• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Wha-run Dunsparce!”

The little bug pokemon broke out into a hobbling run, shuffling as much as it could away from the stream of water, although it kept following him around and around.

“Keep running!”

And run he did. And nothing else. It didn’t seem as though there was a big tactic at work here, just Dunsparce trying to run away constantly with no aim in sight.

“SpAAAAAAAaaaaaarce!!!”

Just like that, Dunsparce was hit by the gust, sweeping him off his stubby feet. He was thrown across the gym toward the water, landing with a resounding ‘Splash!’ Dunsparce spit out water that had found its way in it’s mouth. Newt had become to panic. Dunsparce was now in her territory! He had to think of something, or else Dunsparce would be beat to a bloody pulp!

“Do something Dunsparce! Fight back! Use ancient power!”

And aura around Dunsparce had started to glow, rocks materializing around him mysteriously. He hummed as the rocks glew purple before they were flung at wingull.

"Oh this got interesting! Fly up and water gun!" Jacky called out.
The Wingull flew up and used water gun to shoot down the rocks. Unfortunately one go through and hit her wing. The Wingull was falling directly to the ground, but managed to spread her wings, soaring above the Dunsparce and flying in circles above it.

He...he hit something? He hit something! I hope that bird isn’t hurt...

Dunsparce was seemingly delighted that he hit, jumping up on a platform, shaking off the water from his skin. He looked over to Newt, as if expecting another command.

“Oh, right! Hmmm...uhhh make sure he doesn’t get away! Try to uh...stop that.”

Dunsparce tilted his head, now sure what newt was getting at.

“You know, the thing you do when you get angry?”

Dunsparce nodded it’s head, giving a bark before it turned back to face wingull, cooling up and glaring at it, a tiny slit opening from it’s eyes. A series of yellow flashes began to emit, casted toward it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan tuned back in when he realized that one of the unknown trainers was talking to him. He also noticed that the other one nervously asked the gym leader to do battle.

Figured as much. Well I suppose I wouldn't mind waiting a bit. I'd want Sandra and Devin to support me anyway.

"I'm good, how about you?" The aspiring trainer replied before turning to the battle at hand, "Is this your friend's first battle?"

"That looks dangerous!" Jacky yelled. "Avoid it's eye contact, dive!"
The Wingull tucked in its wings and dove into the waters.
"Wait for the right moment to attack..." Jacky said as she watched the battle with a smile. She was starting to enjoy this match.
The Wingull circled under water the platform it's enemy was on and then prepared to attack.

Ah geez...she’s back in the water. If he followed her in, they’d be in her turf, but if they just stayed up there, they’d be sitting ducks for her next attack. A lose-lose situation. He scratched his head, not sure what to do.

“Dunsparce, maybe you can like, take a break. But stay on guard!”

Dunsparce let out a sigh of relief, laying down on the platform with a big yawn. Was important to get rest before a battle, right?

“Not this again, dodge it! Get out of the way!”

But it was too late, before Dunsparce could get up, he was flung up into the air let again, landing in the cold waters below. He had begun to to get worried about what he would do next, that’s when the gym leader called out to him.

“Come on kid, your better than this!”

Surprised by the sudden words from the gym leader, Newt found himself disappointed in the way it’s been going so far. Dunsparce has barley landed a shot, but has been thrown into the depths two times now, she’s even giving me PITY. I have to do something. WE have to do something. But we won’t do much good down in the water...With a resounding nod, he pointed his finger toward wingull. He had an idea.

“Dunsparce! Fly to him! Hone in!”

Dunsparce reluctantly agreed, worried about how it's been going so far. It’s wet wings fluttered and carried the snake like bug toward wingull. He was on a collision course.

“Now, get him with dragon rush!”

Dunsparce grew confident now, swing this strategy might work. It snarled like something much bigger than it, before being coated by a blue light of a dragon with fiery wings. Dunsparce then shot faster toward wingull to land the blow

Jacky was not prepared for such a move. The Wingull took the hit directly and fell into the waters unconscious. "Wow! Now that's more like it! Great job." She returned her Pokemon. "Alright let's step it up a notch! Go Cora!"
The Pokeball revealed a Corsola. The pink Pokemon joyfully jumped as it prepared to battle.
"Okay, let's go! Aqua ring!"
The Corsola hummed as a blue aura surrounded it's body.

