• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"I guess that works." Kia said. Oh no, now I can't use my tactic. Kia didn't show any concern with the taunt. "Tackle, go!" Mudd raced at Grookey. Mudd knew she had been Taunted but couldn't contain herself. "Well this might work. Continue Tackle, but use Water Gun over and over, we need to wear them out!" Kia said, and Mudd listened. Still running at full speed she used Water Gun over and over. Kia was, on the other hand, using her hand as if she was Salasa. "That's what my Grookey can do." She said in a stupid voice and using hand as a mouth. "So annoying..."

Ryder flexed his palms and fingers, looking at Wyndham with a fire building in him. “All righty then, meet me outside, we’ll battle right outside the lab. They don’t have a battlefield, but we can dig our heels in!”

He turned to Takoda, Trent, and Alex. “You two dudes and the lady watch as I wipe the floor, and let’s get going...” he turned and shot Wyndham a competitive look.

Salasa grinned, knowing he had messed up some plan of her’s. “Alright, use Scratch!” The Grookey, however, didn’t seem to be paying attention. It was still taunting the Mudkip. “U-Um...Funky? Scratch!” Funky finally seemed to realize what was going on, but much too late. It was getting pummeled by Water Guns and Tackles. It responded with a few scratches of its own, but otherwise, couldn’t keep up. Salasa didn’t seem to know Type matchups, since he didn’t once tell Funky to use Branch Poke. “U-Um...use...use another scratch!”

Then, Wyndham left the lab and swung his Honedge around a little in hopes of intimidating the opponent, before he made it let go of his arm and float off towards the makeshift battlefield.
”Let’s do this. And make it quick, Honedge, I’ve got an endorsement to earn.” He said.

He took off his fire type track jacket, which he had bought at the Motostoke stop on the way to Wedgehurst from Wyndon. He was hot-fired for battle, and he needed to be able to move to command and cheer on his Pokémon just as much as they needed to be able to move to battle.

Kia put her hand on her head. "You know, Grookey is a grass type and grass is good against water. So, maybe use a grass type move." She said suggestively, clearly wanting a bit of a challenge. "Ok Mudd, try and wear the Taunt off" Once Mudd stopped running, she shook her head as fast as she could "Now try and use Rain Dance" Mudd spun around on her front paws and then leapt up. It started to rain! "Yes! Now land and send a Water Gun up in the air!" Mudd obliged, landed and sent a Water Gun straight up. "Now for the combo. Water Gun twice, Mud Slap and then Tackle!" Mudd shot a Water Gun, then one at a diagonal angle. She then used Mud Slap in the same direction, then ran ahead of it and Tackled back in the direction she came from. Grookey was launched in the air from the first Water Gun and then launched further forwards from the second. Mud Slap hit a second before Mudd launched Grookey the other way. The Water Gun she sent up came down directly where Grookey was launched, except it was much bigger from the rain and how much time it was up in the air for. "That should do it." A cloud of mist had surrounding the impact so Kia had to wait before she could check.

Salasa blinked, tilting his head. “...a...grass type? Well, erm...o-of course! I was just going easy!” His worried face said it all, however. “N-Now, Funky, use, um...huh? Rain..? Oh, Rain Dance, of course, I...h-huh? Funky!” Too late...Funky was already getting pummeled by the attacks. “Funky! Funky, are you ok?” When the mist cleared, the Grookey was on the ground, face-up. It had fainted. Salasa looked totally disheartened, sinking to his knees. “I...I lost...but...” he mumbled, returning Grookey. “Sorry, I...I didn’t know what to do...battling’s a lot harder than it looks on TV...”

"Well, I haven't battled much, but I've been practising techniques for a while. Books help, too." Kia said, walking over to Salasa and putting a hand on his shoulder. She took her hand off him and thought for a moment. "Actually, I could help you train... but that would ruin my routine. Ok then, I'll help you, but I won't teach you how to battle- that's for you to decide." She returned Mudd to her pokeball.

