• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantamus Region

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If you want to sign up, here's the thread:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/fantamus-region-discussion.18828
also @LittleGreenBean @Lightless @Ry_Burst @CosmicSouls @Mockingchu @Wandering Soul
Now onto the RP:

James woke up and started groaning as his alarm kept going off. "The hell. Why do I even have an alarm on right now?" he asked nobody with his eyes still closed. Then he remembered. Today was journey day. He fell off his bed and screamed downstairs,"MOM DO YOU HAVE MY STUFF READY?" Once he found out all his journey supplies were ready, he got dressed.

He wore a black hoodie, an orange beanie, and navy jeans. He also had normal black shoes, but James didn't care about that. Once he ate breakfast and grabbed his backpack that his mom prepared him. James quickly said by to his parents and left his house. "Time to beat this league!" he shouted enthusiastically.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James stretched in order to get ready to start running. He heard a noise near him and turned. Then he saw Jane come out her house. "Sup Jane. Not gonna lie, I did not expect to see you by yourself today," he joked. Then he looked behind Jane to make sure he really didn't see her without her parents. "Wow. You actually are by yourself. No offense, this is just surprising. But what do you mean by your free from your parents?" he asked a bit confused. He wanted to start his journey already and felt a bit impatient, but Jane was a friend, and it would be rude to ignore her.

Last edited:
Derek Fox pushed the rogue strands of hair off of his forehead. His parents had been telling him he needed a haircut for the longest time. And that was probably true. It wasn't like he had a mullet, but his hair was getting pretty bushy on top. But now that he was in Fantamus, away from his family back in Sinnoh, he could whatever the hell he wanted. He didn't have to hide his geeky love for comics and superheroes. He didn't have to hide the fact that he wanted to star in Pokewood films. But no matter where he was, he would still be tied to his family. As much as they stressed him out, he loved them. And he had promised that while in Fantamus, he would take the Gym Challenge. That was the only way they'd let him go. They believed that he was destined to be a Champion, not a movie star.

"Gli," Gligar piped up, seeing to other teenagers talking. Well, today was the day that the Professor would give out starting Pokemon, so they were most likely up and coming trainers.

"Yeah, yeah, I see them," Derek said dismissively.

"Gar!" Gligar whined, tugging at Derek's shirt sleeve. There wasn't much to tug on. He was wearing a gray t-shirt.

"Gligar, stop," Derek pleaded. But Gligar wouldn't stop. Gligar had been a gift from Derek's father, so he would make sure that Derek stuck to his promise of challenging gyms. Gligar would also keep Derek from sneaking off to auditions in Starlite City, the home of Pokewood. Derek would address that hurdle when he got to it.

"GLIGAR!" Gligar screeched, yanking with all his might. Derek was flung behind Gligar, and in between the two teenagers.

"Uh... hi?" Derek squeaked.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James turned around at the sound of a new voice. "Lemme see. A weird, too much hair, random dude that is completely awkward. Normally, I'd grab Jane and get the hell out of here, but he seems to be our age. I don't know him so I guess he's new. I like his Gligar, too. Hmm...," James thought as if he was inspecting a creature in a video game. "Uh, hello. Do you need directions? Wanna make small talk? Or umm," he said to the stranger in front of him while his eyes darted at Jane for like a split second. "I think I just made things worse."

"Small talk works," Derek nodded, hastily, "Small talk definitely works. Weather. Good. Weather is good. Weather is good today. Not raining. Yup."

Gligar sighed, and did a face-palm. Or, face-claw. He had much work to do if Derek was truly going to become a hardened battler.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yeah. Good weather. Uhh, very good. Anyways, I wanna head over to the lab and maybe start my journey? That's cool. Yup. Anyways what are you guys doing?" he asked while putting his hands on the back of his head. "That makes more sense. Oh yeah, I'm James, by the way. Do you guys also wanna head to the lab?" he asked, even though he knew he just asked a question before that. "I'm so fricking weird it hurts me," he thought.

"I'm good weather," Derek said, his mind still on small talk.

