• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Smash Bros Fighter(s)

I generally play as three differnet characters the most:

Gannondorf
Meta Knight
Bowser

However, when it comes to least favorite, I pick out Sonic (Smash Balls were banned at tournaments for a reason) and Pit. I could quote him from Brawl Taunts 2, but I won't. :D

-AL

I use Yoshi the most, followed by Pit and Lucario. I like their fighting style more, plus dark Pit and white Lucario are awesome.

My least favorites are Pokemon Trainer, and the heavyweights. I'm just not good at using them.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Figured I'd add another post since...well, I've gotten into using other characters since my previous post.

Right now, I'm focusing mostly on Zero Suit Samus. She's widely considered to have one of the steepest learning curves of all characters in the game due to the potential applications of her paralyzer pistol for setting up combos (not to mention being able to infinite combo both Wario and R.O.B. and stun-lock Fox up to 70+%,) as well as the fact that she's quite an unorthodox character thanks to the range her whip provides combined with her very good speed and surprisingly high KO power. Combo-ing people to SSB64 and back with ZSS has become great fun, to say the least.

King Dedede I've been tinkering with too, and one thing that I love about the King is his massive grab range, and as if the grab range wasn't enough, the down-throw chain-grab just makes his grab game that much more devastating. I find the King's apparent lacking speed actually doesn't hurt him that much - it makes him overall easier to control for me, especially when juggling an opponent in the air with B-Air kicks and F-Air hammer strikes, plus his projectile and very large range on grabs and attacks means he doesn't really have to move much anyway.

I still mess around with Ganondorf as well though, as well as Meta Knight occasionally (even though I always feel like I'm being unfair when I use MK,) but it's the King and ZSS mostly at the moment.

Having only recently picked this game up (along with a Wii)... I can't speak from a ton of experience playing. I've played each character I've unlocked so far once (haven't got the lot as of yet), and I've settled on playing Pit.

I like that he has a range of attacks, ranged and melee, and that because I'm so bad I can fly back on the level when I get knocked off five times a second :p

However, when it comes to least favorite, I pick out Sonic (Smash Balls were banned at tournaments for a reason) and Pit. I could quote him from Brawl Taunts 2, but I won't. :D
A light arrow, spinning attack, reflector shield, wings, and small balls? That's Pit for you.

I said this a while ago, but it still stands. Toon Link is my ultimate character, because of his powerful air attacks. And, like Falco, I prefer the air-

Falco: OBJECTION! Personally, I prefer your ass!
(what? Can't I quote Brawl Taunts as well?)

I've also developed a liking for Wario, as I enjoy using him and taking snapshots, Captain Falcon hates him now for winning the F-Zero race.

Though if you ask for cheapness, it could be Diddy Kong. We were tripping enough without his bananas. And he is as perverted as he is annoying. If you don't know what I mean, play Diddy, press B-across, and watch him face-rape.

Right now, I'm focusing mostly on Zero Suit Samus. She's widely considered to have one of the steepest learning curves

lol lol

Anyway, I got so hung up on dissing Sonic I didn't even mention my own favorite character. MR. GAME & WATCH ALL THE WAY, BAY-BAY! Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Olimar and R.O.B. are good too.

I personally love using Bowser when playing against my friends because we always do stock battles, and Bowser can sure take a hit. Another thing I love about him in stock battles is when it comes down to you and one opponent, both with one life, and I use the Side-Special and kamikaze them off the edge XD I love it because they die first and it really ticks them off

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Gosh I main as a lot of people....

Zelda's one. Zelda. Not Sheik. Zelda. I like to think I'm pretty good with her, as she is my best. And I beat El with her >=D Course, my win "didn't count."

Second is... gosh... I don't even know. I'm about the same with everyone else after Zelda. I use Peach, and ZSS, though I've been trying to get better with Samus so I'm not completely useless after using a Smash Ball. Game and Watch is awesome, and I use the Ice Climbers a lot more now. Toon Link from time to time. And Dedede on occasion.

I think that's everyone...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Um, "didn't count?"

...anyway, I've tried getting used to Samus as well after using ZSS a bit - unfortunately, even though I mained Samus in Melee, using her in Brawl is like trying to piss through an NBA basketball hoop unaided - you really feel like you're fighting a losing battle with her. Her kill power is worse than Sonic's, she's slower than in Melee, and pretty much all of her weapons have been nerfed to hell as well. I just spam Z-air and autocancelled homing missiles all day - I can't do much more than that with her now.

Dedede infinite chaingrab is just the icing on the shit cake for poor Samus. Makes me glad I play with Smash Balls turned off.

I've recently begun to own with Snake.

The only problem is that he goes flying WAY too easily. But I love using his side smashes. But... what is that weapon called?

-AL

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
[quote author=Yoshimitsu link=topic=5660.msg113858#msg113858 date=1247868676]
And I beat El with her >=D Course, my win "didn't count."

