• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

“Of course you can catch something else, that’d be better for both of us, I really prefer the longer battles,” he said. Now Sandile was trying to make use of Sand Tomb to lift the pair into the air, though he didn’t get very far due to Cufant’s noticeable size difference.

"If I you caught a shiny I would be so jealous." Kia said picking up Mudd as they arrived at the station. She got off and walked out of the station. "So, we go to the stadium now." She walked to the stadium as quickly as she could. She though- I don't want to look too excited. On the other hand, I do want to get there before Salasa, so that I don't have to wait for him to get his... manners, though. As they arrived at the stadium Kia held the door open for Salasa. She asked Seth, "So you don't have to get submitted, right?"

"That would be super cool! But it probably won't happen. I'll keep an eye out, though!" He grinned, following you. "Yup yup! Off we go!" He returned Funky, having to make a little jog to keep up. "Wow...I've never been here before. It's so cool! Oh...thank you!" He smiled at Kia when she opened up the door, and stood by her side while looking around.

She gave Alistar a small smile. "Good. Not that it changes much; I've known for weeks what my next pokemon will be and where exactly to find it in the Wild Area," she told him, her voice starting to contain excitement. The day she ordered Cufant from a breeder, she started researching pokemon that would help cover her weaknesses. Steel types may be strong but they had their weak points, just as all pokemon did. As for Cufant, her main weaknesses were ground, fire, and fighting types. She couldn't help but smile joyfully as she remembered discovering that there was a pokemon close to Motostoke that rendered two of those types useless.

"I'm not sure if they have this pokemon in Unova. It's a ghost type called Drifloon," she told him as she stifled a giggle at their pokemon. Cufant, in her brief panic over being raised slightly off the ground, accidentally threw Sandile from her back. The large calf whipped around, catching the little crocodile at the cost of flopping on her side and shaking the whole car. "Careful, you two!"

"Oh yeah I've heard of Drifloon before, you can find them in some places in Unova, but mostly just when they're migrating," he said, "If there were one Pokemon I had to catch it would be Noibat, they're one of my favourite Dragon types, luckily I know they're somewhere in the Wild Area here so I plan to catch one after our battle."

Feeling the shake of the car as the two Pokemon fell to the ground, Alistar ran over to the Pokemon and checked up on them. "Are you two alright?" He asked, his Sandile nodded. "Maybe that's enough for now, Sandile, come over here until we get to the station," he said, gesturing to his side. Sandile made his way over to his trainer and sat next to Oshawott.

Cufant went over to Corrina, looking sheepish. She hadn't meant to rock the whole car. However, Corrina didn't seem concerned with her antics for once. Her trainer had moved to a window when Alistar went to retrieve his Sandile and was now gazing out with a small smile. "Take a look," she almost whispered to her partner, moving over so that the large calf had room. It took a moment but Cufant finally got her front feet propped against the wall, letting her peek out.

The yellow and blue pokemon was greeted to the sight of rolling fields and small copses of trees. Seeing a flock of Pidove was flying by the train, the steel type let loose a loud trump. A few of the birds chirped by as they flew. She knew that wild members of her kind lived down there somewhere and she couldn't help but be enchanted by the view. However, her trainer had only eyes for one thing: the abandoned watchtower.

Corrina was shocked at the level of excitement she was feeling; there wasn't much that disturbed the dull monotony she typically experienced for emotions. And she knew more was still to come; after all, the tunnel that would come out in Motostoke was just ahead. As the view outside the windows, she herded her pokemon to the nearest doors. Their first steps in the challenge were about to be underway and she refused to miss a second!

Alistar had begun gazing out of the window at the Wild Area, and almost didn't notice the train stopping at the station. He got up quickly with his Pokemon and took his first steps back into Motostoke, then quickly made his way to the stadium. "We're finally here Oshawott! We're finally challenging a Pokemon League!" He said excitedly, he couldn't wait to begin and Oshawott seemingly couldn't either.

