• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

“Alright. Here we go... This will be my first capture...”The brand new trainer, Doc, has just gotten off the train from Wedgehurst, and had set foot in the vast Wild Area. He had been nervous about traveling at first, not ready for the giant world ahead of him. But with his partner Scorbunny, he gathered up his wits and headed off into the great world for his gym challenge.

In front of him stood an Oddish. He had planned to capture this Pokémon, and prove to himself he could be great. A step in the right direction. He grabbed his Pokéball, and tossed it towards the Oddish, shouting, “Scorbunny, help me, please!”

Out popped the white rabbit Pokémon. Instantly, it sprang into action, jumping into the air and landing with a sharp pose, before smirking. Doc laughed a bit. “Ok Scorbunny, get ready. Um...use your Tackle!” Scorbunny squatted, then swiftly shot up and dashed towards the Oddish, moving with such speed that not even the grass-type could react to. Scorbunny slammed into Oddish, and it bounced backwards, skidding across the smooth grass.

His mind began to wander. He reached for his bag, but then hesitated. Should he go for another attack? No no, it’s probably good enough for a Pokéball. Doc’s eyes rapidly shifted towards his bag, then towards Oddish, then towards his bag again.

“No, no, not now... just do something!” Foc threw a Pokéball towards the Oddish, but the blue Pokémon had already recovered from the Tackle. It jumped up, and began to scamper off. Scorbunny tried to chase after it, but the Oddish has already disappeared into a bush. Scorbunny angrily went back to Doc, having a fit over the lost Pokémon.

“I-I’m sorry Scorbunny. I just wasn’t thinking... Well I was, but I was going for my Pokéball, and then I was thinking if I should use it, and then I panicked, and it got away and—“ Scorbunny has already turned away. Doc sat down and slapped his leg. “I’m sorry. We’ll try next time, and I won’t be so cowardly. Ok?” All Scorbunny did was huff, and Doc sighed.

Mark slowly but surely hauled an armful of berries from the trees around the Wild Area back to Motostoke. He sluggishly went into the alleyway, dropping them onto the table-like cable spool for the kids. By then, story time was over, and Gabblimey had business to attend to.

"Awright, the time 'as come. Your jobs, lads, is to keep any and all other challengers away from the stadium. The one exception is this lad named Alistar, he's earned his keep. All others are not allowed in without my permission, especially that lassie Salasa and his friends. They're in Hulbury right now, so this gives you all time to prepare. Move out."

They all nodded, following her towards the stadium. They all lined up across the bridge, about 30 of them in all. This allowed Gabblimey to head in and take on the challenge without interruption, and she began using that to her advantage as she started.

Last edited:
Alistar finally arrived back in Motostoke, it was almost time for his third gym battle, but first he had some other business to attend to. He walked until he reached a small building near the entrance to the Wild Area, he opened the door and went inside and was instantly greeted by his Father. "Alistar! How've you been doing since you left? Great I hope! Me and your Mum have been watching the Gym Battles on TV. The fact you already have two badges gives us high hopes!" He said. "I'm doing fine Dad," he said, giving him a hug. "I'm actually here to pick up my Dynamax Band. I completely forgot it when I left." He said, half laughing. His Dad went and grabbed it for him, he returned not much later with a spare as well. "Here's a spare as well just incase you forget that one somewhere." His Dad said, chuckling. "Anyways, good luck in your next Gym Battle!" He said, waving him goodbye. "Thanks Dad!" Alistar shouted as he walked back through the door.

On his way back to the Gym, Alistar felt an unusual amount of shaking coming from his bag. He was confused for a second, thinking a wild Pokemon had somehow slipped in there, but then he remembered. "The egg!" He exclaimed loudly, frantically pulling it out of his bag to watch it hatch. There were multiple cracks in it, and the Pokemon inside began to reveal itself. Alistar looked on in awe as the egg shook and cracked, and once it was all done it revealed itself as a Dratini. Alistar stared at it, and it stared back at him. "A Dratini?" Alistar said after a while of looking at each other, "I can't believe I got this lucky!" He said happily, the Dratini, although confused, seemed to share his sudden enthusiasm and slithered up onto his shoulders. "Say, why don't you come with me?" He asked it, the Dratini nodded, so Alistar proceeded to catch it and jubilantly finished his walk up to the gym, new Pokemon in tow.

