• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
Alright so I think I’m gonna be making my reintroduction xD.

Here’s a reminder of Atticus and his Pokémon (with some minor updates)
Name: Atticus Gray
Description: Atticus has dreamed of being a Pokémon trainer his entire life and looks the part. He has tan skin from being outside all the time, and wears a white hat with a red section blocked out in the front (Like an inverse of Red’s hat from the Manga). His hat pushes his spiky brow hair down to the level where it reaches his dark brown eyes. He wears an unzipped black sweatshirt that has a white hood with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows over a red t-shirt that has a white outline of a pokeball design in the middle. He also wears dark blue jeans, white athletic shoes, white fingerless gloves, and a silver one strapped backpack. He is about 5’0 and weighs around 100lbs.
Personality: Atticus is simply a good guy. His genuine kindness and compassion make him an easy person to befriend, and also motivates his Pokémon to battle their hardest for him. He does not think things at face value, instead he remains open minded and investigates the meaning behind everything. He hopes to live up to the example set by the book character he was named after, and as a result has become very wise and intuitive for his age; this makes him a common source for advice amongst friends, and is advantageous in battling as it enables him to often predict what his opponent will do. However, above all else, Atticus prides himself on being honorable and would much rather fail than succeed in what he views as a “dirty” or “cheap” way.
Likes/Dislikes (Optional): Likes: Pokemon
Dislikes: Keeping his Pokémon in pokeballs

Inventory (5 Items Max, excluding essentials): Pokenav+, Fishing Rod, Pokédex, longboard
Name: Topaz
Species: Emolga
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Spark, Air Slash, Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Thunder Shock, Nuzzle, Double Team

Name: Jett
Species: Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Fury Cutter, Aqua Tail, Water Gun, Water Sport, Growl

Name: Ace
Species: Scorbunny
Ability: Libero
Moves: Ember, Quick Attack, Double Kick, High Jump Kick, Sucker Punch, Growl

Name: Komo
Species: Bagon
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Dragon Dance, Bite, Ember, Dragon Breath, Dragon Rush, Leer, Rage

Meat in pokémon. Thicc juicy cuts of meat. Tauros sirloin steak. Rump roast. Torchic feet if you like chicken feet. *shrugs*. Stantler venison... The list goes on and on... Grilled pikachu marinated with cherubi sauce, served with a side of tropius fruit, diced bounsweet ,and a tall vanillite cold glass of shuckle juice. (Fun fact: shuckle's body fluids can produce juice)

Maybe simple stuff like a hamburger or scrambled eggs... thoughts?

I love these little scenes...

Here

And here

Okay, so if you want to take on the Gym now, then you're all free too, but if you want to follow Ellen, then you're also free to. What I'm doing with Eleonor will tie into the fishing competition later. It will change the rules a bit and make it more exciting, but you'll be free to catch encounter whatever pokemon are available all the same.

It can happen before or after the gym battle, so either option is fine imo.

You can also follow her, get a brief explanation and then decide if you want to go Gym or Fishing Competition.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"A WHAT!?"

The girl staggered, her surprised outburst carrying her voice across the Pokemon center.

"You're...joking, right?"

"No, of course not. You're right, this is no joking matter. I'll see to it at once, sir."

The call ended and Eleonor, evidently shaken by whatever it was that she'd heard, immediately gathered her Pokemon. She returned them to their pokeballs hastily before rushing over to the table to grab her bag. In a panicked fluster, and without a single word of explanation, she rushed out of the pokemon center and into the streets.

'Oh heavens, what have I gotten myself into now...'

The plot thickens

I also wanna know about the real ass investigation squad. Now that's a group of people, I can co-sign!

Dolan's definitely doing the fishing contest. Skol being a Slowpoke will wanna fish with his tail. It would be hilarious if Skol won via catching a gyarados. Obviously Skol won't be a actual contender, but he will fish. Catch something... Preferably NOT a shellder. Maybe a whiscash? I dunno...

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I also wanna know about the real ass investigation squad. Now that's a group of people, I can co-sign!

Dolan's definitely doing the fishing contest. Skol being a Slowpoke will wanna fish with his tail. It would be hilarious if Skol won via catching a gyarados. Obviously Skol won't be a actual contender, but he will fish. Catch something... Preferably NOT a shellder. Maybe a whiscash? I dunno...

A Quagsire sound totally your style lol

sSoul

Previously Swirled

worst case scenario if you catch a shellder, just remove it from the tail, you'll get your Slowbro back that way.

A Quagsire sound totally your style lol

Skol/Slowpoke catching a quagsire would be perfect... Thanks for the tip.

worst case scenario if you catch a shellder, just remove it from the tail, you'll get your Slowbro back that way.

Poor Skol will have to spend a few days tailless, or however long it takes to grow one...

*laughs in cloyster*

Last edited:
Yeah I'mma need to run this one back. Exactly what is a junior investigator? A self-appointed title, or a member of a real ass investigational organization?
Eleonor is an investigator in training as appointed by the lieutenant of the Aquamarine police force. So yes, she's a member of a real ass investigational organization. Essentially she's civilian police.
I'm sure you'll be fine Devin, Ellen packs a punch even if she seems shy.
Eleonor: I don't remember joining his team or agreeing to fight for him.

Went a little something like...

Dolan: have I ever told you guys, the time I wanted to be a photographer?
Henchman #1: Not this story agai-
Henchman #2: <whisper> don't interrupt his story! The last guy that did has cement shoes now.
Dolan: *gestures towards gun* where was I... oh right! Photography... To be honest... This job pays much better, and my photography is in much higher demand. Being at the top has its perks. Oh and... Tell the police chief, one more slip up and he's gone. *sips from wine glass*