• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Smash Bros Fighter(s)

I love Kirby, 'cuz he can swallow people up and use their attacks. I like Pikachu Kirby the most.

Zero Suit Samus is also one of my favorites.

Yeah, I guess your favorite character can be different than the character you main.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeither way, my favorite is still Marth followed by Lucario. They seem to be the one who fit my style the most...although Ruko would probably disagree with my use of Marth.

I need to add Pit to this list because he's adorable and his fallen angel outfit is win. Also because his Japanese voice is the most annoying thing I've ever heard (and yet I still love it). I almost wish I had the Japanese version just so I can spam his side B at people and make them cringe.

I'd have to say... Link (fanboy), Sonic (fanboy but the new game suck), Ike and Marth (Ike more than Marth and yes, I've played the games). I main all but Marth as far as they are concerned.

(Having one main is stupid, IMO.)

I tend to switch characters every time I play, but I love using Olimar and Luigi.
It's just really fun when you have little creatures do your fighting for you, and I love the awkwardness of Luigi's fighting style.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My favourite character before I traded Brawl away was Ganondorf. For a character that is widely considered to be terrible, I found Ganondorf was actually a lot better than his bad rep suggested, and was easily the most fun to play as out of all the characters in the game.

My favorite's Ness. I like his attacks, he's really fun to play as and he's just cool. Ever since I unlocked him in SSB he's been my best character, and he'll never be boring to me. I like Lucas, too, but I switched back to Ness after maining as Lucas for a long time, because I like Ness better. :D

I also like Pokemon Trainer a lot, because I like that he's three in one. Zelda is cool too. Those are my favorites.

I really have several mains, because it would be very hard for me to have one.

Metaknight-fast attacks, easy to use, and does some above average damage.
Ganondorf-loved him since Melee due to his powerful attacks(when they hit), nice sturdy defenses, and I just love the dark side.
Lucario-well, everyone awaited him for a reason: he has okay speed, very good attacks, and what's not to like about an ass-kick dog/wolf thing?
Ike/Marth- I keep them at a tie because they are different yet similar. Marth is a classic Melee favorite while Ike is just a tad stronger and faster(IMO). Marth has a very fast combo with his side+B and his Counter move is phenomenal. Ike has good power and speed, and is a threat when used properly.

Well, I only played Brawl when I borrowed it from my buddy. I guess, in my random state caused by Skittles, I noticed him as faster. But, now that you mention it, I've never really been in a Brawl with both Ike and Marth, so I don't really notice faster speeds unless people are together.

My best character, by far, is Toon Link. His downward spike is a powerful one to use because it's hard to dodge in the air, and it doesn't leave you as open afterwards as it did with regular Link. The gale boomerang doesn't really work effectivly enough for me, so I prefer to use the slightly more powerful regular boomerang. The bombs also look cooler, and his taunts are fun to use (especially the down one)

Kirby runs a second place due to him being my best Melee character and him being widely unchanged. His copy can allow him to get any variety of attacks, so he can get fire moves from Bowser, Mario, Luigi, and Charizard whenever he needs them to blow up a blast box or something. His throws are kick ass as well.

I could mention Sonic as my third, but all I ever do with him is run around the stage and go 'You're too slow!' even though I honestly think that his side and down special moves are just too similar...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I kinda lost interest in Brawl after a few playthroughs - Not really my type of game, y'know - but from the little Smash Bros I've played, I'd have to say my favorite is Samus. Powersuit Samus, that is. Bounty-Hunter-Barbie-Samus bugs me (goddamn fanservice). The reason I enjoy Samus is because she plays quite a bit like she did in the actual Metroid games (And by that I mean the REAL Metroid games, none of that FPS crap).

I rather liked playing as Meta Knight and Lucario too. Sometimes Pit and Kirby too. Yes, Kirby. I've gained a hell of a lot of respect for the little pink bastard when I actually managed to beat a guy who was rather good with Bowser with him. >>;

I have about 7 mains...(this is before i start listing them...)

And i nno particular order, Lucario, Ike, some how Snake, ZSS(i really do pwn with her) Peach(see ZSS), PT, and ill need to go look at the roster to finish that...been a few months since i even played my Wii...

My favorite Char? Ike i think....(I wish Lyn was in too,...not just a damn assist trophy.

Heh, Falco is an obvious favourite, as is Toon Link and both Fire Emblem characters.

I personally haven't played Brawl much anymore, but I've always had fun running around with Sonic, annoying the bloody pulp out of my friends with him.

Snake is also fun to play some C4 and Proxy Mine mind games with. And well, any other character I can't use extremely well, I goof off and pick off kills instead. And annoy them like no tomorrow.

Mine is defiantly Wolf. He is agile, has great moves, and is stealthy. My other favorite one is King DeDeDe. If you use him right, he can be as cheap as sonic, but, he's always fun to use. The last favorite of mine is probably Zero Suit Samus, her paralyze ray is awesome.

She also is stealthy like wolf, which i like, and can use her ray as a grapple, which is better, because she also has a high jump. I rather like the grapple hook since it comes in handy many times.

