• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantamus Region

Lilith looked confused by the statement. "Why would I want to hit that?" She gestured to the old man who took her order. "I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but that's like.... A 50 year difference...Are you insinuating you would?" Lilith just felt confusion cloud her head. She busied herself by eating some bread sticks.

Tessa walked into the Omniberry Bistro as well. She quickly found where the others were sitting and brought a chair over to the others. Her eyes darted from one to another, looking at all their confusion. "What's up now? Someone thought a Swirlpuff was cotton candy?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus smiled when he heard Jane started to play her violin, he did say he wanted to hear it, he then told the Violin player, "I liked that duet, good job," He was still waiting for his food, so Marcus took out his phone and started listening to some music.(I can give you the link to the song Marcus was listening to if you want.)

"Honestly," Lilith started. "I haven't the slightest idea." She looked at the blonde girl, her brown eyes glowing. She styled her brown hair up into a ponytail for the meal.

"Alright, here is your Cherubi Pie." A different waiter, no doubt the one Derek was referring to. "Thank you!" She smiled at the waiter as he set down her food. Lilith took a bite, tasting the flaky crust and juicy filling, enjoying the sweet taste. The pie had a flaky, browning crust, with a Cherubi filling and a white tulip on the side of the dish.

The waiter set down everyone's food. He placed a dish of Flora's Finest in front of Derek and Marcus. Flora's Finest was a sweet smelling fruit salad with fruit in the shape of flowers, honey drizzled on top. Several real flowers bordered the plate and small pieces of vanilla cake were on the plate as well.

The food the rest of the travelers ordered came soon. The waiter was good at his job, asking the travelers who didn't get to order what they wanted, if the food was good, and got every order right. He had good charisma and joked with the customers as well.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Thanks," Marcus told the waiter as he took a fork and got a small piece of the Flora's Finest and put the delicious morsel in his mouth. As soon as he started chewing a burst of flavor entered his mouth, almost making it water, he let his Pokemon out to try some and they both agreed it tasted good. He continued to eat in a dignified matter, like how his mother told him to even if there was good food that he wanted to hurry through.
"Hey waiter?" Marcus asked before grabbing a napkin and wiping his mouth, "Can I get two more Flora's Finest to go? They're for my Pokemon," The waiter nodded, and went to prepare it right away, Marcus appreciated his work ethic, he could see himself leaving an extra large tip for this waiter.

Derek had himself under control. All he had to do was take Lilith's words into consideration, really. It sure wasn't a 50 year difference, but he was definitely older than Derek. When the waiter returned, Derek had ceased his sweating. The waiter placed a small plate in front of Derek. A salad. Derek sighed. It was no pie, but it was something. Derek stabbed the greens with his fork, and munched on them absentmindedly.

Once Derek was done, he exited the restaurant without saying goodbye to anyone. He didn't necessarily owe it to any of them. They had just met nearly an hour and a half earlier. Derek wandered around Omniberry, searching for something else to do. Something to forget earlier.

Suddenly, Gligar's Pokemon shook, vibrating Derek's bag. Derek let Gligar out, and he immediately started tugging Derek towards the woods around Omniberry.

"No way," Derek said, shaking his head.

"Gar..." Gligar growled, still sour from his last battle. He hadn't been strong enough to take on Roserade. He needed to be stronger. And somewhere inside Derek, he believed it too.

"Fine. One battle," Derek said. Gligar beamed. Derek wandered into the woods with Gligar close behind him.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus finished his Flora's Finest and decided that he had better things to do now that he had eaten and gotten food for his Pokemon. He waved goodbye or Lilith and Jane before heading out to the forest. Even though Xeta and Venus were strong enough, he was mostly focused on catching a bug type, mostly as an HM slave if they still had HMs, other than that, he wanted a new Pokemon to his party so he decided to look in the woods outside Omniberry.

Derek was lost. Hopelessly lost. Gligar had let him out too far into the woods. Gligar had managed to defeat a single Sunkern, and suddenly he thought he was hot stuff. Now they were out in nowhere-land. But on the plus side, Gligar was getting a ton of experience.

"Gligar, we should stay put," Derek advised, "That's what survivalists say. If you ever get lost, stay in one place. It gives search groups a better chance to find you. As if there's a search group coming to find us..."

No one would realize Derek was missing. They had just ditched Omniberry Bistro without saying anything.

