• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

I for one would love to see more water type pokemon.

I would also like to see a pokemon that evolves depending what kind of poffins you feed it. Like Febas! only it evolves into a different pokemon, depending whether its Cool, Cute, Tough, Smart, or Beautifull!

And, one more thing, I would like to see an evolution for Dunsparce. Its a wierd looking pokemon, and its just screaming for some kind of evolutionary stage.

I for one would love to see more water type pokemon.

I would also like to see a pokemon that evolves depending what kind of poffins you feed it. Like Feebas! only it evolves into a different pokemon, depending whether its Cool, Cute, Tough, Smart, or Beautifull!

And, one more thing, I would like to see an evolution for Dunsparce. Its a wierd looking pokemon, and its just screaming for some kind of evolutionary stage.

So you mean like... an Eevee-esque pokemon that evolves based on which personality stat is maxed instead of which stone is used/place/time of day?
That's a fantastic idea! I'm all for that one too. :)

That would be a very complex Pokemon though.

So you mean like... an Eevee-esque pokemon that evolves based on which personality stat is maxed instead of which stone is used/place/time of day?
That's a fantastic idea! I'm all for that one too. :)

That would be a very complex Pokemon though.

Not really. Evee isnt very complex, just a bit unstable DNA wise. Its design can be simple, but its evolutions could be unique, but still somewhat resembling the origional pokemon.

Not really. Evee isnt very complex, just a bit unstable DNA wise. Its design can be simple, but its evolutions could be unique, but still somewhat resembling the origional pokemon.

well i didn't mean it'd be like eevee, i just meant it'd have many different forms like eevee. and I meant that the other pokemon would be complex, because if they were going to go with different things like smartness and beauty and cuteness... i'm sure the pokemon would look relatively different from each other, or at least I hope they would. Like I would hope the evolved form would greatly effect the personality stat it maxed out. (like toughness might be a burly fighting type and cuteness might be a smaller like... grass type or somethin... i dunno)

well i didn't mean it'd be like eevee, i just meant it'd have many different forms like eevee. and I meant that the other pokemon would be complex, because if they were going to go with different things like smartness and beauty and cuteness... i'm sure the pokemon would look relatively different from each other, or at least I hope they would. Like I would hope the evolved form would greatly effect the personality stat it maxed out. (like toughness might be a burly fighting type and cuteness might be a smaller like... grass type or somethin... i dunno)

heres what I think;
Tough-ground
cute-normal
smart-dark or psycic
cool-electric
beauty-ice

from what Ive seen, those are the types that produce the most moves that go with their catagory.

I think the reason they made a Scyther evolved form and not a Pinsir evolved form is because Pinsir actually is garbage compared to Scyther, even the good moves he has tend to suck. >_< His only decent move is guillotine and that doesn't work half the time, i'm pretty sure the creators hate him too.

If Pinsir sucks, then it's all the more reason to improve it by adding to its evolutionary line. A superior evolution might make it worth training, and a prevolution might be a chance to change up its moveset with techniques it wouldn't learn as Pinsir.

If Pinsir sucks, then it's all the more reason to improve it by adding to its evolutionary line. A superior evolution might make it worth training, and a prevolution might be a chance to change up its moveset with techniques it wouldn't learn as Pinsir.

I agree, I mean, look at Magikarp. It totally sucks the first twenty lvs, then it evolves into an awsome Gyrados. I think the pre-evo should be some kind of larva pokemon. With butt-pincers. ;D

heres what I think;
Tough-ground
cute-normal
smart-dark or psycic
cool-electric
beauty-ice

from what Ive seen, those are the types that produce the most moves that go with their catagory.

true.. but would it originally be a normal type and also evolve into a normal type? or would it's first type be something else?

hmm.that's a great idea.but since feebas already has one,he should just get alternatives,instead of making a new species.
i was going to make a new thread for this,but since i found a thread that seems suitable,ill post it here.
My Egg Theory

it seems to me,that every pokemon that is over a certain hight that only has one or two stages,has a baby prevo.example:magmar,snorlax,pikachu,jigglypuff all looked pretty ridiculous coming out of an egg half their size.what does this have to do with anything?well let's look at all the pokemon missing one or two stages(besides legendarys)

ratatta
spearow
ekans
sandshrew
vulpix
paras
venonat
diglett
meowth
pysduck
mankey
growlithe
tentacool
ponyta
farfetch'd
doduo......(will finish list in an edit)

my point being that pokemon that look ridiculous being hatched,should have an egg in V gen.case and point:onix.i mean seriously gamefreak,give the poor pokemon a prevo.

