• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - Blood and Bones

"I don't need friends." Flowey spat. "Come on Smiley Trashbag, Lizard-Face, we're going to the lab, right? If explosions are involved, count me in!" Alphys sighed.

"AREN'T WE ALL GOING?" Papyrus asked, confusion evident on his face. "I WAS SURE WE WERE ALL INVOLVED IN THIS..."

Frisk looked at Sans, not saying a thing. She hadn't seen Sans interact with the king before, but the way he spoke made her wonder why the king hadn't already lost his temper, but through past timelines, she could remember him having a lot of patience.

"papyrus is right. let's go." Sans said, taking the last SOUL fragment from Mettaton and placing it in the amulet. He then teleported the group, and they all appeared in the lab under Sans' house. "what does gaster want us to use, james?" Sans asked.
"The DI Prototype." James said. "He said it's the one thing that can restore him to being."
"Is he crazy?!" Sans said, shocked. "the determination infuser was what shattered his soul in the first place!"
"With Ghast's involvement, it should work." James said, walking over to a machine in Sans' room covered by a large pink tarp. He tore it off, revealing a high-tech machine that looked like some sort of pod. He pressed a button, and a door swung open.

Flowey started panicing. "Uh, uh... S-s-sans?! The Determination Infuser is going to be involved? I changed my mind, I don't really want to do your stupid mission anymore."

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Asgore watched on patiently as the events unfolded. Things he was unsure of were brought into light. "No, Flowey. You're staying." He said before looking at Sans. "Sans. If this is what will surely bring your father back... then do it. It's been a long time since I've witnessed a miracle." He said.
Mettaton tilted his head slightly. "Who invited the dandelion?"

Flowey took his vines and wrapped them around Mettaton's neck, slamming him into the ground. "Try me, Bitch." Flowey let go of Mettaton and sighed. "I'm not having anything to do with that infuser."

comic

Mettaton looked at the vines fast approaching his neck, and took action, swinging out a leg with lightning-like speed, cutting the vines in half in one fell swoop. "Oho, the dandelion has quite the temper." He smirked.
"Enough!" Asgore shouted, his deep voice booming throughout the lab at Flowey and Mettaton. That was all that needed to be said. Now wasn't the time for internal conflict.

"Asgore's right." James said. "Sans, Alphys. I'll need your help setting up the machine. We'll need a lot of power for this."
Sans sighed. "you're sure this will work?"
"There are no guarantees."
"but it's our best shot. alright, fine." Sans said, teleporting over and hooking up some wires.

Alphys started fiddling with the machine, programming code into it. "Let's get this thing up and running!" Alphys said. Flowey rolled his eyes, latching onto the ceiling and watching the nerds converse.

Papyrus twiddled his thumbs as he watched, before taking a step closer to Mettaton. "HEY." He greeted with a nervous edge. "I LIKE WATCHING YOUR SHOW." He said, still twiddling his thumbs.

"Flowey." Frisk said, hoping to get his attention. She needed to tell him something very important.

comic

"Oh?" Mettaton replied, turning his glare from Flowey to look at Papyrus with interest. "Well? What do you think?" He asked, happy to discuss something he was familiar with.
Asgore remained rooted to the spot, not for any reason, but because he had nothing to do. Not yet. Instead, he watched the others get to work, before recognizing Undyne was near him, also without anything to do. "Undyne." He said, bringing her attention to him. "I need you to explain this situation as you know it, since this may take a while." He gestured to Sans, James, and Alphys. "Start from the beginning." He told his champion.

"WELL... I REALLY LIKE IT!" Papyrus exclaimed, now wringing his hands. "I... WELL, I THINK... I THINK IT'S REALLY GOOD... I ALWAYS WATCH IT! AND... I'M YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN!" He grinned widely at this, making sure to also puff out his chest.

comic

"Really?" Mettaton asked, raising an eyebrow at Papyrus. "Well, then what do you think of my EX form?" He asked, taking notice of Papyrus' nervousness, hoping to make him further flustered.