Gligar gave him a quick smack on the back of the head.

"I mean, Derek Fox. My name is Derek Fox," Derek said, introducing himself, "And this moron is Gligar. He doesn't get a special name."

Gligar scoffed, offended.

"As for the lab, hell yeah! Let's go! I'm ready to explore Fantamus," Derek beamed. Really, he was just excited to get to Starlite. But they didn't need to know that.

Tessa walked out to the door of the apartment she was staying at until the professor would see her. He was supposed to see her today anyway, so the room would not be her's tomorrow. "Come on Star, we gotta get to the lab." She called out to her Shinx. The small electric type ran over to her as Tessa slipped into her coat. "Ready? Now let's go." She said as she began to walk out of the Motel.

Tessa skipped down the sidewalk as Star found that it was fun to try to run between Teesa's legs. "Hey, stop that! Your messing up my skips!" She said in a joking voice to let Star know she wasn't mad at him. Up ahead, a group of people and a Gligar stood together. Deciding that they might know where the lab is, which she didn't, Tessa stopped skipping and walked over to them. "Hey, morning guys!" She said cheerfully as she walked over, Star at her heals.

The four tires sprung with great speed as the dirty blonde haired boy rode his skateboard through town. His foot touched the ground as he propelled himself further to gain more speed as he rushed towards the lab. There he would get a Pokemon, and then he would conquer this league.

Safely in his Pokeball was Achilles, his partner a Heracross. The boy, Felix Waters had caught this Bug and Fighting type a while ago in an attempt to safe his life. And due to that event him and the Pokemon became good friends. They had trained together and gotten stronger. And now it was time to show the world the fruits of their hard work. But now wasn't the time for thinking ahead, but the time to look to the present. He was getting a Pokemon and was about to begin his adventure.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yeah nice to meet you Derek," he said even though it sounded like he was annoyed and mimicking Jane. Then another girl came to the group. "Oh my lord. Why. I JUST WANNA GO TO THE LAB!" James internally screamed. "K. Good day, by the way, new girl. Sorry if that sounded rude. Anyways, we're all heading to the lab. I think o'l Spruce is waiting too long for us. So uh, let's go! Please? I can be the guy that starts going there? OK then, I'm just gonna go," he said. He started marching toward the lab, expecting the others to follow him. He didn't know why, but he felt like they would.

"Hey! Professor Spruce! How's it been?" James shouted when he reached the lab and opened the door. "I've been expecting you. I know what you want, and I have the goods," the professor said like a drug dealer. James began laughing and then looked serious. "Give me my stuff now," he told the professor. "Jeez, I'm not appreciated enough. The Pokémon are on that table over there, and next to them are your five balls and 'dex," Professor Spruce told James. "K then. Sorry for being disrespectful, I guess. You're actually a pretty chill guy," James told him. Spruce smiled at that and James went over to the table.

Eventually, he decided to pick Chimchar and his other materials the professor left for him.. "By the way, you got company," he said as he left the lab.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus woke up and smashed his alarm clock broken. Fortunately, he had many more to be broken and could easily be replaced. A Pokeball sat next to his alarm clock, he clicked the button and let Xeta, his Bulbasaur, to come out. He zoomed downstairs, coming to a screeching halt when he had to say goodbye to his mother.
"Love you mom," Marcus told his mom as he got his hat and put it on.
"Love you too sweety," His mother called after him as he left, "Make sure to call every once and a while, don't be a stranger wither, visit some time," The boy nodded and closed the door gingerly, trying not to sound like he was in a major hurry or angry. Once out of his house Marcus noticed a small group of kids his age forming, he thought to say hi, mostly because they all seemed like people whom he would see again on his journey.
"Hey guys," Marcus said as he walked over to them, Xeta trailing after him, "What's your names?"

Tessa saw Jane and waved as well. "Back at you." She said. Tessa looked down to Star and picked up the electric type. "You heading to the lab?" She asked as James ran by her. "I guess so." As that just happened, Tessa then ran over to the lab, Star still in her arms.

