• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Adam watched and took out his Pokédex to learn about the Pokémon that were battling.

"Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon. Numerous tiny spikes cover the bottoms of Treecko's feet, allowing it to walk on ceilings and walls."

Pretty cool, I guess.

"Litwick, the Candle Pokémon. Litwick appear to be helping to guide the way of people by illuminating areas that are darkened, but in reality they are actually leading them to the Ghost World. They feed off the life energy of people and Pokémon, and use it as fuel for the flames on their heads."

Umm... that's a bit creepy but then again it's a ghost Pokémon and those tend to have creepy Pokédex entries, if I recall correctly.

"Emolga, the Sky Squirrel Pokémon. Emolga lives in trees and uses its cape-like membrane to glide through the air."

Okay, seems alright.

"Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon. Buizel's collar can be used as a flotation device when inflated. Its head stays above water when floating."

As the final entry was heard Adam heard another, less robotic voice, nearby. A young girl sat next to the trainer and introduced herself before asking about his Pokémon. Korei laughed at Lizzie's enthusiasm and flew around her before giving her a playful lick to the face which caused Adam to have a worried look on his face.

"You're lucky Korei hasn't evolved yet, I heard Haunter's licks can be deadly. Sorry that he did that anyways though, he should've asked you if he was allowed as his licks can make some people uncomfortable."

The ghost Pokemon just laughed at his trainer's remarks. Meanwhile the Qwilfish smiled at Lizzie, enjoying the attention. Adam petted the Balloon Pokémon, careful not to touch its spikes which caused it to be even happier.

"My name's Adam, the "spiky puffball" is Hiruko and the "small gas ball" is Korei," he said.

Devin listened to Sandra as she mentioned the rocky relationship between his Rock Type and newly acquired Fire Type, which made him think back to the Pokedex Entry that talked of the rivalry that the Rockruff & Growlithe had with each other as he realized this was an issue that had not been merely resolved with Growlithe's capture. Sanda even said that Terra may have had resentment or worry that Devin's attention would shift to it instead of her which caused him to sigh.

Being a trainer involved a lot more headaches than he expected.

Either way, he considered her words and nodded. "Yeah, I gotta try to smooth the waters." Devin said to Sandra as he moved down to a knee to face his twin dog Pokemon as he was oblivious to the exploits of the curious Staryu.

"Alright, let me make one thing clear Terra. You are my partner, nothing no matter how many Pokemon I get will ever change that. No matter who or what Pokemon we add to the party. And Growlithe, just because Terra was first doesn't mean I won't do my best to be the best partner I can be for you. But if we are gonna be a team we have to learn to work with each other not turn it into a fight between us. I think we just need a fresh start and try to find what brings us together rather than what drives us apart. I'll do my best to help with that, can I count on your guys to help?" Devin asked, as both Terra and the Growltihe glanced at each other; Terra eyed it curiously while Growlithe actually retracted its tongue for one to give a serious look before they faced Devin.

"Ruff!" (I'll try!)
"Growl!" (I'll try!)

Devin smiled but then all their attention shifted to Sandra whose own partner seemed to have its issues as they walked over towards them. "Hey is Astraea okay?" Devin asked with natural concern as Sandra returned it and a KO'd fish Pokemon lay sprawled out on the floor. One the Growltihe sniffed curiously.

Although confused, the Buizel's erratic Water Gun could prove to be quite troublesome for Pyro, who would take a lot of damage if any of the shots happened to hit. "Minimize once more; avoid the attack as best as you can and then use Astonish!" Ajax called out. The Litwick let out a short chirp and followed instructions, shrinking in size to dodge all of the incoming bursts of water that came his way. As he weaved from side to side away from the Water Gun attack, Pyro began to advance, staying in Jett's field of view until he got close enough. As soon as he was a just a few feet away from the Sea Weasel Pokemon, Pyro shrunk one final time before returning to his original size a few seconds later with a chirp as loud as the Litwick could muster. If he was lucky, Jett would be even more disoriented and thus unable to move along with taking some damage, allowing for a follow-up attack.

