• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantamus Region

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Nope, letting me have the forst move is okay, Venus use Bubble!" The Marill nodded and blew bubbles at Chimchar, feeling bad that it wasn't the strongest of water type moves, but at least she was trying.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chimchar was taken by surprised, and got hit with the super effective move. Luckily, he managed to shake it off, looking more energetic now than ever. "Alright Chimchar, hit 'em with a scratch attack!" James shouted. Chimchar started moving quickly to Marill and tried to strike it. "OK, scratch is currently the move that will do the most damage, though I can use Ember. No, even though it has more base power due to STAB, it's not very effective towards Marill. Thus, it will end up having a lower Power than Scratch. Wait, it does have a 10% chance for a burn. A burn will do damage to Marill and cut it's Attack in half. But it's only 10 percent. Yes, Scratch would be the best take of action until I catch Marill off-guard." James began strategizing more and more and thinking of what he should do in this fight.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
That's the face of someone who carefully planned out his course of attack, I can either spam Bubble or mix it up, I think I'll mix it up to catch him off guard. Marcus thought before calling out the next move, "Venus, use Pound!" She nodded and did so, confident that it did more if a punch than Bubble, she knew that her chances of winning were fairly decent, but didn't let that go to her head as she considered that James might have a scary counter.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James was too busy thinking about what to do he was caught off guard. Chimchar ended up getting hit by the Pound, but it did less damage than Bubble. "Hey! Chimchar! Keep using Scratch!" he shouted. Chimchar nodded and kept on trying to strike Marill with his hands. "This is all I can do. And that's a bit sad," James thought.

Tessa strolled around the corner with Star in tow. "Hey look, a battle." She said half exciedly. She expected to be going through this with some friends. Tessa leaned down to pick her Shinx up. "Pay good attention." She wanted him to learn their battle styles, as well as take a break from training. He's been practicing on a Wurmple before beating it before the two made it to the battle. "Cause after this, we need to train some more."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus wanted to wrap things up, knowing that he had his opponent exactly where he wanted him, he then did something that he wasn't sure how it was going to work, "Venus, run toward him," The Marill did that, running closer to the Chimchar, waiting for her next command"Now Bubble!" The Marill finally blew a bubble that popped the minute it hit Chimchar face, Venus retreated back closer to her trainer,she was sure that Chimchar had fainted.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Chimchar duck!" James shouted now more focused than before. Chimchar managed to dodge it and started running towards Marill. He jumped at striked her with a Scratch attack. "This might end soon, but this actually got me full of adrenaline," James thought.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Venus was angered now, really angry, she took the opportunity of Chimchar being close to her and used a large Bubble, without being instructed by her trainer, which worried Marcus, she then retaliated even further by releasing a critical hit Pound, which worried her trainer even more, he said nothing and just hoped that Chimchar fainted so Venus would calm down.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chimchar ended up on the ground with spinning eyes. James rushed over to his Pokémon and used a potion, recovering his health. Chimchar looked at his trainer sadly, disappointed they couldn't win their first trainer battle. "It's OK, Chimchar. Besides, Marill was super effective against you. It's my fault for not being a good enough trainer," James said. Chimchar shook his head and hugged James. This cause him to smile and pick up Chimchar with his hands.

"It was a great battle, Marcus. Though, I your Marill definitely needs more training. Then again, don't we all?" he said to Marcus with a laugh. He waved goodbye to the trainer and began heading in the opposite direction of Omniberry Town. James ended up noticing Tessa nearby. "Weren't you at the lab, too? Well, I guess I might see you soon," he told her. Then he went towards the TM Shop.

"I'd like TMs Protect, Bulk Up, and Aerial Ace please," James told the vendor. The shop keeper chuckled and handed him the TMs. James ended up paying 18,000 Pokedollars. Then he put Chimchar on the ground and handed the TMs to his Pokémon. Chimchar put his hands on them and then there was a flash. Chimchar learned the moves. "You know, I've been with you for a while now. Do you want a nickname?" James asked his Pokémon. The little monkey nodded. "Well, I have one now. How about Burn?" he asked. Chimchar started dancing in joy.

The trainer picked up Burn and put him on his shoulder. The two then began walking towards Omniberry Town once more.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus walked after him, seeing as they were going to the same place, "Good battle, hope we can have another soon!" He made his way to the TM shop and asked, "I'll take Return, Protect, and Round," He ended up paying a total of 18,000 Pokedollars. He took out Xeta and Venus whom he taught the former Protect and the latter Return. He kept round for later in case he saw a use for it.

