• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - Blood and Bones

"Flowey... that's how it'll be for all of us. But you forgot the fifth one. The one where we win. Where we live." Frisk replied to Flowey. "I know you don't like it. Nome of us do. But he took Chara, and we both know she's going to come for you first..."

Chara made no reply as she continued to inspect this body. She didn't exactly like it that much, bit she'd use it until she could get her own back. For now, this would have to do.

"thanks, alphys." Sans said. "hey, frisk. alphys says there's a gaster door thing near my house. shall we go check it out?"

James walked inside, and saw what he expected to see. A hunched-over, melted-looking fascimile of Gaster. "So which part are you?"
The Gaster simply lunged at him, trying to kill him.
"Hostility, I see!" James replied, creating a turquoise box that trapped the Gaster fragment inside and gave him time to use his amulet to absorb the fragment. "One down." The room began to collapse, so James ran out as the room vanished.

Flowey rolled his eyes. "Good for you. I'm actually considering this." Flowey got flashbacks. Of his idols, of his old friend, and of his parents. Flowey muttered the names of all of them. "Undyne, Gaster, Chara, Mom, Dad..." Flowey's eyes got wide, and he looked up, growling. "Look at me, squirt! I'll help you defeat this monster, but that doesn't make us anything except allies. Capiche?"

"Of course." Frisk smiled warmly at him. "To not being friends." With that, she turned to Sans. "Alright... let's go..."

Chara continued her silent act, growing accustomed to this oddity of a body Gast had delivered her. To be honest, he did a good job. Not that she'd let him know that. But regardless.

Flowey burrowed into the ground, coming out ahead of the pack. He spotted something, so he went forward towards Sans and Papyrus's house. There was an extra door on the side of the house. "Was this door always here?" Flowey asked, taking a vine and opening it, burrowing inside.

Ṱ̷̥̐̕ͅh̶̹̺̀́̿̒̄ͅȃ̷̧̺͓̥́́n̶̗̓͂͘͝͝ǩ̷̲̎̂̿̈́ͅ ̶̼̼̦͌̓͒̍y̵̝̌ǫ̶̛̙̇̑̍ù̷̺̣̯̾̕ ̴̤̑̒̂̅̽f̷̢̲̺̮̏ȯ̴͚̝̖̓̂r̷̩̒̓͆̎̂ ̶͈̮̟͔̄͌͒͝ṭ̸̛͉́̽̀̚ͅͅͅh̴̠̳̻͍̓̓̊̍ȩ̴̎̊ ̴̝͚͂̂̏́c̶̥̐̄o̵̰̥̠̓̐̿̈́m̵̢̲͓͍̰͐̋͛̒̂p̷̘̺͐́͆̀̀l̷̠̹̆̿̀̓̈́ͅi̶̧͚̭̹͒̔̚m̶̢̬̝̩͇̌̇̽̚e̶̮̬̊̑n̵̙̘͇͇̎̀̄̑̕ť̵͓.̵̨̫͘ Ghast said, seeming to just be floating in place.

"nope." Sans replied, walking inside. In there, he saw a malformed Gaster. "so, you must be who we're looking for, then?"
"N-no! Stay away!" the Gaster said, backing away.
"must be g's insecurities." Sans replied.

Flowey burrowed forward, wrapping Flowey in vines, pinning him to the ground. "Go ahead Smiley Trashbag. You want his fragment or something? Seems kinda weird."

Back in Waterfall, Undyne and Papyrus were scouting for Ghast. "Is that another one of those doors?" Undyne asked. She was right, there was another grey door in Hotland. "Shall we?" Undyne smiled as she opened the door.

Sans took the amulet, and tossed it at the Gaster fragment. It was absorbed into the amulet, which Sans teleported and caught. Suddenly, the room started to collapse. "move!" Sans said, teleporting Flowey and himself out. The door vanished as soon as they left.

Inside the door Undyne opened was a Gaster fragment that seemed to be moving about in sporadic, crazy motions.

Papyrus stared at it. "I'M GUESSING THIS IS THE ONE I TAKE AFTER. UNLESS THERE'S A RESPONSIBLE ONE AS WELL." The skeleton stated. "UM... WHAT DO WE DO?"

Frisk looked at Sans. "How many fragments are there?" She asked, looking around to see if any of Snowdin's residents had noticed this occurence.

"I believe there should be eleven total. We already have three collected, and Undyne and Papyrus are inbound for a fourth." Gaster said.
"three, soon to be four once paps and undyne finish up." Sans resumed for Flowey and Frisk. "we're searching the ruins and snowdin."

