• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - Blood and Bones

Frisk took a step back, before holding herself steady. She knew he would come. Why wouldn't he? Ghast wasn't one to call stupid, or inexperienced. Frisk knew he could be defeated, but maybe she and Flowey had made a potential mistake in coming here alone.
They could really use Sans right about now.

"GASTER!" Papyrus screamed, rushing forward and throwing his arms around his father. "YOU'RE FINALLY BACK FROM WORK! SANS SAID YOU WERE VERY BUSY!"

Chara appeared beside Ghast, a faint black mist floating about her as she cocked her head, looking evilly down at Frisk and Flowey. "How adorable. You came alone. I knew this would be easy, but this is hardly even a challenge."

There was fear on Flowey's face. It turned into, sorrow. "C-Chara?" Flowey said, tears somehow streaming down his eyes. "Is it... really you?" Flowey shook his head, looking back up with anger. "How did you know we would come?!"

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Asgore smiled warmly at Gaster. "Ah. So miracles can occur. I'd almost lost hope." Bowing his head slightly, he turned, and his brow furrowed. "Flowey and the human are not here..." He informed the others as he began to tense up.
That was when he realized something. "The souls! I left them unguarded!"

"IDIOT." Chara laughed at Flowey. "I... We are but one in the same. Always watching, always seeing, always hearing... always knowing." She said as Frisk tried to conceal Flowey behind her. "But you see? You, Frisk, are why we're here." Chara continued. "Give us your soul." She demanded.
"No." Frisk replied defiantly, making Chara smile even wider. "No? Come now, you're not in a position to make decisions. =)