The astonish connected with Jett, launching him backwards, kicking up dust as his head connected with the ground. Stunningly, the Buizel immediately jumped up to its feet as it appeared the impact had snapped him out of his confusion.
“All right!” Atticus cheered and pumped his fist.
“Water gun again!” The orange weasel puffed its chest before launching a jet of water, this time much more accurately.

That can't be good. Ajax winced as the powerful stream of water landed a direct hit on Pyro, sending the Litwick back several feet. A weak flame and spiraled eyes indicated that he had now fainted, and the Trainer sighed before beaming Pyro back into his Pokeball. "You fought well; I'm proud of you," He reassured with a smile before putting the Pokeball away. Turning to his shoulder, Ajax now glanced at Florian, who was already raring to go. "Alright, Florian. I'll be counting on you." The Treecko nodded once before leaping off of his Trainer and landing on the battlefield, taking a fighting stance and giving the Buizel the first move.

“This’ll be tough.” Atticus whispered to himself but was still determined to make a good showing against the other trainer’s starter.” I just need to do enough damage to get Topaz the advantage, then I should be set! Atticus didn’t let himself relax even though he had won the first battle. He knew it was largely due to the type advantage and a bit of luck.
Alright! Let’s keep him at a distance. “Buizel water gun!”

Ken's words proved to have arrived a little too late as the growl attack snapped Magi to his sense before he could take in his trainer's words and caused him to jump back. Behind his Pokémon, Ken eyed the pink mist. "Alright Magi, counter it with Ember!"

Following that command, the Charmander started building up pressure in his mouth, a small flame eventually growing into a decently sized fire ball. Magi launched the fire at the mist causing a small smokescreen to appear.

"Now hold an ember and close the distance!" Ken instructed. Magi wasted no time rushing towards Cordelia, sparks of fire leaking out from the sides of his mouth.

As yet another powerful stream of water was shot at Ajax's Pokemon, the trainer allowed a tiny smirk to appear on his face, and he called out, "Florian, use Quick Attack to approach, and then follow up with a combo attack! I'll entrust the rest to you." The Treecko let out a grunt of compliance as a bright white aura began to materialize around his body. Suddenly, Florian lunged forward, weaving underneath, around, and above the Water Gun attack to press the offensive, and his tail began to glow brightly. The Wood Gecko Pokemon then aimed an upward attack with his tail, aiming at Jett's chin and inflicting a strong blow that sent the Sea Weasel Pokemon hurtling straight up through the air. Florian jumped up right along with the airborne Buizel and removed the twig in his mouth, which began to glow with a bright green light and grow in length. The Treecko jabbed the glowing weapon into Jett's side--his take on the move Absorb--and kept it there as the latter's energy seemed to visibly transfer from his to Florian's. After removing the stick, Florian finished his combo with a Pound attack, flipping forward and delivering a harsh strike with his tail to the top of Jett's head, inflicting a large amount of damage and knocking him back down to the ground. (Permission granted by @Mango137 to auto the remainder of this exchange)

Last edited:
Ellen furrowed her brow. Innately Ken's Charmander had the advantage of typing. It could both dish out super effective moves against them and tank their not-very-effective steel and fairy type attacks...or attack. Cordelia only knew one fairy type move after all, and it had produced...not the best of results. Not that now was the time to ponder over such matters, they had to act!

"Cordelia! Keep your guard up!"

As Magi charged across the field, the deceiver pokemon turn its back to the fire lizard, baring its nasty iron fangs.

“Errrr.” Atticus gritted his teeth, frustrated that he’d let his own Pokémon take such a beating. The entire time he had been too stunned to even react. I guess that’s what I get for forcing a battle with a new pokemon. He internally kicked himself for his rash decision that allowed his friend to get hit.

