• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Definitive Games List

PS
Croc: Legends of Gobos: It wasn't really me who bought it. But I believe it was bought since we tried it at our cousins house, and liked it that we wanted to buy it. But I don't like it anymore, the gaming system is way to tricky for my taste.
Rayman: One of the very first game we bought at all, reason why unknown. Ah, the creature with no neck, arms and legs. I guess I could still enjoy it, since it is only in 2D. But just maybe.
Final Fantasy Origins: You have heard so much of it, so you just have to buy it, right? Well, that was the reason. I could so play it whenever I want, and never be sad of it. Short, I still like it.
Final Fantasy Anthology: More Final Fantasy! I bought 'cause it was cheap, and since it is hard to find Final Fantasy, at least older ones. Still like it also.
Final Fantasy VI: "OMG! Final Fantasy, gotta buy it!" The best Final Fantasy according to me. Oh, and still enjoyable, and I will never get tired of it.
Final Fantasy VII: My sister bought it from the net since we wanted to. Almost everybody says that it is the best FF ever, but I don't think so. Haven't played it, so I can't say I like it or not.
Final Fantasy VIII: I bought it from the net since it was really cheap. I haven't really played much on it, so I can't really say I like or not.

PS2
Final Fantasy X: Bought cheap, yet again! I wanted to have all the FF games so badly, so I bought it. Haven't played much, so I can't say I like it or not.
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII: *drools* Vincent! I really wanted this game, since Vincent is the main character, I love Vincent. For having not a single experience in shooting game, it did go pretty well for me. Though, I still have big problems with the controls. But I like it.
We Love Katamari: Bought it due to the reason I saw it on a game program, it could really good points, top points actually, and it looked really funny, I just had to buy it. It went straight up on the list of excellent games. Still enjoyable, and will always be.
PuyoPop Fever: Oh my, it looks so cute. But it can be boring after a while. But oh well, it is okay.
Dark Chronicle: I saw it several times, and thought it looked nice, and one day, my sis told me that the game had gotten good points in a magazine she used to read. So, I bought it, and really proud of it. I will never get tired of it.
One Piece: Grand Battle: Sure, I was a One Piece freak, so I bought it okay? But the game is just for those who are crazy over One Piece and fighting games. Nothing special in short.
Shinobi: Oh, ninja... Bought it since I read about it in a magazine, and it seemed pretty awesome, then when I suddenly saw it in my regular game shop, and for a super low price, I just had too! I wasn't disappointed at first, but now lately, I'm not so sure anymore. But it is okay for the moment.
Megaman X7: Yeah! As a Rockman-otaku, I wanted as many Rockman-games as possible, and when finally finding an example with a decent price I bought. And I can't help but like it, but at the same time don't.
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: Just found it random, and as I have heard many good things, me and sis bought it together. It wasn't so bad. But I dunno if it is in the good or bad corner.
Kingdom Hearts: Bought by sis, but I guess she bought since almost everyone else plays it. So I haven't really tried it, and I probably won't either.
Rayman M: Got it as a Christmas present, so I really didn't buy it. Played it when getting it, but stopped later on. Can't really say if I like it or not.
Silent Hill 2: Bought by sis since she heard many good things of it. But she was so scared, that she haven't played on it for a while. And since I'm such a scaredy cat, I wouldn't be able to play it either.
Sonic Riders: Oh! Bought it since it was cheap and rare! And I love racing games, do pretty well in them (well, especially if you can shoot/damage the other players, or else it isn't fun for me.))

GBA
NES Classic: Legend of Zelda: Of course you must have Zelda. Well, I like it.
Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Protoman: Bought by my sis, which I bought it from, since I'm a Rockman-otaku. I still like it.
Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar: Same reason as above. Finished twice, so I can't say I don't like it, can't I?
160 in 1: A game bought in Philippines, have games such as Megaman 1&2, Circus Charlie, Ice Climber and others.