C̵̝̜̈́͝͝h̶̛̰̫͛a̷̖̯̘̳̣͐́͠ṛ̴͚̺̦͆̾̑ă̷̱̑͌̅̚'̸̛͓͙̘͓̬̓́ś̴̡̗̠͚̟͊͊̏ ̴̠̘̦̗͌͗̓ͅr̵͎̙̦͍͖̅i̶̟͉̻̩͓̔͋g̸̢̫͎͐̅h̴̫̠͂t̵͎͔̘̫̗̾.̴̣̓̂̎̋̚ ̶̬̭̣̟̈̋T̶̻̩͉̿h̴̹͋͆͗e̵̲̥͆ͅ ̷̛͖̣̠͖̅͐͐̑ṑ̸̺͍̈́̚p̵̝̯̭͎̙̔̀̇̀ţ̶͒̽ỉ̷̳̫̣̪̃̎͋͘ȏ̵͉̝̝̽̀̓̏ṉ̸͎͚͌͗̍͆̌ ̸͓̖̅͂̂͜͝t̵̨̧̠̯͍̅̃͆͆͘ǫ̵̧͚̭̫̃ ̶͉̱̲̜̘͠m̷̞͑a̸̜̟̼͕̾̋̕k̵̢̠̹̟̐͒̄e̶̱̭̠͗̂̉ ̵̝͇͈͇̪̂̽̀̈́͘t̴̻̏͋͝ͅh̸͍̦̳͖͔́̍̔̌͊ị̸̆͜s̶̳̕ ̶̬͉̔̓́͑͘͜ͅc̷̘̤̖̺̫̆̂̈̿ḩ̷̥͗̚͘o̵͓͔̒͆i̶̜̩̙͗̕c̶̛͈͔͂́̀̐e̷̖̥͍̝͂ ̵̛͍̽̾̚w̴̩̟̾͛͋͝ä̶̻̉͆̽͘s̶̙̱̳͆ ̷̣̏͛̌̈n̸̛͈͕̂ë̵͖̙̋v̶̨̹̟̹̈́͋̀̆͠ê̵͇̭͜r̶̛͓̈́͂̅̂ͅ ̵͇̃m̴̧͈̻̪͈̋̏̉͌a̶̛̫̥ḍ̸̉͘e̵̢̻̓ ̸̢̲̲͚̙͌̋̎å̶̢̘͉̻̯̕v̸͍̳͛̔̒͛͗a̶͇͑̾̾̍ị̶͉͇̘͍̌̾͗͆͝ľ̷̲̠͓͛̐a̸͉̬̎b̸͉͍̤̩̟͆̽l̸̙͔͒̊̈́ĕ̸̫.̷̼̝̳̄͒̔̈́͛ Ghast said creepily. Ȁ̶͍̰͓̣ņ̷̭̥͒̀̏͆d̷̩̳̮͉̑͂͘ͅ ̷̦̘͚̤̋̐̓̃͐ỷ̵͉͜ͅe̷͈͊͊s̴̲̖͕̼̉,̸͉̻͗̀̓͜ ̵̨̮̰̅͛Č̵̘͌h̷̭̮́̌̈͋a̶̫͚̙̞̚r̶̢͖̜̃̎ǎ̷̗͖͍̀̋ ̸̧̣̙̈́̏̏d̵̮̥͛i̸̛͔͎̻̒̈́̍d̵̘̯̱̘̈̈́̽͂̀ ̶̪̬̳̠̠̈̀̐̕h̷̯̎͒́e̴͇͒̽͒̀l̸̹̐̈̿͘p̵̥͉͍̓̆ͅ ̴͔̙̥̭͈͗ẃ̵̢̛̏̎̈́i̴̧̙̣̬̟͂͋t̴̜̠̗̦̼̍̎͝h̸̪͓̆̋̉̕ ̴̳͓̬̙͐͊̏͐f̷̛͍̬̰̫ͅi̸̢͕̫̱͐̾͊̏n̸̛͙̩̈̐̽̄d̷̢̡̏͆̂ͅį̸̝̋n̷̬͖͖̟̫̿̀̂ǵ̵̘̫̱̥̤̏̅ ̶̝̥͒͒͝y̶̢̢͈̬̿̽͝ȯ̵͍͔̭̀̓̏u̴̘̟̇͋̌̕͠.̸̙̔̽͜ ̵̖̱̬̥̣̉B̸̮̀̈́ͅű̶̧̩̤̈͑t̷̢̖̊̚ ̵̟̬̩̿ẙ̴̧̦͈̖̓̊̃ͅo̷͔̟̬̯͈̽̓̐́̋u̷̩̘̖̕ ̶̡̰̘̜͊̓̅͋c̶͎̃̌͂̈́͝a̷͕̥̭͐͝n̸̳̖̠͇̳͒̍̅̈́̂ ̸̪̘̬̟̙̃̾͗n̵̡̂̊̀e̴̝̖͖̮̎v̶̝̈́̾ȇ̵̢͙̹͑̅̇͝r̶͖̍̀͌̋ ̶̡͖̠̫̤́̋͗e̵̤̖̅͘͝s̶̡͉͓̈́͠c̴͈͍̩̓͂a̶̬͕̾̒̓̉p̸̺̜̯͊̉́̕e̸̛͍͓̿͘͝ ̴̬̈́̃̔̑f̷̳͑͝r̵̨͉͖̈̈́o̴̤͋m̵̞͚̖̠͜͝ ̶̢͕̳̫̂̍̍͌m̴͕̦̭͊̃͜͜y̵̰̱̗͎̕ ̸͎̬͕̻̈͌̿͜v̸̰͇͚̞̈́̾̏ǐ̸̳͕͈s̵͇̠̈́͒ḯ̴̤̺̼̝̑͆̓͘o̵̪̠̰̞͎̅͝n̸̹̩͒.̶̨͗ ̴̻͊W̷̞̜̃̊̽̅h̷̛̥̦̫̓̽e̷̼̗̺͑̉͑͜r̴̻̂͊̇́̈́e̴̡̼̯͇̾͂v̵̨͓͒͝ḛ̸̱͌r̶̭̥̥̮͂ ̶̰̣̠̬̣͒y̶̨̙̆̕̚o̶͍̻̗͋̀̈́́u̶͙̓̈̀̈͝'̵̨̛̗͙̱͋̍̃̂ŕ̶͇̣̕e̷̠̤͛̈́ ̸̝̺͖͝m̸̩͕͌e̵͎̼̓́a̸͙̪̪͊̋̕n̶͓͑̀́̇͝t̷̞̙̣͓̓͆̇͝ ̵̗̮͚̱̈́̀̈͝t̸̮̍̍̃o̴̘͈͖̒̾̀͐̒ͅ ̶͕̊̾g̵͓̝͉̑o̵̰̙͆͂̈̊,̸̙͔͊̏͜ ̶̜̎̅Í̵̱͖͍͂̃́'̴̼̘̑̆͛ĺ̴̨̬̳̫̇̋̂l̸̛̹̫̤̠͖ ̷̩̎ŝ̶̢̢e̸̡̝̫̤̦͛̽̎e̶͓̼̯̎̏̽ ̶̬̖̫͂̄̌͝ȳ̵̤̞̻̈́̂ó̵̱̟̗̹͐̊ú̶̢̫͈̈́̊̐.̸̖͔͌ Ghast then floated back, the SOULs following him. H̸̡̳̎̎́̔͠o̵̝͝ͅḻ̸͔̥̞̦̅̽̃͝͝d̷͔̹̋̐̐͂ ̶͓̭̜͂̉̈́ẗ̸̡͎̝̻́̍̈̈́̈h̴̠͉͙̽̃̑̆̈́e̵̢̥̫̮͕͛͝ḿ̸̺̞͙̏͐̾ͅ ̸̞̳̲̖́̇͂o̸̢̱̠͎̍f̴̢̝̠̺͖̏̈́͠f̸̧̙̹̉̿,̵̮̦̿̚͜ ̴̧̮̼̻̥̽̀̏͝C̷̱̈́̔̆̚͝h̸̛͍̤̑̈́̒ạ̶̹̬͈̓̉̀ͅr̵̩̾̈́̽͐͝ả̸̝͎.̸͓̾̎̍͐ͅ ̷̘̎͑̄̌̚Ȉ̸͓͔̀̄̍̕ ̶̘̃͜͠ĥ̴͇̇͘͝a̷̦̜̭͊͋̋̐̒v̶̫̓͛e̶̢̲̥̪̿ ̸̧͖̜̄b̷͍̩̓͋͌͘ų̸̤͕̘̱̐̈́̊̓s̵̬͇͕͖̭̿i̷̠̘̟̓̈́n̴̟̫̩̄̉̉͜͝ę̷̮̖̜̅̈͘ş̶̢̖͚̒̕͠ș̶̹̟̹͈̈́͐̍ ̴̱̭͓̻̍̾͜w̶̢͓͖̹̽i̷̡̜̐̏͒͆ṯ̵̼͊̽h̵͍͇̜̉͊̎̾ ̷̥͔̜̼̈́ò̴̖̙̬͚̣͛͗̓̂u̸̖̞̾̂͜ŗ̷̘̮̻̑̈͘͝ ̵̢̢̼̩̉͆̕n̵̤͙̲̗͊̀̌ẽ̸͙̗̪̭w̴͇̥͆̇̏̚͘ ̶̢̠̲̮͗̓̀͘͠f̶̧̺̙͚̈̚ͅŗ̷̼̙̯͕͗̆́́i̸̻̥̥͐͊́ē̵̋̊́ͅṋ̵͒̌͐̕d̸̆̇̋ͅs̴̬̯̣̜̀ͅ ̴͔̜̩͚̗̃̚ț̷̭͈͛̈͊̕o̵͚̮̯̬̥͗̍͑̒͝ ̴̦̃̎͂̆c̵̙̠͎̲̽̅͂̊ö̴̹̝́̓͛͐̄n̶͓̣̒̀d̶̰̬̙͛͋͆ṻ̴͔̼͎̞͉́͒͑c̶͔̰̆͗͂͝t̵͍̮̫̦̀.̶̦̼̟̻̾̀.̷̣͌.̴̥̞̲̂̒ ̶̨̝͍̳̽̌͛̄p̴͎̦̱̙̘͝͝ŗ̸̣͊ͅi̴̧̲͎̽͌̽ṽ̵͓͔̄͑͘͜ã̶̧̙͉̊̍̉ť̵̪̩̉͗̆̆e̵̡̡̹̞̗͝l̵̰͉͚͓̤̾͑y̶̨̔̆̂.̴̥̘̜̘̬̿