Time to get it back! Atticus took on a determined expression as he returned the buizel and send out Topaz. The flying squirrel chittered with excitement as it preformed a flying backflip.
“Alright, Shockwave!” Topaz scrunched it’s body before extending his arms and releasing a lightning bolt from the pouches on its cheeks that seemed to track down the Treecko.

As the bolt of electricity hurtled toward Florian with an odd precision, Ajax came to the conclusion that this move wouldn't be avoided if his partner simply tried to run and avoid it; quickly studying the battle terrain, the trainer thought fast and promptly called out to the Treecko, "Florian! Use Pound on the ground and use the rubble to protect yourself. Florian's tail began to glow yet again in a bright light, and he hopped up a small distance before flipping forward and slamming his tail on the ground, easily crushing the earth below him. A large chunk of rubble was torn out of the ground, and Florian quickly took hold of the piece, holding it out as the Shock Wave struck the rock. An explosion sounded as the rock was burst apart into dirt and stone, and Florian was left with nothing more than a few scratches from flying debris. "Now, use your tail and hit the rocks back at Topaz!" The Treecko immediately lashed out with his tail, striking the small chunks of rock and sending them flying toward the Emolga.

Atticus smiled, perhaps this trainer could match him in a mental battle, but this set up of Pokémon would be entirely different. Not only did he have the type advantage but instead of being unfamiliar like he was with Jett, he had years of experience with Topaz.

“Counter it with air slash!” The emolga flapped it’s wings and sharp bursts of air cut through incoming rocks and continued towards the Treecko; however, one rock slipped past the defense and slammed Topaz in the stomach, causing damage and sending it falling towards the ground.

“Come on you can do it! Follow it up with quick attack!” Moments before impact, the squirrel, despite being hurt, spread its wings and flew towards Florian, ready to strike if the air slashes were dodged.

Careful to avoid what would have been a large amount of damage from a super effective hit, Florian was caught off balance trying to dodge the Air Slash attacks and jumped into the air, losing much space to counter attack. Unfortunately, Topaz was already hurtling toward the airborne Treecko with a Quick Attack, and Ajax quickly called out, "Fire back with Pound!" As always, Florian's tail began to glow, and with what little momentum he had left, he spun and lashed out with his tail, colliding with with Topaz in a fury of sparks that flew from the attacks meeting each other. However, it was clear that Topaz had the lead in momentum from the exchange, and Florian lost the small bout, being struck in the stomach and sent to the ground with a thud. Despite taking damage, Ajax was relieved that his partner had been able to minimize the amount of damage taken by being hit by Quick Attack rather than Air Slash. That being said, Florian was still running on energy to spare, and the Wood Gecko Pokemon kipped up back onto his feet, a determined glint in his eye. "Attaboy, Florian. This is where we press the offensive. Use Quick Attack!" Florian let out a grunt before lunging forward, darting from one side of Topaz's field of vision to the other, all the while dashing toward the Emolga. Finally, the Treecko jumped straight up, mere inches away from Topaz, and fired a straight lunge to the latter's stomach.

Slightly disoriented from the pound, Topaz wasn’t in good shape to prepare for the unexpected quick attack, luckily Atticus’s voice pierced through the air just soon enough to minimize the damage.
“Quick, Nuzzle!” Mere seconds before impact, the Emolga was barely able to finish coating itself in electricity before rocketing backwards and crashing into the ground, bouncing a number of times before weakly raising himself to his legs.

Though it is never good to see one’s Pokémon near fainting, a confident smile crossed Atticus’s faced for he knew his opponent was paralyzed.
“You can do it Topaz, air slash one last time!” The inspiring roar from his trainer allowed Topaz to muster the strength for one more of his most powerful attacks to launch at his opponent that was now disabled in movement.

