• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Michael made his way into Motostoke. He had encountered a handful of wild Pokemon, necessitating a trip to the Pokemon Center. The whole time, he was ready for trouble. If one thief lived here, there could be more. He made his way straight to the stadium, ready for trouble en route.

Michael checked in at the stadium and went to the locker room. He changed into his grey gym challenge uniform and sat patiently with the other challengers. There were at least a hundred challengers. Some were giddy, some nervous, a few, like Michael, were sanguine. He took a deep breath, and said a short prayer to Arceus as the myriad challengers from near and far awaited the ceremony that would knight them into the Galar league.

I

IciclePyx

"Thanks, sorry for making you worry but i'm sure Fang won't eat your Applin um... Forgive me i'm Cosmo" Cosmo replied petting Ponyta he was still looking at the others pokemon to avoid direct eye contact. He checked his dex again on Salasa's Funky, "Grookey so that's the galarian grass type starter, seems more energetic then Chikorita. Just Yamper and Flint or know can't wait to add to the team" he replied trying to wring out his hoodie a bit thankfully he invested in waterproof hearing aids.

Gabblimey quickly checked outside the alleyway to see if she was followed. Once she had this confirmation, she whistled for the rest of the crew's attention.

"Awright, the time has come, my fellow lads and lassies. The time has come for me to march me way in there, put on that uniform, and kick all the sorry arses that get in our way! I assure ye all, I won't let ye down, and I cannuh wait to become the best bloody Champion Galar has ever seen! 'Ip 'ip!"

The crew cheered once more as she dashed from the alleyway, and into the stadium. She went to the counter to get all checked in, and proceeded to get into uniform. It was a darker green, with the number of 808 plastered on her back and leg. She stretched in the lobby, cracking her neck a bit. Cor and Mark followed her in after a little while, and a visit to the Center. She smiled, petting the both of them.

"There ya two are, was afraid ye weren't gunna be ready for this. Your all signed up and ready to beat all these wankahs down. Cannuh wait to show these people who's boss, aye?"

They cried with happiness in their voices, Cor leaping on her shoulder and Mark hanging off her back. She was completely ready for anything, anyone, anytime.

Sophie went out on to route 1. This was it, her journey starts here. She let out Jelly, her Sobble. “Now let’s find some new members for our team.” They searched though the tall grass until they found a small little Rookidee flying around. “Heh,” she muttered, “easy.” Sophie and Jelly crept up be hide it... “Jelly! Use water gun!” Jelly drenched the Rookidee and it fell to the ground. Sophie chucked her Pokeball at it. It rolled three times and... CLICK! She had caught her first Pokemon. “Yay! Jelly, we did it!” She ran towards the Pokeball and picked it up. Sophie let out the Pokemon. The Rookidee tweeted and flew around happily. Then, he flew towards a berry tree and started attempting to rip a berry off the tree. “Hmm, you like berries don’t you?” She laughed, “Looks like I’ll call you Berry then.” Berry tweeted happily, liking her new name.

Gabblimey scratched Mark's head while he hung there, and he was pleased by this. He detached momentarily to explore the lobby, he was curious to see his competition. Nothing really struck him as odd, except that the guy they stole from was most definitely here. He shrugged, knowing that he couldn't do much of anything to Gabblimey, and returned. At the moment, though, Gabblimey was thinking of what Pokemon she could recruit to the squad. Nothing came to mind, but she was sure that something would come along to make things easier. Of course, she was already well on her way to being better than all the other challengers, and in her mind, she probably was.

Corrina exited the lab hastily. She was normally much more calm, cool, and collected, but today was important! And the Professor had insisted about having idle chat! As much as she wanted to pick Professor Sonia's brain (and her grandmother's, for that matter) for every bit of knowledge she had, Corrina was a Galar native; she had already researched the horrid events of the last year at length. She didn't need a brand new professor explaining it when she had an elsewhere to be! "To think, all of that and all I needed was a pokedex and pokeballs..." she muttered as she waited just outside the lab.

Her Cufant was still inside, saying goodbye to the professor's Yamper. The two had became fast friends, or at least fast playmates. Their little game of chase had the floor of the lab shaking as the steel elephant calf ran to and fro. At present, the lively little girl was giving Yamper a friendly headpat with her shovel-like trunk. "Come along, you. We need to be on that train!" Corrina was actually growing to like the energetic steel type's antics; just now was not the time. The sooner she made it to Motostoke to register, the better. They could explore and play to her pokemon couldn't energize any longer if the hapoy little one wanted. All she asked was that they get a move on! If she missed her chance to register, she'd never forgive herself or whoever held her up.

