• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - Blood and Bones

(Discussion/Sign-Ups: https://pokecharms.com/threads/ghastale-the-white-mask-reboot.17472/)

Sans turned to his father, worried. "g, what's wrong?"
"The experiment failed. The CORE has too much built-up energy - it overloaded the Restoration Grid!" the head scientist, Gaster, said, a dark expression on his face. "We forgot to account for the possibility of an overload. It's destabilizing the whole lab!"
"This is bad." the fire man wearing the lab coat said, a strained look on his face.
"W-what can we do, Gaster?!" Gaster's assistant, Alphys, worked out between her chattering teeth.
"Minimize the damage." Gaster said, summoning his extra seven hands. He began furiously typing away at the command console. "I've cut the CORE off from the Determination Infuser. Now whatever feedback will be limited to the lab."
"Best case scenario, the above-ground and lowest levels of the lab will remain intact after this." a fifth monster - another scientist - said, also tapping away at the console. "We've got to get out of here. The power feedback is causing this place to fall apart even now. It's not safe. We're right above the catalyst!"
"We can't! Not yet!" Gaster replied, working harder than ever. "We need to keep the SOULs intact, and we can't lose the little DETERMINATION we have!"
"We don't have time to retrieve them!" the scientist replied, trying to keep his cool. "We need to leave - NOW - before this lab falls down on our heads! Think of your SON, Gaster!"
"Sans, you need to teleport everyone out of here when I say." Gaster said, still typing. "There, the power's low enough that I can safely get the SOULs." Gaster ran over to the edge and sent his hands down to retrieve the four SOULs inside of the large Determination Infuser, as well as the cylinder with some red substance inside of it. As soon as the hands came up, the platform began to shake. The machine began to crackle again, and a part of the floor collapsed - sending the scientist falling to his death. Sans and Alphys gasped at the shocking event. Gaster threw the SOULs and DETERMINATION over to Alphys. "It's worse than I thought. I have to minimize the damage!"
"g, no! we have to leave!" Sans said, trying to stop his father. He was only beginning to learn how his magic worked, and couldn't teleport anyone outside of his range.
"I have to! The CORE itself could collapse in the aftermath, which could destroy the Underground!" Gaster quickly typed at his main command console, trying to drain the Determination Infuser of all its energy. Suddenly... the DI exploded. The shockwave propelled Gaster off of the platform, and hit Sans straight in the chest - knocking him back to the door.
"GO! NOW, SANS!" Gaster shouted, tumbling into the CORE. Sans teleported away - sub-consciously. The last sight of his father was of Gaster falling into the red, crackling abyss.

---

Sans woke up suddenly, sweat coursing down the back of his neck. He was at his outpost just at the beginning of Waterfall. the nightmare again? why does it keep reminding me of that day...? and why did it return after remaining dormant for so long? is it some kind of sign...? Sans broke himself out of his thoughts when he saw a young child wearing a blue-and-purple striped shirt walk in his direction. heh. the kid's getting pretty good at this. it's only been a few hours, and they're already this far. doesn't seem like they're doing genocide this time around, so i guess we can have a friendly chat.
"hey there, kid. fancy seeing you here." Sans said as Frisk walked up to his stand.

Frisk knew she'd be encountering San up here, a smile on her face already as she approached.
"Hi, Sans." She greeted, giving the skeleton a wave. She'd just finished her battle with Papyrus, who had returned home. This time, Frisk didn't do any 'dating' with him, probably hence why she made it through so quickly.

"so have you been doing well?" Sans asked. "no murdery thoughts or anything? ...anyways, that's not what i really want to talk about." Sans said, getting up from his seat. "i'm on break again. you want to go to grillby's? i know a shortcut."

Frisk smiled, giving Sans a nod. She never passed up an opportunity to hang out with the skeleton. She'd been through so many time lines, and he was the only one that didn't repeat himself. He always had something new and unique to say.

Sans led Frisk down a short tunnel before teleporting them both to the entrance of Grillby's. Sans exchanged the regular greetings with all the patrons before sitting down on a seat. As soon as the kid sat down beside him, he started talking.
"so, kid. we gotta talk. and i don't mean about the flowers. we've gotta talk about the last timeline."

Frisk took her usual seat beside Sans, and when he brought up the last timeline, she lowered her gaze, a heavy feeling of guilt weighed on her shoulders.
*You feel your sins crawling on your back.
Frisk gulped as she remained silent, waiting for Sans to continue.