Ajax's face darkened as he visibly gritted his teeth and stared at the ground, the Air Slash attacks flew toward his partner. However, his troubled expression slowly twisted to a smug grin, and the trainer snapped his head back up and called out with a much more commanding voice than before, "Knock them aside with your tail; use Pound!" Florian, though his speed was cut by a large percent as electricity coursed around his body, flicked his already glowing tail once before spinning sharply, meeting the Flying-type move head on and causing an explosion of smoke and sparks. When the smoke finally dissipated, there stood Florian, bruised and still wincing from the paralysis, but standing nonetheless. Ajax let out a soft chuckle, though able to be heard by Atticus. His grin still remained as he glared at his opponent, a fiery glint in his eye. "As if I'd lose; a battle's no fun if you don't win." Florian sent a glare of his own toward Topaz, matching his trainer's own in blazing determination. A bright, emerald green light now began to surround the Treecko's body--as well as shining in his eyes--as Overgrow was now triggered; although Grass-type attacks wouldn't be as effective against Topaz at first, Florian's ability would certainly guarantee that the Emolga would still sustain good damage from his now powered up attacks.

“Topaz return.” Atticus held the cherish ball out in his hand and a beam absorbed the Emolga into the capsule. Atticus spoke gently as he smiled at the capsule.
“You did great.” He then looked up, glaring across the field at Ajax.
“If that’s how you feel then you shouldn’t be battling at all. I don’t want anything to do with you.” While it was not an abrasive voice, Atticus’s stern tone was underlined with a burning anger. He truly despised anyone who viewed Pokémon as tools for winning. After pulling himself together, the young boy walked back inside the Pokémon Center, set the balls on the counter, and sat down in the bench for the second time that day- only this time his happy disposition was masked by an angry demeanor.

“Ah.” Ajax’s determined glare immediately dissipated into a look of confusion as Atticus called Topaz back before almost snapping at Ajax and leaving afterward. Did I do something wrong? Florian was just as confused as him, turning back to face his trainer with his head tilted to the side and a look of inquiry. Ajax shrugged and called him back with a gesture of his hand, and his partner, finally feeling the worst of his injuries from battle, limped back with a rather pained expression. The trainer scooped him up before perching him gently on his shoulder, and he pat the Treecko’s head with a smile. “That was an amazing job you did; I’m really proud of you. Let’s go get you healed up.” With that, the two made their way to the Pokemon Center, and upon arrival, Florian was fast asleep, gently cradled in Ajax’s arms. Ajax has noticed Atticus from his periphery, but his first priority was his Pokémon; once he had them on the path to recovery, he could hopefully mend his relationship with what had been a fun battle partner. He made his way to the front desk and asked Nurse Joy, “Hello; could I have my partners healed up? One fainted, and Florian here was pretty roughed up.” Nurse Joy nodded with a smile before gently taking Treecko and Pyro’s Pokeball. “Of course; I’ll have them perfectly healthy in just a few minutes’ time.” Ajax quietly thanked her and watched as his partners were taken to the medical area to be healed. Turning to face Atticus, who seemed to have done the same, he asked with a confused demeanor, making sure not to give the wrong idea in what he would say. “Hey, is there anything I said during the battle that upset you? It wasn’t my intention to say anything negative toward you or your Pokémon. If you were offended by something that I said, I truly am sorry, and I’d like to know what it is so that I can avoid doing it again.”

Last edited:
Magi quickly closed in on Cordelia as the deceiver pokemon raised her guard. "Alright Magi, Fire!" At his trainer's command, Magi let loose the ember he had built up at the opposing pokemon. Using this as a cover, Ken issued another command. "Alright. Now slide and use Ember with your tail!" The Charmander dropped on his back and used his momentum to slide across the ground pass Cordelia. He then followed by jumping back on his feet while flicking a cloud of red sparks at the Mawile with his tail.

Beams of sunlight refracted off the rim of Ellen's glasses as the girl set them higher atop the bridge of her nose. The aforementioned refraction caused her eyes to sparkle with light. Although Ellen was a newbie, she was by no means an idiot. After hearing Ken's orders for Magi to hold an 『Ember』 in its mouth while charging Cordelia, predicting his next move had been a no brainer. Of course, she was more than prepared for it.