Wow...we actually took it out. He was about to say words of congratulations to Dunsparce, before he saw the snake like Pokémon drop from the sky and land on the platform not so gracefully on his head. Newt cringe when he saw this.

“Sparcy...you okay?”

“Spaaaaaaarce.” Came the drawn out cry of the tired pokemon.

“That took a lot out of you...didn’t it?” Newt asked. “Maybe try to do less tiring moves, take things a little easier.”

Dunsparce nodded, catching his breath on the platform, rattling its tail. It opened its eyes slightly, flashing multiple yellow colors. Glare, a move that didn’t require any strenuous movements

“...Scald?”

Before Newt could process the attack, a fountain of scalding water was lobbed on Dunsparce. The burning water made Dunsparce shriek out, jumping off the platform to cooler waters below. On splashing down in the water, steam plumed up from the difference in temperature. Dunsparce floated to the top, spirals in his eyes and a red forehead.

“Dunsparce...” Newt gulped, feeling guilt about his partner’s condition. “Come back, i’ll Make it up to you, I promise.”

He knelt down and scooped up his partner from the waters below, since he had no pokeball for him. I feel so bad for him getting injured like that...I should just concede this match and not have wynaut meet the same-

Wait.

When he looked back for Wynaut, it was nowhere to be seen. When he turned back to face the gym leader, there Wynaut was, hopping happily over to Corsola.

“Wait no!”

Wynaut landed on corsola’s platform, cocking it’s head to the left as it waited a response from its ‘friend.’

“Uh...r-right!” Newt snapped back into reality. “Wynaut, go and uh...attack?”

He just realized that he had no idea what any of Wynaut’s attacks were. He had just gotten this Pokémon recruited for his team but hadn’t the faintest idea what it used to attack. Heck, he didn’t even know it’s typing! But regardless, wynaut seemed ready to ‘attack’, simply sitting in place smiling.

“What the...”

"Tentacool, the Jellyfish Pokemon. Its body is almost entirely composed of water. It ensnares its foe with its two long tentacles, then stabs with the poison stingers at their tips."

To say that this encounter had been concerning would have been an understatement. Devin hoped that he'd find some Pokemon that could be used to help get his Growlithe and Terra to work as one. A controlled experiment. But it seemed Devin's luck had proven to be on the short side as the first Pokemon he bumped into happened to have a typing that had been super effective against both of them. But given the nature of Terra and how eager Growlithe seemed to be it seemed that backing down had not been on the table.

Besides, it had been 2 on 1. This should be easy in spite of that disadvantage...Devin tried to convince himself.

"Alright. Terra use Rock Throw, Growlithe use Ember!" Devin called out, as both the rock and fire type moved apart to the sides as both aimed to blast the jellyfish Pokemon with their projectiles. Terra fired her series of rocks in a diagonal path as she aimed to blast it right in the face as she figured that'd be the ideal spot to do the most damage. Unfortunately, as Growlithe fired its mini fireballs it also aimed at a disgonal from the opposite side and also aimed to hit it in the face. So both attacks clashed into each other before they made contact with the Tentacool as an explosion of flint and dirt kicked up in the air though out of the smoke the Tentacool had been quick to respond.

"Tentacool!" The Tentacool cried out before it unleashed a bubble beam that blasted both Terra and the Growlithe back as they tumbled along and before Devin even had a chance to react the Tentacool fled the scene and as if this entire thing had not gone south enough once Terra & Growlithe recovered both began to bark and growl at each other as they blamed the other for stealing their "spot" of attack as Devin pinched his nose in irritation.

What am I gonna do?

Is that...Wynaut’s move?

He heard Mr.mime fought with miming but fighting with faces? That was completely unexpected...especially this literal ‘face’ off between the two pokemon. He didn’t know what to tell Wynaut to do, since he was left in the dark about his moveset. He was hoping Wynaut would be able to command itself? Maybe?

Wynaut returned fire with its own funny faces, it’s ears dragging down it’s bottom eye lids, although revealing no eyes. At this point Newt was at a loss. He turned to Levi.