Kia shook her head frantically. "No, I won't be needing them. I can do this! If I can get this egg to hatch, I'll be ready!" She took the egg out of her bag and let Mudd carry it. Mudd cradled it in her arms. It moved around a bit. As they neared the Stadium in Hulbury, Kia took a sharp turn left. There, a quite beefy man in a sailor suit was standing outside a house. Kia tilted her head. "Dad? I thought you would be out!" She turned to the gang. "This is my father." A tall woman walked out of the house. She was in regular clothing. Kia frowned. "This is my mother..." Kia's mother and father introduced themselves. "I'm Mia."
"I'm Kien."
Kia scratched her head and forced a smile. Her dad laughed. "That's the smile we recognise from our family!" Kia also forced a laugh.
Her mother spoke up. "Is that Mudd? She evolved? That's an egg? Do you know what kind it is? Where's Uma?" Kia released Sled and Uma. "Wow, is that a Swinub? What's it-" She was cut off by Kia. "So, I came back to beat the gym here. Hope I'll win." Kia's mother showed Kia a fastball. "Remember Baddy? If you want, you can have her as a prize for beating the gym." Out popped a Galarian Corsola. Kia's mother kept going. "Wow, you made friends? Of course you have. And what's happening to their egg?" Kia turned to Salasa. "Hey, Salasa, I think your egg is hatching." Kia's mother shrieked. "Oh, my! What is it? Is it cute? Is it-" She was cut off by Kia's father. "Ok, honey, I don't think Kia wants to talk to us right now. Kia, we'll see you at the gym!" He winked at Kia and waved. Kia waved back, before redirecting her attention to Salasa.

He blinked, trying to process the questions that Kia's mother was asking. He seemed to snap back when Rocky Road nudged Salasa, showing the rumbling egg. "W-Wha? I...Oh! Oh gosh!" He picked up the egg, a little nervous...He forgot that he didn't know the first thing about eggs. It started to crack...and a purple head with four spikes popped out of the egg, looking around...it was a little Toxel. Its eyes fell on Salasa, and it gently nuzzled against him. He stuttered a little, and smiled, helping the little Pokemon out of the egg. "Look at you...you're so cute! I think your name should be...Scruff!" It smiled at the name, though it quickly resumed his grumpy expression. "I don't really know the first thing about Toxel, but...hey, Kia? Jake? Mind if Scruff stays with you two for my battle? He's not nearly strong enough to take on the gym, since he's just a baby...but I still want him to watch so he's not just cooped up in a ball."

Mudd dropped the egg carefully into Rocky Road's bed. She spun around and clapped her paw hand fin things. (I actually don't know what they are). "Thanks Salasa. Should we get going to the gym now?" She was kind of reluctant to go to the gym. Water pokemon would be a major blocking point for her. She decided that maybe Uma could handle it, and maybe the egg would be strong enough to battle by then. The egg jumped around, as if hearing Kia's thoughts. "It seems really close to hatching."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Parents can be... well, parents." Alex said as Salasa's egg hatched into a Toxel. "Hm, I've haven't seen that Pokemon." She attempted to look up Toxel on her Rotom Phone. "I'm fine with going to the gym now, but I might go to the Pokemart for a little bit before challenging... Nessa, isn't it?" She asked. Alex remembered briefly looking at the Gym Leaders when she first started her journey. Astral was slightly twicthing in her sleep, as she was against the shifting egg.

Last edited:
"Yeah...I don't really know what my dad's like, since he's always out traveling...I think he's in the Kalos region right now. He sends me notes though...you know, I think my dad had a Toxel." He shrugged, gently hugging Scruff close to him...he gave him an Oran Berry, a nice introduction to berries for Pokemon. It nibbled on it, still making small grumbles. "He still sounds upset..um, Alex? Can you search up any info on taking care of Toxel?"

Alistar had finally made it back to the gym, only to be met by a blockade of various other children blocking access to the stadium. "Uh, excuse me is the Gym closed?" He asked one of them, they turned to him and replied. "Depends who's askin, would you be Alistar?" He nodded, not quite sure how they knew his name. The person who'd asked him his name stepped back to give him access to the gym. "That was unusual." Alistar thought to himself as he walked into the lobby of the stadium, "doesn't matter though, we've got a Gym Badge to win." He signed up for his battle, then went to the bleachers to watch the battles that would come before his.