also,i read about someone thinking about an eevee/bug?my opinion for a name is aracneon.just think about the name,and i think you will find it to be awesome. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Ideas for Generation V Pokemon...here's my ideas:

- A pre-evolution baby form for Kangaskhan. This shouldn't need an explaination.
- A Fire/Dragon type. Dragons breathe fire, so it seems like an obvious choice.
- A Dark/Psychic type. This would probably end up being an uber legendary, but there you go.
- A Flying-type Eeveelution. That would make it the only pure Flying-type in the game so far, since none of the Eeveelutions are dual-type. A Dragon-type Eeveelution would be interesting too, but that may be just because I like dragons.
- A Fighting/Flying type, since Fighting is the only type Flying has never been paired with.

Now that you bring up eeveelutions...

-A ground type eeveelution.
-A poison type eeveelution.

As for others...

-A Jynx evolution.
-A bug type legendary.
-A pure flying type Pokemon.
-A Dugtrio evolution.

hmm.that is interesting.

what would you call the ground / poison type?
toxeon maybe?i have no idea about the ground type.
i would love a bug type to come out,but as they arent the most popular type,i expect it will have to wait till generation 6 or 7.
arachneon for the win!

I'd want to see a pokemon thats a hawk or an eagle. Something in a bird pokemon that isnt just fluff and cuteness. Staraptor is close, and really cool, but not exactly what I mean.

A ghost type eeveelution could be called Bansheon. Which reminds me, I haven't worked on my fourth Frustration Evo picture yet...

I like the name but I dont see how a ghost eevee would work. Technically you'd have to kill the Eevee or something... or like make it hate you and level it up holding a ghost item.

Actually... that would be interesting... level an eevee and have it hold a ghost item and have it faint in a Ghost Tower or something. Now that would be an interesting twist.

We've seen pig monkeys and flaming monkeys. Now I want to see Flying monkeys! I don't quite know why I want them but I think the concept would be interesting if done right. Maybe that could be the Flying/Fighting type. Just as long as it isn't Normal/Flying.

We've seen pig monkeys and flaming monkeys. Now I want to see Flying monkeys! I don't quite know why I want them but I think the concept would be interesting if done right. Maybe that could be the Flying/Fighting type. Just as long as it isn't Normal/Flying.

Ugh... I am absolutely ruing finding out what the next Normal/Flying Pokemon will be... i wish they would just STOP making them. Then again I think i figured out why all flying pokemon need another class. I think it's because in order for them to use a move that ISN'T a flying type move... they need to be another class. (besides Steel Wing or other Wing/Air moves i guess) but also if something is just Flying Type...wouldn't that technically just make it Air or something? Think about it... alot of other games have flying enemies but they arent usually just flying either. (unless they are an Air Elemental or something like that.) I think the reason the creators of Pokemon havent made a true Flying pokemon... EVER... is because that would technically have to be something that never lands or something. So i'd say it'd either have to be like.. a ledendary pokemon. (like an Air Elemental or something)

OOOOOORR!

A humming bird. =D

Or it could be a humming bird legendary. =D

they should totally make a humming bird pokemon!

They also need more bugs since bugs technicly overun any other species.

and for the next fossle pokemon, they should have a brontasaurus (the long necked ones) and/or some kind of raptor. :3

I think evolutions of Absol, Zangoose, and Serviper would be pretty cool, but than youhave to worry about how strong they might get. wouldn't mind there being a sort of mermaid pokemon, and big cats need to be included like jaguars, tigers, and cheetahs.

ty for reading

The only big cat so far included is Luxray, which I expected to be Dark/Electric. It was a shame when it was only Electric: dark could've given it such an edge and added some STAB to more of it's moves, but there you go.

There was a hoax cheat (the author had made it up for fun) in the first gen that involved a "teenage, rocker looking" male Kangashkan evo. I'd love to see the baby Kangaskhan, then a split for "teenage" evos for males and females, followed by the adult forms. Kinda like the Nidoran family, but it starts from the same baby Pokemon.

