• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Definitive Games List

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. It would be great to have them both one after the other, but if you can't find Katamari Damacy then you MUST get We

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Puyo Pop Fever - a game that was out a while ago, but I just now bought. A solid puzzle game. It's also really addicting, and the multiplayer is awesome.

*Cries*

Why oh why did it have to be released before the WFC went online? ;_;

Puyo Pop-styled puzzlers are probably my favourite kind, and the new rules in Puyo Pop Fever really add to the gameplay. It'd be awesome if they released a sequel with WFC capibilities. I can never get any challengers IRL =/

*Cries*

Why oh why did it have to be released before the WFC went online? ;_;

Puyo Pop-styled puzzlers are probably my favourite kind, and the new rules in Puyo Pop Fever really add to the gameplay. It'd be awesome if they released a sequel with WFC capibilities. I can never get any challengers IRL =/

It's just as well; I suck at it. :D

I guess we're gonna have to wait until the Tetris DS game comes out...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
NEW:Katamari Damacy; We Love Katamari - Boy, oh boy. What would we do without those crazy Japanese? You do NOT get any zanier than these gems (unless you count The Rub Rabbits), and if you're looking for good ol' FUN games, you owe it to yourself to try these out at least once.

HAH-HAH! When I saw your post about two new games and Namco I started muttering, "C'mon, QQ, let those be Katamari!"

Told ya you'd love 'em ^^

I still haven't bought We

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QQ, you make me want to buy a PSP... just for THAT game ;__;

Anyways, figure I'll start extensively updating some of my lists again (not gonna bother with the consoles/handhelds I haven't added yet, though). I'll go by QQ's style and just write NEW by the games that I recently bought ^^

Problem is, though... I have a tendency to buy a game and not play it for months :p

Hmm... I need to redo my list somehow. It's tough to read through the way it is now, but if I put a space between every game it'd be too freakin' long x.x

Edit: I've fixed up my listing style to make it a bit more readable and added my PS2 collection. I know I own more games for it than that, but they're either missing (like Kingdom Hearts) or I can't recall them at the moment ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's QQ for you ^^

NEW: Nintendo DS lite

And even if there's no way I could have a DS Lite now considering I didn't order one, I'm still freakin' jealous :p

How's it feel in your hands, and how's the screen lighting? Find yourself using the strongest setting or sticking to the low/medium?

While you may not be awe-stricken by the size of the DS lite at first, you come to appreciate it quickly. It's noticeably lighter, definitely thinner, and each half is not much taller than the size of the screen it needs to hold, which makes the folded product much more pocket-friendly. It's not so small that your hands get cramped or anything, though.

The screens are brilliant. You can't ever imagine going back to the old system once you've tried it (kinda like how you couldn't possibly go back the the GBA after the GBA SP...or even the old GBA SP after the DS...or even the DS after the GBm or new GBA SP). The new placement of the mic feels more comfortable (in Feel the Magic: XY/XX I'd always bend down towards the corner of the mic to blow, but now with The Rub Rabbits! on the DS lite, I don't feel inclined to move a muscle).

The buttons are different. Not better or worse, just different. The + Control Pad and A, B, X and Y buttons are springy, but not so springy as the original GBA's or the GBm's: they're much firmer feeling. The Start and Select buttons are clicky, and their new placement takes some time to get used to, but just as always, you do eventually. The L and R buttons are probably the best I've felt on a handheld since the GBm: shaped like the GBA SP's, but built so close to the machine they feel like they could never come even the slightest bit loose.

I'm sure you've all seen enough comparison shots of the old DS and the DS lite, but I'll show you some of my own, anyways. Here are the styli, the screen brightness (old DS vs. DS lite and DS lite vs. GBm) and the sizes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Heh, you got the dark one.

That's the one I want. >:-D *steals*

I'll probably wait the UK release out since it's not likely to be too long - primarily to avoid problems over the charger. Stupid new special one.

Forgot that with the new DS lite comes a new Mario Kart DS friend code. Feel free to re-register me in the event that we ever actually schedule some kind of Pokécharms race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third post in a row! Yay me. ^_^

So I picked up the stupidest game I've ever seen for GameCube. You have no idea how ridiculous it is. It did, however, receive the highest rating ever for a microphone-controlled Japanese feudal combat pinball game, so don't think it'd bad. ;) Besides, it has an awesome cover design complete with gold letters.

Make it four. Don't you other guys ever buy any games? ;)

The best part about the "software application" I got for the DS today...is that it only costs $25! Huzzah!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aha! I finally got a new game, too! And yeah, the cheapness factor definitely made it all the better ^^

Lost Magic, hurry up plzkthx. I wants you :(

Edit: Oh hey... Forgot that I also bought a new used PS2 game, one I have yet to play o'course XD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
WOW, update :O

http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?topic=282.msg2016#msg2016

Got all my Cube, GBA and DS games listed - didn't describe the last few DS games.

Might look over my older systems later tommorow or at some point in the near future.

Heh, it's not quite like that. I had been thinking about buying Chibi-Robo for quite some, and when they didn't have Symphonia, I decided to go for Chibi Robo instead.

I don't have it yet because I'm saving now for a convention in a few weeks where I may (don't want to jinx it) be able to find a motherload of different games for 3 or more consoles.

So yeah, I got a new Game Boy game this weekend. It's one I'd been looking for for quite some time, but I'd never been able to find until now. It's pretty pretty cool.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Updated! :D

Finally got a couple of new games, both pretty cheap since one was on sale - very, VERY much so - and the other I didn't have to pay the full price for (teh parent paid the rest).