Alistar stood up from the bench he was standing at, having watched the battle for long enough. "Time to head back to Motostoke!" He said to himself cheerfully, and excitedly made his way back to the train station. He bought himself another ticket, then he boarded the first train to Motostoke. He couldn't wait to register and finally participate in a Gym Challenge, like he had dreamed of doing in Unova.

Cufant picked up on her trainer's anxiety the more she stopped to linger at the sights along the road. With a soft "Cuff" of apology, she placed the tip of her trunk in her trainer's hand, ready to be led to their train. "Thank you," her trainer mumbled quietly, her frustration seeping through.

Cufant couldn't help but sulk a bit. She was excited to see everything she could in these new places! But she had been dallying a bit much... Seeing her partner's new gloom, Corrina rubbed her finger over the pokemon's trunk. "How about a compromise? We can explore the train to your heart's desire if you focus on us heading straight to the stadium once we reach Motostoke." The little pokemon was all to happy with this and charged forward to the train station, leaving her trainer to catch up.

Corrina payed for the ticket and boarded the train; not the easiest thing to do when your pokemon is big and heavy enough to shake the metal floor she steps (more lile stomps) on. But a promise was a promise, so now it was time to explore! She followed her pokemon dutifully as it investigated the various people around. One trainer in particular caught Cufant's interest. Most of the trainers on here smelt like the usual Skwovets and Nickits but this teenager smelled of pokemon she had never encountered before! Full of curiosity, she raised her trunk to sniff at him; maybe she could tell where he was from?

The Unovan boy looked up from his phone and caught a Cufant sniffing him curiously. "Oh, hey what kind of Pokemon are you? I've never seen one of these before..." He pulled out his Pokedex and identified it as a Cufant. "A Cufant? Must be unique to Galar if I've never seen them before. Hey, do you have a trainer or are you a wild Pokemon?" He asked, he was now curious as to why the Pokemon had come up to him. Alistar then looked around the carriage, trying to spot someone looking for their Pokemon.

"Thinking about it, we should probably get going to Motostoke so we can get registered for the gym challenge. Of course, we have to take the train there." Kia said, noticing the conversation slowly coming to an awkward silence, which she hated. She returned both Uma and Mudd and stood up. She said, "Let's go, then!"

"Well I am almost finished here. I am not joining the gym challenge but that will not stop me from cheering you guys on." Seth smiled as he put up the last of the dishes and stored the ones that he brought with him. Frost was on his shoulder and while Jacks returned to his pokeball. The skitty followed Seth as he made move to follow the girl. Looking down at the pink fluffball, he said. "You know I still need to find a name for you. I will have to think on it."

Corrina had turned around for a mere moment to purchase a snack but upon turning around, she found her pokemon bothering another passenger. "Cufant, you can't just shove your trunk in peoples' space!" she chastised as she pulled the limb away from the strange boy. "It's rude," she explained in her slightly frustrated monotone.

She turned toward the blonde, giving him a once over. He was more than likely another gym challenger. 'He'll be competition. No reason to miss the opportunity to see what he may have for a team. Steel types have few weaknesses but the ones they do have are fairly common. It would behoove me to see just how prevalent those types are so far,' she thought.

"I'm sorry if she bothered you; she's just curious. Are you a gym challenger as well?"

"It's all good, I've never seen one of those Pokemon before. And yes, I am a gym challenger, just moved here from Unova not long ago! My name's Alistar, and this is my partner Pokemon, Oshawott." He said, pointing to a red Pokeball on his belt, he then held out his hand for a handshake. "What's your name by the way, if you wouldn't mind me asking?"

"Oshawott? I've never heard of that pokemon before," she quietly before taking notice of Alistar's outstretched hand. 'Right... manners. Etiquette,' she reminded herself as she hesitantly put her hand in his. This was one part of manners she had always hated; being expected to touch strangers just because you stop being strangers.

With an awkward forced smile, she quickly shook his hand once before dropping it. "My name is Corrina Lockwood. I'm a Galar native from Hammerlocke. But you said you recently moved? Did you get a letter of endorsement? You can't compete without one," she warned. She had heard other regions are much less formal with their gym challenges and while she'd love to get rid of competition early, she figured not tipping him off would just be shameful.

“Huh? Oh...right, we really should get going!” He returned Smith to her Poké ball, making sure he kept up with Kia. “I completely lost track of time...sorry!” He gave a nervous chuckle. Funky clambered onto his head, giving a cheerful chirp.