Gaster smiled, hugging Papyrus. "Yes, my business has taken a long time." Sans then walked over and hugged Gaster, a single tear rolling down his skull.
"i missed you, dad."
"You as well, son." Gaster said, but then froze at Asgore's conclusion. "What?! We have to find Frisk and Asr- Flowey right away!" Gaster caught himself, as it wasn't yet time for Asgore to know Flowey's true identity.

comic

"Agreed. You still have your spatial abilities, Gaster? I nice, quick teleport would suffice about now." Asgore replied, a nervous edge to his tone.
"Why are you all so worried about this Ghast character? He seems a little overrated if you ask me. And the human and the rude flower disappeared, so what? Good riddance." Mettaton interrupted, putting a hand on his hip. "Right Papyrus?" He threw in.

"U-UM..." Papyrus fidgeted his hands again, nervously. He didn't want to disagree with Mettaton, but he also didn't agree with him. "I... DON'T KNOW..."

"Of course." Chara replied with a giggle. "This should be fun." With that, a black knife manifested into her hand. "So, who shall it be first? The traitor, or the liar?"

G̸̣̞̥̬͝o̸̟͙͈̟͉̔̇o̷̧̗̦̝̒̊͒͐d̶͇͂̍͒ ̶̗͚̄͌l̴̞̒͂ŭ̶̳͇̬͛͒̀͠c̶̫̩̍͂̊́̔k̸͓̙͆̽̀͠.̵̖̺̀͆͘̕ Ghast said, before vanishing into the ground with the SOULs.

"Indeed." Gaster said, purple flames coming from his eye sockets. In a single second, the group was teleported away to underneath the Barrier Room. Where the SOULs were normally kept. Gaster, Sans and James immediately noticed Ghast.
W̵̢̛͚͇̼̔͒̂̚h̷̡̦́ȃ̴̞̭͓̭̤̈͠͝-̸̲̘̫̈́͑͆?̴͈͉̫̜̌̌͘͠!̸͎̪̖͖̣͂̍ ̶̢͙̊̄̃͘W̶̦͚̬̘̏͂̌̇͌H̵̪̜̲̺͒̈́̌Ẏ̵̻͈̞͍̾̒̀̍?̷͇̍!̷͎̦̬̓͌̊̋ ̸͎̭̐̽̓.̷͖̜̊̏̎̎͜.̵͉͉͎̝̦͋̾.̴̢̙̘͕̱̔̌̀̆̀I̸̦̓ ̷̝̀̐̋̅s̷̹̝̦̪͕͂̓͠h̸̪̖͆̂͒̑o̶͇̖̺̊͑̊u̴̙̗͉͖͂͝l̷̛̬̕͜d̶̲̣͕͂͋̽͒̉ ̶̘̖̻͎̖̀̑̈́̄s̸̭̈́̃̂͠t̷͓̳̥͉̀a̷̝̫̦̜̞͗̄̒͊͠r̶̹̋t̵̫̘̫̜͒̔̈̕͜ ̶̜̠̩̇̕e̸̢̥͙̗̅͝x̵̱͚͕̰́́͆͂p̵̹̯͔̈́e̷͔̤̯̮͙̒̽͗̌c̷͉̈́͛̓ṭ̵͈̞͊̎̏͂͑ì̵̱͍̔̒ņ̶̬̻͚̓̋̿̔ġ̷̤̟̿͌̕͠ ̷̨̅̽t̶͇̮̞̬͙͑̐́̒h̸͎̹͌̊̑̍̚e̷̛̘̎́ ̵̧͈͔̈̀̌͛ǘ̶̪̃̈̈́͠ͅn̶͍͓͇̈́͑͂ȅ̷͚̫̮̫̍͝x̵͕͕̺͌͘p̸̤͒̈́̂̉e̴̺͆͆̄͜c̸̮͔̗̘͇̒͋t̶̯̜̙̼͋̃ͅę̸͚̉͠d̴̘̺̝̃̈́̌̔,̵̮̱́́̀͝ ̴͙͕̌s̸̘̭̣̯͈̊h̶̨̼̟̆͘o̷̡̟̺̽̿͂͘u̷̢̹̼͈̦͂̉͐́̾l̵̻̖̰̩͚͑́̏̀͘d̸̪͇͈̤̀n̸͕̍͗̽͗'̸̳̋̽͑̄̊͜t̸͖̐̓͑͊͝ ̸͎͔̲̺͋I̵̯͚͓͐̀͂̅̃?̸͇͛͌͠ Ghast said, sending the SOULs to the other side of the room as his black spikes/tentacles came out around him.

Flowey burrows under the ground, going under and coming up by the souls. "Guys! I can get the souls!" Flowey looked back, seeing Ghast attacking. "I have to protect them... I have to save Chara..."

