• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters

sSoul

Previously Swirled
If we do more than 8 Gyms though, we'll need to think about how to spread out the Gyms. The Geminos League is already one where the Gym's can be challenged in any order, so more Gym's would give characters more reason to explore the region as a whole. I wouldn't be against it.
I'm down for this only if the other gyms have sufficiently beefed up Pokemon. No one wants to see a gym leader with a team of Caterpie and Metapod in this equivalent to a post game.

I'm down for this only if the other gyms have sufficiently beefed up Pokemon. No one wants to see a gym leader with a team of Caterpie and Metapod in this equivalent to a post game.

We could do the Origins treatment if we're not doing that already, the gym leaders scale their strength according to the number of badges gotten

This is like the third time this has been suggested. We were already doing this.

Yerp, just as Koop said. We're doing the Origins Treatment, so Gym Leaders will scale to their challengers.

kinda late to say this since i havnt heared of this rp until today but can i join?
I'm sorry but I have to say no. I took some time to look through a few of your recent posts and I've noticed a number of grammatical errors. It's against Pokecharm rules to have too many grammatical errors or short, one-line posts. For now, I'll have to say no.

After you've Role-played a bit more on Charms and you get the hang of things then maybe you can ask to join again and we'll re-evaluate.

I completely forgot about this. I also forgot my involvement. Did this ever take off or anything? I feel like I might have a gym leader character?
Ice Gym Leader if I remember correctly xD

Well, this is very slow, the only ones still posting are myself, Jacob, Soul, and Hydra. We've gotten past the...first Gym.

It'll be a while...though we did decide to open the RP to the general public though, this is kind of a fun project on its own.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Ice Gym Leader if I remember correctly xD

Well, this is very slow, the only ones still posting are myself, Jacob, Soul, and Hydra. We've gotten past the...first Gym.

It'll be a while...though we did decide to open the RP to the general public though, this is kind of a fun project on its own.
Ah, I see. Thanks. I just found my ice boi's character sheet. Vladimir. I believe he's the third gym.
It's been so long since I did anything on Charms. I almost forgot how exciting it is to see I got a notification.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I just found my ice boi's character sheet. Vladimir. I believe he's the third gym.
It's been so long since I did anything on Charms. I almost forgot how exciting it is to see I got a notification.
Well if you're up for...not being a Gym Leader and making an actual character then we're open to it.

You can look through my signature, I've got links to some Geminos Guide Books which is how we'll be introducing world-building. As you can see, its very much a work in progress xD

Oh! If you think anyone else would be interested then feel free to invite them as well~

comic

Well if you're up for...not being a Gym Leader and making an actual character then we're open to it.

You can look through my signature, I've got links to some Geminos Guide Books which is how we'll be introducing world-building. As you can see, its very much a work in progress xD

Oh! If you think anyone else would be interested then feel free to invite them as well~
You know what? I just might take you up on that offer. About joining at least. Anybody I can think of inviting are too busy for roleplaying these days.
Yeah it has been a while huh?

And considering no Rper has even made it to the second gym yet...I say that calling it a snail’s pace would insult the snail lol
Definitely been a fat minute. COH went down a very slow but certain downward spiral after the whole debacle between you and Gamma. Then he recently dropped out putting me in full control over a pretty much dead rp. So I left too for multiple reasons.
Decided I'd move off of COH and start branching out my rps again. That's when I remembered this.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Definitely been a fat minute. COH went down a very slow but certain downward spiral after the whole debacle between you and Gamma. Then he recently dropped out putting me in full control over a pretty much dead rp. So I left too for multiple reasons.
Decided I'd move off of COH and start branching out my rps again. That's when I remembered this.

Hmmm unexpected news, gamma seemed somewhat dedicated to that Rp and the demise. Can’t be helped I suppose, onward to newer things.

Nearly every RP I’ve been in recently is either dead or slowly dying, outside naruto that is. So I’m thinking about looking for a new one myself

You know what? I just might take you up on that offer. About joining at least. Anybody I can think of inviting are too busy for roleplaying these days.
Great!

The character sheet is:

Character Sheet

Name:
Description:
Personality (Optional):
History (Optional):
Likes/Dislikes (Optional):

Inventory (5 Items Max, excluding essentials):

Starter Pokemon
Name:
Species:
Ability:
Description/Other (Optional):

I'd point out that some people...I think it's just me actually...are keeping track of their money, but you don't have to. If you want to, however, we decided that 3000 Poke was a solid amount to start with.