Yoshi was my first favorite, and he is still in my top 5. Mr. Game and Watch is also fun for me, I'm not good with him, but I like to goof around with him. But my most recent favorite is Lucario. But I must say this, I hate King De De De!

Though I may be a MGS addict, Fox is actually above Snake on my Brawler list. Hist fast moves can flurry the opponent while actually dealing decent damage, which is what Sonic trails on.

Next would be Snake, of course. He has moderate damage dealing moves and his weapons provide an edge. Nikita for hard to reach foes (or using when in the air then cancelling immediately with shield to fall on an enemy), grenades to hit when moving and mines/C4 to catch them unaware.

Third would be Lucario. What with gaining power each time he gets hurt more, he can turn the tables pretty quickly if used correctly. Though, the only catch is that some of the moves are pretty slow.

MARIO! First is definately Mario. My favorite move is that downward punch. Throw them off the stage, jump and follow them, than DOWNPUNCH! They'll die.

Next, is Diddy Kong, because let's face it...he's a peanut shooting monkey. What's not to love.

Finally, it's a tie between R.O.B and Lucario. Lucario because his smash attack just looks cool. R.O.B because he's a gangster robot.

P.S - Wario and Pit are alternates. Wario because his fart is just awesome, and Pit because he's the first person I've played Brawl with.

My mains I play with are:

Toon Link- Probably my best fighter as far as overall skill in controlling his moves fluently. He's so light and fast, and I am a huge Wind Waker fan as well.

Peach: I am fair with Peach, once I get into her moveset groove. Plus, she's just a really fun character beat up someone with, pink hearts and all.

Z-Suit Samus: Extremely agile, fast, and light.

Ness: He's just fun to play with

I mostly main as:

Zelda - I simply love to spam her Din's Fire in my brother's face so that he flies off the screen. I'm kind of more suited towards her play style as well. The only thing about her that bugs is her near-motionless hair and her transforming, because to me it screams: HIT ME WITH A SMASH!

Mr. G & W - If they could make a 2-D plushie of him, I'll probably hug it to death. He just seems so adorable! Plus, I like smashing people in the head with turtles, fish, the occasional key in the eye. I just really like most light characters.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit this.. but I'm best with Pikachu..

I'd rather be something else! But I've gotten so used to that stupid rat's speed that the others are to big'n bulky. I do make a point to try out other characters, but my best is definitely Pikachu.

I like Pitt and Link for other reasons..! ^___^

I use mainly Lucas because he's pretty fast and easy to control. C:
I'd use Ness for more power, and my second main would have to be Ike.
I haven't played it a while though, and never give anyother characters a chance...
But that's who I use and who I'm best as. 8D

I usually main as Ike, since he's pretty strong and has good attacks, but he is slow if you don't use him right. I also use Fox a lot because he has pretty good speed and nice attacks, but I'd have to say my favorite in the game is Pokemon Trainer because it's three in one.

I have one favorite, but I play as everyone equally... EXCEPT FOX!

My favorite, and best, character(s) are the Ice Climbers!
Then my second favorite is almost everyone else
Least favorite: Fox. (and a emote for emphasis -> >:()

3 way tie Kirby,Lucario, and the angel kid (I can't remember his name I don't own Brawl)I like Kirby cause he can suck up people and take their powers and I like Lucario and Pikachu cause they are awesome fighters.

Typically I'll always use Yoshi, because he has pretty high attack power and can take about 180% damage before flying off the screen from a smash. Other than that, sometimes I'll use Samus (both forms), Lucario, or Meta Knight depending on what my opponent is using.

Yoshi+Smash Ball=destruction of all life.

My all time favorite is definetly the white Lucario. Not only is he my favorite pokemon, but I am also better with him than I am with any other character. I'm also really good with Wolf and Link.

Someone needs to talk me through just HOW Sonic is cheap.

Sonic isn't cheap, simple as that. He is the opposite of cheap. He is... How shall I put it. He is expensive. He's the really expensive date that you take to the fancy restaurant and spend a hundred bucks on. And then you take him back to your place and you realize that he has no KO potential.

Sonic isn't cheap, simple as that. He is the opposite of cheap. He is... How shall I put it. He is expensive. He's the really expensive date that you take to the fancy restaurant and spend a hundred bucks on. And then you take him back to your place and you realize that he has [glow=red,2,300]no[/glow] KO potential.

That is [glow=red,2,300]exactly[/glow] true

Sonic uses Spin Dash!
Toon Link Dodges!
Sonic rolls off the edge!
Toon Link Wins!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Sonic isn't cheap, simple as that. He is the opposite of cheap. He is... How shall I put it. He is expensive. He's the really expensive date that you take to the fancy restaurant and spend a hundred bucks on. And then you take him back to your place and you realize that he has no KO potential.

While I appreciate the... metaphor, I think? I'd have to disagree. I find Sonic to have plenty of KO potential if you can use him right, though a good few of the necessary moves are Aerial ones. :/