A pure Flying type would be interesting too. I'm not too sure about more Eevee evolutions though - it's tough enough raising one when there were five options. Now there are seven (two of which depend on location) and it's getting a bit...well, overdone in my eyes. If I was an Eevee I'd be having major stress issues over what to evolve into!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Hell, they could make it evolve into a Werewolf pokemon and make it Dark/Fighting. I would love that. =D

I love that idea! I've never really liked fighting types, but I think a werewolf pokemon would change my opinion!

I like the Phoenix idea too, though I'd really love a Gryphon-based pokemon. An ice dragon would be a nice change too...

A swan pokemon might be quite nice, although it's type would be a bit predictable...

I just hope they stop making pokemon weird looking (Nosepass?) I liked the originals because most of them were based on animals. I don't like the 'robotic' type pokemon that seem to be surfacing...

I like the fact eevee has so many evolutions, but I agree with Dark Shocktail on the 'overdone' part. I think now they should leave it as it is.

Every Generation introduces us to some notable dual-types--yes, that includes Gen. I as well.

I: Rock/Flying, Water/Flying, Fire/Flying, Dragon/Flying
II: Water/Ground, Bug/Steel, Ground/Flying, Water/Dragon
III: Fire/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Dark/Ghost, Ground/Dragon
IV: Poison/Dark, Dragon/Steel

For Generation V, I propose: Psychic/Dark, Ghost/Steel, and Normal/Ghost.

Psychic/Dark -- we all know by now how Bug-type attacks, let alone *good* Bug STABs, range from rare to non-existent in the Meta, while both prior types have been popular Meta choices. Yes, the prior statement sounds like Bug fanboyism on my part, as my 1-weakness bias is also shown here. I mean, 1 Immunity and 1 Double Weakness seem to be a fair deal, correct?

Ghost/Steel -- it's a Meta-inspired combo. Also, its inspiration is the old tale of ghosts in medieval knights' armors.

Normal/Ghost -- Again, for technical reasons. Three immunities in Normal, Fighting, Ghost plus one weakness in Dark?

Example:

Type: Psychic/Dark
Species: Black Calico Cat Pokemon
Egg Group: Ground
Levels: Start ---> Level 35
Description: The Black Cat Pokemon. It appears to warn humans of impending danger and remind them of their mistakes and correct them.

Type: Ghost/Steel
Species: Haunted Armor Pokemon
Egg Group: Intermediate/Mineral
Levels: Doesn't Level Up
Description: The Haunted Armor Pokemon. It uses its Lance to scare off intruders from its territory.

Type: Normal/Ghost
Species: Random Pokemon
Egg Group: Intermediate
Levels: Start ---> 26 ---> 41
Description: The Random Pokemon. It has a tendency to appear and disappear at will.

As for Abilities, I propose for the following effects:

--acquires STAB, Resistances, and Weakness of the Elemental Attack used, and can be used up to 4 times.

Example: If the Pokemon with this proposed ability used a Bug Attack, it gains the Bug type in its entirety (STAB, Resistances, and Weaknesses). After that, if the hypothetical Pokemon uses a Steel-type, its type becomes Bug/Steel. If you think about it, Bug/Steel/Water/Dragon doesn't have a weakness at all! ;D

--100% Accuracy and cannot be changed.

For the sake of breeding, I just hope that Bug-types would get legally-acquired STAB-able attacks and status (as in, since Butterfree doesn't have horns, it CANNOT learn Megahorn. Period).

Every Generation introduces us to some notable dual-types--yes, that includes Gen. I as well.

I: Rock/Flying, Water/Flying, Fire/Flying, Dragon/Flying
II: Water/Ground, Bug/Steel, Ground/Flying, Water/Dragon
III: Fire/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Dark/Ghost, Ground/Dragon
IV: Poison/Dark, Dragon/Steel

You skipped aloooot of notable dual types.
Ice/Flying, Electric/Flying, (Articuno and Zapdos...?)
Ghost/Dragon, Fire/Steel, Psychic/Flying, Dragon/Psychic, etc.