"WHAT DO I THINK OF...?" Papyrus looked at Mettaton, obviously flustered. "WELL... UM... IT'S REALLY GOOD LOOKING... UM... DO YOU WANT TO BE... FRIENDS...?" He asked hopefully, excited to have a celebrity as his friend.

comic

"Um..." Mettaton was thrown off by the 'friend' request. Had he seriously just been friend zoned? By a skeleton? "Sure... why not...?" A hint of disappointment at the edges of his tone.

"I followed Sans to a door." Undyne said. "We went in, there was a figure that looked like Gaster inside. We tried to fight it. Even with mine, the humans, Sans' Papyrus, and Alphys' power, we couldn't defeat it. But, we damaged it. It turned into... another creature. It wasn't Gaster. It calls itself Ghast, and it's loose in the world. We need to stop it. But we can't do it alone. A human by the name of James came into the underground, gave Sans an amulet. We needed to find pieces of Gaster's broken soul, which were scattered across the land. We have all of them now, and we need to bring Gaster back to stop them." Flowey looked down at Frisk. "Great. What do you want now?" He asked.

"Come here." Frisk said, not as an order, but a request. She looked towards Sans, hoping he wouldn't take notice, as he she was unsure of how he'd view what Frisk wanted to bring up to Flowey. Despite Flowey's attitude and hate, Frisk couldn't help but love the flower for who he was, but also for who he truly is deep down. She'd already gone through several pacifist runs, having saved Asriel each time.

"WOWIE! THAT'S GREAT!" Papyrus beamed at Mettaton. "SO, WHEN IS THE DATE?" He asked with excitement.

comic

"D-date?" Mettaton asked, thrown off yet again. What was this guy's game? First friend zoning, then asking him out on a date?
Naturally, Mettaton immediately concluded this was some sort of trick to make Mettaton appear weak. He wouldn't allow that.
"Well, the first date can be after this is all over. At MTT resort." He told Papyrus, sure that this is all some sort of game.

"What do you want?" Flowey scoffed, rolling his eyes. "The second this is over I'm going right back to my old self. No more friendship stuff." Deep down, even without a soul, Flowey was thankful for what Frisk had done for him all those times.. So, the tongue lashings he gave to Frisk weren't as severe.

"Don't you think you'll be more powerful if you have the human souls?" She asks quietly. "Sans and Asgore aren't paying attention. The souls are just there for the taking." She continued, eyeing Sans and Asgore, keeping her voice low.

"WOWIE! I CAN'T WAIT!" Papyrus exclaimed. He said nothing else as he stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do next. He really wished he'd brought his dating guide with him.

"You won't be Asriel. Not with six." Frisk replied. "I'm just saying... hold onto them until you need them, then you can become Omega Flowey." She said earnestly, still trying to keep her voice down.

A smile flashed on Flowey's face, as he laughed, but it quickly turned into a frown, but one that meant he was thinking. "If I can get the human souls to work with me instead of against me, Omega Flowey could be even stronger... The souls and I would work together to beat Ghast!" Flowey was still whispering. "I'll do it! I might be a hero too..."

"And if things ever get too bad..." Frisk continued, and her soul appeared before her in front of Flowey. "Then the only being that could defeat Ghast would be the 'absolute God of Hyperdeath'." She smirked a little, before feeling a tinge of guilt.
She regretted committing genocide on the monsters. It was all still etched into her mind so clearly.

"Please don't kill me!" Flowey cried, Fr-C-i-HA-s-RA-k recognizing his face to resemble Asriel's, before mercilessly slashing at him, turning him into something less than dust.

Frisk shook her head of the memory, as it disturbed her greatly.

"Let's get out of here. Just the two of us. We'll take down Fox-Face one way or another!" Flowey whispered. "Let's just hope that nobody notices us."

Flowey glances back at Sans, the feeling of guilt beginning to weigh on her shoulders. "I... I..." She finally turned to Flowey, looking into his eyes. He may not be Asriel on the outside, but she could see the same determination her past friend had shown in his eyes. "Let's do it." She gulped, giving him a nod.

Flowey used his vines to sneak over to the door, opening it quietly, and sneaking out, hiding inside the snow. "Come on, human." You couldn't wipe the smile off of Flowey's face if you had a weedeater.