Alistar set off on his way to the train station once again, still teeming with delight about his latest catch, when something else caught his eye. This time it was a battle about to start between a shiny Eevee and a weird version of Zigzagoon that he'd never seen before. "Watching a real battle might be a good way to learn some new tricks." He said to himself, and so he then walked over to a nearby bench to watch the battle unfold.

He blinked, smiling softly. “You...you mean it? For real? Thanks...” he gave a chuckle, nodding. “Yeah, I really do need my own strategy...it’s just not something I ever considered. Not to mention a Pokémon’s Type...that’s something I never even thought of. So that means...I should probably catch a fire type Pokémon or something before Milo’s gym, huh?” He seemed to have gotten over the loss pretty quickly, since he had a big grin on his face once more.

"Yeah a fire type is a great idea! A couple of other types you can get are Ice, Bug, Poison and Flying. However, most Grass types have a second typing, like Applin. Last battle Milo had, he did have a Grookey, like you, though." Kia recited, clearly having read this somewhere. Next thing she knew, Salasa had a big grin on his face. "See, you already got over it!" Kia laughed, not at Salasa, but at his grin. "So, I decided on a Delibird, because I like them and their type will obviously help. If we get to Rolling Fields and there is a Snowstorm, I might be able to catch one! Anyways, what have you got in mind." Kia noticed how fast she went through that information. She wondered if Salasa could keep up.

He blinked, looking completely lost...though, he seemed to vaguely get what Kia was talking about. “Hmm...I think...have you heard of a Pokémon called Rolycoly? I heard they like to show up in the Galar Mines, but you never know what Pokémon can show up in the Wild area. My mom said she even found a Wailord once! I think...I’ve heard there are even Milotic and other super rare Pokémon. But...I think I’ll know what Pokémon I wanna catch when I run into them.” He smiled, looking around. “Anyways, we should probably go to the Pokémon center so our Pokémon can get healed back up, huh?”

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's go back to Pokemon Centre, then we should go to the Wild Area." Kia walked back to the Pokemon Centre and got her pokemon healed. She sat down at the table and asked Salasa, "You know, the Professor's lab was quite busy... maybe we could find someone else to join us." Her stomach rumbled. "Preferably someone who has got a way of cooking food, 'cuz I'm starving." She got up and looked out of the window, towards the lab. She eyed a couple of other trainers.

Seth had just made friends with the wild skitty. It seemed to want to come with him as he walked back to the pokemon center. He could probably had healed his pokemon himself, but he would rather that nurse joy do it. Walking into the pokemon center, Seth noticed a couple of trainers who seemed to be looking out towards the lab.

Going up to nurse Joy, who was a distant cousin of the breeder's, he handed his two pokemon that stayed in their pokeballs, and then handed over Frost who did not like to be in her pokeball at all. "Please be careful with Frost. She has been abused by her old trainer, and does not trust many people. If you need me I will be over here."

Seth walked over to a table and started to unpack some of the berries that he had. He took out a cutting board and a large chiefs knife, and set to work cooking fresh pokefood for his new friend.

Kia continued looking out of the pokemon centre, until a trainer came in holding an Alolan Vulpix, with a Skitty following behind him. He said something to Nurse Joy before sitting down at a table an started to cook some food. Kia looked at Salasa before getting up and walking over to him. "Hi there, is there any possibility that food is edible to humans? Also, I'm Kia." She said, holding out her hand for a handshake.

"Well I am making some fresh pokefood for my new friend as she had just joined me. If you want I can make something for you as well. I have enough to make some food for the pokemon and for you as well." Seth smiled. He loved to help others when he could. It made him happy that someone came up to him to ask for food.

Kia smiled, "Why don't you come sit with us?" Kia said, before taking her pokemon back from Nurse Joy. Mudd burst out and landed on Kia's head. "This is Mudd, she's my partner." She told her new ally when she returned. "I never got your name did I?" Kia said.

