• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

taking the planning nintendo probably had for D/P, the 5th generation might have some pre-evolutions of pokemon like Smeargle and evolutions of smaller pokemon such as farfetch'd. That's what I'm thinking. I'd love to do a sketch, but my drawings makes shit look good

Arcanine is the only tiger we need.

Ok well it bark but thats cool.

Kecleon Dragon/Normal evo.

NAO!

I got sketches!

Yeah I was going to say... Arcanine is definitely NOT a tiger. lol

Question is... if Kecleon evolved into a Dragon/Normal... would it still be able to change types based on moves? That would actually probably ruin Kecleon if you think about it... because even if the Normal part changes... it'll stay Dragon/Other thing. so then it'll always be vulnerable to Dragon's weaknesses. I like the Dragon/Normal idea.. but I do think that would ruin Kecleon... they'd definitely need to alter his ability if they did that. Not a bad idea, just needs more consideration. :)

Yeah I was going to say... Arcanine is definitely NOT a tiger. lol

Question is... if Kecleon evolved into a Dragon/Normal... would it still be able to change types based on moves? That would actually probably ruin Kecleon if you think about it... because even if the Normal part changes... it'll stay Dragon/Other thing. so then it'll always be vulnerable to Dragon's weaknesses. I like the Dragon/Normal idea.. but I do think that would ruin Kecleon... they'd definitely need to alter his ability if they did that. Not a bad idea, just needs more consideration. :)

I think this would be a really good idea, give the evolution useable stats, and make it a dragon/ xxxx type, so it starts off pure dragon so it can take the majority of hits on the first turn, and then it's duel type change to be dragon + the last type it was hit by. That would make it very useful indeed!

Also a pure dragon type would be useful, that was still OU or BL so it's usable but doesn't have the 4x weakness, so it's not as deadly as the others, but not as fragile either

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Eevee wont get any more evolutions now. It has the major types that were wanted, and you might notice that it's the elemental ones, rather than ghost/fighting/ground/etc.

Eevee wont get any more evolutions now. It has the major types that were wanted, and you might notice that it's the elemental ones, rather than ghost/fighting/ground/etc.

That is true. But I still see elementals eevee doesn't have: wind and earth. Unless they come up with a new type called wind, eevee has a good chance of getting a flying or ground type. It's just me, we will find out in maybe 5 years or so (approximaxly how long it took from the release of the 3rd generation and the 4th generation)

That is true. But I still see elementals eevee doesn't have: wind and earth. Unless they come up with a new type called wind, eevee has a good chance of getting a flying or ground type. It's just me, we will find out in maybe 5 years or so (approximaxly how long it took from the release of the 3rd generation and the 4th generation)

Leafeon is the Earth element.
Ice and Thunder are both sometimes viewed as Wind elements. Depending on what you look at.

I think it would be cool to have another type pair. I mean like, Ice/Flying, except, something like, Fire/Water. Which i know sounds stupid right now, but you know Lotad? He's a Water/Grass type, so theres my idea :p

Also, in the Generation V, you should be able to go to every region (If you want) and collect all the badges, like in Pokemon Crystal/Gold/Silver you are in Johto. But you can go to Kanto too. Just a thought right off the top of my head :)

P

PokeRad

I would love to see a Grass/Fire type that looked like a garden lizard.XD

This is because Garden relates to grass types and many fire types look like lizards. :D

Oh, and I would love to sea a sea urchin and a sea pen pokemon! 8)

P

Pokepok

i would like to see a pokemon with type pairing ice/fire.(sounds weird ,right?)
And something like 'dragon cat ' pokemon.

and pachirisu, plusle and minun SERIOUSLY need their evolutions.

I just want to say that I think the idea of Kecleon becoming a dragon is really stupid and more evidence that so many children playing this game are too in love with dragon types. Honestly its a chameleon! Yes we know that reptiles are pretty much the closest thing to a dragon in nature (hense komodo dragons) but honestly, a kecleon evolution although possibly resembling a dragon would never incorporate a dragon type. It completely removes the purpose of Kecleon, and if you haven't noticed, dragon types are so scarcely included for a reason, they're a ridiculously broken type due to the legendary status of dragons in reality, there will not be a region in the pok

A pre-evolved form of Scyther may be cool, but it would be absolutly funny if it turned out to be some sort of larva pokemon! ;D Pinsir to me is a counter part to Scyther, so it's going to need a metal coat related evolution. And here's an idea on a pachirisu evoultion, how about some sort of thunder-fox?

(I hope no one said these yet.)

I really want a Sea Turtle Pokemon, a Cheetah Pokemon and a Psychic/Flying combination.

LoN_Colossus has already shot down one idea, now it's my turn. Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise are sort of sea turtles despite that they don't have flippers. But that's just me, what about me.

A name for the chatot idea can be Touchatter or Chatan.

I think i know where a fire/psychic pokemon could fit in. I noticed a trend that most legendary pokemon trios end up with a fourth legendary that are deeply connected with them at most a generation later. (Lugia and the birds, Ho-oh and the dogs, Regigigas and the other regis) A fire/psychic pokemon would do well as the answer to Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit. how about it's called Gnomyong? (odd name I know)

I think a fire psychic non-legendary could be very well executed. Essentially it'd be pyrokinetic, aka able to control flames, give it an ability that is a combination of flash fire and lightning rod, or one that repels any fire moves towards the opponent. I'd rather see it with more signature moves than generic which could lead to problems with it either being overpowered or underpowered.
Lets just hope that the next region is volcanic. =)

I'm thinking about incorporating the concept of Yin and Yang into a Pokemon.

Although if it were Normal/Dark (Black and White) It would suffer from a 4x weakness to fighting, yet at the same time gain an absolute immunity to both Ghost and Psychic.

Also what would one say to an evolution for Smeargle. But considering its an evolved form, its stats should be geared towards battle now. It might probably stop learning Sketch as well in favor of other attacks. Well, its certainly less far-fetched than a Ditto evolution anyway.