I won 2 out of 3 fair and square :D

Oh that's right, because my win against you with ZSS didn't count either :3
[/quote]

Wait, what win using ZSS? You've never beaten me using her o.O

here are my top ten and reasons
marth pwns all
wolf gets close second for being plainly overpowered
kirby gets third because of B-down
snake gets fourth because of the grenade
meta knight gets fifth because of epic recovery moves
ness and lucas get sixth because thunder launches in whatever direction you choose
shiek gets seventh because of A combo
king dedede gets eighth because of B-down
zero suit samus gets ninth because of good recovery w/ B-side and B-up
samus gets tenth because of charge B
;D well those r my top ten

it used to be kirby cause i would almost never fall off the edge with him but now my best are Link, Samus, Marth, and Mew-Two and in brawl Lucario replaced Mew-Two, in more ways than one ;)

My number one favorite is Lucas. I just like PK powers, and he's easy to control. PK Star Storm is pretty awesome too.

After him would have to be Wolf. He's cool... sometimes.. his Final Smash could be better.. or at least different then Fox and Falco's. Speaking of Fox and Falco (Also in my top.)... I like Falco better then Fox. Down-B = Attack+Defense for Falco.

Then it's...

Luigi
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Ness (I don't like him as much as Lucas for some reason.)
and filling in the number ten spot is none other then Kirby. (Which I use only in WiFi to taunt endlessly until I'm attacked. Afterwards I either get beaten up because of the lag or I win the fight due to luck. XP)

Ill beat you as anyone, but main guys if your talking about Melee i can edge you so badly with Roy and if its Brawl Lucas, for sword fights Toon Link, i will accept challenges if you give me a few days to get back into playing

I have about 7 mains...(this is before i start listing them...)

And i nno particular order, Lucario, Ike, some how Snake, ZSS(i really do pwn with her) Peach(see ZSS), PT, and ill need to go look at the roster to finish that...been a few months since i even played my Wii...

My favorite Char? Ike i think....(I wish Lyn was in too,...not just a damn assist trophy.

I can agree with all but ZSS and Peach. XD I like all the Pokemon characters plus Poketrainer, Marth and Sonic. Oh, and Kirby and Meta Knight. :3 The thing with Lyn, I agree completely! I feel the same about Shadow! D:

I love Ness. I have used him ever since the original game, and he is always the first person I choose. I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of Lucas for he is really cheap. :/

A close second would be Snake, and then, of course, Kirby.

Ike because he is dam powerful and I've won tournaments fighting against metaknight and people always say Ike sucks just because he is a low tier. Also Im good with wolf I've gotten close to beating top ranked game & watch in New Jersey In a 3 stock match.

Rex

Resident Furry
Oh man, I've got a bunch of characters...

Lucario - Fast attacks that get more powerful as he is more damaged.

Ike - What can i say, the guys a powerhouse.

Marth - fast attacks and movement.

Fox - fast attacks and movement, plus a shield that reflects ranged weapons and thrown items.

Wolf - strong attacks and final smash, also has a shield that reflects ranged weapons and thrown items.

King DeDeDe - strong attacks and a random final smash that is hard to dodge.

Snake - well rounded character, good for any type of fighting, and who could forget the Codex!!!

Just Link and Samus for me. Link is amazing because of his downthrust thing who's name escapes me. And also is spin attack. Samus is cool because I love the Arm Cannon to death. The Final Smash is pretty cool for her, but Link's sucks I think because it's inaccurate.

I don't really like brawl, and prefer the melee characters instead. The only new character I really liked on brawl was Pit, and it ruined a lot of the older characters for me.

For melee, I was probably best with Fox, but I rarely used him after it got boring. Generally I went with Peach, the Ice Climbers, Ness, or Pikachu. I also loved to use Dr. Mario, and his removal from brawl was another of the things that really annoyed me about it.

The first post didn't say it had to be Brawl, which I've never played, so I'll go with the characters I use most in Melee. Here they are with one reason why I like them:

1) Mr. Game & Watch. He has some impressive recovery skills, when you know how to use them.

2) Nana and Popo, The Ice Climbers. Their Belay has saved my ass from losing a match more than a few times.

3) Kirby. You always wind up happy, whether you win with him or not because he's so darn cute!

4) Mario. When I play as him, I always get close-call matches. I love the adreline rush when the match ends and I have no idea who won.

5) Peach. I know, when it comes to the Princesses, most prefer Zelda. Not me. I like Peach because you never now whether you'll hit your opponent with a golf club, or the ever comical frying pan of face smackery, as I call.

6) Finally, a tie between Pikachu and Link. I just plain like them.

Hmm...I'd have to say my first would be Falco, because he's really fast, so it's easy to dodge opponents and hit them back.
My second would be Mr. top tier, Meta Knight, because it's easy to knock an opponent off with him.
My third would be Marth, because he's very swift and is powerful if you know how to use him.
Well, that's pretty much it for me XD

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
A name thief who knows how to spell 'Feraligatr'

"I like Sonic the best" doesn't cut it btw. You should explain why, elsewise it's spam.

Also to be super technical, Pokemon has started the term Feraligatr or as shown above "Feralagtr" so anyone who uses it or a variation of it is stealing the said name.

I have been using Snake and Meta Knight effectively recently. Whenever my friends and I play, we choose random characters and random stages; thus, I have to use what I've got and when these two pop up, I seem to win even though I don't use them often. They have now become two of my favorite fighters.

Ok then i like sonic because he is fast and because his special move is good.

And also variations of feraligatr such as feralagtr are not owned by pokemon so there you have it. Its mine foo! ;D