• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantamus Region

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James nodded and followed Jane down the ladder, where he found Derek and Tessa, as well. Burn had followed his trainer, same thing with Rosetta. "Guess the gang's back together, heh," James joked. In the distance of the cave, there were two strangers. They worn similar clothing, what appeared to be a suit of gold foil and white silk. "Man, I can't wait to meet up with the crew," the male stranger said. "Me too, but remember the mission bossed said to us," the female told her partner. "Yeah yeah, let's just hurry up," the former told her. The two started climbing a ladder and disappeared.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus held up the rear, slow as usual, but eventually he came down to the level where he needed to be.
"I guess the gang really is back together James," The boy added as he checked his Pokeballs. He had them all, even Zoro he looked around and let the others lead the way, he took out his four Pokemon and let them look around their surroundings.
"Also Jane, that's a nice idea," Marcus clarified as he put his Pokemon back in their balls save for Xeta and Zoro.

"Did you see those two weird people? What kind of spelunker wears gold and white?" Derek mumbled.

The gold and white spelunkers had talked about a boss. Maybe they were part of a team looking for fossils. Derek had fossils!

Derek rushed to the ladder they had climbed up, and called up after them, "Hey! Are you guys looking for fossils? I've got a bunch!"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I didn't see anything," James said as he ran towards the end of the exit. The two people have disappeared by then, but James reached Derek.

"What! YOU HAVE FOSSILS!... Can I have some to sell?" he asked as he emptied his pockets which just revealed a near empty wallet. He quickly picked it up and awkwardly laugh.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait Derek has fossils?" Marcus asked excitedly as he pulled out some of his money.
"How much for a fossil?" Marcus asked Derek as he slightly shook put of excitement, he loved fossils and desired to have one at any reasonable price.

"Well, I've got quite a few of them. They're all over this cave. I've got... the Helix Fossil. A few Dome Fossils. Plume Fossils, and an Old Amber. Either flying or aquatic Pokemon. It seems like these caves were either a lake system or part of an ocean," Derek explained, "You guys want any?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I. Want. All. Of. Them," James said looking at Derek dead serious. He really wanted to refuel his wallet.

"But seriously, if you're willing, I GOT DIBS ON THEM ALL!" he shouted extended both his hands to try to reach for one.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"DON'T GET GREEDY!" Marcus shouted somewhat angrily, he didn't care how many James got, he wasn't getting them all, not on his watch.
"What I meant to say was that there could be a way where everyone gets a fossil, though I call dibs on Old Amber," He attempted to reason with James, unsure of the outcome of the attempted olive branch bringing.

Tessa quickly placed herself between James and the fossils. "Slow down, Mr.Grabby." She said with the same dead seriousness he used. She pointed over to Marcus. "You're not the only one wanting fossils, so stop being so greedy just cause your poor. Maybe try saving your money?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus shrugged, that waa reasonable, but he wasn't poor.
"36,000 Poke, and James, you owe me some from the battle I won, still think that's poor Tessa?" He wasn't trying to be rude, but he needed to clarify that no one can make assumptions about him that were untrue.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
He was just joking around, and started laughing when Marcus started trying to reason with him. Then James looked at Tessa just as seriously as she looked at him.

"It was just a joke, calm down. Also, why are you so rude to me? I didn't do anything bad to you. And by the way, the reason I'm poor is because I try to make my friends happy. Unlike you, who just tries to make people feel worse. Oh and Marcus, I like you your nice. I still don't give people my money if they win though. Oh and you know what, Tessa? I'll just make my own money. Then I'll call you poor!" he shouted, clearly annoyed. Then he left the group and started mumbling things like,"Fricking so rude."

Tessa turned to Marcus quickly. "I wasn't meaning you, I meant James." She said shaking her head quickly from side to side. "I just don't want any hard relationships." She said over to Marcus. Tessa turned back to James, who was walking away. "I wasn't trying to be rude. Just keep the peace. I can get rude if you want?" Tessa said with quite a rude snark.

Lilith pulled on her boots, running up to the group of trainers as they argued over fossils that Derek had.

"Guys, just calm down. Give everyone some breathing room and stop getting defensive over freaking fossils." Lilith attempted to calm everyone down.

"I'm sure Derek would be happy to sell these to you guys. I personally don't want any, but we can just sort things out. We should probably get out of the cave and sort things out in the next town."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: it's very late at night right now, by the way
BIC: "You know what fine! I didn't even care about stupid fossils anyway. You can give me them if you want, clearly it doesn't matter," James said as he rushed through the group. He quickly climbed the ladder and left the cave. He finished the route and saw Jane, but didn't care. He immediately headed to the PMC at Florania Town.

"What brings you late at night?" Nurse Joy asked. "Wanted to get here quickly. By the way, a group of kids like me are coming, too," James said, a bit calmer. He realized that his Pokémon followed him. "God dammit. I'm such a horrible trainer. Don't even think about my partners," he thought as he put his Pokémon back in their Pokéballs. "Please heal them, I need to go to sleep," James said. Nurse Joy nodded, and James headed to a room in the center for trainers. He yawned as he stretched his arms. Then he went on his bed and fell asleep, not even caring to do anything. Not even changing out of his clothes he had worn since he started this journey.