"Glig," Gligar said, trying to fly high above the tree tops. But Gligar didn't have the strength. He could hover a few feet above the ground, but couldn't fly above the canopy that encased them.

"I'll just climb a tree," Derek piped up. He rushed over to a thick tree trunk, and began to shimmy up. Unfortunately, he had never been the strongest climber. So he promptly slipped down from the tree, hitting the ground with a dull thud.

"Phant..." murmured a voice.

"Oh god no. Oh god please no. Oh god please please no."

A Pokemon came into view. A spooky black ghost with wood on its head. Phantump. Gligar sprung into action, and used Poison Sting. The Phantump shivered, but was ultimately okay. Phantump tackled Gligar, dealing a bit of damage. It was back and forth. Poison Sting and Tackle. Gligar was losing. Derek couldn't trek through the forest without a Pokemon by his side, so he had only one option.

Derek reached inside his bag, and grabbed a Pokeball. He closed his eyes, and prayed that Phantump was weakened. He then threw the Pokeball, and it sucked Phantump inside. One... two... three... ding! Derek had caught the Phantump, and in effect saved himself and Gligar.

"Yes! Yes! We're safe, Gligar," Derek cried out in relief. Gligar did a happy little dance.

Lilith finished her pie and shoved some bread sticks in her bag for later.
"Hey guys, I have to get going, see ya!" She smiled at everyone and left her tip on the napkin. A hefty 100 pokedollars.

Lilith left the cafe and smelled the sweet air of Omniberry Town. The air smelled like flowers and carried a blissful aroma. Lilith had a good feeling about this adventure.

Lilith went to the marketplace for a bit for some goods. "Hello, welcome to the PokeMart!" She had hair of a reddish hue and her eyes were a steely gray. Her tag shined, saying "Raina" on it.

Lilith bought some Lemonade, candy, and antidotes for the journey and left the store feeling refreshed. She began walking the route to the next town.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
After training for a bit, Marcus decided to leave and go to the next town. On his way he noticed Jane and decided to ask, "Do you know where I can find a fire type?" He hoped she knew but if she didn't, he could always look himself.

Derek let the Phantump out of its Pokeball. He quickly scanned it with his Pokeball. It knew Confuse Ray, Tackle, and Astonish. It was a girl.

"You want a nickname?" Derek questioned. Gligar was shocked, and quite honestly offended. He swatted at Derek, and shrieked. Derek submitted, and agreed not to give out a nickname.

Derek sat around with Phantump and Gligar for a while, unsure of what to do. Eventually, Derek's back became sore after supporting itself for so long. So, Derek leaned back against a tree. Or, more accurately, against a Trevenant.

"Son of a-!" Derek began, before he was cut off by the Trevenant. The tree batted him across the forest.

"Phanny!" Phantump squealed, flying in circles around the Trevenant. The Trevenant calmed down. The two Pokemon chatted for a while, until Trevenant nodded. It trudged over to Derek, and picked him up.

"Please don't kill me," Derek prayed.

The Trevenant didn't kill him. It carried him, Phantump, and Gligar over to Route 2, where they saw Jane.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I GOT this, Venus go!" Marcus shouted as he sent out his Marill who without being instructed, used Bubble, it hit the Houndoom, but it just shrugged it off as if it was a leaf blowing on his skin. The Dark type then retaliated with a crunch that left Venus A. At critical health and B. very angry. She then used Water gun and Marcus asked Jane, "Could you send out Lotus, I need help if I'm gonna catch this thing,"

"It's not my fault!" Derek complained, "Plus, this dude saved my life!"

Gligar zipped towards the Houndoom, only to be swatted to the side. Derek got down from the Trevenant, and rushed to Gligar. He returned Gligar to his Pokeball, and rushed over to Jane's side to hide behind her.

Tessa walked out to the forest (?) where the others were at, being how she felt Star needed more training and that they might need someone else for the two to make it through Florberry cave. As the two made it through, it became evident that help was needed up ahead. "Star, mind helping them out some?" She asked as her Shinx ran forward in it's kinda fast kinda slow way. "Get ready, Charge!" She commanded as Star went forward. The small electric type started to glow with the electricity charging him. "Now Spark!" Tessa said pointing forward causing Shinx to leap forward at the Houndoom.

Lilith looked into the distance to see Derek getting attacked by another fully-evolved grass-type. She chuckled.