Frisk looked behind her. The others were distracted.
Asgore with Undyne.
Papyrus with Mettaton.
Sans, James and Alphys on the DI.
There wasn't a better opportunity than this.
Quietly, she slipped out, closing the entrance behind her.

"Let's go." Flowey said, making his way down from Snowdin to the Riverperson. "Let's get to Hotland through here." He told Frisk. "Easiest path to the Castle."

Frisk gave him a nod, looking back. Would Sans encourage this?
She shook her head. She was looking for something in each timeline.
The perfect ending.
Maybe this was the path to getting that. Maybe she could get an ending where she saves everyone.
Sans, Papyrus, Asgore, Toriel, Undyne, Alphys, Mettaton, Napstablook, Muffet, Grillby,
Gaster, Chara,
Asriel.
It was too good of an opportunity to miss. She could save them all. She could give them their perfect ending.
She followed Flowey.

Flowey slid into the Riverperson's Boat, saying. "My f-fri-friend and I would like to go to the Hotland Dock, please." Flowey stuttered. The Riverperson nodded, looking forward, waiting for Frisk to get on.

Frisk boarded, giving Flowey a questioning look of his stutter, but not commenting on it, deciding he'd get defensive about it.
Flowey could easily burrow his way to the castle, and Frisk could have taken the boat. Why Flowey was going to this length to remain with Frisk was beyond her.

comic

Mettaton was unsure of what kind of response to make. Papyrus didn't really seem the type to play mind games. Is it a mind game? He narrowed his eyes at the skeleton, before deciding to keep his guard up. Papyrus could just be playing innocent.

"That's... well... hm..." Asgore shook his head slowly. "I was hoping for an eventful day, but nothing like this." He chuckled, before looking back at Undyne. "And this being... Ghast, was it? How do you propose we defeat him?"

"honestly? i have no idea." Sans said. "all of us together and we couldn't hurt him. it's like he's some force of nature."
"We're almost ready." James said, typing a program into the DI. "Alphys, we connected to the CORE? We're gonna need its power for this."

"Indeed we are!" Alphys smiled, typing in more code into the computer. Undyne sharpened her spear, saying, "Ghast is powerful. As far as we know, Gaster is involved in his plan, as Ghast was disguised as him. If we can get Gaster on our side, we might just be able to beat Ghast.

As Flowey and Frisk arrived at Hotland, they stared at the lab door. "Screw it." Flowey mouthed, burrowing under the lab and coming up behind it. "Keep up, kid!" Flowey laughed.

Frisk knew how to get around most of these obstacles, after countless timelines, this was a walk in the park.
She was determined to keep up.

"SO, WHEN WE DEFEAT GHAST, WHAT THEN?" Papyrus asked out loud, leaving the question up for any answer he could get. "DO WE JUST, CONTINUE LIKE USUAL...? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO SOME OF OUR OLD HABITS... LIKE SNOW WRESTLING..." He continued with a nervous glance at Undyne when he mentioned 'Snow Wrestling'.

"...well, ideally she'll let us continue." Sans said quietly. James looked at him strangely for a second. "we're all hooked up - everything's in place."
"Alright. Then let's do this." James said, opening the amulet. The SOUL fragments flew out into the DI, and James closed the door. He gripped a lever and pulled it down. Suddenly, the DI began to slowly light up with power. A loud hum came with the sound.

comic

"Hm. I assume asking him to tea is out of the question." Asgore replied rhetorically, closing his eyes, letting out a sigh. Without opening his tired eyes, Asgore opened his mouth for another question. "When will he arrive?"

Mettaton smirked at the others. They discussed this Ghast being like he was a problem. Of course he would be to them, but they aren't Mettaton. He knew he was just too powerful for his own good.

"Hehe... okay... so, when do we strike?" Chara asked, turning back to Ghast, her evil grin plastered acrossed her face. "Because I'm growing impatient."

Frisk looked about the barrier, It's ominous existence still never failed to give her chills of anxiety down her spine. She turned her head to Flowey as the souls rose from the ground in their containers. It was now or never.