Alistar ran up to the front desk to enter the challenge and handed his letter of recommendation to the person at the desk, and chose the number 777, his lucky number. After choosing his number, he thanked the desk lady and ran off again with a smile on his face.

Last edited:
Thankfully, the stadium was close enough to the train station. While normally taking pride in her calm and collected attitude, she let go of that for once and ran through the streets. Thankfully, there was more than one person working the counter at the stadium.

When her turn came, she turned her letter in as quickly as possible and tenderly chose the number 104. She had originally intended on just letting them assign any available number to her but 104 had been suggested by one of her sisters. True, Cassie had suggested it as a slightly stupid joke, but once the older teen heard the logic behind it, she couldn't not use the number.

After registering, Alistar sent out his other two Pokemon, telling them the news, then waited around for Corrina in the stadium, and once she was done registering he went up to her and said, a smile still on his face from his excitement, "You ready for our battle? I'll meet you in the wild area."

Gabblimey glanced over at the new challengers, and attempted to size them up. If all her competition could focus on battling each other, she would never show them how much better she was. This was a problem, and a solution needed to surface quick-like. She stood up, walked up behind Alistar, and donkey-punched him square in the back.

"Oi, trying to get some training in, eh? Ya thinkin' of leavin' me outta this grand affair? If ya know what's good for ya, expect me to be there as well, laddie. Cannuh let any of ya get ahead of me."

She walked back to her spot, she didn't want to be seen with a bunch of chumps. After she beat them down, they'd have no choice but to pledge their allegiance to her.

Alistar turned to the girl, startled by the punch but otherwise unaffected. He glared at her and listened to what she had to say, before replying simply with; "If you wanna battle too, you'll get one!" He turned back to Corrina, his demeanor having changed to that of a person who's slightly ticked off.

"Sure thing, after I've caught my Drifloon," she reminded him before racing for the Wild Area. Cufant cried in alarm as she saw him being accosted by a strange girl but Corrina wasn't concerned. He wasn't her responsibility and at his age, he should be able to fend for himself.

Soon enough, the wild area stretched before her. It was certainly bigger than the pictures had led her to believe... Still, she could see the watchtower from here and the unmistakable forms of Drifloons floating around it. "Let's go, Cufant!" she said, setting out for her first catch.

Salasa quickly noticed Gabblimey knocking Alistar upside the head, and he growled a little. "That's really not nice...why hit someone, much less a fellow challenger..? HEY!" He approached Gabblimey, a frown on his face as he crossed his arms. "Hey, you! Don't hit people, that's not cool! Why would you do that?"

Gabblimey turned her head to the new annoyance in Salasa. Did they really think that she would hurt them like that without a reason? She turned her body to Salasa with an expression of mild anger on her face.

"Now ya listen 'ere, lassie, unless you're also looking for a skirmish, I'd suggest ye back off. Ya got no context of the situation, and have no right to. I've got no time for third-rate trainers with fourth-rate teams. Scurry off before ya get hurt, now. I've got meself some chaff to separate from the wheat."

She turned away from Salasa, making the hand motion for her to buzz off. Mark let a out a cry before glaring at Salasa.

Salasa's expression quickly angered, causing him to shake and curl his hands into fists. "Third Rate...lassie...I'll..." He gripped Smith's Nest Ball, before realizing something. He had lost to Kia earlier, so who was to say he wouldn't lose again? He hesitated, and sighed, putting his Nest Ball back. "W-Well...next time we meet, if I catch you doing something like that again, I...I'll beat you in a battle! Ok?" He started walking back to Kia, before turning back with a sour expression. "And I'm a guy...not a girl...do I really look like one?" He mumbled, pretty bothered as he returned to Kia and Seth's side, practically fuming.

"Funny joke, and if ya keep actin' like ya are now, you deserve the title of lassie. Now bugger off, I have more important things to deal with than an out-of-line wankah like you. Cor, next time that punk comes this way, spare no time for a chin-wag. Show them an Applin with a future."