"Derek, I think you need to stop annoying the wildlife." Lilith patted Derek's shoulder, smirking. The brunette looked around to see Marcus and Jane. She waved to them and looked to see a few new Pokemon with their respective trainers.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The Houndoom seemed to have taken less damage from the spark than from water gun, but it was still noticable and then something happened, the Houndoom was paralyzed, now was Venus's chance, she managed a critical hit Water Gun followed up by a Return which brought the Houndoom down to critical damage, nearby a Larvesta was watching the battle and interfered with a Bug bite, nearly ending the Houndoom. Marcus sent out Xeta and told the two of them, "Xeta, Tackle, Venus, Return!" The two attacked in unison and combined with another bug bite from the Larvesta, the Houndoom fainted, giving the Larvesta, Venus, and Xeta experience. Marcus then noticed the Larvesta whom decided to then allow it self to be captured by Marcus.
"Go Pokeball!" Marcus cried as he threw the ball, encapsulating the bug-fire type, it shook three times and the Larvesta was now his.
"I'll call you Solar," Marcus told the ball as he clutched it, feeling satisfied with all of the high level Pokemon he keeps finding by Derek's accidental traits.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James was eating his food and watched as the others started leaving one by one. He finished and saw that there was nothing to pay for the food, except the tip that Lilith left, but that was for the waiter. James sighed as a waitress came nearby. "Are you ready to pay for the check?" she asked. James grabbed his wallet and paid her the fine, but he was still sad. "Well I did came up of the idea after all. I guess it makes sense that I pay for the food," he though trying to cheer up. He left the room and saw that it was getting a bit late. James saw that some of the shops were starting to close, as well.

He rushed to the nearest one and bought a decent amount of berries, mostly for his Pokémon to use in battle. Then James headed to Route 2, hoping to sneak a bit of training. He heard a noise coming from a forest nearby, but decided that he already did enough on his first day as a trainer. James headed forward, surprisingly not encountering any Pokémon, and quickly reached the cave. Then he noticed that Jane was also there, looking at her Pokémon. "Hey! Jane, sup. You know, it's almost night. Are you sure it's a good idea to go in?" James asked.

"Believe it or not, Lilith, that Trevenant saved my life," Derek said, "Phantump here convinced it to."

Phantump squealed in joy, and zipped over to Lilith. She floated around as if she were a squid, pushing around the air in small bursts.

"You know, where there's one Houndoom there's more. They travel in packs. This one must've strayed. But others will be here soon. Trust me, I saw it in a movie. We should get out of here," Derek advised.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Way ahead of you," Marcus said as he booked it out of the forest and went to Route 2, where Jane and James could be seen.
"Hey guys, how are you doing?" He took out Xeta, Venus and Solar to check their stats as he gave them a Flora's Finest to dine on for their hard work. He saw that Xeta was at level 12 and knew Tackle, Protect, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip, Venus at level 11 who knew Tackle, Bubble, Return, and Water Gun, and finally Solar at level 10 with the moves Ember, Absorb and Bug Bite.
"Hey James," He asked returning his three Pokemon to their Pokeballs once they finished the fruit salad, "Did you catch any new Pokemon?"

Tessa turned around waving Star to follow. "How's about we head over to that cave? Your probably weak against the pokemon there, but we can deal with it." She said to her pokemon. With that quick statement, the two ran out back to the city.
Tessa walked slowly across the plain to Florberry cave. "Nearly there." She said down at her Shinx. As soon as she said that, a Nidoran (male) dashed out of a bush. Behind it, there was a Nidorina chasing it. "Hey, hold back on the little guy!" She said to the Nidoran, dropping to a knee and placed her arm between the two. "Star, Spark!" She called out for him to zap Nidorina. Star dashed forward and slammed into it. The attack did a but of damage, but not enough to deal some true damage. Tessa turned to the Nidoran hiding behind her. "Mind helping out some?" She asked the pokemon. The Nidoran heard her, chosing to help out. It jumped forward and used poison sting on Nidorina. Angry, the Nidorina turned around to Star. Suddenly, she used Double Kick onto the Shinx. Star flew back after the kick. "Star! You alright?" She asked as Star shook it off. "Good, now Spark!" Star lept forward and struck it with Spark again. This time, though, it knocked it back. Even though it was much stronger, the little Nidoran wasn't worth the problems. Taking its leave, the Nidorina turned back to the bushes.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I never said you catching your Houndour wasn't important," Marcus told Jane, attempting to clarify his intentions, "Besides I saw you catch your Houndour so I know you have it, also having a flashlight seems useful," He took out Solar and allowed him to light a small flame to guide the way even if it was necessary due to Jane's flashlight.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James shrugged and headed inside Florberry Cave as well. He caught up to Marcus and released Burn. The Chimchar helped Solar light up the cave, too. “Heh, well I only have Burn here so far. Oh let’s try heading that direction,” he said as he pointed to the right. Burn went to that direction and James noticed some movement. He pointed to where he thought the object moved, and the little monkey went over there. The tail on his head showed the Pokemon that was moving. “Ohhh!! It’s a Roggenrola. Well, you were asking if I have caught any Pokémon, this rock one seems like a good start,” James joked.