“Well it’s cool to meet you Corrina,” He said with a smile. “And of course I got my endorsement! Got it right here.” He waved a white envelope in the air for a second, then put it back in his bag. "You said you were a native from Hammerlocke? What's that place like? I've heard it's much like the bigger cities in other regions, like Castelia City and Jubilife City."

"Hmm? Well, it's about average for a large city, I suppose. You have your boutique, salon, battle cafe; you know, the usual," she explained with a shrug. "You can get there by going through the wild area; same for Motostoke, actually. I'll probably train there and look for team members after registering. Although, I've heard the weather can be unpredictable and the pokemon are like playing with fire. One moment you're finding Combee and the next, you're being chased by a Snorlax." She wasn't completely sure why she was talking to him; she normally left after a bare minimum of social interaction. Perhaps, she had grown accustomed to a certain level of social interaction and, without her sisters to fill it, she felt more inclined to talk to strangers? Part of her felt really weirded out by that notion.

"Well, we better leave before we miss the train!" Kia said. She immediately ran for the station. "The thing is, I never checked when the train was due to arrive! So it's up to luck if we get there." She entered the station, barely avoiding a bystander and looked towards the platform.

“Oh gosh, I-I don’t know! Wait up!” Lucas ran after Kia, getting a bit tired. He wasn’t exactly the most athletic person. “Huff...huff...slow down a bit...” he stopped behind Kia once she stopped to catch his breath. “I...I don’t think it’s left yet...well, I mean...it’s a different train.”

Kia checked to make sure it wasn't their train. "Well, you're right. Let's sit down for now." She sat down and looked at Salasa. She said, "After we go to Motostoke, can we go to the Wild Area? The thing is, I'm at a massive disadvantage with Mudd, so I need another pokemon." She looked at the time, "You don't really have the best team for the gym either, so we can go right?"

"Well it depends on the pokemon. Just because a pokemon has a type disadvantage does not mean that they will lose. If they have the right moves and the enough speed to dodge before they get hit, then you should be fine in a battle." Seth said as he took a seat. Frost was in his lap as he rested his right hand on her.

Salasa thought for a second, then nodded, sitting down as well. “That is true...but I’m not really at a disadvantage either...I think I’ll be fine.” He shrugged, looking out of the window. “Speed isn’t the only thing that matters. Good defenses are also important...that’s kind of why I’m interested in Rolycoly. I also really want an Alcremie...I’ve always liked those. Otherwise, I’m not really sure what I want on my team. I’ll
Probably figure it out as I go.”

"I agree with both of you, but why defend or dodge if you can't attack? If you can't attack, you can't win. The best thing is to base your moves on your pokemon's strengths. If you have a Machamp, you need attacking moves that deal strong hits, as Machamp is slow." Kia said. "I think it's important to know what pokemon types and stats you want to get. There is no point in getting six slow fighting types on a team, as they would be destroyed by a fast flying, fairy or psychic type." She said, standing up as she saw their train arrive in the station.

“Gosh...there’s a lot to know with Pokémon. I’ll have to figure all this stuff out at some point.” Salasa mumbled, absentmindedly petting Funky, who had crawled into his arms. “Well, no matter what Pokémon I choose to take on my journey, I’ll have fun with all of them! While becoming champion, of course.” He smiled softly, stepping off the train after Kia.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of the Wild Area before, never been there. Might head over there after registering too," He said, "Anyways, do you have any other Galarian Pokemon with you? I've not met many of them and it would do some good for my Pokedex." Alistar looked at Corrina expectantly, waiting for an answer.

A breeze of crisp, spring air blew across the lakeshore of Route 2. Many trainers have already started their journeys, leaving Wedgehurst with endorsements in hand from Professor Sonia. Some trainers had decided to camp out at the Route, while most of the others immediately embarked on a train towards Motostoke.
A pair of scarlet red eyes glanced towards the direction of the wind. The small tuft of ghostly ectoplasm on the little spectre's head wavered in the wind, absentmindedly photosynthesizing with what little leaves it had on its woody horns, observing the lakeside. Pretty much nothing caught the phantom's interest at the moment- it was blatant in the expression its wooden complexion offered towards the wilderness as it silently followed his trainer, mirroring his apathy.

The dual-type had to admit though, it was a good day. Route 2 was a rather tame area- it was an ideal settlement for the locales, with it having a fresh source of food from the lake, which had densely populated waters that housed docile inhabitants- except for the occasional Arrokuda and Chewtle. The Pokèmon in the grass have been frightened by the pair's demeanor, even Chewtles, notorious for their peckish and arrogant display of territorial disputes, actually find themselves scampering away in fear- despite one of the perpetrators of the induced fright wearing a rather dumb-looking, albeit fluffy hat.