Tessa entered the lab right behind James. "Hey, you don't have to be rude!" She complained to him after demanding for his stuff. Turning back to the professor. "I guess my stuff is where his was?" She asked as she walked over to that spot. As Tessa did, James rushed out. "Why is he in such a rush?" She asked her Shinx.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus walked in the lab and put away Xeta, now feeling rejected and somewhat alone, of course they had better things to do than to socialize with him, so he dejectedly sat down and waited for the group to choose, even though he knew he wouldn't be a part of said group.

Derek shoved Issue #26 of "Noivernman and Pidove" deeper into his pocket as he entered the lab. James was already out. Well then.

Derek didn't intend to receive a Pokemon here. He already had Gligar, and he didn't want to come off as greedy. Instead, he had come to the lab to meet people. It seemed like that was a good strategy. The lab was abuzz with chatter.

Derek approached the girl who had managed to get out a "Good morning" before James had darted off.

"Hey, 'Good Morning Gal'," Derek said, trying to act smooth.

Tessa slowly shook her head to Derek. "Slow it down Cowboy." She said holding up one finger. Star glared at him as well. "We just meet, remember? Don't try that on me." Tessa said meaning the smooth talking Derek was using.

Tessa shook it off anyway. "Please talk normally. I'm Tessa." She said putting on a grin. Star kept looking up from Tessa to Derek, confused what to do. She kneeled down to pet Star. "Forget about it, kay, bud?" She said rubbing it's head.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh hey," Marcus replied as he took out Xeta, a small grin growing on his face, "Name's Marcus, I have a Bulbasaur," He almost chuckled at her awkwardness, he always found it amusing when people were awkward, especially around him. Unlike the others, he had no need to choose, Xeta was going to be the first member of his ultimate team and that was final.

Last edited:
"I- uh- I," Derek stuttered, not sure what to say.

Gligar dragged Derek away from Tessa. Derek shrugged off the bat-like creature.

"I'm Derek," Derek said, "And I didn't mean to- you know- come off strong. I just didn't know your name. Truly. Sorry."

Tessa let the grin turn to a smirk. "Cause I'm a girl? Is that the real reason?" She asked, walking over to Derek. As she got closer, Tessa placed Star back onto the ground. "Gligar? Never seen one before." She said to him as she pointed to the pokemon. Star looked up to where Tessa pointed so he could see the pokemon. Unsure what it was, Star started to growl at it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James saw everyone go in and decided that they might be talking to each other for a while. “Jeez can’t people talk to each other while they journey? Or do people wanna stay in doors all day,” he thought. He started heading down and saw someone come near a lab on his skateboard. “Another starter, huh. Well just to let you know there’s a few people there, if you care,” James said as he walked past the teenager. “Maybe I should’ve stayed, too. Derek and Jane are there. Should I go back? Nah, I’m pretty sure I’ll find them later. Besides I heard there were 8 kids that where gonna start their journey today. I already met 5, there’s two left. Maybe I’ll find them soon,” he thought. He was starting to head to the exit, and then he bumped into someone. “Oh sorry,” James said.

Gligar raised his claws, as if he were a Hitmonchan. If it was a fight the Shinx wanted, a fight it would get.

"Gligar, calm down," Derek said, his voice wavering. He didn't want to jump right into battling. He knew virtually nothing about it.

Gligar let himself float back to Derek's side.

"Sorry about that," Derek sputtered, nervously, "Not just because you're a girl but because... I don't want to jump a stranger. Any stranger. Boy or girl."

Lilith's alarm sounded. It was a generic, loud beeping noise, but it was music to Lilith Diaz's ears as she awoke from her dreamless sleep.

She muttered an apology to her sister for waking her up before getting ready to leave. Lilith tossed on a plain black turtleneck, some jean shorts and tights, and her combat boots. After running a brush through her thick brown hair and tossing it into a bun, she was ready to leave. Lilith put a white mailbag on and silently crept out of the house. Stopping only to grab a bagel from the pantry, she sped walk down the path, gasping for air, and only stopping when she was far from her house.

