• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Salasa groaned, crossing his arms. "It's Salasa! Come on, I..." He stopped talking when his mother hugged him, smiling widely. "Aww...my precious baby boy got his first gym badge! You're growing up so fast..." She smiled, and Salasa shook his head. "Muuuuum...um...Good luck, Kia! Don't forget about the tips I had with the Wooloo!" He smiled, and the two went to the bleachers to watch the match.

"Don't worry the Wooloo won't be a problem." As Kia got on the field, she saw all of the Wooloo. She chased them around to the pens. She wiped the sweat off her forehead. She saw Milo on the side of the field. He walked on and Kia did the same. Kia threw her pokeball and Mudd came out. The Mudkip turned around and looked at Kia, questioning her tactic. Kia looked down at Mudd gave her an Oran Berry, then stood up. "This should come in useful." Milo sent out Gossifleur.

"Mudd, Bide!" Mudd started to glow. Milo's Gossifleur leapt and used Round, getting an incredible hit. Mudd, however, didn't budge. Gossifleur then used Magical Leaf, which was super effective. Mudd survived, then struck back. It nearly fainted Gossifleur in one hit. Kia knew that would happen, because of the super effective hit on Mudd. "Finish it with Mud Slap!" Mudd started to glow, and stood on its back legs. "Wait a minute!" Mudd ran at Gossifleur and shot a large ball of mud at it. "Evolution... and a new move!" Mudd stopped glowing and it was a Marshtomp. Gossifleur was knocked back by the move and fainted. "Nice one, Mudd." Mudd smiled then ate it's berry. Milo sent out his Eldegloss and Kia switched Mudd for Sled. Kia Dynamaxed Sled and Milo Gigantamaxed his Eldegloss. "Wow... ok so uh. Use Max Hailstorm?"

"Wonder if she knew that Mudkip would evolve into a Marshtomp...otherwise sending a Mudkip out against Milo's grass types doesn't seem that great of a choice..." Jake raised an eyebrow, but shrugged, watching the two pokemon grow bigger.

"Although...im definitely not the person to say something about that..." he said laughing nervously, as Sonny glared at him, remembering when Jake sent him out against a Wooper a week or so ago.

Last edited:
A dark cloud was above the two pokemon, and then chunks of ice fell from it. A massive chunk of ice fell on Eldegoss, exploded and the stadium started to hail. Eldegoss was knocked back, but the used Max Strike, which didn't do much to Sled. Kia pointed and Sled use Max Hailstorm again finishing Eldegoss off. Eldegoss and Sled shrunk. Kia smirked and patted Sled, before getting up and returning to the lobby.

Salads gasped at the sight of the newly evolved Marshtomp, and cheered wildly. When the battle was over, he ran down to the lobby to barrel into Kia with a hug, grinning widely. “You did it! I wasn’t expecting Mudd to evolve, and...wow, just incredible! You did it! Now we each got our Grass Badges, and...” He blabbered on in his excitement, with his mother chuckling behind him. “Excellent job to the both of you! Now...I believe I have a reward for you Oliver. (Muuuum!) Oh, yes...Salasa. Here you go.” She handed him a Heal Ball, causing his smile to deflate a bit. “Oh...um...thanks, mum...”

"We should go to the stadium though, i heard there was a pretty cool store in there,' Jake said to the Scorbunny, as they finished their food.

Sonny nodded, tossing the last bit of food into his mouth, before jumping onto Jake's shoulder, clutching his head again as he stood.

After a quick run later (probably not smart considering they just ate), Jake, clutching his chest and panting a bit, ran into the stadium.

"Urgh..." Jake said, as his breath started to return.

Sonny rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't give me that, you always have two shoulders and head to sit on like a lazy bum," Jake said to his pokemon, walking by Seth and the two challengers, not noticing.

Sonny however, noticed...

"Alright, the store's this way- Sonny? Sonny, where are you- hey!" Jake said, as the rabbit jumped off his shoulder and over to the group, smelling sweets. Oh, and there was people.

"Ugh, im gonna throw this Scorbunny in a pool!" Jake sighed, giving chase. Of course, it was just an empty threat.

Sonny slid to a stop in front of the group, looking up at the box of bakery food with interest and sniffed it.

He hopped onto Seth's shoulder to get a better look.