"you remember what i'm talking about." Sans said. "we both have had control over the timeline at one point or another. so we both remember what happened then." Sans remembered what had happened last RESET.

Sans dodged the human's next attack, starting to sweat. What was with the kid this time? Sans knew they was getting good at this, but Frisk had become a killing machine. In fact... this might not even be Frisk doing it. He knew that Frisk had chosen to perform genocide of their own free will - which he found extremely strange - but what if Frisk hadn't had the resolve to finish things at the end? To finish HIM?
And what if something else had stepped in to finish the job?
This philosophy in mind shocked him. But... if it really was his old pal... maybe he could try reaching out one more time.
"ugh... that being said... you, uh, really like swinging that thing around, huh? ... listen. i know you didn't answer me before, but... somewhere in there. i can feel it. there's a glimmer of a good person inside of you. the memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing. someone who, in another time, might have even been... a friend? c'mon, buddy. do you remember me? please, if you're listening... let's forget all of this, ok? just lay down your weapon, and... well, my job will be a lot easier." Sans looked at the human, and saw the hold on the blade loosen...

Then the 'human' slashed at him again.

Sans dodged away, sighing. "welp, it was worth a shot. guess you like doing things the hard way, huh?" Sans continued fighting with all he had. However, he kept talking. He knew he wasn't fighting Frisk... so he didn't have to hold back. But he still wanted to talk. "sounds strange, but before all this i was secretly hoping we could be friends. i always thought the anomaly was doing this cause they were unhappy. and when they got what they wanted, they would stop all this. and maybe all they needed was... i dunno. some good food, some bad laughs, some nice friends. but that's ridiculous, right? yeah, you're the type of person who won't EVER be happy. you'll keep consuming timelines over and over, until... well. hey. take it from me, kid. someday... you gotta learn when to QUIT. and that day's TODAY." Sans teleported to the other end of the corridor and used his hood to wipe the sweat off his head. "cause... y'see... all this fighting is really tiring me out. and if you keep pushing me... then i'll be forced to use my special attack. yeah, my special attack. sound familiar? well, get ready. cause after the next move, i'm going to use it. so, if you don't want to see it, now would be a good time to die." Sans unleashed an extremely rapid and powerful volley of attacks to try and kill his enemy. To kill IT. "well, here goes nothing... are you ready? survive THIS and i'll show you my special attack!" Sans unleashed a stronger volley. Somehow, IT survived. "huff... puff... all right. that's it. it's time for my special attack. are you ready? here goes nothing."

Sans stood there and waited. IT was trapped in a box, so IT couldn't attack him.

"
yep. that's right. it's literally nothing. and it's not going to be anything, either. heh heh heh... ya get it? i know i can't beat you. one of your turns... you're just gonna kill me. so, uh. i've decided... it's not gonna BE your turn. ever. i'm just gonna keep having MY turn until you give up. even if it means we have to stand here until the end of time. capiche?
you'll get bored here. if you haven't gotten bored already, i mean. and then, you'll finally quit. i know your type. you're, uh, very determined, aren't you? you'll never give up, even if there's, uh... absolutely NO benefit to persevering whatsoever. if i can make that clear. no matter what, you'll just keep going. not out of any desire for good or evil... but just because you think you can. and because you "can"... ... you "have to". but now, you've reached the end. there is nothing left for you now. so, uh, in my personal opinion... the most "determined" thing you can do here? is to, uh, completely give up. and... (yawn) do literally anything else." Sans waited. And so did it. The only problem was... Sans was getting tired. IT wasn't. Sans started to fall asleep.
It started to push the clear, magic box, moving it closer and closer to Sans. As soon as he was in range... IT attacked.
Sans dodged behind it. "heh, didja really think you would be able-"

It slashed Sans across the chest.

Sans gasped in shock. How? It had moved faster than any human was physically capable of.
This meant it wasn't human.
"...so... guess that's it, huh? ... just... don't say i didn't warn you. welp. i'm going to grillby's." Sans said jokingly, knowing they would be his last words. He stumbled over to the side, clutching his chest. Using his other hand, he took out the red scarf he had been holding inside his sweater.
"papyrus, do you want anything?" Sans asked, as he started to dissolve into dust.

Then he heard something weird.
Crying?