Derek and Gligar made it to Omniberry Towne. The air there was sweet, and petals danced in the strokes of the breeze. Small wooden huts were protruding from the ground, along with a few merchant's carts. The Pokemon Center was still its normal steel color. He saw Jane sulking on a bench.

"Gar..." Gligar giggled, nudging Derek.

"You know I can't understand you, right?" Derek asked. Gligar sighed, and shook his head. He tore up some flowers from the ground beneath him, and held them close to his heart. Then, he pointed at Jane.

"Gligar!" Derek yelled, exasperated, "I'm not in love with every girl I see. Good lord."

Gligar stared at Derek in disbelief. Derek tried to smooth-talk every female in the world. Sometimes guys too. Suddenly, an angry Roselia sprung up from the flower bed. They were not happy with Gligar tearing up the flowers.

"Dammit, Gligar!" Derek growled, "Why do you always have to cause trouble? Gah... Just- use Poison Sting!"

Gligar swooped down to the Roselia, and stung it with his claw. Roselia shook, clearly affeced. Roselia twirled its flower-like apendages, and sucked some of the life from Gligar. Gligar struck again with Poison Sting. Roselia's entire body turned purple. They stumbled around for a while until Gligar finished the battle with Sand Attack. Roselia doubled over, unconscious.

"Nice job, Gligar," Derek mused, "You did-"

Roserade emerged from the flower bed. The Roselia's momma. And she was pissed.

"Help?" Derek gulped.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus was a little slow, but he finally made it to Omniberry Town, he noticed Derek and his current struggle with Roserade, but ignored it to sit next to Jane and check in with her, "Are you okay, you seem sad,"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Burn and James finally reached Omniberry Towne, and the first thing James wanted to do was head to the Pokémon Center. He was walking around, doing a bit of sightseeing.Then he heard a noise. He turned and saw Derek's Gligar fighting a Roselia and poisoning it. Then he saw the Roserade. "God dammit Derek. What in the world did you do?" he asked himself.

The two partners rushed towards the situation and James sighed. "OK, Burn, get ready. Use Bulk Up, then Protect in case the Roserade hits you," he said. He turned to face Derek. "What did you do to get a fully evolved Pokémon to attack you?" James asked.

"It wasn't me!" Derek complained, then jabbed his thumb towards Gligar, "It was this numbskull. He decided to uproot some flowers, and piss off a family of roses. Grr... Gligar, use Sand Attack!"

Gligar blasted Roserade with sand, then backed off to let Chimchar and Lotad do the heavy hitting.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The Roserade shook off the Sand and got mad. However, the only one she felt damage from was Lotus so she launched a Sludge Bomb at him. Burn rushed in front of Lotus and used Protect. He folded his arms which now had flames around it. It created a red shield that blocked the incoming attack. "Burn, Aerial Ace, now!" James shouted. Burn rushed towards the Roserade at high speeds and hit it doing super effective damage. "Jane, try using a Normal type move," James said.

Lilith ran with her Pokemon through the route, enjoying the cool air and serene wildlife. Her brown eyes twinkled every time she uttered a command or defeated a Pokemon, however small the Pokemon may be.

She stepped into Omniberry town with a smile. "Woah, that dude looks mad. I wonder wh-oh." Lilith said as she watched the scene unfold. She approached the strange travelers, watching with a confused smile,

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Why not?" Marcus said as he sent out both of his Pokemon, "Xeta use Tackle, Venus use Pound!" The two launched a coordinated attack and stood next to Lotus, Gligar, and Burn, Marcus then turned to Jane and asked, "Aren't you going to send out Solaris, fighting a fully evolved Pokemon is good experience, even if it is shared,"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The Roserade stumbled a bit back and got enraged. It started preparing a Magical Leaf. In a few seconds, razor sharp leaves surrounded by a purple mystical aura were launched at the opposing Pokémon in all directions. All Burn could do is get in front of Lotus and use Protect, but he hoped the other Pokémon would be safe, too. After Burn guarded the attack he began using Bulk Up, which turned his body maroon as he got stronger. "Burn, wait a bit," James told his Pokémon calmly.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Xeta noticed that Roserade was preparing a Magical Leaf and got in front of Venus and used protect, which caused the latter to hug the seed Pokemon. Venus used return without her trainer's instruction and then retreated back behind Xeta. Marcus noticed this trait and hoped this wouldn't be a habit of her's.

Last edited:
Derek had a grand idea.