PC
Curse of Monkey Island: Not bought, but given to us. Never gonna stop liking it.
Escape from Monkey Island: Bought since it was Monkey Island. Enjoyable, still enjoying.
Grim Fandango: Bought since it was brought up in Curse of Monkey Island. Haven't played, not even seen sis played it.
Heroes 3: Got from one of sis friend. Never thought I would like it, but I did.
Bust-A-Move 3DX: Cute! Wanted it since I always liked the dragon, would still enjoy it if it was working.
The Sims: Bought ages ago since everyone was playing it. Don't like it at all anymore.

Nintendo DS
[glow=red,2,300]Sonic Rush:[/glow] Bought since I'm in a current Sonic-obessity. I'm really proud I actually bought this, since I love it. Love doing the special courses, it is very fun.

NES
Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt x2
Fairly simple why I own.
Super Mario Bros 3
Because every gamer who saw 'The Wizard' bought this game.
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4

One of my favorite series
Punch Out
A classic
Mickey Mousecapades
Loved it as a kid... less so now.
Duck Tales
I love The Moon
Chip'n'Dales Rescue Rangers
Favorite cartoon as a kid, fun game
Time Lord
Hardest Game I Ever Played.

I'll update this list more in a bit.

GBA

1. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland

2. Pokemon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire(the only pokemon game I own and I still haven't unlocked all the pokemon in it)

3. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

4. Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak(I don't play it anymore)

5. Chicken Run

6. Namco Museum(it has Mrs. Pacman, a racing game, Dig Dug, Galaga and Galaga 2)

7. The Fairly Odd Parents volume 2(it's a video cartridge)

8. Just got the Shrek 2 GBA video cartridge!

Nintendo DS

1. Kirby Canvas Curse

2. Nintendogs Dachshund and Friends

3. Nintendogs Dalmation and Friends

4. Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll

5. Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

6. New Super Mario Bros.

7. Yoshi's Island DS

8. Kirby Squeak Squad

9. Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island

10. Big Brain Academy

11. Super Princess Peach

12. Shrek the Third

13. Happy Feet

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've got two DS games to update with, too, and both are them highly enjoyable thus far. And here I thought DS was going to have a slow summer ^^

Added in my brand new Shrek 2 GBA video cartridge and all my DS games which I forgot to put in the first time. Also changed the Fairly Odd parents video cartridge to volume 2 because that's the one I have. I had volume 1 but it's gone missing along with my Madagascar DS game.

New Wii game today, and an old GameCube one to go with it. I've only ever played a very small part of the first Metroid Prime game, but now I've finally started for real.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't played most of these since buying them, but it's high time I updated my lists with all my new purchases =o

New handheld, too ^^

Edit: On second thought, I'll add them later. Either way, games to go up include...

Mario Strikers Charged
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Wild Arms 5
Daxter
Super Metroid

Yesh, I actually bought a PSP - a slim PSP no less. The main reason I got one will be rearing its head somewhere around October 8th ^^

Well, this would be a long list, so I decided to post them in parts, is that okay?

Nintendo Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine
It's a good game that is fun to play, and has a fun concept. I got it for my birthday once.
Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom
Well, I got this for Christmas, and it's a pretty fun game. Not the best game there is, and also far too easy, but nonethenless a fun game.
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
I bought this game because my friend had it. I played it there and really liked the chao breeding stuff. Later I also finished the real game.
Fifa 06
Well, I just like soccer games, and I buy a new Fifa whenever my older Fifa doesn't works anymore.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Do I even need to explain? It's just the best Gamecube title (IMO).
007 Nightfire
Well, I saw it for only $10, and I though: "why not?"
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Well, I got it when I bought the Gamecube. It's a fun race game.
Mario Smash Football
Well, I liked some of the Mario sports game, but never bought one. I also liked soccerso I thought: "I'll just buy this one." It's a fun game too!
Harvest Moon: A Wonderfull Life
I don't remember when or why I bought it, but I did. I don't play it much though.
Chibi-Robo
Just $10 bucks, and I heard all sorts of good things about it. Too bad it begane to bore me after awhile.
Fifa football 2004
Same as Fifa 06.
Soul Calibur II
One of the few arcade fighting games I like. I still play it much.
Pok

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, this would be a long list, so I decided to post them in parts, is that okay?

