• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

It didn't matter who was close behind her, nor up ahead, they meant nothing to Gabblimey. She didn't care if they wanted to be her friend or even help, this was HER quest. They couldn't understand her hardships, no one could during this challenge. She would mow down anyone in her way, even if it meant getting a bit physical. Those lucky punks didn't need or deserve this, and while the latter was yet to be decided, Gabblimey NEEDED this to work out. Petty thievery wouldn't work for much longer, she needed a different way to support her family. As she literally skid into Hulbury, Gabblimey had a feeling that this next gym was going to be really tough. She had two Pokemon that quad-resisted Grass, but now she only had one for Water, and two that were weak to it. She needed an ace in the hole, and fast. It was Cor's real time to shine.

Alistar continued on his merry way, off to the next gym in Hulbury! He knew it was a water type gym, so this time he decided that instead of relying on complete dumb luck to win like hoping one of his Pokemon evolved mid battle again, he decided he'd instead catch an electric type. He searched every part of the route for a good electric type, but eventually came up with nothing. Defeated, he continued on his way down the route, once again choosing to rely on dumb luck instead of actual skill. That was, however, until he heard an unmistakable sound, a "Pika, Pika- zzzt!" to be exact. He was certain of it- it was a Pikachu. And it was right in front of him, tugging on his bag! He presumed it was hungry so naturally he fed it some berries, it took them gleefully and ate them quickly before jumping onto Alistar's shoulder. "Haha, you wanna come with me little guy?" He asked it. It responded with a nod and a cheerful cry, so Alistar took one of his remaining empty Pokeballs and tapped it to the Pikachu's forehead gently, catching it with ease.

Alistar arrived in Hulbury not long after, though instead of immediately challenging the gym he opted for some sightseeing and light training first. Walking around the city and the markets was refreshing for Alistar, he even bought a magnet for Pikachu to hold! In Turffield, he'd never really gotten the chance to take a look around, so this was a whole new experience for him.

"Well it is actually a lot of hard work, as there are a lot of medicines to learn to keep pokemon healthy, then there is all of the pokefood and ways to make it out in the world, and the basic care for pokemon of different types. I have really always loved to be with pokemon. I did try to be trainer, but my heart was not in it. I prefered to just be with my pokemon and making my music." Seth smiled as he answered the guys question. What made him stop, was how the girl from before treated his friend's mother. It was time he gace the girl a taste of her own medicine. Pulling out his Eevee phone, he texted Zack his brother about what the girl was doing and asked if he could borrow some of his old pokemon.

Gabblimey saw Alistar roaming around town, and was disgusted with their presence. However, she begrudgingly needed help in some capacity to have a chance at beating the gym. She walked up to him, and swallowed her pride as she stood behind him with her back turned.

"Hmph. Lassie. Listen. There might be a way to redeem yourself after your shameful display earlier. I... I need... I need heeEEL- ahem... help... with something. Comply, and I'll consider making you a rival..."

"...Sweet Apple. Need one. Don't know where to find one nearby. Help find one and ya win some favor, along with temporary protection. Temporary. Without it, I... will have a sub-optimal time in the gym here. Yeah. That... well don't just stand and stare!"

Gabblimey obviously wasn't going to admit that she wasn't going to be able to win the match without that advantage. Her self-proclaimed prowess may have been able to mask it, but she couldn't lie to herself.

Alistar decoded everything she'd just said to him, he wasn't sure whether to actually help or not. On one hand, he could basically knock an opponent out of the running, but on the other he could gain a possible yet unlikely friend. He made up his mind, and said "alright, I'll help. You can get Sweet Apples at the stand over there." He pointed at one of the market stalls behind her. "They cost a bit, so if you need any money just tell me, though from how I've seen you handle others generous donations, I highly doubt you'll accept any of mine."

"Good enough. And tell them to stop taking pity on me and try giving me stuff. They wouldn't understand how charity hurts someone's pride like mine. I don't need others to give, I grew up taking, that's all I could do. I've never had anything to give."

Gabblimey ran over to where the stand was, then crouched behind the stand. She peeked around the corner, slowly moved, and snatched an apple. Of course someone saw, but she was used to running at this point. She ran back to Alistar, quickly handed Mark the apple, and had him put it his bag. Once she was cornered, she was pat down, but nothing could be found since she didn't have it. The shopkeep was obviously upset, then stomped off. Gabblimey returned to Alistar, then removed the apple from his bag.

"See? Used to taking, used to running, used to hiding."

"Makes sense...you gotta say though, it helps in the long run...knowing all that stuff for your own pokemon." Jake smiled, as Scamp jumped into his lap. Jake started to pet him as he looked around.

"Who'd you call?" He asked and raised an eyebrow, watching Seth call and ask to borrow someone's pokemon. "If you're thinking about that girl, i wouldn't worry about it too much...we have each other, right? We should be able to handle her if there's..."

He did a quick headcount.