"Sonny! Don't jump on the stranger's shoulder! He doesn't know you and you dont know him!" Jake scolded, pulling the fire type off Seth's shoulder and clutching him tightly

"S-s-sorry," Jake apologised quickly, face darkening in embarrassment, clearing his throat

"He does that every once in a while...usually when its someone or something hes curious about, he's usually pretty timid."

"Scor!"

"Don't give me that look, you are!" Jake glared at him, and looked back at the others and smiling nervously

"S-Sorry he got in your hair..."

Last edited:
Seth giggled at the little rabbit pokemon. He was used to pokemon doing that to him as he grew up on a ranch. Reaching into his bag he pulled out a jar of poke puffs that he had stored and pulled out one for the fire type. "Here you go little guy. I do not mind the jumping onto my shoulder. Just be glad that Frost was not there are you would have been shot mid air with an ice beam."

By his side was an Alolan Vulpix, who nodded her head at that statement. She watched the way her friend treated others and was glad that she was by his side.

Kia was overwhelmed by the hug and shouted in surprise. Sled jumped back before he could get hurt. Kia scratched her head when Salasa was given a Heal Ball. She remembered what it was. "A Heal Ball heals a pokemon from any damage from a battle when caught. Useful for when you are far away from the next town and your pokemon are worn down." She raised an eyebrow when Seth came. She looked almost mad. "Well, at least you didn't miss the match" She said punching Seth's arm lightly. As Sled saw Frost, he moved over and circled the Ice type, before returning to Kia's side. Sled jumped back when a Scorbunny jumped on Seth. Seth didn't seem to mind, but it gave Kia a heart attack. She tripped over Sledward and fell on Salasa. "Sledward... I will..." She banged her head on the ground. "Never mind." She looked at the boy who owned the Scorbunny. "Hi there, I'm Kia." She waved from the ground and smirked.

"Hey like I would miss it even if I was out of the stadium at the time. I watched the whole thing on my phone. Which was quite handy as I had this made while you guys were battling." With that Seth opened the box from the bakery to reveal a box of cupcakes that had mini figures of the pokemon that Kia and Salasa used in the battle. He wanted to get them something to show them that he was glad that they were his friends.

Frost smiled at the ice type as he circled her. She was glad this pokemon was friendly comepared to most.

“Yeah, but...I just thought it would be something more...interesting.” Salasa’s mother stepped back as she watched events unfold...a rowdy Scorbunny hopping around, Kia falling into Salasa, causing him to bang his head on the ground as well. His new Heal Ball flew into the air, and when it landed, it opened up. When Salasa opened his eyes, two orange ones were staring down at him. It was an Alcremie, with a Flower Sweet and Minty flavor. Salasa looked around, slowly getting up. “Um..hi there, I’m Salasa...um...does anyone know who’s Alcremie this is?” The Alcremie seemed very nervous, looking around and staying close to Salasa.

Kia stared at the Alcremie. "I think it's yours now." She thought about whether she had seen things clearly. The heal ball had flown into the air and out came an Alcremie. She looked at Salasa. "It must have been your ma's. She gave it to you! Is it Oli... Salasa's?" She turned to Salasa's mother, jaw open.

Salasa’s eyes widened as he looked at his mother, totally shocked. She giggled, and gave Salasa a hug. “Congrats, honey. I knew how much you liked Alcremie, so I got you one. Her name is Sweetheart...take good care of her, ok?” He stuttered, before nodding excitedly. “I will! Thank you mum!” He grinned, going to pick up the Alcremie, who seemed a bit confused...and a bit scared. “Hey Sweetheart...we’re gonna be a good team from now on!” It blinked, and gave a soft smile back.

“Alcremie are always girls. I like the name.” He smiled, gently patting the Alcremie on the head. She mumbled nervously, and went to hide back in the Heal Ball. “Hmm...maybe she doesn’t like the name. Or she’s just shy. Maybe both. Is it ok if I rename her later?” His mother nodded. “Yes, of course. I never was the best at nicknames.”

Cor hopped from Gabblimey's shoulder, and lightly rolled into Alistar's foot, wiggling a bit in anticipation. The little worm popped out slightly to look around more.

"Ya promised me a battle back home, and I expect ya to deliver. I don't wanna 'ave any lily-livered rivals, nor do I want weak ones. After ya win this match with that chump over there, I'm expecting you'll be right back 'ere. And wipe that look off of ya face, no reason to make such a fuss."

