• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

Well, I got my wish; steel/dragon type. (albeit a legendary) Dark/Fighting would be a nice combo (Rogue type) and hopefully the awaited dragon eeveelution.

Considering Staraptor learns Close Combat; I'm still waiting for the flying/fighting combo. More foxes would be nice too; haven't had good ones since Arcanine (excluding eeveelutions).

Dark/Dragon would be great, but the typing means it'd probably be a legend; although a nice poison/fire (chimera) would be cool.

I've got tons of ideas floating inside my head, but that would make this a very long post.

I'd really like a strong poison pokemon for once! >:[

And I'd say that Arcanine was more doggish/lionish than foxy*... :S

I'd also like more wolves, similar to Mightyena etc.

And different types that can be caught in the very early game... Or start the game in a really snowy place, that kind of thing.

*The literal type of foxy, fools! :p

Yeah, you're right actually; Arcanine isn't a fox; but to be honest, I'm just hoping they make more pokemon as cool as Arcanine.

A little variation on the starter birds would be nice too. A bird with intimidate and close combat is a good start; but a nice dual type rather than normal/flying would be an improvement.

I'd also like more wolves, similar to Mightyena etc.

I think Mightyena's supposed to be a hyena, not a wolf.

Maybe there should be a Pokemon that evolves depending on it's Nature, or maybe on what berry it holds. Or maybe a Pokemon that grows from a mysterious berry: You plant the berry and it grows like normal, but when you try to pick it the tree comes to life and attacks!

Maybe there should be a Pokemon that evolves depending on it's Nature, or maybe on what berry it holds. Or maybe a Pokemon that grows from a mysterious berry: You plant the berry and it grows like normal, but when you try to pick it the tree comes to life and attacks!

Sudo Berry! Ahh! lol

Okay, I have come up with these Ice/Dragon Ice/Dragon Pokemon, but since people here might read my fan-fic, I won't reveal them. What would I like to see? A fighting Lizard pokemon. Or a Microphone pokemon. That would be awesome! Egyptian-based Pokemon! Horus, the Egyptian god, and an Explosive Scarab!

AL has Spoken! *POOF!*

Here's a concept for an early game bird I cam up with. It would be a real good idea to have peafowl Pokemon.

*Tailip

Species: Peafowl Pokemon

Type:Normal/Flying

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female

Evolves into: Tailock (Male) @ Lv. 15, Tailhen (Female) @ Lv. 15

Ability:Early Bird-If Tailip is asleep, it wakes up in half the time of normal.

Appearance: Tailip looks like a baby swan, but with a longer tail feathers, web-less feet, a small hooked beak and a a peafowl's feather crest.

*Tailock

Species: Beautiful Tail Pokemon

Type: Psychic/Flying

Gender Ratio: 100% Male

Ability: Dazzle-The opponent's Special Defense gets dropped by one stage when Tailock is sent into battle.

Appearance: Tailock has the same build as Ho-oh. His tail is similar to that of an actual peacock, but the spots on the tail feathers are kind of like eyeballs that can change appearance in accordance to Tailock's mood. Tailock's main body is bluish-voilet.

*Tailhen

Species: Peahen Pokemon

Type: Normal/Flying

Gender Ratio: 100% Female

Ability:Early Bird-If Tailhen is asleep, it wakes up in half the time of normal.

Appearance: Tailhen is build pretty much like Tailock. Tailhen's feathers are all dusty-brown colored and has a less-than impressive tail as her male counter-part.

@GM: I know Mightyena is supposed to be a hyena, thus Mightyena, but he's the closest thing to a wolf (Perhaps Lucario). I said similar, right?

@David: Tailip sounds like tailow? And I think it should be psychic anyway, I'm sick of normal/flying.

@AL: Definately, more egyptian style pokemon would be awesome. I really think they'll have a scaraby type pokemon (similar to kabuto), or psychic cleopatra/tutankhamun (sp?) type :O! Name ideas: Cleotra (ra can also refer to the sun god)/Kharmoon/Kharsiris (referring to Osiris) etc. The pre-evolution's gender could determine which of them it evolves into, or they could be completely separate. :D

@ZKX: Most pokemon hatchlings are just the same as the first evolutionary stage?

