• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas on Generation V Pokemon

Hmmm:

A rock or ground armadillo pokemon. (spikes included)

An ice/dragon hybrid. (Arcticguana)

A fire pokemon based off of a bomb. (Can't believe they didn't put that in yet)

A bug type with good speed and attack. Like a mantis with spikes and everything. Sorry to be too vague.

As for myths, you could do a minotaur, a harpy, and an angel? Or even a demon?

Hmmm:

A rock or ground armadillo pokemon. (spikes included)

Well, it might seem a little redundant, with Voltorb and Electrode being Electric bombs.

A bug type with good speed and attack. Like a mantis with spikes and everything. Sorry to be too vague.

[url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scyther_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29]

I'm not a good judge on stats, though. I don't believe we've seen scarab beetles or mosquitos yet, though.

I don't see there being angel or demon Pokemon. Minotaurs, maybe. Harpy... I would've suggested it myself, but I didn't think the appearance would be obvious enough. Look at the Shinx line. Those heads are vaguely human at best, unlike the head of an Egyptian sphinx (and it's not even close to a Greek Sphinx).

As for my own suggestions... I'm sticking with mosquitos. Probably... Bug/Dark, with Levitate ability and draining attacks.

I want to see some more interesting dual types, and pokemon that you can catch early which are GOOD. I'm sick of the beaver/racoon/rat and a flying pokemon at the start.

Perhaps a new type... It's unlikely, but it'd be awesome... Perhaps S.E against Electric or something.

I think being the Champion of the E4 should MEAN something & they should totally bring back the phone. You should be able to face the champion whenever, but get challanged by random trainers, with random pokemon, that'd be awesome 'cause am sick of replaying the E4 like its the first time...

If there's going to be any new types, there should be one that's weak to Poison. Poison is just about the weakest type there is. It's weak to the strongest and most common offensive move in the game (Earthquake) and only one type is weak towards Poison-type moves (Grass).

The Light element has yet to be added, although by some standards it could be Normal, Fighting or Psychic that would represent this type, since Normal is basically white and ignores ghost types, Fighting does crippling damage to dark types, and psychics are completely useless against dark types. If there were a Light type, I suppose it could nullify Dark but is weak against Poison type (a type that until Gen II was sported mostly by the villains)

I would like to see a bird pokemon, with a bit more diversity:
I.e. a basic bird pokemon like a pidgey/tailow etc, but that has the abilty to evolve into any of three pokemon depending on the stat balance much like tyrougue. Possibly a flying:
Fighting
Dark
Psychic.
Heck, I've even done some sketches!
I'll be at Uni next year.... (Y)

I would love to see more Fighting types, Fire Types, and less Dragon types...
I would also love to a Steel, Fighting, Rock and Ground type Eevees~

I made up some new pokemon cause I was bored and I might as well show them:

Darkness: DARK/FIRE get up to Lv.54 ------ Bonefire FIRE/GHOST get up to Lv. 100 (man that would be hard) ----------- Shadowfire FIRE/GHOST

If Magic the gathering got in trouble for making demons I think Pokemon would be doomed by the parents if they did. angel maybe but overall it has to stay pretty cartoony, so like a lil puff angel thing :p Harpy I guess, Minotaur=new evo for Tauros? that would be sweet.

I would love to see more intresting evolution lines like they have in D/P (gender evo, day/night etc.) maybe add a temperature element to the game, like a lil thermometer in your menu. So you could have pokemon that appear in certain temperatures, or happiness rises more when raising a pokemon at its preferred enviromental temperature. Eggs hatch faster when its warm and nice outside. Etc.

I know its a lil over the top but I think it adds depth/logic to raising pokemon.

Minotaur=new evo for Tauros? that would be sweet

So Miltank being Bipedal isn't enough?

Jirachi can be considered somewhat Angelic and Shedinja does have that Halo/crescent going for it...

Most Ghost Pokemon also bear demonic, if not impish traits (case points being..well, most of them)

A minotaur is a fierce fighter, miltank is a humourous pokemon :S

I know the ghost ones are close (emphasis on close) but full demons would be frowned upon by parents.