Sans glanced over at the human. A single tear drop ran down the side of their face. Frisk? Sans knew that if there was any hope of saving Frisk... he would have to give all that he had.

Sans tossed the DETERMINATION he had to Frisk in a ball of light, it streaking through the human's back.

Sans sighed, accepting his fate. He had tried his best to stop it. But hopefully, he could still save Frisk. Frisk was the only one who could save them.

---
A white glow emanated from Asgore's castle. Miraculously, Sans had yet to fully disappear. He smiled as the warm glow of the RESET covered him and restored the timeline to how it had been before...

"being real here, kid." Sans said, his eyes vanishing, leaving his skull completely black. "What the hell happened back then?"

Frisk whimpered slightly, still avoiding Sans' eyesockets. "I... I..." She said as her eyes began to swell with tears. She'd been able to reset, right before IT could gain total control over her. She still wasn't sure how it had happened, but she didn't waste the opportunity.
"I... don't know..." She finally answered, doing her best to sound earnest to him.

"not good enough, kid." Sans said, turning away from Frisk. "you know what that flower said, right? kill or be killed? for whatever was inside of you, that's certainly correct. so i need to know your connection to it - NOW - or-"
Sans froze in the middle of his speech. the door! but i already handled him...!
"sorry, kid. we'll talk more later." Sans said before teleporting away with a flash of blue fire.

Frisk was left quivering on her seat as Sans disappeared.
She looked towards the door, deciding to wait for him. Maybe he'd appreciate her patience.
And Papyrus walked through the door.
"IS SANS HERE!?" He yelled. The bar fell silent as everyone turned to him. Grill by replied by shaking his head.
"NYEH! HE WILL PICK UP HIS SOCKS!" The skeleton yelled before disappearing back into Snowdin, with a friendly wave at Frisk.
"BYE, TINY HUMAN!" With that, he was gone.
The bar returned to its normal state, but Frisk was still anxious and afraid. What could she tell Sans? Even she wasn't sure what had happened to her. She assumed Sans knew more than her. Maybe not...

Suddenly, a voice seemed to come from... somewhere? But nowhere. It seemed like only Frisk could hear the voice, which was extremely strange.

H̴̙̻͍͂͌̾̚͜͠͝ͅe̸͈̣̼̪͓̓͠ͅl̷̹̅̍̈̈́̂͝l̶̤̅̔̀́ǫ̷̰̩̦͔͐͐ ̷̥̬̱̇̇̚͝h̸̻̾͑̏͝ú̸̘͍̤̜̦͇̏͐͐̂m̷̛̳̜̑̋̂͋͝a̷͚̟̣̍̾̈́̂ͅn̷͖̣̝͆̏͊.̵̛͙͓̪͇̋ ̴̡͚̬͇͓͌̔̉M̷̧̝͕͓̻̗͌̂i̸̗̔̅̍̾n̷͂̀̍̆̚͜͠d̴̯̄ ̴̨͙̿́̈́c̴͇̯͖̑̿͘͜͜o̴͖̥͔̖̊̒͊̂͂m̴̺̻̻͔̦̘̾̔̽͋͝i̶̯̩̾ň̵̠͋̃̍̃g̸͚̚͝ ̶̹̮̗̻̽ͅt̷̫̙̝̽̉̀͝ó̷̥̆̆ ̸̰͈̔͌W̵̙̥͍͈̪͑̋̀̈̾̕á̸͉͑̾͘ṱ̸̯̋̈́̈̚̕e̴̹̦̚͝ŗ̸͈̖͔͎͍͌f̶̢̼̬͖̍̈̈a̴͓̳͖̅̈́͋̏̊̈́͜l̷͊̈́ͅl̶͙͘ ̴̛̟̞̥͛͛f̶̛̝̆̒̓͜o̸̺̅̋̊̚r̴͓̦͕̮͌̇̃́͐͜ ̵͔͚̜̖̯̈́͐͜a̶̛̹͕͙̔̒̇ ̵̼͚̖̽̄͊̒w̸̛̻͂̕h̸̗̍̇̃̐͊i̷̪̳̳̍̈́͜ͅl̶̪̗͐̑e̵̡̥͈̜͆̓?̸̡̙͈̻̞̺̉

Frisk looked at Grillby.
He continued his current task as though nothing had happened.
Frisk could only distinguish 'human', 'meet', and 'waterfall'. This was new... and frightening... maybe it was Sans? She doubted it, but... it was worth a shot.
Standing, she left Grillby'so without a word to anyone, headed straight for Waterfall.