"Cordelia, consume it with 『Fire Fang』!"

Flames burst from the Mawile's massive maw filled with steel fangs, with a larger Chomp, she snuffed out the ember, fighting fire with fire. However, although Ellen was at first ecstatic that her preparations and predictions had been perfect, she hadn't accounted for Ken's follow-up order. As Magi slide past Cordelia, the trainer found herself at a temporary loss, until the way Magi had flicked his tail gave her an idea.

"Cordelia, attack the ground!"

With Cordelia's hind-jaws having been facing the Charmander, its act of sliding past her had placed it right before her eyes. As the Mawile whipped its flame-filled hind-jaws into the ground, the miniature explosion that rang out send her flying right at Magi. She soared through the cloud of 『Ember』, the flames peppering her steel body for a brief moment before she passed out the other side.

In an instant, she was right before her foe, and as she spun in mid-air to angle her jaws better, her trainer called out.

"Now Cordelia~! 『Poison Fang』!!"

Vile toxins bubbled between the Mawile's fangs, as her jaws opened wide and prepared a crushing chomp for Magi.

“If you only care about winning you shouldn’t have a right to own Pokémon.” Atticus cut back at the man who had attempted to apologize. People who spoke of Pokémon as means to gain personal victory disgusted him and he would not stay around to be associated with them. Without even making eye contact with Ajax, Atticus rose from his seat, walked to the counter, collected his pokeballs and headed outside.

Pop Pop! Both Jett and Topaz emerged from their respective balls with a flash, being released just outside of the center.
“Hey! It’s good to see you both in such good shape, it’s amazing what they can do!” Jett and Topaz both smiled and bounced around, expressing their delight. A huge grin covered Atticus’s face, the joy his Pokémon brought him made him forget all about the jerk he had just encountered.
“What’d you say we go head out? Let’s find even more friends and become stronger!” His Pokémon nodded in agreement and followed him into the woods. That’s right! I have to get stronger so I can protect my Pokémon from people like that. Atticus fixed his hat and led his Pokémon into the dark forest that engulfed them.

If I only care about winning...? Did I accidentally imply that when Florian's Overgrow activated? Damn, that's not what I meant at all! Ajax couldn't recall a single time when he had ever put victory over the well-being of his Pokemon, but after further thought, his reckless command to keep Florian in the fight could definitely have led to further damage than what had already been taken. His train of thought was gently interrupted by Nurse Joy's soft voice saying that Florian and Pyro had been healed. Sending them both out, Ajax squatted down and smiled at his Pokemon. "I already said this, but again, you both did an amazing job; I'm beyond proud of you. Now," He started, standing back up before recalling Pyro and Florian to their respective Pokeballs. "I should clear things up with Atticus soon." Atticus was a cool guy and a very competent battler; now that he felt he had a clear grasp on why he was upset, Ajax felt bad for giving him the wrong idea of who he was as a trainer, and he wanted to be friends with him.

Exiting the Pokemon Center with a quick "thank you" to Nurse Joy, the trainer looked around for any sign of Atticus, and after a couple of seconds, he was able to spot a small sliver of Topaz's wing in view. It seemed that he was headed into the forest, and Ajax promptly began to run after him. As soon as Atticus' back was in view, Ajax called out, "Atticus!" to get his attention before stopping in front of the trainer. Hurriedly wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead, Ajax put his hands on his hips to catch his breath for a few seconds before beginning his second apology, though it was still interrupted occasionally by a few exhausted breaths.