H̶̗͐̓̊́̏e̴̢̤̐͊͝l̸͖̈́̈́̅l̵̤̯͖͂̀̆͐ ̶̧͌n̴͎̩̩̫̽̾̚ȍ̵͎̗͓́͛̚,̴̖̭̇̓̏ ̷̹͉̺̳͆̋̔̕͠w̵͇̺̞̰͍͌̒̑͠͝ẹ̸̢͈̈́̚͠e̸̩̿̈ͅḓ̴̢̰̽͂̈́̕.̴̪̦͆̈̋͆ Ghast said, the SOULs floating back over to Ghast. Ȍ̴̜͈͜n̶̉͜ ̶̥̖̦̀̊͒͛s̴̹̺̠̔͂e̴͔̝͙͓͉͗̒͘c̵̬̜̅̔͝o̸͓̗͉͖̍̎͝ṋ̴̢̛͚̭͚̍̇d̶̹̪̘̑̒̽̇ ̵͕͍͉̖̙̍ṱ̸̖́h̴̻̦̝̼͌̃o̶̜̙͝ǔ̴̯̼̙̒̌̒g̵̡̝̮̬͝h̷̡̯̣̥̊̚̚͠t̸̳̔͑,̵͑͜ ̵̢̳̣̏ͅI̵͉͊̒͐͆̑͜'̴̪̠͎̱̘̏͑̀͗l̶̛̗l̶͈̿̆̄͒͗ ̵̮̩̠̒k̵̻̽͗͌̈́̚e̷̙̺͎̜̾̔͛̏̾e̷̛̮̘͈͕͑p̷̢̞͖͚̐ͅ ̷̗̯̓̏̀̌t̸̨͖̐͒h̸̟͉̳̟͙̆͒̀̂ë̴̥̟͚̅̎s̴̱̐̓͂̄́͜ͅȩ̶͉̣̞̍̑̅ ̶̬͆ẉ̴̼̈́͑͌͝į̸̞̓̓̒ţ̶̈́͗͝h̴͋͜ ̸̨̗̘̱̝̊͝m̴̫̱͍̞̲͂̋͆é̷̛̫̹͚͐.̴̞̏͑̈́̓ Ghast enveloped the SOULs into his shadowy mass - not absorbing them, just holding them.
"oh, crud." Sans said. Gaster and Sans created Gaster Blasters, firing them at Ghast. The shadowy figure created a wall of black to reflect the shots back at the heroes.

Flowey got in front, putting up a wall of vines, blocking the strikes. Flowey jumped on top of the wall, taking vines and using them as whips. "NYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Undyne let's out a battle cry as she throws spears, some backwards, some normal. Alphys takes her gun, shooting lightning bolts.

"NYEH HEH HEH!" Papyrus cried as he threw a bonemerang at Ghast, it striking into him, before returning to Papyrus. "WE'LL MAKE YOU OUR FRIEND!" He yelled at Ghast, clearly unaware of how dangerous the situation truly was.

"Hehe... He abandoned you." Chara giggled at Frisk, who stared at the spot Flowey had disappeared in. "What a shame." With that, Chara struck, her knife slashing acrossed Frisk's chest.

A green figure of a person appeared in front of Frisk, taking the attack for her. As it vanished, James summoned a mini-gun in his hands. "GET DOWN!" he shouted, firing off a wave of shots towards Chara.

Y̸̯̫͚̊͗͆̓͜͝ͅö̵̻͇̼̫́̿̅u̵͉̼̓r̴̨̟̪̖̺͒̃̕͘͠ ̶̡̼̇̐͌̎f̴̯͓̱͎͖̊̐̈́r̷͕͓̞͐́̓͑ȋ̴͈͉͚͜ȇ̸͓͖̥̱̬̋̌͊n̸̜̳̭̽̌́̕͝d̴̘͍̘̥͘̚?̸̰̹̯̻̹͠ ̷̤͕͛̋́P̶̼̹͌̏̍̈́e̷̛̹̽̚r̸̝̤͍͕̎͋͒͊h̷͍̿á̸̛̪̬͖͔̞̾̿́p̸͇̬̯̱͗̍͒̄̀s̵̠̜̙̠̣̐̊̆ ̷̞̃͊͘͝í̷͙͎͋̑̀̚ͅn̵̺͖͚̚ ̵̛̛͈́̇̅ͅa̵͚̯͙̺͗͒̀̂̑ͅn̷̪͒͑ȍ̸̥̗͍͔̄̾t̵̺̖̠̫̄̄͑̾͝h̴͙̪̙͙͚̒̒̐e̸̤̜̱̞̿r̵̺͖͕̮̊ͅ ̴̯̺̌͛̕͝͠ĺ̸̨̩ĭ̶̛̪̟̣͈͖̍̆̚f̷̮͓̃̐̐̌͑ẽ̸͇̯̓̄̕t̸̹̮̗̼͚̾͌ỉ̶͙͑ḿ̶͉̺̻͓̲e̸̫̟̠̍̇̂́͆ͅ.̸͍͇͒̏͑̎ Ghast said, dodging the attacks. He jumped behind Papyrus, sending a spike straight at him. Gaster jumped in the way, taking the hit right through his left shoulder. Gaster winced, falling to one knee.

comic

Asgore lowered his face, as his Trident appeared with a burst of light, and he looked up, both eyes giving an orange flash as he sent a bullet hell of fire balls towards Ghast.
No bother holding back. This was no child. This was a true enemy.

"Oh, Alphys, darling. You'll do nothing useful against him with that." Mettaton stated. "How about you fire it at me. I could use the recharge." He smirked.

"What-" Chara growled before glancing up to see several bullets rain down to her.
Quickly, she disappeared, reappearing in front of James, slashing. "Another human! HA! Pathetic. I'm excited to see what interesting ways I could kill you in =D

"G-GASTER!?" Papyrus cried as he whirled about, watching his father take the blow for him. He dropped to a knee as well, grabbing Gaster. "ARE YOU HURT BAD?" He asked, worried, deciding to deal with Ghast in a moment. He knew Sans wouldn't be happy with this.

James dropped the mini-gun, green armor appearing around him and deflecting the slashes. "I'll take anything you've got, demon." James said with a smile, throwing a punch towards her. "I'm built for ENDURANCE."

"F-fine..." Gaster said, wincing. Sans created a Gaster Blaster that covered them both, his blue eye now out. Ghast dodged some of Asgore's fireballs, but was hit by two. Ghast sent tentacles flying towards Undyne, Asgore and Alphys, but Sans teleported in front of them and unleashed a Gaster Blaster to blast away the shadows. Ghast flew back a bit, gaining a bit of distance.

Chara only smiled brightly at him, her knife raised in the air. "Surely you saw me just amputate your arm?" She asked, having moved slightly to the side on the blink of an eye, the same being said about her raised arm, which had previously been down. "You won't last long."
Frisk looked back at the occurring battle. How powerful had Chara truly gotten with the help of Ghast. She wasn't certain, but she was obviously stronger than with Frisk.

