• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Definitive Games List

I've posted a complete list of the "Games of the Day" offered by EB Games Canada here. There's some good stuff.

Speaking of good stuff, I picked up a new DS game for nearly half price today. Check it out!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've posted a complete list of the "Games of the Day" offered by EB Games Canada here. There's some good stuff.

Speaking of good stuff, I picked up a new DS game for nearly half price today. Check it out!

*Gives the EB stuff its own topic* Hope you don't mind me quoting you ;)

Right-o, Mario time. I like NSMB, but, as with the original game, I'm rubbish at it. :p I don't have those... ah, what's the word?... reflexes. Or anything resembling reflexes.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Added a few Cube games, a few DS games and my PSP, Xbox and 360 collections. :)

I also moved my post into the first post so I can find it easier. :p

Heh, more than a month since anybody's got anything new. To all you Canadians (should I say Canadian?), here are a couple EB Games sales for the month of August (all new, none used)...

GameCube - $99.99
Game Boy micro - $69.99
Magnetica, Pokémon Trozei! and True Swing Golf - $19.99/ea

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Magnetica I could be interested in picking up, but I'll pass on the rest. As much as I want a Micro... Well, no, I really don't want one at all :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Lucky you, it's a near impossible game to get. Which is a pity, because it can't really instill much confidence in Gamefreak over it's non Pokemon titles - more of which are definitely going to be necessary not too far down the line - you can't continue expanding something like Pokemon forever....

Bah, the problem with me: Everytime I switch consoles, I sell my last to help pay for it. I've been through them all from Atari to the DS (all save psp, which still doesn't interest me). But seeing as nobody is online to chat with and I'm bored, I'll go ahead and post what little I currently have.

GameBoy
3 games

Who doesn't have a gameboy? I ended up giving all my games away or losing them. I never sold them cause there is no re-sell value, or at least in my eyes. They don't pay the gas prices. =/ ANYHOO, I may have let my neice have/borrow some, so for right now these are the only ones I have. PLus, I consider gameboy outdated technology since I have a DS, and I refuse to buy any of the acclaimed 'awesome' games such as the Tales of Spympania or whatever its called.

Pokemon Yellow

Its the handheld video game based off the anime based off the handheld videogame!! OMGZ, Pikachu totoally follows you around all the friggin time, and I get to blast Team Rocket aways!

Pokemon FireRed

Its pokemon red... only better! And stuffs... Sorry, I got bored with it, seeing as I have all the shiz still memorized from when I played the original. I'm letting my brother save a file on here right now, and hes almost up to his 7th badge! =o

Pokemon Emerald

Great Odin's raven!! Its my fav pokemon game by far! I was ready to call it quits.. The game was reptitve.. it was old.. I didn't like it anymore. I liked the rp possibilities n whatnot, and though I didn't get to watch as much of the anime as I wanted, I still enjoyed what I saw. But... but this! OMG, its pwning me! I'm chasing pirates and going 'wtf' as all these double battles pop up to make things interesting. This pokemon game has beautiful graphics though in the same tradition. It has many stories going on at once, and a lot of new and refreshing material. Egads! I'm in luff!

DS
6 games

I bought the DS because Katie, n Alex, n Yoshi had one. Yeah, I'm lame and nobody I know irl plays games. Sooo, I figured I could take it online and play with peoples. I made the mistake of letting a guy at work borrow it... n yeah, he erased all my games data, including pokemon.. so yar... I don't feel like setting up new codes n such..

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Bought this when I bought the DS. It was a toss up between this and Mario Kart. I liked the original for the GC, and racing isn't my thing. Soo, I bought this game to play with everyone else... After the first month it got old, and I let my neice delete my town so she could create one to live in.. cause the little girl across the street has one and they like to play together. Meh. A typical DS game.

Brain Age: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day
I like this game. ^^ I'm not much of a puzzle-person, but the tests n stuffs are cool. And I like scoring consecutive 20s and compare them to my moms scores and that of some chicks I know. I havn't picked it up in a while, cause... well, this is a typical DS game. Easy to get into, and easy to get right back out of, imo.

