• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

“So, what brings you here to Galar?”

“Kia” he put his hand on her shoulder” There’s no need to be afraid, I recently got here and I’m scared but I don’t that get in the way of my goals. And to the answer to your question, 2 badges, you?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Kia watched the other's start to leave. She whistled at Salasa, and motioned that she would be with them in a couple of minutes. "Well, I moved here quite a few years back. I only just got endorsed in the gym challenge, though." She scratched her head. "Just one. I'm not scared to battle you. I just don't have the time or pokemon to. Sorry." She got in a bit of a huff.

“Hmm?” He glanced back, and nodded, stopping to wait for Kia. When she came back, he grinned, looking at his Rotom Phone for the map. “Let’s see...I wanted to stop by the nursery on Route 5, it just seemed fun. There’s no reason to rush through, it’s just fine to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.”

Gabblimey and Cor were in front of the nursery, but didn't notice anyone nearby. Cor was too busy being pet, and Gabblimey was too busy petting. While Cor absolutely enjoyed this, she might have been getting a little carried away with the affection.

"Aw... who's a good little worm? That's right, you are Cor, such a good boy. I bet ya wanna go play in the dirt and roll around, huh? Yeah ya do, oh you're such a cute little guy!"

Kia raised an eyebrow. "What makes you any different?" She joked to Jake. "It's no wonder Scorbunny seems so big, at least to you. To me it looks pretty small. You, on the other hand, think it's way larger than it states in the pokedex because you're short." She tilted her head slightly. She noticed a sign that pointed to the nursery. "Hey, guys, this the place?" Mudd chatted with Blaze before running back to Kia.

Salasa started to laugh, nudging Jake. “Hey, don’t worry about it, we’re in the same boat.” He stopped, looking up at the Nursery. “Yup Yup, this is the place...” he started forwards, but stopped with a soft “oh!” at the sight of Gabblimey giving her new Appletun belly rubs. He glanced over at the others, motioning to follow him inside. He didn’t want to interrupt Gabblimey and Cor.

"I will be there in a bit I am going to stop by the pokemon center inside. Then I want to do something." Seth went inside and turned to pokemon center that was attached to the place. He walked up to the PC, and typed what he needed. When he was through he had three more pokemon with him.

With that done, he walked out of the nursery, and up to the girl who had been so rude to him and his friends. Frost had a bit of sass in her step as she followed Seth. She was not normally one to battle, but would do so to help clear the air.

"Hey rude girl, I want to challenge you to a battle." Seth had his hand on a pokeball. It contained his Espeon, who would want to battle as soon as he knew what was going on.

Gabblimey jumped when she realized people were watching her. She quickly turned her head around, then back, telling Cor to stand up. She looked at Seth, her face still a little red.

"Fat chance. You're not in the challenge, so I'm not interested. I have much more important people to battle, like Nessa, and Cor needs proper training, not an easy win. Now bugger off, we have work to do."

Her and Cor began walking down to the grass to find Pokemon to train against. She wanted him to get used to his new body before going in guns blazing.

"Its funny," Jake said to Seth, as he walked up to him with Sonny.

"She's all talk...but when someone offers to battle her, she has an excuse to get out of it," he smiled slightly, patting Seth's shoulder comfortingly

"Even if you're not in the challenge, you'd be good experience for her pokemon. Her loss," he shrugged.

Kia leaned on the doorpost. "Well that was unexpected... Seth, can we see your pokemon anyways? She's rude and all, but don't go after her. If she had made me angry then, yeah sure, go ahead. She didn't though. We may encounter her again, so you can teach her a lesson then." Kia re-entered the Nursery and joined the rest of the group. She stood behind Mudd, who was with the rest of the partner pokemon.