"DON'T WORRY, GASTER! I'LL PROTECT YOU!" Papyrus said reassuringly as he looked up at the battle occurring before him. Ghast was easily outnumbered, and quite possibly out gunned in this fight. He looked towards the souls that Ghast had contained. They let off an eerie colored glow through the black. "WE NEED TO STEAL THE SOULS FROM HIM..."

comic

Asgore was in no mood for games. If his champion showed an inward fear to Ghast, then he truly needed no mercy.
Despite his massive size, Asgore charged forward at a shocking speed, holding his trident as he leaped into the air, raising the weapon high, and bringing it down with incredible force on Ghast.

"What, this arm?!" James said with a smile, ripping off the sleeve of his cloak and the cloth beneath to reveal a mechanical arm. "Lost it a while back. 'Sides, even if that was my working arm, I'd be able to endure the pain." Suddenly, he noticed Chara's raised arm. He created two large arms, grabbing himself and Frisk and throwing them both into the air. Once they were both in the same air space, James created a large shield and landed on it. They were now directly above Chara.

Ghast saw the trident coming at a speed he couldn't dodge, so he used his shadows to create a barrier in front of Asgore. The trident tore through the barrier, but slowed it down enough that Ghast flew away quite the distance.
"T-that's going to be nigh impossible..." Gaster said, his purple eyes glowing. "Unless we can pin him down..." Gaster stood up, and seven bony hands appeared in seven pillars of light around him. They all glowed green in the center and created a force field around Ghast, cutting him off from the SOULs. "Go now!" Gaster shouted, straining to keep the field up.

Papyrus recognized what was occurring, and for the sake of his friends and everyone he cares about, he disappeared from the spot, hurtling towards the black veil obscuring the SOULs. "FLOWEY!" He shouted as he conjured a long, thin bone club, and slammed it into the veil, shattering it as the force hurtled the souls away. He understood that the Flower desired the SOULs, and decided he would help out a friend.

Chara looked up, laughing as a blast of lightning-like black projectiles fired at the shield from multiple angles as the knife turned into a dark shade of red, and she appeared above the two, slamming her knife unto the shield forcefully.

comic

Asgore immediately recovered, turning, stone faced, to Ghast just as a green bubble appeared around him. Asgore put another torrent of fireballs on standby the moment the bubble burst.

Mettaton felt slightly amused at the display. This Ghast character didn't stand a chance against them. It was laughable. They didn't really even need Mettaton's help, but he'd enjoy the show.

James swore under his breath, making the shield become a large bubble that blocked the knife strikes. When Chara attacked with a powerful slash from above, he reformed the shield directly above him, causing himself and Frisk to fall. He grabbed Frisk, helping her to the ground. "You alright?" he asked, using a jetpack to bring them safely to the ground.

Y̸͈͕͒̒͋̃̕͘o̶͚͔͎̜͋̏̏͌ū̶̮͐̋̏ ̵͈͐͛̏̓ẗ̸̖̯͓́̔̃͗̈h̴͙̐̽͗̄̇͝i̵̹̍̐̂ņ̸̟̦̩͉̋͒͠k̴̗̯̞͂̃͛ ̵̗̦̪͐ț̵̛̤́̑̓̅h̵̛̻̉̅͒͂i̶̱̗͚̽̅̎͐s̶̖̐̾͠ ̴̪̲̘̹͘w̶̢̤̲̜͎͘i̷̻͂̂̈́̀̔͛l̵̛̤͊͗͂ḻ̶͔͎̋̔ͅ ̵̣͓͇̋̒̍̈̈́͝s̴̙̫̎͆̋͠ţ̷̘͒̊̒̽̕o̷̩̖͋̓̿̓̚͜p̷̻̰̮̘̘͠͝ ̵̺͓͙͌̋͌͘ͅm̴̡̘̮̝̾̀̋͂͝ḙ̸͗̋͊?̴̛͖̀͒̔͌̚ ̶̫̬͉̋̒͊̈́̔͊P̷̼̜̤̠͕̗̽á̷̧̭̹̈̑t̶͕̳̮̑̈́̈́͒͠h̶͕̖͚̹̒͒͂͐̒̓ȇ̴͖̗̥̏t̴̪̺͈̝̐i̸̢͙̦̣̣̅̏̈́̚c̶̭̪͊̀̀̃̇͘.̵̢̃̊͛̌̕͝ Ghast said, swirling his shadows around. N̵͖͍͕̺͇͙̍́O̵̦̻̣̪̒T̸̩̬̻̮̱̽̉̓͝Ȟ̸̝̤͌͗̈́I̴̬̜̥̓͋N̵̞͈͙͎̻̋͒͜͝G̶̟͒̍̈́̑̑ ̵͓̥̐͒C̷͈͐A̴̮͇̘̤̖̫͆Ǹ̴̠̻̖̺̮͈̒̏͆̿ ̵̡͍̮͓́́̈́S̸̪̪̔̓T̵͉̊̏̀͝Ò̷̫͍̎̅̌͋̂P̸͈̈̀ ̵̧̦̺̪̠̳̆M̷̡̯͚̥̪̪̾͑͂̋̆Ĕ̸̮̕͜!̷̨̪̼̪͆̋̆̓̕ Ghast shattered the forcefield, and Gaster's seven hands shattered. Ghast flew in front of the SOULs, adding them to his mass and smiling. Y̶͇̍̉͛ò̵̯̞͑͗̆̾̕͜u̴͍̇̔ ̶̢̗̭̎̕̚ą̸̧̧̞̎̂̎l̸̨͖̤͐̉̋̄ͅl̵̛̥͋̑̃̚ ̴̮͙̎̓ṙ̸͕̜̣̻̮̅͝ė̷̟a̴̻̎̎͝d̴̙̆ẙ̷̥̅̀̎́̈́ ̸͙̺̣͌͋͠f̶̨̱̏̈́ȏ̸̺̣̣̇r̶̻̓͘͘ ̸͖̘̤͙̤̤̅̃̽̊m̶̻̗̙̘̖̋͌̉ͅy̷̫̞͍̝̘̑̑̒̓̉̂ ̷̢̛̱̺̘͒t̶͕͑͌͑̐̾ȓ̴͊͐͜͜ų̸̣̲̝̹̝̄̄̇̈́͝m̴̨̧̧̞͈͕̾̒̈̍̿͝p̶͔͙̆̈́͒͂͘ ̶̱͕̜͇̼̀͒͆̚̕c̸̛̯͚̞̗͉̰̊̆́̚a̴̻͗͛̉͆͘ŕ̵̥d̵̢͎̗̦́́̓̂̓̋?̷͕̀ Ghast said, smiling as the fire balls were destroyed by black spikes.
"Oh no." Gaster said. "Everyone, we need to fall back! Now!" Gaster used a Gaster Blaster to pull Asgore and Papyrus back by their capes, creating a large Gaster Blaster around the group to shield them.
"what's he doing?" Sans asked.
"Something bad." Gaster said, his purple eyes lighting up brightly.