Undyne had been doing her rounds around waterfall. Papyrus hadn't come back to deliver her the news about the human yet. She stood on top of her hill, looking around. Undyne spotted something. It was a door. And there was a figure approaching it. She jumped off the hill and ran years the door, seeing Sans. "Hello Sans." Undyne said. "Why aren't you at your post?!" Without waiting for an answer, she looked at the door. "I've never seen this part of waterfall before..."

"i'm on break." Sans said, replying to Undyne. "and if you're wondering what this door is, don't ask. you don't want to know. i've encountered this door before. the only things behind it are darkness, nightmares and bad memories. ones i'm forced to confront each time i come here."

Undyne laughed, drawing her spear. "I know nightmares better than everybody else. Just let me..." She could tell Sans was serious, so she scoffed and put away her spear. "Fine. Just tell me if you see the human, Sans."

"I'VE SEEN THE HUMAN!" Yelled a voice behind the two at a distance. "UNDYNE! UNDYNE! I'VE MET HER!" Papyrus yelled, appearing around a corner, face lit up in excitement as he jogged towards them. "I LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU, AND..." He stopped as he noticed Sans. "AHEM. SANS. SOCKS." He stated. "ANYWAYS, THE HUMAN IS NICE, UNDYNE!"

"sure. if i-" Sans was saying when Papyrus ran up, blathering his mouth out as usual. He froze in shock. no. no no no, these two can't be here. "undyne, can you take my brother elsewhere? i have to deal with this alone." Sans said, his eyes black again.

Y̵͖̺̹̪̘͒̽ẽ̷̢̤͑̌s̷̱̺̪̼͎͆͑̿̏͝,̸̜͋́͒̀́͘͘ ̵̺̰̰͔͍̱̠̍̎̆͠ͅg̶̮̔͑͊̏͝o̸̩͎̫͇̞͒ ̶͚̇̽̃̆͒͂̚͝o̴̮̙̫͇̓̕͜ͅn̶̗͕̜̳̰̪̂͒̽̂̑͂̚͠,̸̡͌̍̂̔͒͐ ̷̱̙̉͋̃̌͂ḧ̷̡̗͚̯́͛̑ǘ̴̡̺̣̟̞̘́̈́͂͗́͠ͅm̸͚̄̿̂̈̎̏͂͝ạ̶̦̔͑͊͋͐͛̈́ñ̴̳̓̄̕.̷̛͈̩̟͍̤̲̻̏̌͊͜ ̵̡̧̬̞͔̂͊̉̍́͘Y̷͓̪̐̊͐̓̍̀͒̓ȍ̵͇̭ȕ̸̧̟̮͓̹̳̰̈́̔͆͋͝r̴̙̒̾ ̴͎̬̝͉͉͕͎̿̒͋f̴̫̪̥̗̘̆̈̀̈́͝r̷̨̩̞͇̙̙̪͆͂î̴̫͠ë̵͇̳͔͚́n̸̖͉̼̽́̂d̶̡̼͍̝̾̓̓̀̊͝ͅṡ̷̥͎͒̽͊́ ̶̡̹͔̜̲̪̆̎̽̕͝ǎ̷̧̮̩̝r̸̟̩̹̪̆͋͊͘e̵̼͆͊̀̍ͅ ̴̨̳͖͇̗͓̬͔̿͂̽̅̓w̶͙̰͍̳͖̭͌̈́́̔̎͘a̷̧̲̤̞͖̯̼̟͊̌̐̃̈͘ỉ̶̹̬͚̪̇͐̈́̿̈́́̿t̸̡̝̠͑̈́̒͐̽̊̐͆i̵̖̜̤̩̤̱̓͑͗n̴̢̖͒͝g̷̹̳̖̜͕͈̜͕͒ ̸͙̜͚͍͚͈͇̈͝f̸̘̹̩͍̘̰̋͘͝ó̵͇̤̓͝r̶̢͔̳̺̉̽̈́̂̓̆̕ ̷̡̫͕̯̖̜͖̬͗̈́͂͋̈̉̕͠ỹ̶͈̖̪̠̲̓͜o̷̰͗̽̉̿̈͆u̸̯̳̫̮̪̰̍̏̿̾̇͘.̷̥͚͋̍̎̈́͘ The voice said, leading Frisk deeper into Waterfall.