Lilith smiled, seeing she was close to the lab. Lilith took a short break, chugging a Fresh Water.
"Alright buddy, you can finally come back." Lilith sent out her Chinchou, Mari. Mari chirped in excitement. It had been a hassle hiding Mari from her mom, but now, Mari could be free to roam around.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus was a little surprised when Solaris got on his lap, but he dismissed it quickly as Zeta took a Pokedex using his vines and giving it to his trainer, only to be put back in his Pokeball by the boy.
"I don't think you need another starter Pokemon, you already have your Venipede, isn't it enough? Also violin sounds cool, perhaps you could let me hear you play," He examined the table with the starter Pokemon, wondering which one Jane would get if she wanted to get one.
"Also it's fine, awkwardness is alright, in fact I even welcome it."

The brunette sighed as she stood up from her tree stump stool. The morning air was cool and the breeze gently rolled across her face. Lilith subconsciously scratched the star birthmarks under her left eye and began a steady pace towards the lab. Her brown hair wisped out, bordering her face with a frame of brown locks.

Before she could leave the lab, she collided with someone. Lilith looked up to see an adolescent around her age. He had deep brown eyes and small rounded glasses and looked like he had to be somewhere.

"Oh sorry," the boy said. "Oh, it's fine. Hey! You've got a lil' fire monkey dude!" Lilith responded. Creatures and Pokemon always interested her, and she didn't care if it made her look "dumb" or "childish".

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James was surprised she knew about Chimchar. He turned around and saw it was out of their Pokeball. “Oh yeah. Chimchar is really cool,” he said as he reached down to his Pokemon. The little monkey looked at his eyes and climbed up James’s shoulder. “Uh, nod once if you’re a girl, twice if you’re a boy,” he told his Pokemon. Chimchar nodded twice. “Great, I’ll give you a nickname.... when I think of one,” he said. James was so busy talking to his Pokemon he forgot the reason he even saw him. He realized the person in front of him was still there and stood back up. “Oh sorry. Hey, do you have a Pokemon? If not I’m pretty sure you can get one at the lab nearby. Oh and I’m James, by the way,” he told her.

Lilith gestured towards her Chinchou behind her.
"Cool. I'm Lilith Diaz." She smiled again and walked around him. There were so many people and Pokemon, it was beautiful.

A blonde stood in the corner of the lab, with a pretty blue Shinx next to her. A dark-skinned boy sat in a chair, his Bulbasaur next to him. Talking to him was a girl with a slender build and tanned skin. There were a few others. Lilith smiled. She knew she would get along with these people. Lilith sat down in a chair, brushing her brown wisps of hair out of her hazel eyes.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James took out a paper and pencil from his backpack. Then he wrote his number and gave it to Lilith. “Text me if you wanna hang out sometime. And uh, don’t get the wrong idea. Nice meeting you,” he told her. Then he began leaving and took out his phone. “Hey wanna head over to route 1?” he texted Jane. “Oh and ask Derek if he wants to come too. I’ll be at the exit of this place if you want to leave,” he added. Then James looked back up and started walking again.

"Hey Spruce." Lilith said to the Professor.
"Oh, hello, Lilith. Here's the stuff you ordered." He said in a low voice.
Lilith chuckled. "I swear to god, your drug deal voice is glorious. Is this a meth lab or a Pokemon lab?" She joked. Spruce just shook his head. "You know what kid, just go." He said, laughing. Lilith waved goodbye and left the lab.

Lilith looked at the phone number she was given and began walking, her clumsy Chinchou toddling behind her. She opened the package, revealing Poke Balls, Potions, Soda Pop, and a revive. "This is aye-mo-zing!" She exclaimed, continuing her quirky habit of pronouncing things as they are spelled.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James reached the exit and heard a buzz coming from his phone. He saw a message from Jane saying she was already at Route 1. “Tf? How? Nvm I’ll find you,” he texted back. “C’mon Chimchar, we gotta hurry up if we wanna catch up to Jane,” he told his Pokemon. Chimchar nodded and dropped to the ground. The two began running through Route 1 and it was pretty boring for the most part. They encountered some wild Pokémon which Chimchar easily beat and saw a TM shop. None of the TMs were interesting to James, and he didn’t want to waste his money on them. So he kept on going, but at a slower pace. After about 9 minutes James found Jane. “You weren’t kidding. Wait, what about Derek and the others? Should we wait for them, or go on ahead? I think the others are only still at the lab,” he told her. Chimchar went over to Solaris and turned his head.