"Oh I am sorry, my name is Seth Cromwell. Sure I could move but the table I have is equiped with the burner I need to make the food. If you want to join me I do not mind." Seth took out a couple of pots from his bag, which seemed to hold more then it looked like it would. After sliding the berries in different pots, he watched as they started to simmer. "If you want I have the ingredients to make a veggie berry soup. You can join me as I was making some for myself as well."

Salasa nodded. Happily following Kia and following suit, giving his Poké Balls to Nurse Joy. “Yeah, that is true...it would be nice to have someone else.” He grinned, before perking up at the sight of the Alolan Vulpix. “Woah...is that a Vulpix? It looks nothing like any Vulpix I’ve ever seen!” He grinned, taking out his Rotom Phone to look at info on the Wild Area. When he saw Kia walk back with Seth, he bristled a little. He went to get his own Pokémon, with Funky jumping out and clambering on Salasa’s head. He followed Kia to the other table, making a small frown at the berries that were cooking. “I’m Salasa...I’m traveling with Kia myself. I don’t really like cooked berries, I prefer ‘em raw...”

"Well Salasa and I picked some berries before, so I guess I could use some." Kia said. "And Salasa can eat them raw. Seth, are you in the gym challenge?" Kia asked, taking out a couple of berries in her bag. Mudd had jumped off Kia and on to Salasa. She then tried to climb up to Funky, but Kia took her off him. Kia gave Mudd a look of disapproval before putting Mudd on the floor. She tapped a pokeball on her bag which belonged to Mudd. That was clearly a warning.

"I also could just make some bread as well I am here I have the ingredients for it. Beside it will take a bit for the berries to a juice to use in pokefood." Seth took a miniute to get out a doough that he had in his bag. It was sealed up tight, and after putting it into a bread pan, he put it into the oven that was in the counter of the table.

Walking over to get his pokemon, Seth heard the question about his Vulpix. "Well if you are wondering if Frost is a vulpix, then you would be correct. She is an Alolan Vulpix I met her when I was in Alola for about a month. I think I could also make some berry sandwhiches as well after the bread is done." Seth set about cutting up more berries. This time they were cut into round slices. "Do not worry I will not cook these, but you do have to try the berry sauce to see if you like it or not." Seth took a spoon full from each of the different berry mixtures, and then added a bit of milk and slowly thickened the mixture until it was ready. Taking a spoon, he offered a bit for them to try. "Here try this. If you like it then you can put a little on the sandwhich. If not then do not worry the berries will taste fine without it." Seth smiled to reassure them about it.

Salasa hesitated, not really noticing the Mudkip that was on him. The sound of a berry sandwich did sound interesting, however. “An...Alolan Vulpix? Oh! Oh, kinda like our own Galarian forms! That’s neat. Is it true that Meowth look different in Alola? I heard they don’t even evolve into Purrserker! They evolve into some Pokémon called Persian. That’s what my dad told me. He likes to travel a lot.” He paused, taking a little sip from the spoon. “Hmm...well, it’s certainly not bad, but...just not my preference.” He smiled a little.

I

IciclePyx

"Pursserker?" Cosmo said; he never heard of that Pokemon before he knew of the simple yet deadly Persian that nearly wiped out his entire team when he was training for the Mt.Battle. They were capable of so many moves especially thunderbolt put that with Bubblebeam, he couldn't recall how he won that. Fang was dancing and poking at Yamper and jumped excited when he smelt something cooking. Quickly his trainer grabbed his tail holding him back from interrupting the others. He didn't expect the next approach with Totodile launching a Hydro Cannon his way knocking him against the wall messing up his look. Yamper was laughing at his new drenched look while Fang tilted his head and put on a wide grin. He adjusted his hipster glasses and let out a loud sigh, he better get all the water cleaned up although using one of his clean shirts wasn't that helpful. Ponyta shook in their pokeball and came out and took a gentle lie down behind Cosmo to warm him up.