This angered the Roggenrola, which started to charge at Burn. He ended up getting hit by a tackle attack. “Burn, calm down. Use Bulk Up,” James said. Chimchar’s body turned maroon and a bit of muscles appeared briefly to show he was preparing to attack again. The wild Roggenrola attacked again, this time with rollout.

Burn took the hit well. “Alright, retaliate with Counter!” his trainer shouted. The monkey Pokémon attacked Roggenrola with nearly 4 times as strongly as the Pokémon used rollout. “Go Pokeball!” James shouted as he thre the capture capsule. One... two... three... ting! “Haha. How’s that for catching Pokémon?” he said as he high fived Burn.

Then he sent out Roggenrola out. “Nod once if you’re a girl, twice if you’re a boy,” James said. The new Pokemon nodded once, causing it to start rolling. James picked her up. “Would you like the nickname Rosetta then?” he asked. The rock Pokémon cried in glee.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Good job James," Marcus said as he put his hand on his shoulder. As he continued on, he had found a Zubat, probably the first of many.
"Well might as well catch one, seems I might run into way more," Marcus said as he sent out Venus, for she was the only one who wasn't weak to this Zubat. The Zubat used Leech Life and minorly damaged Venus.
"Venus, use Return!" The boy said before the Marill could act, which pleased him. The Aqua Mouse Pokemon did what her trainer asked and got the Bat Pokemon down to a level of health optimal for catching Pokemon.
"Go Pokeball!" Marcus said as he threw a Pokeball at the Poison type, it shook, it shook again, and finally a third time and then it stopped, Zubat was caught. He used a Potion on him and took it out and checking its stats. It was a level 7 Zubat with the moves Poison Sting, Leech life, Supersonic, and Astonish.
"Now make one noise if you are a boy, two if you are a girl," The Zubat screeched once, he was a boy.
"I think I'll call you, Zoro," Marcus said as he put Zoro back in his Pokeball.

Lilith nodded. "Well, as long as you're okay." Lilith responded and walked along the path, seeing a sign that said "Florberry Cave". The brunette sorted through her bag, making sure she had everything: Poke Balls, Potions, Antidotes, and the single revive she was given.

The air around the route was starting to get cold. Lilith shivered and unrolled her sleeves. She felt the entrance to the cave. It was warm. Lilith looked up and saw the sun about to set. "Well, I figure I'll make it to the next town before dusk... I just don't wanna stay here." Lilith thought, taking her first step into the cave. Instantly, a Zubat hit her slender body, knocking her out of the cave.

"Ugh..." Lilith groaned. "Mari, bubble!" Mari the Chinchou made a few bubbles, knocking down the Pokemon. "Again!" Mari did the same thing, knocking out the Pokemon. "Good job!" Lilith praised, patting Mari on the head.

Lilith re-entered the cave. The cave was dim and dark. Sharp rocks and Zubats surrounded the young brunette. "Man, I wish I had a way to light up the cave..." Lilith thought out loud. She had her Cherubi phone, but she didn't think to use the flashlight app and she didn't have matches or a fire-type Pokemon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus decided to come to Lilith's aide, he saw her at a distance large enough to where he picked up a decent sized stick and took out Solar.
"Light it up buddy," Marcus whispered as the Larvesta blew a small flame on to the stick, creating a decent torch, he then firmly grasped the torch.
"Catch it, you'll see it when it comes to you!" He shouted and threw the torch lightly enough so that the flame wouldn't go out.

