• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Nah, I think it was awesome too!" He grinned, patting Funky on the head while he put his sticks away, grinning contently. "Wow...really? That's so cool!" He leaned up, returning Thwackey to his Pokeball. "I've never seen a Pokemon evolve before...that was really something!" He looked around, tilting his head. "...I suppose I can catch a Milcery later. Were there any Pokemon you wanted to catch before we left?"

"Not really, thinking about it. Let's go then." Before Kia returned Sled, she patted his head. You and me are going to make a perfect team for a gym battle. She got up and headed for the nearby town of Hulbury. As she entered the city she looked around enjoying every moment of it. "So, where's your ma's house?" She turned to Salasa walking backwards.

Salasa nodded, starting to walk to town. He looked around, smiling happily. “You know, I didn’t realize how much I missed this place until now...it’s gonna be weird traveling and just...not being here.” She’s...oh, there it is!” He ran to a fairly nice-looking house, though it looked like there were quite a few Pokémon hanging around there. Some Gossifluer and Eldegoss lazily floating around, a good number of bird Pokémon like Pidove, Rookidee, and even a Flapple. It took a good look at the group, and went inside...pretty soon, a rather plump woman with a sweet face opened the door, an Appletun close behind. “Oh, hello Oliver! I didn't think you’d be visiting!” He went red, rubbing his arm. “Muuuuum, it’s Salasa now...” she grinned, giving him a hug. “Oh, I know. And it looks like you’ve already made some friends! My name is Shelby...it’s very nice to meet you!”

"It's very nice to meet you to. I'm Kia, Salasa's... I mean, Oliver's rival in the gym challenge." She turned to Seth with pleasure. "This is Seth, and he's also travelling with us. Oliver," she smirked at Salasa, obviously enjoying this, "has been really fun to travel with, so far. You must be a great mother." She tried to be as kind as possible.

"Kia...come on!" He mumbled a little. Shelby gave a soft smile. "My little darling has been obsessed with the gym challenge ever since he saw his first Dynamaxed Pokemon...I was in the gym challenge myself at one point. Me and my husband, in fact. We traveled together...I also had a very sweet rival, Rose. These days, I spend my time tending to the garden out back with my partners...oh, that reminds me! Oliver...I mean, Salasa." She giggled a little. "If you win the battle against Milo, I have a little surprise for you. I think you're going to enjoy it very much...oh, I really should be going now. You three better prepare for the gym challenge..." Salasa interrupted. "Um...Seth isn't doing the gym challenge." "Oh! Well then, you two better get ready. Milo may not be the strongest of the gym leaders, but he's still quite strong." She smiled softly, waving goodbye as she walked off. Her Appletun nudged Salasa, giving a smile, before sauntering off after Shelby. "That's, um...that's my mum."

"It is great to meet you ma'am. My name is Seth as Kia has told you. Though I am not a rival for them." In Seth's arms, was Frost. She was a bit shaken up by the meowth. Though the others do not know what it was about. Her companion was not about to say anything except to just hold her a bit closer. He was glad that she was not freaking out like she did when the meowth stole the sunglasses before.

She'd never admit it, but Corrina was rather grateful for being able to have the first move now. The Pawniard truly was a perfect counter to her Drifloon, especially at this early stage in her training. There was a way they could win but it likely required some cheap tactics. "Stay high and use your focus energy; don't give him the chance to get close enough to hit," she ordered. One eerie ghostly cry later, and Drifloon was gaining altitude.

"Pawniard, use Screech." He said calmly, hoping she would listen. She did this time, letting out an ear piercing cry that made Alistar have to block his ears for a second. He smiled that she'd listened, although they'd spent such a little amount of time together she was already warming up to him.

"Don't worry I won't say that name ever again. I think." She said as Shelby walked away. "What do you think the surprise is?" Kia turned and headed towards the pokecenter to heal her pokemon. "I personally think it's money. You can't go wrong with it."

"You think..." He mumbled, rubbing his arm. "Well...I really hope it's something cool. Like maybe an item or something from her journey...as a sort of memento. Something special." Salasa followed Kia, healing his Pokemon as well. "Well...I don't think it's money...that's never really been our main concerns. I prefer Pokemon more...hey, maybe she got me a Pokemon! That'd be neat!"

"If it is a pokemon, which one do you think it is? Maybe one of her unevolved pokemon, if she has any. Anyways, you have to beat the gym first so let's get going." She put out her hand. "May the best trainer win. Or should it be, the both of us win."

"I...really don't know. Maybe it's another grass type...like an Eldegoss. She's a Grass-Type trainer after all...I really don't know, she certainly knows how to surprise people..." He shrugged, and shook Kia's hand with a grin. "You know we will! Besides, Milo goes pretty easy on people...that's why he's the first gym...oh, wait! How good are you at wrangling Wooloo?"

