. No offence, or anything, but you aren't very lucky either." She turned to Seth who was playing a song, being surrounded by Butterfree and Beautifly. "Just saying, it's a wonderful song, but it looks like the pokemon are attacking you, from where I'm standing." She knew she was only saying this to stop herself blushing.

Gabblimey dropped down to the ground, and began crawling into the tall grass to find a new pal. Peering through the blades, she desperately searched for a Pokemon to call over. As she kept crawling, she struggled to see the bugger that was climbing onto her back. Mark stared at the little guy for a few moments before they crawled further up Gabblimey's back and into her hair. She felt this, but thought nothing of it, probably just Mark moving his head again. She thought something of it soon, though, as she felt the moving of several tiny feet across the back of her neck, and up her cheek. The perpetrator revealed themselves as they hung off Gabblimey's forehead and looked at her from above. A little Sizzlipede looked at her, twitching their little mustache mouth before she rapidly backed out of the grass and lightly put them down on the ground. Turns out creatures don't really like being picked up, so her fingers got a little burnt. Gabblimey knelt down and reached into her back pocket, pulling out a few berries she salvaged from Michael's stash. She laid them out in a straight line in front of her, leaving a distance of about 10 feet between them. If they were going to come along, she had to make sure that they were dedicated. The little bug was doubtful at first, but slowly came along as they ate up a few of the berries laid out for them. She nodded as the Sizzlipede progressed down the line of bait laid out for it. About 7 feet in, the Sizzlipede looked to Gabblimey and backed up a bit before (essentially) charging at her. They made a small jump onto her leg, crawling back up her body until reaching her arm, when they bit her. She winced a bit, but lightly scratched their head to calm them. They were startled from this, but lightly leaned into the little scratches, eventually crawling up onto her hand, and curling around her wrist. She smiled, and lightly pet them as she thought of a good name for them.

"Alright now, laddie-" The Sizzlipede hissed at her lightly. "Sorry, lass, how'd you like the name... Slink? Chappy? Um... Coil?"
They wiggled in delight with the last one, nodding a bit when looking back to her. "Alright, Coil it is. Let's hurry along now, we have a date with another punk in the Wild Area. Let's see what you're capable of, Coil."

Gabblimey walked back to the center in Motostoke, healing people up while snacking a bit on some food she stole. Everyone climbed back onto her afterwards, and she walked down the steps to the Wild Area. She spotted the loser from before and snarled. Why did everyone have to be in her way constantly? She did her best to walk away from them and rest against a rock a fair distance away. Now to wait once more.

"Well...yeah...I always just assumed the only was to catch a Pokemon is to battle it first...well...then again that's not how it went with Funky, so...yeah, maybe I'll try that. Well...then I'll make up for it with pure skill! I just need to work on that front first." He shrugged, turning to Seth as well. Smith and Funky seemed to like it too.

Seth knew he was being watched, but gave it no mind as he started on the verse of the song. His voice was smooth and silky. It's soft and delicate sound seemed to calm the pokemon that was around him.

Out of his bag, a bluish white light appeared and Fluff appeared out of the pokeball. She loved the sound of music that Seth made. It made her dance to the beat. The way she moved, you would think that she was trained to move like she did.

"Best thing we can do now is head to the first gym in... Turffield! We best get moving, then. Oh wait, I forgot, are you a boy or a girl, Sled." Sled said nothing. "Boy?" Sled nodded and grunted. "Ok then, the name is appropriate." Kia started messing with her hair until putting it in a ponytail. "So, how to get to Turffield, Salasa?"

Salasa noticed Gabblimey was nearby, and waved to her...though he didn't try and talk or approach her, since he didn't want to bother her anymore. Funky hopped up to Seth, banging his stick against the rock to the rhythm of the music. Salasa glanced back at Kia, nodding. "Right...we should do that. But, um...is it alright if I visit my mom once we get there? I wanna talk to her...maybe get some advice, you know?" He grinned. "Besides, I think Smith would wanna see his mom too...anyways, to get there, we need to go through the Galar Mines...and to do that, we need to go through Route 3. I know the way!"

Last edited:
Kia smiled, "Why not? If we were going to Hulbury I would ask the same thing!" She looked at Gabblimey and then back at Salasa. "Let's leave... she's creeping me out." She started pulling Salasa before telling Seth that they should be leaving now. She pulled Salasa back to the Pokemon Centre, avoiding eye contact with Gabblimey as she passed. She healed her Pokemon, then said, "Being perfectly honest... I have no idea where anything is."

"That's kinda rude...I don't think she's all bad. She just needs to be tough...for some reason." he shrugged, smiling softly as he followed Kia, waving at Seth to follow them. He returned his Pokemon before leaving of course, and when they got to the Center, he gave them to Nurse Joy to be healed. "Don't worry, I know. I needed to walk to Motostoke from Turffield, so I know the way." He grinned. "Well...we need to head to the west of town, over to Route 3. Alright?"

"Ok then. Onward and upw... forward. That sounded better in my head." She said. She picked up Sled and introduced Mudd and Uma. Uma jogged on the spot releasing a couples of neighs. Mudd started jogging on the spot before tripping up. Kia returned both Uma and Sled, and Mudd hopped up to her shoulder. Kia put up her hood as it was getting cold. She headed to the west of town and went into Route 3. She saw the sign that indicated the way. "Salasa, when we get to the mines, you might be able to catch a Rolycoly."

Salasa chuckled, nodding. "Yeah...sometimes things sound better than when you say it." He shrugged, following Kia once more. "Yup, we sure can! First one I see is gonna be my friend!" He grinned, walking along...he looked around, taking a bite of the berry that they had grabbed back in Wedgehurst...he blinked, making an upset face. "Urgh...um...scratch that, this isn't the kind of berry I thought it was..."

"What is it then?" Kia pulled her notepad out and scribbled her observations out. She looked at Salasa. She knew that she had forgotten her books, but she didn't realise until they found the berries. She wrote down go home, get books. She pulled out her berry and released Sledward. She then fed him the berry, as he hadn't actually eaten anything- being the latest addition.

Seth seemed to take his time being with the other two. He had settled his guitar back in it's case, and walked along with Kia and Salasa to the pokemon center. Though he did have one of the butterfree following him as he walked. It seemed that the bug type was enjoying the company of the singer.

Looking to the new addition to Kia's team, he brought out a small jar of food and held it out to the girl. "Here this should be something Sled might enjoy. Later when we find a spot I can make some curry if you guys want." Seth held out his other hand, and the butterfree landed on it. Seth held out a piece of food for them, and the bug type ate it up hapily.