Lilith screamed loudly. "Why does he think throwing a literal stick on fire is a good idea?" Lilith knew she couldn't catch, so instead, she moved out of the way of the fiery branch. Luckily, Brad the Poochyena came to the rescue and caught the stick just in time. He smiled, thinking it was a fun game. "I appreciate the gesture but I could've died!" Lilith yelled back. Brad continued carrying the torch for her.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Sorry!" Marcus said as scratched his head, Solar would have faceplamed but die to lacking hands or any semblance of an arm, he just made an embarrassed noise. Yea, just toss a flaming stick at a girl you barely know and now, you've almost killed her, sorry isn't going to fix that, geez, you're hopeless Marcus thought to himself as he faceplamed for Solar.

Tessa had caught the Nidoran, naming it Spike. She returned it to it's pokeball before turning back to the cave. "Just make it through there." She said to her Shinx as the two walked through. When entering, it became evident that people were using torches to light up the area. "Star, light it up please." She asked the Shinx. Star cried out quietly and charged it's body. Slowly a glow came from his body illuminating the area around the two. "Thanks Star." Tessa said as she walked forward.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Good job on Lotus evolving," Marcus said as he took out Venus and Xeta to see Lotus in his new form. Xeta playfully tackled Lotus's leg, itching to see what new power Lotus had.
"I think Xeta wants to battle Lotus, can he, if that's okay with you?" Marcus asked as he took Xeta back and set him next to Solar.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Geez I’m just too slow,” James sighed as he put Rosetta down. He took out his Pokedex and observed his Pokemon. They had good moves, but something caught his eye. Chimchar was only one level away from evolving. James looked at Marcus. “Would you ok with going on a one on one with me again, actually? Any Pokémon,” he asked.

Derek entered Floriberry Cave slightly behind the others. It was slightly illuminated near the mouth of the cave, but became increasingly darker. A few glowing Carbinks floating on by, not meaning any harm. Morelulls cluttered the ground, occasionally squirting glowing spores. Gligar got a little riled up, but was too weak from his other battles to do anything. Phantump was too shy to fight.

"Can't see a thing in this cave..." Derek groaned, "Phantump, any time you'd want to learn Will-O-Wisp, that'd be wonderful."

Phantump sputtered, trying to produce some sort of light. Nothing. Derek tripped over multiple rocks, and stumbled through the cave. Eventually, one of the rocks his hand fell on had a strange imprint. A fossil. The cave was full of them. Derek ran his fingers along the walls of the cave, and snagged any fossils he could find. He shoved them into his bag until he could fit no more. Then, he continued through the cave.

Tessa saw Derek without any light, stumbling through the cave. "Hey over there!" She called waving at him. She ran over, Star glowing to allow vision. The two made it to him quite fast. "You wanna join us? Star can produce light.

"Yes, please," Derek nodded, relieved, "Thank Arceus. I was stumbling blind. I found quite a few fossils though. This cave is full of them."

Derek wandered over to Star, and huddled close to the light.

Lilith walked along the path, Brad holding the torch. Her wispy brown hair was held up by a loose bun. Her clunky combat boots filled the cave with footsteps, echoing through the cave. This attracted several Zubats and Geodudes. Brad used the torch as an advantage against other Pokemon, damaging them with it.

Eventually, the clunky noises got overbearing so she pulled off her boots, going barefoot through the cave.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I guess we can have a double battle, but who would the teams be?" Marcus asked as he put Venus, and Solar back into their Pokeballs, leaving only Xeta. He was four levels away from evolving, so a quick double battle would help with that.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Okay, James are you ready?" Marcus asked as he thought about the moves he would use, he had to be careful for Solaris, but Lotus seemed less trouble, his grass type moves would do neutral damage at best, so that's what he had to go for, neutral damage.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yeah, of course I am," James said with a smile. "And by the way, my Chimchar's name is Burn," he told Jane. Burn responded at that by crossing his arms in front of his trainer. "The real question is, are you ready Jane?" he asked, excited for a battle. His Chimchar was very excited as well.

Tessa cracked a grin as she started forward again. "You know, getting close to light only blocks it." She said, aiming the comment on the fact that Star was being crowded. "Anywho, how's you been? Any new additions?" She asked turning forward in the direction of a ladder down lower in the cave system.

"Yeah. Phantump. She's pretty cool. She helped save me," Derek nodded, "What about you? New friends?"

Derek reached for the ladder, and started down here. No more Morelulls clambered on the ground. It was too dark for even them. Derek even ran into a few Carbinks, but they didn't get angry. Phew.

Tessa followed in suit. "Nido, he's a Nidoran." She said patting a pokeball at her side. Star held tight to her, as he had to be carried down the ladder. "Any idea how long this cave is?" She asked him as she walked in what she thought was the way out.