@GM: I know Mightyena is supposed to be a hyena, thus Mightyena, but he's the closest thing to a wolf (Perhaps Lucario). I said similar, right?

@David: Tailip sounds like tailow? And I think it should be psychic anyway, I'm sick of normal/flying.

1)Well, I've seen JoshD1000 of deviantart come up with an interesting concept for hyena Pokemon. And I guess Poochyena and Mightyena are supposed to be wolf/hyena crosses. And Lucario is an anthropomorphic jackal.

2)I have Tailip and Tailhen be Normal-types because they're supposed to be plain (but they do have a small grasp on Psychic powers [like Hoothoot and Noctowl].) And there's no law that Pokemon with similar names have to be related to each other.

I was actually implying that you give it a more original name. The concept is fine, though. Pics?/Ideas for its look?

And Josh's Hyena Pokemon look a little strange and silly to me, but whatever. XD I think they'd be better as darker colours... :p

There needs to be more early psychic pokemon, I thought Ralts was a brilliant idea.

Perhaps a Husky pokemon, similar to Josh's 'Gigglena' would be nice. I especially like its eyes.

I want some sort of Ninja pokemon. Sorta like a black Alakazam witha a sword. It could be Dark/Fighting and be in a three pokemon line. Also no more Fire/ fighting stater. I want something like a Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark and Grass/ Fighting.

A Fire/Dragon would be awesome! Yes, yes, technically Charizard is a Fire dragon..but its Fire/Flying, not actual Dragon type.

Also, Electric/Psychic would be cool-ish.*pictures a Gardevoir with a lighting bolt going through it* Weird...

We need a Pokemon that shoots Laser beams from its eyes ^^ And not psychic waves but like....lasers lol...Ehh, and we also need something to replace the mudkip...

what do you mean by 'replace mudkip'

and those hyena pokemon look like theyre ripped from a movie [or at least the last one (lion king?)]

as for what id want to see, i really like the idea of a dark/fighting ninja, and of the tailip line

someone probably has said this before, but id also like an ice/fighting pokemon [maybe to replace sneasel/weavile (though that would be pretty hard)]

as for the starter types, why not give the waters a weakness to psychics with a water fighting starter? or even a split evolution starter, depending on its gender...

We need a Pokemon that shoots Laser beams from its eyes ^^ And not psychic waves but like....lasers lol...

PEW PEW LAZORZ! lol.

'Nyways... The hyenas that JoshD1000 are based on real hyenas, he put the "laughing" part with them, like in the old cartoons the hyenas would always giggle.
There should be a Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle going on somewhere in the starters. Wither it be it be 2-typed or 1-typed I'd like to see that.
And I'd love to see something wearing a disguise. Kinda like a built-in Substitute.

well, the dark/psychic/fighting triangle couldnt work, because if you start with the psychic, you would have no way of defeating your rival unless you train for like, 3 hours before you even get to them so that you have either miracle eye, or a move that will work on the dark type

well, the dark/psychic/fighting triangle couldnt work, because if you start with the psychic, you would have no way of defeating your rival unless you train for like, 3 hours before you even get to them so that you have either miracle eye, or a move that will work on the dark type

Well...There are other moves a Psychic type could learn...Like a Special fighting move like Aura Sphere. Or some bug move. Or...give it Miracle Eye. What ever would work. And besides, you usually get more Pokemon other than your starter when they learn actual moves...