Cor wiggled a bit on her shoulder, and earned a couple pets for doing so. Gabblimey smirked, and walked past Salasa, flipping her hair as she passed him. She decided to get that bit of training in before getting started, so she simply tripped Kia as she walked out. That would get his attention alright.

Kia watched the argument. She decided she wouldn't get say anything, unless if the argument got her involved. She got tripped by Gabblimey, and her face changed quickly. "You know what?" She grabbed Gabblimey by the shoulder. "If Salasa won't battle you I will." She at Salasa, "Unless he changes his mind." She looked back. "And don't mock my mates." Returning to Salasa and Seth she whispered. "I can help you battle if you want."

Salasa was getting royally ticked, and took out his Nest Ball. "I'd be happy too. I'll show you why you don't mess with my friends!" He paused, then glanced up at Kia, shaking his head. "No...this is something I need to do on my own...besides, I've been looking at a type matchup chart, so I think I have things down. Thanks though." He smiled, before looking back at Gabblimey. "I'll take you on."

"Perfect, thought I would be dealing with a load of sissies. Now hurry on, I'll be more than 'appy to show you how we do in Motostoke. Don't expect victory will come easy, especially to greenhorns like you. And let your little girlie friend come along, the more the merrier. Also..."

Gabblimey slapped Kia in the face for grabbing her shoulder. She then walked outside and waited for her opponents. She would show them who's boss here, and the soon-to-be boss of the region.

"Hey, don't hit people! That's not cool! Why I..." He growled, quickly following Gabblimey outside, and pulling out a Nest Ball. "I'll show you...go, Smith!" He threw the ball, his own Applin popping out. It took one look at Gabblimey, and promptly hid in its apple. "Not now Smith, this is a battle we need to win! Let's show her how it's done!" Smith poked his eyes back at Salasa, before fully coming back out, ready for battle.

"Wow, not only do ya think you're better, you're a copycat as well? Alright, Cor, show this lassie what-for! Defense Curl!"

Cor hopped down from Gabblimey's shoulder, and wiggled in place a bit before fully poking out his eyes. They used Defense Curl upon getting vision back knowing the drill. As an Applin, they couldn't learn many moves at all, so they stuck to what they knew.

"People can have the same Pokemon, you're not the only one that can have an Applin!" Salasa growled. He knew that Applin didn't have many moves, so he was sure that he knew what this thing could do. "Alright...Smith, use Astonish!" The Applin paused, then made a sudden, damaging shout.

Just before leaving, Alistar spotted the battle that was now ensuing between two other Gym Challengers, one of them being the one who punched him just a few moments ago. So instead of leaving right then and there, he decided to stay and watch, even if only for a reason as petty as to watch the girl lose.

"What in...Smith, watch out!" Too late, as Smith wasn't exactly prepared to dodge the attack, as he got knocked back. "Hmm...Rollout...I don't have that move, but...I can still use it to my advantage...Smith, roll away and retaliate with a Sucker Punch!" Smith hid in its apple, dodging the next Rollout, as they go on until it misses, and launched himself at Cor in a Sucker Punch.

The Sucker Punch hit Cor. Hard. After bouncing back a bit, he continued to roll quickly towards Smith.

"Hmph, at least you have a bit of good taste in moves, but I'm afraid to say that it isn't enough. See, when Defense Curl is used before Rollout, not only does defense raise as normal, but Rollout doubles in power. Night night, little lassie."

"Grr...well, that's good to know..." He paused, thinking for a second. "Hmm..well then...Smith, use Withdraw! Might as well prepare for that next move..." Smith hid in its apple, raising its defenses. "Now, roll!" It started rolling around to attempt dodging any incoming attacks. "I gotta think...with that combo, it's definitely stronger...but..." His eyes widened a bit. "Right...right!"

