• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

As Devin watched the battle, his Growlithe's eyes seemed locked at the action as he watched both trainers battle in dazzling but an intense display. Its focus in particular seemed to be on the trainer that seemed so found of it earlier as it lolled it tongue happily, and as this happened Terra noticed Sandra & Rowan had worked to clean the trash as the Rockruff tugged on Devin's pants.

"Oh uh, you guys want some help?" Devin asked, a sheepish guilt rose as he had not noticed this sooner as his partner already went to work and nugged some trash over into one of the bags Sandra had to offer aid.

"Sure, many hand make light work after all." Sandra smiled at Devin before thanking Terra for helping her. "Though you could challenge the gym if you want, we're almost done here anyway." She said as she dumped a trash bag in a trash can. "And that's it." An empty Awakening got tossed in the trash as Sandra clapped once. "So, nervous for the gym?"

Levi had no need to reply to Newt’s comment, as it became very apparent that at the far end of the building, a wide body of water with two small platforms would act as the arena.

“Gym’s are typically designed to fit the leaders type and fighting style. I could only assume this is a water gym.” As Levi finished his explanation, a gruff, yet feminine voice made its presence known.
A young woman standing on the opposite side of the arena was already preparing for battle, clearly excited about the prospect of a fight.

“Alright. I’ll go first and let you get a feel for what these gym matches are like. There should be podium for viewers along the side of the arena.” With that final remark, Levi gave Newt a thumbs up, before running up to the platform ahead of him.

“I’m Levi of Kanto. And I’ll be your opponent. What are your guidelines?” The chestnut haired boy questioned whilst sliding a Pokeball from his jacket pocket.

“Rigel is at a disadvantage here...looks like Elekid will just have to do.”

"Kanto? How original." Jacky said sarcastically. "Two to Three Pokemon, depends on how many you have with you. You may only switch Pokemon ONCE during the entire battle." She stretched her arms and then grabbed a Nest ball from her belt. "I'll start. I Jacky, the Water Gym Leader, accept your challenge."

(Pirates of the Caribbean theme starts playing)

"Go Polo!" Jacky threw her Nest ball in the air, a Poliwag appeared on the platform. The Pokemon had a mean look and moved his tail to the sides slowly. "Ready whenever you are, Levi!"

Levi took the leaders comment about his home with a grain of salt. Lots of gym leaders were known for having big mouths. Instead, he threw his Pokéball out onto the platform.

“Two it is then.” He added as the bright flash or red dissipated, revealing...Rigel.

“Sand Tomb directly in the water, back to back!” He shouted, giving his opponent no time to react.

“Pinch! Pinch! Pinch!” One after the other, Rigel created a flurry of Sand Tombs that quickly died out as they hit the water, shooting small clumps of sand all over the bottom of the pool.

"I can't wait to see what you're planning!" Jacky cried out excitedly. "Polo, Encore! Then follow up with rain dance!"

Polo began hitting the floor with his tail, creating a clapping sound. Then he shivered rapidly, creating rain clouds above the battle field. It began to rain. Polo jumped up, feeling lighter.

"We got speed and water power now!"

Levi grinned at the gym leaders actions, clearly not fazed by the Encore.

Didn’t realize the gym leader would HELP me during this fight.” The boy thought to himself as he took in the setting around him, thinking of how it could play to his advantage.

“Don’t let up Rigel! As many as you can!”

“Trapiiiiinch!” Rigel roared as a multitude of muddy vortexes dispersed throughout the water. Encore was an annoying move, but it was only stable for roughly 2-5 attacks, and Rigel was going far beyond that if he could.

Since Levi’s enemy had done nothing to obstruct Rigel’s actions, the very bottom of the pool had nearly been completely coated in a thin layer of mud and wet sand. Due to this, the pool as a whole had taken on a murky amber color, becoming saturated with small particulates of sand.

“Just a bit more and the effects of Encore will end...”

“Jump and use Sand Tomb on the platform!” As Levi gave the command, Rigel put his stubby legs to good use, jumping several feet into the air, before casting a Sand Tomb down onto the platform beneath him.

The vortex helped keep Rigel elevated for a brief moment while also absorbing the impact of Scald, causing globs of wet sand to pepper out along the surface of the pool.

Rigel capitalized on this moment of air time and aimed to land on the other platform a short distance away.

“Trap!-pinch?” Rigel hesitated for a moment, looking over to Levi. The timing was perfect.

Encore had ended.