Final Fantasy III
Honestly, games today just can't keep me occupied. Out of all the games on this list, there are only 2-3 I even play really.. I don't play DS games, cause handheld games imo are just for when you're really bored or traveling. Well, I've changed my mind now. I had no idea this game would be so prettiful! The story is awesome, the characters are funny, and its in 3D! woo-hoo! The opening cinematics took my breath away.. Yar.. I'm glad they added the quicksave for people like me who play the game on breaks at work and need to shut it off quickly. Only thing that bugs me about it: The lack of a spacebar to write letters to people. You have to go to symbols to find what doesn't even look like one.. and yeah, I'm being nit-picky. I'd give the game an easy 9/10 at its worse.

Mario Kart DS
Yeah.. I hate racing games... BAH.. Its just another mariokart, what more is there to say. I bought it because I'm a competitive person and it sounded like fun. Typical DS game.

Metroid Prime: Hunters
I got into FPS with Halo 2 on the xbox. I got this hoping that some of my skills would transfer over.. I was wrong... ^^ I like it, but the controls still through me off. I havn't had the time to play any good DS games, and so I'm hoping to pick this up and try it again, if only for the sake of improving my skills for online play.

New Super Mario Bros
Its classic mario meets modern standards! Everyone seems to like this.. I beat the first world.. somehow skipped around the 2nd half-way through.. then got bored and havn't picked it up again since. I may play it on a trip or something.. The chick I was dating at the time played my file and beat the game.. Craziness.. But yeah.. I'm just not a big fan of mario, sorry.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
In this game you play an anime-ish newbie defense attorny in 5 episodes of murder trials. I'm always skeptical about these stupid innovation games. Its like one bad idea after another.. But its a good thing I listened to Katikins n Alex n everyone, cause my skeptial outlook was totally wrong! I

Well its time to add in the old RLRL list....

Lets start with the oldies...

Saga Megadrive (with Mega CD attatchment)

- Sonic - hehe
- Sonic 2 - ah i love this game
- Sonic 3 - pure amazing... shame i never got sonic and knuckles
- Wonder Boy in monster world - really random game!
- Quackshot - first ever game
- Echo the dolphin
- Super Hylyde - never understood the game tbh
- Batman
- Shinobi
- Streets of Rage 2 - amazing!
- Hit the ice - Ice hockey game
- Golden Axe
- I have more.. ill add them when I locate my games, those are the only ones i can remember atm.

Gameboy and gameboy colour

- Mickey's dangerous chase
- Metroid II
- R Type
- Pokémon Blue
- Pokémon Red
- Pokémon Yellow - first pokémon game ^_^
- Pokémon Silver
- Pokémon Crystal
- Blade
- Robot Wars
- Super Mario Bros Deluxe

Gameboy Advance

- Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
- Lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring - didn't think much of this one
- Lord of the rings : the two towers - amazing!
- Lord of the rings : Return of the king - Even better than two towers!
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - My friend owed me money, gave me a game instead.. american
- Banjo Kazooie, Grunty's Revenge
- Spyro 2: Season of flame
- Medal of Honour - Frontline - not a fan of this kind of game, dad bought it for me with my sp
- Worms World Party
- Sega Smashpack: Golden Axe, Echo the Dolphin, Sonic Spinball...
- Pokémon Ruby
- Pokémon Sapphire
- Pokémon Leaf Green
- Pokémon Emerald

N64

- Super Mario 64
- Lylat Wars
- Banjo Kazooie
- Iggy's Wreckin Balls - So strange and amazing!
- Mario Kart 64 - First game
- Extreme G 2 - Wierd bike racing game, very addictive!
- Wave Race
- Forsaken
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Yoshi's Story
- Turok
- 1080 Snowboarding
- Pokémon Snap
- Pokémon Stadium
- Pokémon Stadium 2

DS

- Mario Kart DS - hells yeah!
- Tetris DS - Too Addictive.... I LOVE IT!
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Wario Ware Touched
- Metroid Prime Hunters Demo
- Sonic Rush
- Pokémon Diamond (japanese)
- Pokémon Pearl (US)

Gamecube

- Worms 3D
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Xmen Legends
- Xmen Legens 2 - Amazing!
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 - nearly at 200% completion!
- Pokémon Colloseum
- Pokémon XD - Imported
- Donkey Konga
- Wario Ware Party Edition
- Sonic Mega Collection
- Sonic Heroes
- Pokémon Channel (jirachi download, who can say no!)
- Defender
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Smash Bros
- Tony Hawk's Underground
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - woo for robots with wings and bunny ears!