Lilith shook her head. "Dudes, this is just stupid. I'm tired." She ran out of the cave after James, running into a Florania Town hotel. After renting a room, she decided to change her clothes. Lilith pulled off her boots, stripping out of everything. Lilith had a stocky build, with average sized breasts and wide hips. She brushed her hair and pulled on a faded red tee that used to be her father's. After slipping into some flannel sweatpants and Buneary slippers, she climbed into bed, falling into a blissful, dreamless sleep.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus did feel guilty for causing the fight over fossils, so he just glumly left the cave last, as usual. He healed up his Pokemon and found a hotel to sleep in. Before doing so, he felt like he should attempt to do something like apologize, but he had none of their numbers so he drifted into a sleep, knowing he could apologize later.

"Well there goes most of my business. Dang. Tessa, you still wanna buy?" Derek asked. Sure, he had had an embarrassing moment with her earlier, but business was business. He could move past it.

"Tum..." Phantump groaned, wanting to get out of the cave. For a Dark Type, she was quite scared of, well, the dark. Derek just put her back in her Pokeball to silence her. They'd get out of the cave soon enough.

Tessa shrugged. "I'll take a dome fossil." She said, pointing at one of the dome fossils. And with a smirk, "And for a price, how about 1K? Remember, I helped you with light." With that, she took out the cash and held it out. "Fair?"

Lilith stretched, her joints crackling like autumn leaves. The brunette climbed out of bed, mumbling under her breath. Lilith slipped into a white hoodie with green stripes, her usual tights, and shorts. She slipped on her bag. Brad and Mari followed obediently. She checked out of hotel room and walked down the path. She noticed the hotel workers putting some trash bags to the street.

One of them looked peculiar. Did it seem to have...eyes?
Lilith touched its face. The trash bag has glossy, clear eyes with garbage bag ties as ears and small fangs, with the garbage bag seam running down the middle of its face.

"Awe, did you get thrown out by accident?" Lilith asked. The Trubbish nodded fearfully. "You can come with me." She smiled warmly. Lilith held out a Poke Ball and Trubbish went inside. She sent it out. "How about the name... Debrina?" Debrina nodded and smiled,

"Any money is money," Derek smiled, swapping the Dome Fossil for 1K Poke.

Derek then rushed out of the dank cave. Florania Town. Anything was better than the cave. He wandered over to the Pokemon Center, and healed up his Pokemon. He then immediately turned in, heading to a close room, and crashing on a bed.

Tessa took the fossil and waved her hand forward. "Come on Star!" She said pointing to the exit. The two raced out.

Tessa made it into the Pokecenter, making her turn over to the resting area. Once inside, she tossed out Nido, her Nidoran. "Hey guys, the first gym is ground. You two are weak, so be prepared. This isn't gonna be an easy win." She said. "Now get some rest for tomorrow, cause that's when we are gonna challenge it." Tessa said before laying back into her bed, and proceeded to shut her eyes.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James woke up and started sighing. "Day two, first gym battle," he thought. He then got out of bed and brushed his teeth. He wasn't too hungry, so he decided not to eat anything. Then he went downstairs.

"Hello, Nurse Joy? Are my Pokémon alright?" he asked. Joy nodded and put a tray with his Pokéballs in front of him. James quickly grabbed them and released his Pokémon. They looked happy, which made him smile in return. "Thank you Nurse Joy, hope to see you again," he said as they began leaving. "You too!" Joy said while waving.

The trio left the center and James wanted to head to the gym. He didn't care about stuff like flowers, he just came here so he can continue his journey. He ended up putting his Pokémon back in their Pokéballs and then James entered the gym. Inside, the trainer saw Jane. "Hey there, mind if I go first?" he asked with a smirk.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus yawned, he tried to forget about his immature behavior from last night, Today is a new day, Marcus thought to himself, And a new day means new opportunities. He got dressed out of his Bulbasaur pajamas and put on a t shirt with a stylised Pokeball on it and jogging pants. He smiled out of his Alolan Vulpix slippers and put on his regular sneakers and left his apartment. He ran to the gym and saw Jane and James at the door already.
"Looks like you guys beat me to it," Marcus joked before leaning against the wall, "You guys can go first, I'm a gentlemen, just wait for me okay?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Alrighty then. I'm about to show you all how it's done," James said with a smirk. He cracked his (ugandan) knuckles and went on the floor. "I'm (Rick harrison and this is my pawn shop) James, and I'm here to challenge you," he told the gym leader. "Oh yeah? (BUT CAN YOU DO THIS!)" Alexa said.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Fair enough," Marcus said as he let Xeta out to observe a grass type gym, here, Xeta felt at home, he wanted to challenge the gym leader but knew he could only get so far, he has a quad resistance to grass types, but he had no poison moves to counter, this was going to be tough for him, luckily for Marcus he had Solar and Zoro so it wasn't too bad.
"Also, I'm here, likely to challenge you as well," Marcus casually mentioned, wondering if Alexa would notice Xeta.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Oh I promise I won't. If I do I'll have to pay for it..." James muttered. Then he took out a Pokéball and threw it. A red flash appeared which quickly turned into a Chimchar. "Alright, Burn. Use Bulk Up!" the trainer said with a smirk. "With my strategy this battle should be over in a few minutes," he thought. The monkey's body turned maroon, and muscles appeared on Burn's upper body, signaling that Bulk Up was successful.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Burn ended up getting hit by the faint attack, but it did less damage than normal do to the Bulk Up. "Alright Burn, use Bulk Up again," James said, a large grin now on his face. The same thing the Chimchar did to himself happened again, with his body changing temporarily.