“Alright Rigel! Now use Signal Beam!” As the chestnut haired boy shouted this command, his partner pokemon began gathering a ball of swirling multi-colored energy in his mouth.

“Piiiinch!” A thick beam rocketed along the water, aimed right for Polo.

Boom~

As the wave of energy collided with the superheated water, a wall of steam erupted outwards, covering the arena in a thick steam cloud.

Rigel...Return...” Levi whispered, utilizing the cloud of steam to his advantage, before silently releasing his second pokemon.

A bright flash of red light cut through the dissipating steam, followed by the splash of a Pokémon hitting the water.
The remaining steam made it hard to see the field, yes, but that didn’t effect Levi’s plans. His opponent however...she likely couldnt see what was occurring.

“Thundershock!” With that simple command...all hell broke loose.

Elekid, hidden by the steam and water, released a dense beam of electricity. Due to the water now being full of particulates, and the air above the arena now dense with water molecules, the beam of electricity exploded outwards in a massive fashion, completely igniting the pool of water in an electrical light show. The hairs on Levi’s neck stood on end from the residual static dancing through the air.

This was truly a water types worst nightmare.

*Beep Beep Beep*

The flickering lights on Ellen's poketch turned solid as the Pokedex app finished its scan of Ken's Charmander. Displayed as digital information, was as much information on Charmander as a pokedex could reasonably know. This meant quite a lot, but Ellen's focus was on two things, Charmander's possible abilities and moves. She took a few seconds to scan through the list, taking note of what she considered the most dangerous move in Charmander's probable arsenal — Flare Blitz.

Definitely couldn't let that one land. As Ellen returned her focus to the battle at hand, she could see Cordelia's intimidating display, snapping her jaws together as she leered down at her opponent.

"Alright Cordelia, let's kick things off! 『Fake Tears』!"

A master of deception, Cordelia's expression changed at a glance, now pitiful and demure as tears began to form in the corners of her eyes.

Polo took the thundershock attack directly since he wasn't able to see it coming. The Poliwag cried out before it fainted.

Jacky sighed. "Oh well didn't see that coming I guess..." She returned the Pokemon back into it's Pokeball. She held up a NetBall. "Okay this one is a little more interesting!"

She threw the Pokeball and out came a Corsola. "Let's do this Cora!" Jacky yelled as the Corsola jumped up joyfully. "Let's begin with Aqua ring!"

Corsola closed her eyes and began to glow, being covered in a thin water veil.

“Corsola, huh? Alright then. Elekid, use Shockwave!” Elekid surfaced from the water and jumped up onto the nearest platform, before releasing an omnidirectional wave of weak electrical energy.

Levi glanced over to Newt, curious to see what his friend may be think of the battle.

“Hope your enjoying the show, because your up next.”

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Newt had silently gone over to the side to watch the battle, wanting to avoid an awkward interaction with the gym leader as well as curious to see how these battles went. Before long, the battle erupted.

Sand, water, and electricity were flung, and before long, trapinch was called back and Elekid took his spot. Now that elekid was the one in the spotlight, Corsola prepped with it’s mirror coat. This aura looked...familiar for some reason.

“What’s it...doing?” Newt said out loud. “I don’t think elekid will have an easy time with this...”

A releasing sound was heard “Wynaut?”

Newt looked over to the side with a mildly annoyed expression, not bothering to respond. Dunsparce had nestled in Newt’s Hood, deeply engrossed in the fight

Last edited:
Levi arched an eyebrow as his opponent shouted out for Mirror Coat, quickly collecting his thoughts as the wave of electricity ‘bounced’ off Corsola.

“Dive in the water and use Shockwave again!” In a panicked fashion, Elekid belly flopped into the water and used Shockwave once more.

FZZZZ~

The Mirror Move enhanced Shockwave collided with water enhanced Shockwave, creating a crackling buzz as the two moves canceled each other out.

Elekid visibly sweat dropped at the close call, before pulling himself back onto the platform.

“That was a good move, I can understand why your a gym leader....but you should know more than anyone that shouting out your plans is a rookie mistake.” Levi crossed his arms as he finished, trying to think up a way around this tactic.
Corsola was clearly made for stalling, so his best bet would be to hinder its ability to react effectively.

“Elekid, use Quick Attack!” Elekid rocketed off the platform, leaving a white streak in his wake. In almost an instant, the electric Pokémon had cleared the gap between himself and Corsola, aiming to ram into it head on.

“Dynamic Punch!” At the last second, Elekid came to a dead stop. His fist was now coated in a vibrant burnt orange energy which was aimed to smash into the right side of Corsola from point blank range.