Wii

- Wii Sports
- Legend Of Zelda, Twilight Princess
- Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Virtual Console
- Super Mario World (SNES)
- F-Zero X (N64)
- Mario Kart 64 (N64)
- Donkey Kong (NES)
- Bomberman '93 (Turbografx)
- Wave Race 64 (N64)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OMGZ new game! Last time that happened was with... Odama XP

I won't be mean and make people look, tho. I bought StarFox Command because... well... because a wizard told me too. And it sounded sweet at E3.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Finally... Updated ^__^

Btw QQ - StarFox Command is probably another love-hate game which, again, is a bit different from past StarFox games. It's more or less half strategy/dogfight missions, most all of which are short missions that involve shooting down certain enemies and collecting emblems or defeating a boss. Some people seem to love the story; others hate it. The touch screen gives you a new sense of control previous StarFox games never had, though, and while iffy at times it does make for a new, interesting experience. Not just that, it's online, so you can shoot the shit out of friends ^^

Too bad the multiplayer modes weren't more fleshed out =/

My list
GameCube
James Bond Eveything or Nothing
James Bond NightFire
James Bond From Russia with Love
Tony Hawk Under Ground
Metroid Prime
Metrod Prime 2
Madden NFL 2002
All Star Baseball 2002
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Legind of Zelda Wind Waker
Legind of Zelda Orcarina of Time
SSBM*
SSX 3
Soul Caliber*
Super Mario SunShine*
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2

PS2
Call of Duty Big Red One
Shadow the HedgeHog
Destroy all Humans
NCAA Football 07 (Calvin Johnson owns)

GBA
Fire Red
Emerald
Saphire*
Red Rescue Team

GBC
Crystal
Gold
Red*
Pokeman TGC*

DS Lite
Metriod Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command
Blue Rescue Team

*= means I have the game but it is currently missing / lent to someone

I got a hell of a lot of new games very recently, so I'll list 'em here and update my list at some point.

DS Lite (not a game, but cool!)
Rocket Quest: Dragon Slime
Big Brain Academy
Electroplankton
Baten Kaitos Origins
One Piece Grand Adventure
Contact

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ooo. Contact. The review for that sounded nifty. It's definitely on my Xmas list ^^ (Cause I've suddenly turned very, scarily poor. Damn University fees and lack of a student loan @_@)

How is Big Brain Academy? I never did get around to buying it...

Contact is a blast. You should definitely get it.

Big Brain Academy is... fun, but there's not a lot to it. It has more depth than Brain Age, which is a plus, but... yeah.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh.

"Nintendo's first party titles are released on Tuesday or Wednesday in Canada, with the exception of specially-dated items like Pokémon Emerald Version or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I, too, got XD early; Friday instead of Tuesday, but don't expect anything like that to happen with this. ;)" ~ QQ

Heh. FYI, Ranger was said to be out in Canada on November 2nd.

*Has Pokemon Ranger playing in her DS right now* ^^

At long last, Ranger ish here, and it's looking to be my sort of game. Not only is it a unique look at the Pokemon world, it'll give me lots of ideas for usage in RP ;)

Darn it, you beat me to it! As assistant manager, I'm only allowed to buy things from my manager, who was OFF yesterday...

I'll be picking it and Final Fantasy XII up later today, so consider this my update post. *can't wait to dig into Ranger*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whoops! I completely forgot that I'd picked up the collector's edition version of Final Fantasy XII yesterday, too ^_^;

I haven't touched it yet, though, and probably won't for awhile. No PS2 onhand - it's lent out to my brother :p

Updated my list at last, I've only bought 1 game in the past couple of months though... Pokémon Diamond =D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Updated! ^^

While I was holding two games yesterday, I could only afford one... So FF III won out over Yoshi's Island 2 :(

I think that's the last of the games until '07 - minus Zelda, which is pre-ordered - that I really wanted to have launch day. I've ended up passing by A LOT of choice titles due to time and money, so hopefully I'll be able to pick some of 'em up/get them over the Xmas break.