I would like to see an Electric-Type that's not rare and NOT a rodent. Pachurisu is a Pikachu wanna-be....And how about not naming a Prof. based on a tree. Their aren't any good tree names left...seriously. Prof. Evergreen or Prof. Fig aren't really cool.....not for guy professers, anyway....so if their gonna keep on with the tree names, the should start makin' the professers girls..sheesh.

I think that another legendary should be another god Pokemon (equivalent to Arceus). I was thinking this because if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon, then there should be an Omega Pokemon.

See, Scarabi, I believe the problem is that Alpha would be considered 'main' or, in a way, actually the ultimate one. If they were to make more than one "God Pokemon", I think they could get in trouble by people who aren't polytheists. ... I've no idea what the heck I just said. :p I'm no expert, but it could happen. Maybe.

I don't believe we've seen scarab beetles or mosquitoes yet, though.
I've made a scarab Pokemon. *searches in messy room for binder* *crash* *shuffle*

Scaraboom
Lv. 30\/​
The Beetle Pokemon
Bug/Fire
Ht: 1' 02" Wt: 57.4lbs.
Ability: Sand Veil/Swarm

Excarab
The Explosive Pokemon
Bug/Fire
Ht: 3' 04" Wt: 110.9lbs.
Ability: Sand Veil/ Swarm

AL has Spoken!
*POOF!*

... This is getting old.

just a few new things id like to see

new evolution line of eevee :p
maybe steel(that would look sweet), rock and DRAGON :o

or, you could give it mixed types
like fire/electric eevee type,
i dunno just thinking aloud

anyways, I think the idea of a "light" type would be sweet

I think that another legendary should be another god Pokemon (equivalent to Arceus). I was thinking this because if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon, then there should be an Omega Pokemon.

If you mean a Pokemon representing Death, we already have Giratina. True, it doesn't stack to Arceus's Base Power and sheer versatility, but its a death Pokemon nonetheless. I do hope Gen 5 doesn't spam the Pokemon world with more godly creatures. Sheer power is fine. But Godhood is just ridiculous.

Just for the fact that I think it would look awesome, a grass/flying type hummingbird. No real ideas for its' moveset, but sweet scent could probably be incorporated.

I say an evolution for Zangoose and Seviper! Their rivalry could be more vicious, not just using their awsome tail blade, or awsome claws! I say they could also make a Pokemon with an ultra-long tail and wings (thinking of another rivalry here!). One could be female only, while the other could be male only! I already have sketchs of 'em here at home! :)

I would like to see an Electric-Type that's not rare and NOT a rodent. Pachurisu is a Pikachu wanna-be....And how about not naming a Prof. based on a tree. Their aren't any good tree names left...seriously. Prof. Evergreen or Prof. Fig aren't really cool.....not for guy professers, anyway....so if their gonna keep on with the tree names, the should start makin' the professers girls..sheesh.

Professor Ivy from the Orange Islands episodes was a girl.

I think the only species missing from Pokemon now would be based on mosquitos, centipedes, and goats.

And I was just thinking that if Marowak could evolve, and if Cubone and Marowak could be considered goth or emo, then the next level has to be the most metal Pokemon EVAR! Hence, Marowak could evolve into a Metal/Ground type. We could call it... uh... Prosthmak = Prosthetic (artificial limbs) + Smack.

Someone mentioned a Pegasus pokemon. Even though its not a horse, I would love to see a winged Eevee. Flapeon or Featheon or Angeon. =D

I dunno what Fighting Eevee would be... Fisteon? Jabeon? @_@
Rock eevee could beee.... uh... Gemeon? Stoneon?
Ground ... Dirteon? XD
Bug type?.... i dont even know where to go with that.

Personally I think Eevee's shouldn't go out of being elemental. Flareon is fire elemental, Jolteon is lightning elemental, Vaporeon is water elemental, Leafeon is Earth elemental, Umbreon is dark elemental, and Espeon can technically be considered light elemental. Now i dunno about Glaceon but... that could be sort of considered air elemental i guess... cold air? lol I dunno.

I'd also like to see some more ghost types that are multi-typed. Fire/Ghost Water/Ghost etc

Oh man... Ghost/Normal? Tell me that wouldnt be amazing if they pulled THAT one off.