"Not with that puny power!" Jacky called out.

The Corsola took the hit, maintaining it's place. She then glared at Elekid with a confident smirk on it's face. Of course, it's eyes glowing read because of the confusion.

"Refresh! Then earth power!" Jacky smiled and crossed her arms. The Elekid was too close to escape.

The Corsola shook herself and cured the confusion, the cried out as the floor under the Elekid began to tremble.

Unfortunately, Jacky took too much time talking smack, which indeed gave Elekid all the time he would need.

“Pft. Quick Attack and run!” While Corsola was using Refresh, Elekid pushed off the rocky Pokémon and launched himself back onto the platform across from his opponent.

“You’re not that amazing at timing your attacks I see.” Levi felt more and more confident as the battle went on. Sure, Corsola was made for stalling, but Jacky had severely overestimated its attack speed.

“It appears you intend to stall until Elekid gets tired. If that’s the case, I’ll have to end this in one attack. Elekid, use Dynamic Punch on the platform, back to back!”

“Ele-kidkidkidkid!” Elekid began smashing his energy coated fists into the platform beneath him.

Crack...Crack...Crack...

Slowly, the platform began to crack and crumble under the force of the attacks, slowly but surely crumbling at the edges.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"You two are going to battle? OK, well I have a few potions for the two of you when you get done. In the meantime, I hope you two both do an amazing job and I'll be cheering you both on!" Lizzie went to sit down and watch when she noticed a boy sitting there, with his pokemon.

"Oh hi, ummmm I'm Lizzie. What's your name?" She then took the time to notice the two pokemon that the boy had with him. "And who are these cuties you're traveling with? This one is like a small gas ball, and this one is spiky puffball! Please introduce me won't you mister?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Hearing the comment about how a Pokémon would be happier in their natural habitat got Rowan thinking.

I know that Mantì wants to be here, but what about the others? Would Sulum or K18 be happier in their natural habitats? Heck, would Aco be happier being released in the city, since from a certain perspective, I kinda kidnapped him in his sleep.

Shaking these discomforting thoughts off, Rowan took it upon himself to answer Sandra's question after throwing away a discarded apple core.

"I'm a little nervous, considering that I've never done a gym battle before..." The young trainer scratched his hair nervously before finishing his statement, "But I'm sure that I can work something out!" He turned to Devin after giving Sandra a smile that was accompanied with an admiring stare: the source of said admiration being her understanding of Pokémon, understanding Rowan could only dream of having.

"What about you Devin? Are you in any way nervous for the gym challenge?"

“That’s...one good corsola...”

Seeing the pink pokemon take such a pinch like a champ, he couldn’t believe his eyes. Not only that, but it recovered from the damage and it’s confusion while counterattacking. These battles sure were tense...

“C’mon Levi...you got this...”

He caught himself. Was he...getting into this? Surely not. He took a deep breath and stood back from the situation, observing closer

Last edited:
At the sight of the intimidating display from the opposing pokemon, Magi returned Cordelia's glare with his own as he held his claws out beside him, small growls escaping his mouth as he built up anticipation.

Magi was expecting some sort of attack to come his way which was why the Steel/Fairy type's sudden attitude change caught the fire lizard off guard. The previously fierce look she gave off was now replaced with a pitiful demeanor. In response to this, Magi's expression also changed. He was now a lot less tense, his arms limp beside his body instead of extended and at the ready, while looking down at Cordelia with a frown, as if he was severely disappointed.

While this happened, Ken was also observing the opposing pokemon. "It appears their tactic worked." He said to himself as he noticed Magi's reaction to Fake Tears. "Magi! Don't let your guard down!" He shouted.

Ajax grinned with anticipation, a challenging glint in his eyes. "Great; let's head over to the field, then." After asking Nurse Joy if they could borrow the field in the back and receiving permission, the teen then made his way over to the training grounds and taking his place on the far end of the battlefield. Letting Florian drop down from his perch on his trainer's shoulder, Ajax sent out Pyro as well, from whom the Treecko warily kept his distance. The trainer folded his arms and called out to Atticus, "Since we both have two Pokemon, we can do a 2-on-2, singles battle." That being said, Ajax gestured for Pyro to move forward onto the field, and Florian nodded in understanding before silently walking back next to his trainer. "That alright with you?"

