• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
I don't know if I've asked this question yet... Since slowking can talk... When Skol evolves later on, can Skol talk? Him talking won't have any meaningful Impact on the RP. On occasion Dolan and Skol might have brief idle banter. It's fine if you say no... I figured Its better to ask now rather than later.
I'd suppose it is fine if there's been a case of that Pokémon talking and if there is a decent reason backing it up like Slowking's incredible intelligence

Have the draft done by the by, just waiting to finish all my drafts and post them at once.

So what's the go-to?

@Godjacob @sSoul @DarkHydraT @ThAtGuY101

Since this fight is over what's next?

Well, Devin needs to do his gym battle and get his badge. It can be speed through given he had an elongated fight already before and don't want to make you sit through it twice.

I'm not sure what to have Dolan do, I guess I could have him compliment the fight. I dunno...
Nah, like what do you wanna do for fuuuuuuun

Have the draft done by the by, just waiting to finish all my drafts and post them at once.

Well, Devin needs to do his gym battle and get his badge. It can be speed through given he had an elongated fight already before and don't want to make you sit through it twice.
Gym battle huh?

Let's see if our Gym Leader is still around, paging @Hecotoro

Still, what sounds interesting after the battle?

I believe Hydra wanted to pay the Fishing Competition a visit, maybe we can have some fun there and then we'll want to travel to the next city, no?

Nah, like what do you wanna do for fuuuuuuun

Gym battle huh?

Let's see if our Gym Leader is still around, paging @Hecotoro

Still, what sounds interesting after the battle?

I believe Hydra wanted to pay the Fishing Competition a visit, maybe we can have some fun there and then we'll want to travel to the next city, no?
I wanna go fishing yeah, I really want a Horsea

So the plan so far...
  • Gym Battle for Devin
  • Fishing Competition
Are you tagging along with the group? @ThAtGuY101

I plan to catch a lotad. The lil party animal of the team. Might even give it nicknames. Ludicoolio. 9/10 I won't name it that, but I do like saying it...

Would it be permitted for Dolan to have his old rod sent to the pokécenter for him to pick up?

I'd also like the freedom to catch a bird if that's ok.

That would be funny to imagine. When some people fish they swing the rod back before they swing it forward. Which is unnecessary, but I digress. and then swinging it forward. My point is, would be pretty funny if a bird flew by and got caught on the fishing hook during this process.

Last edited:
I'd also like the freedom to catch a bird if that's ok.
You're free to catch whatever you want as long as it's available or you add in a bit of explanation about why the Pokemon is so far from its natural habitat. Aquamarine city is an Sub-Urban/Fresh Water (Lake) area, and the surrounding routes are grassland, hills, and forest. I think between those biomes you have almost all the bird pokemon outside of like...Delibird and maybe a few other rare ones.
I plan to catch a lotad. The lil party animal of the team. Might even give it nicknames. Ludicoolio. 9/10 I won't name it that, but I do like saying it...

Would it be permitted for Dolan to have his old rod sent to the pokécenter for him to pick up?

That would be funny to imagine. When some people fish they swing the rod back before they swing it forward. Which is unnecessary, but I digress. and then swinging it forward. My point is, would be pretty funny if a bird flew by and got caught on the fishing hook during this process.
Go for it~

The Fishing competition also gives fishing-related prizes and there's a Lure Master in Aquamarine who can provide special lures.

Okay here is what I got:
Name: Jacky
GYM Leader: Water
Appearance: Jacky has long curly hair, light blue eyes, tanned skin. She is 5'5 and weights 115 lbs.
Outfit: She wears a black bandana on her forehead with the GYM symbol. She wears a black long sleeve shirt, with a jean vest over it. She wears blue leggins and long black boots.
Pokemon:
Name: Polo
Species: Poliwag
Ability: Water Absorb
Description/Other (Optional):

Name: Wingi
Species: Wingull
Ability: Keen Eye

Name: Cora
Species: Corsola
Ability: Regenrator

I did what I could, am I missing anything?
Here ya go!