Floweys eyed widened, his tentacles reached for the souls, trying to grab them. "Hey, Fox-Face!" Undyne shouted, looking Ghast straight in the eyes. "Eat this!" Undyne sent lots of spears flying straight towards Ghast's Mask. "Flower, get the Souls!"

Ghast blocked the SOULs with another black barrier, interlocking Flowey's vines with his tentacles and ripping them apart. Ghast's spikes deflected the spears. F̵͕̮͇͓͉̈́̆͋̊o̸̬̗̱͑͆̉̈́̒̓ơ̸̰̜͓̈́̾́͆͐l̷͓̟̂s̷̤̘̮̻͙̤͆̎̓̚.̴͉̭̤̫̤̯͒̃͌ ̴̬̰̮̔̔̎̉̀ͅİ̴͓̞̾̓͒͘ͅ'̴̹͆̊d̵̲̗͊̑͋̈́̉ͅ ̵̣͓̏r̴̢̹̯̩͛̓͗́̕͝ḛ̴̡̛̫͊̄̉͆͊c̸̳͋o̷̡̾̃̓̀̄m̴̱̪̠̋̓́̚ṁ̵̬͖̠͜ḛ̴̍̋̉͑ń̷͕̫̔̐͗͑͘d̷̨̼̋͑ ̵͈͍̫̮͎̋̅̕y̵̻͚̐ȏ̴͍u̴̦̩͖̬̣̟̽̀̈̽͘ ̴̰̮͍̈͝r̴̡̮͚̗͎̃́̿̉u̷͙͒̂́ṇ̶̢̼̬͉͖̀͗̄͘̕ ̶̨͌́̆r̵͈̈́̓̒̚ǐ̴̘̖͂̆̋͝g̴̨͉̣̮͎̗̔̕h̶̥̘̖̜͗̏́̄t̴̗̙͍̥̗͐̎̓̓͠ ̵̡̧̮̳͇͌̿̀́̽ͅn̷̥̻̲͙̉́̎͗͆̾ǒ̴̺̥͙̑̅̏w̸͈͓̻͖͙̽̀̊̀͌.̶̧̜͍̈́̓̏̈́̎͘ ̴̢̭̮͉̤̝̈́̈́I̵̦͈̤͎̅'̷̙͙̟͐m̷̨̫̥̗͇̈́ ̴͎̲̹̜̏̌s̶̤͎̭̮͍̄͆̅͗̈́͠ţ̵̲̱̜̮͑̃̾̌̕a̶̛̝͚͕̞͚̘̚r̶̨̺͔̣̭͆́̍̉̒̾ţ̷̱̑ǐ̴͙̍̓͝n̶̛͇͖͉̎̏͊͋̓ͅǵ̴̼̪͍̼̻̯̓̑̄̆͗ ̴̫̄̐t̵͚̿̌̑o̶̝̓̎̋̀̈́ ̶̗̳̃̏̈̚l̴̪͙̈ͅô̶̯͎͍̦͉͋̀̚͜͠͝s̸̬̟̯͎̟̤̍̀̋̅̈́e̶̡͗͑̚͝ ̸͇̤̫͍͂̈́̐̄̔̇ṁ̸̨̗̑́ỹ̶̬̱͈̣̠̠̿̉ ̵̣͕̫͒̄̃̓͠p̸̻̘̤̳̖̃͑̌̈͐á̷̯̥͇͉̗̀͗͝t̷͉̑̐́̕͝i̶̡͉̪̘̯̳̋͑̿̊͝ḛ̵̪̼̟͔͖͠n̵̢̊c̶͉̦̟͛̆̇̕ẻ̶̘͉̟̱̒̌̀̈͜.̵̩͓̥̫̆́͌͐͘

comic

Asgore shrugged off the Gaster Blaster, unclipping his cape. "Do not worry about me." He said to Gaster as he dashed forward again, throwing his trident this time at Ghast as his eyes flashed orange, and several columns of flame erupted around Ghast.
Yet, the mountain king was still holding back.

Mettaton narrowed his eyes slightly. Trump card? This could be interesting. "Alphys, darling." He said. "You finished my NEO form, yes?"

Flowey fell to the ground, injured. He looked up. "The only thing I'M going to run is my mouth!" Flowey shouts, latching himself onto the ceiling and whipping Ghast with more vines. "Flower!" Undyne shouted, passing Flowey a spear. Flowey caught it and drove it as far as he could through Ghast's Mask. "It's a Prototype!" Alphys shouted. "It has all the attack capabilities, but the Defenses on it are below the negatives! Only one hit is enough to shatter the whole system!"

Frisk's brows creased in worry as she looked up at Chara. "Endurance doesn't last forever... you need to be determined." She said as Chara appeared behind James, slashing, creating a massive force of dark energy at the two. "Determination? He he... LOVE will get you much further. Allow me to demonstrate."

Papyrus looked at Gaster. "WHAT DO WE DO...? I'VE NEVER FOUGHT THIS LONG BEFORE WITHOUT BEFRIENDING MY OPPONENT..."