I'll give you a run-down of the situation so you can plan your entrance.

826849_Geminos_Region_Map.jpg

Here's the map of the region.

I'd suggest starting in Seafare City or Aquamarine City. (Western Cities beside Opal Highlands)

Aquamarine has the Water Gym (which is ideal if you want to do the Gym Challenge), while Seafare has the Department Store (in case you wanted to buy anything...like Decorations for your Pokemon if you want to be a Coordinator). Every still active is in Aquamarine city, but @Nukas' character is in Seafare and he's looking for a good chance to hop back into the RP.

We'll slowly brief you on some of the region's quirks while we RP, and I'll once again direct you to the Travel Guide series in my Signature for any more in-depth explanation once I get around to finishing it.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
If you need RPers I am here to offer my semi-decent services.

Name: Ben (Unknown)
Description: Tanned skin/5'10/ Black hair/ Very dark brown eyes/
Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his red hoodie, as well and red goggles, a yellow scarf, blue fingerless gloves, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modifies by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans, which he rolls up when in the heat.
Personality (Optional):Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.
History: Creativity? What's that?
A specially modified styler, which basically works as a PokeTech and PokeDex. Ben can't use it efficiently anymore since he's taken more to battling.
3000 Poke
Power Bracer
Power Anklet
Power Lens

Starter Pokemon
Name: Auro
Species: Riolu
Ability: Prankster
Description/Other: Auro calm exterior hides his burning passion for battle, despite his stature. He's protective of Ben, and cold to everyone. He basically acts as stoic and menacing as a 2 foot tall furry creature can be. If there's a battle, he's there, if he's not battling, he's training, and if he's not training, just look for a riolu wearing a power item.

Hope this works

Last edited:
If you need RPers I am here to offer my semi-decent services.

Name: Ben (Unknown)
Description: Tanned skin/5'10/ Black hair/ Very dark brown eyes/
Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his red hoodie, as well and red goggles, a yellow scarf, blue fingerless gloves, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modifies by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans, which he rolls up when in the heat.
Personality (Optional):Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.
History: Creativity? What's that?
A specially modified styler, which basically works as a PokeTech and PokeDex. Ben can't use it efficiently anymore since he's taken more to battling.
3000 Poke
Power Band
Power Anklet
Power Lens

Starter Pokemon
Name: Auro
Species: Riolu
Ability: Prankster
Description/Other: Auro calm exterior hides his burning passion for battle, despite his stature. He's protective of Ben, and cold to everyone. He basically acts as stoic and menacing as a 2 foot tall furry creature can be. If there's a battle, he's there, if he's not battling, he's training, and if he's not training, just look for a riolu wearing a power item.

Hope this works
Looks good o7

Accepted. We haven't really gotten into the Ranger system since there wasn't anyone who wanted to be one, but I should note that Geminos has 4 Ranger bases each in the most extreme cardinal directions: North, South, East, West.

There are Top-Rangers stationed there responsible for overseeing the region. Hmmm, I won't comment on anything else since we hadn't discussed it much.

Name: Kaleb Storm
Description: Kaleb has jet black hair and brown eyes. He wears prescription glasses. He is about 6”3. He wears a red shirt and blue pants, and black shoes.
Personality (Optional): Kaleb is a nice guy, and he is very clever. He can tend to goof off at times, but he knows when to be serious. He also tends to use sarcasm a lot.
History (Optional): Kaleb was the Champion of Sinnoh recently.
Likes/Dislikes (Optional): -

Inventory (5 Items Max, excludingessentials): Pokeballs, Potions, Town Map, Bicycle

Starter Pokemon
Name: N/A (never been one for nicknames)
Species: Pancham
Ability: Iron Fist
Description/Other (Optional): Normal Pancham

Name: Kaleb Storm
Description: Kaleb has jet black hair and brown eyes. He wears prescription glasses. He is about 6”3. He wears a red shirt and blue pants, and black shoes.
Personality (Optional): Kaleb is a nice guy, and he is very clever. He can tend to goof off at times, but he knows when to be serious. He also tends to use sarcasm a lot.
History (Optional): Kaleb was the Champion of Sinnoh recently.
Likes/Dislikes (Optional): -

Inventory (5 Items Max, excludingessentials): Pokeballs, Potions, Town Map, Bicycle