I was thinking the Starter would start as a normal type, than depending on certain conditions, will evolve into a Grass type, Water Type or Fire type, to eliminate the 'whose your favorite starter' question :D

yeah but then we would have a Which is your favorite starter evo questions. I say we keep things simple:fire water grass til the first evo, Then we give them second types

I'm ok with keeping it fire/water/grass as long as we don't get another Fire/Fighting combo, seriously, blaziken was enough, we didn't need infernape!
Other than that, remember that starters normally start with tackle etc therefore it wouldn't be a huge problem if you started with a psychic type against a dark...

i agree with the tackle thing, but what happens if you start with a psychic type that probably wont learn a normal type move like that, and the dark would probably start with pursuit, which would kill indefinently, so i say just keep it as it is (as they will) and just keep away from fire/fighting, maybe fire psychic or something

Well since the last few posts were wiped off of this forum's memory *mutter-mutter-mutter* I guess this means that I'll be re-posting the last idea I posted in this topic: A Ground/Steel evolution for Donphan that resembles an elephant-tank.

I think that it'd look a lot better if it was like elephantmon just because ever since i saw that guy i thought to myself "donphan evolution, imagine the turbines working in rollout!" (for those that don't know, search it on google)

I've decided I'd like to see a tiger pok

Looks like my suggestion for a female-only Machop or Machoke evolution got lost as well. I will add to that, for some reason, I think it'd be a good idea to have a female-only species of Fighting-type Pokemon. Tyrouge and its evolutions are all male, why not a female species? Or a female-only Psychic species, if you want to be the total opposite of Male-only fighting.

Edit: I forgot about Jynx. >_< Forget the last sentence, then.

Incidentally, why not a Jynx evolution? All these non-evolvers got prevolutions in GSC, and now they're getting evolutions. Maybe one for Jynx will be next.

I'd like to see a Pachirisu evolution. I mean, it seems OK to me as a baby pokemon, but if you take it to the League at a high level, it just doesn't seem right for something that high a level to have to remain so harmless looking.

I want....a kangaroo....
You mean like this gal? ;D
115Kangaskhan.png

IMO I would like to see a shark Pokemon. As far as I know it hasn't been done.

Psyduck resembles said platypus...

sorry, too lazy too look up an image.

In terms of the game system, maybe there can be a job system, like, you start off as a trainer, and depending on the miniquests you choose to do, you could be a watcher (complete the national pokedex), coordinator (get all ribbons in every category) or champion (easiest of all, beat the Elite 4 and the tower tycoon) if you did all miniquests, you recieve the rank of master ;D

I get it! Irony!

319Sharpedo.png

You know, I don't think there's a duck-billed platypus yet.
d'oh!
My mistake, I sat Ruby/Sapphire out, and I just started Emerald. Glad to see a shark after all these years.

Hmm....Gen V....
The "Four Horses" sounds like a good idea. I would also like to see better computer trainer AI.

Hmm....Gen V....
The "Four Horses" sounds like a good idea.

How about something based off of the myth of Pandora's Box? We could either have three legendary Pokemon that have been trapped in a box for centuries that can cause ultimate pandemonium if they were to be set free or have Legendary Pokemon that IS a box containing all of the world's evil.

That reminds me of how a lot of RPGs have "Mimics," which are monsters that look like treasure chests. I'd suggest those, but there's already Voltorb, which look like the PokeBalls you often find items in.

How's about a Voltorb prevolution?

I would like to see a Dark/Water type Pokemon that is based on a dolphin. It can be called Solophyn or something. "Soll-oh-fin." Derives from the words: sinister and dolphin. Sinister dolphin.

Dex Entry: Solophyns live deep in the ocean. The hearing of Solophyns singing foresees storms nearby. (They only come out when it is raining hard.)

Can learn: Shadow Ball, Astonish, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Psychic, Bite, Crunch, pretty much Dark moves and Water Moves.

Solophyn evolves into Sinisphyn using Dwark Stone. (Not misspelling Dark accidentally. I combined Dark and Water.)

Sinisphyn Dex Entry: Sinisphyn travel alone mostly after evolving. After 5 years, they eventually find a mate. After breeding, they leave their mate to be alone again.

Sinisphyn "sin-is-fin" can learn the same moves as Solophyn.

I dunno... I would think dolphins would make better Psychic-types or Normal-types.

How about something based on a mythological creature? A naga, maybe? It could be part Arbok, part Machoke!