• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Huh, well I'll leave you two to bond. Uma, come on." Kia and Uma walked away. She heard Salasa and Jake talking. "Salasa, why do you have Gabble's Sizzlipede?" She thought of what she had just said. Gabble is a great nickname for someone with a big of a hooter as an elephant that makes no sense. "By 'in the long run' do you mean, hopefully if and when we get to the league she won't be so harsh to you. Yeah, right. That's going to happen." She leaned on a shelf with no eggs on.

"Um...I think she wants to pick out an egg...and I dunno. It's not really worth it to be mean, but why be mean back? It just makes things worse...I think she doesn't want things like charity because she wants to prove she can be great without help from others...but still, maybe she'll learn it's ok to ask for help every once in a while. Right?" He smiled. "Being nice is the best thing you can do to someone who's mean...or at least don't bother them. It's like...my Mum's Golurk. It has to deal with Skwovet constantly barraging the fields, but it can't fight them or else it might mess up the plants...so it nicely redirects them elsewhere. Being mean causes more problems than it solves."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Is that the Pokemon from that girl that came earlier?" Alex asked. Rose had been intently staring at the egg, sitting on the floor, keeping the leaf as still as possible. Blaze set a small Ember near the egg, which made it wiggle quite violently, clearly distressed. Rose then angrily scolded her friend, in which Blaze argued in return. Before they started to attack each other, Alex gave them berries. The two have calm down slightly, but still slightly glared at each other. Astral was on the counter, silently looking at the newborn Galarian Ponyta with curiosity and an unreadable face.

"Maybe I'm just a mean person. Not being mean to everyone is making me snap you know. Gabble just pushes me way past my limits. I'm not saying don't help her, I'm just saying don't expect anything in return. You never know until it happens." Kia watched an Axew come in on Duncan's leg, injured. "What are you doing? You should take to the pokemon centre before anything." Kia's glare could burn a hole into the back of someone's head. She looked more annoyed than angry.

"Nah, I don't think you're mean. It's true she can be a bit over the top, but judging by her clothes and lack of Pokeballs and stuff, I think she was raised to be tough and fend for herself." He glanced at the Axew, tilting his head. "Oh...an Axew! My dad had an Axew...he let it go when it evolved into a Haxorous so it could care for a group of Axew that was getting bullied by...I think it was a Zweilous? They're pretty tough Pokemon...maybe you should keep it."

"Huh? Ah, um! I was hoping you'd find something you liked...erm...here!" He got an egg, not really paying attention to which one. "Alright, there...um...I'm gonna guess you're fine with getting it over to her on your own?" He grinned, moving his arm as to let the little Fire Bug down, and gently placed the egg down.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"I wonder how the Sizzlipede will make to her trainer." She asked as the two Pokemon calmed down. Blaze was sleeping against the desk, as Rose was pirouetting using Razor Leaf. Astral leaned against the egg on the leaf, hearing slight sounds and movement from inside. "As nice as this place is, should we be going soon? No rush or anything though," Alex said.

Coil did a little happy wiggle dance, then did her best to push the egg to her leader. The egg rolled down the hill and stopped at Gabblimey's feet. She looked down, and saw Coil curled around it. The egg was a nice silver color, but nothing was quite obvious about how it would turn out.

"Where'd ya get this, Coil? Did ya really steal it from those people up there? Coil... I'm proud of ya! You're already understanding how the school of hard knocks is! Let's hurry along now. Cor and Mark are all done training, so let's book it to the center, then the gym. Come on now, laddies!"

Mark hovered back and latched onto Gabblimey's back again, and Cor just waddled along with her. She picked up Coil and the egg and bolted for the center, healing everyone up. She even taught Cor a couple of moves from the tutor.

Salasa smiled, watching how happy Coil was...he just hoped Gabblimey wasn't suspicious of the little bugger (haha) somehow getting an egg unnoticed. "I hope things go well...oh, yeah! I'm ready to go!" He grinned, waving to the lady that ran the place. He went to grab the egg that Rocky Road was holding, but it growled, backing up. "Oh...um...alright. Guess you're a bit more of a motherly Pokemon then, huh? That's fine!" She growled...if her gang had seen her now, she'd be a laughingstock...but they weren't, so she didn't mind as much. She rolled out of the Nursery, waiting for the group.