"Fine I guess you are too scared to try and battle someone who may have an edge over you." Seth smirked as he spoke. He was trying to get her to battle. "Don't let things you see fool you. Just because someone is not in the gym challenge, does not mean that they well be an easy win for you." With that he threw the pokeball out in front of him, and appeared an espeon. She was excited to see Seth, and leaped at him. He held her in his arms, and rubbed her head. "Hey girl. I am glad to see you as well."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Blaze happily chatted with Mudd before also returning to his trainer also. Alex followed the group into the nursery. "This place is nice, but what exactly did you want from here, Salasa?" She said before looking around the quaint building, and eventually to the desk. She noticed a few eggs on a shelf and a sign above it that said "Eggs for Sale!" Alex saw a white, with light purple-ish striped egg, and decided to purchase it. She thanked the woman and held the egg in her arms, it being a little bit smaller than she expected.

Alex then looked over to Rose, who was bouncing with excitement, wanting to hold the egg. Alex gave a small chuckle before squatting down and warning her Steenee: "Be careful with it, alright?" She gently gave it to her Steenee, before Rose toppled over, the egg being slightly bigger than her. Astral teleported to the Steenee before giving a quiet chuckle, slightly annoying Rose, as Blaze ran over to help pick up the egg. The Ralts then lifted the egg out of Blaze's arms with Confusion, before Rose spawned a fairly big leaf to hold the egg on with Magical Leaf, which she could control with ease. The three Pokemon all gave a cheer in their accomplishment, making Alex chuckle once more.

"Ya shut your mouths! If ya even want a chance to battle me, ya gotta work for it, and I have to be open! Besides, Cor ain't used to his new body, so you'd be taking advantage of that! Awright, Cor, work those guys through, you'll be in shape in no time. The sooner you're caught up, the sooner ya can challenge that leader. Mark, Coil, you train as well, help Cor raise that bar he has to reach."

Mark and Coil nodded gleefully as they went to separate patches to train up. Cor sighed a bit at this, but he supposed he had been slacking, so it was time to hop into overdrive.

Seth shrugged. He would battle her some other time. In the meantime, he would care for his pokemon. He loved the Espeon that she brought joy to him, and the way he loved her.

"No she would do that. She may like to battle, but she loves to be around people." Seth loves to be with the pokemon that he raised from small eevee. Jacks being the rambunctious eevee that he is, jumped out his pokeball and climbed onto Seth's shoulder.

Kia was generally amazed by the different eggs for sale. She sketched them all, but erased all but two eggs; the egg Alex bought and an egg that peaked her interest. The egg was brown, with a white stripe on it. It was seemingly over energetic. If it was a human, she would have been repelled, but being an egg, Kia was drawn to it. She bought it, of course. She walked to Alex and gave her egg to Mudd, who balanced it on her head. Perfectly. Kia noticed this but didn't mention it, as to not make Mudd drop it. "When they hatch, I can make a start to the egg section of my notepad. Then I will have nearly all of the sections I need for my notes."

When Duncan approached, she explained to him the situation. "Well, this one trainer is a real jerk. She just... how do I put this... makes everyone mad, I guess. We didn't even do anything to her. She seems like me if I took my anger out on people." Kia pointed to her chest. "I got it all clogged up in here."

“Hey, I thought...ugh...hey, Gab! Congrats on the evolution!” He grinned, giving her a thumbs up as she left. “Hmm...I dunno. I just thought it’d be a nice detour...oh!” He quickly noticed the eggs for sale, and purchased a deep purple egg that gave him good vibes. He sent out Rocky Road, offering the egg to put in the warm coals. Surprisingly, she obliged with a warm grumble, allowing Salasa to place it with the coal. “Hmm...I’d say this was a good move on my part! We got some new Pokémon for our journeys!”

"Oh...the, uh...For Sale sign over there?" he motioned to the group of eggs on the shelf that Alex had seen. "Honestly, I'm pretty surprised with you, Rocky Road. I didn't think you'd wanna hold it." The Carkol made a small grumble, but didn't exactly do anything to show otherwise. It seemed a bit worried about the egg it was holding. "Ah...it's fine, buddy! I'm proud of you." It blinked, before grumbling...it stayed slow, as to not jolt the deep purple egg around. "Hey, Jake, did you want one? You can buy one if you want."