“...what’s going on?”

Jacky and the Corsola laughed. Jacky clear her throat. "Listen, I wouldn't be a good gym leader if I didn't know what a Wynaut can do. So, let's settle this with one shot. Me and Cora will hit you with our best move and if that doesn't knock you out, well you know what happens after that, right?" She took a deep breath and smiled. "Do we have a deal?"

“...uh...what are you talking about...?”

Newt was lost. What was it a Wynaut could do? Was it so weak that it could be eliminated easily in one shot? It didn’t seem to have much combat ability...

“Wy, Wy!”

Wynaut laughed light heartedly, a few pink hearts emitting from its mouth after each laugh. It was charm, which was one of its confirmed attacks...if it could be called one.

“I should just call ‘em back so he doesn’t hurt himself...” Newt muttered negatively.

“I mean, he is. But I don’t want him to get hurt-“
At that moment, Wynaut turned around. It’s face looked toward Newt, it’s unchanging expression staring determined at him. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it...but he felt like it was telling him to stay in the fight. He gulped, worried for the blue pokemon.
“Erm...he can stay in.”
Wynaut flipped back to Corsola, sending more of it’s charm hearts to the already pink water type.

As the scalding water that eliminated Dunsparce shortly before rushed toward Wynaut, the blue pokemon raised it’s ear like arms into the air, an orange aura beginning to emmit from his body.

“Wy...naaaaaut....” it began to say in a slightly more deep voice.

The scald seemed to stop midair when in contact with this barrier. After that, it flung back at Corsola at double the speed and intensity. Wynaut’s frame trembled a bit after using this, like it used some power to do.

....what....

Jacky sighed as the Wynaut's move activated. She saw it coming, but there wasn't much else they could do. The scald hit Corsola and sent it flying into the water and then it surfaced unconscious.
Jacky smiled and returned her Pokemon. "Congrats Wynaut you won!" She looked over at the trainer. "I can't say the same about you. You came in here without knowing what your partner are capable off and the only reason you won is because they basically battled on their own. I suggest you get to know them better before going to any other gym, they won't be as forgiving as I was. Now come and get your badge."

As the scald eliminated Corsola in one blow, Newt was left speechless. Is Wynaut THAT powerful? The little pokemon seems to boast some kind of power he wasn’t aware of. To be frank, he still didn’t know all about how it worked. Some kind of reflection technique? He wasn’t sure.

“Well...that was something Wynaut!” Newt spike in a pleasantly surprised voice.

This was short lived however, as the gym leader was quick to scold him on his knowing of his partner’s abilities. He was flustered before long at all.

“W-well! I’ve only known him a day, so I can’t know everything about him!”

Was it anger that filled his body, or was it shame? Deep down he knew which of the two, but he wasn’t going to say which. He didn’t need too, it was written all over his face. He reluctantly walked over and grabbed the badge without making eye contact with the gym leader, as he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“Wynaut?” Wynaut tilted it’s head, jumping up on equal ground with Newt.

Ken narrowed his gaze on the battle as he watched it unfold. "Can't do anything but attack because of the Taunt, so might as well go all out." He said to himself. "Now Magi! Use Ember plus Dragon Rush!" Surrounding himself in a draconic aura and building up flames In his mouth, Magi charged at the opposing Mawile, aiming to clash in the middle.

Due to Mawile's fairy typing, Dragon Rush by itself would have done nothing. With this in mind, Ken thought to combine the move with one that would work and turned the Dragon Rush into a speed boost. "Hope this works."

Last edited:
Ellen reeled with shock. With the increase in speed from the earlier Dragon Dance, as well as the addition of Dragon Rush, Magi was a streak of red and draconic purple that scarred the air. The Charmander was before Cordelia in record time, and though she didn't have enough time, Ellen quickly formulated a plan of the utmost complexity and tactical brilliance which, should it succeed, would hoist them out of this dangerous situation.

"Quick! Stop it!"