"Me, you, Alex, Salasia, Kia- five of us," he says and smiled slightly

"We could probably handle anything she threw at us, insults or whatever," he said happily. "That is...if we stay in this group. Insults never really bothered me, anyway...most of the time. If you insult me, im fine, but if you say something about my pokemon that upsets them, we'll have a problem," Jake chuckled lightly

"Oh no that is not what I did. Remember when I told you that I used to be a trainer, well that was my brother. I asked him is he could let me borrow the pokemon that used to be mine for a bit. I mainly want to teach her that it is ok to accept others for who they are. I have always been someone who would rather set an example, but what that girl needs is someone who can teach her a lesson." Seth smiled. It was because he would get to see his old partners again. He really did miss them. He was glad to know that his brother was taking good care of them.

Gabblimey scoffed as Alistar went off into the gym, and went back to the previous route. She tapped Cor on the top of his apple, and his head popped up. The apple and Cor were placed on the ground, and Cor was delighted. A delectable piece of food just for him, and he would be happy to indulge. He chomped away at the apple, and soon after, he began to glow and grow. He had feet, he was actually big now! He had evolved into a big, happy Appletun, and tried hugging Gabblimey for the kind gesture. Unfortunately, he didn't realize how big he was, and he fell on top of her. She reached her hand up in a sign of help, but gave up and just pat his side.

“Funky! Get outta there! Now!” Funky wasn’t paying attention...he was too into it. He gave Mudd a confused look, but soon got absolutely smashed by the uppercut. After flying through the air, he skidded to a stop at Salasa’s feet, having fainted. “Oh...we lost...well, it was a good battle!” He gently helped Funky lean up, using a Revive on him. “You did a great job, buddy.”

"Sure I do not mind if you watch." Seth said to the guy as he begun to heal the pokemon. He had a small bag out that he used to help the pokemon. He had also given them a small pokepuff to help with the healing. He then turned to Jake to continue with his story.

"Well I actually started out my journey with two pokemon. They were both Eevees. One evolved into Vaporeon, and the other became an Espeon. They loved to battle and would train any chance they got. From the start of my journey, I added a charmander to the team, who is now a chameleon. She was a great pokemon, but grew to be closer to Zack then me."

"You did great, Mudd!" Mudd walked back over to Kia, but fell. She had fainted. "You also battled well, Salasa. As you can see, Funky would've won if he dodged." Kia revived Mudd and walked over to the other three. She let Seth revive her pokemon after Salasa had finished. Mudd and Sled ate theirs, but Uma pushed his to Sled. Sled pushed it back, only to find the same thing happen. They kept going for a while until Sled gave up and ate it. He grunted in pleasure and Uma neighed in response. Mudd ran over to Funky and held her hand up for a high five.

"Since I left Kanto to go to Alola. Which was about a year ago. They are still some of my best friends, but they loved to battle so my brother offered to take them to battles with him. It was hard for me to let them go, but it was the best for them in the long run." Seth smiled as he spoke of his other pokemon he once had. They would always hold a place in his heart. When the pokepuff was not taken by Smith, he pulled out a sour flavored one for them. "Here you go. This one might be to your liking."

“Yeah...I think he was getting too into it. I heard that can happen a lot with Thwackey. They get too into the battle and don’t even notice things.” He grinned, giving Smith an apple to hop onto. In a blur, he inhabited the new apple, and poked his eyes out of the top. Funky grinned, happily giving a high five to Mudd. “Thanks for the battle, Kia. It was super fun! Should we keep on keeping on?”

Kia brought out her notepad and resumed her serious face. She scribbled down what Salasa had said about Thwackey in the section about Pokemon. She looked up after writing it down and returned all of her pokemon, except Mudd. "Let's get going, then!" She knew that she always was the one to make them leave, but someone had to. Mudd hopped beside Kia and they turned around to start walking.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"W-wait! Before you go, I'm Alex! I'm a Gym Challenger, and I just got my first badge." She introduced herself to Kia and Salasa. Rose gave out a friendly pose yet again. Astral teleported to her trainer's shoulders and gave a short wave. Blaze ran up to her trainer. "I hope you don't mind if I could tag along, would you?" She asked.

As Duncan was walking, he noticed two trainers in the distance, one having a white Pokémon in their arms. “Well, it’s been a while since we fought any trainers”, he said to himself. He pulls out a Greatball, Slightly tightening his grip. “Let’s go Lucario”, he then ran to the trainers and said “I challenge you to a battle”!

After enough time, Gabblimey escaped from underneath Cor's new massive weight. She brushed herself off a bit, then pat his goofy little head. Then kept patting it, with some of those nice scratches.

"Awright... as much as I know ya like being able to walk, I need ya to be able to beat that gym, okay? Let's train you up right and make sure they know your name. But first... I have a strange urge to give tummy tickles."

And as such, said tummy tickles ensued, and both participating parties were happy. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Gabblimey let out her sweet side once in a while, and with a big, cuddly Appletun, she could let that out easy.