Getting to the watchtower hadn't been difficult at all. Finding a Drifloon close enough to the ground to catch? That was another matter. The majority of them seemed like they couldn't be less concerned with the happenings of ground-bound trainers.

The way Corrina saw it, she had two options. Option one, climb the ruined tower-which lacked any form of stairs to do so- to catch one herself. This posed several challenges. The primary one being the fact that Cufant would most likely be unable to follow her up. Which meant she'd need to battle and catch a ghost-type with her bare hands... She wasn't entirely certain that was even possible. Even if it was, there was the questionable morality (which she didn't really care about) and the fact that, if she caught one using such methods, it would likely hate her and refuse to obey her (which she really did care about!). So not only was this a possibly impossible course of action, it was also highly irrational.

She turned away from the tower to search the nearby grasses. Option two: search the grasses for a low-altitude Drifloon or train Cufant until one descends from the tower. Either way, she benefited.

While she didn't find any Drifloons, she did stumble upon several Pidoves. Most flew away before she could have Cufant battle them, but two were brave enough to battle. Those two were also easily dealt with by Cufant's rollout attack. The first Pidove in particular had been particularly challenging; it was Cufant's first actual fight and while she was doing significant damage to her opponent, the Pidove was simply more knowledge about how to deal with attackers. With the help of a couple potions, she pulled through and was able to use that knowledge to have a much easier time against the second Pidove, despite it being just as strong as the last one.

To Corrina, it was astonishing how much easier it was for Cufant to focus now. Her starter seemed more confident and powerful, despite it just being two battles. She couldn't help but feel a glimmer of pride; her pokemon was growing and learning. She, as her trainer, had brought that out. It was a good feeling.

She was taking a short rest at the base of the tower as Cufant reveled in a new attack she had learned. The ever effective technique of efficiently utilizing her body weight to smash rocks and boulders: rock smash. That's what she saw something: a Drifloon, much lower to the ground than others, twirling about extremely quickly. The result was a gust of wind that battered her Cufant.

"Cu!" she cried out as she dug her heels in. The gusts didn't do much damage but the intent was clear. Someone wanted to pick a fight! Corrina went to stand behind her now growling pokemon. "If you truly wish to battle us, get on a level where the fight is fair instead of hovering above us like a coward," she challenged it.

The ghost-type seemed incensed by her words and rushed forward, slapping Cufant with an astonish before quickly drifting away. With excitement, Cufant reared back to perform a rock smash. "No! Cufant, I know you want to use your new move, but trust me, rollout is our best move here," she ordered. Cufant huffed and stamped her feet a bit before going into the commanded move. Having heard the order, Drifloon, tried to dodge but one of her heart tassels got caught, pulling the whole pokemon down to be run over by the attack.

It was back up in no time, going for another astonish and thus leaving itself open for another rollout. Rather than repeat the cycle, the wild pokemkn flew upwards to perform a gust attack. "Hold your ground!" Corrina ordered. Cufant came out of the roll and dug her feet end. Corrina quickly snuck around behind the attacking pokemon and, while it was distracted, hurled a pokeball. It landed squarely on the Drifloon's head.

The pokeball makes a small thud as it hits the ground. The trainer and her pokemon approached it slowly as it jiggled the first time. They watched over it in apprehension as it jiggled again. Their eyes sparkled with hopeful expectation at the third. When the pokeball gave off that signature odd metallic sound that somewhat sounded like a 'ping', they both let out a breath the hadn't realized they were holding. "My first catch..." Corrina muttered to herself. Glancing at her Cufant, who was marching in place as some sort of victory dance, she decided some congratulations was in order. She went over and placed a gentle hand on the pokemon's head. "You're doing so well; just I knew you would," she told her with a gentle smile. When Cufant returned her gesture with a heartfelt and slightly tearful look of joy, Corrina drew her hand back with a blush. That was not the reaction she was expecting. "Yes... well, come along," she instructed as she scooped up Drifloon's pokeball. "I'll make us all some curry," she promised, much to her hungry pokemon's delight.