"Wrangling Wooloo? Never done it before. Why?" Kia scratched her head becoming serious all of a sudden. She realised that it must have something to do as Salasa only remembered when he mentioned the gym. She took out her notepad, ready to make notes.

"Well, my mum said that's what Milo's challenge is. You gotta wrangle a group of 20 Wooloo...there's Yamper along the way that'll chase them around and whatnot, and gym trainers too...let's see...since you're my friend, I'll let you in on a secret. Wooloo are tough to boss around, so just run after them rather than waste breath. They'll usually roll off along with you." he grinned. "See, I liked helping Milo, and he taught me everything I know about Wooloo!"

"Right, now I know." Kia wrote all of this down. She put her notepad away, then went to the stadium and looked at its size. "That's massive!" She looked at Salasa then entered. When inside she looked around. She took a seat and took a card out of her bag. She showed it to Salasa and Seth. "I made this before, when we were sitting down." It was a league card with a photo of her on it. She was in a detective's coat and had a pokeball in her hand. She had her ,usually untied, hair in a ponytail. She also wore a glove on the hand with a pokeball. "I took this picture a while before we started travelling together. That's why I look a bit different." She pointed to her face, which was slightly younger and smiling. Which was unusual as she normally had a smirk or a serious face.

Last edited:
“Yeah, the stadiums are huge for all the Dynamaxing.” He grinned, sitting with Kia. Salasa tilted his head, smiling. “Wow...that’s really cool! I need to update my own league card...” he pulled out a card from his bag. He was wearing a replica of Leon’s uniform, and had his arms crossed with a huge smile on his face. He looked about the same as he did now, though his hair seemed to be shorter. “I need to make a name for myself, so I’ll probably update my card after the gym.”

"Well seeing as this is your hometown, you can go first. Show me how it's done." She said, smirking a little. She patted him on the back to support him. She knew that all her pokemon would want to cheer him as they watched, so she released them all. "Ok guys, behave. We don't want to have a bad image of us."

"This should be the place..." Jake said to the Scorbunny that was currently sat on his shoulders and holding onto the back of his head gently, like how a father gives his son a piggyback ride. The thirteen year old looked around, biting his lip a bit. "A-at least...i hope. Unless we got last somehow." "Scor..." Sonny (the Scorbunny) answered, carefully standing up on his trainer's shoulders to get a better look around. "What you think, wanna stop somewhere to eat?" Jake asked, feeling the Pokemon's paws on his head. Sonny heard his own stomach grumble. "Scor, scor..." he nodded. Jake smiled, nodding in reply to the Pokemon he'd had for a couple weeks now. They'd grown accustomed to each other's company, and now had each other to "talk" too while on the road. "Baltimore is probably hungry too," Jake commented, looking down at the pokeball attached to his hip; inside was a male Rookiedee, caught while the two were traveling between towns. Jake named the bird pokemon Baltimore, and he'd been the third member of the team, and the newest until a fourth is caught. Jake spots a map of the town and walked over, studying it. "Alright...there's a diner a few blocks away," he said to the rabbit, before starting to walk in the direction of the diner, as his own stomach rumbled a bit as he did. "Gah, I'm gettin' hungry too," he chuckled lightly, looking around at the sights of Turffield as Sonny adjusted himself, now sat on Jake's shoulder, his rump on it as his feet dangled off the front. "If you see anything you wanna stop and look at or something, just say 'Scorbunny, scor'." Jake said playfully. Sonny rolled his eyes slightly, causing the human to chuckle as they walked through town.

Last edited:
Corrina couldn't helo but groan at how the Pawniard listened to its trainer. There went her best chance at this fight. Still, she'd do her best to at least wear it down. There was still one more thing to test, after all. "Use your gust attack!" She ordered.

Just as she predicted, Drifloon descended for the attack. The little ghost wasn't strong enough to send the attack from a long distance like a bird pokemon could. Her tassels had to be much closer to connect the attack, putting her within range to be hit back. Still, at least they could get some attacks off at a little bit of a distance. It was certainly better than anything astonish would do for here...

As Drifloon grew closer, Pawniard braced for it's attack, while preparing itself to strike back afterwards. "Pawniard, use Fury Cutter!" This time she didn't listen, instead waiting for Drifloon to draw closer before attacking. The gust hit, almost knocking the steel type of it's feet however she held her ground. Without a second thought, Pawniard jumped at Drifloon with a Metal Claw under it's own will- still showing some form of disobedience towards it's trainer.

While on the way to the diner, Jake heard a bit of banging and stopped, blinking. He slowly walked towards an alley and looked in it, Sonny gripping his head a bit tighter with one paw.