Your description of the Black Cat pokemon is the exact description of Absol, by the way. lol

I like the name but I dont see how a ghost eevee would work. Technically you'd have to kill the Eevee or something...

Uh... no? Ghost-type Pokemon aren't dead, they just have ghostly attributes. I mean, what else are you going to call a creature that passes through solid objects?

[quote author=Michieru link=topic=1323.msg55078#msg55078 date=1207092062]
or like make it hate you and level it up holding a ghost item.

Actually... that would be interesting... level an eevee and have it hold a ghost item and have it faint in a Ghost Tower or something. Now that would be an interesting twist.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I had in mind, actually. That's why it's called a "Frustration Evo." Frustration also requires an unhappy Pokemon. And since it doesn't evolve like that already having it hold an item is more or less implied. I suggest an item that continuously lowers its happiness, or at least prevents it from rising.

[quote author=Michieru link=topic=1323.msg55133#msg55133 date=1207115925]
Ugh... I am absolutely ruing finding out what the next Normal/Flying Pokemon will be... i wish they would just STOP making them. Then again I think i figured out why all flying pokemon need another class. I think it's because in order for them to use a move that ISN'T a flying type move... they need to be another class. (besides Steel Wing or other Wing/Air moves i guess) but also if something is just Flying Type...wouldn't that technically just make it Air or something? Think about it... alot of other games have flying enemies but they arent usually just flying either. (unless they are an Air Elemental or something like that.) I think the reason the creators of Pokemon havent made a true Flying pokemon... EVER... is because that would technically have to be something that never lands or something. So i'd say it'd either have to be like.. a ledendary pokemon. (like an Air Elemental or something)
[/quote]

A lot of Pokemon can use techniques not of their type, particularly Normal-types. But, yeah, I think Flying-types exist solely to be able to fly. If they had Abilities back then, "Flying" would've been one of them.

[quote author=Dark Shocktail link=topic=1323.msg55274#msg55274 date=1207223033]
There was a hoax cheat (the author had made it up for fun) in the first gen that involved a "teenage, rocker looking" male Kangashkan evo. I'd love to see the baby Kangaskhan, then a split for "teenage" evos for males and females, followed by the adult forms. Kinda like the Nidoran family, but it starts from the same baby Pokemon.
[/quote]

That's an interesting thought. Why isn't there a Kangaskahn prevo already? Ever since breeding was introduced, Kangaskahns have been born with "baby" Kangaskahns in their pouches. Did that ever make sense? Or are we expected to assume that when the baby hatches a level 5 adult swoops in and pockets it?

[quote author=Tim link=topic=1323.msg55307#msg55307 date=1207260120]
Type: Ghost/Steel
Species: Haunted Armor Pokemon
Egg Group: Intermediate/Mineral
Levels: Doesn't Level Up
Description: The Haunted Armor Pokemon. It uses its Lance to scare off intruders from its territory.
[/quote]

Um... I assume by "Doesn't level up" you mean it doesn't evolve...

I for some reason want Croagunk to have a pre-evolution. I just doesn't seem logical for a line of frog Pokemon to not start with a tadpole.

I also feel as if Croagunk could use another evolution. How about a Poison/Psychic witch-doctor frog?

Isnt crogunk already a poison/fighting type? I dont think its possible for it to miraculesly evole psychic abilities. The baby idea sounds awsome though. a little poison fighting tadpole. OwO

Isnt crogunk already a poison/fighting type? I dont think its possible for it to miraculesly evole psychic abilities. The baby idea sounds awsome though. a little poison fighting tadpole. OwO

That makes sense... actually i think the tadpole should be Poison/Water though... a tadpole can't fight. o-o

Polywag is only water and then becomes Water/Fighting later, ne?

And actually yes, types can change like that if you look at certain pokemon. Surskit goes from Bug/Water to Bug/Flying. Although from Fighting to Psychic... nah.. i don't like it. lol

Definitely shouldnt be a different version of Toxicroak. Just a baby. =3

Venopole or something might be an interesting name for a poison baby. =D
or like.. Tadpois or something. lol

I think the Poison/Psychic witch doctor frog should be an alternative evolution using some sort of item, like a tiki mask or headdress.

I feel like I should say something more... How about a Pokemon that uses cards to attack? It could be Psychic-type and use tarot cards.