Last edited:
Derek stumbled backwards, away from Tessa. The conversation had been... awkward to say the least. He booked it out of the lab, wanting to get as far away from the embarrassment as possible.

The air was crisp, cool. The sun was still high in the sky, but the air sliding across the crust of the Earth had an other-worldly feel. Trees shook in the wind, allowing a handful of leaves to drift away in the elegant strides of the wind. The paved road was cluttered in these leaves, that seemed to part as Derek ambled along.

"Gar," Gligar chuckled, prodding Derek.

"Shut it, Gligar," Derek muttered, pulling out the Pokedex Professor Dawn had given him back in Sinnoh. It was a fairly modern Pokedex, integrated with maps from all regions. He pulled up the Fantamus Region Map. Where was Starlite? Ah, Eastern Fantamus. All the way across a long strait. Oh boy. To get there, he'd have to travel along Route 1.

Derek made his way over to Route 1, and spotted many of the people he had already met. He gave them a quick wave, and jogged over.

Tessa looked down to Star as Derek ran off. "That was fun, wasn't it?" She asked her pokemon. She then proceded to pull out her pokedex and walk outside. "The place we need to go is Route 1. I think it's this way." Tessa said making a turn so the two head over that way. She smoothed out her skirt. Asking Star, "Wanna race over there?"

Lilith passed a sign that said "Route 1" on it.
"Alright, Mari! Think we can catch a friend here?" Mari nodded. The duo began walking the route. The air was clean and fresh and the leaves abundant.

Suddenly, a Poochyena leaped out of the bushes, barking at the pair of new adventurers.
"Aw, lil' wolf dude!" Lilith rashly pulled out her hand to pet the Poochyena. The Poochyena attempted to bite Lilith, but she quickly snapped her hand back. Lilith looked into Poochyena's eyes and asserted her dominance with eye contact. The Poochyena sat, looking obedient. Lilith smiled and pat Poochyena's head.

"I knew you're just a sweet lil' doggo..." Lilith smiled. "Do you wanna come with us? If not, it's totally cool!" Lilith held out a Pokeball. Poochyena hesitated before nudging the button on the ball. Lilith sent Poochyena out immediately after.
"So, are you a boy or....?" Poochyena nodded. "Oh cool, you are a lil' doggo dude...How about the name Bradley? Brad for short." Bradley nodded, and joined the Chinchou and Lilith on their adventure.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus slowly stood up and walked put, even though he wasn't invited to Route 1, he needed no invitation to go places, though it was nice to know that you were wanted. He shook his head, so what if his peers for the most part ignored him, at least Jane noticed him, and that was enough, plus he wasn't exactly the most social of people, so there's that.
"Alright, time to catch another Pokemon," Marcus said as he took out Xeta and started walking around when he found a Marill in the grass, to which he responded with, "Weaken it with Tackle!" The Seed Pokemon nodded and rammed straight into the water type, weakening it's health a decent amount with a critical hit.
"Go Pokeball!" Marcus then threw a Pokeball, which the Marill just jumped in, it shook only once, and it was caught, Marcus shrugged and took out his new Pokemon to give it a potion.
"So, are you a boy or a girl?" Marill blew a bubble that looked exactly like the Venus symbol, the symbol used to represent females.
"Oh your a girl, so I'll name you, uh, Venus!" Venus liked the new name and her new trainer so she jumped down to Xeta and winked at him, which threw him off. Marcus returned his two Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs and decided to search for Jane or someone else that looked familiar.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: there’s some Cherubi stuff in omniberry
BIC: James turned around and saw Derek wave. “Oh hey!” he told him as he waved back. “Guess we’re not that ahead, huh. Do you guys wanna head over to Omniberry already? Maybe we can do a bit of training near that place before we go on to Florberry Cave. I mean, I know it’s short but a bit of training doesn’t hurt,” he told them.