"Gligar, douse the pin missiles in poison!" Derek ordered. Gligar nodded, and shot over to the pin missiles shot by the Venipede. His claws were growing purple, and he shook some of the ooze off onto the needles. The needles continued to tear through the air, and lodged themselves into the Roserade.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: Poison types can't get poisoned LOL
BIC: "Burn use Aerial Ace!" James shouted. His Chimchar moved fast enough that the poison-enhanced pin missiles, return, and aerial ace all hit the Roserade at the same time, though that was also because of luck. The Roserade fell to the ground and had spinning eyes, signalling that it had been defeated. "Haha! Easy experience," James grinned. "Nice job, by the way guys."

Lilith smiled and looked at the blond haired stranger. "Hey, you all good, dude?" Lilith asked, tucking another strand of hair behind her ear and looked at Derek. She rolled up the sleeves of her turtleneck and made sure Brad and Mari were safe. Mari was talking to the other Pokemon, and Brad was obediently sitting by Lilith.

OOC: It still does damage, I checked. It's normal effective on Roserade because Roserade is Grass/Poison.
BIC: "Yeah I'm good," Derek nodded, "Thanks for helping me out. In fact, thanks to all of you guys."

Gligar huffed, and crossed his arms defiantly. He tried to act like he had it all handled.

"Gligar is thankful too, even if he doesn't want you to know it," Derek chuckled.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: yeah it does damage, just doesn't give it the status effect, ya know?
James looked at the new person and felt like she was familiar. Then he realized. "How did you forget her? Like two hours ago you literally just gave her your number?" he thought as he face palmed. "Nice to see you again Lilith. Hey guys, wanna go grab a bite to eat? All of us?" he asked, trying to maybe get to know these people more. Burn smiled at Mari and told her his name.

Lilith smiled. "Awe, I didn't do anything. I kinda just watched, you guys seemed to have it on lockdown." Lilith patted his shoulder. " My name's Lilith Diaz." She then heard James' idea. "That sounds good. We could get to know each other, I still haven't talked to a lot of you people." Lilith patted Brad's nose. He was acting tough when she caught him, but it was apparent he was a huge softy. "What restaurant?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Same. I only know Jane, and I've met you and Derek, but we don't really "know" each other that well," James said, happy someone else had the same feelings about wanting to know people. "Uhh, I know a restaurant where you can eat berries. Not actual berries, but them as a salad and stuff," he said remembering that he found a restaurant while sightseeing. "Sound good?" he asked.

Lilith nodded. "That sounds awesome, guys." She looked at her Lotad and petted its head. "What's your name? My name is Lilith." Lilith said for about the fourth time that day. Lilith retied her bun and looked at the others, putting a flower into her bun, being careful to make sure it wasn't a Roselia.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Xeta whipped his vines at the ground indicating that he learned Vine Whip, while Venus prayed a stream of water indicating that she learned Water Gun. Marcus returned his Pokemon to his Pokeballs for them, "That would be great, so long as everyone else is okay with it,"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus returned the smile and then turned to Lilith, "Hey Lilith, my name's Marcus, how are you?" He then realized that he was hungry and even if he couldn't eat the food, it was still good nouishment for Xeta and Venus, "I'll come too, I'm down for whatever,"

Tessa ran into Omniberry town, Star held in her arms. A trainer just lost to the two of them, but they were not unscathed. The only reason they won the battle was that Star learned Spark at the end. Without that, the two would've gained their first loss on their journey. The two quickly made it into the PokeCenter. Nurse Joy quickly attended to Star. "Question, is Joy your first or last name?" Tessa asked, the question being one she wondered about dor years. "Neither, it's a middle name!" The nurse replied joyfully. Not entirely satisfied by the answer, Tessa left with Star.

Upon exiting, the people that were at the lab were ahead of her. "Let's go see what's up." Teesa said to Star as she walked up to the group. "Anything special up with you guys?" She asked as she made her way besides Derek, knowing it would probably make him nervous. "Looks like a battle just happened."

"Sorta! A...mishap related to Roselias and Roserades. We were just about to meet for lunch!" Lilith sang out cheerfully. "Oh, forgive me, I don't think we've met. I'm Lilith." Lilith smiled. She thought about her sister and how much she missed her for a second. "Definitely have to call..." Lilith thought, scratching her star birthmark.