EDIT: My bad. Upon taking a closer look at the game, I realized one of my qualms with FF III doesn't actually exist, so I edited my "description" for it.

(Edit: November 19th update: ) PERSIAN IS VERY VERY VERY HAPPY! 8D

Persian obtained $160 last night. Persian went to Fry's Electronics with said $160 plus other cash. Persian bought pink DS Lite and Pokemon Ranger. Persian is happy. Very, very happy.

Persian is now Ranger obsessed. Yay for Persian. X3

Edit: Never actually put the list up. ^_^;; I'll do that now...
By the way, I'm putting these under separate categories because up until about 16.5 hours ago, all I had were GameBoy series titles/consoles...^_^;; Sorry, Oak-sensei! *bows* (/Edit: November 19th update)

Definitive Games List of Persian

Game Boy Color: (console: purple see-through GBC)
-Pokemon Blue
--> I bought this one after I got Silver...simply because I wanted a game, and never had Red or Blue. That, and...my parents were paying for it? I dunno. But I got it, and it was pretty fun. I got it instead of Red because looking at a purely red game made me thirsty. @_@

-Pokemon Yellow (first game!)
--> I saw my cousins playing this before I had ANY video games, and I loved playing theirs. My aunt got it and a GameBoy Color for me as an early birthday present when they left...and I am eternally grateful! This game rocked...it was in multiple colors! O_O Plus, I liked how Pikachu followed you around. ^_^;;

-Pokemon Gold
--> Ah, Gold...I got this waaay after the US release for Hanukkah...hehe. See, when I was on the plane going to the east coast to visit my grandparents for Hanukkah, I lost my game (and my traded Persian) on Yellow, and I was right before challenging Giovanni (and I had a pwnzing Persian). My dad cheered me up...but it was all better later when I got Gold and a strategy guide. So I love this game. ^_^

-Pokemon Silver
--> I got this from my grandfather as a present...for something...-_-;; I thought it was fun, but Gold was cooler. Not much to say here...um...I like Johto?

-Pokemon Crystal
--> Another present (hehe). I got this a couple days after the US release as a random present during the summer. It was awesome-I was sick, and the day after I got it, I got to play it when I went with my mom on a day-long work-related trip. Then, the next spring, I brought it with my to the Grand Canyon (with my new GBA), and played it there. I caught Suicune when we were stopped in a Sonic Burger...ah...this and Gold are my favorite games.

-Pokemon TCG (recently unearthed...)
--> I thought this was really fun, though I don't remember when I got it. It was nice because I didn't have enough money or a good shop to buy real cards from, but I could still play. I remember playing this one a lot...I think I beat it too, except for the cards you could only get from playing with another person. Making decks is most fun. ^_^ GO, IMAKUNI!

-Some sort of Mario game...Super Mario, maybe?
--> I got really close to beating this one...but then I got bored. It was pretty fun, and pretty much the only Mario game I've played. Funny story...when I was on the plane to Japan a few summers ago, one of the games they had was this collection of Mario titles...this one included! So I played it again with my friend on the plane...^_^

Game Boy Advance: (consoles: pink see-through GBA, navy GBA SP)
-Pokemon Ruby
--> I remember being surprised when I got this game from my parents...it just showed up from Amazon with the Prima strategy guide! O_O I played it because I was kind of stuck before the third gym in Sapphire, and ended up beating the E4 later. Plus, I had a Delcatty, Tropius, and Castform (some of my favorites), so that was cool.

-Pokemon Sapphire
--> Oh, I remember buying this game. I found out about the third generation the weekend before their release...a couple days to wait...such good timing! Anyways, I agonized over waiting for this game for those couple of days, then my parents wouldn't take me to Fry's to buy it on the release day. >_< I got it a couple days later, though, along with a strategy guide, and was so happy playing it. I chose Treecko, and away I went! ^_^

-Pokemon Emerald
--> I got this game on release day. I was really angry it got pushed back all that time, though...anyways, I played it with a Mudkip, the one I hadn't chosen, and it was pretty fun. I nicknamed EVERY Pokemon I got in Japanese, so that was cool. I recently got back into it, beat the E4, and started exploring the Battle Frontier. Oh, and I caught my first/only shiny in it, a shiny Tentacool. So it rocks for that reason too.