"Hmm? Ah...right shame...but..." he glanced around. "There are quite a few people now...maybe it's for the best. Sorry. We'll definitely have another run-in though, I can bet you that!" He grinned, waving to Duncan as he left. He returned Funky, since he was starting to doze off after being startled by Mudd, and followed the group. "Yup...that's Kia's hometown, apparently. Maybe we can meet your parents there, huh Kia?" He grinned.

Kia waved to Duncan. When Salasa mention her parents, Kia groaned. "Yeah, I guess we will. Not that you'll see them. My parents are always out, doing 'business'. I do get to see my mother more often than my father, though. My mother isn't very good at pokemon, whereas my father is a professional. Hopefully I get a prize for beating the gym, too." Mudd held on to Kia's hand, looking around at all the wild pokemon in the area.

Gabblimey ran out of the center and into the stadium, signing up for her match. She always held a grudge with Nessa, never realized how well off she was. Gabblimey was so happy that she would get to show that little princess that she sat on a throne of cards. When approached by the puzzle, she took her time with figuring out which pipe went where. She fiddled around with a few pipes to see where the water went, then proceeded with caution. After an extensive amount of time, her challenge had been completed, and she proceeded to the field. Cor was close behind, he was ready for his shining moment. When Gabblimey saw Nessa, she got that much madder, and gestured for Cor to head in and show her how it's done.

Alistar opted to watch Gabblimey's battle against Nessa, it would give him the chance to see what she could really do and figure out a strategy that'd work against Nessa's Pokemon, he couldn't just rely on Pikachu after all. After signing up to have his battle after hers, he went and took a seat in the bleachers near the front and waited for the battle to begin.

Cor stood in front of Nessa, and patted his feet on the ground. She sent out a Goldeen, child's play for Cor and his master plan. He started with Leech Seed, slowly draining the health of the Goldeen. They smacked Cor with a Horn Attack, dealing a decent chunk of damage. He then started using Defense Curl, taking a now less powerful Horn Attack. Cor continued using Defense Curl until he was running low on health, which is when he revealed his secret weapon, the bane of many trainers: Recover. He repeated thus process, using Defense Curl when out of options as to reserve PP, until the Goldeen fainted. Next was Arrokuda, which started with Bite, but was soon seeded by Cor, just like before. The constant Bite attacks made Cor flinch some, but that just conserved PP. Just like the finny friend from before, they fainted from the dreaded seed. The final opponent: Drednaw. As they grew to a gargantuan size, they were (you guessed it) seeded, but that didn't protect Cor from the Max Strikes. Fortunately, it did almost nothing to Cor's absurd Defense, but he used Recover just to be safe. For the last turn of Dynamax, Cor used Protect, and that final Max Strike did abysmal damage. Rinse and repeat the previous process, and that's how you completely cheese a gym battle. When she was approached with a handshake, she only grabbed a finger of Nessa's before taking the badge. Before walking off, she simply said this:

"How does it feel to have fallen from your throne of cards, ya pretty little princess? I hope ya got a million paper cuts as ya fell."

Returning to the lobby, she saw Alistar there, and she pet Cor as he walked out with her. She crossed her arms and looked at him.

"This is why I needed that Sweet Apple. Cor here can stall as long as he needs in order to win the match. Thanks for help earlier. You're not so bad... Alistar."

She lightly punched his arm as she left the stadium, egg in tow. It was about time she returned home again, and she didn't want to keep Kabu waiting one second.

"Aww...alright then. It's ok, at least you got to meet mine!" he grinned, biting down on a Pecha Berry and handing a Tomato Berry to Rocky Road. "Alright...so once we get there, it's to the shops, and then to the Gym! Unless your parents...or at least one of them are there. Right?" He grinned, gently rubbing the top of the egg. It was shaking a little.