Kia took a sip off the spoon and said, "Salasa, are you crazy? This is amazing! I'll have some!" Kia looked at the Vulpix, it really was an Alolan form. Hearing the question from Salasa, even though it was meant for Seth, she quickly pulled a book out of her bag and said, "It states here that in the Alola region, Meowth look different. However, here, in the Galar Region, they also look different." She turned the book to show them a picture of the Kantonian, Alolan and Galarian Meowth respectively.

He stiffened a little, his cheeks going red as he mumbled. “I-It’s just that I don’t really like it, th-that’s all...” he mumbled, before looking at the book. “Wow...Meowth look way different than ours. Both of them aren’t even steel type! And...those two both evolve into a Persian? That’s so cool...does it show what a Persian looks like?”

"Well, of course it does!" Kia said, flipping the page, "Persian is still the evolution of Meowth in Alola, but looks different to the Kantonian one. Perrserker is obviously a completely different evolution, though. There isn't any clear relationship between Persian and Perrserker, other than them both evolving from Meowth." Kia pointed at each of the pictures as she spoke.

"It is ok if he does not like it. It does not bother me at all. When the bread is done we can slice it and I can put together our sandwiches." Seth smiled as he was really enjoying the company that the two brought to the breeder.

"Oh I now remembered I forgot to answer your other question earlier. No I am not really doing the gym challenge, besides Frost here does not like to battle at all. If you are wondering, I am not a trainer at all. I am actually a breeder. I met Frost when I went to visit my grandmother's shop in Alola." The breeder rubbed Frost head as she was on his shoulder. It seemed that the Alolan Vulpix has not warmed up to the two yet, but it was getting there.

Salasa blinked, smiling a bit. “At least the two of us will still be true rivals, right?” He grinned, though he tilted his head at Seth. “Erm...sorry if this is a dumb question, but...Frost seems like an odd name for a Vulpix. It’s a fire type, after all...wait...oh, right, an Alolan Vulpix! If other Meowth are different types, then...is that Vulpix an Ice Type? That’s super cool!”

"Yes that is right. Just like here Galar, pokemon that have different form have different typing. It is brought out because of their environment. Take the Galarian Ponyta for instance, it is a psychic type, while in Kanto and other regions, it is a fire type. Yes Frost is an ice type." Seth smiled at the boy's exuberance. It was kind of refreshing for the breeder to see. "I would love to travel with you two. It would be a lot of fun."

"If Vulpix is different in Alola, does that mean that Ninetales is different?" Kia said opening her book again. "Look, here it says that Alolan Ninetales is an Ice/Fairy type! Now I really want one!" Kia said. Her stomach rumbled again. "Is the sandwich ready yet? I'm starving." She chuckled rubbing her belly.

“Ponyta? A Fire type? That’s wild...ooh! I heard from my dad that one of his friends had a Darmanitan! It was a Fire type...but not the Zen Mode kind! It’s always a Fire type! But then, get this...when it goes to zen mode, it turns into a Psychic Type instead! Gosh, Pokémon can be really weird sometimes...ow!” At the comment, Funky bonked his head with the stick. “Not...Not in a bad way, I mean...”

Seth smiled at the girl's impatience. Taking out the bread from the pan after it cooled, he started to cut it when a large satrated knife. He took a peice from the middle and loaded it with berries and then poured a little of the sauce over it. Then he placed another slice over the top. He then made one without the sauce for the other person.

Seth set to work on the pokefood. It did not take him long to finish after the berries were reduced to a thick concentrate. After finishing with the different pokefoods, Seth put them into jars, and then set about storing them in hus bag. He did take some of the food out for the pokemon that he had and that of his new friends.

He put it into bowels and let his pokemon out of their pokeballs. He had three pokemon, Jacks the Eevee, and Fluff the skitty. "These are my other two pokemon. Jacks and Fluff. Jacks is from Kanto, and I met Fluff before I came to the pokemon center on route one. Go ahead you three enjoy your meals. Also your pokemon have some food in the bowls set out for them."