Just tossing it out there too while on the ghost subject... why does Shedinja only have 1 hp? I know only supereffective moves hit him but half of the types are supereffective against him. And it sucks because you cant use HP up on him. lol

Just tossing it out there too while on the ghost subject... why does Shedinja only have 1 hp? I know only supereffective moves hit him but half of the types are supereffective against him. And it sucks because you cant use HP up on him. lol

Probably to compensate for the fact that only 5 types of attacks can actually hit it directly (Of course indirect damage, like leech seed can still destroy it.)

Shedinja was most likely a gimmick Pokemon, seeing as there are lots of ways to do indirect damage to it, and it has horrible stats anyway. The fact that it only appears if there's a spare slot in the party doesn't really help it either. (Basically, if you're with a full team, you'll hardly ever see this guy when Nincada evolves, it isn't even mentioned when one does evolve)

Although the concept of a second Pokemon arising from an evolution was interesting enough, I'd like to see other Pokemon make use of this and actually come out a powerhouse, if not an equal or opposite to its counterpart. (For instance, when the Pokemon evolves into two bodies, one specializes in Attack, while the other in Defense or Special Attack)

I'd like to see another Magikarp/Gyarados or Feebas/Milotic type of line.

Perhaps a rather puny ant-like Pokemon that evolves into

If MALE- An Eletric/Bug type that's essentially a giant ant made out of electricity.

If FEMALE- A strong Electric/Bug type that's like a queen ant and can use different versions of the 'Order' attacks.

Edit: One word: Liger.

I want them to make a non-legendary/starter Fire-Flying.
Like a Noctowl, but a Pheonix instead. It would only have 2 stages.

Now did you mean non-legendary AND non-starter... or did you mean you WANTED it to be a starter.

cause if you wanted it to be a starter, they'd never have it have only 2 stages.

Yes, I miss May too. Maybe the could have her in one of the Gen V Pokemon movies. (Even if its a quick cameo like Brock had in the 2nd Movie)

Another thing they can do is an iceburg pokemon.

They've never had any actual WOLF pokemon, have they? I mean the Yena's looked more like wolves than Hyenas but they were meant to be Hyenas.

A wolf could be like Dark/Normal or Dark/Poison.

Hell, they could make it evolve into a Werewolf pokemon and make it Dark/Fighting. I would love that. =D

I think a water type starter Poke'mon that's a polar bear but when it evolves it becomes water/ice.

And maybe a snowman Poke'mon, that would be cool.

And a tiger or lion Poke'mon (is there a lion Poke'mon yet? I'm not sure.)

Or a chicken? Duck maybe?

And for generation V, I want to see new diverse Poke'mon types

like a fire/ice type

or

ground/electric (I know it sounds weird but it would like have no weaknesses)

Or maybe just a pure flying type Poke'mon?

Cause they've never had one. Its always paired up with something else.

And maybe a snowman Poke'mon, that would be cool.
We've got Abomasnow for that ;) Well, kinda.

[quote author=seve_guy link=topic=1323.msg49212#msg49212 date=1203873329]
ground/electric (I know it sounds weird but it would like have no weaknesses)
[/quote]Water can be used against that (provided he doesn't get fried first) because Water does normal damage to electric and x2 to ground. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Water can be used against that (provided he doesn't get fried first) because Water does normal damage to electric and x2 to ground. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats correct.

Duck maybe?
psyduckex0.png

Psy-?

I demand an Ice Fighting type! *cough* Karate Polar Bear!!!! *cough*

Oh and a Psyduck and Kecleon pre-evos

Oh oh! and a Kecleon Evo.

They need to make a Pinsir evo/pre-evo. It's like, the ONLY non-legendary without an evolution or a similar pokemon of the opposite gender. That, and Kangaskhan. And they need a baby Skarmory.

As for original lines, I would love to see a steel/ghost type, it would be interesting.

They need to make a Pinsir evo/pre-evo. It's like, the ONLY non-legendary without an evolution or a similar pokemon of the opposite gender. That, and Kangaskhan. And they need a baby Skarmory.

As for original lines, I would love to see a steel/ghost type, it would be interesting.

I think the reason they made a Scyther evolved form and not a Pinsir evolved form is because Pinsir actually is garbage compared to Scyther, even the good moves he has tend to suck. >_< His only decent move is guillotine and that doesn't work half the time, i'm pretty sure the creators hate him too.