Gabblimey cleared the challenge with ease, it basically wasn't there at all. She was out on the field with Kabu at this point, and was ready to take him down. This time, it was Coil's time, since Mark didn't learn any Ground type moves. The Ninetales popped out, and fired an Ember at Coil, but it didn't seem to do anything. Kabu put this together quick: Flash Fire. Coil began using Coil to prepare for war. All Ninetales could do is use Quick Attack, so Coil used Coil a couple more times before laying on Bite attacks. Just two and they were down, out came Arcanine attacking back with Bite as well. Coil knocked down Arcanine in their Bite war, but was wearing thin. Gabblimey called her back and sent Cor in to make some progress. Kabu sent in his Centiskorch, and properly Gigantamaxed them. A Leech Seed was laid down on Kabu's Centiskorch, then the Max Flutterby hit Cor like a freight train. He was already down for the count, and Mark was sent in after to use Protect. This decreased the damage from the G-Max Centiferno, but Mark was now taking more damage each turn. For one last hurrah, he threw a Hex at them before toppling to the ground in a fiery explosion. Coil was the last hope, and it was relatively even. Coil slammed into Kabu's Centiskorch, and they stuttered backward. They went for a Bug Bite, and Coil hit with another Flame Wheel. Kabu's Centiskorch barely stood up, but luckily for Gabblimey, Leech Seed was sapping their HP away every turn. They collapsed, and Gabblimey literally tackle hugged Kabu. She was so excited, she actually beat him, the one who endorsed her. She got up, shook his hand, and gave him another hug.

"Thank ya so much... for giving me and my family a chance to live normal lives. I owe everything to you, so thank ya so, SO much. I'll be taking my leave now, but I'll win the championship match for you."

She exited the stadium, but now stood among her brothers and sisters front and center. She had Coil bring the fainted members to the center, then had them come right back. She was ready to shove them away if they ever came.

Seth looked up and smirked at the conversation. They knew he was a breeder, and could help them out with the question, but decided to let them figure it out. "Well Toxel is a poison electric type. You would not want to touch them with your bare hands until they can learn to control that part of them. Since they have just hatched, it might be better to wear some gloves as to not get the poison that they produce on your skin. I would recommend rubber so the shock effect will not harm you. Depending on the nature of the Toxel there are two forms that they can evolve into." Seth let that sink in as he went back to talking to Aura.

"U-Um...oh jeez! Rocky?" he quickly put Scruff down on Rocky Road, wiping his hands off on his pants. "Well, thanks for telling me so quickly...I don't have any gloves, but...hmm..." He glanced at his bag. He emptied one of the larger pockets, and scooped up Scruff into the pocket. He got huffy, sticking out his tongue to blow an angry raspberry as it squirmed...but it calmed down pretty quickly, making content little noises. "Alright...looks like he likes the bag. We can get gloves later...the bag should work for now."

Alistar exited the bleachers after Gabblimey's match, now it was his turn. Kabu was probably the gym leader he was least worried about as he had two Pokemon who countered him effectively, although he was well aware that anything could happen. Alistar finished the gym challenge and stepped out onto the field, more confident than he was the previous two gym leaders.

Kabu started off with Ninetales, and Alistar with Dewott. "Right, let's start this off with Razor Shell!" Dewott did as his trainer said, and used Razor Shell on Ninetales, landing a direct hit that dealt massive damage. Kabu had Ninetales use Quick Attack, but it was to no avail as Dewott dodged and weaved around her with ease. "Finish Ninetales with another Razor Shell!" Alistar commanded, once again Dewott used Razor Shell on Ninetales, fainting it.