Cor took the yelling as an indication of what the trainer was wanting Smith to do. He skidded past Smith to strike him on Gabblimey's left, Salasa's right.

"Blimey, never 'ave I ever battled someone who thought screaming their plan of escape was a good idea. Guess there's always time for firsts. Just give up, ya can't win here."

Salasa flushed, getting more upset at the snide remarks. He realized what she had meant...and what Smith heard. "N-No, I didn't mean..I had only realized something!" He growled, glancing back at Smith, going to give a command...before realizing Smith had fainted from the blow. "Oh no...Smith...I'm sorry..." He sighed, returning Smith. "Give up..? I don't just give up, 'lassie'! Go, Funky! Show this punk who's boss!" He sent out his Grookey, who hit the floor with his stick ready for action. "You know what's up! Hit 'em with your Taunt!" Funky made a rude expression towards Cor, happily teasing it.

"You can do this Salasa!" She laughed. However, seeing Applin faint because of a misunderstanding made her pretty upset. "Well, at least you tried. Maybe Funky can do this. I hope you can." She started to whisper, "Why did you say right?" She tried not to take Salasa's focus off the battle.

He glanced back at Kia, smiling softly at the cheering. "Well...I realized that combo she's using...I can stop it with Taunt, so that Rollout won't get a power boost!" He glanced back at Gabblimey, crossing his arms. "See? You can make combos all you want, but I can disrupt them just as easily!"

Gabblimey looked down at this revelation Salasa made, but slowly rose up and began chuckling. That chuckling evolved into flat out laughter.

"Ya really DON'T know what you're doing! Head back to school if you think that's how Taunt, an incredibly basic move works. All it does is stop me from using moves that don't involve direct damage! Keyword is DON'T, lassie! Yer DONE!"

Cor did get hit by Taunt, but unfortunately for Funky, no dice on that. Luckily, Cor missed, slamming into a nearby fence. His head spun as he laid immobile from dizziness. Gabblimey rushed over as she checked on him, slightly concerned. He was fine, just a little woozy, so she backed off.

"Yeah, but take a look at your Applin! Rollout gets less and less accurate, because the Pokemon gets dizzy!" Funky wasn't really paying attention, snapping back to when Cor whizzed by him, glancing back at it. Salasa gasped, walking over, but still keeping his distance. "Is he ok..? Alright, good...um..." he blinked, then nodded. "Alright, Funky, use Scratch!" Funky hopped forward, scratching Cor. "Good job!"

"Alright, that's enough! Cor, get back here, you're done for now! Not chancin' one of ya faintin' again, so go on Mark, show them who's in charge!"

After taking that Scratch, Cor rolled back to Gabblimey. Mark flew off her back, and smacked Funky with a Brutal Swing. He let out a cry of power as he looked at Funky, challenging them.

He grinned...making Gabblimey switch out Pokemon made him feel great. He actually was doing pretty good, better than he assumed he would. Funky gave a yelp as he was knocked back. He quickly hopped back up, smacking his stick against the ground with a cheeky grin. "We won't go down that easy! alright...now, use Branch Poke!" Funky hopped forward, rushing at Mark to give a sharp poke with his stick.

Funky's attack was nullified, and he bounced back. "Hmm...Protect...well, we have the perfect move for that! Use taunt!" Funky grinned, happily insulting Mark to provoke him into attacking, preparing to hop around and be as much as a nuisance as possible.

Gabblimey clicked her tongue as Mark was taunted. That would just make him more inclined to beat her down to the ground. He took the opportunity to smack them with another Brutal Swing.

"I suppose you 'ave more brains than a preschooler after all. Fine, let's finish things up, the question is how long can you hold out?"

"You underestimate my power! My friends and I can beat you any day! Just you wait! Now, retaliate with Branch Poke!" Grookey took the hit like a (Ma)champ, and struck back with a super effective blow with his stick. "You can't hide behind your shield now!"