Kia pulled out her pokeball and Uma the Galarian Ponyta emerged. "This is Uma, I met him when I moved here." She looked at Mudd, who had already started feasting. "Alright, Uma tuck in." She took her sandwich and stuffed as big of a bite as she could take into her mouth. Mudd had already finished. Kia put her face in her spare palm and shook her head.

I

IciclePyx

Cosmo got most of the water cleaned up thankfully he didn't need to bother nurse joy for a mop he viewed the other trainers listening to their conversation feeling like a bit of an eavesdropper he took out his cell again to log the info on these forms, Vulpix is an ice type in Alola, he wanted to go there so bad. His eyes widened when he saw the galarian Ponyta, it got Flint his kantonian Ponyta's attention they were staring at them intently. Cosmo's Ponyta seemed to be interested in it's unique features the fact that it was a psychic type was amazing. So much to log in so little time that just left this alolan and galarian meowth forms in secret. But what about that Zigzagoon they weren't different in Alola right maybe less edgy maybe even a fairy type. His mind was baffled but he mostly came here to study these forms. Cosmo put on a smile petting Flint he gentle nudged them a bit encouraging them to let out a friendly neigh to the others. He started to comfort Yamper noticing they weren't weak it was fire they feared. Fang however was still grinning like an old creepy cartoon but moved over quickly behind Seth. "Fang!" Cosmo said he waved repeatedly for them to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kia noticed that Uma was staring at the trainer with a Kantonian Ponyta. She watched the other Ponyta look back at Uma. The trainer seemed to wave, so Kia looked around to check who it was to. She heard call a Totodile that had crept up behind Seth back. It didn't look like it was going to move. "Seth, watch out!" Kia exclaimed.

Salasa brought out Smith, his Applin. It took one look at Seth and hid, leaving holes where its eyes and tail once were. Salasa placed it into its own bowl of Pokéfood, and it started to eat. It grabbed food with its tail and took it into the apple it resided in. Funky also started eating, but quickly became interested in the Totodile, hopping over to poke it. Before he could, Salasa took notice. “Funky, don’t. Pokémon don’t like being prodded with a stick.”

Seth turned around and knelt to be level with the totodile. He reached behind him and brought out a bowl of food for the pokemon. "Here you go. You don't have to sneak up on me to get food. There is plenty. If your tainer over there wants to eat with us I made enough." Seth had a gentle smile to him as he spoke to the water type. His gentle manner usually put most pokemon at ease.

I

IciclePyx

Fang jumped happily at Seth's smile and chomped at Funky's stick wanting to play but turned its attention back to the food offered and buried its snout in it like the glutton they were. Cosmo got up petting Flint and lured them over to the other Ponyta Uma he put on another meek worried smile feeling like a bother. "Keep your eye on that-" He started and looked up Applin's dex entry to get it right "Applin of yours Fang might try to eat them next.. If you don't mind another mouth to feed can i join you three? Smells good." He finished inhaling slowly at his mouthful of words that sure was a lot in a small minute. The albino couldn't help but snap a picture of Frost and Uma for these unique forms. Flint gave another neigh looking the other pokemon over and stared at Yamper walking over slowly like a coward from the past burn.

Funky gave a small, annoyed shriek, quickly hopping back to Salasa with a grumpy expression. “Erm...yeah, probably a good idea. He does look a little...snappy? I dunno.” He picked up the bowl that held Smith, as it poked its eyes out. At the sight of Cosmo and the new Pokémon, it hid again, and Salasa sighed. “Sorry, she’s a bit shy...”

"Thanks I do not mind if you join us. There is plenty of food to go around. Here let me fix you something to eat. Do you have any other pokemon with you, I can fix some food for them as well." Seth smiled as he stood up and got to work on dishing up a sandwhich for the new arrival. It seemed that Seth was right at home helping others.