Alistar smiled as he watched Gabblimey walk out of the stadium lobby, at least she didn't think of him as completely beneath her now he thought to himself. But there was something else he had to take care of now, and that was his gym battle with Nessa. He changed into his uniform and did the puzzle with ease, before once again walking out into that stadium battlefield. Nessa came out on the other end of the arena, and greeted him before starting off the battle with her Goldeen.

"Alright Sandile, lets do this!" Said Alistar as he sent Sandile out into the battle. He'd have to rely on Pikachu for her more powerful Pokemon further into the battle, so he'd chosen to save him. "Let's start this off with Assurance!" Sandile charged at Goldeen quickly, delivering a high power smack that sent Goldeen flying back towards Nessa. "Goldeen, use Water Pulse!" Goldeen fired a water ring at Sandile, which hit him directly, K.O'ing him. Alistar returned Sandile, kinda surprised he went down so quick despite the type disadvantage.

"Pikachu, you're up!" He said, releasing Pikachu from it's pokeball. "Use Double Team, then Thunderbolt!" Pikachu created twelve copies of itself in a circle around Goldeen, confusing it before it was struck from behind by a powerful Thunderbolt, fainting it. Next up was Arrokuda, "Use Mega Punch Pikachu!" Pikachu got up close to Arrokuda, before striking it with a powerful blow sending it to the ground. It retaliated with Fury Attack, which hit Pikachu multiple times but didn't do much damage overall. "Finish them off with Electro Ball!" Pikachu jumped and charged a massive ball of electricity in it's tail, before throwing it directly at Arrokuda, knocking it out. "Good work buddy! Only one Pokemon left!"

Now it was time for Nessa's ace, Drednaw. Just like Milo, she supercharged it's pokeball before throwing it behind her, revealing an absolutely massive Pokemon. "Drednaw, use Max Geyser!" Drednaw spat a massive water geyser straight at Pikachu, brutally blasting him through the ground and dealing massive damage. "Pikachu, you alright?" He peeked his head out of the hole that he'd made and nodded, although quite roughed up. "Next time she does that, I have an idea. Now, use Electro Ball again!" Pikachu once again charged a massive, bright yellow ball on it's tail before sending it toward Drednaw. "Deflect it with Max Strike!" Drednaw punched the Electro Ball back at Pikachu, who, to Alistar's and Nessa's confusion, jumped up and absorbed the attack taking no damage whatsoever. "His ability must be Lightning Rod... if that's the case, I have an even better idea for dealing with the next Max Geyser." Alistar thought to himself. "Drednaw, use Max Geyser one more time and end this!" Drednaw spat another beam of water at Pikachu, however this time Alistar had a plan. "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt on the Max Geyser and absorb it with Lightning Rod!" Pikachu nodded, following his trainers plan by electrifying the beam of water. He took the attack head on, still taking a little damage but mostly absorbing more power from the electricity. Drednaw shrank back to it's normal size, it's dynamax over. "Now's our chance Pikachu! Finish this with Thunderbolt!" Pikachu fired a gargantuan bolt of electricity at Drednaw thanks to Lightning Rod, connecting and KO'ing it.

Cheers erupted around the bleachers for his victory, as he pumped his fist in the air in triumph. He recieved his badge from Nessa and walked back out into the lobby. "That was great Pikachu! You took on all three of them and won!" He said, barely able to contain his excitement. Pikachu shared his same enthusiasm, but was nonetheless tired from it's battle and returned to his pokeball. "Next up is Kabu, so back to Motostoke it is!" He said, heading to the Pokemon Center to heal his Pokemon.

Bolting through the rightward mines, Gabblimey stopped for a moment to catch her breath. Her team wanted to stop for a bit to train up, and she nodded in agreement. Kabu wasn't going to be some easy peasy gym leader like the others. He knew raw talent when he saw it, that's why she was endorsed by him in the first place. She couldn't wait to show the geezer how far she's come since then, and how she wouldn't just beat him: she would demolish him. Her thoughts were interrupted by Coil tapping her shoulder. She turned around to see that... Coil was not a tiny little baby anymore. She was absolutely massive, sporting a flaming cross on her face: she was a Centiskorch. That alone earned her a hug from Gabblimey, and she was pleased by this.