Jake looked over at the sign.

"...ill uh...be right back." He said as he smiled innocently, before he hurried over to the sign with Sonny, and studied the eggs closely.

He scanned them all, before he focused on a brown one. A small sign next to it said, "Notice: Won't hatch for a while, due to being new".

He smiled slowly and bought it, and walked over to the others, as he carried the egg carefully.

The training was going well, all three Coil, Cor, and Mark were showing definite signs of growth. Cor learned quite a few moves that would be essential to future successes, and his hide only grew tougher through some difficult and constant training. Mark was getting there, but now he was starting to lag behind, since there wasn't much for him to learn that would be helpful to him, not even one useful move! Coil, on the other hand, was growing fast and strong, especially with a few new tools under her belt. She felt it was enough, so she returned to Gabblimey and wrapped around her wrist once more.

"That confident, eh? I suppose that only time will tell if ya truly reached your peak for now. If ya can, go for a little stroll up there, I'm hopin' that you can see something eye-catchin' to gain an advantage. Go on, pitter patter."

Coil crawled off the wrist as she began looking around the area of the nursery. She decided to look at all the eggs that laid around the place, and was genuinely curious of what the deal was. Of course, they were for sale, so her curiosity wouldn't get her far.

Jake, as he walked by Gabblimey, sped up a bit past her, his lip bitten, as Sonny tensed up a bit as they passed the rowdy girl, with a brown egg in the trainer's hands.

"I don't wanna say for sure, but i think its an eevee...looks like the few Eevee eggs Mom got in the Pokemon Center back home...but ill be happy either way," he said to his Scorbunny as they passed, and smiled at the fire type.

"Scor!" The pokemon answered, and grinned back at his trainer.

Seth however had started to talk to the lady who ran the stand. She was a sweet older lady, who had ran the nursery for a long time. The pokemon eggs that she had were from pokemon that she rescues and lets live with her. "You know, my grandma does the same thing you are doing here. She runs breeding centers in quite a few different regions now. She has actually given me an egg to take care of while I am on my journey here." With that he pulled out the carefully packed egg case, and set it on the table.

Though as he opened the case, it began to glow. When the white light faded, a small galarian ponyta was born. She was surrounded by this rainbow aura. It inspired a name for her. Knelling down, Seth began to rub the psychic type's mane.

"You are just beautiful. I can see why grandma wanted me to take you with me. She had always had a knack for picking the perfect egg for someone." The eyes of the unique horn pokemon, looked into the blue ones of her new companion, and started to imprint on him. She loved him from the start. "I think I will name you Aura."

"Hmm? Oh...hi there! Aren't you Gabblimey's Sizzlipede? Here..." He put his hand on the ground, offering to help pick her up. "Did she want an egg? I can pay for it, if you want...I know she doesn't like that sorta thing, but what she doesn't know won't kill her." He grinned...Carkol looked curiously over Sizzlipede, and gave a grumpy huff, keeping the egg in her coal close. Seems she was protective over the new 'member'

Kia saw Seth's egg hatch. "Is that a..." Uma leapt over to Seth and looked at the newly hatched Ponyta. Kia tilted her head when she saw it. "Wow... I didn't see that coming. Aura, did you say? Wonderful name..." Uma lowered its head and touched the tip of Aura's horn with his. Kia shrugged because she didn't know what was happening. "I think Uma wants to help it?"

Coil turned her tiny head sideways, then crawled up Salasa's arm from under his shirt. She popped back up from the collar as she climbed across the back of his neck. She looked at his face eventually, then sniffed a bit. She nodded, crawling onto his shoulder. What he said was true, what she didn't know wouldn't kill her. That, and it could've given her a boost.

Salasa shuddered, giggling a little at the warm tickle of the bug crawling up him. "Alright...hey, I know she's a little rude, but...at least she has her friends...like you!" He grinned, extending his arm to the various eggs so that she could get a better look. He glanced at Jake, shrugging. "Yeah, I know, I know. But maybe it'll help in the long run, y'know?"