"Human? Nice?" Undyne burst out into a fit of laughter. "Papyrus, Human and Nice don't go in the same sentence together." She motioned Sans in Sign Language. It was a secret code the 2 had, saying 'I'll have him take me to the human. I'll make sure he doesn't come back if you don't want him too.'

"BUT... BUT UNDYNE... SHE LIKED MY SPAGHETTI! SHE'S MY FRIEND! WE'RE BESTIES!" Papyrus says eccstatically. "ALSO. WHAT IS THE DOOR? I'VE WALKED BY HERE A MILLION TIMES! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT DOOR BEFORE."

Frisk continued, feeling concern now. For what, she was unsure of, but it couldn't be good.

"nothing you should be concerned with." Sans said. "mind going with undyne? just something i gotta finish up here." Sans opened the grey door, stepped inside, and closed it behind him.

Sans looked around at the familiar room. Nothing but white and gray all around him. At the other side of the room, he saw a mass of shadows. It turned to reveal a fractured circular face.
"so... shall we get started?"

Undyne sighed, looking Papyrus straight in the eyes. "Sans has to go back to work, Papyrus. Come with me, and show me where the human was." Undyne but back on her Royal Guard mask and walked forwards, worried about what Sans was doing.

"SANS..." Papyrus frowned, but his face betrayed concern. "HM... ANYWAYS, UNDYNE. THE HUMAN IS SMART TOO! SHE GOT PAST ALL OF MY PUZZLES! INCLUDING THE ONE DR. ALPHYS MADE!" Papyrus exclaims turning to Undyne and following her.

"Even Alphys's trap? They must be smart. Where was the last place you saw them?" Undyne looked around, pulling out her spear as she crossed the bridge. She was still very concerned about Sans, but she promised herself that he would be okay, and that if he wasn't she would bust through the door and dropkick something.

"IT WAS AT GRILLBY'S! I GAVE HER A FRIENDLY WAVE! I TRIED TO DATE HER EARLIER BECAUSE WE'RE BESTIES NOW, BUT... SHE DIDN'T SEEM INTERESTED, WHICH IS OKAY WITH ME." Papyrus began blabbing, ceasing this thing called speech.
"I MET THEM JUST EARLIER THIS MORNING AND CHALLENGED THEM WITH MY PUZZLES! THEY EVEN LIKED MY JUNIOR JUMBLE! AND THEN, I FOUGHT THEM AND WE BECAME FRIENDS."

Undyne sighed at Papyrus's sheer... Let's just say Papyrus-ey sense of friendship. Suddenly, she motioned Papyrus, and hid in the shadows across the wall. "I see them." Undyne whispered to Papyrus. She pulled out her spear, but quickly put it away. "Let's follow them. They could lead us to something interesting."

Papyrus pouted. "WHY HIDE..?" He said as quietly as possibly for Undyne's sake. "SHE'S MY FRIEND... THIS DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT TO ME..."

Frisk continued on her way, before eventually reaching a door. She doesn't ever remember this door being here...
Looking left, the right, and noticing no one, she grabbed the door knob, slowly turned it, and opened the door, walking inside out of curiosity.

Undyne motioned Papyrus, before she followed Frisk down the road. She lead Undyne and Papyrus to a door, hiding in the shadows. Frisk went inside the door, so Undyne walked forward, muttering, "This is the same door Sans went in... What is happening?" Undyne took off her mask and put her ear up to the door.

"WHAT DO YOU HEAR!?" Papyrus asks enthusiastically as he stood behind Undyne, his face displaying confusion and interest. "WAIT... SANS WENT IN THERE..." Papyrus adds, brow furrowing in thought.

"I hear Sans, and someone else in there... Now shut up and let me listen." Undyne heard more sounds. Sans and the unknown other person's voice. Sans was shocked, and the other person was happy. Undyne looked back to Papyrus. "I'll give it 5 Minutes, then I'm Bursting in."

Sans dodged the black spike, sending three more bones towards the figure. The black figure stabbed its black spikes through the tentacles, snapping them in half. Suddenly, the door opened and Sans looked. Shocked, he saw Frisk. "FRISK?! get out of here! NOW!" Sans had his blue eye out.