"C'mon, Mark, you're the only one left now! Ya really like making me wait, now do ya? I'm tempted to put ya through the wringer at this point!"

Mark became upset at this truth, it was taking him forever to evolve. Why was that the case for him? He knew others of his species took a while to evolve, but this was becoming ridiculous. It's almost like evolving for him was an impossible process to figure out.

Seth took his time following the others. Especially with Aura, who was new to his team. What made him lag behind was that fact that he bought another egg while he was at the nursery. This one was white with blue and red triangles all around.

With egg in hand, Seth set out to catch up with the others. He was glad to see that he was able to reach them quickly. Frost was on his shoulder, and Aura was by his side. Aura was slowly learning to use her powers. It seems that the more she connected to Seth, the more their bond grew.

Alistar, now on his way back to Motostoke, decided he’d check out the nursery he’d missed before and maybe buy an egg. He walked in and one egg in particular caught his eye, it was a blue one with white stripes. He guessed it was either a flying or a dragon type, but either way he bought it. Back in the mines, Alistar decided it was time for some training, specifically for Sandile, so he began training him against his other Pokémon. “Alright Sandile, we need to build your resistance to water type moves, we can’t have what happened in the Gym battle happen again, so I’m gonna have Dewott help us out by batting you.” Sandile nodded on, a little nervous that he’d be fighting another water type. As the training battle went on, Sandile was doing faring well against Dewott, but he was struck with a powerful Razor Shell which sent him to the ground. Alistar thought he’d fainted, and was about to run up and heal him, when a blue glow surrounded him, similar to that of Dewott’s when he evolved. He stood up as he was evolving, and left the blue light to reveal a Krokorok! “You evolved! I guess the training worked then!” Alistar said, smiling at him. Krokorok looked more confident, he definitely wasn’t as timid as his old self anymore. “This’ll make Kabu a breeze! We have a massive advantage.”

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Why am I the one left behind..." Alex complained before grabbing the egg off the leaf, returned Rose and Astral to their Pokeballs, and sprinted with Blaze to the others. She sent out Rose and Astral yet again. Alex put the egg on top of Rose's leaf that she spawned, as Astral leaned against the egg, sitting down. Blaze was yet again walking alongside his trainer, kicking a berry along the way. "So, what's Hulbury like? I've only heard that it's seaside-like," Alex asked the group.

Kia shrugged. "I guess it is. I never realised it though. I guess the light-house gives it away. Plus, I hardly know anywhere else in Galar. So, I never knew. I don't even really know which Routes get me where because I always take the train." Mudd spotted a Skwovet and reared up, thinking Kia would catch it. Kia let Mudd train on it instead. The battle ended quickly.

Gabblimey called all the others to her, realizing this would be a problem soon. Only Mark fit on her body now, the others had to walk beside her. Everyone was adequately trained, so she continued onto Motostoke. She was curious about the egg, some of the other's eggs hatched almost immediately. This one didn't even rumble or wiggle, it was making her start to think that Coil nabbed a bad egg. When she finally entered Motostoke again, her first stop was the center. When everyone was healed, she went into an alleyway to see her family. The group of kids cheered when their big sis arrived, but were a little bummed when she didn't bring food. She nodded, promising to get them something to eat, and quicklike. She asked for Mark to head for the Wild Area to gather berries. He detached from her shoulders, then begun hovering off in order to gather food. Gabblimey sat down, and started telling the stories of her achievements so far.

"Huh...alright. I've never been to Hulbury myself, since I usually just stayed at Turffield to help with mum's gardening...I went to Wyndon once to watch one of Champion Leon's matches when I was younger though. It's a lot different watching the match than being IN the match." Rocky Road nodded...as the Dynamaxed Pokemon of choice for the last battle, it was a new experience for her.