Next up was Arcanine, Alistar was hoping this fight would be similar to Ninetales. Right off the bat, Dewott was hit with a Will-O-Wisp, crippling it for the rest of the battle. "Keep your distance and use Water Gun!" Dewott tried using Water Gun, but Arcanine was much faster than he'd anticipated and struck him with multiple Bites and Flame Wheels, KO'ing Dewott. Alistar sent out Krokorok, he was confident in it's ability to take out the rest of Kabu's Pokemon. Arcanine tried the same strategy as before, but Alistar had a counter this time. "Krokorok, use Bulldoze and stop Arcanine in it's tracks, then use Rock Tomb!" Krokorok used Bulldoze, causing Arcanine to lose it's balance and fall over, and the Rock Tomb on top of that finished him off quickly.

Last but not least was his Centiskorch, and of course like the Gym Leaders before him, Kabu supersized it's pokeball and threw it behind him to reveal a Gigantamax Centiskorch. This time however, Alistar also had the power of Dynamax on his side, and he did the same with Krokorok. "Quick Krokorok, use Max Rockfall!" He commanded, Krokorok summoned huge boulders, seemingly out of nowhere and launched them at Centiskorch, dealing massive damage. It retaliated with G-Max Centiferno, causing some trouble for Krokorok as he was now in the same position as Dewott. "Alright, let's finish this fight with Max Quake!" Krokorok began stomping on the ground, causing it to rumble and shake, also being super effective against Centiskorch. Centiskorch went down, shrinking back to it's normal size and fainting.

Krokorok quickly followed, and Alistar ran up and high fived him. "We did it Krokorok, our third badge!" He said excitedly as he recieved it from Kabu, thanking him for the battle he left the field and exited the stadium. Running outside, he spotted Gabblimey with the group who'd let him in before, he ran up to them to talk to her. "You did well in your Gym Battle, say, how about we have another battle, since I kinda left you hanging last time?" He challenged.

Doc collected himself, and stood back up. Scorbunny looked over towards him, curiously eyeing his trainer. Doc fixed his backpack on him, and looked back down to his Pokémon. A smile came over his face when Doc began to speak.

“Let’s head to Motostoke first and call it a day. We can watch a couple of gym battles too, since we are doing the gym challenge, y’know. Maybe I’ll find out how to—Scorbunny!” By the time he could finish, Scorbunny was already racing towards the Motostoke gates with excitement. Sighing, Doc picked up the Pokéball he failed to catch Oddish with, and ran after his partner. “Oh, Scorbunny, please wait! Scorbunny!”

A little while later, the two approached the gates. Doc was trying to catch his breath, but Scorbunny filled to the brim with excitement. He bounced up two steps at a time; Doc followed suit, but only one step. He carried so much in his backpack, but the more he climbed up the steps, the lighter it felt. Adrenaline spiraled around him unconsciously like an Arbok’s Wrap attack; he could feel it inching closer as the number of steps grew smaller. He reached the apex, and was instantly stunned by the city.

“Motostoke. This is it... it’s so big...” Everywhere he saw, people and Pokémon were enjoying each other’s company. A Minccino was puffing out its chest towards a Bounsweet. An Onix was being pet by multiple little children who were intrigued. A Budew was sniffing at the roses, finding comfort in them. And a Scorbunny was poking at the water... Hey!

“Scorbunny! Hey!” Doc ran towards his starter, who turned around and squeaked with joy. Scorbunny tugged at Doc’s shorts, and pointed towards the large dome at the peak of the city. Doc looked back down, smiled, and picked up his partner, placing Scorbunny on top of his backpack, walking towards the stadium.

As Scruff was put into Rocky Road's bed, Kia's egg was pushed a little. The egg pushed back, but couldn't push Scruff. It kept trying, and started hatching. "Finally!" Kia ran over and lifted the egg out of Rocky Road's bed. When it hatched, it was a small Eevee. It looked angry, and it jumped back into the bed and started pushing Scruff. "Wow an Eevee!" She pulled out her notepad, then wrote down Toxel and Eevee next to the eggs she had sketched. She entered the house, but soon came back out, her bag looking bigger than before. She pulled out a big book from it and flicked the pages. "The two forms of Toxtricity are Amped and Low Key. There's basically no difference ; They look different, one learns Venoshock and Shift Gear, whereas the other learns Venom Drench and Magnetic Flux. Here are the pictures." She showed the pictures of Toxtricity's forms. "They both share the same Gigantamax, though." She pointed to the picture of Toxtricity's Gigantamax.