"I'm really sorry you got the wrong idea. I admit, I did want to win because I can get carried away by the competitive excitement of battle every now and then. I wanted Florian to stay in, so instead of accepting what would have been your victory after Topaz used Air Slash again, I made the reckless decision to keep him on the field, and that would have led to even further injuries had you not intervened; I really appreciate you for doing that. I assure you, though: I would never put winning a small battle over the health of my Pokemon. They're partners, not tools. You're right: anyone who assumes otherwise don't deserve to own such amazing companions. I want to be friends with you because you're a great battler and an even better person, and I'm really sorry I made you upset. I don't expect you to, after what I did and the danger I put Florian in, but if you could forgive me somehow, I'd like to continue to travel with you and know you better, and I promise never to put my partners in danger like that or ever consider them as mere weapons for victory."

It was a lot of words, and Ajax said them rather hurriedly due to the adrenaline still running through him after running all that distance, but none of them were said in a half-hearted manner, and hopefully Atticus would be able to see that.

Glaring down the Steel Fairy type as she lunged at him with poison in her fangs, Magi braced himself and prepared to counter. While this happened, my thoughts quickly ran through Ken's mind. "What else could Magi do again? Oh yeah I remember now." He mumbled to himself before looking up at his pokemon. "Magi use Dragon Dance to dodge!" With a clap of his hand and a quick step followed by a spin, Magi danced out of the way of the incoming attack. A red and purple aura swirled around him during the process of the Dragon Dance.

"Follow up with Growl!" Magi wasted no time opening his mouth, sending out a loud growl that distorted the air at Cordelia.

Atticus furrowed his brow and looked the older boy up and down. He seemed genuine enough, but Atticus still held reservations from his previous actions. I guess it’d be nice to have someone around he concluded in his head, “Sure. You can come with if you want.”
He strolled through the winding path, not waiting up for Ajax. The wind carried a pleasant fresh scent and rustled the leaves ever so gently while Hopip road the gust overhead. Everything was perfect, everything was tranquil.

A shrill whimper pierced through the air, raising goosebumps on the back of Atticus’s neck.
“What was that!” He exclaimed and began sprinting in the direction of the noise, stopping only to turn around to face Ajax. “Well come on! Someone could be hurt!”

A shiver had been sent down Ajax's spine as well upon hearing the whimper, and he followed Atticus in sprinting to the location from which the sound had come. "Right behind you!" Soon, the two came into a clearing and saw an injured Scorbunny, staring with teary eyes at what looked like a rugged adult with unkempt black hair, a lanky appearance, and a cigarette in his mouth. The Rabbit Pokemon bounded toward the man as if it was trying to show him affection, but the man lashed out with a snarl and kicked the Pokemon away, sending it skidding across the grass. Filled with a searing rage, Ajax tensed up, his eyes burning with anger. What is that piece of trash doing?

Last edited:
Steel jaws slammed shut over empty space.

Ellen was surprised to see Magi pick up speed, and she quickly turned to her Pokedex taking a moment to read through the description of the move. As she turned her attention back to the battle, seeing Cordelia flinch at Magi's growl, she quickly called out.

"Cordelia, use 『Taunt』!"

The Mawile swaggered to the beat of her trainer's orders, smirking confidently at the Charmander before she lolled her tongue and flipping the whites of her eyes. It was a clear act of provocation. One that quickly changed into an act of intimidation as Cordelia followed her trainer's next orders.

"Follow up with 『Astonish』!"

An air of malevolence seemed to appear around the Mawile, as a ghastly image was superimposed over the deceiver pokemon and sent crashing through the air towards Magi.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Rowan took Sandra's reassuring words to his heart. Even though he drew comfort from them, there was a lingering part of his mind that disagreed with the last part of what she said.

Yeah, Pokémon battles are supposed to be for gun, but I'm trying to become the Champion here...I can have fun, I just can't let my goal out of my mind.

"Guys if you don't mind, I'mma head over to the gym," Rowan said as he let Mantì out of her Pokéball, "Hopefully it's something that I can win," After he said this, he exited the Pokémon Center to scout out the gym.