A panicked squeak relayed her orders. Though Cordelia neither had the time nor presence of mind to interpret her trainer's brilliant plan. So she simply kept doing what she was doing. Her jaws opened wide, welcome the blitzing Charmander. The draconic comet slammed into her body, scaley powers burning across her steely skin. Her own fairy typing protected her from damage, but she was jarred by the impact. The deceptive Pokemon, however, fully intended to clamp her massive jaws over Magi's and forcefully muzzle the smaller pokemon with her superior jaw-strength.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan wanted to congratulate the inexperienced trainer for his victory, but he could tell that congratulations would be the last thing that the new gym challenger wanted. With that in mind, the aspiring trainer went to challenge the gym leader himself, but not without giving the reluctant trainer a solemn look.

"If you don't mind, I would also like to challenge this gym," Rowan paused as he thoughtfully considered his next words, "I understand if you can't or simply don't want to. I'm not opposed to coming back tomorrow,"

"Let's see, I have Astraea, Beepbeep, hopefully Kangaskhan and then Magikarp. What will I name you?" Sandra thought out loud as she looked at the Pokéball of Magikarp. "Ah! I've got it! Sir Flopsalot!" Content with the nickname for Magikarp, though it was debatable if the Pokémon thought the same way about it, she made her way towards the gym to see Rowan's fight.

Opening the door of the gym, she saw Rowan challenge the gym leader. Deciding to not break his concentration, she decided to stay silent and just watch the fight that would take place.

While Ellen reeled back in shock and spat out her panicked order, Ken looked on in awe. “Wow amazing, she barely said anything and her pokemon understood what she said perfectly. They must be very close.” He said to himself, completely oblivious of the situation.

Meanwhile, Magi turned to face the oncoming jaw of the opposing pokemon after hitting her straight on. “Alright Magi, unleash your fire now!” Ken shouted from behind. Raising his own jawline, the fire lizard let loose the fire ball in its mouth straight into the large jaw closing in towards him.

Jacky looked up at Rowen. "Wow you guys just keep on coming hub? My Pokemon are being healed. I'll accept your challenge! Do you need me to repeat the rules?"
Jacky was beginning to get annoyed, she was battling one trainer after another. They were clearly aware of her tricks already so she was at a big disadvantage. Her Pokemon were taken to her after being healed. The same three considering the challenger's gym history.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan nodded his head no since he was now moderately familiar of how these gym battles are supposed to go. Granted, he did feel guilty about bombarding this gym leader with yet another battle after she had to deal with an opponent who had autopiloting Pokèmon. Knowing that her Pokémon were all water type, he was well prepared with all the necessary coverage.

"Ready when you are," The aspiring trainer kept his tone polite and respectful, if only to prevent the gym leader from associating with his more aggressive, competitive side when it came to Pokémon battles.

Sandra's eyes widened as she saw the Poliwag. A Water gym huh? She was tempted to help Rowan with advice, but figured that it would be unfair and she didn't want to see Rowan get disqualified for outside help. There was nothing wrong with cheering someone on though, otherwise there would be a very boring battle. This was a gym, and fights were bound to draw some attention. "Come on Rowan, you know how to handle Water types! Believe in your partners, just like we talked about!" Hoping that Rowan would start with either Mantí or his Voltorb who she thought was called Sulum, she cheered her friend on.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan gave breathed deeply, his mind removed any and all distractions from his view. All that the Alolan trainer could see was his opponent in front of him, though he also remained aware of Sandra cheering him on from the sidelines. As of now, there were two options that were obvious to him: sending out Sulum or sending out Mantì. While both would be proficient in taking down the Poliwag, Rowan knew that in order to take out Corsola, who seemed to be the gym leader's ace in the hole, he knew he had to save his own ace for that event.

"Sulum, get out here," He threw the Pokèball that revealed his Voltorb, who seemed to be ready and eager to battle. A confident grin painted itself on Rowan's face, knowing that he had a good chance of winning this badge.

"I suppose I'll start; Sulum, use Spark!" The ball shaped Pokèmon nodded as "he" enveloped himself in electricity. After this, he bolted towards the Poliwag at a considerably fast pace.

"Great start! Let's use the battlefield to our advantage! In the water Polo!" Jacky called out. The Poliwag jumped into the water and disappeared below it. It swam around and came out in the opposite platform the Voltorb was on. "Now let's gain some speed, Rain dance!" The Poliwag began shaking his body, causing storm clouds to appear and a heavy rain falling on the field.