Starter Pokemon
Name: N/A (never been one for nicknames)
Species: Pancham
Ability: Iron Fist
Description/Other (Optional): Normal Pancham
Accepted. Where is the updated bios for Kaleb? I'm pretty sure you'd made one a while back.

comic

whelp. may as well make me a character off the top of my head. so here goes;

CHARACTER SHEET
Name
: Danica Cassidy
Description: Cassidy has frizzy, short, crazy hair, black in color. It's what an afro would look like after shock therapy. She has dark skin, a light chocolate color pigmentation, with large eyes, deep brown, dark enough to be black. She has a slender form, and exceptional height, standing over most guys at a whole 6 feet and 5 inches. She likes to wear light clothing, if given the chance. Usually just crop tops and short shorts with flip flops. Should the environment get colder, she will obviously dress heavily. Cassidy mainly wears pink colored clothing if she can, but will opt for blue if no pink is readily available for her.
Personality: Cassidy is stubborn, ambitious, and very confident, despite having never reached the top in any of her journeys. She's open, outgoing, but also rather serious, and finds difficulty in recognizing sarcasm and understanding jokes. Her relationship to her Pokémon is not negative, but neither positive. After having experienced so many different teams, she slowly began to focus less on bonding with her Pokémon and instead focused more on battling. She also takes an interest in lesser experienced trainers, oftentimes opting to travel among them to understand their goals, motivations, and personality. People interest her above all else, and Trainers are the most intriguing of people to her. Should she encounter the right people, she will drop her Gym Challenge without question. She's already done it so many times anyway.
History: Danica, or as she prefers to go by her last name Cassidy, is a veteran. She's not new to the scene of Pokémon battling, as she's been doing it since her tenth birthday. Her origins lie within the region of Unova, where she completed the Gym Challenge, but was unsuccessful against the Elite 4. Rather than train up to finally beat them, she moved on to the next region to follow the same pattern, beating the Gym Challenge, and losing to the Elite 4. This happened in Hoenn, Alola, and Sinnoh, before she made her way to Geminos. In an attempt to make her Gym Challenge more interesting, she drops her previous team in order to build a new one in the new region, usually by catching the first Pokémon she meets, before sending those of her previous team back to Unova, where her father runs the Pokémon Daycare Center. By now, Cassidy has already successfully completed her first gym, which was the Petrichor Gym, and is currently on her way to challenge the Aquamarine Gym.
Likes/Dislikes: Cassidy likes battling, people, backstory, ice pops, shoes of any kind, and challenges. She dislikes anything remotely illegal, weapons, jeans, arrogant people, cheaters, frogs, and spicy food.
Inventory:
3001 Poké
Petrichor Badge
PokéDex V.7
Jaw Fossil
Leftovers
Zoom Lens
Silver Powder

STARTER POKEMON
Species
: Butterfree
Ability: Compound Eyes
Description/Other: Nothing too special. Cassidy caught a Caterpie soon after arriving in Geminos, and evolved it into a Butterfree by the time she beat the Petrichor Gym. She has yet to catch any new Pokémon.

Last edited:
whelp. may as well make me a character off the top of my head. so here goes;

CHARACTER SHEET
Name
: Danica Cassidy
Description: Cassidy has frizzy, short, crazy hair, black in color. It's what an afro would look like after shock therapy. She has dark skin, a light chocolate color pigmentation, with large eyes, deep brown, dark enough to be black. She has a slender form, and exceptional height, standing over most guys at a whole 6 feet and 5 inches. She likes to wear light clothing, if given the chance. Usually just crop tops and short shorts with flip flops. Should the environment get colder, she will obviously dress heavily. Cassidy mainly wears pink colored clothing if she can, but will opt for blue if no pink is readily available for her.
Personality: Cassidy is stubborn, ambitious, and very confident, despite having never reached the top in any of her journeys. She's open, outgoing, but also rather serious, and finds difficulty in recognizing sarcasm and understanding jokes. Her relationship to her Pokémon is not negative, but neither positive. After having experienced so many different teams, she slowly began to focus less on bonding with her Pokémon and instead focused more on battling. She also takes an interest in lesser experienced trainers, oftentimes opting to travel among them to understand their goals, motivations, and personality. People interest her above all else, and Trainers are the most intriguing of people to her. Should she encounter the right people, she will drop her Gym Challenge without question. She's already done it so many times anyway.
History: Danica, or as she prefers to go by her last name Cassidy, is a veteran. She's not new to the scene of Pokémon battling, as she's been doing it since her tenth birthday. Her origins lie within the region of Unova, where she completed the Gym Challenge, but was unsuccessful against the Elite 4. Rather than train up to finally beat them, she moved on to the next region to follow the same pattern, beating the Gym Challenge, and losing to the Elite 4. This happened in Hoenn, Alola, and Sinnoh, before she made her way to Geminos. In an attempt to make her Gym Challenge more interesting, she drops her previous team in order to build a new one in the new region, usually by catching the first Pokémon she meets, before sending those of her previous team back to Unova, where her father runs the Pokémon Daycare Center. By now, Cassidy has already successfully completed her first gym, which was the Petrichor Gym, and is currently on her way to challenge the Aquamarine Gym.
Likes/Dislikes: Cassidy likes battling, people, backstory, ice pops, shoes of any kind, and challenges. She dislikes anything remotely illegal, weapons, jeans, arrogant people, cheaters, frogs, and spicy food.
Inventory:
3001 Poké
Petrichor Badge
PokéDex V.7
Jaw Fossil
Leftovers
Zoom Lens
Silver Powder