James took the elevator up to the top of the CORE, and saw a spider lady selling donuts.
"Spider donuts! Get your spider donuts here!" the lady said.
"No thanks. I've got a mission to complete." James said, sensing a door nearby. Across from the spider lady. He touched a pipe, and the door appeared. He stepped inside.

"I believe that's Gaster's Craziness." Undyne laughed. "I'm taking it down!" Undyne grabbed two spears and pinned the Gaster to the wall. "Alright, now... What do I do with you?" Undyne took out a jar. She reached inside of Gaster, taking out a fragment of his soul, putting it in the jar. "It's a temporary solution."

"WELL... UM... HOW'S IT GOING WITH ALPHYS? HAVE YOU HAD 'THE TALK' YET?" Papyrus asked, finding the soul removal slightly disturbing.

"What will doing this accomplish anyways?" Frisk asked, now looking around for more grey doors.

Entering the room, James saw another Gaster fragment there - one just sitting there, thinking.
"Uh... you alright?" he asked.
"What defines alright?" the Gaster fragment said. "What truly is the definition of okay? Are any of us okay? In the grand scheme of things, can any of us truly be alright?"
"...okay, you're Gaster's philosophical side." James replied, using the amulet to take the fragment and leaving.
"SPIDER DONUTS FOR SALE!"
"NOT INTERESTED, SORRY!" James said, jumping off and hang-gliding towards the hotel and the CORE itself.

"well, if we get all the fragments, then we can restore gaster. aside from wanting my father back, he should be able to help us against ghast." Sans replied. "but we're pretty close. we've got seven-"
"Six, James just got one."
"-six fragments left. alphys, can you give me a location on another door?"

Undyne almost turned around and punched Papyrus. "Papyrus, let me get one thing into that hard skull of yours. I'm waiting for the right time. And right now is not the right time."

Back at the lab. Alphys continued to work on the computer, tracking something down. "Yeah Sans, I actually do. One is near Asgore's Castle, another is in Hotland. I'll go and get the one in Asgore's Castle." Alphys got out of her chair, grabbed a suction gun she had for reasons, and headed off.

"UNDYNE! WE'VE DISCUSSED THIS MULTIPLE TIMES! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL... AND... WELL, I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT, BUT I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE YOU LOVE EACH OTHER!" Papyrus declared.

"So... let's go to Hotland?" Frisk suggested, looking at San and Frisk. This little adventure had her worried. It was just a delay for them, and preparation time for Ghast.

"that one's up to undyne and papyrus, remember?" Sans said before the contact was shut off. "welp, she's gone. you able to help us find yourself, g?"
"I am sensing another SOUL fragment down near where Papyrus set up the puzzle Alphys made." Gaster said.
"alright then. alphys puzzle area, frisk." Sans relayed the info. "that's where we'll find the next fragment. undyne and papyrus surely heard that tidbit from alphys, so we'll let them handle it."
(Gotta say g'night for the night, so g'night!)

Alphys continued through Asgore's castle, suction gun in hand, until she reached a big grey door. She opened it, looking inside.

"I know Papyrus. It's just..." Undyne spotted the door up ahead. "We are NOT having this conversation right now." Undyne marched towards the door. She opened it, and told Papyrus, "Why don't you take this one?"

Inside the door Alphys had opened, James was battling against another Gaster Fragment. "Hey, Alphys!" James said. "I found Gaster's strength! Mind giving me a hand here?" James was currently behind a giant turquoise shield he had created while the Gaster fragment was attacking.

"OF COURSE, UNDYNE!" Papyrus puffed out his chest as he entered the new room, looking for the Gaster inside. "NEVER FEAR! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS HERE! SELF PROCLAIMED 5 STAR CHEF AND SOON TO BE MEMBER OF THE ROYAL GUARD!"
He announced proudly to the Gaster inside.

James took the gun, firing it at the Gaster fragment and sealing it inside a green bubble of energy. James then took the fragment and added it to the ones in his amulet.

Inside the door Papyrus opened, was a shriveling frightened husk of a Gaster fragment.

"A-ATTACK IT...?" Papyrus asked warily before looking back at the Gaster fragment. "UNDYNE, YOU KNOW I CAN'T DO THAT. SOMETIMES, THINGS CAN'T BE SOLVED THROUGH VIOLENCE. I BELIEVE THIS IS ONE OF THOSE TIMES." He stated, before walking towards the Gaster fragment. "GASTER? CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S ME! THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" He announced proudly, stopping before the Gaster fragment.

"I-I dunno who you are... just go away... go away and leave me in peace...!" the fragment said, shaking.