Perfectly fine. Just remember to keep it all to one post =)

To be honest, my list is STILL incomplete in some areas, and probably always will be ^^;

Anyways, I don't think I added Mario Galaxy to my list here... Not sure about Sonic and Mario either. If not, I'll edit them in later.

[size=10pt]Gamecube[/size]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Master Quest: Ocarina of Time is my personal favorite Zelda game, I love the storyline, the gameplay is amazingly addicting, and Master Quest offers a little challenge.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle: My favorite Sonic game, I've had it ever since I first got a Gamecube...I never get tired of it, it's a great game to play with friends, and I think it's the best game for raising Chaos. Plus, I love Shadow and Rouge, and this was their first game.^^

Resident Evil Zero: I honestly don't play this anymore...It's just kind of frustrating, and although I love one of the main characters (Billy), I would much rather own RE2 (my favorite in the RE series)...

Starfox Adventures: Alright, a lot of people have told me they don't like this game because it strays from the original Starfox games..But I think it's a great game, and I've already played it about 3 times through.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: I love this game, but I really only like to play it when a friend is playing it with me because it basically gets boring playing it alone.

[size=10pt]Playstation 2[/size]

Guitar Hero III: My friend gave this to me with a guitar, so besides the fact that I got it basically brand new for free, it's really addicting, and realllllly fun...also another game I play mainly against my friends.

Need For Speed: Underground: I'm a huuuuuge fan of racing games, I love customizing cars, and this is my favorite racing game, need I say more?

Chaos Legion: Don't play this game often anymore, but it's still a game I highly recommend ^^

[size=10pt]Gameboy[/size]

Pokemon Crystal: My all time favorite Pokemon game!

Pokemon Yellow: Honestly, my least favorite Pokemon game...I really don't want a Pikachu in my party at all times, thanks. ^^;;

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Okay there's not much to say about this one, my boyfriend gave it to me....But it is fun^^

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons: I really don't play this...Heh X_x

[size=10pt]Nintendo 64[/size]

Paper Mario: My favorite game. Period. I just love the storyline and the graphics, tee hee.

Pokemon Stadium 2: What's better than battling your best friend to see who can pick the best team?...^^

Banjo-Kazooie: Super fun, super silly. It was one of my first games for the 64, and I've loved it since.

Nintendo DS

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
It's pretty obvious as to why I purchased these.

Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescure Team

Again, obvious. Die hard pokemon fan.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
I LOVE this game. I also loved the gamecube version.

Aquarium
Kinda boring after a while. You just take care of fishys.

Nintendogs Daschund/Dalmation & Friends
Very good game.

Cooking Mama
One of my all time favorites.

Catz
Hamsterz
Hamsterz 2
Go Pets: Vacation Island
Dolphinz
Tigerz

As you can tell, I love animal games. xD

Harvest Moon: DS
Harvest Moon DS: Cute
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

The Harvest Moon seris is the best game seris (beside pokemon) IMO. And you already know I love animals.

Mario Party DS
New! Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario 64 DS

I also love Mario

Let's see...

PC

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Collection

First Sonic game I've ever played. Also the best one I've ever played. Even though everyone hates the synth/MIDI music, the music will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sonic CD

Second Sonic game I played that came with S3&K Collection. A fun game with easy ass bosses and funky music. Can't play it anymore because the Windows XP patch for the game doesn't work on Vista. D:

Sonic 3D Blast

One of the worst games I've ever played, honestly. Never got past the lava level and barely remember anything else besides the awesome Special Stage music.