STARTER POKEMON
Species
: Butterfree
Ability: Compound Eyes
Description/Other: Nothing too special. Cassidy caught a Caterpie soon after arriving in Geminos, and evolved it into a Butterfree by the time she beat the Petrichor Gym. She has yet to catch any new Pokémon.
We don't even have a Petrichor Gym leader much less the badge lol

Oh, actually we do have a Petrichor Badge.

779297_Vine_Badge_2.png

Artwork courtesy of Snucky.

All that said though, Accepted. o7

I'm kinda on the fence on choosing to join this or not. Question is what the possibility is I can make whatever Gym's available or what kind of trainer to make. By that I mean how often will they be able to show themselves. (Won't complain if the chances are slim, not after a big role.)
For a Gym...they can show themselves as early as you want. You could even pull something like Clemont, and travel with the OCs only to reveal that you're actually a Gym Leader. As long as you have some explanation in place as to why the Gym is still running in your absence then you should be all good. The Gyms in Geminos scale to the challengers though, so each Gym Leader needs to be able to handle any challenge, from newbie trainers with no badges to seasoned veterans on their 8th.

In your capacity as a Gym Leader however, you'll most be shown whenever someone challenges your Gym. You can talk to @Hecotoro about that first hand since he just took on...4 or 5 challengers? Somewhere around there.

Geminos also allows for Gym Leaders to do things...other than be Gym Leaders! Shocking, I know. But Gym Leaders probably don't sit in their gym 24/7, 365 just waiting for challengers. They might also be involved with some of the city's quirks. The Gym Leader for Aquamarine, for example, is also the frequent Champion of the fishing competition held there, so if Hec wanted then she could show up and compete with the other OCs there.

We're building an entire region, albeit slowly, so get creative~

*walks in unannounced ,and leaves the door wide open*

Hey hey. i noticed the RP said ''Ask to join' ...perfect time for me to walk by and ask... "Can I join?"

My character would be a photographer with a slowpoke. He's a chill dude. Like. He's a pretty chill dude. He posts his pictures on his website. You know he's a cool dude cause his t-shirt says "I sea u"

I should probably ask though, Is there like a minimum sentence length though? two? four? six? is it more?

what kinda stuff happens in the story? Is this like a bunch of goofballs going on a random adventure ,or fightin' bad guys ,or something?

does a camera count towards one of five items?

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
*walks in unannounced ,and leaves the door wide open*

Hey hey. i noticed the RP said ''Ask to join' ...perfect time for me to walk by and ask... "Can I join?"

My character would be a photographer with a slowpoke. He's a chill dude. Like. He's a pretty chill dude. He posts his pictures on his website. You know he's a cool dude cause his t-shirt says "I sea u"

I should probably ask though, Is there like a minimum sentence length though? two? four? six? is it more?

what kinda stuff happens in the story? Is this like a bunch of goofballs going on a random adventure ,or fightin' bad guys ,or something?

does a camera count towards one of five items?

The story is very loose, think of it as more of a sandbox rp where we are creating an entire region from scratch as we go. There is not one story that everyone is going to adhere to, you can be whoever you want in the story. For minimum sentence length, make sure you are adhering to Charm’s rules and you’ll be fine.