The spear shattered as soon as it touched Ghast's mask, as the fire failed to scorch it. Y̴̛̰̹͕̣̒̀ͅͅo̵̟͂̈͊͑͑u̸͉̝͌̓̇͐ ̴̨͍̟͛͋͑́͝͠ͅͅḥ̴̜͍͗͛ͅa̶̧̛̪͚̱̘̱̾̆͊̽̚d̷̡̰͛̽̓ ̸̖̜͇̬̗̊̿̌̂̕ÿ̵̨̢̪̤̦̥͛̀o̵͉͍̰̘̓̐ư̵͇̜̫̋̋̍͒̕r̸͔̥̈́̍͗̐ ̶̢̜̣͔̥̓ͅc̵̙̞̘͚͉̈́̈́͝h̴͉̤͛a̴͉̥̺͆̔̈̒ͅn̸̨̠͉̰̅̉̅̕̚ć̸͚̿̿̆̌̓͜e̸̢̞̻͕̹͐̈́͑̌͘.̸̛̮ Ghast said, his eyes becoming distorted and glitched.
C̶̢̘̋̂̐̕͘͠Ơ̴̢̙͓̯͈̰͚̫͛͋͝R̶̰͎̓͊̀̚͝R̴̻͐͒͘Ú̸͓͑̋̂͠P̵͈̻̱̥̔͛͂̓̕T̸̼̤̫̉̀̓̔͑͝͠I̵̢̡͎͖̜̒ͅO̶̱͉͎̭͓̔͘̚͠N̵̼̥̅̿
Suddenly, the world around Ghast distorted. Objects, flooring - heck, even the people in the room began to glitch in and out of existence. Ghast made a sweeping motion with his mask, and everything around him was flung far back. Gaster and Sans crashed into the wall hard, still glitching.

Undyne used whatever strength she had left to crawl over and stand over Alphys, protecting her. Flowey looked up at Sans. "SsANss... YoU'RRe HuUrtT..."

"Your HATE won't overcome me, demon." James said with a smile. Creating two turquoise gauntlets, he grabbed the slash and crushed it in his hands. "Determination is stronger than Endurance, yes. But you'd be surprised at what I'm capable of doing with Mastery 2." James then waved his hands out, his SOUL glowing brightly. Suddenly, the room turned into a large turquoise chamber. "Let's dance, Chara." James said with a smile.

"Sans?! Are you alright?!" Gaster said, looking at his son.
"f-fine..." Sans said. "but my back huts like hell."
"We need to get out of here." Gaster said. "We can't beat him like this... I can barely hold onto my magic reserve."

"Who told you I am solely limited to my HATE? I don't need to have a 'Mastery Class' to know that my Ḏ̸̡̢̧̡̝̖̥̦̰̻͓̙̭͐̽̿̿̔͋͋̀̾͌͒̄͆É̷̘̓̒̌̽̓̈́̽̈́̎͘͜T̴̞̪̮̳̪͉̺̣͛̓̿͊È̷̢̢̡̨̩̰͖͓̪̪̈́̈̏̑̃̅͌̾̓̚͘͜͜Ȓ̸̛̻̦̠̣͚̺̠̬̺͍̦͖̯̲̈́̔̎̽͘͝M̴̛̛̽͋͆̅̆͋̀͊̍͜͠İ̴̡̬͙̰͍͇̼̲̝̊̃̉̆͛̈́͑͑̍N̷̡͉̘̹͍̰͚̲͕̰̱̺̬̟͑Ḁ̶̛̪̮̂̅̂̄̀͛͘͝͝T̸̹͎͈͓͂̅͆̈̾͋̈́̂̏̔̕̚̚͠ͅI̵̭͊̆̐͒̉̈͗̉͝͝Ȯ̴̢̗͋͑̈́͆̉̽̿̏̄̓̉̏Ṉ̸̫̭̹̖̮̙͈͖̖̣͇̱͌͜͝͝͝ will leave you dead on your feet." Chara giggled, half of her face glitching out before returning as she flipped her knife into the air. With that, her eyes flashed a deep red, and the barrier faded, as well as all other color as the world went dark, except for James, Frisk, and Chara's eyes. "I haven't even started trying yet."

"NO! WE CAN'T GIVE UP! NOT AGAIN!" Papyrus exclaimed a she turned to Ghast. "EVEN IF NO ONE ELSE CAN SEE IT, THERE'S ALWAYS GOOD INSIDE OF EVERYBODY! EVEN HIM."

comic

Asgore moved forward again, unfazed by the wall slam. His stamina hardly even depleted, he fired a column of fire at Ghast, while he fired a bullet hell of flames at Ghast from behind, before his eyes began to flash.
Blue
Orange
Blue
Orange
Orange

Blue
Blue

Orange
In this pattern, he swiped his trident at Ghast, mid-air.

"Wait... what? Mastery 2 of...!" James said in shock, seeing the world go dark around him. He took note that he could only see the eyes and Chara's dancing blade. "Frisk. I need you to do something. Focus your DETERMINATION, and use it to blast away Chara's attack."