"Maybe another time. As ya can tell, I'm busy. You hurry along now, go off to Hammerlocke and challenge the leader in Stow-on-Side. I'll challenge you once I'm there. But for now, I've got a job to do, I'll be there ASAP, Alistar."

Gabblimey crossed her arms as she looked around. She was dead set in making sure that Salasa and his stupid friends didn't get through.

"Oh wow...an Eevee! Those are pretty popular...probably because they can evolve into so many different thing!" He grinned, glancing at the little Toxel in his bag, who had fallen asleep. "Alright...they look pretty cool! I suppose I'll figure out more about them whenever we get to it." He shrugged, and stretched a bit. "Alright...we ready to go now? I've been itching to do this fight!"

Kia gave a thumbs up, and let the Eevee go into her bag. "You seem angry... I'll call you Ikari!" The Eevee looked up at Kia when she heard the name. "You're female?" The Eevee nodded. "Ikari it is." Kia patted Ikari deeper in the bag. She then walked past the group. "So, who has the first try on the gym challenge?" She looked at Salasa and Alex. Ikari rummaged through Kia's bag, until she found a quite comfy spot on an open book. She glared at Kia's pokemon, but smiled at Mudd.

"Well, I guess I'll go first then. I think I'll evolve her into an Umbreon, its one of my favourite Eeveelutions. I don't know what she wants to evolve into, so I'll let her decide." Ikari popped her head out of Kia's bag, glaring at everything. "She doesn't look like she will have any friendship with anyone though. Maybe me and Mudd, she doesn't look at us like that." Kia followed Salasa and returned all her pokemon, except Mudd and Ikari.

Seth smiled at the way the boy put his new pokemon in his bag. Seth looked through his bag, and pulled out a pair of rubber gloves. They were dark purple and Seth held them out to the boy. "Here try these. I always carry extra incase of meeting a new pokemon."

Jacks who was inside of his pokeball, leaped out of it, and landed beside Mudd. He was looking for something, and found it in his tail. The eevee started to chase his own tail in attempt to catch it.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Salasa, you can go second if you want." Alex said as she followed the group. Blaze was using Ember on the egg yet again while Rose wasn't watching. The egg was starting to shake and shortly hop, before Rose looked over and proceeded to argue with Blaze once again. She was reaching the point of frustration that Rose would've attacked Blaze, until Astral got their attention, then got Alex's. The egg had a crack in it, before it hatched open. A small Snom waddled out of the eggshell, and Rose immediately started to hug and pat the bug Pokemon, as if she was his mother. The Snom looked confused and slightly scared. "Oh, wow! The egg hatched. It sorta looks like a Larvesta. Anybody know what it is?" Alex asked them, thinking it was a sort of regional variant of the Torch Pokemon.

"Alright...I don't think I'll catch an Eevee myself. I've heard they're really popular, and darn useful since they can evolve into so many Pokemon...but...I think I'll catch something else." He shrugged, thinking back on the Mime Jr. in Motostoke. He wondered how it was doing. As they approached the gym, he noticed the tiny Snom that Alex had. "Oh! That's a Snom! Apparently they only evolve when it's nighttime though. Still, they're pretty popular in Circhester, since they're so cute and there's so many of them." He grinned, walking into the gym. He took the gloves Seth gave him, and used them to pick up Scruff. He was still fast asleep, but Salasa was sure that he would wake up during the match. Maybe give him a bit of exposure to battling.

Kia nodded and pulled out her book again. "It's a Snom. A Snom is one of the weakest pokemon in Galar, but one of the most adorable. Look at it! It evolves into Frosmoth when it has high friendship, during the night. An interesting fact, is that Snom and Swinub share the title of lowest Special Defence of all Ice pokemon! It does have an amazing evolution to make up for it." Kia showed the pictures. She nearly smiled because of the cuteness. Mudd looked at Jacks and jumped on his tail. She pinned it down and looked for the cause of his behaviour.

Jacks did not like the fact that he was pinned down, and launched a tackle right at the face of Mudd. Though it did not get very far as he was basically held down. He glared at the water type as if to say let go so he could chase it again.

Seth smiled when the gloves were taken. He loved the fact that his smallest pokemon was also the most lovable. Jacks was a great friend to Frost and tended to bring out a loving side to her. She saw him as a little brother.