Turning around as Cordelia taunted him, Magi let out a growl as he grit his teeth. Visibly, the Charmander fell victim to the taunt. As such, Magi didn't have a clear mind when the Mawile sent her attack his way and was hit by the Astonish and sent sliding back.

"Alright, now we can't use anything other than attacking moves because of taunt, fine by me." Ken mumbled in the background. "Magi use Ember!" Once again charging up flames in his mouth, Magi sent another ember attack towards Cordelia.

“So....are you ready to try for your first gym badge?” Levi quipped, giving Newt a sly expression that read ‘checkmate’.

“I know your nervous about the whole experience, but I could see it from the stands, you liked the battle. And you said you’d at least try.” As the chestnut haired boy reminded his friend of there little ‘agreement’, the newly named Ion casually tapped Levi’s pocket, sending him flying back into his pokeball.

“So...you a man of your word?”

"G-good luck!" Devin called out to Rowan, maybe he ought to follow and support him? But as Devin glanced at his partners he sighed, he needed to go battle with them to try and get them to work as one as he glanced Sandra's way.

"I-I am gonna go see if I can find any Wild Pokemon to battle. Give Rowan my best wishes the next time you see him. And I give you mine for what you decide to do next. Will meet you guys as soon as I can." Devin explained before he moved off into town with Terra and his Growlithe as they followed suit

Devin needed to try and prove he could manage these possibly conflicting personalities, he needed to prove he was a trainer who had been worthy of making even the claim to one day be champion, among a personal additional goal of his own...

sSoul

Previously Swirled
It didn't take long for Rowan to reach the gym. It's presence was sort of daunting in a way, the first big obstacle that stood in every aspiring trainer's way of becoming champion. The importance of the type that was specialized by the gym was crucial as well, since it could make or break one's progress. One could either blitz through the first gym and make a leisurely stroll to the second, or one could get blown out and forced to look for a Pokèmon that could properly compensate for the team's weakness. Sandra's words of encouragement echoed throughout the aspiring Trainer's head before opening the door to the establishment. To his amusement, 2 trainers were already present; one of which were in the stands and the other on the battlefield. The two seemed to be having a conversation, so Rowan waited until they were finished.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Crap! He noticed! Appearing a bit flustered, Newt looked down to the left, avoiding direct eye contact, rubbing his shoulder.

“W-well! Like is a strong word. Was just worried that trapinch might get hurt us all.”

Though after Levi mentioned his deal with him, that he would at least try, Newt was in silence for several moments. A sigh of defeat escaped his lips as he gave in to Levi’s demands with a nod.

“Uh...i’ll See what I can do. But uhhhh, how do I do this?”

“Right, so you wanna try and formulate a strategy based around your opponents shortcomings. Pushing on the targets weak points is the best method for defeating a gym leader, and most casual trainers.
Also, trust that your Pokémon can complete any task you give them. Battles can get intense, and sometimes it’ll feel as complex as a game of chess, but consistent faith in your team is the first step to victory.” As Levi finished with his small speech, he gestured for Newt to follow him to the other side of the battlefield, where he had just stood moments ago.

The chestnut haired boy took note of who he assumed to be another trainer hoping to challenge the gym, and gave him a small nod of acknowledgement.

“Just stand right here, listen to the rules, and try your best. Good luck.” With that, Levi gave his snowy haired friend a thumbs up, and went over to the spectator seating.

“How ya doin?” He piped up soon after, directing his attention to the unknown trainer.

With that, he was left in the center of the joint, on the square that challengers would stand on. He suddenly felt greatly inadequate, his head shrinking into his hood.

Faith in my team is the key to victory? How can I have faith in them when I don’t have faith in myself? He makes it seems so easy...

“W-well I uh...” he muttered. “Erm...could I challenge...? Please?”

It felt weird asking to beat up someone’s friend, and Newt wasn’t sure weather he would ever get used to it. Dunsparce rattled its tail inside of the hood, worried about it’s trainer.