P̶̘̄͊̿̈̈́è̸̲̍͝ṟ̵̀f̷̙̝̭͉̞̎͊͝ē̶̤͕̿͒́̾ĉ̸̛̞̭͑̓͝ͅt̶̺̋̄.̶̪̰͕̈̀̀̈́ ̸͙̞̭͇̾͋͠E̸̟̯̮̒x̷̬̭͎̭̪̀͋̀̚ą̸̹͌ç̶̇ţ̷̯̘̭̠̎̀l̴̼̼̊̚̕͜y̵̩̻̿̐͊̐ ̶̻͕̖̖̙̓̆w̷̡̦̺͑͆͗̎͝h̸͕̊á̵̽͌ͅt̸̜͈̥͙̯͒͋̾͠ ̵̪̪͈̍Ĭ̵̛̹̟̘̠͍̋̒̎ ̶̛̳̜͇̪͛͆͊̍w̷̨̛̤͈̳̙̌͝a̸͈̣̋̒̈́n̵̢̋̐t̴͓̘̅e̶̟̣̒̈́̈́̂͘d̶̪̽̓̀̆̅.̶̙̭̺̃̋̀ The figure said, two black tendrils grabbing Frisk and pulling her towards him. Ḩ̸̗̲̯̿̂́̋̓e̷̘͕̜̋̋̒̕l̸̰̬̍͒͐͊̒l̵̮̯̼̳͖̒ö̶̡̪̯́͊̑,̶̹̤̐̈́̀̓̕ ̵̙̥̱̾̍̓c̸̰͔͔͒͜h̴̢̲͋i̶͇̗͗̉̆͐̏ļ̵̝̭̖̜̂d̴̖̜̹̓.̵̺͕͎͉̺͌

Undyne looks at Papyrus, saying, "Who's... Frisk?" Undyne growled. "I want to see what happens. I'm going to kick some serious butt if this guy lays a hand on Sans..."

"OH NO! IS SANS IN TROUBLE!?" Papyrus cries, his hands grabbing Undyne's shoulders tightly in fear.

Frisk tried to escape it, but the tendrils kept ahold of her, disallowing her to succeed. She looked fearfully at Sans, silently begging for an answer and help.

Undyne growled. "There's a threat in there... If Sans doesn't come out with the human, I'm going in." Undyne heard sounds of fear, looking at Papyrus, beyond worried. "Stand back for a second." She said.

"oh, crud." Sans summoned two bones on either side of Frisk, opening the tendrills and allowing the kid to escape. "frisk, go. this guy is trouble."

Ḋ̸̠̪͈̮̒̈́͘ò̷͕̳̼͎͆n̶͈͎̊'̴͎̿̀̆̀ṫ̴̳̰̫̠͒̇͘ ̸͇̈̑̽̄̃ͅl̶͇̼͇̂́͌̏e̸͙͎̳͌͛ͅa̴̰̦͊̃v̵̞̬̝͆̽̀͜ë̵̥̅͑̊̈ ̸͍̝̩͕̰̍ý̶͖̪̮̈́͊͜ȩ̸̩̘͐̐͠t̸̢̛̫͍̯̦̄́̋̌,̷͓̯͎̳̰̇̍̊̀ ̸̢̗̠̆̃̓ͅF̴̩̮͊r̸̝̺̾̽̅̈́͋ȉ̸̝̿̌͋̄s̵͉̏̉́ḵ̴̗͚̲̍̄͗̅̐ the voice said, which Frisk could now tell was coming from the shadowy figure. T̶͔̣̈́̌h̷̙̜͓̝̣͒͊ḙ̵̖̱̽͌͝ ̴͕͋̌p̸̧̹̗͇̐͛͐̔͠a̵̘̖͙̥͒̃̓̐r̷̢̜̦̲̍͛̎t̷̜̿̍y̸̢̜̤̬̆'̵̠̎̉̓́̈́s̶̤̫̥̉́̊ ̷̭̩̱́͒̃̏ò̶̮̎͑ṉ̸̝́́́ḽ̶̺̿̀y̸͐̌̀̋ͅ ̷̯̥͚̳̐̾̑̕g̸̛̩̽̂ę̵͚̱̎͋̿͛͑t̸̖̖̱͑̇̀t̶̞̮̒͂͠i̴͉͍̣͚͛̊͋n̷̼͔̻̈́́g̷̜̑̔̓͝͠ ̴̞̰̟̃͑͜ṡ̶̥̓̊̚͝t̴͔̯͉̦̎̍͠a̷̻̣̎̈́̆̐̅r̴̲͍͈̈̑̈́͂t̵̯̻̗̥̐͗̚ë̸͚̟̌͒̒̕d̷̼͍̳̘̱̉̀̈́.̶̨̡̠̯̗̾͐.̴̫͕̥͚̇͑.̶̠͗̏̊̾̊

Sans summoned two Gaster Blasters, which fired at the figure. Two shadowy tendrills deflected the blasts, sending right at the door. It blew a large hole in the grey door, going straight through to Waterfall.