A Yamper was digging through a freshly knocked over garbage can of a coffee place, rooting through empty coffee cups for any scraps of food.

Jake stepped back in suprise, before feeling upset for it; obviously a stray.

He slowly took a step forward. The Yamper's ears perked up, and it quickly jumped out of the garbage can, getting into a defensive position. It bared its pointy canid teeth, backing up slightly.

"Easy, bud..." Jake said softly, raising his hands.

"You're fine..." he continued, as Sonny watched nervously.

Arceus, he hoped watching his dad calm down agitated and or injured pokemon when he was a kid would pay off right now...

"Yamp..." the dog pokemon said, taking another step or two back before it bolted off, running around the corner of another building and hitting the lid of the overturned can as it ran.

Jake started to follow, but slowed to a stop and sighed quietly.

Looking over, he walked to the garbage can and carefully stood it back up, being careful not to touch anything.

A few seconds later, the door leading into the coffee shop opened, just as he sat the lid back on it.

"Oh...lemme guess. Yamper?' The lady asked.

Jake blinked.
"Uh...y-yeah."

She sighed. "Thought so. He's a stray. Showed up about six months ago. Personally, i think his trainer abandoned him. He's been getting into people's trash."

"Has anyone tried to catch him before?"

"Mmhmm. Like a dozen people. No one's been successful though. He always runs off."

Jake looked at the corner the Yamper vanished.

"Anyway...thanks for fixing the garbage, ya saved me the work. Here," she said, handing him a $20 giftcard to the coffee shop.

"We have locations in Hammerlocke, Circhester, Wyndon, Motostoke..." she continued, walking back towards the door, and shut it behind her.

Jake slipped the giftcard into his bag. He didn't drink coffee, but they gotta have SOMETHING he liked, right? Hopefully?

He glanced at Sonny, who flicked his left ear and shrugged a bit.

He walked out of the alley, starting his way back to the diner.

Behind him, the Yamper slowly poked his head out from behind the corner he turned, watching the boy leave with a curious head tilt.

Last edited:
Soon, Salasa had completed the challenge...Salasa's mother had found Kia, and invited her to sit with her...Salasa walked down onto the field, looking around in wonder as Milo walked in from the other side. Salasa's mother smiled softly. "My little boy, in his first gym battle...I might cry...go honey! You can do it!" Salasa and Milo were walking away from one another, to send out their Pokemon...Salasa sent out Funky, while Milo sent out his Gossifleur.

Gabblimey was getting tired of waiting for the battle between Corrina and Alistar. If it were her there, she would've been done twice- no, three times as fast as that amateur. She checked on her pals briefly before getting up, walking over to the battle, and standing behind Alistar with her arms crossed. If this battle took a minute or two more, she would break things up right quick for herself. She wasn't going to wait seven hours for one battle to end.

Kia gladly sat down next to Salasa's mother, and joined in the cheering, "Try your hardest!" She changed to a very serious, almost scary face, "You better not lose." She folded her arms and stared at his head. Kia knew he couldn't see her but she felt it would affect his performance so she stopped.

Hearing loud noises, Jake blinked and looked around, seeing Milo and Salasa's battle played on a TV outside the diner, a small crowd gathered around to watch."Oh, t-the gym leader is battling," he said to Sonny, who stood up on the back of the human's head like a Watchog looking for predators.

"...we get it, you can sit on me in like a million different ways, show off," Jake rolled his eyes, reaching up and grabbing the rabbit and held him close to his chest.

Sonny shot him an innocent smile as the trainer curiously approached the tv and stopped right at the back of the crowd.

"Haven't seen much battles from the other side of the field..." Jake realised out loud as he watched Funky and Gossifleur get brought out.

Hearing that, a woman turned to him.

"Are you a gym challenger too?" She asked.

He blinked and looked over, laughing nervously.

"Uh...not exactly. Well...i-im not registered. I...don't wanna become champion...blasphemy, i know," he blushed in embarrassment

"I...just...wanna see all of Galar, meet pokemon, and after that...well...i thought about maybe visiting and touring Johto after i saw all of Galar, but that's still far off..." he smiled slightly, and stroked Sonny's ears.

He turned back to the tv and watched intently while sitting down at a nearby outdoor table as Sonny hopped onto it, cocking his head to the side as he saw the pokemon on screen, not having seen them before.

A waiter soon came up and took their food orders and left, letting the two focus on the screen again.