R̴̦̉͊͂͘͝ḯ̷̡͖͘͜g̸̻̈́̉́h̴͍̖̫́͋͝t̶͇̺͖̠͘ ̶̨̙̐̾͆̀ą̶̦̬̒́̑b̶̺̫͙̖̈̐̈́̓͠o̸̳̐u̸̼̾̕t̴̘͆ ̸͕̳̥̫͈͊͊͊͘̚ń̵̦̟̈́̊o̴̳͛̐̆̈́w̷͎͆.̴͎͖͔͌͒̌͆ Ghast said, a grey door appearing in front of the two and opening. Ghast flew through.

"right now." Sans said, smiling as the whirring and lights stopped. The door opened...
...and Royal Scientist/Advisor Doctor W.D. Gaster stepped out of the Determination Infuser Prototype, a mist forming behind him.
"Sons. Asgore. Alphys. It's good to see you all again." Gaster said with a smile.

Suddenly, a black shadow rose out of the ground. The white mask was barely visible from Frisk and Flowey's perspective, but it was obvious who it was.
Ẅ̷͈̮̱̼́͝h̴̻͋ͅy̷̰͎͆ ̷̪̝̈́͊̒h̸̨̲̼͚͙̓́̊e̴̫̞̎̓͝l̶͎͔͗́̈́̏ļ̸̮͚́̓͠o̵̢͍̙͙͋̓̑̊ͅ ̶̡͍̪̳̽͝t̶̙̳̘͊̚͝h̵͙̓͂è̷̳̱̤̒͒́̐r̶̩̗̀͗͂͊͗e̴̡͚̿͒̆͝,̶͓̓ͅ ̷̮̬̱̌̌́͗͠F̸̪͊̋͘r̵̘̼̗͓̖͐̆̿i̵̫̘̤̎͑s̵̡͔̞̥̼̊ḱ̸̼͓͈.̶͙̣̈ ̶̝͒͗͊͝A̷̗͎̬͐̋͘͝͝s̴̩̞̗̯͍͝ṛ̵̈́͝i̶̼̐̏̕ḙ̷̠̕ḻ̸̢̢̪̉͌́̊̾ͅ.̶͈͎̦͓͛͝ Ghast said with a smug smile plastered across his face. The six human SOULs burst out of their containers, floating above Ghast. Y̷͓͍̲̍o̶̥̣͆̎̀̚u̷͙̙̔ ̸̧̔̾s̷̘͍̟̮̀̿̂ḩ̵̾̋o̶̳͆͂̊̕̕͜ͅw̴̝͖̘͕̻̃͗͑̈́̾e̸͇̭̘͆͝d̵͍̤̩̻͎̍̌ ̵̘͂͒̋̏̚ũ̷̥̹̽͌̅͂p̴̠͔̺̗̃̐̎̔ ̴̡͆̀́̓r̴̯̭̞̲̯̀̽́̕͝i̶̞̤͛̄ģ̴̡̞̦̳́͗̈́̂ḧ̵͖̠͕́t̵̢͂̎̇ ̶̛͇̹̰̍i̴̩̗̺͍̟͌n̶̦͑͋̒́ ̵͔͍̥̈̈́͝t̸̮̹̳̞̘́͌i̷̙̫̯̍̾̔̐̊m̸̧̅̆͜ẻ̸̦͙̳ ̴̨͕̰̫̓f̶͉̰̒́̀̕ǭ̴̜̘̺̂͗̂͛r̶̦̂͝ ̷̜̮͚̈̏́̊t̸̡̰̖̱̓́̋h̴͖̱̫͖̳͋ḛ̵͌̓̽ ̶̤̺̮̑̈́̌̊̚s̵͍̎̾̽͗͌ŭ̷̜̭̽ṟ̶̦̼̓͝ͅp̷̹̣͚̞͛̇̕ř̵̯̜͉̞̂̓͗ï̵̠̝̇̉ś̵̐̌̈́͘ͅe̴̜͔͙̱͑̾.̸̺̚ͅ ̸͉̟͋͜C̶̠̖̈́̍H̷̩̳̻̓A̵̰͆̒̾R̴̞̣͖̍̈́͂͠Ǎ̶̙͕͖̾͋!̸͕̹̹̓ͅ