Well, it being a hat was actually far from the truth. A Swablu; not native to the region, despite it being a seemingly fitting species that could've and should've been capable enough to inhabit this region with their migratorial compatibility, was nestled within the confines of the curly mop of ruffled hair of its trainer in a tranquil state, serenely shutting its eyelids as it hummed a melodious tune.

Nevertheless, Harke R. Nacres wasn't particularly displeased nor elated by the extra weight his Swablu, Chanson, had promptly and comfortably (for both parties involved) placed herself on. His Phantump, Aarne, held the same disposition as his trainer, blankly staring forward as they continued down the dirt path.

They had already visited Professor Magnolia's humble abode near the lakeside, in order to validate and renew Harke's old endorsement. Aarne vaguely remembers the lady- She was already a considerably frail senior when both he, someone else, and his trainer had met her in a town filled with glowing fungi, however, he couldn't recall the details their meeting held.

Harke had explained and shown to him and Chanson about the phenomenon of Dynamaxing while they were in the middle of their journey in Kalos- which in turn bewildered the ghostly stump and made the pillowy winged avian starry-eyed. Aarne wasn't sure what made his trainer suddenly decide and ask them if it were okay for them to transfer his gym challenge with them to Galar, however, he wasn't infuriated at the loss of progress. The abruptness of the suggestion caught the spectre off guard- and it worried him so. Chanson remained passive about how unanticipated it was as well- however she didn't want to press her own trainer for details, her soul prevailing to be far too gentle and kind to pry for more information. Besides, she was a bird, and human problems tend to be quite complicated- it honestly might cause her brain to convulse in pain in an attempt to comprehend and empathize.

The Phantump's gaze shifted towards his trainer, as he drifted off to his side. The adolescent was incredibly adept at masking emotions (and so was Aarne, a trait he had gained from being with him for so long), but nonetheless, it was futile to feign a stoic facade to the ghost,
considering their rather lengthy history together. Curiosity had tugged at the edge of his mind wherever they went- it kept growing on him like some sort of tumor as they went from place to place.

...Yet, out of respect, Aarne conformed to remaining quiet about whatever unsettled his trainer inside. He had once been human. Perhaps whatever it was would eventually pass.

Their destination was Motostoke Stadium to register and apply Harke in Galar's gym challenge. For them to accomplish that, however, they first needed to return to Wedgehurst in order to take the train to Motostoke.

...Aarne would admit that the system was quite grandiloquent, although it was to be expected from a region with a phenomenon that gigantifies Pokèmon to absurd sizes. Kalos didn't have this sort of formalities present in the application for its trainers, endorsements and all, and that's a big compliment(?) coming from one native to the region- considering that Kalos itself could be interpreted as the literal embodiment of regal flamboyance at its finest. Harke had partially agreed to this before, as he had exhibited slight boredom at the mere spectacle of the endorsement letter. It would be safe to
assume that both of them aren't too fond of paperwork and oratory wordplay.

...Ah, there he was once again- lost in his thoughts. The ghost's crimson eyes refocused on his blurry surroundings, recognizing streets and buildings surrounding them, as crowds of people with their Pokèmon interact with one another. Chanson had stopped humming a long time ago and had her beady, small eyes peeked out from her cloudy wings as she too, observed the friendly socialization that was out and about from Harke's head. His trainer had sustained his poker face as he took minor glances on to his phone, following the directions instructed by it towards the train station. Aarne had noticed that he already had purchased a ticket, as said sheet of paper was firmly grasped in his trainer's palm.

Aarne decided that he should really resign from spacing out every now and again. It probably was how he got himself killed in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No, I'm afraid not. Cufant is my only pokemon and I could barely afford her," Corrina begrudgingly admitted. Cufant was sniffing at his pokeballs. Why did he keep his pokemon locked away instead of letting them out to play?

"As long as we're filling each other's pokedex's, can I see your pokemon?" she asked kindly. She didn't actually care about the pokedex itself but it would give her information that would be useful in crushing her opponents.

"Oh, my Pokemon? Sure, oh and about the money thing, if you need some you can just ask. My parents gave me plenty to start me off." He said, making a note of her financial problem in his mind. He first revealed an Oshawott, who came out ready for battle, before realizing there was none, and then returned to a normal posture at his trainers side. Next up was a Sandile, who went to excitedly play with Corrina's Cufant after being released. Finally, he revealed a Pawniard, who scowled at the two trainers and went and sat on it's own. "Sorry about her, I caught her maybe ten minutes ago? She's yet to warm up to me."