-Pokemon Fire Red
--> Another one I got on release day. It was a Friday, so I biked to Fry's with my dad after school, and played it. I chose Charmander, caught a Meowth, had a Vaporeon, beat the E4...walked around the Sevii Islands and had fun catching Johto Pokemon and reminiscing about GSC...ahhh...fun. ^_^;; I think my team on this game has been my favorite so far, a Charizard (Kazul), Persian (Rei), Vaporeon (Storm), Alakazam (Hatori), Vileplume (Amazon), and Raichu (Inazuma). Fun.

-Some sort of boardgame thing that I never opened
--> Maybe I should try playing it one of these days...it was a present, I think from my parents. Heheh...-_-;;;

-Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
--> It was okay, but I kept getting stuck pretty early on. It was one of the first games I got for the GBA (I think it was one of the first two), and it was a present. So yeah.

-A strange Mary-Kate and Ashley DDR-like came...@_@
--> It was okay, but DDR would probably be better. I got it from my parents on my birthday when I got my GBA. I kind of lost interest in it after awhile...

Nintendo DS: (console: pink DS Lite)
-Pokemon Ranger
--> I got it last night! (Edit: November 18th) ^_^ I was going to get it last, you know, save the best one, but they didn't have Dungeon and it looked so tempting next to plain ol' Trozei...so I got it. And it is so incredibly fun! It is everything I thought it would be...maybe more! The first Pokemon I got in my browser was Chikorita...that was cool. And I love having Plusle around. It's so cute! (Edit: Minun was my 151st Pokemon, too. Yaaa~y for numbers!)

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force (Christmas edit!)
---> Probably one of the bests presents I got this year for the holidays. ^_^;; It's really fun (hey, it's POKEMON), and I love my team - Team Sekai! Narue the Torchic is making me like Torchic...even though I thought they were kind of over-hyped. Eheh. But Kazuto the Totodile makes me happy...yay for Narue no Sekai-themed Pokemon? Anyways, I asked for this because it was a cool Pokemon RPG for the DS, and I needed another game since I finished Ranger. And it sounded fun. Which it is. Very, very fun.
Also, this is a game I played today in bed while I was sick, and half-way through opening my presents (before I got to the MacBook). This bodes well, since I always seem to fall in luv with games I play while I'm sick. *looks at Crystal*

-Pokemon Diamond (Japanese) (edit: 3/11...but I got it on 2/9)
---> I finally broke down and imported it a month-and-a-half ago. X3 I've only had a couple days to play this (stupid school), but this is SOOOO much fun! Even though I only understand half of what's going on! ^_^ Anyway, I waited so long to get this, and so far, it's been holding up very nicely to all the expectations I put on it for, like, two years. I look forward to playing it more (I only just got to Sonoo Town).

-Pokemon Pearl (English) (edit: 4/24...but I got it on release day, 4/22)
---> I got this when I planned to, and I got ten dollars off for a release day sale! That was cool. Unfortunately, it seems this game is no fun for me...sob...I mean, I got bored with Diamond already (I just arrived in Zui Town, checked out the caught an Unown or two, and haven't finished that tower-thing), and I can't bring myself to really go through those annoying two badges AGAIN, even in a more me-friendly language. (I only just got my Pokedex...) Sob...worst nightmare came true, and it sucks. But I'll hope that one day I'll pick up Pearl and be all "hey! This is actually fun!" And not get bored...to tears...sigh...

I think that's it...-_-;; If it turns out I really did post my list, I'll delete this one...but yeah. As you can see, I really only play Pokemon games, as you can see. Maybe I'll branch out one day...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Good for you, Persian. You've finally joined us in the Lite ^^

EDIT: Derrr. Updated :O *Points to very bottom of her games list post*

I love employee appreciation days at Christmas! Just picked up two games, a strategy guide and a dance mat for less than half the cost a customer would've paid for 'em! The third game added today I actually bought for Wii on launch day, but forgot to add it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Here's a thought. Should we create a separate topic for Virtual Console games, or just shove 'em in here?