"Training," Derek gulped, nodding, "Yep, I'm all about that training."

Derek turned to Gligar, only to find that he was missing.

"Gligar!" Derek called out, only to find his partner zipping through the trees around the dusty road that was Route 1. Gligar would ram a tree, then zip to another, and ram it as well. He was trying to shake out a wild Pokemon.

Finally, a Spinarak tumbled out of a tree. Derek's eyes widened. It looked just like Spinaman's costume. Spinaman was a cool superhero with the powers of Spinarak.

The enraged Spinarak used String Shot, and blasted Gligar with piles of hot web. Gligar shrieked, and attempted to peel it away from his face.

"Gligar, get back here!" Derek ordered, wanting to flee from the battle. But Gligar couldn't see. He was a mess, slamming into trees left and right. Derek had no idea what to do. Then, a lightbulb illuminated his mind.

"Use Sand Attack!" Derek said. Gligar blew out a gust of wind that had sand particles littered throughout. It tore the string off of his face, and encrusted it with the rough sand. The web with clumps of sand blew over to the Spinarak, keeping it trapped.

"Now, use Poison Sting," Derek said, after checking what moves Gligar had on the Pokedex. Gligar nodded, and glided over to the spider. He raised a claw covered in purple ooze, and jabbed Spinarak. Spinarak shuddered, and turned a sickly purple color. Derek just froze up. What now? He couldn't let the Spinarak just faint, right?

Derek sifted through his bag, looking for something from his parents... Ah! An Antidote. Derek whipped it out, and sprayed it lightly over the Spinarak. He then lifted up the sandy web, and returned the Spinarak to the tree.

"Gli..." Gligar complained, wanting to finish off the Pokemon.

"Suck it up," Derek said, then he turned back to James, "Let's get to Omniberry!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus felt alone, he had no friends aside from his Pokemon, Jane was nice, but he barely knew her and wouldn't call them friends, acquaintances would be more accurate. He had no time to will however, he needed to go to Omnibwrry, and he had to accept that he was doing it alone. On his way he spotted Derek and James, to whom he waved politely at and continued on, maybe he could have battled them, actually, that seemed like a good idea. He turned around and asked the two trainers, "Hey, since our Pokemon could use some experience, do either of you want to battle?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James was a bit surprised at Derek leaving, but he just turned to Jane. "Do you wanna wait for him?" he asked her. While he waited for a response he was watching Derek and his encounter with the Spinarak. He gave a small wave when Derek came back. Then he trainer came and asked if they wanted to battle. James looked at Chimchar which seemed psyched to battle. "OK, then. Jane and Derek, you guys can go on ahead. I accept your challenge... umm... actually what is your name?" he asked the person in front of him.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Marcus, your Chimchar seems ready to battle," The boy then took a closer look at Chimchar, he could actually feel the fire that this Pokemon had, so he began analysing it, So if he only has Chimchar, than the best course of action would be to go with Venus, he might have others though, so I have to be careful about that.
"What's your name, also do you want to go first?" Marcus asked his opponent as he walked five steps back before turning around, Venus's Pokeball in hand and ready to be released.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Hmm, I should consider the fact that he may have more than one Pokemon. Plus, Chimchar isn't that experienced," James thought. "Nice to meet you, Marcus. My name's James. You can go first, I don't mind," he told Marcus with a smile. He was a bit worried about Chimchar, but decided just to have fun while battling. After all, any bit of experience is good for his Pokémon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus nodded as he threw his Pokeball and let Venus come out, he then asked his opponent, "I assume that you'll be using Chimchar?" The Marill hopped on her ball like tail and waited for her opponent to come out.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Well it is my only Pokémon after all," James chuckled. He was even more worried now that he saw he would be facing a water type, but he remembered to just have fun. "I said you can go first, but do you want me to make the first move?" he asked as Chimchar went in front of his trainer, ready to battle.