"That is the best part about going on a journey. It is seeing the new places and the friends I can make along the way. Come on let's get our tickets and get on the train." Seth got his ticket before boarding he waited for the othet two as he did not want to sit alone. He had his guitar case in hand while carring Frost with the other.

Kia got her ticket. "Salasa, hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to become champion. Sure, you might beat the last gym, but I'm going to win the battle with you. That is, if you get that far." Kia said, glaring at Salasa as she waited with Seth. She said the last part with a smirk.

Her eyes hardened at his offer. "Thanks but I don't need charity," she replied, irritation leaking into her tone. "It may not be the most kindly looked-upon practice, but I can always bet money on pokemon battles," she assured him.

Her eyes were only for his pokemon after that; well, not the Pawniard. She was familiar with Pawniard's. But she was utterly fascinated with his other two. "Initial analysis says most likely a water type and a ground type..." She muttered to herself. Cufant was happy to have a playmate. She trumpeted and happily stamped her feet. "Fant! Cu fa cu!" she exclaimed with a trumpet before offering the end of her trunk for her new friend to climb on.

Salasa followed suit, getting his ticket. He bristled a little at the comment, but puffed out his chest with a big grin on his face. "I will! Me, Smith, and Funky are all gonna beat the gym challenge, and we're gonna beat you!" He paused for a second, then settled down. "Well...even if I don't beat you, you promise that we'll face each other at the Champion Cup Semifinals?"

"You can bet on it! That is, we might have to battle before then." She boarded the train and got her ticket checked. "So, do we have to go to the stadium to get submitted? I'm not really sure. I did hear that when you get registered you get a uniform with your name and number on it, and you even get a league card." She turned around and took a seat.

"Yeah, but I especially wanna face you then. That'd make it feel even more special." He followed Kia, nodding. "Yeah. My mom told me everything I'd need to do. First you go to the stadium to get submitted, and you choose your number. You get it a little later. And you have to make the League Card yourself. The Rotimi at Pokemon Centers can help you." Salasa sat down across from Kia.

"Yeah, that makes much more sense. When we get there, I might go to the clothes shop. I feel like getting something else to wear." Mudd burst from her pokeball and jumped on Kia's lap. Kia rolled her eyes and tried to return Mudd but Mudd dodged the stream of energy. She tried again but the same thing happened. She did it over and over, getting more frustrated each time. Eventually, she burst and shouted at Mudd, "Just get in!" Mudd shook her head. Kia sighed and rolled her eyes again, before offering a hand up to her shoulder. Mudd obliged and jumped up. "Sorry about that, it's just Mudd is just really annoying." She said to Salasa.

Salasa watched Mudd bother Kia, giggling a bit. Funky also seemed interested, gently bonking Salasa's head with a gleeful chirp. It looked like fun, so he decided that staying still wasn't worth it. Funky decided to explore the area they were sitting. "It's ok! I think Mudd just wants to spend more time with you. I think he's having fun." He glanced out the window, stretching. "I really like having my Pokemon out and about. It lets them know what's going on."

"It's not like I don't like them being out, it's just that when Mudd is out Uma always comes out after a while, and when Uma is out all hell breaks loose. His idea of fun is stomping around and I tend to get hurt when that happens. That's why I always return Mudd after a while" As she was speaking, Mudd hopped off Kia's shoulder and chased Funky, trying to play with him. "Have you ever seen a shiny before?" Kia asked, trying to take her mind off the fact that Mudd was leaping at Funky.

"Huh...I can see that. Don't worry, I'm sure Uma will learn at some point. I'm still trying to stop Funky from smacking people and Pokemon with his stick...he likes to bang it against stuff when he's having fun, and unfortunately, he thinks it's fine to do it to things other than the ground." He shrugged. Funky happily ran off, but still made sure to stick close to where the two were sitting. "A Shiny? Yeah, actually! My Mom's rival was a girl from Unova, and she had a Shiny Litwick! It's a Chandelure now, but it was still cool to see it when she came to visit! Even if it liked scaring me..."

Sandile happily climbed onto the Cufant's trunk, and then onto it's back. "Hey, maybe we could have a battle in the Wild Area once we get to Motostoke and register. A good way to train is to battle others," he suggested. "Obviously it would have to be a one on one, but that's fine."

"Well, it would do me some good to see how your pokemon work in battle. I accept the challenge so long as I have the chance to catch something else first; you have a large advantage over me, after all," she bargained. Cufant was happily marching nearby, pretending to be a parade float with Sandile proudly standing on top.