Sonic R

A decent racing game with mediocre graphics. I love the weather effects, though. For some reason the music never played so I didn't get absolute trite drilled into my ears. I always thought Sonic had popsicle hands in this game. XP

Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut

My first foray into 3D Sonic (BESIDES Sonic 3D Blast) was a magical one. I love this game to bits. Really can't think of anything to say except that the Chao Garden is crack laced with sentient water creatures.

Sonic Heroes

Terrible. Just plain terrible. The control is terrible, the story is dreadful, and they brought back Shadow for no reason. Plus they turned Tails into a wuss, Amy into a stalker, and Knuckles into some sort of Master Emerald neglecting Sonic side-kick. Plus, all the character models are hideous and SHINY for no reason.

Random Thomas the Tank Engine games

Played these back when I was younger and loved them. Obviously wouldn't today.

I also have a bunch of PC board games and a whole lot of other stuff that I won't list for the sanity of everyone on this forum.

Game Boy Advance

Sonic Advance 2

First GBA game. Hold right, that's all there is to it. I liked the trick system, though. The way to get into the Special Stages was terrible. The way to play Special Stages was terrible. Mainly because I thought my d-pad would break off any second while playing it on my DS Lite.

Sonic Advance 3

Originally, I thought this game was a bundle of fun with awesome graphics. Now I think most of the levels are a chore to get through except for Route 99, and the level design sucks. The Special Stages are even WORSE than Sonic Advance 2's. Stuck on that bloody last Emerald.

Pokemon Emerald

My second Pokemon game, the first was given to my older sister. I think it's a decent game with sub par animations and some forgettable Pokemon. Deleted my first save and now I'm barely trying to get my team to level 60 for the Battle Frontier.

Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga

An awesome game with great sprite animations, and Luigi is damn awesome. Even though he cowers for half the game. Words can not describe this awesome game, get out and buy it NOW. Found the game in one of those clusterfudges of crap discount games at Wal-mart.

Nintendo DS

Pokemon Diamond

I consider this my first DS game, even though Brain Age 2 game with my jawesome
Crimson Red Onyx Black DS. I loved this game from the second I got it. With the huge (Well for me...) graphics jump from the GBA. The weather overworld effects being in more places made me happy. Out of all of the many changes, WiFi is one of the best of them all.

Brain Age 2

A fun little diversion from my Diamond game when I got bored on my first playthrough. Now it's collecting dust. I loved that giant polygon head. (Forgot his name XP)

Kirby SuperStar Ultra

At first, when I was nearing the end of Milky Way Wishes, I was thinking this, "Wait, this is the LAST game on the board. I should've gotten Sonic Chronicles..." After I unlocked everything else though, I changed my mind completely. For a Kirby game, it's darn hard in the Arena modes. I did manage to beat it 100%, minus all of the Helpers in Helper to Hero. Whoever managed to beat that with all Helpers will get a gift basket from me. Plus, it's a huge step up from the GBA games with a much larger moveset than Magical Mirror. I never played Squeak Squad so I don't know about that.

Sonic Rush Adventure

A huge step up from Advance 3. While it may not have much platforming sections, blasting through the stages while making tons of tricks is freaking FUN. Special Stages were a bit frustrating until you upgraded your bike. I also never played the original Sonic Rush. D:

Mario Kart DS

While the AI makes me want to kill myself, Mario Kart DS is a fun game in multiplayer. Decent in single player, but a helluva lot more fun when you ditched the cheap computer for some real, non-cheating humans. Except when you go in WiFi, where it's a 50/50 chance you'll find either, A. a hacker, B. a wimp that quits in the middle of a race, C. a snaker, or D. a player that does non of the above and provides a nice, fair game. I know some people might disagree with me about the snaking, but oh well.

Elite Beat Agents (Are at your service!)