“Fine by me!” Atticus chimed, raising a thumb and smiling at his opponent.
”Jett, front a center. I wanna see what you can do!” The Buizel cheered and walked into the battle field, standing only a few steps in front of Atticus. Both trainer and Pokémon had eyes filled with an excited fire, fueled by their mutual love for battling. I may have the type advantage but he’s older and probably has more experience. I can’t afford to let my guard down for a second!
“Aqua Tail!” Atticus shouted, waving his arm and pointing it in front of his body while he commanded the attack. Jett’s tail glowed a shimmering blue and white, and the orange weasel dashed on all fours towards the floating candle before jumping into the air and preforming a front flip, swinging the shinning aqua tail towards the fire type.

"Perfect. Alright then, it's time to make your big debut, Pyro; let's have some fun!" Ajax called out as the battle began. Watching as Jett the Buizel lunged at Pyro with an Aqua Tail, he shouted a command: "Use Minimize and follow up with Confuse Ray!" The Litwick complied at barely the right time, suddenly shrinking in size and hurrying away from the attack, avoiding it with clear distance. Pyro then stared straight into Jett's eyes with a deadpan smile as the flame atop his head flickered in an alluring fashion. Embers that scattered from the dancing flame circled around in a hypnotizing manner in an attempt to disorient and confuse the Buizel, giving more opportunities to attack later on.

CRASH~

With one final punch, the platform beneath Elekid gave way, causing the electric Pokémon to fall into the water. The Scald attack missed the top of Elekid’s by a...metaphorical hair.

“Now do it again at the base of the other platform!”

Elekid sunk deeper in the water, his body being cloaked in a thin veil of white energy as he did so. The small electric Pokémon activated Quick Attack, allowing it to more effectively maneuver through the water to the other platform.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

The final platform was rocked by Elekids onslaught of energy infused punches, likely causing anything on the platform to lose its balance.

“Come on...Elekid won’t be able to hold his breath for much longer...”

“Perfect.”

Levi had expected a counterattack, and that’s exactly what he was hoping for. Elekid was keeping a close eye on the surface, and was fully aware of Corsola’s attack.

“Wait...wait...now!”

Elekid activated Quick Attack and waited for the attacks to be launched. Then, at the last moment, he kicked off the side of the platform as hard as he could, shooting himself out of the way like a bullet.

BOOM~

The rocks smashed into the cracked pillar, causing it to give way and plummet into the water. Elekid surfaced for a moment to catch his breath, giving Levi a thumbs up as he did so.

“She wants to make a new platform with the rocks? Don’t know how she expects the rocks to not knock each other around.”

Corsola landed calmly on the water and continued to use rock tomb on the same spot. The rocks piling up, four by four.

"Good Cora!" Jacky called out. "One more and get out of the water!"

Corsola used one more rock tomb, just enough for the rocks to be above water level. She then joyfully got on top.

"Okay we're safe again, I'm interested in your next move!" Jacky told Levi with a smile on her face.

"Watch out! Mirror coat!" Jacky shouted back.

Corsola took the hit, she cried out as the electricity flowed threw her body. She tried to use mirror coat, but fell on her side instead unconscious.

Jacky sighed and returned Corsola. "I guess you were too powerful. Great job! Come get your badge!" She offered the badge and waited for the trainer to get it.

Last edited:
"Alright, switch tactics, Cordelia use 『Growl』!"

In the blink of an eye, both literally and metaphorically, the tears in Cordelia's eyes were gone, and the Mawile had once again brought its vicious front to bare, releasing grim snarls and she growled to intimidate her opponent once more. Of course, Ellen had no real intention to stay completely passive with status moves, as she next moved onto the offensive and called out her next move.

"Follow up with 『Fairy Wind』!"

Following her trainer's orders, the Mawile spun, sweeping her massive hind-jaws as she threw a glittery stream of wind at her opponent.

And just like that, it was over. Corsola was tanky, but it couldn’t outpace the offenses of Elekid, type advantage and all. Newt gave the smallest of smile’s as Levi got his badge. curiosity got the best of him as he walked over to Levi to see this new badge.

“Well congrats, that was really...really something.” Newt said rubbing his right arm shyly. “What does it look like...?”

Levi jogged around the edge of the arena, taking the badge with apprehension and a sparkle in his eyes.

“It was a great battle. Good luck in your future matches.” With that, Levi gave a two-fingered salute, before turning to Newt.

“I’m really glad you liked the battle.” The chestnut haired boy gave his friend a warm smile, perking up when the boy got curious about his new badge.

“Here it is. My first gym badge.”

The badge glistened in the gym light, enhancing the presentation of the ocean blue swirl design. It really was worth the effort.