Undyne pushed Papyrus out of the way of the blast, growling. "NGAHHH!!!" Undyne burst into the door, throwing a spear towards the shadowy figure. She motioned Papyrus, Sans and Frisk to her side, staring the creature straight in the eyes. "Sans... Whatever you do, don't let this thing escape."

"What are you doing here?!" Sans said, creating a Gaster Blaster over Frisk to protect them. "listen, i can handle him. frisk being here changes everything. you've never met her before, undyne - not in this timeline, at least. but you have to protect her while i take him down."

Ẇ̴͕̟͕̫́͛̔͜h̴͙̤̔̓͑y̵̛͓̣̋͊͊͒ ̴̠̪̪͂̾̓Ş̶͍̦̤̖̀a̴͙͎̖̫̪̐́n̴̟͋̄͒̂͝s̴̖͙̔͝,̶̢̼̣͕̐ ̷̗̥̔I̷͍̞̞͓̔͜'̴̺͖̂m̵̼̖̺͖̠̉̌̓̀͘ ̴̧͖̟͓̈́å̷̰̞̗̝͋͐f̷̦̌̇̃̕r̷̥͚̱̥͊͛̈́ạ̶̗͈̽̓̓̿̕į̶̯̻̙͎͝d̴͎̺͂͝ ̴̨̠̄̊ͅͅͅI̶̢̹͕͇̩̐'̸̨̳̘̰̑̉m̷̹̻͛ ̷͓̓͝n̶̙͚͑o̸͍͕͙͗̍̈́t̶̨̓͋͐̉̄ ̷͔͖̙͊̇̅͐̄t̷̡̢͉̬́͐͑ͅh̶̹̙͔͎͎̿͘é̴̡̖ ̷̩̝̣̪͋s̷̱̖̀̔͘a̶̧̗̘̬̽̏̊̅͑͜m̷̗͊͒̇̑ẽ̴͓̉̄ ̶̨̭̠̥̹́̓p̶̼̖̼̍ê̶̙̮̦̞̟̈r̸̠̪̱͈͐s̵͙̬͔͎̅̃͊ö̵̺̤̖̞̮͛͝ṉ̸̹̂̋̊̅ ̸̖̬̎̐̅̇́͜y̸̛̘͓̹͉͍o̶̭̙͔͙͗̈́͒̈̚ų̷̻̼̏̿̃̐̈́ ̷̛̼̤̰̺͙͐̐f̴̹͓̱͑͒͠ö̷̡͎̘́͊ȕ̸̢̠̩̥̌̈g̴̡̣̳̠͚͑ȟ̴̨͔͗t̸̫̲̍̊͑͊̅ ̶̗̃̔̅͛̃b̶̩̠̂͝e̶͕̳̘͓̓͗̚̕͠f̸̣̝̯̊͝ỏ̶̰̪͋̉͝r̷̹̩͖̿̓ẹ̶̹͒͘.̶̠̓̀͜. The shadowy wraith said, sending a swarm of black tendrills in all directions. Sans deflected the ones headed towards Frisk and himself, but had to trust Undyne to help herself and his brother.

Undyne Jumped infront of Papyrus, letting her Armor take the hit for her. Not a scratch. Undyne chuckled, before turning around. "Frisk.. So that's the humans name." Undyne stands next to Frisk, drawing her spear. "Listen punk, this doesn't make us friends, but there's a bigger stake at hands. Take Papyrus, and leave, now. We'll handle this guy." Undyne looked at Sans, a glow in her eye, before rushing towards the figure, spear in hand, before creating several smaller spears that she through at him.

Frisk looked up at Undyne, worry etched a crossed her face.
"NO." Papyrus said. "I'M STAYING." He stated, planting his foot firmly on the ground.
Frisk looked towards Sans, before quickly attempting to race from the dark room.