Tessa yawned as she woke up. The girl pulled on a new shirt and picked up her bag. "Return you two." She said to her pokemon. Best not give the gym leader any hints on my team. With that, Tessa exited the center and made her way over to the gym.

Tessa entered the gym to see what wasn't a heated battle. It was more of a stand-off, since Burn wasn't doing anything. "So, he's setting up, interesting strategy." She thought to herself. Not wanting to be seen studying the battle, Tessa turned and sat down on the far corner of the spectator seats.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The Poison Sting ended up bouncing off of Burn. "Hahaha! What are a couple of needles going to do to a Pokémon with twice as much defense as normal? Alright, Burn finish this. Use Aerial Ace!" James shouted. Burn went high into the air and charged at Thorn at high speeds.

Tessa shrugged at the smirking girl beside her. "Nothing much. Just watching this boring battle. I mean, all the action from James is a flexing Chimchar." She said pointing over at it. "Also," Tessa said completely straight faced, "Don't ever call me Tess."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus noticed the strategy that James had, setting up was a good option, though he could have powered through already, so what was the point of boosting Burn's stats? He looked at Xeta who seemed fascinated with the battle going on, he wanted to get in on the action, and Marcus could see that, he made a mental promise to Xeta that he would battle Alexa next.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Use protect," James said with a smirk. The poison that was heading for Burn was blocked after he used his arms to deflect it. "You can't even do anything against a little monkey?" James said smugly. "Now, Aerial Ace one more time!" the trainer shouted. The Chimchar went high into the air and once more attempted to strike.

Tessa shrugged it off. "No harsh feelings, just don't call me that." Tes was what her parents used to call her before they died, so the nickname always was a hard spot on her. "So, finally some action?" She said, making a motion of the battle. "Can't wait to beat some plant's up, huh?"

Derek woke up, late. He went down to the lobby to snag his Pokemon. On the way, he saw a crazy merchant.

"Buy my chair! Only $399!" the merchant wailed.

Derek eyed him warily as he picked up his Pokemon. He wandered over to the gym. Once inside, he saw James battling the gym leader while Jane and Tessa watched. He walked over to the two.

"How's James doing?" Derek asked.

Lilith looked up, seeing Derek walk into the gym. Lilith figured that was a good idea, so she walked into the gym after Derek, smiling. She held her Trubbish gently. The gym was grass-themed. Lilith was glad she had her Trubbish now. Brad would be pretty good in the fight, but Mari would be pretty useless.

Tessa half turned over to Derek. "He, well, might win. I don't know exactly how it might turn out." She said to him. "Sit down and watch." She said while motioning to the chairs. Tessa started to grin. This might be an interesting fight now.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus seemed amused, he kinda liked it when he saw Alexa freak out, and in addition, muttering something, now he really wanted to battle her, but he had to wait until James finished. He noted mentally to himself, She has a bit of a temper, good to know, it will be easy to exploit that weakness.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James dodged the punch and laughed. “Wow I can’t believe you’re a gym leader. You can’t even keep your cool,” he said. Then he saw Burn get rammed into the ground. “Burn grab the skiddo while it’s falling and throw it!” James shouted. Burn got back up then jumped and extended his arms to try and accomplish what his trainer said.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'll be right back," Marcus said as he went to the Pokemon Mart and bought Two revives. He then rentered the gym and tossed the Gym leader two revives and two super potions.
"For you, now if you don't mind, I'd like a turn once your Pokemon have healed," Marcus told her casually and without emotion as he motioned Xeta to come over, while he could easily win with Solar or Zoro, he wanted to test Xeta's limits, and what better way than facing a Pokemon of his own type.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James took the badge and smiled. "You know, at first I didn't even know you were getting mad. But after I saw you start to lose your cool, I couldn't resist teasing you. Anyways, since your Skiddo fainted anyways, guess I really win," he told Alexa. Then he turned to face Burn. The Pokemon was on the ground, but then started to glow and get up. The chimchar turned blue, and after it fully stood up Burn was now a Monferno. "Wow guess you got enough experience to evolve!" James shouted as he rushed towards his Pooemon. The two high fived and James laughed. "Guess I can't have you on my shoulder or pick you up anymore. Hey let's watch Marcus battle, or whoevers next," he said. Burn nodded and then James got hit in the face by a Water Gun. The trainer shook the water of his face and laughed. "Oh yeah everything's fine, Jane. The gym leader just got a bit mad," he told her. Then he sat on a bench in the gym to watch the next battle.