Ghast merely chuckled, beginning a pattern to avoid the trident. Stop, move, stop, move, move, stop, stop, move. The trident passed through Ghast harmlessly each time. Suddenly, Ghast noticed something. Looking at the SOULs, he noticed they had taken a bit of damage. Ẅ̵̥̰͈̳̈́̓̂͌̾͠͝e̴͙̹͈̿̇̓̉̎͐͒l̵̳̰̻̦̒̌͋͘͝ļ̷͔͚͍̝̼̐̅̅̏͑̚͝ ̶̡̧̮̯̗̂̍̒̾̒̂́ẗ̴̰̹͈́̈́̓̍͋h̸͔̭̦̭̲̯̾́̐͊ͅe̸̗̅́̊̍n̷̠̳̙̠̫͉̼̉̓͑͑͘̚.̵͔̳̜̱͖̯͛̋ͅͅ ̵̮̆I̵̱͕̪̜̟̼̯͓̐̎̆̈́͛̀̿̾ ̴̪̘͙͚̠̣͗̾s̸̛̩̫͈̮̗̣̫̕u̴̺͊̐͐͝p̸͇͖̖͉̟̟͂̊p̵͖̞͉͐̽̽̌̚͠o̸̩̫̼̔͗̒̓̓̿̕s̴̡̼͇͇̩͚̘̆́͝ȇ̴̢̘̱̥̗̼̾̉͒̑̑͘ ̶̛̦̏͗̀͐̀͆̎t̴͓͙̘̹̠̩͓̓ḣ̴̬͍͓̓͜͜͜ê̵̘͚̿͗͛͛̍ ̷̲̩̀̅͆͊̅͐̏̕ţ̵̤͑̆͑͑̚̕̕͠i̶̱̗̔͆̚m̸̮͎̒̆̐̅̋̏͗é̵͙̦͒ ̶̛̙͔̩̤̣̰̱̌f̸̖̟̣̙̟͑̎͊ǒ̷̗̖̃̀̾̋̂r̴̫͔̹̓̇̕ ̸̰͔͚͔͓̰̆͛̊̆̽ṗ̶̨̬̞̗͈̮l̸̛̦̻͚̥̞̜͕͂̑̕͠a̵͙̠͙͌̽̔̈̍̇̄y̸̭͝ǐ̴̹͍͔̫̻̊̑̑̎̀̚͝ň̵̫͆g̵̻̫͉̞̖͂̈́̅́͜͝ ̵̡̡͙̺̬̠͗͠ĭ̴̯̣̻̮̜̺̎s̸̡͚͇͂͌́̑̆̌̄̈́ ̶̟̭͕̟̤̾͘o̵̬̙̗͐͑̇̆v̵̭̘̹̘͚͆̋͆̏ë̴̢̻̣̗͇́̏́̂̃͋͑̚͜r̸̭͍̰̠͚̗̺̞̿̔̐.̴͇̙̹͉̖̭̭͈͛̅̒́͊ ̶͔̲́̍̍͋̌̾͝F̴͙͂̐̈́͘̕ḁ̸̳̼̾̒̋̈́͐͠r̷̢̒̄̈̃̏͆e̵̮͊͌̋̕w̶̰̯̲͂ė̷̢̘̥̭͂͐͛͠ľ̶̘͎̉̅l̶̮̟̫̺͊̾̄.̸̘̱͙͖̿̎̓͠ Ghast said, a grey door appearing behind him. He vanished into it, taking the SOULs with him. The door closed and vanished.
Gaster fell to the ground, clutching his wound. But he was more concerned with Sans. "He's gone... we need to heal up. Does anyone know any good eateries around here?"

comic

"Well, my resort has some of the best food from around the entire underground! Alongside that, It's fairly healthy too." Mettaton said.
Asgore approached the group, his Trident dissipating as he scooped his cape, which lay on the ground, before clipping it back on.
"Gaster. Sans. Undyne. You're all seriously wounded. I know some good food around, but... if we're looking for really feeling better, then... well... she can help..." Asgore said, his voice trailing off. Despite it being vague, Gaster and Sans could tell he was talking about Toriel.

"I... I..." Frisk furrowed her brow as she attempted to focus her determination, but as her soul appeared, it flickered.
She didn't have the kind of LOVE to perform something as complicated as what James had asked of her. "I can't!" She cried as Chara laughed, the sound seemingly coming from all directions as her eyes and blade disappeared, before a maelstrom of blades appeared, swirling around the two like a tornado as the ground began to glow a faint, deep blood red.

Undyne stood up, clutching Alphys in her arms. "Alphys is hurt, bad. She needs rest. Can I go and drop her off at the Snowd Inn for a while? I heard it heals HP." Undyne said. She was hurt too, but she was never going to admit it. She would still fight if her legs were both broken. Flowey got up, looking at Sans. "I'm pretty sure we came here for an awesome Omega Flowey scene." He scoffed. "Why do you always take control and not let us branch off from the path a little and have fun?" Flowey grunted at Sans, crossing his vines.

"not my fault, douchebag." Sans said. "ghast's the one who-" Sans was interrupted as he coughed.
"Snowd Inn is a good chance." Gaster said. He then noticed that the glitchyness had vanished. "I can't gather enough magic to teleport yet. Can someone else warp? Papyrus?"

"Shit!" James said. He created a large spring under the two of them, launching himself and Frisk upwards. He created a large space capsule to surround them from the blast he knew was coming. "It's not about LOVE! It's about force of will!" James said. "That's what fuels the traits! DETERMINATION, ENDURANCE, JUSTICE, PERSEVERANCE, BRAVERY... without your will, they do nothing! That's how Chara and I are able to fight like this!"

"OF COURSE..." Papyrus narrowed his eyes in concentration, before activating his powers, his right eye flashing orange, and everybody disappeared on the spot, returning to Snowdin.
Everyone except Chara, James, and Frisk...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frisk gulped as the blades all swarmed in on them, and a blast of red erupted from the ground at every angle she could see. This was it.
"I'm sorry... Asriel..."
I'm not ready to say goodbye to someone like you again...
I promise I will take good care of you here.
We can sit in the living room, telling stories... Eating butterscotch pie... We could be like... Like a family...
take care of yourself, kid. 'cause someone really cares about you.
THAT'S RIGHT, HUMAN! YOU CAN WIN!! JUST DO WHAT I, WOULD DO... BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
No. She couldn't give up. What about the perfect ending? Even if they didn't know it, everybody was counting on her.

*You remember your friends kindness.
*They all believe in you.
*CHARA's attack approaches.
*But your friends will always be here for you.
*You can't give up now.
*You're not going to give up, because...
*You're filled with DETERMINATION!

As the attack collided, shattering James' defense into nothing, Frisk and James were engulfed in red, before it exploded outward, destroying Chara's attack.

*The true battle begins.

Last edited:
In a flash of red flames, the group vanished and reappeared right outside Toriel's house. Gaster looked around for Toriel. "h-hey, tori? you here?" Sans asked.

"Finally." James said, smiling. He summoned a large minigun, firing away at Chara.

Undyne dropped Alphys off at the inn, letting her rest. She went back outside and rejoined Sans, teleporting away from Snowdin and to Toriels. Flowey growled at Sans. "I'm going back there. Chara's not evil, she's just been transformed. I have to save her."