A̷̫͎̥͝h̴̝̦͗̾̋͘,̴͍̎̃͝ ̷̧̩̦̓͗́̐̇a̴̧̤͎̝̥̒ḥ̷̡̮͋̇͠ͅ,̶̨̳̤̟̜̂̎͂̌ ̵̳̭̏̅ą̶̜̹̱̆h̸͎͘.̴̢̟̿̃͛͌. the figure said. Suddenly, a black wall came up, blocking the door. Ī̸̘'̶̧̼̄͐̉̀͝m̵̝͊̃͒ ̸̹̉̾͝͝n̴̺̲̫̖̅̔̂̍̚o̷̻̐̄͗t̶̡̥̠̥̼͒̋ ̴̲͖̹̳́d̴̨̘͙̺͑̏͊̃̀ͅo̷̤̬̼̺͖̚n̵͔̼̑͊̑͗̎ề̶̢̼ ̸̱̌͌̋̔̚͜w̷̡̨͈̖̝̃͊ḯ̵̺̠̔͐̄͝t̷̤͋̌͊̀h̴̠͑ ̴̛̘̣̔̋̈́̕y̵̮̯̯̖̿̄̕o̸̪̗͕̟̹͂̈́u̵͈͠ ̴̻̲̩͚̌͆͑͑̃ȳ̷̹̘̻̓̔̿̕ȇ̵̺̝̓͑t̴̫́͒͠.̴̬͑́̿͝

"no, paps!" Sans said worriedly. "you can't fight him!"

I̴̡͇̘̻̕ ̷̛̹̳̖̦͍ḑ̶̒͛ͅö̷̖̤̣̅̉n̶̫̯͉̈́̂'̴̧͇̟̟͙̀͗̐̈́̅t̸̨͎͔͓̀ ̵̗̒ͅt̶̹͍͌̇̉̕h̸̨̜̫͆̔i̴̜͙̜͘n̵̡̥̼̝̼͗͛̕k̶̫̹̯͋̒̈́̇ ̷̡̢͚̝̙̔̄̚͝h̸̛̝̥̩͈̄̎̃ē̸̥̞̪̗̃͜͝ ̴̡̼͉̲̈́w̴̟͆͐̑́ò̷̡̼̥̜͓̀̕ũ̷̘̥̫̠̻͘ľ̷͖̫̠͂͝d̶̛̬̳̓.̴̥̭̥̇͋ the voice said. D̴̖͚͗̈́́͝o̵̟͑̓̈̊͜ṉ̴̞͈̥̺̓͆̿͝'̸̜̍̋t̷̹́̽͌͛̊ ̴̬̘̟̑̏̄͠ȳ̸̙ͅō̴͕̦̜̝͆̎ǘ̵͔̤̠͖͈̐ ̴͔̈̈̎̀͠r̴͈̜̩̿̌͘͜e̸̤̙̣͜͝ç̶̣͒̐̋͑͑o̵͚̪̔̇̈́͜ͅg̴͇̞̻͐́̈́͠n̶̨̨̖̙̕i̷̫̣̝̥̿̀͘͝ž̷̭e̷̻̘̣̥͋̒ ̷͌̾̄͝ͅy̷̢̛̤͗̃͒̈ọ̸͍̭͐̒ͅụ̶̩̮̱̈́̍̆̈́̋ȑ̶̟͔̟̻ ̵̣͎̦̗̈́͒̀̾̆o̴͔͈̫̦̽ẘ̴̻͉̘̩̋̉ͅn̸̛̹̈̐̕ ̶͎͇̻͗f̸̛͖͗͒͐͠a̶͕̺̜͔͛̎ẗ̴͓h̶̞̫̞͋͜e̶̛͈͉͐r̶̨̛̳̭̔̑̈́͌͜,̶̗̦̃̃ ̵͍͍̆̈̃͑̕P̴̳͗̀͒͐͌ǎ̴͇͉͜p̸̧̱͍̋̍͗͂͜y̴̰̎̕r̸̛̪̟̃̇͝û̵͎̹̹͖̺͠s̸̛͍̪̘̀̐͂́?̴̬͚̈́͆͗͜

"Then make yourself useful!" Undyne said, launching a barrage of spears at the figure to distract them from Frisk before running backwards and standing next to Sans. "Do you know any moves that could be useful against someone like this?!" Undyne stood infront of Frisk, grasping her spear tight. "Take another step forward, I dare you..."