Biting her lips, Ellen remember Ken's earlier trick and decided to return the favor.

"Cordelia! 『Fairy Wind』!"

Sweeping her massive jaws, the two-faced Pokemon whipped out a pink mist, sending it to intercept the ember. Just as before, the attacks collided into a glittery smokescreen. Taking advantage of that, Ellen followed up, adopting Ken's earlier strategy and ordering her Pokemon to rush in.

"Give 'em a taste of your 『Poison Fang』!"

"Yeah, go ahead. I need to do something, but I'll be there to watch your fight. And will do, good luck Devin. Astraea's fine by the way." Sandra waved half-heartedly at both of her friends as she began to walk along the channel. She wanted some time to think, and Astraea's display was just the trigger she needed for her mind to wander. She did tell Rowan that she thought Pokémon would be happier in their natural habitat, but what if that habitat was shared with something like Basculin? Sure, it was natural selection, but she couldn't help but feel bad for the Pokémon who couldn't keep up with the violence of nature. Especially Magikarp, she always had a soft spot for the seemingly worthless Pokémon that somehow still was around even if by all means it looked like a joke by nature.

Lost in thought, she bumped her feet against another victim of Astraea's stunt. A Magikarp was flopping around on the pavement, and a couple of almost fainted Basculin swam past, trying to get to safety in case there would be another attack. She presumed that the Fish Pokémon jumped out of the water in fear of the Hostile Pokémon and landed on safe territories, but then it got stuck and couldn't get to the water again. "Huh, would you look at that? Impeccable timing." Sandra smiled as she knelt down next to the Magikarp that always managed to stun her by just how big they were. She didn't really want to throw it back into the water, knowing that it would probably get eaten in no time. Maybe she could mess with the concept of 'Survival of the fittest' and add a bit of luck to it?

Pulling out her last Pokéball, she tapped it and the Magikarp got engulfed in a red glow. The ball shook once. It shook twice. After shaking three times, the Pokéball clicked and the Magikarp was caught. "All right! That's quite a catch I got there, if I do say so myself." Laughing about her lame pun, Sandra quickly stopped and jumped at the sound of an explosion. "What the-!" Looking around, she spotted a Clauncher buried in the dirt on the bottom of the channel firing water at nearby Basculin to keep itself safe. She took out her Pokédex and pointed it at the Water Gun Pokémon.

"Through controlled expulsions of internal gas, it can expel water like a pistol shot. At close distances, it can shatter rock."

Pocketing her Pokédex, she smiled wryly at the Clauncher. "Sorry buddy, can't help you with that. Good luck surviving, you'll need it." With those words, she left for the Gym. Rowan should be ready for a fight, and although she wasn't a die hard battler, she couldn't help but get fired up every time she saw a Gym battle.

Jacky looked at the new challenger. She raised one eyebrow. "Yeah. But you don't look too sure of yourself. You sure your ready?"
She stood on her side of the battlefield. "Do you need me to explain the rules to you? Or at you aware of them?"
She held out her Pokeball on hand, preparing to toss it when the battle started.

“Oh um, seems alright I guess.” Newt muttered, nodding. “Well...ready as i’ll Ever be.”

New looked to Dunsparce, who was cooled around his neck like a pillow rest. Dunsparce seemed to get the message, nodding his head and barking almost like a dog. The little fat snake bug flew into the air, bobbing its body up and down before landing in front of Newt, it’s two younger panting.

Just don’t get hurt...

“Am I supposed to say something like: Go Dunsparce...?” He scratched the back of his head

"You're the trainer say whatever you want." Jacky laughed, amused by the trainer. She tossed her Pokeball in the air and out came a Wingull.
The bird flew over the watery arena, settings it's eyes on her enemy. She squacked as she landed on the round platform on her trainer's side.
"Okay, let's do this! Water gun!"
The Winfull opened it's beak and shot a stream of water at the enemy.