“It wouldn’t have been possible without your help...” Levi trailed off, looking to the worn out Elekid standing at his side.

“...Ion.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Newt looked away when Levi mentioned how Newt liked the battle. He wasn’t used to complements, nor did he know how to respond to them. Best course of action? Act like they never happened. Instead he looked at the badge he had just received from the gym leader.

“Looks pretty...” Newt said, almost mesmerized by it.

Maybe he’ll forget my end of the bargain about fighting next...

Devin listened to Sandra's question as it concerned the Gym and he had some...mixed emotions, as he and Terra helped clean up the remaining scraps Rowan & Sandra had not already cleaned up as he thought over his answer.

"W-well uh, I don't think I am ready this second to challenge one of the best trainers in the region. I think I need to at least see how I click with my new Growlithe first before I toss it into the fire." Devin explained to the pair as he figured Growlithe could use at least a battle's experience before he dared to take it up against a seasoned Gym Leader. Growlithe seemed to hear its name mentioned as it dashed over and barked happily towards the group.

While it seemed to on accident bump Terra aside as the Rocktuff glared at it. Devin sighed at getting this two to work as one seemed to be a taller task than he feared.

Jett hobbled on his feet, clearly disoriented. A nice combo. I’ll have to think harder if I want to win this.
“Water Sport!” Atticus cried out to his confused pokemon. Though confused, the Buizel was still able to shoot a pillar of water into the air, weakening the abilities of its opponent.
“Now water gun!” Jett now spun in circles, firing powerful bursts of water in all directions, Atticus hoped to simply prevent the Litwick from coming in for an attack while they waited out the confused state.

Sandra smiled at Rowan as she patted him on his shoulder. "I'm sure you'll do fine, just do what feels right in the moment. I'll be there to cheer you and your Pokémon on, no matter the result of your battle. After all, isn't the main reason behind fighting to have fun?" Hoping that she reassured Rowan, the Johtonian turned to Devin.

"I can certainly see where you're coming from, a good bond with your Pokémon is important to have. Trust goes both ways after all. If you don't trust your Pokémon in a fight, they will not trust you in making decisions and act on themselves. Sure, badges help with obedience but no one said that you have to own badges to earn the trust of your Pokémon. If you want to get a feel of how your Growlithe fights, I could spar with you. We'd both use one Pokémon that we are new to and see how well we can bond with them, what do you say?"

Watching Terra glare at the Growlithe, Sandra began to think. "Devin, do you have any ideas on how to relieve the stress between Growlithe and Terra? From what my Pokédex says, they are natural rivals in Alola apparently and that would increase tension between them. I am no expert on Rockruff or Growlithe, my expertise is more with Water Pokémon, but I think that Terra might be a bit afraid that Growlithe will take away some of the attention you used to give her. I'm willing to help relieve some tension, but I don't know how much of a help I can be."

Astraea meanwhile was getting bored and noticed a nearby canal, maybe they could find some trash in there that Sandra forgot? Waddling forward, they dropped themselves into the water and felt at home. The canal seemed to be a passageway from the sea to an inland sea, given the water was salty. But there was a surprising lack of Pokémon around, and Astraea could not figure out why. But there was a couple of bones in the water, they had to be from the trash cans. As the Staryu swam towards the bones, they noticed bite marks on them. Confused as to how bad the teeth of this human had to be for these bite marks to be possible, the water behind them rumbled as something was moving. Turning around on a dime, Astraea looked straight into the eyes of multiple green fish with jagged fins, a red stripe on their bodies and sharp teeth. It didn't take a genius to figure out that they had to get out of the water fast, and Astraea did just that. A light blue outline surrounded its body and its core turned blue as well, the Psywave blasted the school of Basculin back and launched Astraea out of the water, landing on the pavement next to the canal.

Sandra turned around as she heard the water splashing way too much for just a small scuffle between Pokémon underwater. Noticing Astraea lying on the pavement and the Basculin floating on the surface, she had a relatively decent idea of what happened. She ran over towards Astraea, but couldn't find any injuries. "Sorry Astraea, I completely forgot about you. Go get some rest now." She recalled the Staryu before checking on the fainted Basculin floating around. "What Pokémon is that?" She whipped out her Pokédex and read the entry.

"When a school of Basculin appears in a lake, everything else disappears, except for Corphish and Crawdaunt. That's how violent Basculin are."

Sandra withheld a cringe, these Pokémon were not to be messed with and yet Astraea faced them. Did she really not pay enough attention to her Pokémon that they got in life risking situations?