Sans sighed, absorbing another Gaster fragment. "thanks for all the help back there, kid." he said.

"I didn't do much." Frisk replied calmly as she looked around. "How many more fragments now? We're wasting every second out here, while he has her, who knows what kind of power he has now... or what he's done to her..."

"NONSENSE, GASTER! I'M HERE TO HELP YOU! WE'RE MAKING YOU WHOLE AGAIN! JUST COME WITH ME, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SCARED ANYMORE!" Papyrus grinned warmly as he stuck out his hand for the Gaster fragment.

"Gaster's fear." Undyne smiled. "Don't worry Papyrus, it's not real. If you take that soul, you can save your father!" Undyne was starting to sound like a school teacher, so she pushed Papyrus forward, saying, "Go ahead. Take it!"

"N-not real... what d-do you mean I'm n-not real...?!" the fragment said, backing up against the "wall" of the gray room.

"if paps pulls his weight - which he WILL, flower - we'll have three left to find. g, any help?"
"Hold on, I'm trying to find one..."

"UNDYNE!" Papyrus scolds, turning to the other monster, frowning, before turning back to Gaster. "PLEASE, GASTER, DON'T BE AFRAID! I WANT TO HELP YOU! I'M YOUR FRIEND!" He sticks out his hand again before the Gaster fragment, giving Gaster a warm smile.

I best get going. Just give me one moment." Alphys said, taking out her phone. The phone rang in Mettaton resort. "Hello, Mettaton? We kinda have a situation... Can you get over here to Hotland?"

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Almost immediately, the phone was answered. "Helloooo, Alphys, darling." The metallic voice of Mettaton greeted. "I was just talking about you!"
Mettaton swiveled in his chair, glancing at the mirror before him, smugly, as he checked out his latest attire. He truly was a fashionista. "Alphys, darling. What goes better with hot pink? Maroon or violet?" Mettaton asked.

comic

"Yes, I think I'm going to go with violet." Mettaton replies before standing up and looking up and down himself in the mirror. "What was that? Sorry, I'm busy right now, as much as I'd love to help you on one of your science experiments, I'm a very busy man, and I can't just..." He trailed off as Alphys' words finally impacted him. "Did you say collecting souls? Alphys, darling. Why didn't you just say that instead of wasting our time with colors?" Before Alphys could reply, Mettaton hung up, and began making his way out of MTT resort. "SMILE!" He shouted at one of his employees while passing, the one who sold Glamburgers. Mettaton never bothered to remember his name.

"I-I..." the Gaster said, not knowing what to say.

"I've found one. Near the entrance to the Ruins." Gaster said.
"alright." Sans replied, teleporting the trio there. "yo, botanist's nightmare. the kid and i have done all the work so far. how 'bout you take care of this one?"

"Fine." Flowey said. He took to the ceiling and lauched friendliness pellets at Gaster. He then wrapped his vines around Gaster's neck and pulled, snapping the skull clean off. He reached inside the body and pulled out the soul fragment. "Happy, Smiley Trashbag?"

comic

"Alphys, Darling!" Mettaton called, coming around a corner and stopping. "What's this about collecting souls?" He asked, before moving his attention to James. "Am I collecting that human's soul?"

Alphys looked up at Mettaton, smiling. "Actually, no. We're on a mission collecting fragments of an old monsters soul. If you see a Grey Door anywhere, go inside it and collect the soul fragment. This is very important.."

"Oh, like the grey door that appeared near my resort? Fine then, I'll make sure to check that out. But will it be public? I don't want to ruin the surprise of my EX form yet." Mettaton asked Alphys, ignoring James' introduction.

"DO NOT FEAR, GASTER! I AM HERE FOR YOU! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING< I WILL HELP YOU! YOU JUST NEED TO COME WITH US! PLEASE?" Papyrus continued.

"Two more? What if the last one is in the Ruins?" Frisk asks as they look away from Flowey's dirty work.

"Violent is my middle name, Smiley Trashbag. Mettaton's found one, apparently."

"No. It doesn't have to be public." Alphys said. "Just... Close the resort for a while and it'll all be okay."

Toriel heard...something. She tilted her head and listened. Voices. Strange...perhaps I should investigate, she thought, heading in the direction the noise was coming from. Soon, Toriel came upon a gray door. Just like the one I saw earlier. She recognized voices. Sans, Frisk, and...oh, dear...one of them belonged to Flowey. She hoped he wasn't harming anyone. Toriel knocked lightly on the door. "Sans? Frisk? What are you doing?"