A DS classic with an excellent use of the DS's touch screen, some rather questionable song choices, and a group of agents that DANCE to help people in their incredibly impossible situations. Just a big bundle of fun, really.

Playstation 2 (Really should have gotten a 360)

Guitar Hero 3

My first and least favorite of the Guitar Hero games. The graphics are rubbish compared to the last two games, the bonus songlist is forgettable except for Impulse and Avalancha, and Clive friggin' Winston isn't in it. (lol Yahtzee)

Sonic Mega Collection Plus

An awesome compilation of the awesome Genesis games, and Sonic 1/Chaos for the Game Gear. This marked the first time I ever played Sonic 1. In my opinion, it's miles ahead of Sonic 2 which I thought was mediocre at best. *raises flame shield* I suck at The Ooze, plain and simple. Ristar is a masterpiece. Finally unlocked it last weekend after a whole year of owning the game. Made the entire game purchase worth it. (Besides getting to hear Sonic 3 and Knuckles in non synth/MIDI music)

Sonic Riders

Mediocre at best in single player. The story is drivel and the control is hard to master, but it's pretty fun once you manage to brainwash your friend/sister into actually being able to make the Speed shortcut without being lapped.

Guitar Hero 1 and 2 Dual Pack

Guitar Hero 2 is my favorite GH game. Guitar Hero 1 would have been my favorite if it weren't for some bad covers and terrible Hammer On system. Nothing much to say about it except that YYZ and Iron Man are awesome.

Jak 3

Got this game from my sister's friend. It's pretty fun, but only if you're in the platforming levels. The driving missions and the hang-gliding mission made me want to rip my controller out of its socket and lug it out the window. Best part is killing all the random bystanders and getting killed by other random bystanders.

Sonic Unleashed

While its not the graphical masterpiece the 360 version is, Sonic Unleashed is pretty fun. The Sonic stages are a bit shallow compared to the 360 version. The Werehog stages are way too plentiful, but deliver a fine platforming experience. Wish they improved on the Werehog's model though.

Guitar Hero World Tour

Meh is all I can say for this Guitar Hero Game. I like the customization part of the game, but most of the songs are boring as hell.

God, that took forever to type.

Here's a list of all my games and game systems. I also included a game rating out of five. Before you try and slaughter me for dissing your possible favorite game, keep in mind that this is my personal opinion. And yes, I obviously like playing Resident Evil.

Gamecube:

Resident Evil Zero- Not too great of an RE game, but still manages to pull of a decent gaming experience. Frustrating and challenging puzzles in this game will never be solved without use of an online guide. ***/5

RE Remake- Genuinely scary game with creepy atmosphere, hard difficulty, and neat level design. My favorite of the Resident Evil games. *****/5

RE 3: Nemesis- Great concept in which the claustrophobic levels could have been expanded upon (you're in a city for Pete's sake). Besides that, this is a very enjoyable game with an awesome ending. ****/5

RE: Code Veronica X- Oddly enough, one of the best rated games in the series was my least favorite. I just couldn't get into it again after beating it the first time. **/5

RE 4- Awesome game, but a pathetic excuse for the survival horror game it claimed to be. If you like third-person over the shoulder shooters, buy the game that started the trend. *****/5

Super Smash Bros. Melee- OK game to play with friends, but downright boring and repetitive when played alone. ***/5

Metroid Prime- I don't know why, but I really didn't like this game. **/5

Nintendo DS:

Pokemon Pearl- Totally awesome game that looks great on the DS. Wi-Fi capabilities will make for easier access to Pokemon you never caught before at the GTS. (assuming you find the Pokemon without the owner expecting something totally ridiculous in return). Wish Nintendo actually got more creative with their storylines in the game though. *****/5

Pokemon Platinum- Cookie cut out of Diamond and Pearl Versions with a few bonus features that make the game hardly worth buying if you already have its predecessors. If you don't have Diamond of Pearl, buy it. ***/5

RE: Deadly Silence: Port of the original Resident Evil game for the hardcore fans of the series which includes the hilarious original dialogue. It includes two modes- one is the untouched original version and the other is more action-oriented for the more trigger-happy types. ****/5

Eragon- I was actually pleasantly surprised by this, as I was expecting a cheap, poorly designed game. Good use of combat moves, magical attacks and the touch screen makes for a very fun playthrough of the game. *****/5

Dementium: The Ward- Now this is what survival-horror is all about! As the package advertises, this game is basically a cross between Doom and Silent Hill, combining both into one game. This also comes equipped with the best and smoothest running graphics that I've ever seen on the DS. Play with earphones to effectively scare the $#!% out of you. *****/5

Game Boy Color:

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal- Best Pokemon game ever made. Period. *****/5

Pokemon Yellow- Pikachu stalks you! Pretty good Pokemon game, but I don't really like Pikachu. A very easy way to get all the starter Pokemon from Kanto too. ****/5

X-Box 360:

Resident Evil 5- Essentially, takes the story of all the previous games and burns it at the stake while dancing in a frenzied satanic fashion. If most fans ignore that, it actually has very addicting gameplay and the A.I. that controls your partner is actually half-way competent. Well, what do you know! Two player co-op is also a win. For the last game in the current storyline, it leaves more unanswered questions than solved ones; just great. ***/5

Timeshift- If it weren't such a ripoff of Halo, (with time-changing powers and without aliens) this game might actually have been good. Good thing I only paid $10 for it. */5

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Because I'd like to start using this thread again but really don't have much time at the moment to write stuff for every purchase I've made over the last 2-3 years...

You HAVE to explain why you bought that game and whether you like it or not. A good/bad point here and there, get my point? ^^

Would it be alright if I just listed some of my most recent games for now and added details over time? If not, that's cool. I'll probably just not bother updating for awhile XD

Games I have and have had? Well, here's a few.

Gameboy Color:

Pokemon Red: The original Pokemon game. It's a wonderful game, and who doesn't love the original 151? 5/5 stars to that game.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: Worst. Game. EVER. It's literally impossible to get past the first damn stage. 0/5.

Yu-gi-oh! Dark Duel Stories: A fun game until the final battle (Yami Yugi). It's nearly impossible there and you have to restart when you beat him. x.x 3/5.

Pokemon Gold: My favorite Pokemon game that I've ever had (aside from Diamond). My level 63 Typhlosion kicked ASS. Unfortunately, I never caught Ho-oh and I never beat Ash. Typhlosion beat all 16 gym leaders.... before reaching level 60. ;D 5/5.

Pokemon Crystal: The next best Pokemon game. We had two copies, but one got glitched and the other one we lost. D: It was technically my brother's, but I helped him on it quite often. I always loved visiting the seven weeks children :D 5/5.

Nintendo 64 (we don't have it anymore T.T):

Pokemon Snap: I used to not like this game very much at all, now I'm obsessed with it. I don't think I ever got to Mew, unfortunately. We gave the game to a friend who has a Nintendo 64. He STILL hasn't beaten Mew's level. 4.5/5.

Tony Hawk Pro-skater 2: Ehh, it's okay. A challenging game, but it's a bit TOO challenging. I'll never get tired of playing graffiti.... 4/5.

A Bug's Life: I loved it when I was a kid, but now I hate it. When I liked it, 4.5/5. Now, 2/5.

James Bond: Golden Eye: I was afraid of it when we had it, gave me nightmares. >_< I played it recently though and it's a fun game. I died nonstop though xDD 3/5.

Toy Story 2: THAT. GAME. WAS. SO. FUN. It was challenging AND epic! :D 5/5.

Super Mario 64: I DON'T CARE IF MY BROTHER HACKED IT, IT'S FUN. :D We beat Rainbow Bowser after liek, 3 months xDDD We were so happy after that~ 5/5 8D

Rugrats: Teehee, nostalgia.