Alistar's look turned into a smile, "A battle? You're on." He simply replied, turning back around to finish his battle. He finished off his battle with Corrina and went to shake her hand, "That was a good battle, I hope we can battle again sometime." He said with a smile. (Sorry by the way, we can decide who won when you come back if you want.) Alistar returned Pawniard, after healing her with some potions, and did the same with Oshawott, before turning to Gabblimey. "Alright, I'm ready for our battle now." He said to her, holding the Pokeball he had chosen in his hand.

Cor tucked back in as he got into position, wiggling a bit in place. Gabblimey's puffed her cheeks when he did this, clearly upset.

"Cor! We were going to let our new partner 'ave a go, and ya put yourself right there? Whatever, s'pose it's too late now. Defense Curl, laddie."

Cor tucked into his apple, toughening himself up for battle. Not much he could do, but he could stall for now.

"Tch... you blasted trainers and your Poke Balls... 'iding what you 'ave... Cor, Rollout out of there, ya have no good options 'ere. Awright, Coil, let's see 'ow ya do in your first battle with another lassie! Burn 'em up!"

Cor didn't like the loud Screech from Pawniard, and tried to drift away before being smacked. They began rolling over to Gabblimey's, but not before being clipped by Metal Claw. Coil unwrapped from her wrist, crawled up her hand, and landed on the ground. She took a wheel form formation, and rolled towards Pawniard.

Pawniard took notice of the Sizzlipede rolling toward it, and jumped over it as it rolled by, however she didn't jump high enough and tripped over Coil, crashing to the ground. "Quick Pawniard, get up and use Fury Cutter!" She complied and got up, and then once again charged toward her target to deliver a powerful Fury Cutter.

Coil looked at the Pawniard, then she got smacked by the Fury Cutter. It didn't really hurt, but it was the thought that counted there. She decided to get a little creative, and she crawled onto the Pawniard's body, using Wrap. While doing this, she used Flame Wheel while on their body.

"Well I'll be, never expected you to be that smart, lass. Work 'em through 'till they drop to the floor!"

Pawniard was taking a lot of damage, and fast, so Alistar had to think quickly. He had an idea to break out, it was the same thing he'd done with Oshawott during his battle. "Pawniard, use Screech and then deliver a flurry of Fury Cutters!" Pawniard, obviously in a lot of pain now, shrieked using Screech before attempting to deliver a flurry of blows on Coil.

Coil stuttered backward after each blow, shaking her head once she escaped the combo. She scurried across the ground, used Flame Wheel once more, and spun out underneath the Pawniard.

"Good lass! See? All who come to me become unstoppable! Should just give up while ya know you're gonna fail. It'll make it so ya aren't crying home to ya mum because your rear is red as a Darmanitan's!"

"I'll make you eat those words," Alistar said as he continued to give Pawniard directions. "Pawniard, dodge it!" He commanded, the Pokemon jumped to dodge Coil's underneath attack, but was too slow and was struck by the powerful blow, launching her back towards Alistar. She was almost out of it, and struggled to get up. "Quick, let's finish this with Metal Claw!" Alistar said, and once again his now severely weakened Pawniard charged at Coil to deliver a powerful swipe.

Salasa tilted his head at Jake, a bit confused. "Why's it complicated? Either you're in the challenge, or you're not. I think it's pretty simple." He grinned, admiring the Heal Ball with a new passion. "Gosh...where'd you get her, mum?" His mother giggled. "Well, out in the Wild Area. I wanted to relive the glory days of my journey...then I ran into that little cutie. I thought you would like her."

Coil flew back a bit when they were hit, landing on their back. They turned over, then crawled back to the Pawniard. She noticed how hurt her opponent was, so she didn't make a move, just looked at them. She hissed lightly, motioning them to go back to their trainer. Seemed like she didn't want to knock them out.

"Hmm... merciful are we, Coil? Very well, I'll allow it... only because you've shown them their place."

Pawniard was offended at being shown mercy, and refused to accept it, instantly moving in for another attack. This time it was another flurry of Fury Cutters. "No way, we're not giving up and we're gonna fight until the bitter end." Alistar said, refusing to accept her proposal at a forfeit as Pawniard drew closer and closer towards her target.