Tessa grinned at the statement. "Let me guess, someone tried to pick it's flower?" She guessed. Roserades were normally peaceful, only agitated when it's flowers were picked. "Well anyway, I'm Tessa." She said with a smirk. "Star's the Shinx down there." She said as she pointed down to him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Oh yeah. Hi Tessa, now I know that was the name of stalker girl,” James joked. “I’m James and my partner is Burn,” he stared. Chimchar looked at his trainer quickly as if to pretend he was hearing him the entire time. “Heheh. It’s ok Burn. Why don’t you say hi to Tessa and her Pokémon here?” James asked. The little monkey walked up to Tessa and waved. Then he noticed Star and smiled at him.

Lilith gave her a toothy grin back. "You got it on the dot. Nice to meet ya." She smiled warmly and absent-mindlessly began to weave the flowers together into a chain for her Chinchou, Mari.

Derek made his way over to the tropical-looking restaurant that the other trainers were gathered in. Omniberry Bistro.

The restaurant was more wide than it was tall, with ivy stretching across its structure, winding around the stalks that supported the roof. Flowers exploded from the top, creating a dazzling rainbow effect.

Derek stepped through the door, and let the smooth rhythm flow through him. A few live musicians were stationed in the back of the restaurant, playing a soft melody on a ukulele and bongo drums. Derek sat down alone at a table, and glanced around at the others. He recalled their names to mind.

James. Jane. Lilith. Tessa. And... someone else?

A waiter swooped by the table to shake Derek out of his concentration. The waiter was a slim man, with a highlighted jawline. He wore a floral necklace over a loose, untucked, white dress shirt. His skin was a chocolaty brown, and his eyes were a soft caramel color. His hair was thin, and slicked back. It stuck close to his scalp, and not a hair was out of place. He was attractive, to say the least.

"What can I get you?" asked the waiter, in a voice that reminded Derek of velvet.

"Uh- I-" Derek stammered.

"I can come back if you aren't ready," the waiter smiled. He had gorgeous dimples.

"No- I'm ready. I mean, no I'm not. I haven't even seen the menu..." Derek admitted, "What would you recommend?"

"The Flora's Finest," the waiter advised.

"I'll have that, please," Derek smiled. The waiter nodded, and sped off. Derek was sweating profusely in his armpits. He needed something... someone... to diffuse these- these feelings he had.

He wasn't gay... right?

The group decided on a quaint place named "Omniberry Bistro". They walked in and got a table. Derek seemed to be lagging behind, but he came a minute later. Lilith didn't pay attention as he ordered his food. She was too busy thinking about the Cherubi Pie she ordered. After snapping to her thoughts, she began scanning the beautiful restaurant.

Lilith took a look at Derek, who was sitting right next to her. "Uh, are you okay, Derek? You look like you just had an aneurysm." The boy in question was sweating buckets. He didn't seem to be listening, so she nudged his elbow. "Excuse me? If you didn't want the Flora's FInest, you can just change it, you don't have to eject 40% of your bodily fluids, Jesus Christ!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus saw Lilith and Derek at a table and went to sit down next to them, he then asked the waiter, "What is the most recommended dish here?" He had no idea what to order, but he didn't want to order the same thing as someone else as that seemed tacky. Something seemed to be bothering Derek, but Marcus didn't think to ask what was bothering him.

"No, I'm sure the Flora's Finest is... fine," Derek chuckled, nervously, then straight up lied by saying, "I'm just kinda spooked from the Roselia encounter."

Derek wasn't gay. He was sure of that. Maybe everyone in the world thought this particular waiter was hot.

"So what do you think of the waiter?" Derek asked, trying to sound inconspicuous, "Would you hit that? I wouldn't, because I'm all like- ew! Gross boys! But would you?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Uhh I think it’s the Flora’s Finest? That’s what the waiter said,” James told Marcus. Then he turned to Derek and heard the conversation with Lilith. “Uhhh. I mean, I didn’t really care that much about the waiter. And uh, what’s so gross about hitting on boys? I mean, I’m straight, I’ve already had crushed on girls before, but that doesn’t mean being gay is wrong. But to answer your question, no?” he told Derek, a bit confused.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I don't really pay attention to how waiters look, besides, I'm not gay, now if it were a waitress, then I'd pay more attention," Marcus's face matched an expression( this is the expression in case you didn't now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).) Which caused Venus to escape her Pokeball and used Pound to punch him in the cheek, which caused Marcus to rub it and say, "Okay I guess I deserved that,"
"Also I'll take Flora's Finest in case anyone cared," The boy said as he saw Venus go back into her Pokeball, her trainer now concerned for her fate.