Last edited:
The battle commenced...the two commanded their Pokemon, with Salasa telling his Thwackey to use Razor Leaf, and Milo telling his Gossifleur to use Rapid Spin. The leaves that Funky summoned were mostly blown away by Rapid Spin, and Gossifleur sped up a bit. Next came a Double Hit from Thwackey, hitting the Gossifluer once before knocking it away with the second hit. The Beat Pokemon pulled its Sunglasses down, grinning. After a round from Gossifluer, and one more Razor Leaf from Thwackey, Gossifluer fainted...now the crowd started to cheer excitedly. Salasa's mother turned to Kia, tilting her head. "Hey...have you ever seen a Dynamax Pokemon before?"

"Ooh, that trainer with the T-Thwackey is pretty good..." Jake smiled, watching Gossifleur get returned to its ball, as their food came.

Sonny stared at the food in hunger, before he started to stuff his face full.

Jake rolled his eyes playfully, chuckling as he picked up a french fry and raised it to his mouth as he looked back at the screen.

Seeing something out of the corner of his eye, he blinked and looked over.

The same Yamper was poking its head out from behind a garbage can; when he looked over, it instinctively hid itself for a few seconds, before it slowly peeked back out, staring at his hand.

He followed its gaze, and looked back at it. He slowly lowered the fry close to the ground with a soft smile.

Yamper's ears perked up. The dog pokemon hesitantly took a step forward, slowly approaching.

It sniffed the fry, before quickly taking it in its mouth and swallowing, then looked back up at him expectingly.

Jake chuckled, feeding it another.

After a third fry, the Yamper backed away and ran off, eventually vanishing.

Jake sighed a bit, eating the fourth fry. "Well...least he's eaten." He said optimistically, before he looked back at the pokemon battle while eating his food.

Last edited:
Her eyes widened a bit. “Oh my...so you never got a Dynamax Band? Well, I made sure Oliver has one, but...here, it’s my own. Better on you than me.” She smiled, taking a band off her wrist and handing it to Kia. “Now watch...every Gym, except for the one in Spikemuth, has a Power Spot. And with a Dynamax Band...” Salasa returned his Thwackey, and sent out a Carkol...it was Rocky Road, evolved within the gym. Milo sent out Eldegoss...but soon returned it, and Salasa did the same. Energy from their Dynamax Bands shone bright, making the pokeballs quite large. When they threw them behind themselves, both Eldegoss and Rocky Road grew to massive sizes.

"OOH! They're dynamaxing!" Jake said excitedly, and scooched to the edge of his seat. "N-now it'll be i-interesting!"

"Scor!" Sonny's eyes sparkled, having seen other pokemon dynamaxing before, albeit only once or twice.

"M-my money's on the Carkol," Jake said to the rabbit, who nodded in agreement as both watched while anxiously eating.

Last edited:
"He is doing good isn't he. I knew I should not have went for these. Oh well I can surpise him with them as a treat for wining." Seth had went into town after the trio arived. He wanted to get something for his friends, and thought some pastries would be a good idea. He had stopped to watch Salasa on the t.v. by a boy who fed a yamper.

On his shoulder rested Frost, who was snuggled up to him as he walked. She was wide awake looking around the new town. She could not believe the day that they had.

The boy's Scorbunny glanced over at Frost curiously, before stuffing his face with another pawful of pokemon food.

"If you get fat im not carrying you around anymore," Jake joked at his partner, who rolled his eyes in response. "Scor, bunny..." he retaliates. "...y-you're lucky I cant understand Scorbunny, blink once if that wasn't an insult, twice if that WAS an insult."

Blink. blink...blink.

"...i didn't say three times."

"Scor."

Jake chuckled lightly and continuesld eating, glancing over at the other trainer

Last edited:
Sonny stared at the screen in awe, grinning widely, watching as the huge fireball lit up everything.

"...you know, its a wonder that there's never been any injuries from any dynamax attacks.' Jake thought out loud

Sonny blinked and looked at him with a look that clearly said "stop ruining this for me"

Last edited:
The Eldegoss then used Max Strike, creating a massive pillar of energy underneath Rocky Road that damaged it, and made it move slower...then, after another Max Flare with another huge fireball, an Explosion happened underneath Eldegoss as it began to shrink, falling over...it was down. And the battle was won. Rocky Road shrunk down too...for a bit, Salasa was still before joyfully jumping around, and giving his Carkol a hug. He walked up to Milo to shake his hand, and receive his Grass Badge. Soon, he left the stadium, and returned to the Lobby, still grinning ear to ear.

"Sheesh, that battle didn't take long," Jake blinked, watching as Salasa received his badge.

"Ive heard that they can go on for a while, especially if both trainers have stuff like Revives and Potions...but that's gotta get tedious eventually, right?" He asked his pokemon, who shrugged.

"E-Either way...lets see what she can do. I might not be part of the gym challenge, but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy watching the battles." He grinned, watching as the girl walked onto the battlefield.

Last edited: